Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 All Episodes Talk: Mom

20 hours ago, TGinKY said:

Who looks are their newborn and decides to name him Roscoe?  I've only known one Roscoe and it was a Basset Hound.

I think it's a cool name, but was JUST thinking about how interesting Christy's name choices were -- like even though she was a big ol' mess when she had them, their names showed sign of her romantic soul :)  I also always wondered about how/if she was sober when she was pregnant. Maybe they've addressed it? I know several alcoholics/addicts who quit cold turkey for nine months of pregnancy, but then started right back up again after they gave birth or were finished breastfeeding. I always wondered how anyone could have the strength to be sober for that long and then go right back to old ways, but it truly is a cunning and baffling disease. 

• Love 4
On 4/24/2018 at 9:44 PM, TGinKY said:

Who looks are their newborn and decides to name him Roscoe?  I've only known one Roscoe and it was a Basset Hound.

LMAO, I've wondered that myself!

• Love 2
On 1/14/2018 at 3:39 PM, Maharincess said:

I agree. It's so strange that the kids, except for one brief word about Roscoe, haven't even been mentioned at all.  They should at least say something about them every once in a while.  If Bonnie and Adam get married, I wonder if the kids will be there.  I agree too that this is making Christy look like a total deadbeat mom. 

I loved the Baxter character. He was my favorite from the early seasons. 

I wouldn't call Christy a deadbeat because she is no longer financially responsible for them. Violet is over 18 and living with her old boyfriend Luke. Baxter and Candace aren't mean or heartless enough to make Christy contribute child support payments she can barely afford. I do agree it would be nice to hear Roscoe mentioned, even if it's just "I can't make it it to ______because that's the night of Roscoe's ______." We don't actually have to see Christy go to Roscoe's event, but it would be nice of the writers to remember that the character exists. The occasional voicemail or text message from Roscoe wouldn't take up too much time as in Christiy is checking her phone and it's a message from Roscoe.  

• Love 10
On 8/30/2018 at 11:54 AM, Sarah 103 said:

The occasional voicemail or text message from Roscoe wouldn't take up too much time as in Christiy is checking her phone and it's a message from Roscoe.  

Maybe he could send telegrams like they did on 90210!

Now that Christy's in law school, there are quite a few alcoholic-specific story lines. I hope they're going to address the substance abuse that is rampant in law schools and the legal profession. I know it's something my professors have talked about quite a bit. I know they've already done a potential Christy relapses story, but I would at least like to see some acknowledgement of how law school impacts her sobriety and vice versa. Also, not this upcoming season, but at some point she would be subject to a moral fitness hearing to pass the bar, so I wonder if they'll spend any time on that. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

At this point with the kids written out I don't know why they call it 'Mom'.  

Honestly, I don't miss the kids.  Especially Violet and her crappy attitude.  I always thought the "mom" reference was to Bonnie.

• Love 13

I may be in the minority, but I'd like to see the kids Violet & Luke and Roscoe again.  I'd also like to see Baxter & Candace, Chef Rudy & Paul, and Gabriel. What happened to Christy's half-brothers?  Perhaps an update on Gwyneth. The current formula and characters are starting to wear a little thin - mix it up a bit. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MarthaEllisanne said:

I may be in the minority, but I'd like to see the kids Violet & Luke and Roscoe again.  I'd also like to see Baxter & Candace, Chef Rudy & Paul, and Gabriel. What happened to Christy's half-brothers?  Perhaps an update on Gwyneth. The current formula and characters are starting to wear a little thin - mix it up a bit. 

I didn't even realize I missed those other characters until you posted this. I especially loved Chef Rudy and the other guy who never talked (is that Paul?). I would also like to see Baxter & Candace. Or at least Baxter. And what about that lady who hated Bonnie but they made up - can't think of her name. She hasn't been on in forever either. Heck, Adam hasn't even been on that much so far in this season.

• Love 3

Agree^.  We needed those peripheral characters to dilute the intensity of the main characters (K & B).  I don't need Candace or even Violet, but yes to Baxter, Chef Rudy and his sous chef, and Roscoe.  I could take or leave Adam, though I realize he and Bonnie are en fianced, lol.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
s not x
  • Love 2

Hi I am new here. Mom is the new favorite of me and my hub. We've caught up on all the episodes. 

I love Adam! Who wouldn't like Adam? Of the old characters I would like to see more of Baxter and Candace, but don't care about Roscoe. I just assume Christy sees him when the eipsodes aren't taking place. I don't care if we see Violet again. 

Here are things I hope for upcoming seasons. Make Nicole Sullivan as LeeAnn into a regular part of the group, like they have with Kristen Johnston and Tammy. 

And here is a suggestion for the final season (whenever that may be). Bring back Justin Long as Adam, Christy's boyfriend from season 1 who she couldn't bring herself to sleep with. They rekindle things and wind up getting married in the series finale. Both Bonnie & Christy wind up married to guys named Adam.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I love Adam! Who wouldn't like Adam? Of the old characters I would like to see more of Baxter and Candace, but don't care about Roscoe. I just assume Christy sees him when the eipsodes aren't taking place. I don't care if we see Violet again. 

Agreed.  I don't care about Violet at all (never really did).  My only disagreement is Candace.  Hate her with the passion of 1000 suns.  I know you're supposed to not like her, and maybe it's some personal stuff with me (knowing someone like her) but I don't care if I ever see her again either.  Otherwise, co-sign 100%

• Love 3

I had previously watched later seasons on CBS. Recently my hubby and I have  been binging the early seasons on , I think Paramount Network.  We started this with season 2, went through all the seasons they have ending with Christy getting into Law School episode.  Now we are on Season one. It's a good summer respite from other recent reruns on the networks.

On 4/24/2018 at 9:44 PM, TGinKY said:

People with substance issues. :-)

Also, Luke was a helluva lot more likable than Violet. I wish they could have found a way to keep him around.

Of all of Christi's relationships/failed relationships, I'd like to see her get together again with Spencer, because he really DID fall in love with her, and emotionally, they are about the same age.

Edited by kwnyc
More thoughts
  • Love 1
(edited)

The problem with the kids is the problem with any live action show with kids.  They grow up.   I was rewatching Married With Children and eventually both Kelly  and Bud turned 18 and the show had to continue to find excuses on why neither moved out of a house where they were obviously not being fed or raised or parented.   The same happened to an extent with Violet and Rosco.   Why would Violet wanted to stay with a mother she resented?    Why would Rosco stay in a tiny apartment when he can live in a huge house?   Of course the show could and  probably should have thrown on a line every once in awhile about Christy spending time with Rosco but I think the show has kinda moved on too much and ultimately Rosco could show up any time or any actor like nothing happened.  

Edited by Chaos Theory

Lots of kids Roscoe's age spend part of the week with one parent and part with the other. It has nothing to do with the size of the homes, it has to do with the relationship with the parent.

Hell, my parents were divorced and my brother and I went to stay with our father on a regular basis, even though we had to sleep in sleeping bags on the living room floor.

• Love 1