Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Kindred Spirits

On 8/12/2016 at 2:38 PM, blackwing said:

And "Kindred Spirits" suggests that Garrett and Jack are both psychopaths.

I took it as Jack finding a kindred spirit in Sadie.  They were the two in the painting setting.  But Garrett and Jack would make sense too.  Except...

I put zero stock in serial killer gear in Garrett's cabin.  They've been tossing in phony, meaningless, "scary" stuff all over the place with him.  He cuts his hair with a knife!  He eats squirrels!  He lured Christina to the woods then wielded a knife on the frat boys!  He extorted money from Maddie... twice!  He threatened Mitch!  He hardly blinks an eye at Jack's mini-killer act!  

It just all seems like a giant ineffectual bluster of red herringness to me.  

On 2016-08-11 at 3:10 PM, ghoulina said:

I'm just wondering what world we're living in where this camp for future serial killers can't be bothered to watch the kids but then freaks out over a little army knife.

Maybe the camp kicked him out for not bringing his budding serial killer A-game?

"You call that a knife? This is very disappointing, Jack. It's seems you're just not Camp Wannahackalot material after all."

• Love 1
On 8/10/2016 at 9:52 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

And curiously, she's the only one in the entire show who has an accent.  Go figure.  Maybe it's supposed to show her inner city roots? Oh well, I loved her in The Wire, so maybe she figured that since the writing and the plot kinda sucks, she'd do something outlandish just to keep it amusing for her own sanity.

Colantoni is doing a thinly veiled attempt at an accent.