Type keyword(s) to search

Love It Or List It - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Was the music camp couple a new episode? I had never seen it before.

Weird episode - even if they do film two endings, one love it and one list it - I think that couple would be nuts to stay in that house. I sympathized with the wife, totally. Glad they were at least able to fix the first floor.

I found the second floor to be really creepy - narrow hallway with all those doors, sort of like "The Shining" or something. And it had to be really cold on that second floor, too, with almost no insulation.

Keep the property for camp in the summer, but move into a better (or at least more-up-to-date) place for the rest of the year.

• Love 1

The music camp couple were the nicest people I've ever seen on this show.  See?  There is a way to get your disappointment across to Hilary without being so nasty about it.  I'm glad they were going to list it.  I really liked the house with the pool but it was too far over their budget.  All in all an enjoyable episode without all the nastiness.

• Love 2

All in all an enjoyable episode without all the nastiness.

That's exactly what I thought by the end of the show!  What a refreshing change from the folks in previous shows over the years.  I hear they're now filming in Charlotte so there will be more episodes in NC.  I wonder where the last house shown is located.  I also noticed a difference in Hilary and David as they worked with this pleasant young couple (H & D seemed more relaxed, maybe more what they're like off the show?).  Or did I miss major drama during the first 15 minutes?

I missed the very beginning so I can't answer that but now that you mention it I noticed David's demeanor was not as snarky as usual.  He actually talked with the people rather than at them.

OMG saw the worst slimeball lawyer client lady who made Hillary take out the downstairs powder room, wouldn't allow the upstairs family room be touched to make the required 4th bedroom, and then listed house because it needed the fourth bedroom. And complained about Hillary's passive-aggressiveness.

• Love 2

What happened to this show?   Suddenly no Desta, no Fergus ... some Goodfella working with Hillary as builder ... Heavy-handed product placement (i.e., Sherwin Williams).   I don't think they're in Canada anymore either.   The whole flavor/character of the show has abruptly shifted.

Pet peeve: I wish they would say where the shows are filmed -- if not the city, then state or county at the very least.   

(edited)

Is it standard show formula that some "unforseen" problem arises and they have to eliminate something in the remodel? I've watched this show off and on for years and it never changes. Honestly, it bores me.  Also, whenever they decide to List It, are they forgetting the fees involved, which usually takes all the "profit" from the remodel?

Edited by lonestar

I thought they were in the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina per what other posters have said about knowing one couple and another saying he met David at a  bar or something.

David seems like someone you'd meet at a bar.

• Love 1

So a couple wanted a two master bedrooms because the husband snored? How about looking into why he snored? Unless it was just a cover story for them just not wanting to share a room anymore. They seemed otherwise happy, but could have settled into a platonic marriage.

I am sick of all the white rooms, egads! Especially when there are children. Who wants a white couch? And so. much. white everywhere in these designs. White walls, white kitchens, white furniture, white flooring... Way too cold and sterile for me.

• Love 2

Vancouver is one of the most expensive places in the world to buy a house. It amazes me how couples, when asked what their house buying budget is, will just toss off "$2.4 million" like it's just another day. Or will spend $175,000 on renos without batting an eye.

• Love 1

Good grief, I've seen some awful homeowners on this show but the one I just watched takes the cake.  Sandra and Geoff, divorced for years, then got back together with their blended family and were living in Sandra's house.  She was the woman who kept banging on about her "specifications," and the stupid cedar closet for her furs.  It's the first time I've seen an episode that made me think that if I were Hillary, I'd just down tools, say "You suck," and walk off the show.  It's also the first time I've seen Hillary show homeowners around their renovated house acting like she could care less what they decided to do.  (Yes, I know it's already decided at that point but I'm playing along.)  Unsurprisingly, they "loved it" because Sandra always gets her way.  I don't feel too sorry for poor Geoff because he was free and decided to go back to her.  Good luck, dude.

• Love 1

Did anyone catch the brief shot of the roof of the first house with the 'barn'? It must've had 2 inches of moss. Why would you buy a house after seeing that?

Loved the second house with the mini horses. I wanted to move there and I don't even like horses.

The $2 million house discussed above was in such disrepair. He got it from his parents so it's not like he's making mortgage payments, obviously they aren't spending that money on the house. I'm just shocked it was so bad. I wonder what the property taxes are on that.

I am really tired of all the pale gray walls in the "move-in ready" homes in LIOLIT. I mean, come on, it's the Pacific Northwest. Don't they have enough cloudy and dreary days without the interior walls being gray too? Who's wise idea was it that homes show better in monochrome?

• Love 1

I'm tired of white kitchens with small elongated glass tile backsplashes, and of bathrooms with subway tile on the walls and penny tile on the floor (talk about looking like the worst kind of public restroom). But they play to trends.

• Love 1

A kitchen with dark wood cabinetry, calico granite countertop, light stainless appliances and small elongated glass tile backsplash is so ubiquitous and so 2000s distinctive that it's going to be very dated in another 10 years.

I actually saw a LIOLI rerun from 2014 where the kitchen had all these things, except white cabinets instead of dark brown, and Jill tore it all out and redid the kitchen because it was too small and of course, they wanted open concept. I was surprised to see them rip out something that clearly fairly new.

• Love 1

Just watched what I think was a new episode (at least that's what my dvr is set to record) -- Nathan and Ann expecting a baby.  I didn't understand her at all -- she wanted the laundry upstairs but vetoed the only place it could have gone.  Wanted two offices but said no to them on half of the porch.  I don't think they ever had any intention of leaving that house (which I thought was cold and sterile - but then I hated mid-century modern).

• Love 1

Why any woman in her 8th month would consider renovating or moving unless they absofuckinglutely had to is beyond me. Same for why the show selected them.

It's not as though her husband had been transferred for work, or some other situation beyond their control. And even if she had gone full term, getting a house renovated in 4-5 weeks, or closing and settling into a new home in that same time frame is crazy.

Edited by wonderwoman
  • Love 1

Just watched a repeat of the show with a couple who bought a tiny house -- the husband (Trevor?) had no input at all -- the wife (Janet?) bought it while he was out of town.  They ended up "loving it" but I call foul on the price.  Hillary took away a bedroom and a bathroom so it became a one bed - one bath house and the adjusted price which David gave at the end of the show was an increase of $150,000.  No way could a house increase that much when you are taking away a bedroom.  That makes no sense at all.

• Love 1

I love this show possibly even more than the original.  Although I like Hillary and David better.  I can't stand Jillian..ugh.

I love that they are in Vancouver and the houses are so beautiful and expensive with beautiful views.  Every house is different and the problems are different than the original recipe.

• Love 1

That's why I like 2, too. The housing stock is completely different from the Toronto area. I've even come to tolerate Jillian, because she has come up with some nice decor. But to own one of those waterview houses out in BC - wow!

Though the original seems to be showing shows now based in the US.

Why any woman in her 8th month would consider renovating or moving unless they absofuckinglutely had to is beyond me. Same for why the show selected them.

If this show is like other makeover shows....these couple likely are not even thinking about moving. You're cast just to be one the show. People submit to be on the show because they want the work done, and their budget goes a lot farther with discounts the show can get them, and they get Hilary's design expertise for free. So being pregnant or not...what better way to get remodeling done for less.....get on a TV show.

I read that the couple's decision is a set up.....they record two endings -- one "love it", and one "list it," and the producers pick the one they want -- to keep the "wins" fairly even between David and Hilary. So you can't event trust that the decision you see it the one they really choose. You don't have to really be considering a move to be on the show.

I've NEVER thought the premise made sense. Other than a flipper WHO invests 50, 75, and 100K or more into a house only to sell it? ORDINARY home owners just don't do that -- because contrary to what David announces, you don't put the money in -- and get 100% return or more on value on day one. In fact most remodels NEVER give you back 100% return -- period.

Also, I'd prefer it if the show gave us more details on HOW the budget is spent. Hilary complains about not having enough money to do some work...but we see a house staged with all new furniture and accessories.....does that come out of the budget? The show never says. I'd say forget the staging....get my work done, I have my own furniture, remember? You're supposed to be working on the bones of the HOUSE -- not getting me a new sofa, lamps and towels.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 3

I was looking at all the tchotchkes Hilary added to the last house and was thinking the same thing. All that crap isn't cheap.

Frankly, if I.was. going to get those folks working on my house, I would give them as much money as I could scrape up because you know the're going to do a good job and bring everything up to code.

• Love 2

I think the post-renovation house valuations are crazy. You can't raise the asking price of your house just because it's now up to code, and it looks like half of every renovation budget is spent on fixing things that should have been taken care of by regular maintenance. Most of these places look like the owners don't even know what maintenance is. Maybe it's just producer shenanigans, but why would you go on tv to be made a fool of?

^^ Have you seen reality TV...if people will go on TV and act stupid or fight, or whatever...on shows like Big Brother, The Real Housewives, Divas, L,A, Hair, Preachers of L.A.,,,,and they DO NOT get tens of thousands of remodeling done on their largest asset....then why WOULDN"T someone go on TV to get 100K worth of remodeling and design done by professional contractors and designers.

The couples on LIOLI get a lot more for their money by being on the show -- than not. THAT'S why they go on the show.

Personally, I wouldn't go on the show, because I wouldn't trust the contract they'd want me sign, and I'd have to see EXACTLY WHO pays for what.

For example we see most rooms in the home in the walk through, but WHILE the house is being worked on....where to they put all of the homeowners furniture? Is it just moved into rooms that are NOT remodeling, just packed in there and stored out of the way....so that after the show and the staging are over, they can just pull all their stuff out and set up house.....OR.....is eerything moved out of the house and at a storage facility.....IF SO, who pays for that?

And like I said before.....if I say my budget is 75K.....exactly what will I get for that.

I know someone who was on a landscaping type show and his experience wasn't the greatest. He said the designer and crew  were PITAs. And I've read that on at least one remodeling show (not LIOLI) the workmanship was shoddy. And, sometimes it wasn't even finished on time and they producers faked the finish just to videotape and get the show in the can......like tape tiles to the wall, lay down a rug or hang a picture over an area that wasn't finished just to do a "reveal,"...and that show contractors stayed or came back to finish the job after the 'staged after" was already recorded.

I don't think I'd want the hassle of dealing with TV producers. I know how "cut corners' -- and let's-just-get-it-done - they can be. (Unless it was work on a rental house that wasn't MY own house.)

I watched the first half of the episode with the young couple that had brought a house (turquoise color) for investment purposes. I think they were on the same page at first then she fell in love and what's it to be their forever home. The house was big.  According to the husband, too much unused space.  She was fine with it since they planned to have kids. They were a cute couple and were reasonable, didn't seem to be any drama for drama's sake.  Other than free design work and the like, I was really wondering why there were on the show.  The issues there were complaining about were eye roll worthy.  His man cave?  Not that hard to replace a counter top, put up a divider to hide the water tank and then actually decorate the space.  The master bathroom needed work.  Again, they could've gotten that done without going on TV.  The kitchen needed tweeking.  I feel like when LIOLI has these type of couples on the show it's like they are running out of couples with homes where you can at least pretend they really need to be on the show.  Like the house has one bathroom for 8 people or something. 

For the love of all that is holy, can someone ask Hillary to design a home that is not modern/contemporary/the like?  I want to see something different.

I wondered why the couple in the historic contemporary house would go on a show when she's about to pop.  I'm thinking they may've applied and then she got pregnant and then they called and was like this is when we can do it.  Figuring it'd be easier to do it while pregnant than with a newborn, I can see why they did I then.  No way Hillary and co finished the house in 3 days.  I've had 2 kids.  You don't do laundry every day so having laundry in the basement is fine.  Or maybe my kids weren't that messy. 

I know that UNlike other shows LIOLI seem to make some big secret of where the house is. What city are they in, WHERE are they.

All I've ever heard the voiceover say is in "the city" or "near the city." I guess they think that would alienate some viewers, who would tune in, hear Toronto, or Vancouver or Raleigh, and would think I "who wants to watch a show about a house in Toronto. As if a person in Omaha won't watch a show that taped in Raleigh. 

Almost all other shows take in the L.A. area and that doesn't seem to be an issue.

So I dont' know why LIOLI is so secretive about locations.

I feel like when LIOLI has these type of couples on the show it's like they are running out of couples with homes where you can at least pretend they really need to be on the show.  Like the house has one bathroom for 8 people or something.

I do think the couples on the show have to pay SOMEthing for all that work. How MUCH they pay and whether producers pay fast and loose with the budget, who knows. Given that, and the choice of the Raleigh area, and the fact that people have to apply to be on the show, then be picked to be on the show....producers can only pick from people who've applied.

Are there houses in the Raleigh area that have one bathroom for 8 people? I'm sure there are. But 1) can those people afford to be on the show, 2) do those people even know about the show, 3) are those people in the social demographic of the couples the show wants to cast?

Edited by selhars
  • Love 1

Now that I've seen an episode of LIOLI, UK, I find Hilary and David's bickering all the more irritating. The UK hosts not only didn't bicker, they were actually supportive of each other. It was like watching adults interact rather than the adolescent squabbling Hilary and David play out on camera. I assume H and D are only acting, but it doesn't make it less grating. 

Did the show jump the shark with the Mid-Century Maternity episode? It was way too obvious that Anne & Nathan had no intention of listing - they just wanted a quality renovation at a discount. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 2

1) I've never thought the same about the show once I found out about the producers taping two endings.

2) I always have thought the premise was stupid, regarding the budget and the "unforeseen" problems Hillary always runs into. Those early show were crazy stupid....couples wanting two bathrooms, a basement remodel and a kitchen for 40K. Then Hillary started getting budgets over 90-100K and she STILL couldn't do all the work? Really?

3) I never watch any episodes from start to finish any more....more like I tune in and out. Until I see a show where the budget is more detailed -- and all goes to the bones of the house  -- and Hillary stages the "reveal" with the couple's own furniture .......I'm done. After all, it was the HOUSE that didn't work for them, NOT the furniture. Why are there new sofas, tables and accessories at all? NONE of the lists for what the couple needs to "stay" or "go" includes furniture and accessories. Do they say they want David to find them a new dining room table?

Edited by selhars

My impression on the staging is that the furnishings are rented for the reveal, and the homeowners put their own things back after the show. Aesthetics are one thing, but if I am sitting in my family room to watch TV, comfort wins out over looks.

On the budgets and its constraints, I always have wondered why she doesn't cut some corners other places when problems arise.  I never hear her talk about using lower end finishes, like less expensive counter tops, tile,or less expensive cabinetry or flooring.

• Love 1

Why is this show still on the air with all its manufactured drama and conflict?  who wants to see that kind of stuff when they are interested in housing design and renovation?

i am astounded as to how stupid these people who produce this show think the public is.  its the same plot time after time.

I think the post-renovation house valuations are crazy. You can't raise the asking price of your house just because it's now up to code, and it looks like half of every renovation budget is spent on fixing things that should have been taken care of by regular maintenance. Most of these places look like the owners don't even know what maintenance is. Maybe it's just producer shenanigans, but why would you go on tv to be made a fool of?

I thought the same thing. Fixing the problems that would likely show up during a home inspection doesn't raise the value of the house, it stops it from going down further. 

Every house on LIOLI has some project that doesn't get done. That has to affect the value of the house. If they do list it, they're offering a house that still has glaring issues.   

What I don't understand is giving complete control to Hilary. She never seems to consult with the homeowners about their taste. I suppose some people can argue it's none existent which is why their place looks so awful - but you'd think they'd want to have some input. It's one thing to stage the home for the reveal with a color scheme and style that the homeowners don't particularly like - but Hilary gets to make the choices for the permanent stuff like kitchen cabinets, countertops and floors. I don't like the tiger-striped/brown-swirled granite that's been popular for a long time and would hate it if a designer used it for every countertop in my home.   

I'm pretty sure the homes are staged for the reveals and it's all taken away after filming has wrapped. Joanna Gaines on Fixer Upper has said she uses pieces from her store to stage the houses and the homeowners can purchase them. So for their show, the furniture and accessories are not part of the remodel budget. 

Edited by Feline Goddess

So a couple wanted a two master bedrooms because the husband snored? How about looking into why he snored? Unless it was just a cover story for them just not wanting to share a room anymore. They seemed otherwise happy, but could have settled into a platonic marriage.

I am sick of all the white rooms, egads! Especially when there are children. Who wants a white couch? And so. much. white everywhere in these designs. White walls, white kitchens, white furniture, white flooring... Way too cold and sterile for me.

Sorry for the delayed response, Shermie but I had the exact same thought about the snoring husband.  As you probably know, it can be a serious medical issue b/c his breathing probably stops multiple times during the night (sleep apnea).  He may need surgery for a deviated septum or a special medical apparatus to regulate his breathing.

It's such an important issue that like you, I was dismayed that they ignored the probable root cause of his issue, the larger (medical) issue.  OTOH, I also wondered if they'd simply settled into a platonic situation.

Oh well, at least they scored $2M b/c of the location of that dump (!) so hopefully they'll both address the potential medical issue and purchase a larger home with ample space to accommodate their situation, whatever it may be.

I thought the same thing. Fixing the problems that would likely show up during a home inspection doesn't raise the value of the house, it stops it from going down further. 

Every house on LIOLI has some project that doesn't get done. That has to affect the value of the house. If they do list it, they're offering a house that still has glaring issues.   

What I don't understand is giving complete control to Hilary. She never seems to consult with the homeowners about their taste. I suppose some people can argue it's none existent which is why their place looks so awful - but you'd think they'd want to have some input. It's one thing to stage the home for the reveal with a color scheme and style that the homeowners don't particularly like - but Hilary gets to make the choices for the permanent stuff like kitchen cabinets, countertops and floors. I don't like the tiger-striped/brown-swirled granite that's been popular for a long time and would hate it if a designer used it for every countertop in my home.   

I'm pretty sure the homes are staged for the reveals and it's all taken away after filming has wrapped. Joanna Gaines on Fixer Upper has said she uses pieces from her store to stage the houses and the homeowners can purchase them. So for their show, the furniture and accessories are not part of the remodel budget. 

Agreed, deferred maintenance items will negatively affect a home's value.  (Buyers reduce their offer amount for those items unless they believe a seller's list price fairly reflects the estimated costs.)  And, yes, on the flip side, completing those maintenance items doesn't increase the property's value.

That said, I've tried to pay close attention to David / LIOLI's (phony, lol!) revised home valuation and I don't believe LIOLI's increasing their valuation for deferred maintenance.  Obviously, I'm just making generalizations about % gains from major reno jobs, e.g. additional square footage, kitchens/baths and/or basements.

One thing, however, most importantly, I'm not a Raleigh/Durham local expert.  So, for that reason, I have no idea if, bottom line, the LIOLI valuations are correct.

WRT the incomplete items on Hilary's punchlists, IMHO, Hilary usually completes the most important staging/selling items if/when the home is supposedly a "list-it" home.  (I believe the outcome is known in advance.)  That said, Hilary's incomplete items don't necessarily negatively affect valuation. 

Many of Hilary's punchlist items are personal preference.  For example, Hilary might not move the laundry from the first floor or garage to an upper level, adjacent to the bedrooms.  Some homeowners prefer that the laundry remain on a ground level.  Same thing for the vaunted open concept.  Some buyers prefer a little separation between living spaces.  

On balance, IMHO, Hilary typically addresses the most important staging/selling items, assuming the sellers provided sufficient budget for them.  And, I believe Hilary orders the projects correctly, addressing the most important items, first.

One good example might be the recent list-it episode with the single mother living with her mom and two kids.  In order, Hilary addressed the curb appeal (IIRC), spruced up the kitchen appropriately, i.e. didn't gut it, removed a dining space but added a dinette, added a ground floor 2nd master or in-law unit (technically no ensuite but easy b/r access) and spruced up the existing mbr. 

IMHO, she ordered those projects correctly.  WRT the dining space, many buyers at that level don't value a formal dining space.  Yes, the great room / family room wasn't that great (!) - it was a little small but I believed the dinette would suffice.  Check, Hilary provided an eating area.  Plus, an additional mbr / guest / in-law unit on the ground floor with an accessible (jack-n-jill) bathroom?  Score!

JMHO but I doubt Hilary has complete control.  I believe the projects are agreed upon in advance and homeowners participate in the selection of finishes.  Naturally, the producers don't air that footage b/c it'd ruin the show's storyline.  And, agreed, I'm sure the staging items are removed after the reveal like other HGTV programs, e.g. Fixer-Upper, Income Property, etc.

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 1

The music camp couple were the nicest people I've ever seen on this show.  See?  There is a way to get your disappointment across to Hilary without being so nasty about it.  I'm glad they were going to list it.  I really liked the house with the pool but it was too far over their budget.  All in all an enjoyable episode without all the nastiness.

Hey NYGirl, hope you're doing well.

Back on-topic, this is purely a guess on my part but I never, for one second, believed that the music camp couple lived in that broken-down old home.  Long time since I saw the episode but didn't he inherit that place from his grandmother?  Perhaps he held a music camp there after her death but the two of them living there?  I just didn't see it.

Anyway, thinking about my guess.  If you were a LIOLI participant but skipped the massive task of loading up all your earthly possessions into Pods and relocating into alternative housing, usually with children in tow, wouldn't you and your spouse be more pleasant and relaxed than other participants?  Not to mention that grandma's home was probably paid off so no monthly payment to stress over during the typical renovation delays plus any $$$ earned from the eventual sale would be gravy, i.e. a nice inheritance / windfall.

Thinking about Grandma, yes, he may have experienced grief over her death but IIRC, it'd been at least a year or two.  (Please correct me if I'm misstating the details.)

So, I assumed it was a "list-it" episode all along and David was simply helping a young couple find their first home - a young couple expecting a nice chunk of change, thanks to a treasured grandparent, to apply to the home of their dreams.

What do you think?  Anybody else?  As mentioned, I may have the details wrong b/c it's been a long time but, in general ???

Edited by aguabella

Hey Aguabella!!  Missed you.

I agree..there are some episodes where you can tell if it's a love it or a list it project.  They were just so nice compared to the people we see all the time.

Hey Aguabella!!  Missed you.

I agree..there are some episodes where you can tell if it's a love it or a list it project.  They were just so nice compared to the people we see all the time.

Thanks, NYGirl!  You, too!

Long time since viewing the episode but I agree with you;  IIRC, they were a genuinely nice, young couple!  Although I posted that the episode probably was less stressful for the participants, I do remember liking them. 

I try to give the benefit of any doubt to the participants b/c it's reality television, if/when they're unpleasant.  Reality TV producers have been known to lie to participants in an attempt to increase the drama.  And, I have heard the LIOLI production team occasionally uses those methods.  For example, they might instruct the couple that they're meeting with Hilary b/c she wants to wipe out something or the other.  So, before they begin the scene, they're totally riled up and ready for bear.  They think Hilary plans to demo their favorite closet or whatever ...

This episode, however, had such a sympathetic premise, i.e. the loss of a treasured grandparent, a schoolteacher, music camps, young couple in love, starting out with their first house - you name it!  The producers wouldn't have bothered, right?  That said, I did believe that they were genuinely nice.

Seriously, NYGirl, do you believe those two ever lived in that place?  Those scenes just reminded me of the way tptb have the participants mess up their rooms and throw their shoes in the entryway.  I don't know anyone who would either live that way or allow cameras in, if they did!

Edited by aguabella

Sandra is No.1 on my list of most hated homeowners EVER!  That includes every single show, including House Hunters.  She's the nastiest bitch ever seen on LIOLI.

Sandra, mistress of the fur closet, living across from her (deceased, IIRC) mother's home and on her 2nd marriage to that guy?

Yep, she may have been genuine, too - on the negative side of the equation!  (lol)

Why is this show still on the air with all its manufactured drama and conflict?  who wants to see that kind of stuff when they are interested in housing design and renovation?

i am astounded as to how stupid these people who produce this show think the public is.  its the same plot time after time.

Have you noticed it's great background noise, if you need to catch a quick, 30 minute nap?  Watch the opening, snooze through the manufactured drama and boring, repetitive house hunts and wake up for the reveal.

Works every time, haha!

• Love 1

Did the show jump the shark with the Mid-Century Maternity episode? It was way too obvious that Anne & Nathan had no intention of listing - they just wanted a quality renovation at a discount. 

Agree, it was obvious.  They bought the house and signed up for the show, immediately to score the 30K renovation discount/benefit.

WRT the production company and network, it was the same pregnancy plot used each and every time in every renovation show I've ever seen.  Ever wondered why all reno show prospective mothers deliver during the episode at the most inconvenient time, typically just before the reveal?  Not one of them, in my experience, delivers, conveniently, after the reno's complete.  Not one ...

In fact, I remember one HGTV show where it appeared they filmed the opening, house hunting scenes (HHR, possibly) after the pregnancy, filming the mom with her postnatal weight gain.  Later scenes showed her actually pregnant but they'd obviously shot out of order, strictly for the purpose of using that oh, so dramatic pregnancy plot.  You know, gotta' finish the home and/or buy it before baby!

I have to assume the networks/production companies jump at the chance to shoot a pregnant woman.  Pregnant?  Sign her up.  Planning on becoming pregnant???  Here's how you do it, hahaha!

In fact, perhaps Anne and Nathan sped up that first baby to insure they were selected for the show!  Works every time, lol.

Wow, holy spray tan!  The teen foster care couple woman was glowing ORANGE with white teeth- I could not look away!  I could tell they were going to list it- during the reveal of their reno'd house they showed barely any enthusiasm or positive reaction despite the great results Hilary had achieved!  

Wow, holy spray tan!  The teen foster care couple woman was glowing ORANGE with white teeth- I could not look away!  I could tell they were going to list it- during the reveal of their reno'd house they showed barely any enthusiasm or positive reaction despite the great results Hilary had achieved!  

Sounds like they're just lousy actors!  (I saw the episode but didn't notice.)  All the parties know the outcome in advance.  Gee, seems like they should have been happy with Hilary's results, assuming they planned to sell that home.

Does anyone know what city the Maternity Midcentury Modern was located?  I just knew it was in NC, due to the scenery and accents.  Anyone know?  And, the when dad was standing outside of the hospital after child's birth, it looked like Rex Med.  (in Raleigh, NC)

Here's an article about why they chose to film here in the Triangle.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/morning_call/2015/05/exclusive-inside-the-filming-of-love-it-or-list-it.html

Edited by SunnyBeBe