Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E13: Grapes. Wrath

• Start Topic

Even though it was a total lost cause I found myself rooting for Dario and Nicole just because I hate Sarah and John so much. But I still laughed when they lost that elimination. That's what you get for blowing up the alliance just so you could maybe grab third in a finale. Now you don't even get to go to the finale.

I don't care that everyone gave Devin shit about how he defended Cheyenne, I'm just glad he called them all out. Especially spineless Sarah. He was so right about her pretending to stick up for people, as long as it's ok with John.

• Love 19

Cheyenne's right. They did cross a line, but it was production and it was when Vince ran at Devin, security stepped in (because Vince knew they would, of course), and Devin was pushed back. Beyond all of the clear and obvious advantages afforded BaNoNuts this season, they are now allowing the NoNuts crew physically intimidate contestants. The obvious implication of such an act is "what will happen next to when security isn't right here?" Gross. Just inexcusable. And this probably wasn't even half of that fight we saw.

Sarah's smug, satisfied smile during that whole scene was disgusting! I wanted to slack her desperate, cloying mug. Wes told her point blank it could be her BaNoNuts made miserable this season. And she agreed! Gross behavior for an adult to a. Perpetrate and b. Witness silently. I wouldn't want Sarah teaching anything anywhere, and something tells me she won't be.

And singing us the sad song of Jenna the next day! Getting yelled at for being a two-faced bitch. Poor Jenna. Fuck off, show! Even a scumbag like Zach doesn't want her and neither do I.

ugh. I hate this show.

• Love 10

Eh, Vince did that jumping at Devin thing just because he could. It's why he keeps needling people. He's free to say and do what he wants as long as he doesn't assault someone. So, he takes full advantage because he's a punk bitch. He wouldn't do any of this stuff without production around. He used production to make Devin look dumb. Ooh he's scared I was going to hit him knowing damn well he wasn't going to touch him. What an ass.

None of the chuckle heads in the room with the idiots couldn't even say, regardless of your intent, you insulted and hurt Cheyenne so leave her the fuck alone and end it. That's all. Johnny couldn't even start the conversation the next day without first prefacing it with bullshit. This is about a three in terms of how bad it is in the house. Who the fuck cares? You are a adult. Stop picking on people like your in grade school. If someone says stop. Stop. 

• Love 9

John, it's only a "horrendously tough" decision if you're a complete asshole, only an asshole would even think about keeping all of the money for themselves.  I read about the point twist in the spoiler thread but I was hoping it wasn't true.  That's not right. 

• Love 3

Sarah is even worse than Bananas and Vince.  That self-righteous smirk on her face throughout the entire argument had me seeing red.  How can you claim to be this kind, loving person who stands up for what's right and then sit there smirking through that?!  Screw her.  Screw her a thousand times.  She's the worst kind of person there is.  I've been Cheyenne in many situations and ended up hating the Sarahs worse than the Vinces.

• Love 15

I'm glad at least the author sees through Devin's good guy act. He is the most likely to keep all the winnings to himself. I don't believe for a second that he cared about standing up for Cheyenne. He just saw a great opportunity for more camera time. Between this show and the commercials for Teen Mom, I'm sick of MTV rewarding idiots for bad behavior. It's becoming painfully obvious that I have to stop watching this crap.

• Love 1

Could neither of these dumb teams realize that, in an elimination of bad puns, the easy way was to "roll out the barrel?"  As both teams lugged these monstrous things around, it was all I could do to not scream at the screen "roll them, stupid!"

• Love 1

I am really sick of watching adults bully other adults and just be mean assholes and be rewarded for it. I hope MTV notices that the viewers dont like it ( from what Ive seen on FB) and changes their cast. Bananas and Vince together is a horrible combination and its not even entertaining !!! Like I dont wan't to watch assholes on my tv. Its not fun, its not interesting

Im really ready for the Challenge to go back to how it was. :( yeah you had assholes but the actual game was more interesting to watch, more physical...this has been an awful, boring season. 

I dont even care about the final!!!! I dont !!!

• Love 4

Devin and Cheyenne are so lucky... I am rooting for them though.  Hopefully they can a) finish and b) take some money out of Banana's and Vinny's hand.  It's a long shot, but seeing as they were one of the first team eliminated and now are in the final, anything is possible I guess.

• Love 3

It was completely bullshit that all the teams didn't have to compete in the last elimination round.  The only team that should have been guaranteed in the final is the team that won the last competition.

4 hours ago, crookedjackson44 said:

Could neither of these dumb teams realize that, in an elimination of bad puns, the easy way was to "roll out the barrel?"  As both teams lugged these monstrous things around, it was all I could do to not scream at the screen "roll them, stupid!"

At first, I thought the same thing, but there must have been a rule that the barrel had to be carried.  I was surprised, rather shocked, that Dario and Nicole did as well as they did on the word puzzles. 

So glad Devin called Sarah out, especially when she said, "Everything is fine.  She [Cheyenne] knows its fine and you [Vince] know its fine."  What about any of the altercation indicated to her that they were fine.  Oh, I know, because Sarah wasn't the one being picked on, so it was all fine.  POS.

From Johnny's reaction, or lack there of rather,  to the "twist", I think he either knew about it beforehand, has already made up his mind to screw Sarah over, or both.  I think it's shitty to do that to your partner, yet slightly gratifying because Sarah has been so awful this season.  From her head being buried up Johnny's ass, even as he continued to treat her like shit, to the sanctimonious way she's spoken to other people on the show, to the fact that she'd rather have shitty people like her than check them for being dipshits to others.... She knows, which is why she's now terrified.  And you know what, if Johnny screws her out of the money, I'll only feel 60-70% bad about it.

• Love 9

This show kind of sucks now. I pretty much don't like any of them. Vince is such a loser too with his running at Devin. Grow the fuck up.

Sarah is the worst too. She is so pathetic.

I also used to like Jenna, but this episode changed that.

• Love 4

Fuck everyone except Cheyenne.  Devin was a super dick on AYTO, so though he's won some points by standing up for Cheyenne, he has a ways to go.  I wish there was some way for Cheyenne to keep everyone's money, regardless of where she & Devin finish in the finale.

• Love 7

Jenna, you let me down. Her being a part of the nasty crew, was sad. I have always liked her, but my opinion has changed.  I think Devon is an ass, but I appreciate him sticking up for Cheyenne and not being afraid of the twin meathead idiots.  Vince, go away!

• Love 5

WTF, during that entire sit down, Cheyenne had to explain herself and Devin apologies. Where were the apologies from Vince and Johnny? I'm glad Sarah got called out. I want her to get chewed out at the reunion so badly. Is she friends with Laurel? Because I feel like someone like Laurel would tear her down pretty good and I really want to see Sarah get her good dose of reality. She's self-righteous and hypocritical. 

The universe gave Cheyenne good luck with those skulls and corks in return for dealing with a partner like Devin and idiots like Johnny, Vince and Sarah. 

While I really wanted Johnny and Sarah to go home, I laughed at the karma Dario and Nicole got served, haha. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

WTF, during that entire sit down, Cheyenne had to explain herself and Devin apologies. Where were the apologies from Vince and Johnny? I'm glad Sarah got called out. I want her to get chewed out at the reunion so badly. Is she friends with Laurel? Because I feel like someone like Laurel would tear her down pretty good and I really want to see Sarah get her good dose of reality. She's self-righteous and hypocritical. 

The universe gave Cheyenne good luck with those skulls and corks in return for dealing with a partner like Devin and idiots like Johnny, Vince and Sarah. 

While I really wanted Johnny and Sarah to go home, I laughed at the karma Dario and Nicole got served, haha. 

She and Laurel were friends back when the two of them were being completes assholes to Cara Maria.  I assume they're still friends, or friendly.  And that's a shame, because I'd love to see Sarah get the kind of take down Laurel delivered to Eric or Paula.  Although, is Laurel even doing these any more?  

I feel like I'm one of the only people who really likes Devin, but I never watched AYTO, so I had no pre-existing baggage with him.  Of the people left, he and Cheyenne are far and away my favorites.  (Not that the bar is high with this group...) 

I couldn't believe Nicole's "If I had the chance to go back, I wouldn't have played it any differently."  Really?  You wouldn't maybe side with your cousin to increase the odds that you'd both make the final four?  Dario, feel free to never return to my TV, OK?  Thanks.  

I can't be the only one who feels like this twist was instituted solely for John?  I will thoroughly enjoy the karma if John takes all the money and leaves Sarah with nothing.  You know that she'd take it as a sign that he really doesn't like her after all, and if there's one thing she can't deal with, it's someone not liking her.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 9

Happy Ending (My Version): Sarah and Johnny win the final mission, and Sarah has more points. She takes a deep breath, offers a half-hearted apology to Johnny, takes the $275K for herself, and promptly announces her retirement from the show, because that money would cover grad school and at least one kid. Knowing her, she'd name the baby "Johnny" because she's all about staying friends.

Happy Ending (BMP/MTV Version): Sarah and Johnny win the final mission, and Johnny has more points. Johnny mulls things over, and out of the kindness of his heart, decides to split the money with his rival. Because he is a benevolent Banana, you see. Also. he can trick his cousin out of his money by giving him beans. Not even magic beans . . . just a can he found at a bodega.

Sucky drive for a sucky season. I hate cumulative finales, because it's so easy for the producers to fudge the times to where they would want the ending. I still can't give Johnny credit for winning Free Agents because I'm convinced skulduggery was involved. Also, Cara Maria & Jamie to a lesser extent on Bloodlines. And we're also down to a team that was eliminated in the first fucking round and the perennial third-placer and her punk bitch of a partner. Credit goes to Bitchio and Nany's plus-one for making it all possible. Well, maybe just Bitchio.

Personally, I'd give the money to Cheyenne's mother. All of the money. I'm guessing Cheyenne is a nice person, especially when she's apart from Budget Wes, but she still has AYTO stank on her.

We shouldn't get corks involved unless it involves soaking them and having Jimmy Fallon and Horatio Sanz try to keep a straight face. Good times.

Anybody else find it funny that Johnny got sucked into a final endgame through chance? That's how he survived CT on Free Agents.

• Love 2

Wow. John is so going to keep the money if he wins. Sarah is already terrified. Can't stand those two. 

I was pretty surprised Dario figured out the riddles so fast. 

Loved Devin giving everyone the smack down. 

• Love 4

Vince did apologize, during that weird luncheon. I remember because I was so shocked. Not that it was elaborate. He just said, "I'm sorry" or "I apologize." Bananas didn't, either did Sarah. I don't think Jenna did either, but I'm not sure.

And speaking of that luncheon, the way it was edited was really funny. They all sit down with their empty place settings in front of them and then the apologies happen. Then cut to them all getting up to leave, place settings still empty with not even a hint of food on them. I wonder if they even got to eat or it was just filmed for the so called apologies.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I feel like I'm one of the only people who really likes Devin, but I never watched AYTO, so I had no pre-existing baggage with him.  Of the people left, he and Cheyenne are far and away my favorites.  (Not that the bar is high with this group...) 

I couldn't believe Nicole's "If I had the chance to go back, I wouldn't have played it any differently."  Really?  You wouldn't maybe side with your cousin to increase the odds that you'd both make the final four?  Dario, feel free to never return to my TV, OK?  Thanks.  

I can't be the only one who feels like this twist was instituted solely for John?  I will thoroughly enjoy the karma if John takes all the money and leaves Sarah with nothing.  You know that she'd take it as a sign that he really doesn't like her after all, and if there's one thing she can't deal with, it's someone not liking her.  

I agree, and just wanted to say I always agree with your take on things!  To your last point, though - John and Sarah seemed pretty friendly during the last aftershow, didn't they? (not spoiling - I have no idea who wins).  I'd imagine things would he frostier if that happened.  But yes, the karma would be great.

1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

Happy Ending (BMP/MTV Version): Sarah and Johnny win the final mission, and Johnny has more points. Johnny mulls things over, and out of the kindness of his heart, decides to split the money with his rival. Because he is a benevolent Banana, you see. 

Two things about Bananas: first, he's always strategizing, and secondly, The Challenge is his life.  So there's no way he won't split the money with Sarah, should he win, for only one reason - no one will ever trust him or want to work with him again.  To use TJ's word, it's WAY too dirty.

• Love 1

Sarah could simply threaten to tank the rest of the challenge unless he agrees if he gets the most points to split the money.  She could guarantee they don't come in first and it's such a steep drop off from first to second prize money, he'd have no choice but to agree.

There may be a task which requires both of them, like lugging barrels or solving puzzles.  So he'd need her in those cases too.

• Love 2

But what's to prevent him from saying he'll share the money to get her to perform and then when it comes down to it, backs out at the end? He would have no choice but to agree but he wouldn't have to go through with it.

• Love 5

Sarah, you are a POS for being a spineless minion. As the saying goes, "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Not that she is much of a friend, but she's just an apathetic passive follower, unless it concerns her being the 'victim'. If the spoilers are true,

Spoiler

I'm glad she gets get screwed over by John. (big surprise!) 

Stop making me actually like Devin. And Jenna, please go throw water bottles at yourself. And put on some pants. No wonder all your boyfriends cheat on you, they know they can because you're so dense.

• Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny kept all of the money because he might say he's forgiven Sarah, but he absolutely loves to hold grudges and what better way to get back at her than to keep the money. I don't like this twist because it doesn't seem fair to me, but I wouldn't feel too bad for Sarah if Johnny kept the money solely based on what a kiss up she's been to him.

i liked that Devin told everybody off and rightfully so. I usually like Jenna, but she was two-faced this episode, on one side, disapproving of Vince's bullying of Cheyenne and then on the other, denying she ever said anything about it later on to save face in front of Vince and Johnny.

• Love 2

The way they behaved at the After Show last week, it seemed like they won.  If Bananas screwed Sarah over, it's doubtful she'd be chummy with him on the After Show.

I'm glad Devin told everyone off. WTF with John ordering security/production to "get him out of our faces" like he's Justin Bieber with a bodyguard? STFU you arrogant ass.

So if John had pulled the second black cork, would that have meant they would be eliminated automatically? Nah, probably not. Anyway, at least Nicole was overjoyed that Dario would be following her on Instagram. I'm sure that makes up for not getting to the final. 

Why does John have such a fascination with male butts? After the elimination when Devin/Chey and Vince/Jenna rejoined them, John was grabbing at Devin's butt looking for Devin's lucky horseshoe. Because if he had one that's exactly where he would keep it, right? Grabbing dude's butts and bringing dildos on Challenges, makes you wonder.

Sarah has been intolerable this season and a total sheep, but I would greatly prefer to see John have karma served to him by Sarah winning the most points and keeping all the money. That would be 100x better.

It seems every season TJ says they will be competing for the most prize money ever. They didn't up the total money being given away this time, they just took some from second and third place and moved it to first. smh

• Love 4

What was Jenna saying that Devin thought was two faced? Was it just that she was talking to Vince at all? I heard her ask Devin, what did I do?, but I couldn't tell what his answer was.

I think Jenna probably felt bad that Cheyenne was so upset, but also privately thought that Cheyenne was massively overreacting, due to drinking or the stress of the situation. I can just see Jenna thinking- well, I wouldn't care if these guys called me Jessica instead of Jenna, why does Cheyenne care so much? and not having any idea of the connotation that Cheyenne was picking up on. I don't think Jenna is mean spirited at all, I think she's just largely oblivious to a lot of things. Sarah, on the other hand, is savvy enough to probably know exactly what was so upsetting to Cheyenne, but wasn't willing to risk her shaky truce with Bananas to do anything about it. Whether Vince or Bananas picked up on it is unclear to me. Vince probably didn't. He's an idiot. John, on the other hand, for all his numerous faults, is a pretty clever guy and also good at reading people. But he may have figured a rattled team is only to his advantage, so why stop.

If John won the most points and opted to split with Sarah, that moment was and probably will forever be the single greatest moment of Sarah's life. I feel sorry for her husband and future kids (if she has them). Nothing they ever do will top the moment Bananas confirms via finances that he and Sarah are cool.

• Love 5

Looks the the finale drama will not come from who is going to win (because that clearly will be John and Sarah - blech) but only from whether they will split the money.  I wonder if that was a last minute twist when the producers looked at the final three and realized John and Sarah will run away with that (if Jenna were teamed with Devin I would give them a fair shot but Vince and Cheyenne will both gas out for sure). They had to create some type of suspense.  

Because it cannot be said enough.... shut up Sarah. She takes way too much pride in being thought of as the "smartest" among a bunch of imbeciles.  The bar isn't that high sweetie. Take it down a notch on the smug. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Two things about Bananas: first, he's always strategizing, and secondly, The Challenge is his life.  So there's no way he won't split the money with Sarah, should he win, for only one reason - no one will ever trust him or want to work with him again.  To use TJ's word, it's WAY too dirty.

I could see Johnny boning Sarah and retiring afterward. Would a $275K payday be the biggest in the history of the show? It would be a helluva note to go out on.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I could see Johnny boning Sarah and retiring afterward. Would a $275K payday be the biggest in the history of the show? It would be a helluva note to go out on.

I can see John keeping the money and thinking/expecting people to fall in line & do his bidding the next time he participates in a Challenge.  So…some time next year.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

I agree, and just wanted to say I always agree with your take on things!  To your last point, though - John and Sarah seemed pretty friendly during the last aftershow, didn't they? (not spoiling - I have no idea who wins).  I'd imagine things would he frostier if that happened.  But yes, the karma would be great.

I actually thought that, when she wasn't speaking, she looked decidedly unhappy.  But, really, if he does take all the money, it wouldn't surprise me for her to sit there and act all chummy with him.  Her need for people to like her is pathological, and I could see her rationalizing to herself that they're "even" now.  

13 hours ago, Steph619 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny kept all of the money because he might say he's forgiven Sarah, but he absolutely loves to hold grudges and what better way to get back at her than to keep the money. I don't like this twist because it doesn't seem fair to me, but I wouldn't feel too bad for Sarah if Johnny kept the money solely based on what a kiss up she's been to him.

I agree, the twist is ridiculously unfair.  I don't see how production can expect cast members to trust them once they all knew this was on the table.  Even the ones who mostly show up for the free vacation, might second guess "you mean that, even if I do everything right, win missions, survive any eliminations I face, and win the final, I could still walk away empty handed?"  Although, on the other hand, I would love if the effect this has, if John takes it all, is that nobody trusts him as an alliance partner any more.  Because if he'd take the money his partner rightfully won alongside him for himself, all bets should be off for the rest of them.  How can you rely on someone like that to keep up his end of an alliance?  Vince should basically be the only one who trusts him after something like that.   If he does it, John will, of course, play it off as "this is payback for the money she cheated me out of on Exes," but, really, I don't think there are many people among the Challenge regulars who he wouldn't do the same thing to.  He's always been about getting that money, and this is, essentially, his career.  I don't think he's a decent enough guy to be able to resist taking home that kind of money, regardless of whose expense he takes it at.  And he'd just justify it as "well, I performed the best, so I won."  

I actually think the twist would be more interesting if, instead of one partner in the team being able to decide whether to split or not, you either let the other two teams vote as to how each team's money is split, or, and this is my preference, you let the eliminated cast members all vote.  Could you imagine if John had to rely on all of the people he's gunned for over the season to decide if he gets to take home any money?  

• Love 6
(edited)

The problem with not trusting John is...what are they supposed to do about it? Say he comes on the next challenge where there's a partnership, and his partner has seen this series. You can't switch partners. You can't orchestrate his elimination without eliminating yourself.  So, really, they may not trust him, but their only recourse would be to just quit on the first day upon realizing they were stuck with John.Who wants to do that?

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Tatum said:

The problem with not trusting John is...what are they supposed to do about it? Say he comes on the next challenge where there's a partnership, and his partner has seen this series. You can't switch partners. You can't orchestrate his elimination without eliminating yourself.  So, really, they may not trust him, but their only recourse would be to just quit on the first day upon realizing they were stuck with John.Who wants to do that?

True, for his partners.  Although anyone who isn't his partner is not going to trust him as much as they would have before that, in terms of alliances, because, if he takes it all, it's a clear signal that he will do anything and screw anyone over, even the partner who helped him win, to get more money for himself.  After spending how long bitching about Sarah sending him into elimination (where his fate was still in his own hands, to an extent), I don't see how he could justify literally taking money out of the hands of the person who helped him win it, and then still look the rest of these people in the eye and pretend he's not a far bigger snake than he accused her of being.  As for partners, if they have another announcement at the start of the final, that this will happen again, I can see them being more at odds with him in the final, instead of working together, because they'll be more focused on trying to get more points for themselves.  He'd need another partner like Sarah - someone who wants his approval so badly and who also cannot stand to lose, even if they won't end up getting a penny for winning.  

Not to mention that, in Exes, he was already on borrowed time.  He'd been eliminated once and brought back.  He failed to survive elimination twice in the same season.  That's not Sarah's fault.  This season, however, Sarah was just as integral to their success as he was (even more when you remember that he started the season off being petty and sabotaging her instead of trying his best to win).  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

As KerleyQ said, I think it would affect his alliance masterminding and manipulating, which is a big part of how he always gets to the finale rounds.  Alliances are based on trust - I'll have your back if you have mine.  Who on earth would ever trust him again - at any stage - if he made this move?  

He's also been so complimentary towards Sarah and their partnership, and he knows he only got to the finale because of her contribution, so I can't imagine him being that much of a dick.  I kinda hope I'm wrong, though, cuz it would maybe be the dirtiest thing ever done on the show, and that will be his legacy.  

• Love 3

John is such a piece of shit. I think Sarah knows it and everyone else does, too. It's not surprising that he was so evasive when Sarah was looking for confirmation. I would absolutely NOT be surprised if he keeps his share completely. The thing is that Sarah won the first round, because it didn't have to do with endurance; it was more puzzly. And not science! Just a quick note, why does she keep calling things science that aren't really science? You untangled cables; don't sign up for Mensa quite yet. I digress. She knows the final challenge is going to change and turn into one of endurance and physical strength. I think it's a no-brainer that Sarah and Johnny will win. It seems obvious that John will outperform Sarah. She knows that, too, which is probably why she kept asking him to promise that he would split the money. He kept dodging her questions, because that way when he does it, he won't be labeled a liar. He'll just be a coward and God knows that he'll defend his decision to the bitter end. He always finds a way to deflect criticism and he obviously has no problem playing the part of the hypocritical jackass. People that come on the challenges are idiots so if he does keep the money for himself and come back to do another challenge, I don't think he'll see too much backlash. He'll spin it and say that he did to Sarah as payback for what she did to him. I'm so tired of seeing him on these challenges. But maybe I'm wrong and he'll do the right thing, but I'm not expecting him to. Either way, if he does keep it all, I would find it very difficult to be sympathetic toward Sarah. She's just awful and has reverted back to her needy, pathetic self.

I disagree with the poster above that mentioned Deven would be the most likely to keep the money and not share with his partner. From what I've seen of him on this challenge, he seems protective of Cheyenne and knows that if he did, he would be everything he accused Johnny and Vince of being. Thank God that he called Sarah out. She doesn't really give a shit about "victims" as long as it's not her. She wants to so badly to be Johnny's friend, it's sickening. And Sarah should know that staying silent while watching someone get bullied is no better than doing the bullying yourself. I'm just glad someone finally told everybody what we've all been thinking. It won't make a difference, but still, good to hear.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

you let the eliminated cast members all vote.  Could you imagine if John had to rely on all of the people he's gunned for over the season to decide if he gets to take home any money?

This is brilliant!  I would love to see the eliminated cast members vote on the final 3 teams and which teams get a head start.  John would shit himself.

• Love 2

Depends on how much longer he planned to do Challenges.

An extra $137k for himself?

No guarantee he'd win future Challenges either.

Sarah is obviously depending on that money for grad school and having a child.

If they had regular jobs, the money wouldn't be such a big deal.

(edited)

I think they got this idea from that show with the Bachelor/ette contestants (I'm completely blanking on the name at the moment). Before they did Bachelor in Paradise, they had a show where the bachelor/ette "rejects" got to compete for money. In the end, the winning partners had to choose whether they shared the money or kept the money. The teams always shared in previous years, but in one epic finale, one dude decided to kept the money for himself, explaining how much his partner and everyone else on the show were jerks. It was awesome hahha

Oh, yeah, it was called Bachelor Pad. It was an awesome moment!

Edited by lightbeam
Found the clip...
  • Love 1

Checked Wikipedia. The $375K would be the biggest payout. I didn't keep notes, but I'm sure that a 50/50 split would be pretty huge. IMHO, if Sarah wins and stabs Johnny in the back, I might respect her. But I can't imagine her wanting to get hot lava dropped on her by Johnny at the reunion and by his fans. And I wasn't kidding that she'd name her firstborn after him. Even if it's a girl, she would come off as being that needy for acceptance.

• Love 1

If they are going to do a twist like this they should have all the contestants decide, privately, before the challenge begins, whether or not they want to share.  If both partners agree to share, then they share.  If one chooses to share and the other chooses to keep it, then the person who chose to keep it gets it all and the one who chose to share gets nothing.  But if both choose to keep it all, then neither gets anything, even if you win.  There was a short lived game show that had strangers work as partners and that was how it worked.  WAY more interesting than getting to decide after you know how it all turns out, IMO.

Banana's has got to be getting close to retiring from the Challenges.  There is starting to be a bigger and bigger age gap between him and the newer Alpha males jockeying for position.  I would think he would want to go out on top, rather than be physically and strategically overpowered by the new guys who are a) Physically at their prime, and b) Don't really care much about who used to be the boss.  It would be a badge of honor to take out the elderly godfather.  He might have a couple more in him, but he's got to be weighing the risk of not going out on top.  Then again, if MTV keeps casting dumb shit cowards like these, he could go on indefinitely. 

• Love 3

I remember that moment on Bachelor Pad, it was actually what I first thought of when I heard this twist. Once again, MTV not being orginal. I remember when they started doing the voting off thing, it was also a somewhat rip off of Survior at the time. I mean.. whatever but i do think the show is trying hard to being fresh and exciting. Probably because this season was a bore. Most of the episodes had nothing going on since teams were getting hurt or quitting and then it was all kind of a lather rinse and repeat with Stupid Sarah and John winning all the challenges. I stopped caring a long time ago. Did anything good even happen this season? I'm blanking on memorable moments here. Except for the fact that this season made me ship Nany and Wes.

• Love 1

By the way, Sarah posted herself a little essay on Instagram why she didn't stand up to Johnny and Vince when they were picking on Cheyenne. I can't even take any part of it seriously. She starts off by saying that she tries to start dialogue about social injustices. <insert eye roll here>. She also said she pulled Cheyenne aside later and told her that she thought Vince and Johnny were wrong and out of line. Of course, this wasn't captured on camera. So she claims. She ends by saying that people should judge others by their actions as a whole and not by isolated incidents. If that's the case, I judge her inaction even that much more harshly. She has witnessed countless amount of bullying on these challenges and not once has she stood up for those being harassed. Just by showing up and participating on these challenges and rubbing elbows with the worst of them, she's condoning their behavior. Like I said in my previous post, she's no better than them by sitting back and and bearing witness to it. Even the way she talks about the Tonya incident on the Ruins disgusts me. It's even more inexcusable considering that she has been a victim of sexual assault and bullying herself. In a way she made light of it and was trying to make it seem like it wasn't that bad.

She's either afraid to stand up to Johnny because she doesn't want to become the new target or she wants to preserve their "friendship." If once she had stood up to him or tried to start a dialogue about social issues, I'm sure the camera would've caught it. Instead, it constantly catches her in the background watching someone being verbally abused. She has never stood up to any of these assholes. She defended Kenny who berated her like nobody's business. She prides herself on being smarter and better than these people, but it's abundantly clear that she seeks their acceptance. That explanation rings hollow to me and I think Devin pegged her right when he said she follows the herd. I even rewatched the beginning of this episode and Sarah says something along the lines of "she knows it's fine and you know it's fine." Devin point blank tells her that "she doesn't know it's fine" and that she had no idea what was going on in the other room with Cheyenne. Sarah should have taken her winnings from the last challenge and walked away for good. Last season was the first time I actually warmed up to her and now she's reminding me of all the reasons I disliked her before. The more I see, the more I hate. At least Johnny kind of owns that he's an asshole (and not always), but Sarah preaches all this crap about bullying and shit, but she's certainly not practicing it.

• Love 8

She's so full of shit.  Standing up for Cheyenne in that moment didn't require a full sit down conversation with two drunk guys about all of the reasons what they were doing was wrong.  Sure, that longer conversation should take place when they're not drunk a 4 AM.  However, no matter what time, and no matter where the bullies fall on the sober to drunk spectrum, you can absolutely say "stop it."  You can make your displeasure known.  All she would have had to say was "guys, stop, you're drunk and acting like assholes, go sleep it off, because how you're behaving is not OK."  

• Love 10

Exactly! No one was asking Sarah to try to explain what it's like to be a black woman in the U.S. or why she's pro choice, at 4 am to two drunks.  But she can absolutely tell Vince he's being offensive and to shut up.

He may not listen to her. In fact, he most likely wouldn't, and he may turn his ire on Sarah as well, or he may just ignore her and continue to harass Cheyenne. But so what? By speaking up, she has let Cheyenne know she's not alone, and that she does not agree with his behavior. And you know what else, Sarah? Something you should know better than anyone really? Sometimes it only takes one person (who isn't Devin) to stand up and say, that's not right, for everyone else to chime in. When everyone is afraid to be that one person, that just makes Cheyenne feel like everyone agrees with what the bully is saying.

Something tells me if Bananas had told Vince he was being offensive, Sarah would have found 4 am to be a totally appropriate time to lecture Vince on social issues.

• Love 10