Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: Week 9: The Finale/S12.E12: After the Final Rose

• Start Topic

Since when does Jordan call JoJo "Joelle"?  I noticed in his little note with the grade-school handwriting that he started it with her given name.

He doesn't. I'm sure the production assistant who writes all the date cards also wrote that whole letter, since Jordan was so mumbly and inarticulate whenever JoJo asked him to explain his feelings, so I doubt that he suddenly turned into William Wordsworth when he got the pen in hand.

• Love 11

Actually, Reality Steve has said he's been TOLD since filming ended that they will not STAY together.

He was also TOLD lots of things previously on other seasons that weren't true either. He's retweeting anyone that says anything against Jordan just makes him look like he's desperate to be right no matter what.

Sometimes these relationships work, most of the time they don't. However, the way RS is acting is like he knows Jordan more than anyone in the world when he's just a person behind a website himself.

• Love 5

And yet more Chad on ATFR.  

I don't fucking get it.  I mean, I get it.  The show is all about ratings and "if it bleeds, it leads", etc.

But are the really trying to sell us Chad as a loose-cannon who requires security monitoring for the safety of those around him, and yet they keep inviting him back?

I'm not 100% sure that we what we saw last night wasn't a trial balloon for Chad-as-Bachelor.  I mean, they have time.  And while Luke has a good bio, he seem boring as fuck.  You just know the type of woman who thinks they can "fix" Chad is going to be bat-shit crazy, so they could get a very promising crop of contestants.  

It seems like Chad is going to come across even worse on BiP.  But at this point I wouldn't put it past Fleiss & Co. to see how everything shakes out before rejecting Chad as Bachelor.

• Love 2

I swear, JoJo needs an intervention or something. She somehow ended up with the smarmiest guy in a sea of smarmy guys, while tossing out the few guys who seems alright (Team Luke!), even after her mom basically told her that she was making a bad call. JoJo seems nice enough, but I am ready for someone new. Her fake crying and her waterproof makeup are getting on my nerves. Also, JoJo kind of sucks at dumping people, which is a real problem in a show where she has to dump 24 guys in a row. All of her goodbyes seem pretty crap, if she is trying to let them down gently. 

So are they trying to actually redeem Chad? After we are about to see him acting like a jackass 24/7 on the new show? You got an uphill battle there, buddy. 

In my Batchelorette drinking game, I take a drink every time they mention Aaron Rogers and his issues with Jordan. Except, I had to stop last night because I had to get up in the morning. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, awaken said:

Why is it SO crucial for an adult woman to have her parents' permission?  

I noticed that she would make an effort to call it their "blessing," which I think is at least a little different from "permission."  But she also slipped at least once and talked about asking for her hand in marriage, so I do think that's what she was talking about, and I just can't get over the irony of watching a woman accept her party's nomination for president one day, and less than a week later watching one of the beneficiaries of the women's rights movement considering changing her mind about marrying someone because he didn't ask her father for her hand.  

Yeah, I know, the battle was for women to have an equal right to choose what to do with their lives, but come on.  But I guess I shouldn't expect any better from someone who would go on one of these shows in the first place.  In that respect, I kind of wish EVERYBODY did it to get fame and fortune instead of love.

13 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I swear, JoJo needs an intervention or something. She somehow ended up with the smarmiest guy in a sea of smarmy guys, while tossing out the few guys who seems alright (Team Luke!), even after her mom basically told her that she was making a bad call.

But really, what does her mother know?  Or anybody in her family, when they've been around him for maybe a couple of hours in a very odd setting?  To me, that's one of the stupidest elements of a very stupid show.

13 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:
  • The even more numerous "me and him, me and her" usage by EVERYONE.

If someone had said, "There's a real connection between me and him," I would have cheered.  (If someone had said, "There's a real connection between him and me," I would have fainted.)

But oh, you're probably talking about as the subject of a sentence.  I noticed it mainly from Jordan, and I think it was "Me and JoJo blah blah blah" every. single. time.  Like he doesn't know "JoJo and I" is even an option, much less correct.  Kind of makes me wonder about Vanderbilt.

38 minutes ago, Artsda said:

They looked normal to me on Live with Kelly.

I saw a little bit of them on Jimmy Kimmel and they seemed happy to be together.  They played a "Newlywed Game" type thing where they had to answer questions about each other, one of which was to name one of the other's grandparents.  They both failed, so I would predict they'll never make it. 

Well, except I realized that Mr. Outlier and I have been together almost 20 years and I could name ONE of his grandparents ("mamaw" and "papaw" don't count), and he could name two of mine, but only because they're the answers to security questions for my login on financial websites.  Hmm...maybe I should have asked my parents' opinion of him at the 2-month mark--they probably saw this coming.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, greyhorse said:

So they already have a house in Dallas and they are moving in?  They've bought a house?  Aaron Rodgers' money bought a house?  Will be interesting to see how long they last.  Hopefully they're just leasing a house, because if they bought it together that will just create more paperwork when they inevitably break up.

JoJo is in real estate, no? Or her family is. I would bet it's one of their properties. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Andromeda said:

I wonder if "the life" JoJo was afraid she'd always regret not having was rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous...  

Exactly!  This was my big take-away from the episode....if she chose Jordon, she'd always wonder what what would have happened if she chose Robby, but if she chose Robby, she'd always wonder about giving up "the life" she could have had with Jordon.

And, why were the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders there? 

• Love 3

I never laughed harder than I did while watching her blubber about breaking up with Robby and in the same breath *gasp* *choke* *sob* "The only thing that's making this any better is..." *choke* *wipes non-existent tear* "knowing I get to..."  *tries not to actually jump up and down* "ACTUALLY SEE JORDAN!!"  *skips off with a smile a mile wide on her face*

Are you fuckin serious lady?  Jesus.  If I was Robby after seeing that I would've flipped her off on ATFR and walked off stage.

• Love 10

Reading here is the best part of this show. You guys caught me up on what happened (or, more realistically, what DIDN'T happen) while I turned over to watch ANW. Best line of the night: Jojo's mom -- "Who doesn't love Jordan?" Me -- "Almost everyone on this thread." He was such an asshat during that last date when JoJo was trying to get a straight answer out of him about why he didn't ask her parents the magic question. Even I got lost in his convoluted rhetoric. You were not the only one confused, JoJo. I saw the couple on Kimmel and how they missed the grandparent-name question. That's when I realized I don't even know the names of MY OWN grandparents, all of whom died well before I was born.

• Love 4

More thoughts--

Personally, I think Joelle's wardrobe, including what she wore on ATFR, was age appropriate. And her hair. She's 25. And yes she is a real estate investor/flipper, so she would probably be able to take care of finding a house for the two of them.

It didn't bother me that her mother told Jordan she was their princess (which obviously was true)--she was being honest, and that was an opportunity for him to cut and run if it bothered him. Apparently it didn't. Ditto with asking her parents' blessing if he were to propose. Not my style either (but both my kids did this--go figure) but apparently it didn't bother him to do it. I think Joelle would have picked him anyway.

Chad's former  Marine status was brought up earlier, I remember, at least on the ABC site, that he received an honorable discharge (which I remember discussing here as a weird thing to call out--virtually everyone gets an honorable discharge so no need to call it out, unless speculation was that he was kicked out with that temper). I always thought the Marines especially were such a tight brotherhood, so for both him and Alex to be Marines but to treat each other like shit was most interesting to me.

Never mind the happy couple's People photo--that picture of Luke in the corner was so unflattering. Really curious to see if he wants to be the Bachelor. He could be interesting--getting into West Point is so hard (even athletes like him would have to qualify academically, physically, emotionally) and surely the candidates are pretty stoic as their Army officer careers require leadership and strength under fire (look how his dad teared up telling him how proud they were of him, and he was able to just listen without also tearing up). So his season could be dealing with those walls and finding the right person to get through them. OTOH those traits could also make him not interested in being the Bachelor. I think his still waters running deep are much more interesting than having to put up with Chase's whiny side, at least to me.

But also, he like Joelle is from Texas. Perhaps Show might want to expand its geographical reach next time, or perhaps focus on his current Nashville home and music if he is the Bachelor.

• Love 3

When you break up with someone, do you hang all over them?  I couldn't get over JoJo hanging all over Robbie, all pathetic, "I wanted it to be youuuu...please look at me..."  Ugh.  Say you're sorry, it's you, not them, and buh bye.  It happens.

He was so sure!  After 6 weeks or whatever, with 25 other guys, he spent a total of what, let's generously say 24 hours total and she's his best friend?

And yes, if you are SOOOO torn between two, then you are not ready to get married.  She's with Jordan and she's thinking of Robbie, and she's with Robbie and she's thinking of Jordan?  Way to be present.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I am probably the only one here who likes Jordan, but I still do. I imagine he will move to Dallas with JoJo, they will get to know each other and break up, but I'm ok with that. JoJo seems really spoiled by her family and she has really high expectations. She wanted every ma n to say they love her and then she was actually pissed that Jordan didn't ask her family 'for her hand'. Jordan's explanation made sense; he wanted to do that only when he knows the woman loves him back. JoJo was taking everything as if she wasn't being adored enough.

I'm another one who thought Jordan actually was likable. Unlike Robbie, who I never believed for a second, Jordan seemed to want to be JoJo's... boyfriend. JoJo's "words of affirmation" requirement plus the structure of the show was a little too much for him. Like most 27-year-old guys, he just wasn't ready to be strong-armed into proposing after 6 weeks.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Dejana said:
7 hours ago, seasick said:

Ben and Lauren  getting their own reality show?  Ugh.That's a big 'so what '.  Sounds like it's going to be on the internet.  Kaitlyn and Shawn must be annoyed--I heard they tried to get a reality show themselves.  Oh--and where were they??  Maybe they had to work. Yeah.   

IIRC, the ads said the Ben/Lauren show would be on Freeform (formerly known as ABC Family). I'm not sure what makes them so much more fascinating than the rest of Bachelor/ette couples but the other wannabes in The Nation have to be seething.

I think I read somewhere that he is running for political office, maybe that's what they will focus on. Otherwise I have to agree that watching those 2 go about their daily lives would not be interesting, I'd much rather see Kaitlyn and Shawn famewhore their way around the country.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, CaughtOnTape said:

I never laughed harder than I did while watching her blubber about breaking up with Robby and in the same breath *gasp* *choke* *sob* "The only thing that's making this any better is..." *choke* *wipes non-existent tear* "knowing I get to..."  *tries not to actually jump up and down* "ACTUALLY SEE JORDAN!!"  *skips off with a smile a mile wide on her face*

Are you fuckin serious lady?  Jesus.  If I was Robby after seeing that I would've flipped her off on ATFR and walked off stage.

Seriously. I always got the feeling she didn't care about them at all, but just hated the idea she would look like the bad guy. 

She should have brought onion juice or something so that her sobs could be accompanied by a genuine tear or two. But then her makeup might run and that wouldn't look good when she saw the man she'd realized that morning that she was really really in love with (compared with just being "really" in love with Robby). Methinks there's lots of lying to F2 in the FS which is kind of weird because its the first time you have a chance to tell them (or at least hint at) the truth--and maybe, just possibly, put them in the friend zone rather than have sex so they're NOT really blind-sided. But I'm hopelessly old-fashioned, I guess. The show may not like it, but there are ways to do it. 

It's pretty ridiculous to think any of these people is genuinely "in love" with two men  24 hours earlier and miraculously realizes which is her soul mate just by waking up on the final day, and getting ready for a proposal. (By the way, when did that become the expected outcome here? Jojo kept assuming that would happen. Personally, I like the "I want it to be you, let's see how it goes" a lot better than a proposal. (And I hate the whole parental blessing/permission thing. They like him. They approve of the relationship. That's good enough for adults to make their own decisions from there.)

They're a cute couple and I'm sure their "house together" is some parents' property they can rent for a while.  Hope they have fun while it lasts but Chris doesn't have to start planning to officiate at another B-wedding for these two (with or without Aaron Rodgers. Sheesh!)

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

I think I read somewhere that he is running for political office, maybe that's what they will focus on. Otherwise I have to agree that watching those 2 go about their daily lives would not be interesting, I'd much rather see Kaitlyn and Shawn famewhore their way around the country.

Ben announced he was running for office, as a Republican (so, yeah, fuck you Ben) and then a few days later abruptly said "nevermind".  I'm assuming that someone at ABC told him they're not giving him a show while he runs for office.  And, showing the depth of his convictions and the order of his priorities, Ben chose a 3rd-tier, sub-basic cable reality show over public service.

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, Padma said:

Seriously. I always got the feeling she didn't care about them at all, but just hated the idea she would look like the bad guy. 

She should have brought onion juice or something so that her sobs could be accompanied by a genuine tear or two. But then her makeup might run and that wouldn't look good when she saw the man she'd realized that morning that she was really really in love with (compared with just being "really" in love with Robby). Methinks there's lots of lying to F2 in the FS which is kind of weird because its the first time you have a chance to tell them (or at least hint at) the truth--and maybe, just possibly, put them in the friend zone rather than have sex so they're NOT really blind-sided. But I'm hopelessly old-fashioned, I guess. The show may not like it, but there are ways to do it. 

It's pretty ridiculous to think any of these people is genuinely "in love" with two men  24 hours earlier and miraculously realizes which is her soul mate just by waking up on the final day, and getting ready for a proposal. (By the way, when did that become the expected outcome here? Jojo kept assuming that would happen. Personally, I like the "I want it to be you, let's see how it goes" a lot better than a proposal. (And I hate the whole parental blessing/permission thing. They like him. They approve of the relationship. That's good enough for adults to make their own decisions from there.)

They're a cute couple and I'm sure their "house together" is some parents' property they can rent for a while.  Hope they have fun while it lasts but Chris doesn't have to start planning to officiate at another B-wedding for these two (with or without Aaron Rodgers. Sheesh!)

That's what I was wondering. I've only seen a handful of seasons but I didn't think it was a requirement that the guy propose. She is supposed to be choosing but the guy is being told he has to ask her to marry him? All I could think about when she was browbeating and harassing him about asking Daddy for (gag) "her hand" was that Chad was right in the beginning- she IS a nag!

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, Lesia said:

And yes, if you are SOOOO torn between two, then you are not ready to get married.  She's with Jordan and she's thinking of Robbie, and she's with Robbie and she's thinking of Jordan?  Way to be present.

Yeah seriously!  Can you imagine hearing that from a guy that when he is with you,  he's thinking of the other girl?  And then, although they admit it was pretty much a toss-up til the bitter end,  they settle on YOU?   See ya!!   

Why can't they use half a brain and say "there is one who is very special to me..   but no mention of who it is.  It doesn't take a genius to write that script  for these leads.  One of my biggest complaints of their script. 

• Love 4

pretty sure it's been discussed that it's in their contract that they have to be at Show's beck and call for a year? or so after their season, so public office isn't even possible. Ben should have realized that before throwing his hat into the ring.

Mr MML asked what channel number is Freeform? I told him it's just after No one really cares.

• Love 1

This show is anything but traditional, but I don't have a problem with her wanting Jordan to ask her dad for his blessing.  It's tradition, yes, and personal opinion may say it's 2016 and it's archaic, but obviously still very important to JoJo.  They talked about it, they talked about how important it was... so Jordan needed to respect that.  I think Jordan just froze.  Dr. Fletcher seems quite intimidating in his mild mannered speech and I think Jordan just got nervous.  The "I've always envisioned this moment in my life but I want to do it only if I know I'm the final one" could be a reasonable explanation, but who are we kidding?  This is a reality show and did young Jordan lie in his twin bed with the Star Wars sheets envisioning one day he would be getting married to a woman he met on a farce of a show?  I think not.  I think Jordan made up that excuse since he knew that he screwed up.  

It seems like that when Bachelorette ends, they go right into BIP, so they never announce who the next Bachelor is?  But when the Bachelor ends, the Bachelorette gets announced on the AFTR?  Still curious why there seems to be no support for Robbie.  Wonder what JoJo thinks of that.  I wonder when she and Jordan break up if she'll be tempted to go look up Robbie again.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

pretty sure it's been discussed that it's in their contract that they have to be at Show's beck and call for a year? or so after their season, so public office isn't even possible. Ben should have realized that before throwing his hat into the ring.

Mr MML asked what channel number is Freeform? I told him it's just after No one really cares.

If they have to be the show's bitch for a year, what's stopping "the show" from giving them huge incentive to stay together for a certain length of time to make the love stories seem legit. The recent couples are staying together which seems odd to me considering that as the show's popularity grows so does the amount of wrong reasons contestants. It makes sense that there would be more breakups but that's not happening. 

I kind of like the "get her parents' blessing" before proposing idea.  It's old-fashioned, but kind of nice.  It gets the family involved and makes for a more unified front for the upcoming nuptuals.  It's like wearing a tuxedo to a wedding, or a cap and gown at a graduation--its quaint and kind of awkward, but a nice throw-back to the past at the same time.

Actually, I wish more of these contestants would ask for their own parents' blessing before agreeing to appear on these shows in the first place.  We'd get a LOT fewer idiots!

• Love 2

As insincere as her F2 both were, at least Robby put some effort into it. He said all the right things and actually had me wondering if he was in love with her (especially because he used ATFR to probe about her relationship and if she still pictured a future together rather than pitch a Bachelor audition). Jordan could barely put two heartfelt words together. I can't be the only one who noticed how long he hesitated after Soraya asked him to promise not to break Jojo's heart! That's exactly what I look like when someone asks me a question I know I can't answer truthfully! Then he shook his head no as he was saying "absolutely." Body language. He was there for a good time and probably would have been happy to date casually, but Jojo made it clear she expected a proposal (and the show, for that matter, doesn't really allow open-ended finales anymore which is a shame) and he looked terrified. Every time he said "bend the knee" it sounded like a death sentence. 

Jojo was throwing a fit that Robby was so obviously the right choice (well, between those two anyway) when she just wanted someone to tell her Jordan was her heaven-sent soulmate. So much denial! Her dad came back crying with emotion after Robby asked for his blessing, and Jojo's response was, "You can see how much THESE TWO guys love me, huh?"

The only time I sympathized with Jordan a little was when Chris Harrison absolutely would not let his personal family life stay private. The way he completely avoided the question the first time should have been enough to tell CH not to push it.

Jojo is boring and I am right there with everyone who cringed at her use of the word "weary" instead of "wary", but she looked the best I've seen her at ATFR. That was a great dress and hairstyle. But I am so glad this season is over. Like, so, so glad. We all know the most important reason to watch the Bachelor(ette) anyway is to familiarize ourselves with the BiP cast! Bring on that premiere!

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

Dr. Fletcher seems quite intimidating in his mild mannered speech and I think Jordan just got nervous. 

I guess that's one of the advantages of age.  I find her father to be completely unintimidating.  Although some of that may have been his outfit, when he wore shorts when he met Robby.  For Jordan, he had on long pants.  Maybe that was the tipping point.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

If they have to be the show's bitch for a year, what's stopping "the show" from giving them huge incentive to stay together for a certain length of time to make the love stories seem legit. The recent couples are staying together which seems odd to me considering that as the show's popularity grows so does the amount of wrong reasons contestants. It makes sense that there would be more breakups but that's not happening. 

I think one of the incentives is that the woman gets to keep the engagement ring IF they couple either stays together for 2 years or they get married.

As for the show forcing the couple to stay together to make the show legit, I don't think they can really do that. They can limit appearances, endorsements, earning potential, etc., but I don't think you can force anyone to be together if they don't want to. Maybe they can give more incentives to prolong the relationship, sure, but if the couple is ready to kill each other, I don't see what kind of incentives TPTB can give to force them to stay for a certain period of time. 

There's been a lot of breakups, at least from the recent seasons I've watched - Brad/Emily, Emily/Jef, Ben/Courtney, JP/Nikki, Andi/Josh, Britt/Brady (if you count them), Chris/Whitney. There were more breakups than couples who stayed together. Sean is the first Bachelor to actually marry his F1, right? And isn't he the 15th Bachelor already or something?! The B'ettes have a higher success rate, but IIRC, it's only Trista, Ashley and Des who married their F1. 

17 hours ago, awaken said:

It could not possibly have been telegraphed more clearly, w Robby so sure, and perfect in every way, and Jordan in doubt. Duh, show, you'll have to do better in order to fool us!  

Why is it SO crucial for an adult woman to have her parents' permission?  

So jojo was "raised a princess"?  Jeesh. 

It's such an old fashioned notion to ask her father's permission.  It's so patriarchal (a father has ownership of his daughter until he gives her to her husband), and I was actually surprised that a 25 y/o insisted it happen.  By the way, JoJo never said her parents, she said father.  Robbie was the one nice enough to include her mother.

But I guess people who deliberately "raised a princess" and have no problem saying so, have no problem with JoJo saying on national TV that she expected a "fairy tale" romance.  I had been thinking that this woman was poised and mature for her age, but that all disappeared with the fairy tale comment.  I actually thought - she said that out loud?  And no one laughed?

For someone who claimed to suffer so much by being led on by Ben, she really did a mindfuck on Robbie.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I think one of the incentives is that the woman gets to keep the engagement ring IF they couple either stays together for 2 years or they get married.

They can also get reality show paid gigs like Dancing with the Stars, Marriage Boot Camp, etc.  For fame whores, that may be enough incentive to stay together for a while.

• Love 1

I don't hate the 'asking the father for her hand' because it's old fashioned- I hate it because it's stupid and gross- like Daddy/daughter purity balls.

Edited by mingming
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, jade.black said:

As insincere as her F2 both were, at least Robby put some effort into it. He said all the right things and actually had me wondering if he was in love with her (especially because he used ATFR to probe about her relationship and if she still pictured a future together rather than pitch a Bachelor audition). Jordan could barely put two heartfelt words together. I can't be the only one who noticed how long he hesitated after Soraya asked him to promise not to break Jojo's heart! That's exactly what I look like when someone asks me a question I know I can't answer truthfully! Then he shook his head no as he was saying "absolutely." Body language. He was there for a good time and probably would have been happy to date casually, but Jojo made it clear she expected a proposal (and the show, for that matter, doesn't really allow open-ended finales anymore which is a shame) and he looked terrified. Every time he said "bend the knee" it sounded like a death sentence. 

Jojo was throwing a fit that Robby was so obviously the right choice (well, between those two anyway) when she just wanted someone to tell her Jordan was her heaven-sent soulmate. So much denial! Her dad came back crying with emotion after Robby asked for his blessing, and Jojo's response was, "You can see how much THESE TWO guys love me, huh?"

Did Jordan really say "bend the knee"?  That's so Game of Thrones.

I agree JoJo kind of threw a fit.  What I find interesting was everyone's lack of response.  Her siblings remained dry-eyed and silent (probably accustomed to the drama queen), and there was a long pause before her mother finally patted her on the shoulder.  JoJo seems the very stereotype of insisting she wants a nice guy, and rejecting him when he's standing there saying exactly what she claims she wants to hear.

2 minutes ago, mingming said:

I don't hate the 'asking the father for her hand' because it's old fashioned and archaic- I hate it because it's stupid and gross- like Daddy/daughter purity balls.

Which goes along with the patriarchy.  Daddy owns his daughter's virginity until he gives it to her husband.  And yes - it's gross.

• Love 5

I don't mean forcing them though. Obviously you can't force two people to stay together but you can give them some real serious incentive, which may be getting better as the seasons go by and as the viewers see that there are no right reasons contestants anymore. If the producers want to legitimize the show's premise they can also pay them to keep up appearances, even if they don't even live together. I guess that's far fetched though but still, it crossed my mind. I'm very cynical about reality shows. 

It looks like JoJo and Jordan are really putting forth an effort to look like they're in love and it may last a little while. I didn't think what's-his-face would stay with Kaitlyn but he did and Ben and the most boring girl in the world are still pretending. And now they get a reality show? Give me a fucking break. So what is the franchise going to offer JoJo and Jor Jor?

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I don't think agreeing to be available to represent the franchise for a year is much of a hardship (and there is probably compensation for it). I doubt Show could or would demand the lead stay fake-engaged.  It's a business, no more, no less. The brand isn't really affected if Emily and Jef split or Kaitlyn and Shawn stay together, as ratings are pretty consistent through the years.

49 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

Still curious why there seems to be no support for Robbie.  Wonder what JoJo thinks of that.  I wonder when she and Jordan break up if she'll be tempted to go look up Robbie again.

Robbie probably isn't getting support because he was obviously insincere. He didn't add up. His face never matched his words (unlike Jordan, whose face hedged along with his words -- but who did actually tear up when JoJo finally said she loved him). Robbie actually squeezed his eyes in the limo to try to make a tear come out after JoJo dumped him. I'm not sure it worked.

The guys who tell you they love you right off the bat (and mean it) can't hide the emotion on their faces. They're earnest, scared, even a little puppy-dog. Robbie was completely stoic. Stoic guys can love just as much, but they don't say so on the first date and every chance they get after.

As a side note, Jordan gets points in my book for picking one of the classier rings in Bachelor history. A gigantic center stone should not have a triple halo, Mr. Lane!

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Sean is the first Bachelor to actually marry his F1, right? And isn't he the 15th Bachelor already or something?! The B'ettes have a higher success rate, but IIRC, it's only Trista, Ashley and Des who married their F1. 

To be fair, the last two couples from the show (Kaitlyn & Shawn and Ben & Lauren) both seem sincere about getting married.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

They can also get reality show paid gigs like Dancing with the Stars, Marriage Boot Camp, etc.  For fame whores, that may be enough incentive to stay together for a while.

None of the female leads aside from Trista has ever been offered "Dancing with the Stars".  And I certainly can't see JoJo being the only one since.  She can't even walk straight. 

Every time Jordan said the "bend the knee" thing, it reminds me of all the football coaches that tell their team to "take a knee" when they want to talk to them in a group.  Actually made sense to me he'd use that type of phrase.  But he lost me when he kept talking about how he wanted to "do life" with JoJo and Aaron chose to "do life" away from his family.  Idiot. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Did Jordan really say "bend the knee"?  That's so Game of Thrones.

Haha maybe it's me who watches too much Game of Thrones! I couldn't bring myself to rewatch the finale and find out for sure, but whatever phrasing he kept using, it sounded equally as awkward ("get on a knee?" Can't remember). Anyway he sure seemed like he was gathering the courage to marry a Lannister and secure the Iron Throne (aka his image) or something, so maybe my brain got confused.

• Love 1

I liked the ring too-I can't believe people think it was too small-how big do you need? I feel the same way about Robbie-everything seems fake including his hair. Yes, Jordan fumbled his words and had messy hair, and didn't ask for her hand right away, but he seemed like a real person. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I don't mean forcing them though. Obviously you can't force two people to stay together but you can give them some real serious incentive, which may be getting better as the seasons go by and as the viewers see that there are no right reasons contestants anymore. If the producers want to legitimize the show's premise they can also pay them to keep up appearances, even if they don't even live together. I guess that's far fetched though but still, it crossed my mind. I'm very cynical about reality shows. 

I don't think TPTB or even Chris Harrison cares about legitimizing the show at this point. It's a cash cow for them and that's all that matters. Because another way to legitimize the show (if they truly cared), is to cast the right people, and not Chad, or Twins, other really extremely vulnerable & sensitive people. who have deep-seated psychological issues. But the more cray-cray, the better for casting. So at this point they know it's a farce but as long as it'll bring the viewers, they'll happily pretend to think it's all about love.

It looks like JoJo and Jordan are really putting forth an effort to look like they're in love and it may last a little while. I didn't think what's-his-face would stay with Kaitlyn but he did and Ben and the most boring girl in the world are still pretending. And now they get a reality show? Give me a fucking break. So what is the franchise going to offer JoJo and Jor Jor?

Apparently, promoting on Instagram is a thing now?! I think that's what Kaitlyn and Shawn is doing - they tag a certain brand/item/whatever and promote they're using it and it works and they get cash for it. Kaitlyn brazenly admitted she did the show to improve her brand, not necessarily to find a boyfriend. Finding Shawn was just a bonus.

And like RedheadZombie said above, there's always DWTS, which is a pretty sweet gig. On keeping appearances, it looks like Chris Farmer and Whitney did it long enough so he can secure his DWTS spot. The last few weeks before he was gone, Whitney was no longer in the audience. After DWTS is over, they announce their breakup. I see your point. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I liked the ring too-I can't believe people think it was too small-how big do you need? I feel the same way about Robbie-everything seems fake including his hair. Yes, Jordan fumbled his words and had messy hair, and didn't ask for her hand right away, but he seemed like a real person. 

Dear lord, who thinks a 3.5 carat diamond is small??? Anything bigger is too big to even wear in public.

• Love 8

I wonder if all these diamond rings get recycled and used again?

After the love is declared, claim they are getting married "next year", do all the TV shows and then breakup, is the ring Fed-Exed back to Neil Lane?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, seasick said:

There was one season where the F1 came first.  I believe it was on a Bachelor season, but not sure. The F1 was proposed, then ushered away to wait while he/she dumped the other.  Wish I could remember.  It wasn't a bad idea and I wish they'd try it again.  Help me out here if anyone recalls who it was.

Seasick, That was Jesse's season.  After Tara, got violently ill on the way to the rose ceremony, her limo was delayed, so Jessica had to go first.  While he was saying goodbye to Tara, Jessica was shown peering through a window.  Given how awkward that whole scene appeared, I have a feeling that now they schedule the limos at least two hours apart. 

1 hour ago, Gregg247 said:

I kind of like the "get her parents' blessing" before proposing idea.  It's old-fashioned, but kind of nice.  It gets the family involved and makes for a more unified front for the upcoming nuptuals.  It's like wearing a tuxedo to a wedding, or a cap and gown at a graduation--its quaint and kind of awkward, but a nice throw-back to the past at the same time.

Actually, I wish more of these contestants would ask for their own parents' blessing before agreeing to appear on these shows in the first place.  We'd get a LOT fewer idiots!

JoJo's insistence on Jordan getting her parents' blessing bothered me. Don't get me wrong. I get why a person would do it--for the reasons you mentioned, and more. :) 

But last night I looked at JoJo and thought,"You want traditional? Oh, honey. NOTHING about this process has been traditional. Give the boy a break!" Actually that's a lie. My last sentence was something like,"You've got some nerve expecting something traditional from this pile of bullsh**!" 

Really, though. After I got over my initial frustration, I felt a teeny, weeny bit bad that JoJo was hoping for some sort of normalcy.

And Robby? I don't know what to say. In a different thread, I went on about his hair. It's always unnerved me. I couldn't help but notice when they showed a shot of him in the shower, he avoided dousing his hair. If he's gonna keep on keepin' on in Hollywood, I hope that an influential stylist comes along and says or does something that changes his look.

As for Chad, I barely paid attention. That said, I didn't mind him 'til I saw the preview for BiP. If he's being produced UnREAL style, he needs to stop falling for TPTB's shenanigans.

Edited by C76
I added a minor comment about Robby's future.

I thought the final 4 guys were pretty much all the same guy.  She went for the most famous one of the bunch which isn't exactly a recipe for success.  I didn't feel sorry for Robbie but I also don't understand the point of dragging a second person along to the point of picking out a ring.  Shouldn't they just be eliminated on the last date night? 

What I didn't like with all of Jojo's breakups was that she was wanted to be comforted and told it was ok that she was breaking up with them.  The guy gets dumped, but she's the one inconsolable in tears and drama.  Ugh.

Jordan seemed to know that he was going to "lose" so he quickly called her parents the next morning.  How dumb.  He was right, why would he ask for a blessing when there's still another guy that she's dating.  Jojo never seemed to understand that that might be an impediment to a real proposal.  Who in the world thinks they should propose when the significant other is in another relationship?

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Artsda said:

Reality Steve is another dog with a bone on this, he's so obsessed to be right that they're not even together anymore,  he'll retweet anything that is against Jordan in anyway.  It's like he has personal issues with Jordan the way he's been reacting.

I am not surprise RS is going after Jordon.  He always goes after the "popular" guy.  He really did a number on: Jerry from Jen's season, Ed from Jillian's and Arie from Emily's.  In my opinion, the guy is a jerk.  His main goal is "clicks". 

• Love 4

So they're supposedly moving to Dallas, eh?  Oh joy.  I guess Jordan thinks he could be the next Dallas Cowboys quarterback.  Not on my watch, bucko!  Now if it were Aaron....

Speaking of Aaron, I think it was pretty crappy of that family to air their dirty laundry on a stupid "reality" show.  Were they really shocked he didn't want to have anything to do with it?  IMO, he wouldn't have even if he didn't have the famous girlfriend.  Why would he?

I did like the ring.  The idiot guys usually go for the biggest rock, but it looks like JoJo has small hands so a huge diamond would have looked gaudy.  I wonder what she'll do with it when they inevitably break up.  Ebay!

I thought the ring was fine in size and style. But Joelle didn't. That's how I read her face on first sighting it. 

Ah. good luck to 'em. But that was boring and deeply lacking in suspense. Soraya called it when she referred to Jordan as a 'playboy'. Playboys can fall in love and settle with a particular woman, but Jor is clearly not in love with Jo. Even when I loathe the lead I am usually thrilled to bits to see them clutch each other joyously, and fondly imagine that maybe this pair can make a go of it. Not this time.

Something else: Ben's hair! Was it sprayed black?! It looked very odd. And Chad's beard had grown in very dark and thick all the way up to his cheekbones like a pirate/werewolf!

• Love 2

Didn't one year the losing guy threw the ring out the window?  Or am I remembering that from something else?

Women are pretty particular about the ring they envision wearing for potentially the rest of their life.  I'm assuming that Jordan and Robbie actually had discussions with her about what she likes, as most couples who are getting ready to get engaged do.  So wouldn't she tell both of the guys the same thing?  But in all the years of watching, I always seem to remember the two remaining guys each picking a different ring.  I don't remember seeing the ring Robbie picked, or did I just miss it out of boredom?  What if each guy wanted the same oval stone that Jordan picked?  Does Neil Lane have two of each ring?

1 hour ago, violet and green said:

I thought the ring was fine in size and style. But Joelle didn't. That's how I read her face on first sighting it. 

Ah. good luck to 'em. But that was boring and deeply lacking in suspense. Soraya called it when she referred to Jordan as a 'playboy'. Playboys can fall in love and settle with a particular woman, but Jor is clearly not in love with Jo. Even when I loathe the lead I am usually thrilled to bits to see them clutch each other joyously, and fondly imagine that maybe this pair can make a go of it. Not this time.

Something else: Ben's hair! Was it sprayed black?! It looked very odd. And Chad's beard had grown in very dark and thick all the way up to his cheekbones like a pirate/werewolf!

Exactly. I don't doubt that Jordan might settle down with someone but I find it highly unlikely that that girl will be JoJo. He doesn't seem that into her, besides perhaps being physically attracted. In most of their scenes together, it feels like JoJo was pulling teeth in order to get some validation and reassurance from Jordan. It's especially noticeable since she's the one with all of the power -- yet was doing mental gymnastics to turn a blind eye to Jordan's overall hesitation. I don't know, from the very start, I've never felt any real love for JoJo from Jordan (whereas, looking at the past two seasons, Shawn was clearly crazy about Kaitlyn from the start, while Ben looked at Lauren B. like she was the best thing since sliced bread). 

• Love 6