Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Original G'A'ngsters

So can we assume that Noel didn't write the message on the car this time? It would be pretty dumb if he just used the same modus operandi as before, but dumb has never stopped these geniuses before. Also, so not here for the Aria is a Secret Targaryen nonsense that's sure to come up. I guess it could also be Nicole or Noel, but Jason never had a romance with Noel or Nicole.

I seem to remember a hard cut to Aria at dinner after they realized that Mary had another kid, but I might be remembering it wrong.

In any case, I'd have suggested Yvonne if she didn't look exactly like Rick Fox, but maybe Rick Fox will show up playing himself as one of Mary's "former lovers." All it would take is one away game or some time on the lam in LA...

Also, given that this constitutes pondering the plot and theorizing, it's officially not worth the effort.

Maybe he came early so he could get that court order?

Ooh, that would make sense AND make him sneaky. I love that he made sure to get that court order before he went home so he could throw Mary out right away. Finally someone in Rosewood has priorities that make sense!

I seem to remember a hard cut to Aria at dinner after they realized that Mary had another kid, but I might be remembering it wrong.

Maybe they cut to Aria and Ezra packing? They definitely didn't cut to Aria at Awkward Dinner because Ali was at that dinner earlier in the evening (which is when Mary mentioned Jessica locking herself in the cellar until Mary went away, which is why the girls went to investigate) and then Ali was snooping in the cellar with Spencer, Hanna, and Emily when Emily found the file that said Mary had a second child.

I'm so tired of all the secret children. There are daytime soap operas with less secret children than PLL. If this revelation had happened a few seasons ago, I would guess that Bethany was the secret child since Jessica visited her at Radley and bought her a horse, but at this point I feel like Marlene wants to make things more "shocking" (aka convoluted) so it will probably end up being Mona or Ali (or at the very least, someone who is still alive on the show).

• Love 2

I'm not sure I see Aria as the Mary Baby. This assumes that all this time Ella and Bryon either didn't know they have someone else's kid or did something shady to get a kid and I always kind of assumed Aria was an "oops, guess we're stuck together now that we have a kid" kind of baby rather than "oh, we want a baby so bad let's take someone else's".

Right now my money is on Noel Khan since they made a point of not knowing if it was a boy or a girl. Nicole is second choice, though she wouldn't be A or AD or any of that shit, just some random baby that popped up. The only one of the Liars I could see it being is Spencer because hers are the only parents I see as shady enough to take someone else's kid and never tell.

My best bet for the most recent Mystery Baby is Noel Kahn, possibly just my wishful thinking, because I so desperately want to see his beautiful face on my screen more and more. He remains my favorite PLL villain, just the perfect combination hammy evil and competent evil, in such a very lovely package. I will take Noel Kahn over any of the annoying smirky villains we get every season.  

I just roll my eyes at Aria and Ezra and their stupid elopement (which is TOTALLY gonna happen guys! TOTALLY!). Aria so clearly wants a wedding with her family and friends, even saying that they would all be her bridesmaids, but she just rolls over for whatever crap Ezra wants. And his girlfriend who disappeared under mysterious circumstances in a vaguely defined South American country (did she decide to stick around to watch the Olympics in Rio?) and probably made an equally mysertious phone call a few days ago is still alive? Insert your own dundunDUN sound effect here. That could be the least surprising plot twist in the history of PLL plot twists. 

The scene with Emily and Mrs. Fields was cute, and I am glad we got to check in with Mrs. Fields. And she made friends! Way to go Mrs. Fields! Emily ended up having the best parents by far. Still sad about Mr. Fields. Of course the one decent father on this show dies off screen. 

Jason! Never leave us again Jason! Maybe he wasn't perfect, but at least he seems to mean well. Better than Evil Twin Aunt. Actually, Mrs. D was pretty bad too...who even is the Evil Twin in this most recent Evil Twin scenario?  

I also thought Spencer giving all the girls necklaces was sweet. More girl bonding please!

Lord, Jenna has some nerve. She forced poor Toby to sleep with her, blackmailed him, and then when he kindly tries to be nice to his step sister, she tries to hook up with him. Gross! Thank god he told her to hit the bricks. He is already way more forgiving than I would be. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, DigitalCount said:

Jason never had a romance with Noel

That we know of!  #Nason4Ever

57 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I just roll my eyes at Aria and Ezra and their stupid elopement (which is TOTALLY gonna happen guys! TOTALLY!). Aria so clearly wants a wedding with her family and friends, even saying that they would all be her bridesmaids, but she just rolls over for whatever crap Ezra wants.

Yet another sign of their toxic abusive relationship and how he manipulates her like a marionette.  It'll completely go over the heads of the Tumblr Tweens though.  "Oh, elope to Italy!  That sounds soooo romantic.  Ezra's the bestest fiancé ever!"

• Love 6

But more importantly, how did she get a dress so quickly after getting engaged? 

Rosewood perhaps has a David's Bridal. LOL I'm sure she has enough money for a dress, the girls eat and drink out all the time plus the book deal probably upped her pay. Plus Ezra is beyond wealthy, so he could have gave the credit card for shopping.  

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Rosewood perhaps has a David's Bridal. LOL I'm sure she has enough money for a dress, the girls eat and drink out all the time plus the book deal probably upped her pay. Plus Ezra is beyond wealthy, so he could have gave the credit card for shopping.  

Lol. It didn't even occur to me that the groom might have paid for it. Also, I'll allow that Aria is the perfect size -2 and probably didn't need a fitting. I'm really just annoyed at the timeline this season that doesn't allow for Jason's return to help his sister but does allow for extensive wedding planning and book writing.

• Love 1

Wait, I thought Hannah was sneaking in Jenna's room and when she found the locked box under the bed, Caleb hatched the plan to get the key. Otherwise it makes no sense?

This episode almost put me to sleep. Alison's sudden fondness for Mary makes no sense. In fact nothing about Mary makes any sense, it's just the writers liking an actress and deciding to keep her through absurdly contrived "plot twists". She has another secret child? Colour me stunned. Not.

Spencer trying to convince Toby to leave instead of herself leaving Rosewood is just bizarre. Did I get this right - that Jessica was "in charge" of Mary's case at Radley?! Conflict of interest much?

I "love" the logical leaps that time after time lead to the protagonists finding more conveniently easy to find, yet cryptic clues. "Oh, Aunt Carol had a storm cellar? Well, no doubt it's full of clues that Jessica gathered because reasons." Alison of old would have searched all the Di Laurentis houses long ago for clues for, you know, her mother's unresolved murder. Hell, even the Rosewood PD should have found this conveniently placed "lair".

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, kat165 said:

What does the episode title refer to?

There was a movie called Original Gangstas so it's probably a play on that, plus they're a gang, plus they're full of angst. It worked on many levels. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I also thought Spencer giving all the girls necklaces was sweet. More girl bonding please!

It reminded me of when Ali gave the girls those bracelet before she disappeared, but of course Spencer has to go more upscale! But seriously, they reminded me of the nameplate necklaces that were all the rage thanks to Carrie on Sex and the City (holy crap, I just realized that was almost twenty years ago so I guess now they're considered vintage/old school so they're cool again). It made me think that someone's necklace will end up either being evidence that they were at a crime scene or used as a proof of life/clue when one of them inevitably is kidnapped by AD.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

And my guess for the next to be kidnapped or tortured is...... Emily? Hanna's already off the list, Ali was made crazy by her own family, taking Aria is laughable and I assume with Spencer and her personal turmoil they might skip over her but who knows at this point. 

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It made me think that someone's necklace will end up either being evidence that they were at a crime scene or used as a proof of life/clue when one of them inevitably is kidnapped by AD.

Makes me think that if Spencer had half the brain she's supposed to have she would have gotten techie Caleb to plant some kind of tracking device in them so that when one of the girls is inevitably kidnapped/buried alive/off alone in the dark in the woods with no flashlight tracking a killer they could find and save her.

• Love 2

this show has so many ridiculous storylines and secret children involved, it's really hard to keep up.... How does rosewood have all of the most evil murderers combined throughout the world living in that one community? seriously, why do ANY  of them still live there let alone the rest of the people in town knowing there's a murder every 5 min?

I have a theory that Rosewood is really some kind of experimental, progressive prison camp. The Liar's parents are all "wardens" and they never could tell their children what was going on for fear the experiment would be uncovered and shut down by the government, or people with any sense. So they all conspire together to keep the girls from finding out the truth while their murderous, insane inmates have a ball screwing with them.

What I can't figure out is why the girls would have come back after getting out, but then, the actual show writers haven't bothered with that either so I'm not too concerned.

I mean really, didn't they all have lives? Hanna and Spencer quit their jobs to stay in Rosewood why? Emily, okay, she apparently had no life so whatever. And of course Aria gets off easiest and actually gets promoted. But still, what was the point of the time jump if they are all back where they were, dating the same freaking people they were dating in high school, acting the same stupid way they were in high school? Really show, just have them be teenagers who drink a lot and screw around like every other high school show on TV. What was the point?

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Makes me think that if Spencer had half the brain she's supposed to have she would have gotten techie Caleb to plant some kind of tracking device in them so that when one of the girls is inevitably kidnapped/buried alive/off alone in the dark in the woods with no flashlight tracking a killer they could find and save her.

Spockcer:  Caleb, calibrate your sensors to this formula.  The necklace that Ali is wearing contains a mineral that emits a specific radiation profile.

Aria:  You gave us radioactive jewelry?

Spockcer:  The radiation is harmless to humanoids; however, its unique signature will allow us to pinpoint Ali's location.

Emily:  So you gave us tracking devices?

Spockcer: ... That was not my intention.  [back to Spencer voice] Wait, that was totally my intention.  You know how many times we go missing in a week?

Hanna:  Bitch chipped us!

5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I have a theory that Rosewood is really some kind of experimental, progressive prison camp.

They're trying to produce Divergents.  Makes about as much sense as that movie series.

Edited by mac123x
  • Love 6