Type keyword(s) to search

Cycling: Totally Dope Rides

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:43 PM, Superpole2000 said:

In theory, I could love velodrome cycling...especially the head to head sprints. But I feel like they could be hyped and organized much better. I watched an hour of coverage this week, and sometimes there would be one on one races, sometimes team events, sometimes six riders at a time, sometimes more than a dozen riders, sometimes some omnium stuff...it was all very confusing. Either there are too many events, or they need to keep them separated better. They just seem to randomly rotate between them.

Also, they should show a bracket with the cyclist matchups. Show us the seedings. Show us where each cyclist ranks in the world so we know who the favourites are. Give us the context needed to appreciate the competition. I want to love you, velodrome cycling, but I have to know what the hell I'm watching!

Velodrome racing is the best in person.

The coverage sucked peni, they'd drop you in the middle of a race and you'd have to figure out what is what.

If you do get a chance to attend a day/evening of racing, you will get hooked.

• Love 3

That was an amazing performance from Catherine Pendrel in mountain biking.  If she hadn't had the bumping issue at the start, she might even have contended for first.  And with that, she wins Canada's 22nd medal of the Games, tying its best result in Atlanta.

I feel bad for Neff, who just flamed out.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 4
On 2016-08-19 at 6:18 AM, katisha said:

As there is no specific thread I will post this here: that BMX track looks like about the most fun thing at these Olympics!

I agree, it really does look like fun. Whereas the mountain biking looks like just pure hard work.

• Love 2