Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E18: The Widowmaker (2)

• Start Topic

Sig fights to survive a massive heart attack. Bill learns a dark secret about his son Zack. On the Corneila Marie, Josh fights to prove himself. Jake learns a valuable lesson and Johnathan appeals to the gods.

Sig is gonna Sig.  "I'm not dying, let's do the interview."   Well actually you WERE dying Sig.   That whole heart not working was not good to hear.    And Sig was all "I'm not giving up fishing."   Phil seemed to be recovering until he was told no more fishing.    That's these guys lives.  Jake better calm down or he will be facing his own stress heart attack in a few years.

But it is their lives, not necessarily their kids.   I think Wild Bill needs to accept that his son does not want to be a captain.   This does not make him a failure.   Or means he loves his dad less.   It means he wants to do something different.   Wild Bill needs to let his son know he will love him even if he doesn't take captain's chair.

Captain Sean and his Mom were all kinds of awesome.   

Laughing my ass off at "born, bred and cornfed to fish" coming in under quota.   Guess he had a hot date in town and didn't want to be sure about the count.

• Love 4

Um Bill, maybe Zack is his mother's son because you weren't there.  Maybe Zack isn't more like you because you weren't there.  Maybe Zack didn't care about private school and nannies.  Bill doesn't understand why Zach isn't anything like him.  You can't be expected to be like someone who you haven't spent much time with.  I wonder how old Zack was when his parents divorced and how much time Bill spent with Zach after that.  I understand that Bill wanted to give Zack an opportunity but before that's going to succeed, he has to get know and understand his son.   And yeah, Zack is not perfect but a father/child relationship is not equal.   As a father, he is the one that needs to take the lead on that and make more of an effort to understand his child.  Zack would be better off working for someone else for a while.

I know Sig's heart attack was serious but how many times did we have to see it....between last week's episode, The Bait and then this episode.  Enough already.  I am glad he's ok and you could see the worry on Edgar's and Nick's faces.  Especially Edgar.

Yeah, it was awesome to see Sean with his mom.  And the a little bit awkward sister hug. 

Gosh, I like Jon so much more than I use to.

I just don't care that much about Jake and Josh.

I still don't understand why they still do the crab count.  It actually is a kind of useless thing because each boat has its own quota. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I wonder how old Zack was when his parents divorced

The Washington State court sysem website indicates that a William J Wichrowski divorced in 1992 and 1995.  These may be seperate William J Wichrowski's

• Love 1

Sig looked grumpy on that stretcher. He just wants to fish, darn it!!!! He's gonna have to go through some massive lifestyle changes after this. And poor Edgar, you could tell he was worried just by how twitchy he was. and Nick, come on! Sig's obviously suffering but you just tell him to calm down and get something to eat?? Where was Norm in all this? And I think this is the first time I've ever seen Sig's other daughter. She's so tall! I didn't realize Mandy was so short compared to her mom and sis!

Out of the bunch I'd say Jake is definitely the next in line for a possible heart attack/stroke if he doesn't manage the stress and his temper better. Proud of him for staying calm tonight, though. 30,000 lbs shy isn't all that bad with the short notice they were given.

Zack is totally his mother's child. You could tell that from day one. Wild Bill needs to accept that Zack is nothing like him. It's been obvious for a number of years that he doesn't want to be a captain but wanted to please his dad. Didn't he join the crew to basically spend time with his dad in the first place? It had nothing to do with wanting to be a crab fisherman or anything of the sort if I recall it correctly. But then again, it's been a while so my memory could totally be fuzzy.

Sean and the Brenna A have definitely been a bright spot this year. I loved how chill they were and Sean is extremely likable and sensible to boot. He's a definite keeper.

and I'm glad that momma 'possum Johnathan got a good end to his season. The mohawks worked their magic. A $60,000 cut is great! I don't like clowns either, Jon! They freak me out!

Looks like Josh's luck ran out. *cackles*. I feel like Casey could sense that they were going to end up short. 

Glad that Monte and the Wizard finished strong. 

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 4

The odds I would have given that we would hear over and over and over about the Hansen nephew as a greenie.  We got zero payoff.  Amazing.  Not even a mention when he was hugging Sig.  Man.  When Disco gets the story it wants, that is it.  Nothing else need apply.

There was tragic irony in the TH Victor gave as he took the helm.  he spoke of grave concern for Sig and how the job is wicked demanding and not good for one's health.  Then he immediately lights up a cig.  Great TV.  Horrible implications.

What an immense difference on the TB, as opposed to the Wizard last season (season before that?) when the skipper and Freddie decided it was Mohawk time!  Good for them.  You won't hear me doubting the mysterious ways and means and superstitions of the seaman on the Bering Sea.  No sirree, Bob.

Just once, I'd like to get the straight story about cannery shenanigans.  Did the CM and Saga not have offload dates/times before they left the harbor?   Do those contracts allow the canneries to simply demand early drops?  Were they offering Jake and Josh a premium price for an early offload?  We've been given all different stories about this whole dance through the seasons.  WTH is the reality???

It may be cliche.  It may be cheesy.  It may be sappy.  But not for a moment do I doubt the patriotic pride that courses through the veins of the Hillstrands and crew.  Changing out the frayed flag and the sentiments behind it all rang 100% true, and awesome, for me.  YMMV. 

• Love 8

Earlier in the year didn't Josh have the same situation with concern over weight.  Casey wanted to fish longer and Josh didn't.  It worked out that time, barely.  This time again Josh was probably going for the drama and blew it. 

• Love 1

I'm actually surprised with the lack of time they spent on Sig's heart attack. I mean, they spent time on it, but I was expecting a very Sig/NW heavy episode. Anyways, I still can't believe they didn't show Norm at all (not counting the very end) or the nephew (who I had completely forgotten about up to this point?) we got lots of Nick though. *shrugs*

I cackled at Casey's, "he kinda started applying himself." I feel like that's some lowkey shade on Casey's part. It only took how many years? :P

Sean and his momma are precious.

I'm also surprised we didn't see any of the captain's reactions to Sig's heart attack (in show--I don't watch The Bait, so I don't know if they dwelled on it at all there). Granted, I guess it's none of their business, but I'm so used to seeing all their reactions to news like that. 

This leaves us some questions for the next season (if this show gets renewed):

-will Zack be back? Also, what about Nick? He showed initiative to do captain stuff, so will Bill let him try to do more captain-y stuff? I don't know.

-how much longer until Casey cuts the leash completely with Josh, or are they forever glued to the hip until this show is cancelled?

-this probably means more Edgar in the wheel house. Hopefully.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, merylinkid said:

But it is their lives, not necessarily their kids.   I think Wild Bill needs to accept that his son does not want to be a captain.   This does not make him a failure.   Or means he loves his dad less.   It means he wants to do something different.   Wild Bill needs to let his son know he will love him even if he doesn't take captain's chair.

I agree, but I kept wondering, if Zack doesn't want to be a captain, and he knows that is what his father wants, then why is he even on the boat?  Why didn't he tell his father in the beginning that he's "his mother's son" and wants to do something else?  I think Bill believed that Zack wanted to be a captain, so either Zack wants to be a captain and just not work with his father, or he doesn't want it at all.  If he's one the boat next year, I'll be confused.

Does Bill have any other children?  I wonder what type of father he would be to a daughter.

• Love 1

Did you see the handwritten message on the side of Casey's coffee cup:  "I used to be the boss."  I'd love to hear the story behind that.

Haven't watched the whole episode yet, but Sig's heart attack was so scary.  I hope he makes the lifestyle changes necessary to be as healthy as he can.  The doctor was very straightforward; the damaged muscle will not heal.  Scary.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HoodlumSheep said:

-how much longer until Casey cuts the leash completely with Josh, or are they forever glued to the hip until this show is cancelled?

I'm gonna go with joined at the hip.  They said (on The Bait I think) that Josh and Casey are looking to do what they do on the Time Bandit.  Both "captains" are on board, but one is in charge for one trip and the other in charge for the other trip. 

For the length of the show, I agree.  After that, Casey's already laid the groundwork to take over.  Not that I'd expect Josh to stick around, anyway if he's not being filmed.  I wish we knew what happened when they come in short.  They didn't get all their quota -- I think I understand if they CAN'T fish because of illness, or whatever, that another person in the syndicate they belong to can pick up the slack and spread over many boats, it all evens out.  But I don't think they explained why the CM couldn't just turn around and head back out and do what they should have done before coming in in the first place.  Was the season over (in which case did they stiff their quota owners? or just the boat owners?)

Sig had the worst kind of heart attack, suffered a lot of residual damage to his heart muscle from the length of time required to get to town... but it's not like he had quadruple or quintuple bypass surgery or anything.  In a way it's scarier because if there were blockages in other arteries they'd go in and stent them and be reasonably assured that he was okay for the time being, but with plaque rupture it's much harder to predict.  

On the other hand, he didn't have his chest cracked open, 6 hours of surgery and a year of cardiac rehab to follow. Frankly, I was expecting something a LOT more dramatic than what happened -- the thrombolytics he got in Dutch worked.  I thought the doctor's bedside manner sucked, but I suppose she may speak more harshly to certain kinds of men to get past their denial.  

It amazed me that these guys didn't know to chew aspirin in case of a heart attack (I'm surprised the ambulance dispatch/EMS people did not advise that... or did they?)  It's easy enough to have on board and with so many middle aged walking time bombs these guys should be prepared!

I was relieved that they had the sense to have the ambulance meet them at the dock -- way too many people lose time driving to the hospital.  If you're having a heart attack, they can interupt it in the ambulance, so CALL THE AMBULANCE!

• Love 2

I think the main source of tension between Bill and Zach is that Bill seems to have a hard time hearing what Zach says. Zach stated something along the lines of not liking the way he is talked to when he comes to the wheelhouse. Bill apparently interpreted that as his son saying he resents the years Bill spent away from the family, that he ruined his chance at being a father for the sake of money, and that Bill wasted that time and any time with Zach on the boat because the damage was done. I don't get the impression from Zach that he resents Bill; I do think he doesn't like being spoken to like he's an idiot or openly mocked when he doesn't meet Bill's expectations. No one likes that. Until they can find a way to communicate without it being seen as an attack, it seems unlikely that they'll find a way to work together without tension. It's a shame considering Zach has demonstrated he's learning more about the boat and has run it for other fisheries (I think I heard that somewhere) and did well.

• Love 4

Bill's sadness, and it was wrenchingly and excellently stated by him throughout the ep, is that Zach does not have a demonstrated passion for fishing.  That has not a thing to do with him being an absent father.  Zach simplt does not have it in his gut.

When I decided what I wanted to do, tough words and criticisms were a good thing!  Why?  Because it meant I was being seen and someone cared enough to teach the better way.  Hearing "No?"  That was the beginning, not the end.  I was going to break into the industry I chose.  Period.  

I asked why I was picked up by a MAJOR company in the field from a large group of candidates.  I was told it was because every time they looked up, there I was, hoping and asking for more.  I can assure you I am not that smart, nor that good-looking or sociable.  I did want it more than anyone else.

This is how it's been in competitive industries forever, along with rampant nepotism.  This is why Bill is supremely annoyed.  Zach has that "in!"  All he has to do is demonstrate passion.  This is not to condemn Zach as a person.  Here is where I believe the tragic miscommunication lies.  Bill has got to do a better job of accepting Zach and of reassuring him that he is OK just as he is - no fishing required.

Just contrast with Jake and with Sean and yes, Sig.  Zach ain't got it.  Time to move on.  Instead, what are we getting?  Appearances on The Bait and a lot of mealy-mouthed  Josh Harris-style platitudes.        

• Love 5

Bill, tell both Nick and Zach that you're willing to answer any question, at anytime (within reason), about captaining the new boat and let them have time in the chair when it's possible.  Then put your effort into who shows up (Nick).  Don't berate Zach if he doesn't, just train who does.  Then Zach will either see that his opportunity is slipping into Nicks hands and it will motivate him, or he'll be content to stay on deck and let Nick take over.   This puts the ball in Zach's court and gets rid of the nagging from Bill.  I think this will wind up with Nick at the helm, who I believe deserves it more.  Zack is playing passive aggressive games.  If he has issues with his dad (even if rightfully so), then why work for him, in a very dangerous profession, only to ignore what he says because you're pissed about your childhood. 

Did I hear Jake say they could "Hang their heads high"?  Lol

• Love 3

A couple of years ago, Zach was all eager to learn how to be a captain and Bill was his usual self to him telling him that it wasn't going to be handed to him just because he was the Captain's son, that Zach still had a lot to learn, and he wasn't even close to ready.  At that point, Zach backed off.  Now Zach is getting shit because he's not bounding up the stairs like a puppy each day saying "Teach me! Teach me!"  He really can't win with Bill.  I generally like Bill, but not when it comes to Zach.

Overall, I think that Bill is tone deaf about how things are between the two of them from the past.  While I, from the outside, can see that Bill thought he was doing the right thing by working as hard as he could to be sure that Zach had everything he could want (as far as we know from the show), that doesn't mean that it's the way Zach saw it, or felt it growing up.  And, for Zach, that's what he needs to be able to come to terms with.  I think Zach is doing his best to do that, and really pretty much does want to put the past behind them and work on being father/son in whatever way that looks like today, but, you can't really do that if both sides don't at least acknowledge that shit might have gone wrong in the past.  It doesn't have to be a long drawn out thing, but at least some awareness and a willingness to say, listen, I thought I was doing the best thing for you, but looking back, if I could do it again, I would make different choices, and I'm sorry for that.  Bill won't go there, he just pulls the "well I'm sorry that I was busy working to give you this" or "you are totally your mother's child" BS and it just reopens whatever damage there is.  

• Love 7

Yep, I agree.  It seems no matter what Zack does, he just can't win with Bill.  I think part of it is that he just has a different personality than Bill.  Definitely more quiet and introverted.  And of course, Bill is pretty much the opposite of that.   Also, I think another part of is, I think Zack doesn't want to wind up like Bill -- being away from his family and possibly having a child who would resent him from being away from the family for so many months out of the year.

I did get this from Wild Bill's Twitter.  Seems like Zack is captaining a boat now after all:

"Flash, last nights action happened mid March... It's August.  Zack is running the new boat"

• Love 3

They said something in The Bait about Zack running a boat in the summer, so I'm not surprised. That's not crab fishing, though, and it's not captaining a boat in the Bering Sea in the winter. That sea is a different beast in the winter.

• Love 1

I think something specific happened between them off-season.  What, I have no idea.  But the Zach on the Bait last year was much more upbeat and talkative and seemed more invested in moving to the wheelhouse, and Bill seemed happy about it, like there was a long way to go yet, but they'd turned a corner since that season when Zach was badmouthing him on deck.    

That whole scene this week with the unspoken hostility -- seemed like they were both dancing around something they both knew was the real issue, but wouldn't address on camera.  And I don't think it's as simple as "do you want it or not" - they've had that conversation a million times.   Maybe they had a fight.  Maybe it wasn't about fishing. I have no idea, but whatever it was didn't start on this trip -- whatever it was is the reason why Zach was passive aggressively annoying Bill by retreating. The only real power he has over his father is the ability to aggravate him on camera.  

I wish Zach had stood up for his mother.  Hopefully he did so off camera.   

Edited by kassa
  • Love 2

I, too, noticed Zach acting all buddy-buddy and content on The Bait.  It would be great if that were a true reflection of a passion for fishing the Bering Sea.  The problem is something as deep-seated in a given character is not like an on/off switch.  You've either got it, or you don't.  

The rush of legitimate and earned success, as Josh experienced, is not the same animal as what his dad, and Sig, and Keith, and Jake A., and Bill always had.  

If Zach really is his momma's boy, and it is more likely than not that he is, the odds are he does not have the make-up to be a Bering captain.  That does not make him a bad person.  I do wish that family all the best.

I think Bill and Zach are two very different people.  Bill is more outgoing, Zach more introverted and quiet.  Bill sees Zach as not wanting to be a crab boat captain, but Bill is applying his own behavior onto his son, who is not as extroverted as Bill.

As I watched this show, I wondered if Discovery knows the clock might be ticking with this series.  They introduced "Deadliest Catch:  Dungeon Cove, after the season finale (at least they did on demand), so I wonder if Discovery is ready to put this series to bed.  I mean Phil's dead; I don't know if Sig will come back next season; Andy was gone this whole season; Keith was a mess.  I watched mostly for the TB, but they hardly showed it.  I wasn't too impressed by Sean; Jake A really needs to chill out, and Josh needs to...well, I don't know.

I just wonder if these captains are getting tired of being on TV, so I guess I'll have to see what happens next season.

• Love 2

They may be tired of being on TV, but it's less likely they're tired of the big, fat checks they're getting from Disco.  Crab season payouts depend on whether you find crabs.  Filming payouts just depend on whether the cameras are on the boat.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

They may be tired of being on TV, but it's less likely they're tired of the big, fat checks they're getting from Disco.  Crab season payouts depend on whether you find crabs.  Filming payouts just depend on whether the cameras are on the boat.

And they're not just getting the TV money. Some, maybe all, are also cashing in on merchandising. Hats, shirts, hoodies, jackets, all kinds of stuff avaliable at the various official Web sites. Actually, I found some of the stuff on the sites pretty interesting. I wouldn't have known about Keith being trained as a classical chef - with his own line of spices, rubs, sauces - or that Jonathan has written and illustrated children's books on the market. Course, there's the commercials.

• Love 2

I must admit . . . when we went to Homer, Alaska my primary goal was to get to the Time Bandit store.  Yep, I dropped quite a few bucks there.  But I still treasure my TB hat (autographed by Johnathan himself), as well as the shirt and other souvenirs I bought there.  The biggest thrill, though, was to see the Time Bandit with my own eyes while it was in drydock in Kodiak.  And we saw it on our next cruise in Ketchikan harbor.

I'm such a DC geek.

• Love 8
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:34 PM, WookieeCookieez said:

I think the main source of tension between Bill and Zach is that Bill seems to have a hard time hearing what Zach says. Zach stated something along the lines of not liking the way he is talked to when he comes to the wheelhouse. Bill apparently interpreted that as his son saying he resents the years Bill spent away from the family, that he ruined his chance at being a father for the sake of money, and that Bill wasted that time and any time with Zach on the boat because the damage was done. I don't get the impression from Zach that he resents Bill; I do think he doesn't like being spoken to like he's an idiot or openly mocked when he doesn't meet Bill's expectations. No one likes that. Until they can find a way to communicate without it being seen as an attack, it seems unlikely that they'll find a way to work together without tension. It's a shame considering Zach has demonstrated he's learning more about the boat and has run it for other fisheries (I think I heard that somewhere) and did well.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:27 PM, brgjoe said:

Yep, I agree.  It seems no matter what Zack does, he just can't win with Bill.

The thing that drives me bats is that Bill seems to continually set up "tests" for his son, with the expectation that he will fail. The deal last week where he set the trap to see who would race first to the wheelhouse, etc.  "Oh, there's a mechanical failure - let's see who jumps in to fix it." Every week, it seems there is some new test designed to see just how badly  Zach wants this.  I hate when people do that!  The communication between the two is in need of serious work, it would appear, and I agree that both their lives may be better if they separated work and "home" life.

• Love 6

Yes, Bill is continually making up these tests that Zach doesn't even know he's participating in, so how can he possibly succeed at them?  Yet, if Zach voices an issue he has with Bill, whether the past or the present, Bill gets pissed and is basically like "I don't know what you want from me, either you want to be a captain or you don't"  I haven't ever seen Zach try to test Bill as a father, like if he really felt bad about the past, he'd do x now, or whatever, all I see is Zach trying to figure out where he stands today and how to move forward with someone who keeps shifting the bar and also refusing to acknowledge that while he thought he was doing the best thing at the time, it turns out that it was a mistake.  

• Love 3

When one is testing character, one must create stresses which force the core person to come out.  You can't tell the one being tested that the point is to see how "rah rah" he is, or how well he adapts to serious/perilous situations.

Being a Bering captain requires a certain breed and mentality.  If one does not have passion on top of innate qualities, one best not be put in a wheelhouse.

It really and truly is a matter of life and death.

Absolutely agree.  But when it starts affecting the father/son relationship, I think you'd want to stop and prioritize. Comments above about Zach working on a different boat may be right on.  Maybe they have a good relationship, but from what we see, it just seems to be a way of stoking the fires.

I don't think Bill is really testing Zach's character, though.  I mean, I'm sure he THINKS he is, but, it seems to me that what he's actually doing is playing mind games with him.  Zach has been crab fishing with him for several years now (I'm too lazy too check the actual number).  He has stepped up and become the engineer on the boat, demonstrating an interest in learning more and taking ownership.  He doesn't get involved in the petty shit if the rest of the crew is acting up, he goes out there, does his job and does whatever else needs to be done, and has for years.  A few seasons back, he WAS really pushing to learn more about being a captian, to do more in the wheelhouse, etc, and Bill told him that he had to earn it, nothing was going to be handed to him just because he was the captain's son.  And, so Zach went back to working hard and trying to earn things.  

And now, all of a sudden Bill is pissy because Zach isn't jumping up and down saying "Pick me! Pick me!"?  He flat out told him that doing so wouldn't work, but now he is expecting that of him?  That doesn't make sense at all.  Zach is doing exactly what Bill told him to do, and yet that's STILL not the right thing.  Bill isn't testing his character, he's playing Charlie Brown football with him.  

At the same time, he keeps holding Nick over Zach's head, which is also crap, because Nick has been a problem multiple times, and hasn't demonstrated that he is reliable enough to be a captain.  Yet, suddenly Bill is saying it's Nick or Zach?

• Love 5

So tonight we get to see Sig's trauma of whether or not Sig will come back.   Sig needs to let to let go.  Edgar can run the boat.  Maybe Sig needs to look inside himself.  He doesn't want to quit smoking but yet he can't see what he has put Edgar through because of Edgar's demons.

Then we have the legend of the Northwestern.  Edgar gets a hernia.  Yet Sig needs to say that he doesn't think Edgar is 100 percent dedicated to the boat.  Sorry Sig but Edgar had a serious diagnosed hernia situation.  That was the real situation yet you tried to spin it into something else. 

I get that Edgar has screwed up in the past but Sig just refuses to accept the fact that his brother has had serious medical consequences because of being on the deck for decades including neck and other conditions.  Conditions that Sig has never had to deal with because he didn't spend those years on deck himself.

Sorry but I just don't have a whole lot of sympathy for Sig because he doesn't have any sympathy for others.

• Love 1

Yeah, I was initially taken aback by Sig's behavior with Edgar over the hernia issue, but wasn't it triggered by the fact that Edgar had been pushing himself physically doing other stuff before the season, then didn't cop to it until they were out at sea?  I think it was the "do what you want, damn the consequences, deal with the rest later" part of Edgar's behavior that triggered the old resentments.  

I have an uncle who had a terrible back injury.  It was bad enough for surgery.  48 hours after back surgery, he got drunk and went sledding with his buddies.  He spent the rest of his life bemoaning his rotten luck at being "injured."  Yes, his pain was real, and the injury was real... but sympathy tendered was always tinged with "typical."

There were a few Sig/Edgar conversations in the past two seasons that hinted at much darker stuff than they let on before.  Just like the scene with Bill and Zack, there was a subtext of "we both know EXACTLY what we're not talking about here while we talk about this other thing."

I don't actually think Sig is that concerned about Edgar running the boat in the sense of taking it out, or even taking it out and finding crab.  He's done it, and he runs the boat up and back all the time.  He trusts him with the boat. (Not to mention Norm is also perfectly capable of running it.)  He doesn't trust him to handle the business side, so all of that pressure is on him.  To my knowledge Norm doesn't do that end of it, either.  So to Sig, stepping up because you want to run the boat also means doing all the paperwork, and doing it to Sig's standards.  (Remember the Coast Guard being impressed with Jake A's log books, and him giving credit to that being the way Sig made him do it?)

It stinks to see somebody kicked when they're down, but I'm sure in Sig's experience, he's been singlehandedly holding the whole thing up for 25 years and hasn't gotten any genuine relief, despite lots of talk about doing so.  

Edited by kassa
  • Love 1

Now the succession of the NW is an all-too real consideration.  It appears that Jake A. is not a real choice.  Mandy would be, but she has bigger fish to fry.  It looks like there'll just be a sale of the operation with the proceeds to be divided in Sig's estate.  Unless Sig identifies his heir to the chair soon, this piece of Hansen tradition is in real jeopardy.

Actually, Edgar got the hernia when he was running the boat in the summertime and it popped when he was moving one of the flexible pumping pipes for the salmon.  He went to the clinic and he was told he needed surgery.  He called Sig and told him.  Sig comes up and starts in on Edgar about it always being something with him and doubted that he was not 100 percent dedicated to the boat.  That was uncalled for in that situation.  I think Sig takes a lot out on Edgar that isn't deserved.  From what I've seen, Edgar has been dedicated to the boat for the last 12 seasons with the exception of the one year he took off and that wasn't about drugs.  It was about having a beat up body.  And yeah, he did come back to the boat two seasons ago even though he had a slipped disk in his neck.  But he couldn't win with Sig on that either.  Sig's attitude was why are you here if you have this problem?  Sig's pissed at Edgar if he says he has to leave because he's injured and he's pissed at Edgar if he doesn't.

• Love 1

There wasn't a thread for the Sig Hansen Legacy episode.  Did anyone watch it?  I got to thinking after it was over, that for a guy who would probably walk out if he came in to an intervention, framing one as an episode certainly did the same thing.  

• Love 1