Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
lilmarysunshine

Kelly Meza-Dodd

Recommended Posts


Last night, I went to a Real Housewives event that was held at a local casino. Kelly, Dorinda and Teresa were there. Kelly got a great deal of applause when she came out (not as much as Dorinda). Each woman spoke a bit about her life before she became a Real Housewife, then they answered questions that had been submitted by the audience prior to the start of the evening. They also answered some live audience questions. In response to a question, Kelly said that the 3 housewives she would not want to film with were Vicki, Tamra and Danielle Staub, the latter because she was dangerous. She said the only OC housewife she has a friendship with at this time is Emily. She said a lot of very nice things about Emily, but then acknowledged that Shane was an unpopular figure with viewers. She said that the loss of her friendship with Shannon really hurt. She said she felt bullied this season. In response to a direct question, she said she had never pulled a train, had never even had a threesome and that both Vicki and Tamra knew the rumor was false. She was asked if Vicki had been demoted because of the cocaine accusations, but she didn’t answer that question directly. She said her favorite filming moments were with Jolie. She said she had broken up with the plastic surgeon and that a lot of people felt that he had been using her. She said she was very happy with her new boyfriend. She said she had spent 10 days in the Hamptons as Ramona’s guest this summer and she and Dorinda talked about how much energy Ramona had, with events planned all day every day. The three ladies on stage seemed to enjoy each other and the only time things got negative were when Vicki and Tamra were being discussed, with several F bombs being dropped by both Kelly and Teresa. (Teresa also named Tamra as one of the three housewives she would not want to film with.) She joked about moving to New York and joining RHONY. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it ended up being a fun evening.

7C4DD242-9573-4472-9D0D-DCAD1ED2384D.jpeg

  • Like 16
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

As I said on the other thread, I give it six months. They both have pretty shitty relationship track records.

Oops!  I’m not caught up on the other thread.  My bad

Share this post


Link to post

I was surprised that Kelly was in such a rush to get married again.  I think she wants to be taken care of in many ways.  While I do believe her ex, the plastic surgeon, was a little odd, I think he often calmed her down and offered good advice.  I liked Michael her ex husband too.  She would be a lot to handle in a relationship.  It’s her new guys third marriage so time will tell.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Oops!  I’m not caught up on the other thread.  My bad

No, my bad. I didn't know Kelly had a dedicated thread. 😁

Edited by Sew Sumi

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I was surprised that Kelly was in such a rush to get married again.  I think she wants to be taken care of in many ways.  While I do believe her ex, the plastic surgeon, was a little odd, I think he often calmed her down and offered good advice.  I liked Michael her ex husband too.  She would be a lot to handle in a relationship.  It’s her new guys third marriage so time will tell.

My bet is her divorce settlement wasn’t as generous as she would have us believe or she spent most of it on the gluten free water investment.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Rick is a veteran (decades long) war correspondent...but if he marries Kelly he will experience stress and warfare on a whole new level.  
 

Kelly is her own worst enemy.  If she could control her anger, she would have richer relationships.  She seems to have a heart, but lashes out like a wild animal towards those that just want what’s best for Kelly.  She needs to understand that there is a line, and crossing it is not okay.  
 

I like Kelly best when she lets her guard down, like the scenes with Jolie. She does show a kind heart, but there’s a hurt Kelly inside that appears as rage when something sets her off. The problem is, she’s the type that gets upset when you don’t expect it.

I hope she can temper her anger and learn to control her impulses.  I do feel for her at times.  Best wishes to her and congrats on the engagement.

  • Like 16
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

I like Kelly best when she lets her guard down, like the scenes with Jolie. She does show a kind heart, but there’s a hurt Kelly inside that appears as rage when something sets her off. The problem is, she’s the type that gets upset when you don’t expect it.

Good description-I keep liking Kelly up until she does something mean or is cruel to someone.  If she could work on not spewing her anger at whomever is around, she would have better relationships all around.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/14/2019 at 11:04 AM, Emmeline said:

I was surprised that Kelly was in such a rush to get married again.  I think she wants to be taken care of in many ways.  While I do believe her ex, the plastic surgeon, was a little odd, I think he often calmed her down and offered good advice.  I liked Michael her ex husband too.  She would be a lot to handle in a relationship.  It’s her new guys third marriage so time will tell.

There must be a likeable side to Kelly that just doesn't show up on-screen.  She sure manages to nab men (which likely has to do with, eh-hem, other things), but she also has a lot of friends including many current and past housewives.

But for the life of me, I can't figure it out.  I do think Kelly has a vulnerable side to her, but I need to see that before I can like her.  For now, she seems empty and devoid of substance.

I actually liked both Bryan and Michael.  Kelly would be a lot to deal with and I think her husband did his best.  Brian got the heck out of dodge early on.

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/14/2019 at 2:45 PM, LakeGal said:

Kelly will probably use this to over shadow Vikki's engagement.

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking. The marriage ISN'T going to happen for Dodd and her fiance with the gigantic nose (forgot his name.. Rick Nosenthal?)

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/14/2019 at 5:34 PM, IKnowRight said:

Rick is a veteran (decades long) war correspondent...but if he marries Kelly he will experience stress and warfare on a whole new level.  
 

Kelly is her own worst enemy.  If she could control her anger, she would have richer relationships.  She seems to have a heart, but lashes out like a wild animal towards those that just want what’s best for Kelly.  She needs to understand that there is a line, and crossing it is not okay.  
 

I like Kelly best when she lets her guard down, like the scenes with Jolie. She does show a kind heart, but there’s a hurt Kelly inside that appears as rage when something sets her off. The problem is, she’s the type that gets upset when you don’t expect it.

I hope she can temper her anger and learn to control her impulses.  I do feel for her at times.  Best wishes to her and congrats on the engagement.

I like Kelly, but she crazy! So am I, so whatever! I am just so surprised by people my age who fall so fast and get engaged, or married again so quickly. I just think (from my own personal experience with my last long term -16 years-GULP) I wouldn’t rather drive spikes under my nails than get involved with anyone again, it’s been two years and I’ve had one date and he was nice but too clingy. I am also not wealthy but take care of myself and always have....I just like my dogs more than most people, I’d rather be with them and a bottle of wine (or two!) I also wait tables & bartend on the weekend for “fun” that’s my fill of strangers and conversation....nice and distant!! 

ETA I don’t have children so that is another thing I don’t think is necessarily healthy, exposing them to fling after fling, look how Ryan turned out! She seems to have a good relationship with the far more mature Jolie....but that could change. 

Edited by JD5166
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/14/2019 at 11:01 PM, Jextella said:

There must be a likeable side to Kelly that just doesn't show up on-screen.  She sure manages to nab men (which likely has to do with, eh-hem, other things), but she also has a lot of friends including many current and past housewives.

But for the life of me, I can't figure it out.  I do think Kelly has a vulnerable side to her, but I need to see that before I can like her.  For now, she seems empty and devoid of substance.

I actually liked her ex and also Michael.  Kelly would be a lot to deal with and I think her husband did his best.  Michael got the heck out of dodge early on.

We used to have a shock jock who aired in Seattle on the radio.  Tom Lykis. 

He used to proclaim that psycho/crazy chicks were the best sex.

Maybe that explains it.

As for housewife friendships, LeeAnne Locken is also popular with ladies not on her show.  

Maybe it's a "I seem less crazy and less hysterical when I hang out with her"?

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Kelly was displaying her ring tonight on Special WWHL. All Bravo cast appearing. She hugged Ramona from RHNYC for introducing her to her fiance.

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 11/15/2019 at 2:01 AM, Jextella said:

There must be a likeable side to Kelly that just doesn't show up on-screen.  She sure manages to nab men (which likely has to do with, eh-hem, other things), but she also has a lot of friends including many current and past housewives.

But for the life of me, I can't figure it out.  I do think Kelly has a vulnerable side to her, but I need to see that before I can like her.  For now, she seems empty and devoid of substance.

I actually liked her ex and also Michael.  Kelly would be a lot to deal with and I think her husband did his best.  Michael got the heck out of dodge early on.

I've had this belief for a long time. That Kelly has an amazing side that hasn't shown up on screen. We're given bits and pieces of it. Scenes with Jolie, her curiosity and engagement in new places, the formal table manners which given what we've been shown of her family makes me wonder where they came from. Some off screen too. She goes to a lot of fancy places in Aspen without drama or getting thrown out, other cities and manages to not only behave, blend in but makes friends each place. I loved her curiosity in Iceland, interacting with the driver, asking questions, that willingness to try new things so openly while the rest of the women weren't good guests. 

I think she has a lot of emotional pain and is emotionally needy which tends to attract control freaks. She's probably a lot to deal with, is her own worst enemy but seems to be a great friend, a great Mom. 

I forget who said it, Bethenny maybe? That they can't show anything you don't give them. I think in some instances Kelly hams it up, gets loud, allows her temper to run wild because that's what the cameras tend to want. If she were well behaved the entire time, she wouldn't be on the show. 

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/14/2019 at 9:04 AM, Emmeline said:
17 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

think in some instances Kelly hams it up, gets loud, allows her temper to run wild because that's what the cameras tend to want. 

True. She's just following in Tamra's footsteps. It's a paycheck for these women and for most, a damn good paycheck. So they will perform like circus clowns to get the money from Bravo.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I have my theory about Kelly. She says and does what she needs to do to suit herself. Ever read much about Narcissistic personality disorder? Yeah...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/18/2019 at 8:11 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I have my theory about Kelly. She says and does what she needs to do to suit herself. Ever read much about Narcissistic personality disorder? Yeah...

I guess what suits Kelly is this:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10390517/real-housewives-kelly-dodd-sex-rick/

He's great in the sack. Hmmm....important. Great husband material. Doesn't matter if he has the potential to be a good step dad to Jolie. He has met her daughter through Facetime. It's all good.

Priorities.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/18/2019 at 8:11 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I have my theory about Kelly. She says and does what she needs to do to suit herself. Ever read much about Narcissistic personality disorder? Yeah...

She did say her ex had been diagnosed with NPD. I’m pretty sure that’s projection, and that she is the Narc.

She also projects her insecurities and stupidity. Newsflash you scab, your water venture is laughable and a waste of money you could be spending on solid surface counter tops. Tamra may not be formally educated, but she knows where every penny goes. She has a non vanity business that’s been going for five years with a staff of about 10. Not only is she building a good business for the future, she’s a job creator. So is Vicki. They’re the only two on this show who have fallback plans. Someday the men and money will run out. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

On 8/25/2019 at 1:52 AM, AntAnn said:

Ugh, she is horrible, he’ll find out soon enough. She can’t keep a man because she is horrid.

Yes she can! Her ex-husband woulda stayed married to her if only she’d wanted to. She’s always been the one who wanted the divorce, not him. She wanted out after she found someone new, who she felt she was more compatible with. Her ex-husband loved her and probably still does, till this day. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/15/2019 at 1:59 PM, Jeasasa said:

Last night, I went to a Real Housewives event that was held at a local casino. Kelly, Dorinda and Teresa were there. Kelly got a great deal of applause when she came out (not as much as Dorinda). Each woman spoke a bit about her life before she became a Real Housewife, then they answered questions that had been submitted by the audience prior to the start of the evening. They also answered some live audience questions. In response to a question, Kelly said that the 3 housewives she would not want to film with were Vicki, Tamra and Danielle Staub, the latter because she was dangerous. She said the only OC housewife she has a friendship with at this time is Emily. She said a lot of very nice things about Emily, but then acknowledged that Shane was an unpopular figure with viewers. She said that the loss of her friendship with Shannon really hurt. She said she felt bullied this season. In response to a direct question, she said she had never pulled a train, had never even had a threesome and that both Vicki and Tamra knew the rumor was false. She was asked if Vicki had been demoted because of the cocaine accusations, but she didn’t answer that question directly. She said her favorite filming moments were with Jolie. She said she had broken up with the plastic surgeon and that a lot of people felt that he had been using her. She said she was very happy with her new boyfriend. She said she had spent 10 days in the Hamptons as Ramona’s guest this summer and she and Dorinda talked about how much energy Ramona had, with events planned all day every day. The three ladies on stage seemed to enjoy each other and the only time things got negative were when Vicki and Tamra were being discussed, with several F bombs being dropped by both Kelly and Teresa. (Teresa also named Tamra as one of the three housewives she would not want to film with.) She joked about moving to New York and joining RHONY. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it ended up being a fun evening.

7C4DD242-9573-4472-9D0D-DCAD1ED2384D.jpeg

Who knows.  That just might happen.  I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/15/2019 at 1:59 PM, Jeasasa said:

Last night, I went to a Real Housewives event that was held at a local casino. Kelly, Dorinda and Teresa were there. Kelly got a great deal of applause when she came out (not as much as Dorinda). Each woman spoke a bit about her life before she became a Real Housewife, then they answered questions that had been submitted by the audience prior to the start of the evening. They also answered some live audience questions. In response to a question, Kelly said that the 3 housewives she would not want to film with were Vicki, Tamra and Danielle Staub, the latter because she was dangerous. She said the only OC housewife she has a friendship with at this time is Emily. She said a lot of very nice things about Emily, but then acknowledged that Shane was an unpopular figure with viewers. She said that the loss of her friendship with Shannon really hurt. She said she felt bullied this season. In response to a direct question, she said she had never pulled a train, had never even had a threesome and that both Vicki and Tamra knew the rumor was false. She was asked if Vicki had been demoted because of the cocaine accusations, but she didn’t answer that question directly. She said her favorite filming moments were with Jolie. She said she had broken up with the plastic surgeon and that a lot of people felt that he had been using her. She said she was very happy with her new boyfriend. She said she had spent 10 days in the Hamptons as Ramona’s guest this summer and she and Dorinda talked about how much energy Ramona had, with events planned all day every day. The three ladies on stage seemed to enjoy each other and the only time things got negative were when Vicki and Tamra were being discussed, with several F bombs being dropped by both Kelly and Teresa. (Teresa also named Tamra as one of the three housewives she would not want to film with.) She joked about moving to New York and joining RHONY. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it ended up being a fun evening.

7C4DD242-9573-4472-9D0D-DCAD1ED2384D.jpeg

That's pretty impressive. I bet it was fun. I'd like to do something like that.  I'd enjoy seeing Dorinda for sure. 

My issues with Kelly, have nothing to do with allegations of drugs or the train.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Who knows.  That just might happen.  I hope.

I don't know,..It depends on how Sonja receives her. If they play nice together, it might work. The east coast women are wired differently than the OC women. 

I suppose with Tinsley moving to Chicago, there'll be a vacancy, so the timing would be convenient.

The thought of Kelly at Blue Stone Manor frightens me, and makes me want to stock up on popcorn at the same time. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

Kelly wouldn’t stand a chance with the NY cast because she is an actual moron. She’s having a rough enough time with the OC cast. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Kelly walking in the background. It looks like she is yelling at someone?

 

  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

Omg! That sure looks like her and she does look pissed. She’s so unprofessional. He must be a moron to be with her. Ymmv.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, AntAnn said:

Omg! That sure looks like her and she does look pissed. She’s so unprofessional. He must be a moron to be with her. Ymmv.

He absolutely is a moron for being with her. But he's one of those guys who has to learn the hard way. 

If I was a male, I would not find Kelly attractive. She's LOUD and crass, no class, carries herself like a ghetto bitch on her way to a smackdown..complete with wig pulling and curse words.

And I'm guessing she's got a serious drinking problem. Good luck, Rick!

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

a ghetto bitch

In 2020? Ouch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Hiyo said:

In 2020? Ouch.

No disrespect, but I'm not sure I understand your response to my post. 

Should I have said "trailer trash"?

Edited by chenoa333
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

It might have been less offensive, maybe. Or maybe not. But I guess this isn't the right place for that discussion.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

 

On 4/5/2020 at 12:01 AM, Hiyo said:

In 2020? Ouch.

 

13 hours ago, Hiyo said:

It might have been less offensive, maybe. Or maybe not. But I guess this isn't the right place for that discussion.

Less offensive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 4/4/2020 at 9:21 PM, chenoa333 said:

He absolutely is a moron for being with her. But he's one of those guys who has to learn the hard way. 

If I was a male, I would not find Kelly attractive. She's LOUD and crass, no class, carries herself like a ghetto bitch on her way to a smackdown..complete with wig pulling and curse words.

And I'm guessing she's got a serious drinking problem. Good luck, Rick!

 

Despite the wording. Kelly is still a crazy woman. Complete racist nutcase. I feel sorry for her daughter.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Despite the wording.

My apology for calling Rick a moron.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/5/2020 at 9:55 PM, Hiyo said:

It might have been less offensive, maybe. Or maybe not. But I guess this isn't the right place for that discussion.

It’s equally offensive

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

It’s equally offensive

Maybe focus on the original comment as well, then, not just mine? I know it's equally offensive, hence my wording, I was trying to not make this an issue on the boards.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone watched Kelly's Insta Stories lately? She was in NYC for about a month. The other day she was rollerblading on the Piers with her fiance. I was surprised at how many people were out. She just got back to California yesterday and she got a coronavirus test and it looks like a fresh face of Botox. She wasn't sick she just got the test. Does anyone know if anyone can just get a test that easy in California?  

  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, druzy said:

Has anyone watched Kelly's Insta Stories lately? She was in NYC for about a month. The other day she was rollerblading on the Piers with her fiance. I was surprised at how many people were out. She just got back to California yesterday and she got a coronavirus test and it looks like a fresh face of Botox. She wasn't sick she just got the test. Does anyone know if anyone can just get a test that easy in California?  

Kelly has important things to say. "It's God's way of thinning the herd".

dodd.thumb.jpg.d997de20253e5d82c67f8145b945df1b.jpg

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Kelly has important things to say. "It's God's way of thinning the herd".

dodd.thumb.jpg.d997de20253e5d82c67f8145b945df1b.jpg

Kelly is now apologizing on her Insta Story 😂 She's saying she choose the wrong words.

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

I saw that recently and thought it was sort of funny.  I'm not sure why she apologizes.  Does that really matter?  I think most people know what she is by now.  I actually wasn't surprised that she said it or that she thinks it.  It's very reflective of who she is as a person, imo.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'd rather someone not say they're sorry because they think that absolves them, etc.  

I think Kelly needs to save her sorrys, and actually change her behavior.  Shame Andy Cohan won't fire her.. she would be fired if she were working anywhere else but reality tv... 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I'd rather someone not say they're sorry because they think that absolves them, etc.  

I think Kelly needs to save her sorrys, and actually change her behavior.  Shame Andy Cohan won't fire her.. she would be fired if she were working anywhere else but reality tv... 

So would Nene Leakes...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/22/2020 at 8:19 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

I'd rather someone not say they're sorry because they think that absolves them, etc.  

I think Kelly needs to save her sorrys, and actually change her behavior.  Shame Andy Cohan won't fire her.. she would be fired if she were working anywhere else but reality tv... 

Kelly has just made it to the top of my list of worst housewife EVER! She was formerly in the top five, just graduated.  She absolutely cannot ever come back to this show.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/4/2020 at 8:21 PM, chenoa333 said:

He absolutely is a moron for being with her. But he's one of those guys who has to learn the hard way. 

If I was a male, I would not find Kelly attractive. She's LOUD and crass, no class, carries herself like a ghetto bitch on her way to a smackdown..complete with wig pulling and curse words.

And I'm guessing she's got a serious drinking problem. Good luck, Rick!

 

 

On 4/21/2020 at 11:31 AM, Happy Camper said:

Kelly has important things to say. "It's God's way of thinning the herd".

dodd.thumb.jpg.d997de20253e5d82c67f8145b945df1b.jpg

Kelly's journalist boyfriend is sort of well known and respected in news circles, correct?  His reputation will take a nosedive with Kelly around.

Reading this makes me glad I don't follow Bravolebrities on social media (or regular celebrities for that matter).

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/27/2020 at 9:10 PM, Jextella said:

Kelly's journalist boyfriend is sort of well known and respected in news circles, correct?  His reputation will take a nosedive with Kelly around.

He works for Fox News so make of that what you will, 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size