Type keyword(s) to search

Ugh!: Actors, Hosts, And TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand

• Start Topic

I have no idea why, but Tom Bergeron.  I just can't listen to or watch him.  He seems like a nice person, in fact, extremely nice.  But I just can't with him.  This is from a few episodes of AFHV (which, granted I found stupid so I bailed.)  I'm not a DWTS watcher.

Kelly Ripa.  Her entire talk show existence is such a WTF for me.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Rachael Ray.  She constantly interrupts & talks over her guests by seeming to know what the guest is talking about.  Why bother having the guest on since she seems to know it all & can tell us?  One guest looked really pissed after she interrupted him. 

Yes, the BEST that can be said about her is that she's friendlier than Nancy Grace and not as nasty as Sarah Silverman.  Why she hasn't been relegated to ONLY voicing Peppermint Patty in "Peanuts" cartoons is beyond me.

• Love 2

Since we've barely started and I'm ready to watch the Olympics on mute, I must add to my list a good 90% of those whom NBC employs to comment on the games.  Starting, as I always do, with Al Trautwig, but he has plenty of company.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I can't stand Darrell and Michael Waltrip from Fox Nascar coverage. They talk constantly and say nothing important.

Yes!  I never liked DW as a driver, and have no use for him in the booth.  It usually takes me about 10 minutes into the first practice session at Daytona to start saying "Shut up, DW!" to the television.  And for 15 years now, I've hit the mute button at the start of every race on Fox to avoid that booger thing he yells every damn time.  When they announced Jeff Gordon was joining Fox, I hoped that meant DW was retiring, but no such luck.  Michael has gotten progressively worse over the years, and is just a clown.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Moose135 said:

And for 15 years now, I've hit the mute button at the start of every race on Fox to avoid that booger thing he yells every damn time.  

Are you referring to when he yells, "Boogety, boogety, boogety-- let's go racin', boys!"? He not only does it at the top of the race, but IIRC, every time the race restarts after a caution flag.

On 8/3/2016 at 4:31 PM, Gurkel said:

Sheryl Underwood is growing on me. 

Ugh, she can disappear.  She's playing her part:  "Loud, black woman who can't find a man."  Go away and never come back and take Nancy Grace with you.  (I remember Nancy Grace when she was a real lawyer who wore ugly clothes and too much make up).

And everybody on Faux "News." 

Steve Harvey, how can he be a relationship expert if he's been married 474784 times?  Plus, he thinks he's hot and he really isn't.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12
On 8/6/2016 at 2:19 PM, Blergh said:

Yes, the BEST that can be said about her is that she's friendlier than Nancy Grace and not as nasty as Sarah Silverman.  Why she hasn't been relegated to ONLY voicing Peppermint Patty in "Peanuts" cartoons is beyond me.

Because all the Peanuts cartoons are voiced by actual kids. ;)

• Love 1

Personally I love Steve Harvey.  I think he's funny and good looking.  I don't want to marry him, but I love him on Family Feud and that kid show.

loathe Andy Cohen, tho.

• Love 1

There are many actors that I used to like that I can no longer stand to look at for some reason (Baldwins).  Sometimes someone does something that just puts them beyond the pale, like Woody Allen, and I just don't want to hear about them any more, yet they continue to work.   Then there are people that I'm just tired of seeing and think they should go into retirement.(Travolta).  There are also people like Drumpf,  that I've never had any use for.  

I think Trevor Noah is quite pretentious, not just now, but even in his standup comedy before The Daily Show.   

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

Can't believe I forgot him until now - Zack Braff.  Never did like Scrubs, he seems like a smug asshole who's extremely satisfied with himself, he strikes me as someone who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, and he punched a 12 year old on Punk'd.  I swear to you all, I once broke up with a guy who kept claiming Garden State was one of the greatest movies ever.

I liked Scrubs, too, but yep, Zack Braff is just so meh to me and he punched a kid on Punk'd? Not cool, Zacky. And I am not a fan of Garden State either, so glad I got it from the library for free.

And if I don't like the too-cool-for-school hipsters who litter my neighborhood, I definitely don't want to see them on my TV screen, both as characters and the actors who play them, too numerous to mention.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Kelly Ripa, Oprah, most of Fox News (especially Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade), Andy Cohen, Nancy Grace, and Jimmy Fallon.

Fallon is the only one I want to punch, though.

I dunno. I want to punch pretty much all of them.  Cohen and Oprah marginally less, but only marginally.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Amy Schumer is on TV right this second talking about how smart and funny and, most of all, REAL she is, which reminds me that I meant to post the following name in this thread: Amy Schumer.

I like Amy, but she's a bit over-exposed. She needs to lay low for a while.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

I like Amy, but she's a bit over-exposed. She needs to lay low for a while

Her book came out yesterday, so she may be in your face for a bit. I like her. I like most people. This thread is not for me, I'm getting sad and trying to defend most of them in my head! Especially Lauren Graham. Okay, bye.

• Love 5
On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:40 PM, bmasters9 said:

And worse yet (and this is one for the "shows you wanted to like but don't" thread as well), I tried to see his classic 1982-89 NBC comedy called Family Ties (I had the first season's worth before), and for reasons unknown, it didn't click for me.

I hated Family Ties because of how the kids were portrayed as great and the parents as dumb.  Might not have been every episode, but it happened often enough to annoy me and I stopped watching.  I was surprised when I liked Spin City, even though I usually can't stand both Michael J. Fox and Charlie Sheen.  I guess I enjoyed the rest of the cast enough to make up for their presences.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Amy Schumer is on TV right this second talking about how smart and funny and, most of all, REAL she is, which reminds me that I meant to post the following name in this thread: Amy Schumer.

I might've found her funny once.  Now she's fucking everywhere talking about how great she is, and how she's not plus-sized even though there isn't anything wrong with being plus-sized but by the way, did you know she's not?????  I'm starting to want to punch her.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

and how she's not plus-sized even though there isn't anything wrong with being plus-sized but by the way, did you know she's not?

Ha, yes, no pun intended, but she really showed her ass with the plus-size thing.

• Love 3

Unless there's more than what I read a few months ago, I don't understand the uproar over her comments about not being plus-sized.  She's not.  She's a little larger than the average female celebrity, and she calls out how ridiculous the nasty comments she gets about that fact are.  When some magazine (I think) referred to her as plus-sized, she responded that she - a size six or whatever below-average size she is - is not plus-sized, that it's equally ridiculous to go around telling readers if they dare rise above a size four, they're overweight.

I didn't detect one whiff of "oh no, don't you lump me in with those gross fatties who really are plus-sized," just "are you kidding me with this shit?" frustration with the concept that Hollywood has so warped our national sense of what's typical that now we're calling size six plus-sized.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

I didn't detect one whiff of "oh no, don't you lump me in with those gross fatties who really are plus-sized,"

Mileage varies and all that, but that's exactly how she came across to me. Glamour Magazine didn't use the term "plus-sized." The issue's theme was, "beautiful at any size," and included celebrity women across a wide range of body types. Amy was responding to the line in the magazine that said something like, "we're inspired by Adele, Melissa McCarthy, and Amy Schumer," by saying she herself is not plus-sized, she's a size 6, yadda yadda, won't anyone think of the children, etc. It was her specific inclusion in a group that included Adele and McCarthy that seems to have bothered her.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 4

My "favourite" Marilu Henner was many years ago, when she hosted a special on pregnancy, and commiserated with the other pregnant women that people feel entitled to come up to them, touch their bellies, ask them intrusive questions, "how dare they invade my privacy like that?"..... and then she had cameras film and broadcast every minute of her labour and delivery.  

• Love 6

Can. Not. Stand. Amy. Schumer.  She is unfunny, smug and bloviates about her rad girl feminism but just comes off as insincere. 

Lena Dunham. Same deal. 

Probably low hanging fruit, but Katherine Heigl.  I like Dule Hill and would love to watch any show he is in,  But she is in it with him and and in my personal calculus of which weighs more, my dislike of her or my like of him, she wins.

Megyn 'Santa Claus is just white'  and ' Maternity Leave is a welfare-state entitlement until I need it' Kelly. 

Katherine McPhee.  I barely gave her notice until her terribleness spewed all over Smash.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I don't want to sound judgy, but she's no size 6 that I've ever seen.

I agree. She's bigger than me, and I don't clock in as a size six.

A million times yes on Marilu Henner. She's always acting as she is an expert on everything and has a bunch of stupid books to prove it. She's kind of like red-haired, baby boomer version of Gwyneth Paltrow (minus the family privilege of course).

And I'd be remiss not to mention I can't handle women who speak with vocal fry and speak using a "sexy baby" voice, which means I don't watch a lot of TV these days, especially those featuring women under the age of 35.

• Love 7

I've never actively hated Marilu Henner, but she's a terrible actress, I don't know how she ever got her part on Taxi. It was also a poorly written role, so maybe no one could make it work.

• Love 1

OK, I'm not quite of the 'can't stand ' stance re Suzanne Somers but there have been things she's said and done that just don't wash with me. Anyone else remember the Playboy pic deal?  She denied having posed for them and then when they published a pic she'd posed for when she was still unknown, she went on a tear about how she'd only posed out of desperation to pay for her sick child's treatments and sued them. Well, after they settled,  she went about and posed for them  afterwards. I mean, I have no issue with her voluntarily posing. However; don't get all weepy, self-righteous and sue-happy about a pose you'd prefer no one would see and hope your fans believe you're still 'innocent' THEN go out and pose for another one because you want to show off at a later date. Either own the previous pose or don't pose again if you don't like the earlier being unearthed.

Edited by Blergh
clarity
  • Love 8

I can't work up the strength to dislike Suzanne, but I did roll my eyes when she snuck out for liposuction during her Thigh Master days, then claimed it was related to her breast cancer treatment. She and Marilu are both cut from the same "health expert" cloth in that they think they know how the rest of us should live.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lordonia said:

I can't work up the strength to dislike Suzanne, but I did roll my eyes when she snuck out for liposuction during her Thigh Master days, then claimed it was related to her breast cancer treatment. She and Marilu are both cut from the same "health expert" cloth in that they think they know how the rest of us should live.

I'd say that "Dr." Oz seems to be cut from that very same cloth, and so is "Dr." Phil.

• Love 12

I'm not trying to bring religion into this so I'll keep this purely superficial, and since his photo keeps popping up in the "Sponsored Content" at the bottom of the website, I have to say I cannot stand Joel Osteen. His face looks like a melting wax figure and he blinks so damn much I find it extremely off-putting.

• Love 9
On 8/17/2016 at 11:41 AM, fishcakes said:

This is apparently why she's "pals" with Jennifer Lawrence.  Neither totally trust other people to talk about how "real" they are, so they rely on others to do so.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Bookish Jen said:

There is something about Ellie Kemper that makes my teeth itch, but I can't quite explain it.

I watched a couple episodes of her show before deciding it wasn't for me, but she acts pretty much the same -- exuberant and fast-talking -- when I've seen her on talk shows. She apparently doesn't have a setting for "calm."

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yep, she has always rubbed me the wrong way.

And I didn't like her on The Office. Her character (whose name I can't remember) was so one-note. I have a feeling Ellie is a rather limited actress.

• Love 4

I thought she was one-note on The Office as well and I just didn't like her brand of "quirky."

Also, I haaaaated the name "Kimmie Schmidt" so I knew I wasn't going to watch that show.

• Love 1