Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E18: Live Eviction 5, Head of Household 6

• Start Topic

I'm really going to miss Frank.  Right now the only thing I'm worried about is that pain in the ass Paul doesn't have the RT ticket.

If I were him I wouldn't have been so loud and vocal about using the phone and going into the room.  I wonder if he could have handled that a little more quiet and went into the room when everybody else was sleeping.

• Love 4

So I missed the first twenty minutes, but I guess it was taken up by the secret Paris room that didn't turn out to be so secret.

LOL at them interviewing Hayden! Because, of course they chose her ex! Jason is still living with his parents after a year. Meg's still as oblivious as always.

Urg, Boogie. I don't want to see him ever again. He was never that good of a player. He only won because of Dr. Will. That being said, he's right about Frank's big mistake being winning Roadkill and then telling people. Everyone in this house seems to need to tell everyone everything. PLAY THE GAME.

Good to have the confirmation that the tickets expire on the 18th. They'll definitely make sure someone will have that round trip ticket before then, so if it's not the next two evicted, expect that the person evicted on the 18th is coming back. 

Frank's speech? Well, it made me laugh? Michelle's vote didn't make me laugh; Victor's did. I'm surprised Michelle didn't throw a vote to Bridgette. 

I figured Frank wouldn't come back. They wouldn't want the twist to end this soon.

I was really hoping for an America's HOH. Why can't they do that? We'd love to be able to stop the major alliance from continuing to dominate! We'd love to shrink down their egos! Particularly, Paul and Paulie's. The twist of America's Care Package? Dumb. Unless it gives a list of houseguests that America wants gone first, then I don't care. That being said, I don't want it going to Nat, just in case a better stupid package comes along for her. Give it to Bridgette. Depending on how the crapshoot goes, she may not get another chance. 

Crapshoots really suck. 

• Love 1

Good ol' America Votes changing absolutely nothing about the game. A Never Not pass? I want all these guys on slop. I was them all miserable taking cold ass showers. I want them all contorted and sore from sleeping in the bumper cars. I don't even want James or Natalie to win it, because they look cute cuddling in the bumper cars together. Screw it, I want them all to suffer. 

Paul is such a bad liar. How many envelopes were there? Uh, well... What was the code? Um, you know... How did you figure it out? Gee, uh... I can't wait for this guy's downfall. Ugh.

Da'Vonne's goodbye messages are getting cattier and cattier. I imagine that'll change once jury starts.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, poopchute said:

The upcoming care packages are way better.

Spoiler

There's a co-HOH, safety for the week, and elimination of two votes.

I was too lazy to check. In that case. give the Never Not pass to Victor. The other HGs would looove that.

• Love 3

Spoiler

I was just getting ready to go see what the packages were. Thanks. So, basically everyone that hates Paulie needs to vote for him to get the care package this week to prevent him getting a better one!

Catty? Petty? Refreshingly honest? Makes me no difference, I love DaVonne saying goodbye!

• Love 4

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh, really? Ok, so give co-HOH to Natalie, give safety to James, and give the elimination of two votes to....actually, I got nothing.

I only like James and Natalie. Maybe Victor. 

• Love 1

I want to give the Never Not to Victor as a FU to Paul.  He complains endlessly about Victor's eating habits, and that Victor is hogging the food.  If Victor wins this Care Package, then Paul will know some of us want Victor to eat all and everything he wants.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Sayla Vee said:

I want to give the Never Not to Victor as a FU to Paul.  He complains endlessly about Victor's eating habits, and that Victor is hogging the food.  If Victor wins this Care Package, then Paul will know some of us want Victor to eat all and everything he wants.

EXACTLY.  I just put in my 19 votes for him.  

• Love 2

If Frank had torn open that envelope and it was the two way ticket I was set to declare Allison Grodner as a Grand Master of Rigging on a level that Debbie Wasserman-Schultz could only dream of aspiring to, But it was the live show so shennanagins would be much harder. However in the future if one of the favorites of the producers are on the block and in jepordy you can bet the feeds will go dark while the houseguests are outside and a harried production assistant is sent in to play switcheroo with the one that will save.

The editors this year have earned their "F" grade. Apparently there is an entire subplot featuring a whole undercurrent of jealousy and fatal attraction with Michelle for Frank but it doesn't manifest on the show until last night?! And then when there is all this talk about showmances....but you don't see them on screen at all?

Michelle shouldn't be in the house if her whole goal is not to win the half million but to be able to spend time in the jury house with Frank. She has no faith in her own game that s he's certain she will be in the jury house?

Not a Bridgette fan but I hope she wins HOH just so we can see some type of power shift. I 'm ready for the 8-Pack to fragment.

DaVonne seems clueless in her glee that her days are numbered unless she is saved by the Two Way Ticket whether by luck or by manipulation.

And can Paul just get the hell out of there? He was obnoxious during the hunt for the secret room.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Kendall said:

I was just getting ready to go see what the packages were. Thanks. So, basically everyone that hates Paulie needs to vote for him to get the care package this week to prevent him getting a better one!

Catty? Petty? Refreshingly honest? Makes me no difference, I love DaVonne saying goodbye!

That will go to his head, he will think we all love him.  He gets nothing from me.  No one who is paying attention will give him a care package. Every one doesn't get one. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Thanks Big Brother for reminding me why I can't stand Frank by showing that clip of him and Mike. Man, they got on my nerves back then. I'm so glad that I no longer have to see him again. At least not this season.

Michelle, I am so embarrassed for you with your Frank obsession. That's another reason I'm glad that he's gone. Maybe you can get your damn head in the game. Same for your Bridget. Have some damn dignity and remember why you came on this show in the first place. The guys are going to run all of you over, just like they've done in the past, because of your low self-esteem. As annoying as Davonne is, at least she's there to play Big Brother, even if she kind of sucks at it.

Edited by MitaJo
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, Sayla Vee said:

This is the first thing I thought of and am psyched that others have the same thought. Just gave all 20 to Victor. It's an awesome FU to Paul, and while I enjoy looking at him, I don't need Vic to get any of the other packages. Guess the only potential downside is that receiving the CP could put a bulls-eye on said recipient, but I can live with that.

After all these years of knowing cosmetic surgeon Dr. Will, why hasn't Boogie asked him to fix up his little troll face? </mean, shallow, but hey, it's BB.... and it's BOOGIE>

I'm excited to see how TPTB will maneuver and rig HoHs and PoVs from here on out! I'm sure they know who has the round trip right now, and will surely want to see that play out. And if it doesn't, wouldn't scheduling get all effed up? We'll definitely be seeing it before the deadline.

• Love 1

Paul if you weren't so hyped on everyone knowing how awesome you are finding out the "secret" you could have kept it that way. Say "Nope that wasn't it... damn." and walk away. For more than, say, 90 seconds. But I guess they wouldn't have known like we did that there were multiple possible prizes so being first mattered more to them than to us watching it knowing that. I don't know, Paul just has to make a 'show' out of everything especially in the DR.

Speaking of the DR someone mentioned Da's arms in hers and now it annoys me to no end. She needs the $100,000 Pyramid chair with the straps so she cant use her hands. I bet her head would explode.

And now another "no way we'll get a winner live" HoH comp. Crap. I hate when they do this. And it's not like they couldn't have let them practice earlier and say you have to roll your red ball when the countdown reaches zero. But no... must. sell. feeds.

If someone finds out who wins the HoH message me. Thanx.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sayla Vee said:

Hate Paul so approve of this plan

• Love 1

I was really hoping this secret room twist would have kept both Frank and Bridgette in the game and shake things up a bit. Darn. The twist felt really anti-climatic, since everyone ended up getting to the secret room and getting a ticket. I wonder if someone else (i.e. someone not loud and obvious) discovered the room first, if they would have been able to successfully keep it a secret? I think with the entire house on the hunt for this room, they all would have eventually figured it out (or been told by allies who figured it out), so the end result of everyone having a ticket would have happened regardless. The show clearly wanted everyone to get a ticket to make each eviction more interesting, and they conveniently had the same number of tickets for the number of house guests left at this point. So it seemed kinda pointless to send them on the scavenger hunt. It would have been more interesting if there was only one ticket in that room for the first person there, and it guaranteed them the chance to boomerang back in if evicted before the 18th. Maybe let the rest of the house know that someone has claimed this power, but it will stay secret until they are evicted. That would lead to some paranoia lol. (Although, knowing that person would be Paul since he was first, I'll settle for the more anti-climatic way the show did it).

Hoping Bridgette pulls out this HOH so we can get a shift in power!  

• Love 2

Forget giving Bridget anything.  She has no ability to play the game and it will be a waste.. Let her be. 

What worries me is that the house realizes she's completely helpless and useless and she drops off the radar and coasts. Unless....

Hoping Bridgette pulls out this HOH so we can get a shift in power!  

As much as I don't like her (and suspect that there's something off about her), I wouldn't be opposed to this for both a shakeup and for her to make herself a target. I wonder if she'll just find anotherone of the guys to tell her what to do.

• Love 3
(edited)

Why risk a bold nomination if that strong player could walk right back in with a round trip ticket?  I foresee a bunch of weak player nominations & evictions for the next three weeks until the tickets expire after the August 18th live show.

Edited by K-9

FINALLY. Frank is gone. I'm happy not to have to look at his smug face anymore. 

I'm usually one to root for an underdog, but I don't consider Frank to be an underdog. At all. Frank was a major part of the original Eight Pack and was even calling the shots at one point. He was right where Paulie is. But then two things happened. One, his vile and inappropriate behavior with the ladies in the house got out of hand when he laid his hands on Da'Vonne. He was commenting on their looks, what they ate, roughhousing with them....and then that. He is a major asshole and I'll never forget that crap, even if others in the house chose to. That may not have been the basis for everyone turning against him, but I know it soured several people enough to where they didn't want to work with him. Then TWO, He got too big for his britches. He was trying to run both sides of the house. He went off making unilateral moves without consulting anyone in his so-called alliance, only telling them after the fact. That rubbed a lot of people wrong. And finally people were done with him. 

IMO, he made his own bed. He wasn't some outcast from the start who had to fight every step of the way. He had it pretty good, and he fucked it all up by thinking he was more important than he really was. And he proved that by not even owning any of the mistakes HE made when talking to Julie. He put the blame solely on Day.  Oh well. Buh-bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

Although, with her constantly twirling and bouncing, I would have been just as happy to see Bridgette gone. Hopefully soon, because then things will be forced to really get interesting. 

The secret room was dumb as hell, if you ask me. It would have been more interesting if there were just a handful of cards, or even one. But the fact that there were enough for each houseguest negated the need for all the clues and the big drama over finding the room. Yawn. And, of course, Paul got all crazy and handled it completely wrong. Fucking Paul. 

Fucking hate cliffhanger HOHs. I may have to sneak a peak at the Feeds thread to see who won. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Sayla Vee said:

Dang, I wish I would have known that. I voted to give it to Natalie. I don't think I used up all my votes, though, so I might try and go throw some Victor's way. 

9 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Not a Bridgette fan but I hope she wins HOH just so we can see some type of power shift. I 'm ready for the 8-Pack to fragment.

Well, it kind of already has. Paulie wasn't in it to begin with, but now he's kind of running it. Frank was the big man in that alliance, and he's gone - as well as Tiffany. So there already have been a few shakeups. But I do look forward to some of these people turning on each other. 

OK, the secret room thing was stupid for many reasons

1) Unless they reset the airplane, someone who was observant could have noticed it ages ago and gone in whenever they wanted.

2) What is the point of making it so that everyone ends up in the room? The person who found it should have gotten the Round Trip ticket period. I hate Paul but I think that he is the only one who should benefit from finding the room.

3) If everyone was going to get an envelop, the person who found it should have gotten a special prize, like a trip to Paris.

I am cool with Frank being gone.

• Love 6

For a very brief moment, I had a smidgen of faith that maybe Paul wasn't as dumb as I thought...after discovering the code to listen to the clue, he knew that he was being watched and didn't want to go into the secret room in front of anyone.  He left the phone booth, said "I didn't figure it out" and ran off.  In that tiny span of time, I thought perhaps he would start running around the house, looking at things that had nothing to do with the clue in order to throw everyone else off the trail.  Seems like it might've been worth a shot.

• Love 1
(edited)
45 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

The secret room was dumb as hell, if you ask me. It would have been more interesting if there were just a handful of cards, or even one. But the fact that there were enough for each houseguest negated the need for all the clues and the big drama over finding the room. Yawn. And, of course, Paul got all crazy and handled it completely wrong. Fucking Paul. 

I completely agree! I tried to express this in a post earlier, but you said it much more succinctly! They should have just told the house guests about the twists, lay out all the envelopes, and then draw names for the order to pick them. Not that I ever want Paul to have any type of advantage, but it's kinda lame that the person who figures out code and finds the room is no better off than anyone else at the end of it. Initially I thought that Paul should have tucked his envelope somewhere and made up a lie about what was in the room and pretend it was just a one time thing so no one else would be tempted to keep trying to find it themselves (i.e. say that since he was the one to find it he wins a trip somewhere after the season). Or even chill there for a good hour or so and say he won a luxury pack and got to eat a fine meal and get a massage and whatnot. I dunno. The only thing is, if someone were still curious and figured out the code and decided to try it for fun, people would get severely pissed at him for attempting to keep it a secret, especially if they thought they were close to him. And lets be honest, production wanted everyone to find one. That's why they put out enough for everybody. They'd surely start prodding people in the DR's with obvious hints... "so Paulie, what do you think would happen if you still tried to get in the secret room yourself?" "Do you think it's possible Paul lied about his prize?" 

Edited by JZone
  • Love 3
(edited)

Julie skipped an opportunity to call out Frank on his behavior.  If Aaryn (BB15) had to face the music, then so should have Frank.  A man gets away with despicable behavior when a woman was grilled. Julie should've at least asked Frank an open-ended question about his behavior and its possible effect in the game. Guessing that Julie/TPTB thought it was a moot point since Frank apologized (gave excuses) to Da'Vonne.

Edited by K-9
  • Love 1

"SOB! I wanted to hang out with you in jury!! SOB!" Wow, way to play a strong winning game "Big Meech"...

Thanks for giving Malin's new restaurant free advertising, Show. Twice.

Again no DR from Zakiyah? Colour me shocked, SHOCKED!

Wow, Nicole sure can pick them: from manbun-wearing surfer-chic douche to fratboy dudebro douche in 2 seasons...

I was going to vote Nat to get the never have not, but after seeing the other packages I'm waiting to vote her & James co-HOH or safety.

Paulie, Paul, Victor, Corey, Nicole, Zakiyah, Da'Vonne, Michelle, Bridgette and Nicole can all go fuck themselves.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

"SOB! I wanted to hang out with you in jury!! SOB!" Wow, way to play a strong winning game "Big Meech"...

Thanks for giving Malin's new restaurant free advertising, Show. Twice.

Again no DR from Zakiyah? Colour me shocked, SHOCKED!

Wow, Nicole sure can pick them: from manbun-wearing surfer-chic douche to fratboy dudebro douche in 2 seasons...

I was going to vote Nat to get the never have not, but after seeing the other packages I'm waiting to vote her & James co-HOH or safety.

Paulie, Paul, Victor, Corey, Nicole, Zakiyah, Da'Vonne, Michelle, Bridgette and Nicole can all go fuck themselves.

Except James can go fuck himself too (for his HoH this week...he has time to win me back though). I am all for Nat and Victor...final 2 and new showmance (though Vic has time to annoy me again like he did before he got evicted).

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, North of Eden said:

However in the future if one of the favorites of the producers are on the block and in jepordy you can bet the feeds will go dark while the houseguests are outside and a harried production assistant is sent in to play switcheroo with the one that will save.

Unnecessary. Since Julie is the one who opens them, they could have rigged it so that how she opens one determines what everyone will see. It's a classic magician's trick so easy anyone can do it.

6 hours ago, JZone said:

They should have just told the house guests about the twists, lay out all the envelopes, and then draw names for the order to pick them.

The envelopes were sealed, so picking order didn't matter. They might as well have stacked them somewhere and told the HG's to go take one at their convenience. The search was a time-filler for the HG's and the episode. I agree that the first one in should have gotten a bonus; getting a second envelope that he could give away if he wanted could have been interesting.

Yeah, another real dud of a "twist". I bet it sounded real good coming from whoever pitched the idea. I mean, c'mon, it's a SECRET ROOM!!! As mentioned the "an envelope for everyone!" is where they went wrong. There have been some good ideas on how it should have been done so it just shows total lack of imagination or someone over-rulling the original idea. I'd probably have put three planes in the house each with a code that worked for the three that would get a chance. Once someone opens the trap door that code is dead. That would assure it would at least get used as this way there's a good chance they did all of this for absolutely no result.

For those that don't want to be further spoiled by going into the thread check below:

Spoiler

Paul won... don't shoot the messenger!

• Love 2

So am I the only one who thought Hayden looked good last night? I liked Hayden in his season and he seemed like a good egg but I never thought of his looks one way or the other. I hardly recognized him last night, he was like boy band level fine. Heeeyyy Hayden ?

• Love 2

Why is Paul so intent on channeling Sam Kinison with all of the ohs that he shouts out?  I find it highly annoying.  Granted because of his age he might not even know who Sam was (Granted he might know who he is because I mean I am a fan of Jack Benny and he was popular probably thirty years before I was born) and maybe that is not what he is trying to do but every time I hear him shout out "Oh!", he reminds me of some sort second rat Sam Kinision knock off.

• Love 2
(edited)
58 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

Why is Paul so intent on channeling Sam Kinison with all of the ohs that he shouts out?  I find it highly annoying.  Granted because of his age he might not even know who Sam was (Granted he might know who he is because I mean I am a fan of Jack Benny and he was popular probably thirty years before I was born) and maybe that is not what he is trying to do but every time I hear him shout out "Oh!", he reminds me of some sort second rat Sam Kinision knock off.

Nah, fifth rate at best.  I fell in love with Kennison the first time I ever saw him (live at Zanies in Nashville) because his "OOOHHH!!!  AAAAAHHHHHH!!!" screams sound exactly like the little guy who lives in my head.  ;)

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Nah, fifth rate at best.  I fell in love with Kennison the first time I ever saw him (live at Zanies in Nashville) because his "OOOHHH!!!  AAAAAHHHHHH!!!" screams sound exactly like the little guy who lives in my head.  ;)

Ha ha ha!  Rarely do celeb deaths register sadness with me.  His did.  Love the guy.  

• Love 1

So wait......There's a secret room...with clues everywhere.....but they have to put in GIANT FLASHING LIGHTS that there's a room and clues? Doesn't that not make it,ya know, a secret? And then EVERYBODY gets in and gets a envelope? WTF???? No special trip or prize for the person who actually figured it out first? This is the MOST lame thing I have ever seen! And they ALL get an envelope???? So why hide them in a secret room?  Just walk up to them and Hey Hey here's your envelope. Good Luck.

• Love 2
On 7/29/2016 at 4:40 PM, Negritude said:

So am I the only one who thought Hayden looked good last night? I liked Hayden in his season and he seemed like a good egg but I never thought of his looks one way or the other. I hardly recognized him last night, he was like boy band level fine. Heeeyyy Hayden ?

I thought so too. He's not really my type, but I thought he was very good looking, a big improvement on how he looked on his season. It was interesting to hear that he and Nicole dated so long after the show.

• Love 1