Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Art of War

On 8/1/2016 at 7:29 PM, Neurochick said:

I find the police quite incompetent.  

I'm still stuck on how a seemingly good detective isn't seeing how this doesn't add up. I'm also confused as to how the forensic evidence/autopsy hasn't been mentioned. It would be one thing if we were clued in (as viewers) that Box didn't think Naz did it, but because the evidence was really strong, he just went with it. Everything so far has just been, "welp! that's it I guess." 

We saw Naz not covered in blood when he woke up. Given the state of the bedroom, it's got to bother any reasonable detective. 

She took the case at the outset with the idea that she could be seen as the prominent attorney doing pro bono work who gets an unwinnable murder 1 case pled down to manslaughter, 15 years.

That pro bono vanished really fast when it shaped up that she was going to have to actually work.

Alternatively, I believe that we will get answers...some of them anyway. My general assumption is that Naz's case proceeds to trial and he will be found not guilty. 

I think the point probably is, even if he's found not guilty, everyone still thinks he did it. His life in NYC is effectively over.

The pilot was so compelling but I'm not really interested in prison life. Been there, done that (via TV, not personal experience). 

How many times have we seen this on tv now? Since there are so many holes in this case, I thought we'd see more of that. I've blacked out before, and the memories come back in flashes. It would have been interesting if we got more into that. Or if Naz thought he actually might have did it. 

We don't know what he knows, and he doesn't know what he knows. That's an interesting internal struggle that we're not seeing. For me, I'd be frantic. I'd be saying, "Yeah I saw the room covered in blood. I'm not! We were playing with a knife!" He hasn't brought any of those details out. I guess he's in some kind of shock, but I'd be like, 'yeah ok prison life and you all got your rules. I'm going to sit here and talk to my lawyer every day and make them work this."

• Love 1
On 8/1/2016 at 10:00 AM, Drogo said:

The Art of War" is one of the greatest books you can read, but I was surprised that the two most popular books weren't the Bible and the Quran. 

"If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by".