Type keyword(s) to search

Fall/Winter Makeup Collections

• Start Topic

The place for fall and winter. Whether it's Chanel's brown and reds, or Dior's purple, or Mac's Star Trek collection, the Urban Decay new metallics or eyeliners, or whatever, this is the place to discuss what you like/want/hate, etc.

Any decent red shadows out there? Looked at the Chanel fall quad, and I have a lot of neutrals already. I do have the Rouge Noir pot from Holiday 2015. I do like a couple of the red lipsticks - as if I need more - Tentation and Vie.

I got the Sephora b day gift freebie set chose the Marc Jacobs eyeliner and lipstick. I just thought that was more fun plus I CANNOT use the fresh products they were giving as the other option. I tried those exact ones about 2 months ago and had a bad reaction. 

24 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Red eyeshadow you mean? nyx has one and of course my girl Kat Von D. I think it looks amazing on blue, green, and hazel eyes and is so mysterious and inviting for fall and winter. 

I have a lot of neutrals and paying $68 for the Chanel quad for one shade? I liked the copper illusion d'ombre eyeshadow/base along with the Rouge Tentation and Vie lipsticks. I shall check out your suggested dupes.

The local Sephoras ran out of birthday gifts by December, when it is my birthday. I ordered online to receive it.

I know! The packaging is almost identical to the Tom Ford fall Orchid collection. I hope the eyeshadow palette is good for $95 US/$115 CAD. I think Chic Profile has a list of the collection, and prices. Haven't seen the new YSL lipsticks yet. Probably arrive at the downtown Holt Renfrew sometime in the next week or so. Haven't been to a Sephora in a while. Have you tried them?

Wet n Wild is coming out with a new collection Midnight Mermaid. It's gonna have some new metallic versions of Liquid Catsuit liquid lipstick and some liquid metallic eyeshade dupes for Stila Magnificent Metals, and some metallic eyeliners. So affordable for less than $15 you can get an entire haul. 

• Love 2

Huda Beauty is releasing a new eyeshadow palette called Desert Dusk on 9/18. It looks like same 18 shade layout as her Rose Gold one which is dunzo. It looks like there's no textures foils but some traditional MUG style foils one is a pinky white duochrome. There's a matte taupe, a plum. 

Purple, lilac, plum, rosewood mattes are really on trend right now. And metallic anything in makeup is still so strong. 

• Love 1

Update on the Huda Desert Sunset eyeshadow palette. Some swatches like 6 were posted and is gonna be 4 finishes and I think 20 shades total. it looks really nice! There's mattes, foiled, glitter, and toppers. Some of the shadows were hand made and are gonna be hand pressed. 

On 8/4/2017 at 9:52 AM, Petunia13 said:

Wet n Wild is coming out with a new collection Midnight Mermaid. It's gonna have some new metallic versions of Liquid Catsuit liquid lipstick and some liquid metallic eyeshade dupes for Stila Magnificent Metals, and some metallic eyeliners. So affordable for less than $15 you can get an entire haul. 

I'm planning on getting the whole collection. It looks beautiful. 

• Love 1

Courtesy of Trendmood here's a pic of the Huda Dessert Sunset Palette out 9/18

I'm also attaching a picture of my Huda Rose Gold palette for comparison. You see there's 2 shades somewhat close to ones in the new palette. But upon study the one I hit pan on in the old palette is less vanilla and the lowest right shade is less orange, more clay colored. You also see the new palette includes a mirror and the old one has a clear top like a z palette. I really hope this doesn't drive up the price since the old palette was $65.

I think it's worth it and the quality is fantastic. In general these work best if you have a lot of practice using fingers on eyes or shadow cocktail (put a base shade then build other shades or finishes on top). If you aren't good or experienced at doing a cut crease the textured shadows actually can give that effect by carefully packing with your pinky over the lid after your crease is finished. 

IMG_2544.PNG

IMG_2545.JPG

I know my old palette up top looks gross haha I'm a big fan of not cleaning it up for pics or video so people know you used the hell out of them and know it well. 

Here's some more pics (from Trendmood) of the Huda sunset palette coming out 9/18 -it's looks gorgeous and her mattes perform really well too! 

IMG_2577.PNG

• Love 1

Kat Von D's cathedral inspired Saint and Sinner palette release has been pushed back until the holidays. She said it's because she wants it to be perfect (the shades are all new, but also the packaging and embossed designs on the outside have to be on point). 

IMG_2578.PNG

• Love 1

Ordered a couple of items from the Bay as part of the VIP 10% off cosmetics event last weekend:

Chanel Road Movie eyeshadow quad

EL Victoria Beckham eye foil in the Blonde colour

Dior new liquid lipstick in the Red Plum colour

Should arrive within a week or so.

• Love 1

Viseart has a new palette available at Sephora the Golden Hour it's 9 shadows and $49. Their products are hand made and pressed I believe in Paris (which is why their collections and items aren't released as often or as myriad as KVD or Lauder ect). Anyhow the common cliche is they "blend like a dream". I completely concur. The shadows are extremely pigmented (you won't need much - like half of normal) and very finely milled so the transitions appear seamless and the colors (even bold shades) look melded into or inside your skin (if that makes sense). The brand does a pretty good job. 

This is a foundation I'd have to get matched in person on my face. 

Jazzi Fillipek and SariReanna both love the finish, which was described as soft and velvety, and they have very very oily skin. 

The powder highlighters are gorgeous and beyond being used as a highlight can be used as eyeshadow. 

I'd choose good skincare, and then budget clothing and makeup accordingly.  Good, classic clothes can last a long time and you'd only need a few pieces here and there to stay current with trends.  You can probably also build a nice fair-sized classic makeup collection with colours you wear a lot.

Wet and Wild has reformulated their eyeshadows and come out with some new highlighters. I bought the Not A Basic Peach palette and the Goddess Glow liquid highlight (dupe for Cover Fx) Very Nice! I like to put a drop of the highlight in my foundation and mix it and put that my cheekbones and Cupid's Bow. It's beautiful on collarbones too. 

I think Milani is working on a bunch of new stuff too right now. I feel trend soon will be pastels and fun but wearable pops of color. But I hear also cat eyes and smokey eyes are going to be very strong for spring. 

Wet and Wild has reformulated their eyeshadows and come out with some new highlighters. I bought the Not A Basic Peach palette and the Goddess Glow liquid highlight (dupe for Cover Fx) Very Nice! I like to put a drop of the highlight in my foundation and mix it and put that my cheekbones and Cupid's Bow. It's beautiful on collarbones too. 

I think Milani is working on a bunch of new stuff too right now. I feel trend soon will be pastels and fun but wearable pops of color. But I hear also cat eyes and smokey eyes are going to be very strong for spring.