Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Week 2, Night 1

• Start Topic

I do find Amanda pretty (prettier than the rest of the women there anyway, other than Jubilee). But that's it. The only thing about being a "mom" she seems particularly devoted to is using it as a hook/her "thing" on reality tv. And I find her Bachelor-franchise quest to find a "father" for her kids that already have a father to be pretty thoroughly disgusting. 

I was so hoping that Daniel would just give his rose to Haley, even though she was already safe. I cannot stand Sarah. 

Evan is just...too pathetic for words. His mannerisms make me ill...talking in a baby voice, "will you go out with me," "yeeee" with a little hop when Carly says yes. Vomit. He just pisses me off when I look at him. I don't like Carly at all, and *hate* her Greek chorusing of everything happening, but damn, I cannot blame her for being that grossed out by him. I suppose she could have been a little nicer about it in her talking heads though, knowing he'd see them eventually.

Spoiler

Having read the spoilers, I am truly baffled as to how her complete and utter disgust morphs into "Yeah, let's get married!" in the next 2 1/2 weeks. Frightening levels of desperation (beyond her usual level, which I already find frightening), I can only assume!

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 6

Poor Leah. Whatever the hell she did to her face was bad enough but wow these producers don't care for her. There's the fact that they show the women openly talking about the work she's done, then she shows up talking about all the people she's friends with or friendly with and you basically have them flat out saying they can't stand her. Then they give Nick a date card right after his date with Leah because they knew for a fact he would likely ask Amanda out. Yeah she seems a little nutty and her conversation with Nick before the rose ceremony was hilarious because of his facial expressions but she's sort of become a punching bag on this franchise. Best to stay away.

I felt the same (and said so, but somehow deleted half my post in trying to fix my quote boxes, grrr!) She literally got a season's worth of villain edit comeuppance (see Olivia's season-long edit) crammed into one single episode. She must have been a serious bitch to someone in production or something. 

They picked out every unflattering shot, action, or unfortunate soundbite (the certainty about getting a 2nd date with Nick, getting a rose from Daniel) and showed every bit of nastiness said about her. 

I do find her off-putting for some reason, but now that I think about, how could I not when all footage shown of her is clearly intended to be unpleasant

It was really bugging me as to who Josh reminded me of until I remembered this guy:

OMG, that's it! I got all the way to "looks sorta like Matt Dillon" but I couldn't put that last piece together. Personality-wise, he reminds me a bit of Boston Rob from Survivor in his worst, most ruthless Survivor scheme-y mode.

I know editing ramped up the moaning sounds Josh was making while kissing Amanda, but it really, REALLY squicks me out.   I'm not fully understanding her appeal, as far as why she is considered a solid level or two more attractive than the other women there.  I know she meets the standard beauty qualities required to be on this show, but I don't see what is so incredibly special about her looks.  How, exactly, is she SO much better looking than Leah?  Have we ever seen her without a hefty layer of make-up? 

We did!! It was only about a second long, but they showed her getting ready before she applied the mountain of black eyeliner and spider lashes. She looked very cute and so much more natural (and younger!) than usual. I don't know why people don't see how much this thick makeup ages them. 

Amanda: "I'm like, nice, like, but I'm like, not a like, doormat."

That conversation cracked me up. Nick was digging for "edge and big personality" (which, barf, let people be who they are and it's not what you're looking for, move on) and her response was the very opposite. "Yes, I'm like sweet? but like, I can totally, like? speak like, my mind? when I like, need to, you know?" all said in her Minnie Mouse, upspeak voice. 

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 8

Ugh, I can see that chirpy little Amanda is going to be on our screens for a while. She's my least favorite from Ben's season, from leaving bitty little kids for 6 weeks to making sneaky mean girl comments with the twins. Guys: a Snow White voice does not make a woman "sweet" or "an amazing mother."

Leah, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful contestants from Ben's season, but her personality is so bad that no one cares. Contrast that with Jen Schefft, who was a less attractive version of Leah, but racked up the guys.

I never watched Andi's season and so had no opinion about Josh. Dude is a major dick though, and not attractive at all. 

Edited by huahaha
  • Love 7

I don't get the appeal of Josh. He's tall and dark, sure - but handsome? I'm not really seeing it. Not unattractive per se but he's got that snake-in-the-grass look that I find really unappealing. And please get over the whole Nick thing already, Josh. It's like he can't move past it. When Josh got there, clearly his mission was to find out who Nick likes and go after that woman just to spite him. 

Why do all the men find Amanda to be the most attractive one there? I'm genuinely curious. 

I had to laugh because my one-year-old son has a onesie with the exact same pattern as Nick's shirt in this episode (white with the little black sunglasses/eyeglasses print).

That kissing scene between Carly and Evan was very uncomfortable to watch. I almost started gagging. She really should have politely declined the date, knowing that she was repulsed by him. She must really want to stay in paradise. 

Edited by amcfar
  • Love 7

I can't be the only one who gagged at that spit string when Carly and the plastic snowman stopped kissing.  I guess you all were trying to brain bleach it away?

if Carly would take out the ratty extensions, and focus on her Twiggy-esque eyes, she would be very striking.   Man, she does work those skinny Instagram angles.  Not saying she's big or anything, but those rollers make her look wider and dumper than she probably is.  But girl is cat fishing in Insta.

• Love 10

Maybe Leah and Chad could find each other now. 

Josh seems evil. I did like him during his season, but now he's seeming just shady. Not sure why Amanda wouldn't question his intentions at all especially when she has kids to put first in her life.

I have disliked Carly since her season, she was always so bitter about Britt and she just is so worse. She's a mean person inside & out.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, wovenloaf said:

I do find Amanda pretty (prettier than the rest of the women there anyway, other than Jubilee). But that's it. The only thing about being a "mom" she seems particularly devoted to is using it as a hook/her "thing" on reality tv. And I find her Bachelor-franchise quest to find a "father" for her kids that already have a father to be pretty thoroughly disgusting. 

I was so hoping that Daniel would just give his rose to Haley, even though she was already safe. I cannot stand Sarah. 

Evan is just...too pathetic for words. His mannerisms make me ill...talking in a baby voice, "will you go out with me," "yeeee" with a little hop when Carly says yes. Vomit. He just pisses me off when I look at him. I don't like Carly at all, and *hate* her Greek chorusing of everything happening, but damn, I cannot blame her for being that grossed out by him. I suppose she could have been a little nicer about it in her talking heads though, knowing he'd see them eventually.

Reveal hidden contents

Having read the spoilers, I am truly baffled as to how her complete and utter disgust morphs into "Yeah, let's get married!" in the next 2 1/2 weeks. Frightening levels of desperation (beyond her usual level, which I already find frightening), I can only assume!

A stepfather still has to be a father. He will be around her girls and will have to play the parental role when real daddy isn't there because he doesn't live with them. Whether stepfather wants to or not he will be a male role model in these kids' lives.

6 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

How old are these people?  Carly let Evan kiss her and then went, "ewwww," to the cameras. Now,  Evan thinks that because a girl let him kiss her he is a big stud and is going to go after the head pom-pom girl that is Amanda.  Meanwhile Amanda drops popular boy, Nick, when the hot jock shows up.  They proceed to make out in front of everyone. Shy Jared and Emily talk about favorite colors until the date completely founders and Emily pulls out the "how to get a boy to kiss" you stuff she read in a magazine.

Seriously. The conversation about favorite numbers and colors was incredibly juvenile. They didn't even seem to be doing it ironically. And there was no discussion about why a particular number or color was important to them. Weird, weird conversation. This is the second time I've seen these people discussing favorite colors. Is that a thing in the dating world these days, like the old-fashioned "what's your sign?"

• Love 6

Chad has got to be a character. And if he's not, he needs to take his show on the road. His one-liners ("on a scale of 1 to ****-off..") are pure gold. 

Vinny seems like a nice, normal guy, macking on 2 girls not withstanding. I noticed he and Jared were the two who leaned against the couches during the cocktail party, while everyone else was squeezed in like sardines.

Leah should work on her self-esteem. It's why she talked crap about Lauren B during Ben's season, and why she thought the fillers and sexy makeup would change things. Girl, focus on yourself!

Lace needs subtitles half the time. And agree with the poster above about the extensions and eyelashes. She's an absolutely stunning woman already - less is more!

Daniel is growing on me. He's weird and says wildly inappropriate things, but strangely it works for him. And no one seems to mind him, which would lead me to think he's actually an ok guy.

The twins are juvenile and petty but, like Daniel, it works for them. I enjoy watching the scenes they're in.

Evan looks like a very, very, very delicate version of Sean Penn.

The thing about Josh I remember most about his season was him completely losing it when Andi had the guys take a lie detector test. I mean, yeah, in real life it would be kind of strange, but - seriously - this is a dating reality show. 

Yeah, how did I end up rooting for Nick?

Mu Shu, you're not the only one. Gross.

Loved everyone crowding around Jubilee after the rose ceremony. For all the extensions and plastic surgeries and fame whoring, it's nice to see at least some humanity. Leah did not seem to have the same send off.

Edited by kazza
  • Love 8

God bless Daniel, that inexplicable weirdo. I did the pause-rewind-pause thing so I could transcribe this conversation in all its beauty:

"I don't want anybody to think that I'm just, like-" 

"A crazy girl that-"

"I'm not crazy at all, actually."

"No, I'm - no, I'm just saying -"

"I'm very normal. I have a lot of layers."

"Layers. Like an onion."

"Like an onion."

"You gonna make me cry, though?"

"No."

"Okay, you're not like an onion, then."

"I have layers like an onion, but I - you - I might cry, but you - 'cause I'm the onion-"

"Yeah."

[befuddled stare]

"So you're like an orange. With one layer."

[befuddled stare]

I mean, it's no "Let's say you're Hitler," but nothing can top that, really. 

Jubilee is too good for this show and I want to be her friend so I can tell her to get a grip and stop sanding off her edges for assorted gomers. Find a dude who appreciates you and your RBF, girl! 

• Love 16

I haven't read Andi's book but basically she trashes Josh and to a lesser extent Nick and Juan Pablo.  She doesn't call them by name, gives them numbers but you could tell who was who.

And I thought I couldn't hate Andi more. What a passive-aggressive, backhanded way of doing things. First off, who does she think she is fooling? That attempt to conceal identities is pathetic because a) we already know who the guys are and what went down, and b) it was clearly done for her benefit, as a lame attempt for Andi to show she has "class" and won't name names. Ugh!

I love Carly, but she was quite mean towards Evan. If she really didn't want to go on the date with Evan, she could have just said no. But I understand why she didn't do that. She doesn't want to say no and embarrass him in front of everyone. And more to the point, she didn't want to be seen as someone who thought she was too good to just go on a date. By and large, the etiquette in Paradise is to accept dates, not turn them down. So she accepted. I get it. But if she was going to go that route, she should have refrained from embarrassing him behind his back in talking heads. Which ironically also embarrass him in front of a national audience. If Carly was going to take the hit, she should have accepted it.

And I get that Evan is basically the class weirdo in this hellish extension of high school, but by that token, Carly should realize that she isn't exactly the queen bee herself. IRL, I am sure Carly, with her cute, "guys girl" persona, does well. But in this arena, Carly needs to know that she has to punch her weight. And that, sadly, means Evan.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, alannaofdoom said:

God bless Daniel, that inexplicable weirdo. I did the pause-rewind-pause thing so I could transcribe this conversation in all its beauty:

I mean, it's no "Let's say you're Hitler," but nothing can top that, really. 

Jubilee is too good for this show and I want to be her friend so I can tell her to get a grip and stop sanding off her edges for assorted gomers. Find a dude who appreciates you and your RBF, girl! 

Jubilee is out on LA as she's on "After Paradise" with Lace and Leah tonight and she seems to have found a "friend" in one of JoJo's guys (going to spoil tag his name as he's still to come on the show)

Spoiler

Christian

(they had also hung out during the Men Tell All taping).  Could be one of those post show couples that dates for a bit.  Or one that fizzes out.  But at least she seems like she's having fun in LA today. 

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, CindyBee said:

I haven't read Andi's book but basically she trashes Josh and to a lesser extent Nick and J She described Josh as controlling with a bad temper.  But that's just her side to the story so who knows what happened.

Having met a few controlling bad-tempered people in my life, I thought Josh's inability to shrug and say, mistakes were made, I'm sorry she feels that way, or something more along the lines of what Nick said was a huge red flag. Instead it was just, bitches be crazy! I'm the nicest guy ever! Hopefully just a self-centred asshole though, and not so prone to angry moments that he genuinely doesn't remember what she's talking about.

I don't watch regular Bachelor/ette so I only know our previous guests. Jared is so only here for the sun and free booze, in any season.

Daniel makes me laugh. That Canadian accent is compounded by some hardcore mumbling, though listening to sone of our Olympians I guess it's a Millennial epidemic, hee.

• Love 3

I hated Andi before reading excerpts from the book and what she wrote just confirmed my impressions. What she wrote about Nick (in bed--his asking something like if she wanted impersonal sex or loving sex or both--can't quite remember, but she wrote it cruder than that) was such a betrayal. She has a mean streak a mile wide and last night I saw that in Josh as well, which surprised me, as I'd bought the "nice guy" narrative. (On the other hand, I always liked Nick just fine and couldn't see why so many people were so down on him, so I hope he'll get some kind of redemption arc here).

I understand going on BiP to improve your reputation. I don't understand why people go on BiP to build a bad reputation. Is there money or something in it after the show that I don't know about?

Josh did himself no good last night. He just looks like a smarmy, lying jerk. And I'm Team Evan by default because I wasn't anti-Carly before, but now she has the upper hand she just mean and bitchy for no reason. Show some kindness, people! And drunken Lace with those ridiculous eyelashes isn't doing herself any favors either. She's beautiful, but such a mess. 

I think Leah's a lot prettier than Amanda and Amanda seems to have little personality so I don't understand why she's supposed to be a catch here.  Nor do I understand why one date with Nick is supposed to mean he chooses you for the next one, too. Isn't this about meeting people?  Then again, this is probably all "coached drama". anyway, with producers asking them to fake rivalries and relationships (and heartbreak) all along.

• Love 6

And I thought I couldn't hate Andi more. What a passive-aggressive, backhanded way of doing things. First off, who does she think she is fooling? That attempt to conceal identities is pathetic because a) we already know who the guys are and what went down, and b) it was clearly done for her benefit, as a lame attempt for Andi to show she has "class" and won't name names. Ugh!

Actually I really think it was done to protect her from any legal repercussions, so she can say she never said their names.

• Love 2

Leah is desperate and Single White Female towards other women.  She's scary, only focuses on other people.  And now the surgeries - definitely lip collagen and who knows what else.  All the makeup.  I mean, should I go on?  LOL sorry.  She makes me uncomfortable so no I don't find her attractive.

Nick is beautiful.  (Jubilee too, but, farewell, dear!)

Ashley I. almost convinced me that Jared was hot but this season he's just standing around silently so eh I'm really not into it.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, kazza said:

Lace needs subtitles half the time. And agree with the poster above about the extensions and eyelashes.

She was having a major creeping eyelashes syndrome at one point tonight, those things were growing a life of their own!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

Evan is just...too pathetic for words. His mannerisms make me ill...talking in a baby voice, "will you go out with me," "yeeee" with a little hop when Carly says yes. Vomit

Then when he smiles, he sometimes squeezes his eyes shut like Poppin' Fresh.  Somewhere, sometime, some person told him he was sweet and we all have to suffer.  The same thing must have happened with Amanda and her baby voice.  They may have more in common than we think.

• Love 6

I still don't get why the twins are linked together as a pair. Shouldn't they be trying to find their own dates?  if one gets selected why does the other automatically get to stay,  you'd think they'd want to be individuals.

That is really crazy and doesn't make any sense. That always keeps more girls than guys ???? But considering how stupid this show is, it probably makes sense. I'm ready for both of them to leave.

How many of these people have been on previous BIP seasons and why are they back?

Has Jarred? He looks familiar. Let's count them Carley, Sarah,...... who else?

Edited by Vinyasa

Last episode, someone here said Jubilee was a "moron" because she said "like" a lot. So, what's the moron count for THIS week's episode? Leah in full-paint makeup at the end ... she looked just like Erica Rose. I was waiting for her to pull out a magic princess wand and tiara. Evan, if you're going to be in this franchise you have to know the players. You never heard about the Andi/Nick/Josh triangle and Nick's love-making proclamation? Shame on you. And shame on Carly. She's been a mean girl on every season, including Chris's. Now she gets to film THs after the fact, to drive home the fact that this show is exploiting Evan. Josh obviously was told Nick was seeing Amanda. But Nick, you should thank Josh for freeing you from that loser. Yeah, she's pretty, but only a trashy person would make out like that in front of everyone. Even Laci/Grant went behind closed doors. Meanwhile, this show stooped to a new low editing doubler crabs in between moaning sounds "supposedly" coming from Laci/Grant's closed door. Nick ... my fav by far and away.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Last episode, someone here said Jubilee was a "moron" because she said "like" a lot. So, what's the moron count for THIS week's episode? Leah in full-paint makeup at the end ... she looked just like Erica Rose. I was waiting for her to pull out a magic princess wand and tiara. Evan, if you're going to be in this franchise you have to know the players. You never heard about the Andi/Nick/Josh triangle and Nick's love-making proclamation? Shame on you. And shame on Carly. She's been a mean girl on every season, including Chris's. Now she gets to film THs after the fact, to drive home the fact that this show is exploiting Evan. Josh obviously was told Nick was seeing Amanda. But Nick, you should thank Josh for freeing you from that loser. Yeah, she's pretty, but only a trashy person would make out like that in front of everyone. Even Laci/Grant went behind closed doors. Meanwhile, this show stooped to a new low editing doubler crabs in between moaning sounds "supposedly" coming from Laci/Grant's closed door. Nick ... my fav by far and away.

Oh that was me!  Amanda is definitely the biggest moron this week.  Her "likes" were so out of control!  I don't know how Nick could even have a conversation with her.  

• Love 6

Not feeling the Nick love. Josh is such a cartoony OTT shouting villain it's hard to take him seriously. I think Nick needs to grow his hair out and dye it blonde so that the blonde gossip triplets could be a blonde gossip quad. He's just one of the girls, except with a chipmunk face.

When Leah came on, I didn't recognize her.  Then, for the rose ceremony, she went from hair down and pink lips to hair pulled back and bright red lips, and I didn't recognize her as the same Leah that she was in the first hour.    There was a scene with a whole bunch of blondes all at once, and I couldn't tell who was who -  it's like before the show, someone sent them all the same shade of Clairol to prepare for the show.  and speaking of blondes, the twins aren't nearly as cute as they think they are. 

Jared is cute until you realize that he is devoid of a personality.  There's nothing THERE.   Grant is an idiot for pursuing Lace after she pretty much dumped him for Chad.  She may be cute and exciting, but she'll break your heart, Grant!  Run!  We also got a lot of video of her drinking.  I don't know if she really drinks that much more than anyone else, but that is the story they are telling. 

I like Nick, I always have.  He's the most interesting of the guys, as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 4

What she wrote about Nick (in bed--his asking something like if she wanted impersonal sex or loving sex or both--can't quite remember, but she wrote it cruder than that) was such a betrayal.

The funny is I did not see how this made Nick look bad and if anything made his comment to her at the ATFR even more understandable, imo. Because basically all that showed is that right up until the actual sex, he was still trying to be clear with her and understand what it really was - i.e. just a roll in the hay or something more serious. So honestly, all she did was validate his comment to her.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, backformore said:

We also got a lot of video of her drinking.  I don't know if she really drinks that much more than anyone else, but that is the story they are telling. 

She was stone cold sober after Chad passed out.  I think this her story line.  

Amanda, it wasn't good idea to kiss Josh in front of Nick, but Nick, don't be upset, Amanda and Josh are so similar, they both don't care about people's feelings. She obviously isn't your person to the rest of your life with.

Edited by Knevz
  • Love 6

The quote of the night from Daniel was when he said that the twins were not as bad as talking to a brick wall....maybe more like a leather couch! I was laughing my ass off and even had to rewind it to chuckle again. He is hilarious! Off the wall at times, but hilarious.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, backformore said:

We also got a lot of video of her drinking.  I don't know if she really drinks that much more than anyone else, but that is the story they are telling. 

They did show her doing shots by herself which I think is always a red drinking problem flag.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I think the "one twin stays the other one does too" was added exactly so that people would *talk about it* and argue about whether it's fair; both on the show and we the audience.

You know, they did this last season too with Ashley I and her sister Lauren - they said upfront that if Ashley got a rose, Lauren got to stay, and vice versa.  But since Lauren quit in the second episode, we really only got to see one "date" play out; Jared gave his rose to Ashley in the first episode, the sisters both got to stay, and then when Lauren didn't get asked out by the guy she liked, she just left.    

• Love 2

the twin thing is weird because, with Ashley I at least her sister wasn't technically part of the whole mess, so she was willing to tag along any way she could. With the twins, what if a guy wanted to give the other twin (who is staying because her sister already got a rose)? Can he? Is anyone going to bother asking Other Twin out since they know she's going to stay if Jared gives his rose to Other Other Twin? Do they not have any value if they don't come in a pair, like shoes? I get it's a gimic but it is one that just doesn't make sense.

• Love 3

I could care less about the twin thing, and who gets to stay and who doesn't. As someone else pointed out, it's just for water cooler talk and to keep BIP in the spotlight on talk shows and where ever. Because, I mean really, do rules/no rules on this show REALLY mean anything? It's just summer eye candy. Hey PoopChute: New drinking game ... down one when anyone says "like" out of context. That will prevent all of us from seeing more than the first 10 minutes of the next episode. Go TeamNick!

• Love 2

So Josh is just on the show to ruin Nick's vacation, right?  Josh went around to all the ladies to find out who Nick liked and chose that girl.  There's no way this guy is interested in this girl with kids, he needs the attention for himself.

i truly felt sorry for Carly, she's the "nice" girl paired with the "nice" guy.  I'm sure we've all been there when we've been asked out by someone you don't mind hanging out with but aren't physically attracted to.  I don't blame Carly for being honest and maybe Evan will up his game as a result.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

The funny is I did not see how this made Nick look bad and if anything made his comment to her at the ATFR even more understandable, imo. Because basically all that showed is that right up until the actual sex, he was still trying to be clear with her and understand what it really was - i.e. just a roll in the hay or something more serious. So honestly, all she did was validate his comment to her.

I agree, it may seem a little odd but at the very least he's a man and yet he was concerned about what she wanted in bed. That's sort of rare.

Andi showed her kiss and tell tendencies from the moment she told the world about how unsatisfactory Juan Pablo was in their Fantasy Suite date.  There were a dozen ways she could have indicated a lack of compatibility there without detailing all the things he said and did that she didn't like.  That was supposed to be their off camera, alone time.

• Love 4

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to enjoy Daniel as much as I do but man does he make me laugh. His conversation with Leah produced legitimate laugh out loud moments. The guys in particular who hang out with him seem to enjoy his company and think he's a genuinely good guy, albeit a bit weird. I do like that he's shown more appreciation for the value of conversation he can have with the women but his standards are so incredibly high, that it just makes it that much harder if you put substance and supermodel beauty on an equal platform. I don't think Daniel has met any woman yet with what he sees as potential (including Jojo) and it makes me wonder if he would actually seem like he's trying if he was genuinely interested in a woman. He just looks like he's there to hang out on a free vacation (not that I blame him really). 

Leah is very insecure. Her commentary while Amanda was getting ready was super awkward. It was interesting to see her show awareness of Daniel's awkwardness but completely dismisses the crazy that she gives off when she enters a room. She also lacks the awareness to realize that as rejected as she felt, she had no problem in faking interest in Daniel for the sake of a rose and to feel so proud and confident in herself when she thought she successfully pulled it off. 

Edit: Just finished the rest of the episode. I can tell right off the bat that there's truth to Andi's claims about Josh's personality. I think his main motivation was to come on the show and do some damage control but do so in a scenario where he's not going to come across as so defensive. Coming on this show allows him to address the accusations as secondary to his main purpose of finding love. Bullshit. He also took every opportunity to act or comment in a manner that was intended to stick it to Josh. I think his only interest in Amanda is due to Nick being interested in her. He's bitter about it being public knowledge that Nick and Andi slept together and that Andi lied about it. He wants to humiliate Nick the way he felt humiliated by Nicki's relationship with Andi (though they were on a dating show and it was par for the course that Andi would be intimate in varying degrees with several other men). I see 'dog' written all over Josh. Amanda showed her true colours as well. All that talk about being so upset if Nick chooses Leah at the ceremony yet one night later and you're kissing another guy right in front of him (while the other guys immediately turns his attention to Nick with a smirk on his face). I never watched Andi's season and I didn't watch the entirety of Katelyn's season but I did hear many regard Nick as the villain but it's hard to see him as anything but the protagonist here. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 8

As an (ashamed?) viewer every single time Amanda is on I see Tamra from Real Housewives of OC. They are like twins to me in my head. 

Ive always kind of loved Nick too  

And thought Josh sucked but when I saw the girls reactions last night realized he must have a Bill Clinton type persona. Where from what I've read you've either left feeling horny or just unsure why you did. It happens. That asshat may have the charm.  

• Love 1

My dream would be for Andi to arrive in paradise and put a crimp in Josh's style--doesn't she deserve to find love too?  And then for Chad to show up on the after show to connect with Leah!  Well, a girl can dream!

• Love 2

I hate Carly, what a bi-ch! She´s not pretty, she´s not smart, she´s sad. Why did Evan (who´s also not anything great) give her a rose? I can´t stand Sad-Sara but compared to Carly I can take her being there. Especially since she´s with creepy, weird Daniel. That kiss looked really awful but Carly should be thankful that anything human-like is this happy to lock lips with her. This will be karma coming to bite her some day... Please, "bachelors" send her home!

I´ll miss Jubilee (and Chad).

Josh is coming across as idiotic yet extremely handsome, of course no-brain Amanda is putty in his hands. I think Grant is super-handsome and not too dumb, I´m so sad he´s stuck with Lace. But I guess this show doesn´t have that much to offer personality-wise, but he should have tried to talk to Jubilee.

• Love 2

On the other hand, I always liked Nick just fine and couldn't see why so many people were so down on him, so I hope he'll get some kind of redemption arc here

Basically it was that Nick kind of slut-shamed Andi.  He did what no F2's or F3's had ever done on this franchise.  He asked why Andi had sex with him in the FS if she was going to pick Josh.  I'm sure plenty of other contestants "wanted" that question answered before too but had a little more class than to do that on After the Final Rose in front of the new fiancée and family and the world. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

the twin thing is weird because, with Ashley I at least her sister wasn't technically part of the whole mess, so she was willing to tag along any way she could. With the twins, what if a guy wanted to give the other twin (who is staying because her sister already got a rose)? Can he? Is anyone going to bother asking Other Twin out since they know she's going to stay if Jared gives his rose to Other Other Twin? Do they not have any value if they don't come in a pair, like shoes? I get it's a gimic but it is one that just doesn't make sense.

I don't think it makes sense either especially since they're allegedly a hot commodity. Why would one HAVE to piggyback off the other? And I think if one of them wasn't chosen in the previous round that twin doesn't get to pick a guy in the next round (or they have to choose as a pair).

6 hours ago, kazza said:

Lace needs subtitles half the time. And agree with the poster above about the extensions and eyelashes. She's an absolutely stunning woman already - less is more!

She reminds me of Don Draper's 2nd wife - or 3rd if you count the real Don Draper's wife. The French chick. With the right styling and makeup she could be quite stunning.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

That may be what some people took away, but Andi made it clear she wrote it to show Nick was just being a jerk  and he  killed the mood for her (such as it was.)  I thought he deserved better than Andi or Kaitlyn (blech) but I guess that's his taste. If so, I can't see him finding anything interesting about Amanda.  Andi and Kaitlyn, much as I found them unappealing, at least had strong personalities. If that's what he likes (plus, of course, good looks) I don't see why he wouldn't be perfectly happy for Josh to hook up with Amanda--or anyone else there at present. Has there ever been a dimmer group?

• Love 4

Josh is beyond repulsive.  He seems super-aggressive in everything he does, down to his body movements and the cadence of his voice.  Scumbag.

I think Jared is just hanging out waiting for the right lady.  Maybe he'll blossom this season.  I think it's cool that he hangs back and lets the women with crushes on him just fade away.  At least he's not pretending to be interested to get a rose. 

I've always loved Nick.  He can do way better than the ninnies on this show.  None of the women seem to have any cultural interests or intelligence, while he seems to have some sophistication.  Maybe he's trapped on the Bachelor-Go-Round and can't get off.

All the women are dull as dirt so far.  At least Carly makes me laugh--and she finally got her eyebrows perfect!  She was mean to talk about E vans behind his back, but we know the producers ask a lot of leading questions, so . . .

• Love 6

Bright side, they let The Chad take some coldcuts for the road. Dark side, they also gave him a bottle of alcohol. 

Leah is absolutely unrecognizable. My daughter looked up her "before" picture, and I can't remotely identify the original parts. That's tragic that someone would completely remake themselves with plastic surgery like that. Aw, if only The Chad were still here, The New Leah would be perfect for him! Odd, that she knows that he SHOULD be there to ask out; I thought it was all supposed to be a "surprise" as to who's in Paradise. But they let it out of the bag that these "coincidental" love steals are entirely planned. I mean, obviously, we knew that, but they confirmed it.

Grant seems way too level-headed for this show, let alone to be interested in Lace. Maybe he's codependent and likes to help the crazies.

Wow! This was a roller coaster of love and heartbreak! Leah loves Chad, but there's no Chad. Then Leah loves Nick and then MAJOR heartbreak when Nick now loves Amanda! But, just when you thought they were an It couple, Amanda drops him like it's hot for Josh. And Nick is fuming as Josh rubs it in his face that he got the girl yet again! Vinny from Izzy to Sarah and then back to Izzy! Lace from Grant to Chad back to Grant (now with night-vision action)! Carly back and forth with Evan (even though he's oblivious to it). All of the random single girls in love with Daniel's rose; me in love with his crazy metaphors. No wonder why he and Chad got along so well; those two are the true soul mates of Bachelor Family.

Carly is so cruel to Evan in these talking heads. She's saying he has all of these good qualities except for the lack of spark. But don't you remember how your IMMEDIATE spark with Kurt worked out for you last year, Carly? Maybe talking it slow with a nice guy would be a good step for you since you've now resorted to three TV dating shows and haven't found anyone yet. Plus, you and Evan are the same level of unattractiveness and annoying, so you're a good match. 

For the "second time [you] look pathetic," Nick?! No, you look pathetic for the THIRD time! Actually, he's not bothering me as much as he did his first two appearances, and Josh is coming off worse rubbing it in. Maybe he's NOT actually kissing Amanda with his eyes open staring at Nick to make sure he's watching, but it sure looks like he is.

Public service announcement for those who avoid the spoilers: OMG, read the spoilers! This show has a completely new dimension of Wrong Reasons awesomeness if you know who ends up with whom as compared to how they're currently interacting with each other!

Edited by OnceSane
Added spoiler tags
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Public service announcement for those who avoid the spoilers: OMG, read the spoilers! This show has a completely new dimension of Wrong Reasons awesomeness if you know who ends up with whom as compared to how they're currently interacting with each other!

I thoroughly enjoy watching this show 100% spoiled. It's like watching The Sixth Sense after you know the twist and trying to see where all the clues are hidden. lol Plus, since I don't give a crap about any of these people or their "love" lives, I don't care if I know how it ends. I'm here for the comedy gold.

Edited by OnceSane
Added spoiler tags
  • Love 5

That may be what some people took away, but Andi made it clear she wrote it to show Nick was just being a jerk  and he  killed the mood for her (such as it was.) 

I know that's how she took it but my point is, in typical lack of self-awareness Andi fashion, I thought it actually just validated Nick's comment and feelings towards her at the ATFR because I saw it as someone who was trying to be clear with where things stood between them.

And it also supported what Nick said after the ATFR drama. He did state that he had told Andi that he knew she couldn't tell him how she felt, as in saying she loved him, so all he had to go on were her actions and other cues. He also said he made it clear that he did not go into the FS with her thinking sex was a guarantee. So when someone says that, then Andi later writes that during the act he asked her again if she wanted to make love or fuck, then yeah, I see that as someone looking for clarification on what exactly was happening between them. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 11

Just read the excerpts from Andi's book (dear lord, that woman is crass and abrasive in print - I've never seen her on TV). From what she wrote, I don't think that Josh is on BiP to beat Nick out for the same woman again. I think he's out for revenge because he believes Nick humiliated him by sleeping with his fiancee and then talking about it on TV.

Either way, Josh's behavior would be unbecoming for a 19-year-old frat boy, never mind a grown man of 31. Trying to revenge-screw a dimwitted young mother of two because your nemesis went on one date with her? Wow.

• Love 11

From what she wrote, I don't think that Josh is on BiP to beat Nick out for the same woman again. I think he's out for revenge because he believes Nick humiliated him by sleeping with his fiancee and then talking about it on TV.

Well I imagine the two are intertwined - he's still bitter that Nick slept with his fiancé days before she slept with him and so he came on the show wanting to go after and "win" the woman Nick was interested to prove some big point that he's "the man".

• Love 4