Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

In this thread, we are discussing Kelly Dodd.  We are not discussing 1) all Orange County residents; 2) our personal experiences trying to get a covid vaccine; 3) our personal thoughts about vaccines, testing or masks. Head to Small Talk for 2 or 3. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Yeah....I'm not smart enough to come up with a clever title so feel free to edit but I was just reading about her husband. He was the CEO of LeapFrog for 11 years and his net worth is estimated at $9 million.

Kind of weird to me that someone who, to me, comes across so dark ("Hitler" according to his beloved wife) was involved with that business.

http://www.the-net-worth.com/2016/06/michael-dodd/

I am sure he was in the business for the money, not to help kids.  Those Leapfrog devices are not cheap, my kids have a bunch of them.  I actually am upset if any of my money has gone into his/her pockets. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I actually am upset if any of my money has gone into his/her pockets. 

That's how I feel but I think my kids are old enough that it any LeapFrog things pre-dated him joining the company. lol

Her personality is just so ugh. She tries way too hard and it is like she is always "on."  And the thing is a lot of times people like that it isn't just the cameras doing that. They are so attention-seeking that they're that way all of the time, anyway. I'll bet she and her daughter are like that.

And I giggle now every time I see her mom and think "Intervention." lmao

• Love 7
(edited)

Kelly is the only housewife on all the franchises I watch (4) that I have instinctively disliked. I have grown to seriously dislike some- Brandi, Yolanda, Aviva, Jaq, Amber, Gretchipoo, to name a few- but never has my reaction been so visceral. The same for her famewhore family. Michael is an ass, her child is spoiled, and I am sorry but her mother looks rode hard and put up wet. Please leave my screen.

Edited by tvfanatic13
How could I forget Gretchen!
  • Love 22

Terrible person, fake, has clearly watched all or many seasons but pretends she hasn't.  Bad role model, depressing life.  No discernible accomplishments (other than making varsity cheer, you guys!).  Awful relationship with a creepy narcissist.  This is escapism??!!  

OH and BTW, Kelly's instagram and twitter accounts both use the handle RHOC.  She opened them in May 2016.  So she was either never a twit or on insta prior to May 2016, or she was and deleted the old accounts/ cleansed her social media history when she started the show.  

https://www.instagram.com/rhoc_kellyddodd/?hl=en

https://twitter.com/rhoc_kellydodd

• Love 4

I don't think Kelly is unattractive at all.  I do think she is childish and a big creepy weirdo.  I don't recall any other housewife actually calling a cast mate ugly to her face.   I don't think Mrs Dodd will return next season.   Now that husband?  Beat from head to toe with the ugly stick.  Both of them seem to be off mentally, like they could be a husband/wife serial killer team.   Fucking weirdos.  

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

And I giggle now every time I see her mom and think "Intervention." lmao

Ha!  That is awesome.

Kelly is disgusting.  Her brother is also disgusting - he was arrested something like 10 times for stalking, harassment, breaking-and-entering...  I will have to find the article - I think it was in Star (or "the news" as I call it).

I like how Kelly was pretending that her brother would hit on Vicki.  Yeah ok that would happen.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 10
50 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Ha!  That is awesome.

Kelly is disgusting.  Her brother is also disgusting - he was arrested something like 10 times for stalking, harassment, breaking-and-entering...  I will have to find the article - I think it was in Star (or "the news" as I call it).

I like how Kelly was pretending that her brother would hit on Vicki.  Yeah ok that would happen.

Yet somehow it would be considered a step up from Brooks.

• Love 6
(edited)

Can't find the article about her brother- it was in Star or OK.  He had multiple arrests - once he was sleeping with a married woman, and when she broke it off he broke into her home and wrote a note to her husband that said "I'm fucking her!"  Soooo really classy that brother.  And why does he live with Kelly?  Get your own house, loser.

I am sure this was posted somewhere-

Racist Kelly - Talking about the "Race Card"

Wow.  That's all I can say.

Found this article about her-

Kelly denied entrance into club & claims she is "married but available"

She's a damn lunatic!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I am sure he was in the business for the money, not to help kids.  Those Leapfrog devices are not cheap, my kids have a bunch of them.  I actually am upset if any of my money has gone into his/her pockets. 

You'd think someone in that business would care more about their image...

• Love 2
15 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Ha!  That is awesome.

Love the reference to So I Married An Ax Murderer!

• Love 1
16 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Can't find the article about her brother- it was in Star or OK.  He had multiple arrests - once he was sleeping with a married woman, and when she broke it off he broke into her home and wrote a note to her husband that said "I'm fucking her!"  Soooo really classy that brother.  And why does he live with Kelly?  Get your own house, loser.

I am sure this was posted somewhere-

Racist Kelly - Talking about the "Race Card"

Wow.  That's all I can say.

Found this article about her-

Kelly denied entrance into club & claims she is "married but available"

She's a damn lunatic!

This casting of Kelly either was done with absolutely no vetting or someone had an ax to grind against her.  She clearly is a shitty person (to me) unworthy of airtime.  I find nothing endearing about her or her family.  Her mother sadly looks older than she probably is (hard life) and her brother seems to have her issues with temper if his record is any indication.  Wonder if the brother is living with her as a condition of probation?!  If I had to guess, he also isn't allowed to have a drivers license.  Just a feeling.  So far the mother hasn't shown her ass (literally or figuratively) so I wonder if Kelly and her brother got their endearing traits from dear old dad?  I mean we aren't BORN assholes lacking in empathy (well normal people anyway).

To me most of the various casts have their wacky/nuts/dysfunctional members but no one really, seriously WACKED.  Until now.  Maybe producers had no choice when they went looking for a V ally.  No sane person would get chummy with a person who lies about cancer. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Ha!  That is awesome.

He might be right up Vicki's alley, she's a narcissist and loves attention and he might give it to her one way or another. As long as he can fill her love tank, make a casserole,  hop on the Whoo Hoo train, and he doesn't hit her he might pass the Brianna sniff test.

I bet these days Vicki is now thinking Donn wasn't such a bad thing.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, Giselle said:

He might be right up Vicki's alley, she's a narcissist and loves attention and he might give it to her one way or another. As long as he can fill her love tank, make a casserole,  hop on the Whoo Hoo train, and he doesn't hit her he might pass the Brianna sniff test.

That is what I think.  Serious regrets about dumping him.  I have a feeling she thought she could have him back if she wanted but he got free and never looked back.

• Love 7

These heifers have shouted each other down, but I don't recall one ever going for the "ugly face" low blow.   I don't think will set well with any of them.  Vicki better watch her back, because she's going to get a hatchet in it.   Vicki is a bitch, but she has no street smarts.   Kelly is a feral jackal who will turn on her on a dime.   

• Love 18
16 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I have a feeling she thought she could have him back if she wanted but he got free and never looked back.

I think Vicki thought she would have her pick of men since she is a Z list celebrity.  However, she ended up with a lowlife loser, whose teeth she had to fix.

I don't know much about Don (he could be a jerk, for all I know)...but I appreciate that he has kept himself out of the public eye or not trashed Vicki to the Media (like say...Peter from Atlanta).

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Giselle said:

That bitch must have sinus problems, look at who she married?

• Love 3

I'm so bothered by Kelly's behavior. I get that the housewives franchise thrives on conflict and drama, but she's a bully who insults people and the way they look. She and her Leapfrog husband hit below the belt. That's foul behavior. Andy Cohen should be ashamed of enabling bullies like Kelly. Shame, shame, shame!!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think Vicki thought she would have her pick of men since she is a Z list celebrity.  However, she ended up with a lowlife loser, whose teeth she had to fix.

I don't know much about Don (he could be a jerk, for all I know)...but I appreciate that he has kept himself out of the public eye or not trashed Vicki to the Media (like say...Peter from Atlanta).

Supposedly Don was cheating on her and a swinger.  But I have to admit I always liked Don. I think he was good to Michael and Brianna though she talked some smack about him and affairs but she had him walk her down the aisle. He seemed to want a life outside the show and I know it sounds weird but I like that he worked around the house (washing cars, moving things) himself instead of hiring every little thing out. I think it shows he was more down-to-earth than some of these spouses.

• Love 14
On 7/26/2016 at 2:49 PM, heatherchandler said:

Ha!  That is awesome.

This combined with Kelly's arrest makes me wonder about what their environment was like growing up.  It may be shallow of me, but their mom's burned out look doesn't help.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

This combined with Kelly's arrest makes me wonder about what their environment was like growing up.  It may be shallow of me, but their mom's burned out look doesn't help.

Maybe does she have more in common with LeAnne Locken (RHoDallas ^_^ ) than we're aware of?

^_^

• Love 1

They say when you get drunk your true personality comes out.
In her case it just exaggerates her horrible personality.
When I heard the comment she made to the hostess at the restaurant about making sure her shoes didn't get stolen I thought WTF???  Ms multimillionaire, college educated is afraid of a pair of shoes getting stolen?  Does hubby have her on a tight budget?

• Love 3

I hope this is on topic. I watched a rerun yesterday. It was the one with Kelly and Michael disagreeing about sending their daughter to school. Later when they were eating dinner in the living room(?), Kelly's brother was sitting across from her in a chair. To his right there is an outdoor faucet (the kind you'd hook your hose up to to water your plants) sticking out of the right hand wall. Am I crazy? Did I actually see that? I've lived in many houses and been in many more but have never seen anything like that in my life. Perhaps someone more savvy than I am can find that particular show to look for that. 

• Love 1

I knew Kelly was crazier than a shit house rat, but it was mind blowing to listen to her on Heather McDonald's podcast (Juicy Scoop with Heather McDonald).  If anyone wants to hear Kelly's entire history (husbands, restraining orders, etc) it is the podcast dated last Wednesday (Aug 10th).

• Love 1
On 8/16/2016 at 8:43 PM, tabloidlover said:

I knew Kelly was crazier than a shit house rat, but it was mind blowing to listen to her on Heather McDonald's podcast (Juicy Scoop with Heather McDonald).  If anyone wants to hear Kelly's entire history (husbands, restraining orders, etc) it is the podcast dated last Wednesday (Aug 10th).

Can I just say that I LOVE that this tidbit was posted by someone with the screen name tabloidlover!!!  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I really can't like her decorating.  White cabinets can be so beautiful, but not that shiny laminate looking stuff in her kitchen, bathrooms, etc.  Then there's the fuzzy 1970's stool covers and chair backs on the clear plastic looking chairs in her bedroom.   She also has the same plexi-glass looking stairwell as LVP's hotel/spa Villa Rosa.  The purple velvet couch in her closet would look at home in Graceland.  Everything is just so cold and lacking in warmth.  Weird white painted mirrors placed on white walls.  White chandelier over the white dining room table with the white chairs. Then there's the mirror-paneled bathroom cabinets with yet another clear plastic chair. I guess the upside is you don't have to outrun killer swans to get to the door. 

While flipping through the pics one last time - how about those marble looking skulls in her closet?  Who doesn't love a little macabre in their closet.  I didn't see one rug to ground the room or provide color. No curtains unless I missed it.  Imagine waking up to the sun shining into that blindingly white bedroom. It looks like there may be some sort of rolling shade above the windows.  More shag chair covers in Jolie's room, but at least she scored some window coverings in that tiny looking bedroom.   And for some reason, Kelly saved all the color in the house for a manic mosaic ceiling for her daughter.  And in case Jolie should forget her name, it's been mounted in gigantic letters above her bed, way above eye level and inches below the ceiling.  

At least there's a consistent style throughout the house.  But it's so personalized I wonder if it will be hard to unload. 

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:43 PM, tabloidlover said:

Do you have a link?