Type keyword(s) to search

Ugh!: Actors, Hosts, And TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

quite a few movies?

I don't dislike JA, but honestly she's not as good an actress as Courtney or Lisa.

Her movies are mostly one note, and she only wears sequined bath towels on the red carpet.

• Love 4

I'm a bit meh re Miss Aniston (and admit that I just got totally burned out re "Friends" in general but had no ill will towards her or any cast member per se). However; I think she's going to have to do a lot of work to live down that Emirate Airlines ad in which she considered it a nightmare NOT to be able to shower on a plane. Talk about the ultimate first world problem!

• Love 3
On 10/21/2016 at 5:05 PM, Love said:

I know who she is but I don't know WHO she is.  Aside from being married to John Legend, what exactly is her claim to fame?  All I ever read about her is how she spouts off when people criticize her on Twitter.

I was a die hard John Legend fan until he unleashed the endless ugh that is Chrissy Tiegen. Never has there been a try hard who tried harder.

• Love 9

Her movies are what burned me out.  Or maybe she's really not that good of an actress. They always seemed weird. Like the one where she dates the man who also dated her mother and grandmother (yea?) that I gave up watching. The only one I ever liked was Marley & Me. When it comes to Katherine Heigl, I think she's more suited for romance comedy movies not for drama or anything else.   

• Love 3

Jeffrey Donovan. I almost didn't watch Burn Notice because he has a face I want to punch, but my affection for Bruce Campbell overcame that and I did watch. Until the last 2 seasons, I was glad I did.

• Love 3

I hated Fiona on that show. Gabrielle Anwar and her accent bugged the crap out of me. I also grew up in Ireland and hated that the show made light of her being an IRA bomber. I'd need more than two hands to count the number of times I had to leave a store because of a bomb threat. The day I was emigrating my train was delayed because of a bomb on the line. That shit is not funny.

• Love 7
On 10/29/2016 at 0:42 PM, Brooklynista said:

I was a die hard John Legend fan until he unleashed the endless ugh that is Chrissy Tiegen. Never has there been a try hard who tried harder.

The only thing I really like about her is this. And that's only to laugh at how weird she looks.

tumblr_inline_npn2xtIp3U1r79k32_500.gif

• Love 5
12 hours ago, UYI said:

The only thing I really like about her is this. And that's only to laugh at how weird she looks.

tumblr_inline_npn2xtIp3U1r79k32_500.gif

Chrissy probably doesn't look all that weird for someone who's Norwegian & German on her Dad's side & Thai on her Mother's side. Just saying.

• Love 6

Aww.. I Like Chrissy.  Actually she rarely crossed my radar until I happened across her twitter.  I love reading her twitter, she tweets like real people I know rather than like I think a star does .  She isn't constantly promoting something, she doesn't come off as fake nice but really engages and does a great clapback. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

Aww.. I Like Chrissy.  Actually she rarely crossed my radar until I happened across her twitter.  I love reading her twitter, she tweets like real people I know rather than like I think a star does .  She isn't constantly promoting something, she doesn't come off as fake nice but really engages and does a great clapback. 

I DID like it when a bunch of people freaked out after she had a night out, very shortly after her daughter was born, and she responded the next day by Tweeting them "Good morning." LOL.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, UYI said:

I DID like it when a bunch of people freaked out after she had a night out, very shortly after her daughter was born, and she responded the next day by Tweeting them "Good morning." LOL.

Yep, she does seem to have a sense of humor about herself. I have no problem with her.

Amber Rose on the other hand...

• Love 1

Amber Rose on the other hand.

I only have use for Amber Rose when she goes in on the Kardashians/Kanye West. Bitch has got secrets on that man and the whole Klan know it. I love when someone cuts through their bullshit. However, I find her sidekick Blac Chyna absolutely useless.

Another person I cannot stand is Mario Lopez. He seems like such a narcissistic asshole. The smarmy "fake nice-guy" attitude just oozes off him. I've disliked him since the SBTB days. I tried to avoid those bottom-feeder tabloid-type shows but I do end up seeing clips here and there.

• Love 10
On 11/1/2016 at 9:04 AM, DearEvette said:

Or recently when Judgy Stranger #238974 said "That is NOT how you hold a baby!" and she was all" O rly because that's how I'm fucking holding her."

1 hour ago, Babyfoot said:

I have a completely irrational loathing for Ellen Pompeo. 

And I for Claire Danes.  For as long as I can remember.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I have no way of knowing this, but Claire Danes always comes off like she thinks she is the greatest.

And I never get that sense from her. How weird. 

But yeah, Ellen Pompeo sucks rocks. I saw her on an episode of Punk'd, and even before the punking began, she came across as a not-very-nice person. She was very rude to the staff of a restaurant she was visiting with her boyfriend/fiancee.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I have no way of knowing this, but Claire Danes always comes off like she thinks she is the greatest.

She strikes me as someone who, like Madonna, will just suddenly decide one of these days to speak entirely with a posh British accent.  She might even pull a Gwynnie and call Anthony Hopkins "ANTony."  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, topanga said:

And I never get that sense from her. How weird. 

But yeah, Ellen Pompeo sucks rocks. I saw her on an episode of Punk'd, and even before the punking began, she came across as a not-very-nice person. She was very rude to the staff of a restaurant she was visiting with her boyfriend/fiancee.

I didn't see the show, but it might've been her husband, not boyfriend/fiancé, if she was with an African-American guy. She's been married a pretty long time now; they have 2 daughters.

• Love 1

I do, too.  I saw her in Moonlight Mile and had such a visceral reaction to her I have never watched her in anything since.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I used to detest Claire Danes until I saw her in Pygmalion in 2007, now to me she's okay, not great just okay.

• Love 2
On 11/1/2016 at 9:59 AM, AgentRXS said:

Another person I cannot stand is Mario Lopez.

I haven't liked him since he claimed he had sex on Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland. Who does that?

There are many celebrities that I'm neutral on, until they start talking and I realize I don't like them. 

• Love 14
On 11/3/2016 at 7:11 PM, ennui said:

There are many celebrities that I'm neutral on, until they start talking and I realize I don't like them. 

I know this is one of the things that I am finding a bit of a downside with having such easy access to celebrities.  No wonder they need publicists.  Same thing with authors of books I've liked and read.  I'll ignore minor stupid stuff, but some stuff just colors your perception of them.

For instance, the actress Ciara Renee who played Hawkgirl on Legends of Tomorrow said something on twitter that completely soured me on her.  I don't dislike her or anything, but it took me from being neutral on her to not really wanting to watch her.  So I didn't watch DC:LOT mainly because of her.  Now that she is gone I have been watching it and enjoying it.

• Love 2
On 11/3/2016 at 6:44 AM, Babyfoot said:

Hmmm did you first notice her in Law and Order? If so, it might explain things.  I know whenever I run across her,

Spoiler

I still immediately think of that episode and the sly  "I got away with it" look she gave when she thought McCoy was arresting her father.

Edited by MissAlmond
added spoiler tag
  • Love 2
On Thursday, November 03, 2016 at 10:05 AM, cpcathy said:

Ultimately he's to blame for leaving Mary Louise Parker while she was pregnant with his kid, but Billy Crudup cheating with Claire Danes was not a good look for either of them.

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 0:26 PM, ByTor said:

For me, it begins with a Jennifer and ends with an Aniston, she just annoys the crap out of me.

I think she's a mostly mediocre actress and is wildly overpaid. I think her celebrity probably only helped We're the Millers and gave a small boost to Horrible Bosses (and I think the entire eclectic ensemble was a lot of the selling point of that film).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I don't think I'm the first to bring him up but: fuck Dr. Phil.  He is exploitative by nature, but his most recent "special" with Shelley Duvall is really beyond the pale.  

The entire Phil Family (Phamily?) makes me want to retch.

• Love 10
On 11/18/2016 at 0:25 PM, Princess Sparkle said:

I don't think I'm the first to bring him up but: fuck Dr. Phil.  He is exploitative by nature, but his most recent "special" with Shelley Duvall is really beyond the pale.  

Agree 100%.  Can't stand him or his family.  I was disgusted to see his wife selling a line of skin care on HSN.  Would not give any of them one cent of my money.

• Love 2
On 11/18/2016 at 0:25 PM, Princess Sparkle said:

I don't think I'm the first to bring him up but: fuck Dr. Phil.  

I'm never home during weekdays, so I hadn't seen Dr. Phil on TV in years (lucky me!), other than the 8 or 9 year old reruns that are always airing on OWN.  Imagine my surprise when I caught one of his new episodes recently and saw that his face has been pulled so tight that his eyes are now just tiny slits in his head.  *shudder*

And while I won't say I can't stand her, I will say I find this Ruby Rose person annoying and pointless.  Every time I am trying to enjoy a nice trashy article on the Daily Mail's site about the Royal family or some British celebrity I've never heard of, there she is.  In a club, at the airport, cavorting on a beach, making out with her latest love interest.  Why?  She sucked on OITNB, so I don't get the fascination.

• Love 2

I've never heard him speak (out of character) but Benedict Cumberbatch's face pains me.. 

Could be because the first thing I saw him in was Atonement

Spoiler

in which he portrayed a chocolate heir/child-rapist.

tumblr_mrsstjHhsC1sxide8o1_250.gif   PaulMarshal.gif

tumblr_mhhngfx3Hg1r4mt8qo1_250.gif   Blech.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I've never heard him speak (out of character) but Benedict Cumberbatch's face pains me.. 

Could be because the first thing I saw him in was Atonement

Reveal hidden contents

in which he portrayed a chocolate heir/child-rapist.

tumblr_mrsstjHhsC1sxide8o1_250.gif   PaulMarshal.gif

tumblr_mhhngfx3Hg1r4mt8qo1_250.gif   Blech.

I've never seen Atonement, but ewwwwwwwwww.

The only thing I've liked him in is Small Island (it was the first time I'd ever seen him, and he was a secondary character) and Cabin Pressure, which is a radio series (Brilliant!). I am starting to tire of him; he's reaching severe overexposure levels to the point where he might become the next Jude Law to me (was in too much stuff and I started to actively avoid him).

Edited by Popples
Punctuation error
  • Love 3