Type keyword(s) to search

Incorporated - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Aaron is an evil genius. Damn, son!

If I were Spiga and I find out about his betrayal, NO WAY I would kill him or wipe his memory. I would save his girlfriend and make him work for me because kid is crafty and smart.  He would be such an asset to the company if he was on their side.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 2

Theo's BJ was an HBO moment. Not a good example for any real drama I think. 

Why is Laura married? Why is she having a baby? (She thinks.) She is very alone but that's her choice. You don't need to be alone with somebody, except for public appearances. 

Everclear is the solution to Elena's NDA problem. Everclear is also Ben's ticket to big things, which must include the possibility of his influence getting a different job for Elena. The irony that Roger's murder, a necessary part of the rescue Elena from the NDA plan, provided the last link in perfecting Everclear is nicely dramatic. This is doubly true since perfecting Everclear would probably buy him a job in his own name as noted above. But Everclear means the only reason for any more shenanigans on Ben's part is to not get caught for killing Roger. He doesn't even need to run off with Elena, he can just keep her on the side. 

So Julian is onto Aaron. Aaron's plan to erase Aaron is bound to go wrong. How can he trust that Hendrick would put back Aaron when keeping Ben would be safer for Hendrick? Also, passing that machine's test isn't going to ease that guy's suspicions. The real solution is to eliminate Julian, but he is a cast regular so he isn't going anywhere.

Why did Elena lie about being asked about Ben Larson? Did I miss something? I chuckled when she mentioned that she had spent time with Elizabeth.

I hope that Laura finds love with this new guy. She deserves to be happy and that is not going to happen with Aaron.

4 hours ago, waving feather said:

If I were Spiga and I find out about his betrayal, NO WAY I would kill him or wipe his memory. I would save his girlfriend and make him work for me because kid is crafty and smart.  He would be such a asset to the company if he was on their side.

But I would never trust Aaron. I would have him watched 24/7. I cannot see him happy working for the corporation even with Elena at his side. He would likely work to undermine the corporation.

Edited by SimoneS

Aaron's plan now is to have Theo sell Roger's watch to.... some kind of suit?  Was it from the same company or a rival?  Is he trying to make it look like Roger was a victim of corporate warfare?  Kind of confused by all of that.

I suspect he's selling the folks from the other company the watch and then when the ID part of it re-activates, it's going to look like Roger has defected.

18 hours ago, SimoneS said:

But I would never trust Aaron. I would have him watched 24/7. I cannot see him happy working for the corporation even with Elena at his side. He would likely work to undermine the corporation.

I wouldn't trust Aaron fully either but it's not like his primary agenda is to undermine the Corp. He just wants to save his family (Elena, Theo). He is not a vigilante. He might be OK working for them if he has his family at his side. But who knows, he could get bored after a while and start undermining the company, lol. Aaron has secret / double agent potential because he remains calm under pressure and think of the most logical solutions.

• Love 2

So, first.  I liked the 'documentary' at the beginning as to how the corps came to power.  The government had no funds to help people during a disaster, but corps did.  People, thinking corps were doing it out of the 'goodness' of their hearts, lol. People not realizing that when you vote for government representatives that hate government, don't govern, and give tax breaks to rich people, you prevent the government from being able to help people during a disaster.  So the people vote for corporate sovereignty.  And now poor people have no health care, live with protection rackets, and get scammed into prostitution.   Oh is this a prognostication or what. 

So is there no longer a united states?

So, if Ben erases Aaron from his life, how can he be sure his friend will put Aaron back.  Is that even possible?  Will Ben even let his friend put him back (since Ben won't necessarily recall his history with this friend)?

I didn't understand why Inasagi (or whatever its called) has some guy living in Spiga's red zone.  Is he supposed to be some sort of spy?

At least Elena knows Aaron is trying to do something.

• Love 1
On 1/12/2017 at 10:24 AM, SimoneS said:

Why did Elena lie about being asked about Ben Larson? Did I miss something? I chuckled when she mentioned that she had spent time with Elizabeth.

She recognized him, and, I assume, caught on to the fact that he was who they were aiming for, so she gave them a better and bigger target. First time I liked the character, who had just been a damsel in distress until this episode.

On 1/12/2017 at 1:49 AM, surfer said:

More Tahmoh Penikett please! Especially of the shirtless pull ups variety. On that same note, Laura seemed to be interested in more than just his prosthetics...

That was nice. It also serves to make Ben less of a bad guy if Laura becomes otherwise occupied. Everyone pairs off; everyone wins.

1 hour ago, NorthstarATL said:

She recognized him, and, I assume, caught on to the fact that he was who they were aiming for, so she gave them a better and bigger target.

I just rewatched the episode. I cannot believe that I missed that key moment where Elena sees Aaron. You are right. The photo warned her that Aaron was involved and then she saw him. She was so shocked. So dramatic, I loved it.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

Hey, it's Peter Outerbridge!  Should have known it would only be a matter of time before he showed up.  For a second, I thought he was finally playing a character that was actually kind of nice by his standards, but finding out he drowned his own baby certainly changed things (although it sounds like it was because the Inasagi Company was going to do some kind of cruel tests to his child or something?)  Aaron sure did a number on him.  And the cover being them make him think he fell back off the wagon was ice cold.  Classic Spiga!

Elena finds out that Aaron has made it and is Ben.  She sure is pretty quick on her feet, to cover for him and claim that Roger was trying to find dirt on Elizabeth instead.  That said, Julian totally thinks that Ben is the culprit and I have to think it is only a matter of time before Julian finally catches up to him.

Laura is now going to open up a clinic in the Red Zone, for some kind of ruffian played by Tahmoh Penikett, who it took a second for me to recognize, since I'm use to him playing more clean-shaven guys.  There did seem to be sparks flying between to him, which, sure, he may be some kind of criminal (?), but he probably would be a better option then Aaron for her at this point.

Theo is now getting juiced by Terrence to win fights.  Oh, and being forced to receive blowjobs too.  Not quite sure yet where all of this is leading to.

Julian is now going to use the device to interrogate everyone (a.k.a. Aaron), so Aaron's plan is to have Hendrick "erase" Aaron form Ben.  What could possibly go wrong?!

• Love 2

I love it whenever Elena uses her customer service voice. The actress is great. 

In terms of their characters, Aaron and Elena are better suited than Aaron and Laura. Laura is naturally more sheltered. She hasn't had a chance to learn to be ruthless on a daily basis. So it's good she's getting someone else on the side, lol.

This show does a good job with world building by showing little corporation propaganda clips every episode.

• Love 2

I liked the 'documentary' at the beginning as to how the corps came to power.  The government had no funds to help people during a disaster, but corps did.  People, thinking corps were doing it out of the 'goodness' of their hearts, lol. People not realizing that when you vote for government representatives that hate government, don't govern, and give tax breaks to rich people, you prevent the government from being able to help people during a disaster.  So the people vote for corporate sovereignty.  And now poor people have no health care, live with protection rackets, and get scammed into prostitution.   Oh is this a prognostication or what. 

Yep. Watching that ad gave me the same kind of chill I felt the first time I read The Handmaid's Tale. At a certain point life isn't just imitating art, it's using art as the agenda.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, waving feather said:

I love it whenever Elena uses her customer service voice. The actress is great. 

I need to see more instances like this, where Elena gets to demonstrate her resourcefulness. I have to think 6+ years as a prostitute would have honed her ability to be quick on her feet.

I'm not sure Aaron doesn't truly love Laura. In the pilot, when Theo started to say something snarky about her, Aaron shut that down fast. He didn't like it, and not in a "hey, she's a nice woman" way, but in an offended-husband "don't talk about my wife" way. I think it started as one thing but ended up becoming more. Honestly, with Laura being who she is, how could it not? I disagree with @SimoneS that they don't have anything in common; they have quite a lot in common, as I see it. They're both smart, resilient, persistent people. Yes, they come from different worlds, but, crucially: Laura doesn't like the corporate world either, and is quite out of sync with it herself.

Which is not to say Aaron doesn't still love Elena. But I think it's become more of a thing where he can't turn his back on her when he always figured she was in a bad situation and needs extrication from it, and a need/desire for closure because he had no idea what happened to her. When he briefly thought Elena was dead, he was sure fast to move on with Laura and their planned pregnancy. Elena's alive, of course, but I expect she's rather a different person now from the woman he knew and loved. It's been a long time, for both of them - just jumping back into a relationship wouldn't work well. Realistically, they barely had any time together as a couple even back then.

But it may all be moot because I'm not sure Laura can forgive Aaron once she finds out the truth about why he married her. I think she can understand - I was impressed at how in this episode she was quite understanding of the people who kidnapped her and cut off her ear - but that doesn't mean she could continue in the marriage even if it's what he wants. Maybe quite a ways down the road, if he really worked at it. (Another moment I found interesting was when Ben and Laura were playing around with the baby-designing software and Ben gave the baby all Laura's features, which speaks to his admiration of his wife.)

The interaction between Laura and Kim was interesting. I was expecting a twist where Kim got away alive and, when Laura went to go see the woman with the daughter who needed her appendix out, the mother would turn out to be Kim. But when Kim realized that Laura was out of her bonds, I understood then why the show had the earlier scenes between them. Laura's look just before she attacked Kim was great - apologetic and regretful, yet determined. Laura didn't want to kill her and tried to avoid it by pretending to still be in her chair. She would have let Kim leave the room alive. And it's interesting how the show closely mirrored Laura/Kim with Aaron's killing in the previous episode: Both on top of the person they were killing, desperate, very close to their victim. That's certainly not accidental, and I think was intended to suggest that Aaron and Laura, as I said above, actually have quite a lot in common.

Laura's interaction with the doctor was also interesting, for the ways in which it both helped and hurt her. When the doctor said that about "It's like it never happened"? Oh, Laura. In that scene, the roots were set for her becoming both a doctor and a cutter, and for burying her trauma rather than dealing with it.

I felt sorry for Julian, when Elizabeth reneged on her deal with him. But I understood why she did it. As she said, he's the only one he can trust. This episode did well at explaining the dynamics between the Knauss women and Julian. No wonder Elizabeth can't let him go, or that Laura is so bonded with him.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I'm not sure Aaron doesn't truly love Laura. In the pilot, when Theo started to say something snarky about her, Aaron shut that down fast. He didn't like it, and not in a "hey, she's a nice woman" way, but in an offended-husband "don't talk about my wife" way. I think it started as one thing but ended up becoming more. Honestly, with Laura being who she is, how could it not? I disagree with @SimoneS that they don't have anything in common; they have quite a lot in common, as I see it. They're both smart, resilient, persistent people. Yes, they come from different worlds, but, crucially: Laura doesn't like the corporate world either, and is quite out of sync with it herself.

I think Aaron really cares about her because she is a really sweet, compassionate person but he is not in love with her. I agree that they have more in common than any two people from the red zone and green zone would but Aaron will always be an outsider. I was always under the impression that Aaron's plan was to assume a green zone identity, move up in the company then extract Elena and escape back to the red zone together. I don't think he wants to stay in the green zone working at Spiga but hey thats just what I get from his whole plan.

49 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

(Another moment I found interesting was when Ben and Laura were playing around with the baby-designing software and Ben gave the baby all Laura's features, which speaks to his admiration of his wife.)

I think when Ben gave the baby all of Laura's features it was more of a guilt thing. He didn't want the baby to look like anything like him because it would be easier on Laura if she wasn't constantly reminded of Ben every time she looked at her child. 

• Love 2

I am really liking this show. I hope that it gets a second season, but a double episode finale does not bode well. I totally bought the suspense as Ben worked with Julian to solve Roger's murder. I wondered how close Ben would come to solving Roger's murder before Hendrick is able to restore his memories. It was predictable that Hendrick would double cross Aaron, but even I didn't realize that Aaron would know this and have fail safes in place. It was also a surprise that the mind wipe starting to fail almost immediately. I hope that Laura is not pregnant because that would not be good. I wonder if somehow Laura will figure out the truth about Aaron because of the replica of Elena's ring that he gave her.

Did Laura ask that Goran what he is charging patients for her services at the clinic? Because he does not strike me as a good Samaritan.

Poor Theo. He has quickly become a drug addicted mess. I hope that Aaron finds out and helps him.

Edited by SimoneS

Technically, as I understand it, addictive drugs are those that cause some sort of withdrawal, as well as habituation (tendency to escalating use as user becomes less responsive to the previous dosage.) Not clear if Theo's drug isn't just making him crazy. This subplot makes me wonder why you have a gay character who's supposed to be in a relationship, then not show anything about his private life except Theo dumping the boyfriend for the hooker. 

Julian is correct that Ben would know how to beat Everclear which makes you wonder why he bothered in the first place. 

The interesting thing to me about the Aaron persona is not that he investigates the murder and finds out he's guilty, but when Aaron is restored, how will the experience of a different perspective change his views of his marriage and what he's doing? In effect, he's had a taste of being a mentally healthy person? Shouldn't he want more of it?

Yes, Laura is pregnant. If HBO can knock up Rachel McAdams with one hookup, SyFy can knock up Alison Miller with one hookup. 

Both Everclear and the salt resistant plants will change the world. The character should have noticed. In particular, Julia Ormond's character should be feeling pretty good about her division delivering on Everclear.

Wow, do I love Laura - she's smart, brave and compassionate. I hope she's not pregnant by Ben because she and Goran would make beautiful babies.  

Good catch on the ring, I didn't realize the Elena connection. Speaking of elana, that has been one of the show's weaknesses because it didn't really show how she was worth everything Aaron's done. I understand they were young lovers, but people do move on.  I guess we'll find out next week.  

I couldn't care less about Theo and FF all of his subplot.  I hope he pulls himself together to help Aaron/Ben, but that's it. 

• Love 2

Is it wrong that I actually liked Ben a little bit *after* he has Aaron excised? Also I hate the way the show has ruined the character of Theo. He was really likable in the first couple of episodes and downright cute with his BF. Now I don't know what he is or what purpose he serves to the story and his storyline is, frankly, gross. And laughable. In any kind of realistic story, one of those other giant fighters would have killed him in the ring in about a minute. They can kill him off now.

• Love 2

Ben's ongoing investigation leads to a shock; Laura's patient reveals sobering facts about life outside the wall; Ben's mission reaches a critical juncture; Laura finds the thief; Theo ventures inside the wall.

Please refrain from posting until after the episode airs.

22 hours ago, sjohnson said:

Elena's ring being a high end product sold to the corporate elite makes no sense, taken literally. It's a device to show Aaron is not totally excised, which we more or less knew anyhow. 

It is not an exact replica. It just has the same style, which Aaron is obviously attached to.

I liked seeing this side of Ben. It was a nice change, but I do like Aaron as well. Basically, both portrayals worked for me and the actor is doing a good job with it.

Poor Hendrick, lol. Like I have said before, Aaron really is a genius. He often thinks several moves ahead of other people. In this episode, it really showed how he could be a great asset to Spiga if they have him on their side.

I love this show because it moves at a quick pace with suspenseful storylines and there isn't a character I dislike. I think Elena is awesome. I just hope Theo snaps out from the stupor sooner than later.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, waving feather said:

Poor Hendrick, lol. Like I have said before, Aaron really is a genius. He often thinks several moves ahead of other people. In this episode, it really showed how he could be a great asset to Spiga if they have him on their side.

As much as Aaron recognized the potential for Hendrick to try and double cross him, Aaron should have also recognized the potential for him to end up helping on the murder investigation (because he knows Julian suspects him and would push extra hard and thus make Aaron extra keen to prove his innocence).  Aaron probably should have timed his first message a little faster, with a warning to Hendrick that if he doesn't restore the memories, "Aaron" will probably be helping the murder investigation, which would implicate himself, and would make it impossible for Ben to subsequently fix any problems Hendrick would have and give Ben a motive to name Hendricks as an accomplice.

Definitely wondering how "Aaron" is going to get himself out of this predicament, since now he knows he killed Roger.  He can probably lie and claim the data wasn't good enough, but its really going to mess with his mind.

And yes, "Aaron" didn't renew his birth control, so Laura will be pregnant.

On 1/18/2017 at 11:01 PM, SimoneS said:

Did Laura ask that Goran what he is charging patients for her services at the clinic? Because he does not strike me as a good Samaritan.

I don't think he is.  I think Goran is offering the services for free to win the "hearts and minds" of the people in his block who already pay him protection/'management' fees.  Keep the people more interested in helping keep Goran in power.

Good point @Hanahope about anticipating Ben's actions after Aaron is excised. Aaron probably underestimated how earnest the character of Ben truly is, going the extra mile to solve the murder even after he has been cleared. 

This made me think that even though Spiga has advanced technology, they lack the talent to analyze and interpret the data like Aaron does. Even the head of security couldn't figure out the GPS tampering. Or perhaps, because they are the same person, Ben knows how cover-ups are done.

42 minutes ago, waving feather said:

This made me think that even though Spiga has advanced technology, they lack the talent to analyze and interpret the data like Aaron does. Even the head of security couldn't figure out the GPS tampering. Or perhaps, because they are the same person, Ben knows how cover-ups are done.

It sounds like Spiga, like many authoritarian rulers, don't take too kindly to mistakes, so people are less inclined to take risks, which is sometimes necessary in analyzing data.  People are more likely to just tow the line and keep their heads down, so as not to attract the 'wrong' attention that might hurt more than help.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, waving feather said:

I liked seeing this side of Ben. It was a nice change, but I do like Aaron as well. Basically, both portrayals worked for me and the actor is doing a good job with it.

But there is no way that Aaron would willingly be on their side. They would have to threaten the people that he loves and if they did that he would just work to destroy Spiga so he could escape. Right now all he wants is Elena back which is Spiga's best case scenario. I have been thinking about his long term plan, it has to entail faking his and Elena's deaths and disappearing, maybe make it look like they were killed by a rival corporation. I don't see how it could be anything else. If he ran or defected, it would destroy Laura which I don't think he intends.

I like the actor too. He gives solid performances. As for mindwipe Ben, as far as I am concerned he is just another horrible Spiga drone, exploiting the world's resources and destroying people's lives. Seriously, Ben considers that misogynist violent asswipe Roger his friend? I will be happy when Aaron returns. Plus, his feelings for Laura is so superficial that even the mindwipe cannot completely suppress his love for Elena. Laura deserves better. I really hope that she isn't pregnant or if she is that she loses the baby. Before Aaron decides to make the decision to get rid of it for her. I put nothing pass him.

• Love 1

When Goren said "I'm a man of the people," I fell out. He's not wrong, but the way he said it was just so smug. I don't know, it cracked me up. I also liked finding out that he and Julian are old military buddies. 

And speaking of Goren, they are clearly hinting at something happening with him and Laura - I'm guessing if/when she finds out who Ben really is.

So, Gates basically wants Elizabeth's job? I have to think Julian's not the only one he's approached about the possibility of Elizabeth being displaced.

I can't take the Theo scenes anymore. He's just constantly getting abused - and now he's giving it. It's too much. I need someone to rescue him from all the horribleness.

• Love 1

Theo's story line is that old standby, the bare knuckle fight with howling mobs. This is about as overused as vehicle dangling off the edge of a bridge or the villain somehow thinking a good plan involves his getting captured. It hits me any more as just lame, lame, lame. A lot of this show is actually pretty good SF but for me this is dragging down the overall average, even more than the soulful torturer cliche that is Julian.

• Love 1

Finally caught up with this one.  Interesting seeing "Ben" without the Aaron, and how he really was Team Spiga and helping the company, and even more romantic with Laura.  Makes me wonder if there would have been a shot with her and Aaron, had Elena not been in the picture.  I'm glad he was prepared for Hendrick to just leave him as Ben and had safe guards in place, but he really should have considered that "Ben" would take an interest in Roger's murder.  I have no idea how he'll get out of this one.  If he lies and claims it didn't work suddenly, I don't see how Julian's suspicions don't come back with a vengeance.

Laura as Badass Clinic Doctor is awesome.  I'm glad she has found her calling and I hope it doesn't get ruined.  Still wonder if something is going on with her and Goren.

Speaking of Goren, so he and Julian served together?  Hmm...

Gates/Rob Stewart is gunning for Elizabeth's job!  I doubt it will work, but I hope it at least leads to a fight scene, so Stewart can bust out some Khylen from Killjoys/Rome from Nikita moves!

Just when I think things can't get even worse for Theo.  But it sounded like he impressed that guy who can get him a fight inside the wall, so I'm guessing that is going to lead to his own quest to save Elena.

Finale is already next week?  I hope it gets another season.

Oh Theo. I’d forgotten that he even had a boyfriend (he got what? two minutes of screen time the entire season?), let alone one that he’d sell out Ben to save.

And poor Chad. Tortured, fired, memory wiped, red zoned, shot to death and now Ben gets to live in his house.

In any case, would enjoy a potential season 2. Laura definitely didn’t look too thrilled to be pregnant. And I’m finally intrigued by Elena. It would be interesting to see if she uses Ben in much of the same way that he’s used Laura all these years.

• Love 1

I was so glad to get Aaron back for the 2nd half of the finale. I don't like whiny, superficial Ben. Ruthless Aaron is why I watch this show. I am fine with them softening him up a bit but I still want him to be a killer shark because that is what separates him from other stereotypical protagonists and makes him interesting for me.

I like Laura becoming more like her mother; it's about time. She and Aaron may be good matches after all.

Theo's plot just got tedious. If they can't find a way for him to connect to the main story, they should save the screen time for something better.

I am curious what is Elena's end goal.

I hope we see Hendrick again. I really like the actor and the character.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 1

I thought that was a pretty good finale, it clearly sets things up for next season ( I assume it's been renewed).  I do feel for Laura, she is turning into her mother (which her mother recognized)- I hope she and Ben/Aaron do not become total monsters but nuanced characters in the war against the corporations.  I have to admit I really don't remember Phillip, aside from how they got the info from him, but is he still employed by Inazagi?  I assume so from the seed truck, but the lack of security seems odd.

Speaking of lack of security, I was struck by how neither Ben nor Elena seemed to consider the possibility that the private room at Arcadia was monitored.  I realize that the executives using it certainly don't want any record of their activities, but it seems like just from a security standpoint there should be something. 

Since Ben is now on the 40th floor, should his work attire have changed?  I thought the neck pin was for lower level employees.  As always, I FF through Theo's scenes - I was hoping that it would turn out that the sister was getting him to kill himself for revenge, but I guess not.  It would have been interesting to see another component of this world, one that involves spirituality.

• Love 1

So I have to wonder what is the deal that Elena and the "maid" are doing.  Some sort of blackmail?  Or just learning secrets that they 'share' with another corp?  Although why, presumably one corp is about as bad as another, so why you'd sell one out to the other is beyond me. 

And Inazagi seems almost worse with the indoctrination of their children.  Is Ben's friend's child going to be subjected to that now?  Oh and what happened to the friend's wife?  Did we ever learn that?  I don't recall hearing about it.  And too bad Ben's friend didn't tell his daughter that stuff found at home, stays at home.  Oops.  And while I think its a nice thing for Ben to do for his friend, based on what we saw before, the girl would probably be 'adopted' into another home.  Was it really worth it for Ben to give Inazagi Everclear?  His friend could hide out again in the Red zone, he could handle it, and his daughter taken in by another family.  Not great, but not like what happened to Chad (poor guy) and his wife (and what did happen with her).

And how did Inazagi hear about the extraction?  Did someone get a signal off quick enough?  It looked like no, that someone must have tipped them off.  But the guy that Ben did the Everclear thing on certainly seemed to have no idea he had his brain picked, so it didn't appear to have been him.  so does Spiga have another spy?  Or was that info Elena discovered?

I do love the reference that they have to protect the shareholders, who cares about human lives.

How creepy it must be for Ben/Laura to be in that house.  Its quite a learning curve she went through.  And now pregnant, hah Ben's going to love that.

24 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

And too bad Ben's friend didn't tell his daughter that stuff found at home, stays at home.  Oops.

Too bad Hendrick didn't think to have his floor safe open on exact DNA match only. It opened on familial DNA, which is fine for a general safe, but if you're locking away something you don't want ANYBODY else to find? Maybe program that lock a little better. 

Also, what was up with the needle just being in the open on the floor like that? Yes, it was hidden under a table, but what if someone is sitting barefoot at it or something? There isn't a cover plate to keep people from accidentally pricking themselves?

6 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Also, what was up with the needle just being in the open on the floor like that? Yes, it was hidden under a table, but what if someone is sitting barefoot at it or something? There isn't a cover plate to keep people from accidentally pricking themselves?

It was a bed but yes, that was stupid. It should at least have a hidden cover. I am assuming he doesn't have a wife because his daughter is genetically engineered. I understand why he wouldn't want to leave his daughter behind. I doubt Spiga would treat kindly to kids of traitors. They would probably be enslaved.

Hendrick isn't as cut-throat or smart as Aaron so it is probably safer for him to get out now than to continue the charade. They didn't really spell out where they are going though.

I wonder how Ben is going to explain to Spiga how Inazagi got their hands on Everclear. It's probably safer for him temporarily that Spiga doesn't have it because they might try to use it on him again. I actually thought they would use it in his final job interview.

• Love 1

Everclear means that it is no longer "necessary" to wipe someone's personality out to execute a nondisclosure agreement. From a humanitarian standpoint, no more Chad Peterson's, sharing Everclear is desirable. 

In the long run, Everclear offers the opportunity for effective psychotherapy. It's use has accidentally made huge progress in fixing Aaron Larson. 

At the party, Ian Tracey's character believed a random smooch from a female was of course the sort of thing Theo really wanted. Since when does this dude know Theo had a boyfriend he'd regret losing. Not even the audience knew that. 

Ben/Aaron is more interesting as his conscience makes his choices more signifcant. Mostly it's been about whether he wins. Since he wasn't a very nice person, that wasn't quite that compelling a question to me.

Man, Chad had the worst luck ever.  Out of all the people Aaron had to step on to get ahead, Chad might have been the one he fucked over the most.

Serviceable enough of a season finale, which wrapping up most of the main plots, and setting things up for a potential next season.  Aaron moves up the 40th floor, but now he not only has Terrence onto him, but it sounds like Elena is actually working some kind of con on him.  Is she an agent for a rival company?  Of course, I suspect her feelings for him are still there, and it won't just be a con for long.

Julian didn't factor into these episodes too much, but it sounds like he has had enough of Elizabeth after she killed their soldiers and the doctor who could have saved a lot of people, so he is willing to align himself with Gates.  Careful, Julian!  Rob Stewart is a crafty fellow!

Laura is discovering that running the clinic isn't as easy at it seems, and sometimes if trouble arrises, a good old-fashion hand chopping can get the job done.  But, hey, she's pregnant!  And stood up to Elizabeth!  Yay, Laura!

Hey, Kima from The Wire is the Head of Spiga!  I so want the Head of Inazagi to be one of the actors who played a drug dealer on that show like Wood Harris or Jamie Hector! 

Solid wrap up to the season.

I was so sad for Chad. He just never caught any breaks.

Poor Theo. I want the nun whose brother he killed to take him into the monastery and care for him.

Laura turned savage af, which was interesting to watch. Like mother, like daughter I guess.

As someone said upthread, Elena's intrigued me. If she's working to take down the suits, I'm definitely here for that.

So, Gates has enlisted Julian in his quest to take Elizabeth's job. If this gets a second season, does that mean we get more Rob Stewart (please!please!please!)

Ben is pure trash. I just hope Laura finds him out so she can a) read his ass and b) go all Elizabeth on him.

Edited by Gillian Rosh

I rolled my eyes at Hendrick's daughter finding that thing under his bed.  That was such an obvious plot contrivance, to get Hendrick and his kid to take Ben's last chance out of town (and to make us feel like Ben still has a heart underneath it all).  But Hendrick would be way smarter than that.  I didn't buy it.

Did Laura really need to chop off that guy's whole hand?  I mean, a finger or two wouldn't be sufficient?  With their futuristic medicine and magical suture spray, I was hoping Laura would glue it right back on and tell him "this time, it's just a warning!"

Julian turning on Elizabeth, and Elena potentially working against Ben, could interest me enough for a second season.  Also, I think the corporate backstabbing is only going to get worse for Ben on the 40th floor.  

That really sucked for Chad!  And where is his poor wife now??  She had to give up her kids to another Green Zone family and presumably got sent into the Red Zone ... did she ever try to find Chad or did she have her memory wiped, too??

• Love 1