Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Turn

yeswedo

Wow.  this must have been a very special episode to attract this many comments. 

Always a good idea, Rachel, to wear an open blouse to an inmate who has been incarcerated for 12 years.

So Mike accepts the deal.  Defense attorney:  "Mr. Ross, you stated under oath that your cellmate told you the details of the crime for which my client is accused, correct?  Mr. Ross, is it true that you pled guilty to fraudulently misrepresenting yourself as an attorney?  If you lied about being an attorney, why should we believe that you are not lying now?"

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Always a good idea, Rachel, to wear an open blouse to an inmate who has been incarcerated for 12 years.

So Mike accepts the deal.  Defense attorney:  "Mr. Ross, you stated under oath that your cellmate told you the details of the crime for which my client is accused, correct?  Mr. Ross, is it true that you pled guilty to fraudulently misrepresenting yourself as an attorney?  If you lied about being an attorney, why should we believe that you are not lying now?"

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also... why didn't Harvey just tell his plan to Cahill from the start - he probably would've agreed that was a good way to get Mike to talk.... since apparently Mike has no willpower and needs to see his fiancee after 2 weeks in prison and acts like he hasn't seen her in years.

• Love 3

This episode bored me.  It was all about Mike.  These two things are obviously related.  Even if he gets out early, what are they going to do with him?  It's not like he can be a lawyer, or even pretend to be one again.  

• Love 5

I can rarely watch live thanks to a crazy schedule but this Mike in prison plot is so terrible that I don't bother trying to squeeze it in before bed.

Gina Torres is gorgeous though. Trader guy isn't good enough for her.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

I love how both Rachel and Harvey seem to think the prison is some sort of hotel where guests can have visitors come and go as they please; and the staff is like the concierge who is there to serve them.

Yes, I'm fairly sure that lawyers can only visit during designated hours.

• Love 2

I'm enjoying the machinations within the firm to keep it going, and I enjoy seeing Donna, Lewis and Jessica. But I'm growing tired of Harvey, and I could not care less about Mike and Rachel. He's in prison. He did something bad. Yes, it's painful. That's the point of prison. Get over it. 

• Love 5

Since early last season, I've been watching this a day/few days later on dvr. I FFWD anything Rachel, jail, and Mike, only unless they're with Gretchen. Takes about 8 minutes per show, and I don't miss a thing.

• Love 3

Yep, as much as I have defended this show in the past, or stuck with it despite its downward spiral, this episode caused me more discomfort than enjoyment, and I just don't know what to think about where things are going.

There are parts I like. Actually, there are lots of things I like. I like Jessica showing Whatshisface who's boss. I like the firm's uphill struggle to regain their status. I like Rachel on The Innocence Project, and think it's a great storyline for her and a great angle on the justice system for a legal drama to examine. I like Louis and the architect. I even like the friendship Mike has developed with his cellmate. I think if these things could just breathe and have space to BE the story, this show could be downright watchable. But all this unnecessary lying and infighting and manipulating and shouting and pointless swearing... it's just unbearable. It's like they have all the potential positives of the season swirling around this giant awful black hole of suck that is this weirdly antagonistic Harvey/Mike relationship, where people who should have a deep connection based on real friendship can't seem to help each other at all, and just squabble like babies every time they talk. It's SO unsatisfying. If they want to keep the heart of the show the Mike/Harvey "bromance," then there needs to be some warmth in the relationship, because whatever else is happening, the M/H partnership is what anchors the show. It's been deliberately written that way. So when that partnership is discordant, the whole show feels painful to watch.

A few weeks ago, I brought up an interview where the showrunner said he was planning to bring the humour back this season. That has OBVIOUSLY not panned out. But in that same interview, he also said that he intended Mike to serve his full sentence, no tricks or shortcuts to get him out early. Which means that either this informant storyline is a massive, pointless detour, or the writers decided 3 episodes in to abandon their good ideas and go with whatever is cheap and easy. Because if they were to drop all this ridiculous "Get Mike out of prison!" melodrama, and just relax and explore the connections Mike is making in prison, and the way being inside has changed his relationships with Harvey and Rachel, and the way someone who knows the law extremely well and isn't afraid to confront injustice might affect the prison community, they might have something good on their hands. But this show seems pathologically afraid to dive deep. It just skims the surface of whatever story it chooses to tell and hopes the abundance of shouting, squabbling, and S-bombs gives the false impression that these storylines MEAN anything. They don't. And it drives me up the wall.

• Love 7

I think the general fleeing from this show should bolster anybody thinking about reviving LA Law! I hope Jessica and Gretchen head west and start a new series. Louis and Donna can do guest shots for hijinx-and-hilarity-ensue moments, like once a month if they must...

At one point in the past, other than Justified this was must see TV for me. But damn it's become unwatchable. It was always on the cusp of far fetched story lines but now it's no better than some daytime soap show with story arcs that are not only unrealistic but boring.

• Love 5

The only USA series that I loved right until the end was Monk.  Most of the others seemed to really go downhill once/if they made it past 5 or 6 seasons.  (I've stopped even watching the last season of Burn Notice when I do a rewatch.)  

Harvey really needs a hobby.  Maybe there is room on the Innocence Project for him?     

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tessaray said:

The only USA series that I loved right until the end was Monk.  Most of the others seemed to really go downhill once/if they made it past 5 or 6 seasons.  (I've stopped even watching the last season of Burn Notice when I do a rewatch.)  

Harvey really needs a hobby.  Maybe there is room on the Innocence Project for him?     

Monk season 7 was.... painful. I loved Monk through season 6.

7 was just horrible with the treatment of Disher. 8 was okay, though.

I love Psych through the end.

Suits is a shaky show for USA - it is between their Blue Skies period and the "sodark" period, where they tried things like Rush and Saisfaction. So Suits has had a bit of a rough go at things.

Harvey does need a hobby, though. Have him collect doilies.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, CaptainCranky said:

This current episode and the comments show me that apathy has set in. In the past there might be at least one page of comments critiquing the show and this is only the fourth comment.

The problem for me is really outside of Louis, I don't care about anybody's stories.  If not for Louis, I probably would have dropped the show, but Rick Hoffman continues to be awesome.  Go Louis, date the architect, get your happy ending.

• Love 3

So nothing's gonna come of Harvey's sad mom story or giving up his painting?

Every time they say "Gallo", all I expect to hear is, "Did you say Jerry Gallo? With a G? .. Jerry Gallo's dead."  "I'm Jerry Callo. C-A-L-L-O!"

Oh look, Rachel's a special snowflake again who can just waltz into the teacher's lounge instead of waiting for office hours like everyone else. The man's been on death row 12 years, another 3 hours won't make a damned bit of difference.

• Love 8

I wish I could be in the writer's room when they break these stories, just so I can shake my head at the stupidity.

"Harvey will convince Cahill to convince the prison warden to have his employees drug an inmate, so that they can fake him being poisoned and give him a plausible reason to be removed from the prison so Cahill can try and convince him to inform on his cellmate, but not tip off anyone that something's up!"

Yes! Now everyone's committing felonies!!! 

And they must have mentioned Mike's sentence is only 2 years at least three times this episode, yet he's been in there less than two weeks (if that) and they're all acting like its a life sentence. Even with the imminent threats against him, seems a bit overdramatic.

Anyone want to take bets that somehow Rachel's amnesty project case will coincidentally be involved with whatever this case that Mike is supposed to inform on is?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

I wish I could be in the writer's room when they break these stories, just so I can shake my head at the stupidity.

"Harvey will convince Cahill to convince the prison warden to have his employees drug an inmate, so that they can fake him being poisoned and give him a plausible reason to be removed from the prison so Cahill can try and convince him to inform on his cellmate, but not tip off anyone that something's up!"

Yes! Now everyone's committing felonies!!! 

And they must have mentioned Mike's sentence is only 2 years at least three times this episode, yet he's been in there less than two weeks (if that) and they're all acting like its a life sentence. Even with the imminent threats against him, seems a bit overdramatic.

Anyone want to take bets that somehow Rachel's amnesty project case will coincidentally be involved with whatever this case that Mike is supposed to inform on is?

Yeah, the drugging Mike thing was ridiculous. Why not just do something a bit more plausible like "Well, Pearson Specter Litt decided to hold a 'Mike has been gone for 2 weeks' party and they wanted Mike to cut the cake!" or "Let's put Mike in solitary, but release him to the custody of this federal prosecutor and not his lawyer, because that is a stupid idea."

Rachel's Innocence Project case will lead to one of a few things:

1. She learns a SECRET about her father's/mothers/Jessica's past.

2. She learns something about Mike's cellmate that she'll be able to tell Mike so he can leverage him to spill the beans.

3. She learns that Columbia is actually Harvard.

• Love 3

Admitting I haven't watched this yet, although I was going to, but I just couldn't bring myself to do same.

I think I'm actually finally done with the show. Even Jessica,  Gretchen and Louis can't hold me at this point.

So, just have to say, I wanted to throw something at my teevee every time Harvey genuflected at the altar of Saint Mike and how "Mike went to prison so we didn't have to."

Maybe he did, but Mike is not innocent. Also, now acting like he hates Harvey's guts is disingenuous, at the least. Harvey and the big lie are the only reason he has his precious Rachel, the only reason he was able to buy a house, the only reason he had money and the only reason he had gainful employment. The entire firm was at risk every day of Mike's lousy existence as a pretend lawyer. So while he took a deal so he could save the firm, it was the least he owed them. They're in the position they're in right now because: Mike. The end.

• Love 3

I like the first episode of the season, but it has really gone straight downhill from there.

I can't stand Mike.  He is a little entitled bitch.  And, what a FABULOUS idea to get the real criminal asshole out on parole so that he's no longer a danger to Mike or his cellie!  I mean, soooo smart!!  Who cares about the innocent public that he will be inflicted on when MIKE is in danger!

And along those same lines, I want to punch Mike in the throat every time he disparages Harvey for putting that guy away in the first place.  Like Harvey put away a sweet and innocent man and should therefore be reviled for doing so without thinking of the fact that, in the future, his precious Mike would be in the same prison with him. Goddammit Harvey!

I used to want to be Donna.  Now I just want Donna to shut the fuck up.  Meghan Markle is very beautiful, but I hate Rachel with the passion of a thousand suns. 

Jessica is still gorgeous and fabulous.  I still like Louis and would love for him to get a happy ending.  But I do wish they would write him better/consistent.  Gretchen is amazing, but ill-used (as in not at all).

I adore Gabriel Macht, but watching him now is fucking painful.  He is now completely incompetent and cares only about Mike.  

It's disgusting, really, how badly they have destroyed this show and the characters I've loved, enjoyed, and/or tolerated.  

• Love 4
On ‎4‎.‎8‎.‎2016 at 8:57 AM, Dowel Jones said:

Yes, and that's only a beginning. After that, he must his whole life be afraid of revenge. 

I can't undestand how Rachel can respect Mike, still less Mike himself, if he wins his freedom by informing.

Well, maybe I undestand if we were told more about his cellmate. Now we know only that he knows something about his father-in-law.