Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Original G'A'ngsters

Jason returns to town to stop Ali from getting too close to Mary. The girls learn something new about Mary and Mrs. DiLaurentis that leads them to a storm cellar full of clues. Ezra gets a call about someone in his past that could change his course. Noel Kahn grows more and more suspicious and rises to the top of the list of suspects for Uber A.

Promo:

The girls learn something new about Mary and Mrs. DiLaurentis that leads them to a storm cellar full of clues.

Should we start placing bets about who gets trapped in the cellar ?  Because the PLLs are just that stupid and have learned nothing from their high school years.

• Love 1

So, then, Nicole already? I guess it is the end of the half-season, though. I just figured they'd leave enough time for A.D. to fuck with Ezria before Nicole came back from the dead to fuck with Ezria. At least they're getting to it, I guess. So is Nicole A.D. then, or is she working some scam of her own?

Nicole is obviously the real daughter of Mary Drake. Clearly evil Jessica switched the babies because she knew that years later her family history would be so convoluted that no one would even question it anymore. Charlotte found out and tried to kill Nicole before Nicole learned the truth and come back looking for her share of the family fortune. Unfortunately for Charlotte, Nicole was found by a vacationing creepy Ravenswood lady (I Forget her name, she pulled Ali out of the grave though) and was brought back to health and told the truth.

She came back to Rosewood, killed Charlotte and is tormenting the Liars because she read on tripadvisor that that is one of the top things to do while in Rosewood.

She's gone easy on Aria because she thought Fitz was still using Aria to write his book and she wanted her man to be a success. Man is Aria going to be in for it when Nicole realizes the Ali book is a no-go and he's now using her story to get in his former teenage girlfriends pants now.

And because this is how things work in Rosewood, Nicole was bunkmates with Jenna back when they went to summer camp together and now they are bonded in a way that is impossible to understand (maybe Jenna is in love with Nicole) which has made it easy for Nicole to enlist Jenna's help in tormenting the Liars because, again, what else is there to do in that sleepy little town?

• Love 6

Unfortunately for Charlotte, Nicole was found by a vacationing creepy Ravenswood lady (I Forget her name, she pulled Ali out of the grave though) and was brought back to health and told the truth.

The Grunwald, iirc.

I think the parents aren't so much missing due to budget cuts as stuck in a cellar somewhere. (That's my head canon and I'm sticking to it.) Wouldn't it be nice if the girls discovered them this ep? At this point, I'd honestly prefer hanging out with the moms (especially if it involved drinking copious quantities of wine to ... well... cope) to what has become of the Liars: sad shadows of their former glorious selves. Except Aria. She's pretty much unchanged. (That's not exactly a good thing, though.)

Edited by krimimimi
the quote just vanished :-(
  • Love 3

Except Aria. She's pretty much unchanged. (That's not exactly a good thing, though

I never thought about that much before, but it's true.  I quite warmed to her when she told her story about screaming on the dark train and told the judge that Charlotte shouldn't be released. I was surprised they bothered to write that scene.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:32 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ezra gets a call about someone in his past that could change his course

21 hours ago, Lii said:

So, then, Nicole already?

That would be pretty quick; I figured the writers would give at least a couple of episodes for Aria and Ezra's relationship to fester.  I mean, to shine. 

I'm guessing the call Ezra gets will be from Interpol or the Columbian federal police, or maybe one of his other Habitat coworkers, saying that they believe Nicole is alive.  Aria will have to confess that she deleted that call, wangsting will ensue, Ezra will pout about how Aria betrayed him, Aria will have to suck up to him to get back in his good graces, etc.  Wedding by 7.10.  None of this having any bearing on the AD plot other than preventing Aria from doing anything useful.

• Love 1

Always happy to see Nia Peeples as Mrs Fields.  She always makes her material shine even when most of the time it's not that much.  Plus she's turned what was one of hardest characters in the books to like into a relatable sympathetic character.

If Noel Kahn is A.D., then Marlene King must want us to root for him instead of the Liars. I mean, seriously, if I have to choose between these dimwits that have been running around learning nothing for the last 7 seasons and that hottie...well may Noel Kahn rule. Bonus points if he offed Shower. 

• Love 3

Good grief, another secret child added to this shitstorm.  I guess we're supposed to think it's Aria.  Hopefully she is also dissociative and is AD.  That's about the only thing that can redeem this incredibly bad storyline.  Aria Drake.

What happened to Toby's fiancee?  Was she assaulted at their trailerhome?  Why is that not a bigger deal?

Nicole is alive because of course she is.  

• Love 1

I felt really bad for Spencer during the scene with Toby. Once again,  great acting by Troian. She was very believable as someone devastated,  but putting on a brave face. I think she's the best actress of the lot. I was almost sure that Toby would tell her he still loved her, but I guess that was not to be. Does anyone know if that was Toby's final scene in the show?

As I said, I  felt really bad for Spencer...until she left her keys in the car and went exploring in a cellar. WTF? I  don't leave my keys in the car and I'm not even being stalked by multiple psychos!

Why is Aria not thinking of her family when she's considering eloping? The whole thing is absurd. No way she would get married without her mother.

Nice to see Emily's mother.  Glad to know one of the parents still exists. 

Doesn't Hanna's mom run the Radley? Where has she been?

Glad to see that Jason finally returned and started to take charge. He's smart not to trust Mary. I hope he and Aria end up together after Ezra is revealed to be AD. 

So who is Mary's second child? My vote is Allison! The child is the same age as the Liars. Allison is really Mary's daughter and was taken by Jessica!

1 hour ago, mac123x said:

Good grief, another secret child added to this shitstorm.  I guess we're supposed to think it's Aria.  Hopefully she is also dissociative and is AD.  That's about the only thing that can redeem this incredibly bad storyline.  Aria Drake.

What happened to Toby's fiancee?  Was she assaulted at their trailerhome?  Why is that not a bigger deal?

I don't think we're necessarily meant to believe it's Aria but it would be kind of hilarious if it was because that would mean Jason hooked up with yet another relative. I was thinking it might be Spencer because Mary said she knew the Hastings and after the DiLaurentis family the Hastings are the shadiest family in Rosewood, but it's probably some random character who's going to serve as a catch all for all the answers to all unanswered questions.

I was thinking the same thing. They said Yvonne was pretty beaten up, so did whoever break in to steak the file assault her in the process? They're awful casual about such violence against an innocent woman. 

1 hour ago, nara said:

I felt really bad for Spencer during the scene with Toby. Once again,  great acting by Troian. She was very believable as someone devastated,  but putting on a brave face. I think she's the best actress of the lot. I was almost sure that Toby would tell her he still loved her, but I guess that was not to be. Does anyone know if that was Toby's final scene in the show?

Man, I hope Spencer can find some happiness soon. All she's done lately is say goodbye to the men she loves as they go off to be with other women. I do hope they don't go back and make Spoby happen again though because them growing apart makes more sense and I like Toby with Yvonne. 

On another note, Alison forgiving all her terrible relatives just because she's desperate for family is both sad and infuriating. Her aunt dressed up like her dead mother's rotting corpse in hopes of driving her insane and now Alison's all like, "but she's family!" Then Ali looks all happy and touched to discover her mother had been searching for her when she was missing despite the fact that her mother buried her alive in an attempt to cover up her potential murder. I mean, come on. I get wanting that sense of family but sometimes you just have to accept that your family sucks and move on. 

It's good to see Jason again. At least he's smart enough to remain skeptical of Mary. Of course he and Aria hooked up during the time jump. Looked like Ali was catching on. Kind of curious to see what her reaction would be. I loved Alison just turning to Aria during dinner and asking what the hell she was doing there. 

Spencer giving the girls necklaces was sweet. I feel like this show wants me to hate Ezra. In an episode where the girls all get together to declare each other family and Aria tells them they'll all be her bridemaids, Ezra tells Aria to just leave her friends behind and elope.

I hope Noel Kahn isn't the one responsible for attacking Alison or Toby's fiancee. He's a fun villain and I love that evil smirk of his but if he's the one violently assaulting women then he won't be so much fun anymore.  

Why didn't one or two of those dummies remain on lookout and stand outside the storm cellar while the others went down to sleuth? They've been locked in enough rooms to know better by now. You don't need 4 people to look around a lair. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 3
On 8/6/2016 at 4:21 PM, Mabinogia said:

Nicole is obviously the real daughter of Mary Drake. Clearly evil Jessica switched the babies because she knew that years later her family history would be so convoluted that no one would even question it anymore. Charlotte found out and tried to kill Nicole before Nicole learned the truth and come back looking for her share of the family fortune. Unfortunately for Charlotte, Nicole was found by a vacationing creepy Ravenswood lady (I Forget her name, she pulled Ali out of the grave though) and was brought back to health and told the truth.

She came back to Rosewood, killed Charlotte and is tormenting the Liars because she read on tripadvisor that that is one of the top things to do while in Rosewood.

She's gone easy on Aria because she thought Fitz was still using Aria to write his book and she wanted her man to be a success. Man is Aria going to be in for it when Nicole realizes the Ali book is a no-go and he's now using her story to get in his former teenage girlfriends pants now.

And because this is how things work in Rosewood, Nicole was bunkmates with Jenna back when they went to summer camp together and now they are bonded in a way that is impossible to understand (maybe Jenna is in love with Nicole) which has made it easy for Nicole to enlist Jenna's help in tormenting the Liars because, again, what else is there to do in that sleepy little town?

Any other show I would be laughing my ass off reading this. For PLL, this is pretty much business as usual. 

• Love 3

I didn't just don't like Caleb anymore.  I felt nothing but annoyance in his scenes with Hanna and I was full on squicked out by him being the stand-in for Jenna's massage.  It's kinda creepy.  

Also creepy, but hotly so is Noel Kahn. However, if that was him burning his own file, boo to the waste of whiskey.  I adore you, but we don't waste alcohol sir. Ashley Marin may well have you tossed from the Radley for that kind of shit.   Speaking of, miss you girl.

It was lovely to see Pam, however.  Happy Birthday and, yay new friends! Enjoy Bookclub!  And take Ashley with you so she can have a reunion with her OTP, Wine... day drinking wine.

Each of the girls have annoyed me from time to time, but I don't think I've ever wanted to smack Emily like I did when she was encouraging Aria to elope.  And from the strain on her face, I feel like maybe Shay hated saying those lines.

Aria and Jason (welcome home!) we're really bringing the chemistry, I thought.  I'm wondering, though, why they went there if it isn't going to be significant.  I mean, I know there's no way.  But it would absolutely be THE BEST if the one pairing they utterly decimated was Ezria and scorched the earth with a real alternative pairing.  DIdn't Jason and Aria have a flirtation in one of the earlier seasons?  Or am I making that up?

Felt bad for Spencer when Toby left because of Torian's acting, but not going to pretend I'm sad Toby left. 

I love the girls when they're being close and working together.  Emily noting to Hanna that cellars are in the ground was sort of classic dynamic stuff.  And Hanna and Spencer sluthing together was fun.

• Love 6

Jason is a beautiful, beautiful man.  That's all I got from this episode. 

I'm going to ride the Mary Drake is Spencer's mother train.  If anybody is the missing kid, it's her. I feel like they've intentionally styled Spencer to look like Mary this season.  There was also that moment where Charles "felt familiar" in a way that CeCe Drake wouldn't if she were just some random girl she knew.  A sibling would feel that way though.

Aside from that, Spencer is batshit crazy enough to be raised Hastings but also be genetically programmed to be DiLaurentis insane.  

Edited by Spencer Hastings

I just realized that I have not posted anything about the actual mystery this half season.  I was marginally curious what was up with Wrollins, but I don't care about what Mary is or is maybe not up to.  I had literally no reaction to Emily discovering Mary had another child.  I don't care who it is or why.  At this point I'm just watching characters with whom I'm familiar interact with one another as they lurch from plot point to plot point and retcon to retcon occasionally noting that I'm pleased to see a characters return, but I cannot necessarily remember why they left or that their statuses were when last seen.

Keeping with that theme, I'm not usually a fan of the long hair and/or scruffy look, but it was seriously working for Jason.  Also, smart enough not to trust his aunt as far as he can throw her is a likewise a good look for him.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2

Nicole's alive. Shocker and right before they left for the wedding. They didn't leave town fast enough, Ezra wanting to leave town was smart. They all should be leaving town and never returning as fast as they could.

Emily had some great lines tonight and liked her trying to help her mom.

Spencer left the keys to a Mercedez in the car? Who does that? You takes the keys with you and lock the door.

Jason looked great and I'm interested to hear about what ever happened with them. I doubt it's anything big.

Why steal Aria's file and burn Noel's? Hmm.

To be fair, sometimes the girls can't leave town because they have to stay as they are wanted for murder but once that goes away, yes they should all get the hell out of town.

JASON! The best. Love the hair. Stay forever. Hey, do you know where your other half-sister Melissa is? Can you bring her and her crazy back? Miss it.

Should I... care about Spoby? I mean, I guess I should but..wasn't like Spencer professing love for Caleb a couple episodes ago? 

Speaking of Caleb.. ugh. Why did they ruin him? He was awesome. The fact that he is so ruined now that I actually somewhat like Toby is this show's stupid fault. I was totally skeeved out by Jenna thinking they could hook up again because he was trying to be nice to her. I actually went, "man, poor Toby" and I'm hoping he gets a happy ending in Maine. He probably won't, but wishful thinking.

Pam! And she has friends. 

Aria and Ezra are still the worst part of this show. 

Wait. There's a mystery happening?

• Love 2

To be fair, sometimes the girls can't leave town because they have to stay as they are wanted for murder but once that goes away, yes they should all get the hell out of town.

If Aria can go to Italy then she's allowed to leave town. 

I'm hoping Toby doesn't look back from his new life in Maine. Stay there! 

Ezra's line asking if Aria killed Sarah Harvey was funny and so true for him to ask too.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it - i never thought i'd get to this point after seasons 5b and 6, but i actually am starting to feel optimistic that the show will actually tie lots of loose ends together and give us some satisfying wrap ups.  Having so many of the originals that were favorite characters of mine back helps so much.  And those files on all the PLLS (and more) in the storm cellar - this feels like such a positive sign that at last the show is incorporating the four girls into all the DiLaurentis drama that's become the focus of the show.  I want some kind of tie-in with the NAT club and all that backstory, but whether or not that comes, i like how Jessica (or Mary) was doing her own super surveillance...like son, like mother(aunt).  And just the fact that Mrs. D had her own rather A-like lair.

Can we just please make Ezra useful for something besides shipper fuel like getting back to all those now-long-forgotten boxes of research he had on the PLLs/Alison and specifically about the parts of him that had him thinking at one time that Mrs. D was A?  If i was the PLLS, he would be the #1 person i'd be seeking council from - but of course with the engagement, it won't seem as "polite" to involve him in other matters!  For that matter, now that the five girls are in the same town again and on speaking terms and all generally in everything together, can the other four please finally pump Ali for the info they should have asked her about so long ago but never broached the topics - like her former secret/shady dealings - more backstory on her time in hiding, what was her relationship with Noel and what secrets did she know about him?  What was she "preparing her diaries for" the other girls to finish?  

Something i always kind of suspected - PLL was planned to be a five season show.  When they got the pickup for not only season six but a season seven at the same time, that's when the show got bogged down in unnecessary filler and useless characters.  But now we're getting back all that packed-on baloney and getting back to the main stories and wrap-ups that they originally had been working towards and wanting to tell for years.  (Marlene even Tweeted something along those lines not that far back.)

I'm actually enjoying watching again and looking forward to new episodes and i have a feeling the break between midseasons is going to be a hard one. 

Edited by dwmckim
  • Love 3

I was surprised that Toby was so open to forgiving Jenna. Good thing she put a stop to that two seconds later! Seriously, Jenna, your stepbrother is kindhearted enough to forgive you for sexually abusing him (and blackmailing him) and your response to this is to try to kiss him?

Cracking up at the thought that Jason was supposed to land at 5pm but showed up unannounced a few hours early because he couldn't wait to see Alison. Yup, Southwest has flights out of Ethiopia every half hour!

Aria and Ezra just got engaged in last week's episode and they're already meeting with a wedding planner? Sheesh.

While I fully applaud Hanna once again stealing Ashley's keycard to snoop around the Radley, once again I must yell at my tv: "GLOVES, DAMN IT!" Sara's room is a crime scene so the police are definitely going to be looking around. That means don't leave fingerprints!

Is it wrong that seeing Caleb give Jenna an unlicensed massage totally cracked me up? As Mr. EB's brother is fond of saying, shady things happen to shady people. Jenna has been involved in so many shady things in Rosewood that she's lucky all she's getting is a creepy massage.

I have no issue with people eloping because your wedding should be whatever you want it to be, but Aria doesn't seem like the kind of person who would want to do that. I can see her having an untraditional wedding (because you know quirky artsy Aria wouldn't be happy with a regular wedding), but not eloping. At the very least, she would want her parents and the PLLs there. It always bothers me when I see someone in a relationship trying to talk herself into doing what the other person wants.

I know Ezra is a guy, but what kind of idiot thinks that someone would check a wedding dress?

I was convinced that AD or Noel Kahn had sent a roofied drink to Emily (and that her mom was going to accidentally drink it), so I was surprised when it turned out that the bachelorette party really did send it and that they were so welcoming to Pam. I know this show is about the girls, not the moms, but I appreciated that we got a glimpse of how she's dealt with grief and mourning. And I hope she goes to that book club with the bachelorettes!

I know Spencer is supposed to be the smart one, but who leaves their keys in the car, like EVER, let alone when they're in the middle of nowhere snooping around a secret cellar for clues? I must be dimwitted because I did not understand Alison's logic in the cellar: my mom had files on my friends. My mom has pictures of my friends (and Red Coat) on her wall of crazy. Therefore I conclude that my mom never gave up looking for me. Oooookay.

It seems really sad that Alison is so lonely and desperate for family (as evidenced by when she told Jason that she has no one, not even her father or Jason) that she is totally okay with the aunt who admitted gaslighting her so that she could get her put in a mental institution so that she could steal her money. On top of that, she sees that her mom (who buried her alive) was a crazy stalker and interprets that as "mommy never gave up looking for me!"

On a shallow note, my OCD fully applauds the fact that Jessica used a label maker for all her research files. But my OCD was questioning why she used all middle tab folders.  Amateur!

Never change, Noel Kahn. From taunting Emily about never leaving Rosewood (while tipping her $100) to having a key to Jenna's hotel room, you never cease to entertain me.

• Love 4

There's no way the hotel mgmt. would allow the police/coroner to cart a dead body through the lobby.

Wait a minute -- all of a day has gone by, maybe, since the events of last episode and some wedding planner has already had time to put together all that wedding paraphernalia.  Really ?  Or was that just Aria's vision board.

And why did one of the binders on Ezra's coffee table have a page that said "Patient Sign-in sheet" ?

Hanna just happens to swipe her mom's keycard (even though her mom is nowhere to be seen) and just happens to find a suitcase under the bed in Shower Harvey's room that both the police and housekeeping missed.  FFS !  And now Caleb is working hotel security at The Radley.  Oh come on.

Jason is working with kids in Ethiopia -- not buying it, he's A.D. for sure -- but now he looks like discount Jesus.

Caleb in his new days old role as hotel security at the Radley tricks a blind Jenna into a comped massage so he can search her bag -- who watches the Watchmen indeed ?

Why would Hanna leave the secret locked suitcase in the room ?  It's a crime scene, would the police have really not have this room cordoned off.
Who doesn't have a keycard to this room at this point ?  Hiding under the bed -- what are they 12 ?   There's no way that Spencer/Hanna could see Noel's face that he couldn't see their faces.

Original Cola -- even Coke Classic doesn't want to be associated with this show.  I've heard it goes well with generic brand bourbon whiskey.

So the papers in the lockbox/suitcase are Mary Drake's results from 23andMe.  Did Hanna and Spencer go back into the lockbox/suitcase AFTER Noel Kahn left the room and photograph the folder that he put into it.  And who is this Dr. Cochrane ?  Is it Zefram Cochrane, inventor of the warp drive, and Noel Kahn has traveled back in time ?

Pam feels guilty having fun without her husband -- hasn't he been dead nearly 3 years.  Move on already.

I thought Mary Drake was packing her things to GTFO -- why is she still in the DiLaurentis house pouring wine ?  Is she the new sommelier ?

Why the hell did Jason invite Aria to dinner ?

Why wouldn't Emily and Pam just go some place else if it is so damn noisy from the bachelorette party ? Emily is obviously not on the clock anymore, just go somewhere else.  And those free drinks are probably from A.D. since they never show the waiter's face.

Creepiest dinner ever !!  Did Aria bolt from the DiLaurentis dinner table after that flashback ?  Because all of a sudden she was at The Radley in no time at all.

I still can't believe that after all that talk of the PLLs being bridesmaids for Aria that any of them, like Emily, would be ok with Ezria eloping.  It's the first of their little group to get married.

The women in the bachlorette party aren't even Emily's mom's age, by about 20 years, but she's making friends -- it's all just so stupid.

So why did Toby feel compelled to come over the Spencer's house to confess about who he REALLY started building that house for ?  Why even bother ? What was the point ?

Why would Mary Drake's 2nd child -- whoever the hell that is -- want revenge on the PLLs ?  For what reason ?

When did Aria have time to go wedding dress shopping ?  In all the shenanigans in the 1-2 days since she got engaged, when exactly ?  Or did she already have that purchased and it was just sitting in the closet ?

The car alarm will shut off if they close all the doors -- is that a new feature on this year's Mercedes SUV ?

So, in the brief time that the PLLs were in that cellar, A.D. broke into that car without setting off the alarms, reprogrammed the console display, and then intentionally opened all the doors and set off the alarm on purpose to trap the PLLs in the car since A.D. knew that they would all jump in the car to close the doors.  That is just fucking stupid. Why didn't the PLLs just close the doors from the outside ?  And what was the rush -- they are miles from nowhere ?

And for good measure, A.D. or whoever sets off a bomb in the cellar.  Oh come on.

Oh noooeeeesss !! Nicole is alive.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
because dad and husband don't mean the same thing.
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Cracking up at the thought that Jason was supposed to land at 5pm but showed up unannounced a few hours early because he couldn't wait to see Alison. Yup, Southwest has flights out of Ethiopia every half hour!

Aria and Ezra just got engaged in last week's episode and they're already meeting with a wedding planner? Sheesh.

Is it wrong that seeing Caleb give Jenna an unlicensed massage totally cracked me up? As Mr. EB's brother is fond of saying, shady things happen to shady people. Jenna has been involved in so many shady things in Rosewood that she's lucky all she's getting is a creepy massage.

Jason's early arrival really means he's been in town for some time.

How did Aria buy a dress and how did she afford one? She doesn't seem to have told her parents yet about the engagement.

Somehow, I think Caleb might be good at giving massages, so that's some upside for Jenna.

51 minutes ago, insubordination said:

I wanted to comment on the episode, but I'm too busy laughing at that Lionel Richie video. Know the song well, but had never seen it before. I expect Lionel Richie has a lair of his own.

Hello!

Ha, you might like this very brief Lionel Richie/Adele mashup too:

• Love 2

I'm contemplating fast forwarding Aria and Ezra scenes from now on. I'm quite annoyed that with all the hoopla going on, Aria's character gets to focus on rebuilding a relationship with her former teacher lover while the others are dealing with torture, friendships, oh, and worrying about who the hell is stalking them. Small things for Aria though. Aria is the only character that I only like when she's within her group of friends and having a season that's so focused on her life outside of that circle doesn't do any favours for me being able to like or root for her.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume that Emily stuck around that loud restaurant with her mom because her employee discount was really good.

I'm also going to question why these girls, in every episode, sit in a public space and talk about a man they killed, information that they're withholding from the police and their many breaking and entering crimes.

Felt bad for Spencer after the Toby scene but in a matter of only a few episodes, I love the character development they're finally giving her in respect to her love life.

• Love 2

You know, bad logic and all, this seemed like a call back to the first seasons - secret files, dead people we never cared for, people acting shady who probably have a totally innocent reason to, probably people acting nice that are totally shady, police not looking for the PLL, etc.

Love that Jason and Aria apparently had "something", gives me hope that maybe Aria won't be paired with Fitz for all (PLL) eternity. I I like that Toby is moving on, if he is still moving on by the next episode, then I can hope Aria can and will too.

Love the Noel shade, "Emily! I knew you we're never getting out of Rosewood..."

Poor Emily's mom - she opens up and her daughter is more interested by her phone - No wonder she ditched her! Who the hell invites her mom for mom's birthday and doesn't switch off her phone (after informing her friends of, you know, mon's birthday). In a pitch, she could have put in on vibrate and rushed to the bathroom to check her messages... When I do that, it's mostly things like the bank telling me that my statement's ready to download, or the random shop informing of some promotion. Lucky PLL, they only have relevance in their life!

Who could Mary's child be? Is Mary legit? a con? 

Isn't Noel the right height to imperson Wilden with a mask? (Rollings was a tiny thing, wasn't he?)

If Noel is not A or A's minion, what does he know and how? And what was in his file? He's not Mary's child, is he, that would be too pat! 

Not saying these burning questions will keep me awake at night, but I'd love to get all of your creative insight and interpretation - often more fun that the show, though this episode was pretty good. I love, love, love Mabinogia's post at the top of this thread, laughed like a hyena reading it actually - so please, keep them coming! 

Edited by NutMeg
Because I'd love (and not loose) to get your insight, without which I might feel lost because you do make sense of things
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, nara said:

I feel about as certain of Toby making it to Maine as Aria and Fitz making it to Italy.  Or if he does arrive he won't even have time for some clam chowder or lobster before he's pulled back to Rosewood. I just don't see him making the great escape any more than the rest of them. The big bone MK threw to the Scoby shippers last night being that Toby built the house for her. Somewhere before this is all said and done Yvonne will either bite the bullet or leave him upon some discovery...or hell she'll be A for a season. But it seems pretty clear she's a disposable character and frankly they can dispose of her as soon as they like and it would suit me just fine. 

10 hours ago, RachelKM said:

I didn't just don't like Caleb anymore.  I felt nothing but annoyance in his scenes with Hanna and I was full on squicked out by him being the stand-in for Jenna's massage.  It's kinda creepy.  

Same here! On top of all the stupid mistakes these girls make in the mystery aspect of the show, continuing a relationship (friends or more) with this creep is an even bigger mistake.  They might as well stick a final knife in Caleb's character by having him sex Jenna up next episode so he can gain access to her... No, not gonna go there; it's just too easy ;-)  (All of the puns 100% intended)

4 hours ago, insubordination said:

I wanted to comment on the episode, but I'm too busy laughing at that Lionel Richie video. Know the song well, but had never seen it before. I expect Lionel Richie has a lair of his own.

Hello!

#Hello #LionelLiar #IsItMeYoureLookingFor

Seriously, when they hashtaged Jessica's liar, I knew this show had finally given up on it's adult audience and were officially writing this shit for the preteens.  This has become just farcical. And is that where all the rest of the missing parents are...Hiding out in their liars?!?!  

The only thing worthwhile this show has going for it anymore are the good looks of Noel and Jason. 

I loved the look Ali gave Aria at dinner.  I was honestly expecting Ali to follow it up with, "Seriously, bitch?"

Also Emily trying to do stuff with her mom was sweet.  Pam was always one of the best parents on the show, the best if you count the fact she actually had a character arc in the early seasons.  That being said, couldn't they have come up with something less awkward than having a bachelorette party in the background for most of that story line?

Other than that we have a new A lead.  So my predictions for the mystery of Mary Drake's child are Noel is the suspect for the next two episodes, then Aria is the suspect, and in the last 5 minutes of the half season final, it is revealed Jason is actually Mary Drake's son and he has been in on everything the whole time.  While total bs, it would at least retcon away the Cece/Jason relationship with them plotting some scheme together instead.

I hate Jason's hair. I loled Tobey telling Spencer that. Yes, it's totally petty but basically he is saying I loved you, I was a catch and you didn't appreciate me so now I have someone better (who we all know is not better but...) HA...see ya...

Also...do we know who killed Charlotte yet, is that even still the main mystery...I feel so lost...I am like 4 As ago....:/

I liked the call backs to seasons 1/2 like the creepy massage and "I see you".

When Spencer and Hanna were snooping in Jenna's room I half expected Toby to walk in and say, "Again without gloves! When will you learn? You make it so hard for me to cover for you!"

Are we sure Mary Drake is Mary Drake? Could it be Jessica? Beef Wellington and jewelry aren't exactly a smoking gun but Jason suspects something. Also, where the hell is Mr. D? Is he alive? 

Was it Mary who mentioned the cellar and led the girls to #Jessica'slair? 

What face was on the mask at the end? I was only half paying attention. I really hate the masks and the fact that the characters in PLL universe are so easily fooled by them, so anybody could be anybody else in a mask. It's such lazy writing. 

Why is Aria marrying Ezra 5 minutes after they got back together? And why are her friends letting her? Of course they are the same friends who did nothing when they learned of her relationship with her teacher. :/

How did Toby manage to dump Spencer when they weren't together? 

I think the writers are trolling us for calling Caleb the best boyfriend on PLL, because now he belongs in the Rosewood boyfriend hall of shame with Ezra, Toby, et al. Watch him turn out to be Mary Drake's son. 

The real mystery is why I am still watching this stupid show. 

• Love 6

Another boring episode. I barely reacted when I looked up from my phone and noticed there was a car bomb timer thing going on. And Jesus A.D. is right there behind the car slowly leaving a message and the four of you don't run out and grab him COME ON!

1 hour ago, joelene said:

Another boring episode. I barely reacted when I looked up from my phone and noticed there was a car bomb timer thing going on. And Jesus A.D. is right there behind the car slowly leaving a message and the four of you don't run out and grab him COME ON!

They were trapped in the car.

Jason! I will forgive everything that happened this season if he stays and continues to make sense for the rest of this season. Maybe he came early so he could get that court order?

That's all I got. It's pointless to complain about the mystery anymore because it's obvious the writers are just making this stuff up as they go along. 

But I forgive them for this episode just because Jason and Noel Kahn were on my screen. (At this point, I take my victories when I can get them.)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Artsda said:

Why wouldn't she be able to afford one? She has a job. 

She has been working for one year(she's 23--right?) as an editorial assistant. They don't make that much money. Plus, she doesn't seem to have done any work for ages, so she may have been switched off of salary when she officially became the co- author. But more importantly, how did she get a dress so quickly after getting engaged? Now, if it later becomes clear that she got something off the rack, I'll takeback my comment, but I am pretty sure she'll step out in $4000 dress.

4 hours ago, lorikauai said:

Are we sure Mary Drake is Mary Drake? Could it be Jessica? Beef Wellington and jewelry aren't exactly a smoking gun but Jason suspects something. Also, where the hell is Mr. D? Is he alive? 

Love this!

• Love 1

Alison's general annoyance with Aria is amusing me. "What the hell are you doing here?"  So welcoming Ali. It's so sad that Alison is so desperate for someone to be around that she's willing to let the woman who pretended to be her dead mother in her life. Not to mention stole money and helped your husband torture you.  Though Ali's look at that hand on Jason's arm seems like she knows something was going on. I like Jason and Aria, especially if it means no Ezra.

Pam Fields is my second favorite mother. Love seeing her and Emily. Where are you Ashley Marin? All the fun stuff is happening at your place of business but we never see you! 

Another added child?! Really? Ugh. I hope this is good.  I don't know if I can take it. Also as everyone notices the Liars are getting dumber with every episode.  Spencer you got out of your car( a Mercedes) and didn't lock the door or take your keys? And no one wanted to be a lookout? You all have gone on fifty thousand snooping missions and been locked inside 95 rooms/cars/houses and you haven't learned a thing? And my lord ladies, WEAR SOME DANG GLOVES!!

• Love 3

Perhaps Spencer or Caleb did some research on how they can burn off their fingerprints with acid? Only explanation for consistent lack of gloves that I can think of...

• Love 1

Loving the well-deserved shade Ali keeps giving Aria... first she speaks for PLL viewers everywhere when the girls are talking about important A-related stuff and Aria is totes out the door the moment she gets a text from Ezra.

Then Jason invites her to family dinner and the vibes between the two are that they shared some kind of relationship.  That's annoying enough on its own but to think that this is the same girl that deserts anything and everything when it comes to Ezra and she's gotta be thinking "so you're here with Jason and not oh-so-important-at-expense-of-everything-else Ezra, why?"  I just want there to be an Ali eyeroll/glare/deathstare at Aria every episode from here on out.

• Love 4