Type keyword(s) to search

The Alienist In The Media

53 minutes ago, Reality police said:

I love all, but mostly the egg cream one!

Thank you! The egg cream one is my fav too. :) I wanted it to say John & Joseph's Famous Egg Creams, but the button is so tiny, I didn't have room. I was also thinking of making some that said "Cholera is a disease!" and "Syphillis!" but wasn't sure if I really wanted a magnet saying that. lol

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 2

Emmy nominations:

Outstanding Limited Series
Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Period Or Fantasy Program (One Hour Or More) - The Boy on the Bridge
Outstanding Cinematography For A Limited Series Or Movie - The Boy on the Bridge
Outstanding Period Costumes - A Fruitful Partnership
Outstanding Main Title Design
Outstanding Special Visual Effects In A Supporting Role - The Boy on the Bridge

• Love 2

Yeaaa! I was really happy when I found out yesterday. I'm a little surprised they changed the name of the show. I wonder if it'll be more like The Alienist: Angel of Darkness. Changing names just confuses people and isn't good for marketing. I haven't read any of the books, but I know Angel takes place quite a few years later after the first book. I'm guessing they'll change that.

• Love 1

Ugh, don't think I can stand to watch.  I found Angel to be too dark as a book.  I hated the way John was portrayed and was thoroughly disgusted with the antagonist and how long they got away with their crimes.

On 8/17/2018 at 3:12 PM, pezgirl7 said:

Yeaaa! I was really happy when I found out yesterday. I'm a little surprised they changed the name of the show. I wonder if it'll be more like The Alienist: Angel of Darkness. Changing names just confuses people and isn't good for marketing. I haven't read any of the books, but I know Angel takes place quite a few years later after the first book. I'm guessing they'll change that.

Yeah, I suspect that's how it will be marketed, The Alienest: Angel of Darkness.

Very cool to hear we'll get another limited run. I enjoyed the first and look forward to seeing the characters again. 

I forgot all about this show until today - ads for the new season were shown during the premiere of Snowpiercer.  No firm date just, "coming soon" under the title.  I liked this show, the ad looked intriguing, so I'm now excited for its return.  

Here are some new stills from the show, along with character bios. I think it's odd that there isn't one of John's fiancé, Violet. Maybe all we need to know of her is what is written in John's bio. She also apparently has a cute little dog.

• Love 1

I couldn't find a better topic under which to post this but, FYI, if you are looking for The Alienist: Angel of Darkness on IMDB the listing under that name doesn't have the episode guide or cast listing. Those would be found under the The Alienist entry under Season 2.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

Is there any talk of a s3? Does anyone know?

Only what some of the actors have said. Both Dakota and Luke have been asked about it. They both basically said, nothing is planned at the time, and it's difficult to get all three actors together for such an extended period of time because of their busy schedules, but they all love working together and would be happy to come back, so never say never. I'm not expecting a season 3, but if there is going to be one, we probably wouldn't see it for many years.

• Love 1

Plot outlines for remaining episodes [5-8]: Zap2It

Belly of the Beast

After a Lying-In Hospital employee is murdered, the team is hot on the heels of the killer; Sara enlists the help of Joanna to tail their prime suspect; the gang finds that not even Sara's office is out of the killer's reach.

Memento Mori

Sara and Moore search for new information about their suspect; Kreizler faces ruin after a tragic incident at the Institute; Sara and the team must work with their adversary, former Commissioner Thomas Byrnes, to rescue another missing child.

Last Exit to Brooklyn

Sara, Kreizler and Moore travel to Brooklyn in search of clues hidden in the killer's dark past; Thomas Byrnes plans to double-cross the team as the killer's behavior becomes more and more unhinged.

Better Angels

While Sara Moore and Kreizler struggle with decisions about their future paths, New York is in the grips of an all-out manhunt for the killer; the team must overcome the wrath of the police and an underworld gang to save innocent lives.

Daniel Brühl's Baron Zemo dancing in episode 3 of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

EW interview: Daniel Brühl discusses becoming a meme

"It's so hysterical. [That moment] was improvised when I saw the crowd dancing, going loco. I felt the beat and was like, Zemo has been sitting in a dodgy German prison cell for years. So, he needs to let off some steam and show his moves. Let's go for it! I enjoyed so much the reaction of Anthony and Sebastian looking at me. Still, I was 100 percent sure that they would cut it out [of the show]. I was really surprised and happy that they kept it. It was a long dance. There's more to it, but they cut this little moment. I didn't know what was happening, but I then received all these messages from my friends cracking up. My friends who know me well know I'm an embarrassing, passionate dancer on the floor but it would be different moves. It would be the Spanish side of me kicking in and doing some matador, flamenco moves, going down on my knees. Highly embarrassing for my friends."

• Love 4