Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E13: Grapes. Wrath

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Tatum said:

And you know what else, Sarah? Something you should know better than anyone really? Sometimes it only takes one person (who isn't Devin) to stand up and say, that's not right, for everyone else to chime in. When everyone is afraid to be that one person, that just makes Cheyenne feel like everyone agrees with what the bully is saying.

Agreed.  If she had spoken up, Jenna might have spoken up.  Then you've got 4 people all telling the two drunk assholes that they're being drunk assholes.  And Cheyenne doesn't feel alone and doesn't feel like the majority of the group is condoning their shit, or that their bullying her is not important enough to any of them (except her partner) for them to say something loud and proud in front of the group, instead of in hushed tones, off camera, where the bullies can't hear them...Sarah.  

• Love 5

One of my favorite quotes, Sarah... "Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel

She's an asshole for so many reasons. 

I can't believe Vince is like, 35 saying these things to a what? 22 year old? He's one of the most immature, yet, oldest people on this show. He was by far the oldest person at the time a contestant joined the show, ever, as well. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 5

Why would Sara need to talk about social injustice at all to speak up? A simple "Cut your shit, dickbag" is all that was needed at the time. I have never, ever, ever liked her because she is the epitome of a keyboard feminist. "I'll act like I'm all down for the movement because I can write a complete sentence. But don't ask me to actually take action." I hope Johnny takes all the money and never speaks to her again. 

• Love 6

It took me nearly a week to finally watch this, because that’s how much I care about the John show formally known as The Challenge.  Take note, MTV.

Random thoughts:

Jenna: Why aren’t you wearing pants?  If I’m in a heated argument with someone not wearing pants, I automatically win; because, pants.  This show seems obsessed with her butt cheeks, and it’s weird.  Also, in one of her talking heads – specifically the one after they find out about the final twist, it looks like she had been crying.  Her eyes were puffy and blood shot.

Devin:  I never watched AYTO, so, I like him.  I can’t help it.  He’s more adult than most of these fools can ever hope to be. 

Cheyenne:  I like you too.  You’re too sweet and too normal to be on this shit show. 

Everyone else:  Fuck off. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Wait, hold up. Motherfucker is 35?!? Just when I think my mind can't be blown anymore by these assholes, I learn something new.

I legit thought I heard he was 35 but the powers of Google tell me he was born in 11/83 so he's "only" 32 and doing this shit. I totally thought he was older than John but looks like he's 1.5 years younger. Still ridiculous, still one of the oldest contestants and still the oldest "motherfucker" (tm John) to be a new contestant by far. Plus, dude LOOKS 40. Shit, Mark Long looks younger.

EDIT: From his Instagram bio: "What you think I am doesn't make me who I am" ..... No, but your shitty actions and words DO make you who you are, Vince, and that's a shitbag.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 6
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 6:34 PM, SophiaPehawkins said:

By the way, Sarah posted herself a little essay on Instagram why she didn't stand up to Johnny and Vince when they were picking on Cheyenne. I can't even take any part of it seriously. She starts off by saying that she tries to start dialogue about social injustices. <insert eye roll here>. She also said she pulled Cheyenne aside later and told her that she thought Vince and Johnny were wrong and out of line. Of course, this wasn't captured on camera. So she claims. She ends by saying that people should judge others by their actions as a whole and not by isolated incidents. If that's the case, I judge her inaction even that much more harshly. She has witnessed countless amount of bullying on these challenges and not once has she stood up for those being harassed. Just by showing up and participating on these challenges and rubbing elbows with the worst of them, she's condoning their behavior. Like I said in my previous post, she's no better than them by sitting back and and bearing witness to it. Even the way she talks about the Tonya incident on the Ruins disgusts me. It's even more inexcusable considering that she has been a victim of sexual assault and bullying herself. In a way she made light of it and was trying to make it seem like it wasn't that bad.

You all have already captured everything I was going to say in regards to Sarah's pathetic attempt to justify her non-actions.  So I'll just add this:  Fuck you, Sarah. And I actually liked her, and eye-rolled away all her ass kissing in previous seasons as someone with low self-esteem who didn't know better.  But she fucking knows better. 

Also, it bugs me to no end that she keeps calling the other cast members morons (which, yeah, they are), yet she's always so busy tripping all over herself to be part of their crew.  So what the fuck does she think that makes her???

• Love 7

Sarah is a such a hypocrite. Her little Instagram post did her no favors in my mind. It's just as awful to see bad things and not say anything and look I get the not wanting to do things because a camera is around type of thing (I will always remember during The Duel when Tima body checked Beth OFF CAMERA but then Beth started a fight with her and made sure camera guys were all around her) anyways but still this isn't the same case, if Sarah had said "Hey Vince, stop, she's upset " I doubt very much we would all be "she did that for the cameras " if anything her little Instagram thing is what is making me side eye her in regards to what she wants viewers to see. 

• Love 6

I love how she wrote "I didn't think the cameras needed to be a part of my talk with Cheyenne" as though she was saying she spoke to Cheyenne out of concern, not in an attempt to look good on camera. Bitch, we all know you wanted your talk with Cheyenne to be off camera so your idol wouldn't see it and then kick you out of the cool kids' lunch table, the likes of which you've spent the better part of a DECADE wanting to belong. Even sadder that the decade in question started AFTER high school. She's just such a sad sack loser.

I can respect that she's able to read and use multi syllable words correctly, and she's a decent athlete who can also make a braid one handed. That does put her in the 1% of the challenge pool. Too bad that pool is still the bottom 10% of the general population, Sarah.

4 hours ago, AngryCarrot86 said:

Random thoughts:

Jenna: Why aren’t you wearing pants?  If I’m in a heated argument with someone not wearing pants, I automatically win; because, pants.  This show seems obsessed with her butt cheeks, and it’s weird.

She does have a really nice ass, but I still can't believe the number of thong bikinis she owns. She probably has to buy them from lingerie stores because I can't remember the last time I saw a thong bikini on the racks at a regular store.

• Love 5

I know "cheeky" bikinis are really in-style right now, but my gawd she needs to tone it down.  I agree she has a beautiful body, but so do a lot of the other women featured on this show.  I bet Nany has a great ass too, but she's not walking around in her knickers to get attention.  

I think some of this has to be producer driven.  To quote Louise from Bob's Burgers, it's like they said "sex sells, so let's find some sex and sell it".  Hence, Jenna's ass becoming it's own Challenge character. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, AngryCarrot86 said:

I think some of this has to be producer driven.  To quote Louise from Bob's Burgers, it's like they said "sex sells, so let's find some sex and sell it".  Hence, Jenna's ass becoming it's own Challenge character. 

Ha, like when John was like, wear your sluttiest bikini today, Jenna, and I was thinking, couldn't he just tell her to bring a bikini? If Jenna owns it, pretty much a guarantee it's as skimpy as legally possible.

• Love 3