Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 08/01/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

34 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Next week's shows are "new," but in past years they've been a mishmosh of pretaped segments thrown together. I think reruns start the week after this.

NEW  S19, E223  Actor Simon Helberg; Alessia Cara performs.

Sara again lets her vulnerability show...the girl is sooooo needy!  She was upset because her husband went to the gym alone while she was pregnant?  Good way to lose him - he'll tire of her clinging on to him the way she does.  Every time she gets personal, she sounds like she's 12 years old.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Sara again lets her vulnerability show...the girl is sooooo needy!  She was upset because her husband went to the gym alone while she was pregnant?  Good way to lose him - he'll tire of her clinging on to him the way she does.  Every time she gets personal, she sounds like she's 12 years old.

I get the feeling that Sara was not expecting marriage and babies to be hard work....I do think that she is too needy at times and I hope that once the newness of being a mother goes away that she will get it together..I like her because she is not as aggressive as the others...She is kind, respectful and is not strident in her opinions and demeanor...

• Love 5

wonder if NEW = Live?   Because the only thing worse than this show live, in my opinion, is this show taped. 

New did not equal Live today. Gosh both CCB and airhead Sara Haines.  Why did I think they purposely didn't have them on together? or they haven't done it much.

So I assume no more live shows until next season??  I'll bet the musical chairs will continue with CCB, Jediasdfghjkl, Raven and Paul floating in and out. We will never know who is going to show up.

• Love 1

I missed the first 10 minutes. I tuned in just as Whoopi was being extra obnoxious with Candace. "You all heard her say it--I'm right!" And then for some reason she threw a fit when Joy was talking about finding a hair.

I agree that Sara's needy, but I do find her insecurities relatable to some extent. You can see Whoopi and Raven both clench their mouths and preparing to take her to task whenever she talks about her relationship, like either one of them have any room to lecture her on the subject. Do either one of them have a successful relationship/marriage?

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 6

Had to chuckle to myself because for the first five minutes of the show I was wondering who was the guest cohost.  Turns out it was Candace, and I haven't seen her in so long that I didn't even recognize her.  But then I guess she'll be back for the new season...why bother?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Whoopi-"Feminists, watch yourself!"

Me-"No, Whoopi. You watch your damn self with your non-identifying as a feminist, but happily enjoying the fruits of feminism shit."

Yeah.  I shut the TV off when I heard that.  Whoopi - a feminist is quite simply someone who believes that men and women deserve equal rights, pay, and opportunities.  Are you saying you DON'T believe that?  

• Love 5

Unfortunately, it appears as though Raven does not understand the difference between having a smart mouth and being intelligent.  

She seems to struggle with where she belongs...should she sit at the kid's table and have the smartest mouth or be at the adult's table and sound not so intelligent. It's a real dilemma ;she probably has not had to deal with in real life since she was the bread winner of the family for a very long time and was not challenged much. She was probably given a lot of respect for having a smart mouth.  In many ways simila to Whoopi's view of life.  

I'm intrigued by how Raven acts towards Joy, someone old enough to be her grandmother.  Raven becomes so angry, hostile and disrespectful...I watch dumbfounded.  She has a difficult time having a discussion, her similarities in communication styles with Whoopi are quite interesting. 

• Love 7

Calling BS on Whoopi and her heels not bothering her and  how she loves them.   She never has heels on like most wear in the industry, because you can't wear thick striped socks with those babies. 

I have to say what  a cute funny guy Simon Helberg is. 

Why why when they are discussing something like parenting rather discussing it with the panel she has to turn to the camera and set us all straight according to how her mother set her laid it all out as she did with her daughter. Another giant BS. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typing with thumbs on I pad
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Calling BS on Whoopi and her heels not bothering her and  how she loves them.   I don't she has every ad heels on like most wear in the industry, because you can't wear thick striped socks with those babies. 

I have to say what  a cute funny guy Simon Helberg is. 

Why why when they are discussing something like parenting rather discussing it with the panel she has to turn to the camera and set us all straight according to how her mother set her laid it all out as she did with her daughter. Another giant BS. 

Total BS.  Again, she does not allow discussion, she lectures  

I acknowledge I love Joy, always have and don't see changing that sentiment.  I have heard Whoopi put down Joy's parenting style many times to the point of  having mocked Eve as "a perfect child", with a wink and a snear.  Joy has just let it go because she has class and a strong ego. 

Whoopi does not seem to have enough insight to acknowledge that what she preaches to be her reality just doesn't add up.  She talks about her mom having such control over her as she was growing up yet she dropped out of school at a very young age ( with a mom who was an educator), she became a drug addict and Welfare mom who left the East Coast and her support system.  Her daughter also left school at an early age and became a parent before she was fifteen .  All under the care/control of the matriarchs.  Whoopi has said many times that she supports her whole family which leads me to believe that her daughter may not be able to support her own children 

i realize that one can say there is a lot of judgement, classism, etc in the above.  I accept that, own it...

• Love 20
30 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Total BS.  Again, she does not allow discussion, she lectures  

I acknowledge I love Joy, always have and don't see changing that sentiment.  I have heard Whoopi put down Joy's parenting style many times to the point of  having mocked Eve as "a perfect child", with a wink and a snear.  Joy has just let it go because she has class and a strong ego. 

Whoopi does not seem to have enough insight to acknowledge that what she preaches to be her reality just doesn't add up.  She talks about her mom having such control over her as she was growing up yet she dropped out of school at a very young age ( with a mom who was an educator), she became a drug addict and Welfare mom who left the East Coast and her support system.  Her daughter also left school at an early age and became a parent before she was fifteen .  All under the care/control of the matriarchs.  Whoopi has said many times that she supports her whole family which leads me to believe that her daughter may not be able to support her own children 

i realize that one can say there is a lot of judgement, classism, etc in the above.  I accept that, own it...

I love your post about Whoopie and she is truly insufferable....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
56 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Yes! I wish the cohosts would throw that in her face, but unfortunately, they have too much decorum.

She also rolls her eyes when Sunny and Paula talk about their relationships. Sunny and Paula have been married about 20 years each. Whoopi's marriages lasted less than half of that.

• Love 10

Poor Sara .... it sounds like she has to bargain with her husband for time to work out & lies to him when she stops to chat with someone.  It would appear that he's not crazy about spending time with his own child & gives Sara a hard time when she takes longer than "he expects".  I'm thinking, #1 I'd lie too & # 2 He's an asshole!!!  Just sayin'.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, hisbunkie said:

Yes, the discrepancy between WHoopi as the all-knowing sage, who will give no-nonsense parenting advice, and the reality of her situation, is mind-boggling.  WHoopi has said that her daughter decided to have a baby at age 14, that she was ready to make that decision, and Whoopi supported the choice. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Are all the shows this week prerecorded?  The past two episodes have been really boring.  I can't even bother to snark. 

When they're not talking politics & discussing mindless trivia, I'm assuming they're prerecorded.  I find it interesting though because the co-hosts are revealing their personal business (which is none of mine).  LOL.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Oh so high heels don't bother Miss Whoopi's back huh??  What about that stint she did in the hospital last year with her back then returned needing a special chair and was "highly" medicated?!  Huh Miss Whoopi??  

But a bra does?  Just wondering?

• Love 4

Just for the record, I wore at least a 2" heel from my late teens til I retired in my early sixties without any negative repercussions.  I switched heel heights from 2" to 3" on a regular basis & actually loved my collection of "heels".  (My only wish is to be 30 for about 6 months & be able to wear all the gorgeous shoes available now.  Bummer!!!)  By the way, I still like to throw on a pair when going out for dinner or dressy social occasions.

• Love 5

I hate these pretaped "new" shows -- but I am such a crybaby, I wept out loud when the young woman was given a scholarship today.

I feel like I did all through the movie Beaches. I knew it was manipulative, I knew I was being set up to cry. And still I cried buckets.

Hateful!

It is so weird to have all these things going on in Bizarro World (aka the 2016 Presidential campaign), and have the lead "hot topic" be something so banal that I can't even remember what it was right now.

• Love 1

Thanks guys for articulating what I was trying to spit out about Whoopi!!! She is suppose to be a moderator not an knowing lecturer whose opinion is FACT.  Quite frankly I'm sick of hearing how great she is in bed and her use of a vibrator. According to Whoopi gospel someone who really loves her should tell her to shut the Hell up and tell her ass is fat. 

• Love 8

Whoopie just cannot resist going after Paula, my goodness! She has to always counter what Paula says, a simple conversation about Paula wanting her husband to cook , she has to make it adversarial..Shut up Whoopie! I cannot believe that we are stuck with her royal highness..

• Love 10

Yes, Whoopi actually yelled at Paula to get a chef! Paula said her biggest fight with her husband was what's for dinner and Whoopi goes "get a chef" and her problem will be solved. Paula said a chef was too expensive and a bad lesson to teach her children so Whoopi says something like better than your kids seeing you fight about dinner. She has to fight with Paula so bad it kills her! I can't stand Paula myself but get a chef? Nice arguing strategy, Whoopi. Lmao.

• Love 11

Whoopi also looked so disgusted and dramatically cringed when Paula said that her kids were playing outside naked with their water guns.. Even if she thinks that's not a wise idea, she had a huge, unnecessary, stupid reaction. Paula is not my cup of tea, but I don't know how she takes this continual abuse from Whoopi. I would love for Paula to give Whoopi a verbal whupping! Someone really needs to take that woman down a few pegs. They are all scared of her, with the exception of Joy, who probably has to restrain herself continually for the good of the show.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 7

These episodes had to have been taped before Whoopi got her new contract, because she's been such a huge asshole in every single one of them. I really don't know how any of them can sit at the table with someone who's just nasty to them all and never say anything cruel back to her. They have more forbearance than I would have.

• Love 7

Actually, thegreenknight, I dvr the show so I can fastforward thru the intro noise and other b.s., and honestly,  sometimes I hate to watch it because of Whoops' being such a nasty, know-it-all bitch.  It's negative and a drag.  And they all laugh at her lame humor which is nauseating cuz it's not funny.  

Plus Paula's throwback to the 50's marriage is such a shocking disappointment to my work for feminism and women's rights throughout my life.  Seriously,  if that is what Christian fundamentalists think, I'll gladly,  wholeheartedly embrace  atheism, agnosticism,  or anything else.  Disgusting.  

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Actually, thegreenknight, I dvr the show so I can fastforward thru the intro noise and other b.s., and honestly,  sometimes I hate to watch it because of Whoops' being such a nasty, know-it-all bitch.  It's negative and a drag.  And they all laugh at her lame humor which is nauseating cuz it's not funny.  

Plus Paula's throwback to the 50's marriage is such a shocking disappointment to my work for feminism and women's rights throughout my life.  Seriously,  if that is what Christian fundamentalists think, I'll gladly,  wholeheartedly embrace  atheism, agnosticism,  or anything else.  Disgusting.  

Paula is working her way to the top of my Shit List.  Just sayin'.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Tosia said:

I had a feeling that some of you guys were going to react like this. As soon as she said that she likes it when her husband puts her in her place, I knew people were going to be annoyed by that comment....It is very shocking for a woman her age to think that way..To each his own....My only concern is how her young daughter perceives this dynamic between her parents and how it will impact her, when she becomes a woman...

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

My only concern is how her young daughter perceives this dynamic between her parents and how it will impact her, when she becomes a woman...

Her daughter will know that she's a second class citizen and that she needs a man to lead her.

• Love 8

Did I miss something? What is with the new seating arrangement? Whoopi's now in the middle? I'm sorry if this has already been spoken about . . . been sick for the past week so haven't taken the time to look at all the previous posts.

I tried to watch.  Then, in  discussion of companies not promoting women to management positions, and one man's defense that  women value quality of life over professional ambition, Whoopi compares the issue to MENSTRUAL CRAMPS.  Because, you know, some women have them, some don't, and just because you don't, doesn't mean you should try to understand.   WHAT THE HELL??????????  

No, WHoopi, for the sake of all  women who are struggling to be taken seriously -  when the topic is how women are stereotyped in the workforce, it is NOT the time to bring up CRAMPS. 

I couldn't watch any more. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, berly57 said:

Did I miss something? What is with the new seating arrangement? Whoopi's now in the middle? I'm sorry if this has already been spoken about . . . been sick for the past week so haven't taken the time to look at all the previous posts.

This was the first time I'd seen Whoopi in the middle.  I wonder what the point was.

42 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I missed most of the show, but caught part of Sara & Raven with the Hollywood Medium.  Were they the only ones to get "read"?

Yes.  Wish Joy had because she wasn't buying it at all.

• Love 3
On 8/8/2016 at 9:01 PM, athousandclowns said:

Calling BS on Whoopi and her heels not bothering her and  how she loves them.   She never has heels on like most wear in the industry, because you can't wear thick striped socks with those babies. ...

And yet nine times out of ten she's shuffling onstage in something akin to bedroom slippers.   Or maybe she just wears the heels to stomp onstage - I could wear five inch heels all day as long as I stayed seated, LOL.  

Her parenting "advice" is crap.  

20 hours ago, Fannysue said:

If Paula is only going to be on 
Friday shows, that eliminates mixing it up with Whoopi on Fridays.    

Sounds like Fridays are going to be the day I watch next season. 

I've stopped watching for a few weeks but I'm loving everyone's comments - thanks to everyone for keeping us up to date. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Tosia said:

That is how they think. I used to work with a woman who was a born again Christian and she deferred to her husband with everything. Also she did everything around the house. Her kids would call her at work asking for money. Never asked him. Sometimes we would work late and our husbands would either start dinner or sometimes one woman would call for a pizza and bring it home. The Christian co-worker once made a comment that "she could never get away with that with her husband." Another thing is that he told her what to do and when to do it. The man is the king so to speak and the woman serves the man. When Paula said that she likes it "when he puts her in her place" I thought of my co-worker. If Paula's husband can't even help out with starting dinner or at least help out because that is "woman's work" then I feel bad for Paula both at home and at work with bitch Whoopi. Paula probably would disagree with that about her husband but it is what it is.

Paula is better off when Joy is the moderator and everyone else for that matter. If that means one day a week then so be it. Living with her husband and working with Whoopi would do me in. At least with Joy she is working with a professional.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, rcc said:

If Paula's husband can't even help out with starting dinner or at least help out because that is "woman's work" then I feel bad for Paula both at home and at work with bitch Whoopi.

It's hard to feel sorry for her when she walked into the marriage with her eyes wide open, it's especially hard to feel sorry for her when she's setting examples for her son and daughter, great for the son, not so much for the daughter.  Whoopi won't be Paula's problem come September.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

This was the first time I'd seen Whoopi in the middle.  I wonder what the point was.

I'm not sure what the point is, either.  It seemed as if she had been removed from her little throne in a way, didn't it?  LOL

I did notice that when Whooper sits in the middle, she can't do that condescending, smug side-eye thing to the audience she loves to do when she doesn't like something someone is saying.  Gawd I hate when she does that.  I don't care if I think what someone is saying is dumb, too.  That's just so rude ...  she just has to let everyone know she thinks someone is being SOOOOOO ignorant and she knows everyone in the audience must agree with her and share her scorn for whatever opinion is being given.  It's arrogant, presumptuous, and incredibly disrespectful of her fellow panelists. 

I hope they keep her in the middle from now on.  Make the Queen Bee sit among the commoners and keep her stink eye to herself! 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

It's hard to feel sorry for her when she walked into the marriage with her eyes wide open, it's especially hard to feel sorry for her when she's setting examples for her son and daughter, great for the son, not so much for the daughter.  Whoopi won't be Paula's problem come September.

I know it is hard to feel sorry for someone who won't help themselves but that is the culture of Paula's religion. I still feel bad for her nonetheless.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

As soon as she said that she likes it when her husband puts her in her place, I knew people were going to be annoyed by that comment....It is very shocking for a woman her age to think that way.

I managed to miss this and for some reason I want to see it.  I can't believe a grown, educated woman sat on that stage in the year 2016 and said such a thing.  I just want it to not be true.  Or I at least want to see it for myself so I can officially move Paula Faris into the MOST HATED PANELIST spot that Whoopi Goldberg has occupied ever since Hasselblech left. 

Does anyone know where I can find a clip?  

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I managed to miss this and for some reason I want to see it.  I can't believe a grown, educated woman sat on that stage in the year 2016 and said such a thing.  I just want it to not be true.  Or I at least want to see it for myself so I can officially move Paula Faris into the MOST HATED PANELIST spot that Whoopi Goldberg has occupied ever since Hasselblech left. 

Does anyone know where I can find a clip?  

I looked, but no luck.  Sorry.

34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Was Whoopi still moderator while she sat in the middle?

Yep!!

• Love 3