Type keyword(s) to search

Watch A Trailer For Season 6 Of Teen Mom

• Start Topic

I'm glad that ultimately I know it's scripted, so I can laugh at fake situations of young girls trying to be adults. But it's also to the point these kids go to school and get teased (or worse) about this stuff ...and their "teen" moms are now in their mid-twenties. That makes it less of a guilty hatewatch and more pitiful.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

It's bad that I found that the only genuinely shocking thing about the trailer.

Yep.  It's 67 seconds.  They don't even have enough drama to fill a full trailer.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yup, it is kind of more of the same with these girls, it's still hilarious to me though. 

All four storylines with no resolution in sight.  Farah fighting with her boyfriend, Cate depressed, Maci and Amber want to get married.  Is this season going to last a year?  Otherwise, why watch six weeks to end up at the exact same place.

I'm hoping you are right and there is some humor mixed in.

• Love 1

Which.. I mean, don't get me wrong, I find it hilarious and funny because I find humor in Maci's storyline of her being a liar about almost everything- accidentally having another baby!- and little things like that. It's not that funny but little things about these four girls make me laugh. But like you said.. I don't see an end point to the stories at all? And it makes me wonder why we are still getting more seasons of this? The first season of the TM OGs was..something but after that? its just boring, actually. Even the new groundbreaking fourth wall thing they do is no longer cool as it seems they only used it to promote the 'SO, guys Farrah is coming back..reactions!' and to have someone there for Farrah to talk to besides her parents and Not Boyfriend SImon. Oh and Amber before Matt came along because she needed to talk to someone about Gary. It is just boring now. And the Title of this show is stupid because these girls are adults now. All of them are of legel drinking and can no longer be considered teens- the same can be said for the TM2 girls as well- I just find it hilarious how nothing has really changed.And for some,not since the old TM days. 

• Love 1

If we could just stop watching it, maybe it would end. But, we can't because it's a train wreck and sometimes I need that little boost to remind myself that I'm not a total dickhead when I see what this lot get up to. 
But, also, I hate myself for contributing to Tyler being paid for being Tyler. 

• Love 8

Question

I think we learned through some of Amber's court documents that the girls get paid $250,000 a season.  How much money do you think the OG's have made off this show after taxes (not including speaking gigs and paid parties)?

(edited)
On July 26, 2016 at 11:16 AM, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Wow. That looks like a complete snoozefest. 

I thought Maci was surprised by the pregnancy while visiting the doctor?

Oh yeah, good call, that is what she said. She said she was going to get her birth control filled or something.  

I wonder how how far into the season the pregnancy reveal is and if they will show any/all of her drinking before that.  We know she was pregnant for a good chunk of last season so she's obviously pregnant from the first episode of this season so I wonder how much they will show.

Edited by poopchute

Color me confused. So all the scenes with Cate and Tyler where she's all crying and upset and "goes away" are related to what we were following in real time months ago?

Farrah looks grotesque. And hey, guess what? She fights with Simon. And still has an ugly cry face. Sophia is about 7 now, correct? Will she ever learn to speak properly? 

Maci is a non-story to me as is Amber. If they want to hitch their wagons to those lazy losers who do nothing but mooch, then they will reap what they sow. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, qtpye said:

Question

I think we learned through some of Amber's court documents that the girls get paid $250,000 a season.  How much money do you think the OG's have made off this show after taxes (not including speaking gigs and paid parties)?

The real question is, how much have they SAVED from their 7 seasons of this shitfest? With the exception of Farrah who at least earns other forms of income when the show is not filming, the rest have blown threw stacks of cash and two of them have had financial problems.

Another crapfest season.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

The real question is, how much have they SAVED from their 7 seasons of this shitfest? With the exception of Farrah who at least earns other forms of income when the show is not filming, the rest have blown threw stacks of cash and two of them have had financial problems.

Another crapfest season.

They haven't saved shit. They're constantly throwing money away like it's Kleenex. Maci and Amber were both in massive amounts of debt, and I know that Amber couldn't pay rent at one point. Then you have Catelynn and Tyler, who were both working very minimum wage jobs when "OG" was resurrected. All of them talked a great deal about going to school and getting good jobs, and now look at where they are. They're all still stuck in the same dead-end towns, dating the same type of dead-end losers, two of them have had subsequent children to ignore and pawn off, and they haven't accomplished anything despite having literally all the time and money in the world to do so. It really is a sad day when Farrah seems like the only one who's financially stable and doing crap.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, geekamonggeeks said:

They haven't saved shit. They're constantly throwing money away like it's Kleenex. Maci and Amber were both in massive amounts of debt, and I know that Amber couldn't pay rent at one point. Then you have Catelynn and Tyler, who were both working very minimum wage jobs when "OG" was resurrected. All of them talked a great deal about going to school and getting good jobs, and now look at where they are. They're all still stuck in the same dead-end towns, dating the same type of dead-end losers, two of them have had subsequent children to ignore and pawn off, and they haven't accomplished anything despite having literally all the time and money in the world to do so. It really is a sad day when Farrah seems like the only one who's financially stable and doing crap.

That was my point. It was a rhetorical question. There is a reason these broads and assholes continue doing this show. They have nothing else going on nor do they have a decent job or career to fall back on. MTV is welfare for them.

• Love 1
(edited)
On July 27, 2016 at 1:03 AM, Katt said:

If we could just stop watching it, maybe it would end. But, we can't because it's a train wreck and sometimes I need that little boost to remind myself that I'm not a total dickhead when I see what this lot get up to. 
But, also, I hate myself for contributing to Tyler being paid for being Tyler. 

Ugh, Tyler. He is the worst. Two weeks ago when they had Butch's special, they reaired some TM episodes from last season and one of Tyler's gems from an episode was the one about not wanting to have a normal 9-5 job because he can't deal with a that on a daily basis. Like.. the hell? He really said 'I can't do the same thing everyday' what does he think non reality stars do? Does he think that normal people sometimes get sick of doing the same thing everyday.. Look, people  love/like-even if they don't but thats not my point- their jobs but I'm sure they get sick of the same daily grind, -and yes i know some jobs may allow you to have a change, but those can be rare- but people realize that they need money to live. That scene was, like most of Tyler scenes,  bad. None of his scenes endear him to me. It made me hate him more. He sounded very entitled to me.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 4

But he DOES do the same thing every day! Emotionally abuses his wife, doesn't help with the baby, eats pizza, gets stoned. AND the little fuckwit gets paid for it!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Katt said:

But he DOES do the same thing every day! Emotionally abuses his wife, doesn't help with the baby, eats pizza, gets stoned. AND the little fuckwit gets paid for it!

Right on that, you are. He probably meant he didn't want to have a job in general, but he can't outright say as much. He can't say he wants to stay at home and eat pizza all day and watch his wife take care of the baby while he talks at her about her depression because he read a web md article about it, he has to say he wants an exciting job that allows him to do something new everyday instead of saying the truth. 

• Love 2

Well, anyone who doesn't hire him as a doctor now he read some words he liked in that WebMD paragraph is just missing out! He knows everything, you know.
Pisses me off that he thinks Catelynn can switch her emotions off like a tap because it ruins his day. 

• Love 2

Catelynn needs to step up and be the first to end this mockery of a marriage.  It's not a matter of "if' Tyler dumps her..it's just "when".  It will be be shortly after Teen Mom OG ends for good....they will piss thru their money, eventually sell their house and cars, try to sell stories to any "rag" magazine to stay relevant and when that fizzles out; Tyler will be out of there... Catelynn will be left living with April and a grade schooler.

• Love 1
(edited)
On July 27, 2016 at 1:49 PM, qtpye said:

Question

Was it $250K? I thought it was less. But that was a calendar year tax return that provided that info- there may have been two seasons worth of income in that year. I don't think they were earning $250K a season at that time. I think the first season was around $60K and has increased each season. I'd guess at this point the average is about $175-200 per season and there have been 7 seasons right? So, about $1,400,000 total? You figure taxes take at least a third and it's under a million. Take into account money wasted on moving, new cars, tuition that's led to no degree, constant travel, tattoos, "business ventures", childcare to provide these unemployed bitches "me time"... I'd be surprised if any of these chicks have over $100K to their names.

eta: only been 5 seasons? I forgot these girls keep getting lapped by the far more entertaining TM2 girls. At one point OG was making more than TM2, but that may not be true anymore. 

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 3

Did anyone else watch the catch up special last night? It was snarky as hell and gave me a tiny bit of hope that this season the producers are taking the gloves off with these girls. 

My two favorite moments?

1. They showed a scene of Farrah from her 16 and pregnant episode and said "this is what Farrah looked like when we met her" and then drew all over her face and body to show all the work she had done. 

2. And the best moment by far was the tribute to the most important relationahip Amber has had in her life....the relationship with her brown couch. They claimed to have watched all the footage and calculated that she has spent 634 hours on her couch. I was cracking up. 

• Love 11

And not just any couch, it is always a brown couch!!! So snarky!! "With Amber's butt firmly planted on a brown couch!"  Wow!  They are so boring to watch now that I do hope they show more "realness " and not just set-up shots of conversations with random people, I mean, "friends" 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, TeeMo said:

Did anyone else watch the catch up special last night? It was snarky as hell and gave me a tiny bit of hope that this season the producers are taking the gloves off with these girls. 

My two favorite moments?

1. They showed a scene of Farrah from her 16 and pregnant episode and said "this is what Farrah looked like when we met her" and then drew all over her face and body to show all the work she had done. 

2. And the best moment by far was the tribute to the most important relationahip Amber has had in her life....the relationship with her brown couch. They claimed to have watched all the footage and calculated that she has spent 634 hours on her couch. I was cracking up. 

Yepper, those were my favorite moments too! I think that I am one of the few people here who like Maci. I can't stand Amber, Gary, Matt, Tyler or Caitlin because these people do absolutely nothing, ever. Get a freaking job!! And finally does ANYONE have any idea as to why they continue to rehire Farrah?? I don't get it at all. She's an insufferable bitch 24/7, surely she doesn't have a big fan base and she adds nothing to the show. I am also going to go there and just flat out say that I can't stand her kid either. 

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 4

The Catch Up special was pretty snarky. I loved it. I had forgotten how terrible their hair was in some of the earlier seasons. The horror!! Amber's crazy bangs. And Amber's terrible fake nails. And Gary's proposal on the beach! Baha!!

Ugh Farrah. I'm not looking forward to her. Why is Simon still with her? Does he really want to be on television that bad?

• Love 2

please help-- I have been out of it for a month or so and could swear today I was a commercial for some updated teen mom thing which looksl ike it is on tomorrow night? (as in monday 8-22-16. ). I fear I have missed a few new episodes  oh my.  Is there a new season or is there just some update show with Faux Dr Drew or what???? and thank you