Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Oh Yes, It's Ladies Night

• Start Topic

On July 29, 2016 at 11:36 PM, peeayebee said:

I don't know Hannah Davis.

Well, my recording got most Bear Gryllis or whoever, and then the first two games of HGN. It was ok. I liked both games.

Hannah Davis is a model, most notably in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue (she was on the cover in 2015). She was also the host of Project Runway Junior last season. To top it all off, around 3 weeks ago tomorrow (July 11th) she married Derek Jeter. He's a now-retired (I think) baseball star who played (plays?) with the New York Yankees. I knew 2/3 of this off the top of my head; got the rest, & confirmed it all, through her Wikipedia page.

Well, I was happy to see that Bellamy Young appears pretty cool, and smart. But all the celebrities genuinely tried hard for their civilians and there weren't any bad players. I felt bad for Georgette as I think she would've done much better in Celebrity Name Game as the other woman. But I still like the show's tiebreaker method, for putting the civilians' fates in their own hands.

On August 6, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Black Knight said:

But I still like the show's tiebreaker method, for putting the civilians' fates in their own hands.

I haven't liked their previous tiebreaker methods, but on reflection I don't really like this one either. My problem with it is this: Assuming both contestants are reasonably good spellers in general, any given name they're required to spell will be pretty easy and obvious at the start, and then there'll be a first "tricky" letter (say the 7th) -- which either of them might get wrong, so it's solely a matter of which of them started. Whoever does letter 1 will also have letter 7, because they go in strict alternation, and that's the ballgame.