Type keyword(s) to search

Ugh!: Actors, Hosts, And TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand

• Start Topic

I think I like Kemper, judging from the videos that I have seen, she seems nice. (I am still unsure though.) I hate the character Kimmie Schmidt. But that character is not that show's only problem for me.

This sort of leads me to another fairly popular comedian whose style goes over into the obnoxious category for me, but she seems to be a perfectly nice person and undeserved of the recent harassment she received: Leslie Jones.

I do enjoy her GoT tweets, but I have never seen her on SNL (don't watch). My first real exposure to her type of comedy aside from her tweets was on Match Game. She was very (very) obnoxious. I feel so bad in saying that about her, but that is how I feel.

I must say, looking back at old interviews of Lucille Ball I found her pleasant but her comedy style was very obnoxious too.

Amy Schumer and Lena Dunham--comedy or not--I don't like them.

• Love 1

In the interests of gender equity: Jeremy Piven, David Cross, Damon Lindelof, Jaden Smith, Jere Burns, Chuck McCann, Richard Kind, Paul Giametti, Julian Fellowes, Toby Jones, Tobias Menzies, Michael Moriarty, and many others whose names I can't think of right now.

• Love 5
On 8/19/2016 at 2:46 PM, Enigma X said:

I must say, looking back at old interviews of Lucille Ball I found her pleasant but her comedy style was very obnoxious too.

I had a long time back gotten the first two seasons' worth (1951-53) of her classic CBS comedy I Love Lucy from the Best Buy in Greenville, just to see what it was like and why it has been acclaimed as much as it has and why it has the classic status it has. I dislike admitting it, but while I did find funny parts here and there (Vitameatavegamin being one of them; another one being the candy wrapping scene in the second season), I Love Lucy was really quite dull and unfunny to me.

On that score, I'll say also that I could not stand Jackie Gleason. As I said before, I knew that his Honeymooners show was a classic of the 50s, and so I purchased the "Classic 39" to see if I would enjoy it. Unfortunately, through the 8 episodes (one disc) I saw, I found it, like Lucy, quite dull, and quite the waste of the sawbuck ($10) I paid for it. 

Fortunately, both of them have found homes with my nephew Eli in Alabama, and he loves them more than I do (in fact, he has all of I Love Lucy now, both the first two that I gave him, and the remaining ones that I purchased for him from Amazon [third and fourth for Christmas one year, fifth for a visit the next, and sixth one and Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour for his birthday]). 

Edited by bmasters9
  • Love 4

I don't think either I Love Lucy or The Honeymooners holds up nowadays.

I couldn't stand the Ralph Kramden character even when the show was originally airing, but while I have some nostalgic fondness for Lucy and Ethel* and did love the show at the time, it would bore me now as well. I guess I'm just past laughing at unrealistic screwball escapades. I recently rewatched a bit of The Dick Van Dyke show and, same thing.

As for Gleason himself, he seems like somebody I would have avoided at a party. That's a lot of personality.

*Not so much Fred and Ricky, but they weren't the point, really.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 2

Ray Romano; not only did I never love Lucy, I also never loved Raymond. I hated The Honeymooners

Jeffrey Tambor. I want to like him because of Arrested Development but him so off-putting that I just can't.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ABay said:

Ray Romano; not only did I never love Lucy, I also never loved Raymond. I hated The Honeymooners

You're not alone! I couldn't stand that 1996-2005 CBS comedy called Everybody Loves Raymond; despite the title, like you, I never either loved Raymond, and that is another show that has been and remains permanently ineligible for my DVD collection. 

• Love 8

As long as we're doing classic shows, oddly enough, I can't stand Dick Van Dyke.  I mean, I always liked his one-time costar MTM, got good laughs from Morey Amsterdam,Carl Reiner and Rose Marie  on that show but, he's always rubbed me the wrong way.  Yes, I'm impressed that he's still healthy at 90 and seems to be a recovering alcoholic but he just seems too patronizing and self-important.  Just for laughs and giggles about his co-stars, I went and read his autobio and not only did it confirm my POV re him but I found it chilling that it didn't even mention the tragic death of his niece Kelly much less bring her up at all even when he briefly deigned to talk about her father (his brother)  Jerry. I mean would it have killed him to have just said "I'm sorry this happened to her and have tried to help her family cope"? Nothing, though, and he just kept bragging about how talented and beloved he believes he is.

• Love 2

The majority of those on The Food Network grate, such as Anne Burrell, Sunny Anderson, Scott Conant, Michael Zakarian, Guy Fieri, Aaron Sanchez, Michael Symon, Alton Brown, Robert Irvine, and Giada DeLaurentis.

(To some this may be surprising that I love Bobby Flay.)

• Love 1
On ‎08‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:12 AM, ABay said:

In the interests of gender equity: Jeremy Piven, David Cross, Damon Lindelof, Jaden Smith, Jere Burns, Chuck McCann, Richard Kind, Paul Giametti, Julian Fellowes, Toby Jones, Tobias Menzies, Michael Moriarty, and many others whose names I can't think of right now.

Interesting list.  Some of them I like, and some, I agree they are among the most annoying people on the planet.  Especially Jaden Smith.

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:12 AM, ABay said:

They're mostly considered film actors, but got their start on TV-Jared Leto, Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio.

• Love 1

I have a serious dislike for any man's sidepiece who for some reason has a career or is considered vital even though completely devoid of intelligence, talent, wisdom, skill, etc. Amongst these include, Joy Philbin, Robin McGraw, Blac China and Amber Rose.

• Love 6

Anyone who lives in NYC? Our local station WPIX11 has a morning anchor by the name of Sukanya Krishnan. She is horrible. She is a total know-it-all who interrupts all the guests in a loud, bullying manner. She talks over her everyone, co-hosts and guests included, and interjects her opinion on everything. In the last 4 years, she has had 4 different co-hosts.  She has always been a huge personality, but a lot of her co-hosts were able to hold their own. She steam-rolled over the last guy, Kori Chambers, I think he went through a lot trying to be affable, but her dislike for him was palpable. He was brought in from a Chicago news show specifically for the morning show, now he anchors the weekend news.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, blaksheba said:

She is a total know-it-all who interrupts all the guests in a loud, bullying manner. She talks over her everyone, co-hosts and guests included, and interjects her opinion on everything. 

Sort of like a local Bill O'Reilly, from the looks of what you're saying. 

• Love 2

ESPN: Scott Van Pelt gives me the creeps. Chris Berman earned a permanent place on my shitlist by uttering the words Albert Winnie the Pujols. There's just no excuse for that. If Aaron Boone could shut the hell up during Sunday Night Baseball, that would be magical.

Other TV: Tom Selleck, John Stamos, Mariska Hargitay, the Good Morning America crew, Steve Harvey, Maya Rudolph, Kit Harrington, Billy Ray Cyrus, Tina Fey, The Property Brothers, Patrick Dempsey, Debra Messing, Chris Harrison, Dr. Oz

• Love 2
4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Other TV: Tom Selleck, Steve Harvey

I never did really enjoy Selleck either, not even on that hit 1980-88 CBS detective series of his called Magnum, P.I. In fact, I had gotten seasonal releases of it before (the first and second seasons in the double releases, and then the first again in the repackaged single release), and could not enjoy it either way. 

And per Steve Harvey, I used to like his newer Family Feud, but now, I don't really care for it. 

Edited by bmasters9
  • Love 3

I never minded Steve Harvey that much until the Miss Universe mess, which probably wasn't even his fault, and I don't even care about Miss Universe, but it's the kind of thing that sticks in my memory as a mark against him.  

• Love 1

Another one I couldn't stand: Andy Griffith (neither on his 1960-68 Andy Griffith Show on CBS, nor on his 1986-95 Matlock series on NBC and then ABC). My mother has all of Andy Griffith on DVD (I got it for her a time back in CBS' condensed full-series DVD release), and it's one of her favorites. 

Edited by bmasters9
  • Love 1
(edited)

What hurts a lot now is that Roseanne is among his supporters, too. I can't bring myself to hate her, though. I'm just sad. :(

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, UYI said:

What hurts a lot now is that Roseanne is among his supporters, too. I can't bring myself to hate her, though. I'm just sad. :(

Really? That's confounding to me, but I'm good with disliking her because of it. She's been toeing the crazy-ass conspiracy theory Gary Busey/Randy Quaid line for years anyway.

• Love 4

Kanye West made a fool of himself at the VMA Awards and I can't understand why Good Morning America would give the guy any more publicity. The clip I saw was his dumb ass face looking out into the audience thinking every single one of them just loves him to death. He is delusional and his rants make no sense.

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

For me it goes in both directions.  I tend to hate actors that become "crazy" political or religious doesn't matter which side they take.  I don't particularly like Sean Pean for this reason.

For me it's Alec Baldwin.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, maraleia said:

This includes Kirk and Candace Cameron, Scott Baio, Antonio Sabato Jr., the Duck Dynasty family, the Duggars, Charlie Sheen, Donnie Walberg, Jennie McCarthy, Hulk Hogan, Tim Allen, Vince Vaughn, Kirstie Alley, Clint Eastwood, Stacey Dash, Adam Sandler, Bruce Willis, Ben Stein, Stephen Baldwin and many more but these are the most prominent people.

It's interesting that the Drumpf supporters are mostly people that I can't stand anyway.   I would exempt the women mentioned, but I don't even know if Stacey Dash is a man or a woman.  Okay, I looked her up, she's a woman. 

12 minutes ago, atomationage said:

It's interesting that the Drumpf supporters are mostly people that I can't stand anyway.   I would exempt the women mentioned, but I don't even know if Stacey Dash is a man or a woman.  Okay, I looked her up, she's a woman. 

Stacey Dash was Dionne in Clueless (both the movie and the TV show). 

• Love 4

I don't hate anyone "just" for there politics.  Everyone has the right to their own belief system and all that.  Its when they go crazy and then decide to tell everyone and their pet monkey about it that I start to side eye them a bit.  Take the Cameron siblings.  Kirk is just a lunatic.   He always has been one too.   There are rumors that he won't kiss a girl that isn't his wife.  He is an actor for god sake and for a time a fairly famous one.  That is just silly and goes a bit far.  Plus he tells everyone they are going to hell....so there is that.   Then there is Candace who by all accounts is a genuinely nice person who is just deeply religious and from what I hear she only says what she believes when asked.  I don't expect her to lie.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 24
13 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

There are rumors that he won't kiss a girl that isn't his wife.   

That's not a rumor, that's a fact. His wife, Chelsea Noble, is listed on IMDB as having an uncredited appearance in one of his movies, and this is the reason why. It doesn't make it less insane, but yes, it is true.

• Love 6

She used to be with the poor man's Fox News, One American News Network, and is now with The Blaze, but I hate conservative, blonde pundit Tomi Lahren. She is bigoted, shrill, unprofessional and completely immature in her opinion rants, not to mention, she has a voice that could curdle milk.

• Love 10

She used to be with the poor man's Fox News, One American News Network, and is now with The Blaze, but I hate conservative, blonde pundit Tomi Lahren. She is bigoted, shrill, unprofessional and completely immature in her opinion rants, not to mention, she has a voice that could curdle milk.

One my FB friends just posted the same thing about her complete with video. I cannot agree with you more. She sounds (and looks) like a drunk, racist sorority girl sounding off about things she knows nothing about in her life of privilege.  HATE.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

John Legend and Chrissy Teigen.

I used to feel the exact same way about the two of them. Chrissy because the first time I'd heard anything about her, she tweeted that she agreed with The Onion calling 9-year old Quvenzhané Wallis a c***. Seriously? Who says that about a little girl? Who makes that kind of joke about a little girl, if you believe The Onion's public response?   --so no, I still don't like her. 

John because he seemed arrogant to me and because he was married to Chrissy. But I listened to a long, candid interview with John Legend on The Champs podcast, and I learned what a humble, funny guy he can be. So now John is cool in my book.  I still don't understand why he likes Chrissy, though.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, topanga said:

I used to feel the exact same way about the two of them. Chrissy because the first time I'd heard anything about her, she tweeted that she agreed with The Onion calling 9-year old Quvenzhané Wallis a c***. Seriously? Who says that about a little girl? Who makes that kind of joke about a little girl, if you believe The Onion's public response?   --so no, I still don't like her. 

John because he seemed arrogant to me and because he was married to Chrissy. But I listened to a long, candid interview with John Legend on The Champs podcast, and I learned what a humble, funny guy he can be. So now John is cool in my book.  I still don't understand why he likes Chrissy, though.

I never could stand Chrissy and I didn't even know about her and The Onion.  I just think she tries too hard to be sexy and funny and she's neither.  

Regarding John Legend, I never hated him or anything, it's just that I never thought he was as great of a singer as he seems to think he is.  And then him calling the national anthem "weak" and him being "one of the best" at singing it--was just too much.  It's one thing to say you prefer "America The Beautiful" over "The Star Spangled Banner" as the national anthem--I've heard that discussion many times and I get that--but that doesn't mean you have to diss the current anthem.  

So, pair him with the above-mentioned nitwit, and I can't stand them.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, DeLurker said:

@topanga - Since she was a SI swimsuit model, I'm going with the obvious.  She's got a nice bod, but I wouldn't rate her face above cute but SI doesn't consult with me on these matters.

So true. As soon as the words "I still don't understand why he likes Chrissy" left my mouth (er, my hand), I had to laugh at myself. Hot models are always going to get the guys, bad personality or not. 

• Love 1
On 8/30/2016 at 2:57 PM, Princess Sparkle said:

Did she change her stance?  She pretty emphatically said last month that she's not a Trump supporter.

Back on Roseanne, her views coincide with Drumpf on a number of points, like Brexit.  She's definitely against Hillary.  She thinks she would bring in a more politically correct era.  I think she's probably more of a Jill Stein fan, but probably not her running mate.  I get this from her interview on The Rubin Report on YT.

I wish Christian Bale was in a television show for me to include him as someone I just can't stand. 

• Love 2