Type keyword(s) to search

Toddlers & Tiaras - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It was nice to see Eden Wood again.  She is still really pretty and seems like a nice little girl.  My daughter was watching with me, and immediately recognized her as Darla from The Little Rascals movie.  I'm glad she got the fame her mother wanted so badly, at least it doesn't seem to have spoiled her.  Good for her.

• Love 2

To revisit the goat poop - because I must!

The goat was outside of it's carrier walking around free.  While the one mom Elicia was over the top with the freak out, Marcy (Kaila's mom) and Cambrie were both pretty calm about the problem but assigned the poop problem to the goat. Also GoatBitch aka Kelly was asked by Elicia if the "goat poop" was her and her response was "probably" in the initial confrontation and when she was asked to pick it up she told Elicia to knock herself out . And then shit escalated. Personally I think GoatBitch was being cute for the cameras and then couldn't back down.

• Love 1

I had to rewind and turn on my close captioning to see if I heard correctly when Annette Hill called Abby a "top KNOT professional." 

edited to add, The hairstylist who created that atrocity on "Princess Mehayle's" head was obviously NOT a top knot professional! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7

My eyes rolled so far back so many  times during this episode that I still can't see.  Are these people fucking serious?  A grown ass woman crying because she sees Eden Wood?  Seriously?  I would be ashamed to show my face in public if that was me. "That's your dream baby...it's Eden Wood, sob sob".  Jesus Christ this shit is ridiculous. 

Eden, seems like an ok kid considering that mother of hers.  What the hell was that CHILD wearing?!  Hot pants and high heels seem like a great idea for a little kid.  She's definitely growing into her looks though, she's getting cuter. Her mom sure is a piece of work. 

I need to go find my eyeballs, they're still rolled back in my head somewhere. 

Edit: Am I hearing things wrong or does every single person on this show say "ultimint" grand nachotaco supreme?". 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

To revisit the goat poop - because I must!

The goat was outside of it's carrier walking around free.  While the one mom Elicia was over the top with the freak out, Marcy (Kaila's mom) and Cambrie were both pretty calm about the problem but assigned the poop problem to the goat. Also GoatBitch aka Kelly was asked by Elicia if the "goat poop" was her and her response was "probably" in the initial confrontation and when she was asked to pick it up she told Elicia to knock herself out . And then shit escalated. Personally I think GoatBitch was being cute for the cameras and then couldn't back down.

Wouldn't shock me if Cambrie's mom squad had been dismissive or obnoxious towards Kelly all day in that shared makeup room... that would explain (but not excuse) her hostility when cornered about cleaning shit off the floor. 

I actually agree with you, Drogo - because Elicia was fairly hostile across the board. But Marcy was a rarity, a mom who impressed me with being fairly grounded and realistic about how important the pageant thing was. But the cheerful agreement of "probably" and the fact that the goat was roaming free, and GoatMom screaming at her not into pageants daughter to give the other moms the Cinderella show and pick up the shit and the whole "we live on a farm, we aint afraid of shit, hey why don't you eat the shit, bitches, and tell my by taste how you know its my goat shit and not some other shit, bitches!" just screams to me that Kelly was caught out. Kelly was also the one proudly and publically advocating they go out into the parking lot and fight.... all while merrily snotting in confessionals how ugly the other kids were... I have to be honest... I don't get the impression the taunting and insults and cursing and physical threats all occurred because the Cambrie Court moms were bedeviling poor gentle Kelly from the start. Kelly was encouraging her kid to distract another kid while performing and jokingly asked a pageant underling to sabotage another kid's music. She seems like a bitch to me.

• Love 7

This pageant world is such a weird little microcosm of society, where someone as inconsequential as Eden Wood is a big enough star to make adults collapse in hysteria. I also enjoyed seeing her again though. I don't think she's turning out to be particularly pretty, but I really appreciated her commentary on the pageant. And I was very pleased that we heard more from Eden than Mickie.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, momofsquid said:

This pageant world is such a weird little microcosm of society, where someone as inconsequential as Eden Wood is a big enough star to make adults collapse in hysteria. I also enjoyed seeing her again though. I don't think she's turning out to be particularly pretty, but I really appreciated her commentary on the pageant. And I was very pleased that we heard more from Eden than Mickie.

I was pretty entertained watching grown women lose their shit over Eden Wood, whose greatest accomplishments in the pageant world were reached before the age of seven. I did think Eden did very well as a judge, though.

But then, this episode was a goldmine for entertaining but ultimately depressing moments:

1. Mahayle's biggest dream being becoming a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.

2. Mahayle's mom bragging about teaching her sexualized dance moves.

3. Kaydence's mom despairing over her interest in fishing because it wasn't "girly" enough.

I couldn't get any entertainment out of poor Abby freezing during her performance because she couldn't remember the routine, because a) how awful! and b) that has happened to me under different circumstances. Poor kid.

But Marcy was a rarity, a mom who impressed me with being fairly grounded and realistic about how important the pageant thing was.

I liked Marcy, crazy eyes and all. She had a sense of humour about the whole thing and stressed how important it was for Kailia to have fun and to be happy with the results, which is the attitude to have when your child is involved in competitions. With that said, I kind of side eyed the fact that she started "stretching" Kailia when she was just a baby (to help her acquire contortion as a skill). I think the prevailing medical opinion is that contortion is not dangerous or unhealthy (not sure about it, though, I'm not a doctor or anything), but she was just a baby, geez. Who starts yanking their infant's limbs around to give them a competitive edge?

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

See, children like Mahayle are the reason I love to watch Making The Team about the DC cheerleaders.  All those young, blonde women being told all their lives how the DCC is the end goal only to not make the cut.  Being told NO for the first time.

See, children like Mahayle are the reason I love to watch Making The Team about the DC cheerleaders.  All those young, blonde women being told all their lives how the DCC is the end goal only to not make the cut.  Being told NO for the first time.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, BengalKitty said:

Now I'm really curious about the three quotes you just un-quoted. 

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

I liked Marcy, crazy eyes and all. She had a sense of humour about the whole thing and stressed how important it was for Kailia to have fun and to be happy with the results, which is the attitude to have when your child is involved in competitions. With that said, I kind of side eyed the fact that she started "stretching" Kailia when she was just a baby (to help her acquire contortion as a skill). I think the prevailing medical opinion is that contortion is not dangerous or unhealthy (not sure about it, though, I'm not a doctor or anything), but she was just a baby, geez. Who starts yanking their infant's limbs around to give them a competitive edge?

Yes, the two of them seen fairly down-to-earth. 

Stretching Kailia when she was a month old reminds me of Chinese gymnasts, who are often forced to stretch into dangerous positions even as young children. 

• Love 1

Well, mainly shaking my head at the behavior of the mothers this episode (it's been getting worse as the season goes on, imo).  

But Cambrie's black and white, side-boob-deluxe dress for the win.

And, when I hear a name like Nikki Nicole (or whatever) it sounds like it should be being announced by a smarmy DJ exhorting the guys to "make it rain" as she heads to the main stage.

• Love 5

Topanga- you didn't miss anything with my deleted quotes.  Using my phone and had technical issues.

I had wanted an update on Eden.  A where is she now kinda thing.  She is well spoken and her comments about the contestants were spot on.  But I had to laugh at the reaction of the moms.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BengalKitty said:

I had wanted an update on Eden.  A where is she now kinda thing.  She is well spoken and her comments about the contestants were spot on.  But I had to laugh at the reaction of the moms.

The asshole in me wants to say "At the buffet.  She's been at the buffet."  But I know that's wrong.  It's just what comes from living under this totalitarian regime of awful-moms.

Although I must say, unless it was the editing, she seems surprisingly normal given the genetic and familial septic tank she was born into.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

But Nikki Nicole was ALMOST a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader so that makes her a goddess in Mehayle's mother's eyes

I watch the DCC MTT show, and she almost does look familiar.   I wonder what season she tried out and made finals?   I will say is she certainly has the look to be a DCC, so if she didn't make it into TC, she must not be able to dance - either that or she was out of shape/heavy.   She looked too heavy for the squad in the T&T footage (they want those girls super skinny and fit, so not saying she's fat at all just too big for DCC standards), but who knows what she looked like fitness-wise when she tried out.    She also could have had a bad interview.     I wonder when she tried out.

The Mehayle's mom is certianly a crazy peice of work.   The kid seems really spoiled and bratty too - that scene w/ the mom bribing her w/ $10 to give a good interview was pretty interesting.  I'm surprised that $10 was enough to get a reaction out of a kid like that - I mean she's sitting there in a $2000 pageant dress w/ $200 worth of hair and makeup?  Don't you think it would have least cost $100 to bribe her?  Lol.  I almost wonder if that was staged and the kid was in on it.  Who knows.

I thought the red headed girl seemed like a spoiled brat too and her face looked ridiculously frozen and odd in her beauty.

This new kaydence seemed pretty likable.

It was cool to see Eden Wood more grown up.   She seemed very well spoken and gave good feedback when judging.   I bet that little extra weight she has on her goes away as she gets taller and she'll probably be a knockout as a teenager.   I never minded her mom on the show - thought she was kind of funny.

Hated how they made a cliffhanger out of that mom falling or whatever it was.  Waiting multiple weeks to find out what happens at these pageants is the thing I hate MOST about this new format.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I watch the DCC MTT show, and she almost does look familiar.   I wonder what season she tried out and made finals?   I will say is she certainly has the look to be a DCC, so if she didn't make it into TC, she must not be able to dance - either that or she was out of shape/heavy.   She looked too heavy for the squad in the T&T footage (they want those girls super skinny and fit, so not saying she's fat at all just too big for DCC standards), but who knows what she looked like fitness-wise when she tried out.    She also could have had a bad interview.     I wonder when she tried out.

Have you watched the reality show about the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders? (Or the TV movie). It is quite tough to make that squad. The women who do make it have to be great dancers, have a great personality, look the part, and most importantly, get along with the coaches and the veteran dancers. It's plausible that Nikki Nicole failed in any one (or more) of those areas.  

Edited by topanga

Yeah - I watch it a lot.  IMO that Nikki Nicole is really pretty and has the exact look and build that they usually look for - if she didn't at least make it into Training Camp (where they go through the process of cutting them down further), I'm saying it had to be for some other pretty strong reason other than her looks.

• Love 3
On 9/30/2016 at 8:39 AM, Venee said:

I haven't been on here much, but back in the TWoP days I posted a classic, which never gets old. If you're relatively new to the T&T "I can't believe this is a real thing" watching community, you may not know that there used to be a segment called "Proam"  in beauty pageants. It was this dance modeling segment that has no equal. Sadly it's gone now, but through the magic of you tube (and a classic HBO Documentary called "Living Dolls"  must see btw)  ) We can return to the good old days. Enjoy! and if you don't have time fast forward to 1:37 where legendary coach Shane King does the demo. 

Great clip. Yes, the Proam dancing was great. I wonder if they got rid of it because the moms complained that it was too difficult for their girls to learn. 

I wanted to know more about 5-year-old Reed and his human growth hormone treatments--that the insurance company won't cover. What was his medical diagnosis? It seems like many parents are now giving kids these daily injections simply because they're short. 

• Love 1
On October 27, 2016 at 2:58 PM, Kloie said:

And fancy pants (good name, h/t Daisy Head) actually, ahem, fathered those children?  I can't remember too much about their prior episode, though I vaguely remember it taking place.  But I'm not buying it.   

ABSOLUTELY what I was thinking ... there is no way either one of those engaged in the, shall we say, "traditional" method of making those twins.  My guess is they bought them from a Russian orphanage with the express purpose of making pageant princesses out of them so they could BOTH live out their vicarious dreams without having to procreate.

My husband watched with me last night and he finally said "That Cambrie sure loves to show them boobies she paid for." And I died laughing. He also couldn't figure out who Edens wood was or why she was there. I said she was in a movie and retired at age 6. He cracked up. 

The Mom passing out, interesting.  Also, for them to be so over joked at seeing Eden, it was weird Edens critique of that same kid was "I've seen her look better". So, this isn't some special thing? Does she judge a lot of parents? This show is just getting weirder. 

I still can't stand the one girl. Sassy whatever. Of course it's rigged if the best kids win, right? Shut uuuuuppppp!!! 

• Love 2

My husband watched with me last night and he finally said "That Cambrie sure loves to show them boobies she paid for." And I died laughing.

Yesterday, I watched a couple of old episodes and Cambrie turned up in one of them. This was before the boob job and she was fully dressed the entire time. There was not a glimpse of her boobs or her thighs the entire time. I guess she's got that typical "I paid for these, and I'm going to show them every chance I get" reaction to breast augmentation.

I also watched an old Eden vs McKenzie episode. One where there was a rickety disney princess bed at stake for the ultimate grand supreme. Neither girl won it. Eden got regular non-ultimate grand supreme, and McKenzie got diddly squat. Eden was 6. When I turned that episode off, the tv was on TLC and it was the latest episode with Eden as judge in that bizarre pink bedazzled outfit. It was weird seeing Eden at 6 and then at 11 back to back. She's so grown now! And very confident. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought she'd be so much more awful than she was about being a "star." I wondered how much she even remembered about being in pageants. It doesn't seem like her career has really taken off the way her mother hoped. Other than that little rascals show and a short-lived raltiy show, there doesn't seem to be much going on for her, fame-wise.

• Love 2

The goat poop episode sucked. I am sorry but crazy eye mother Marci is also a total bitch. All these moms on TV acting horrible! On TV for all the world to see! I hated the show as I didn't know which mom went with which kid and which team and they just went on and on with the stupid moms acting like brats. The twins mom is a piece of work and those girls are going to grow up to be horrible human beings. Kahlia's mom has some crazy eyes and crazy eyebrows, I wonder what drugs she is on. The whole show stunk and I did not enjoy it. I was so confused at crowning as for which kid went with which team. The next episode (eden wood) was a million times better. More like the old format. You meet the girls and their crazy delusional moms in their homes before the show, then you watch them compete.

they all look fucking psycho in the flippers with the weird faces. That Abby in beauty was making all these wierd forced unnatural happy faces she looked demented. They all look really odd in the face. Its a sick sick world these pageants. Cambrie never said anything unkind about Kaydence from the other team. Why hearing all the moms say things like "oh what an ugly girl" and the other moms saying mean things about Cambrie. It's like they are all 4 years old. 

Mehayles (some name!) mom has a very, very low IQ. I would say she is borderline handicapped. It's so sad.

Edited by operalover
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, operalover said:

That Abby in beauty was making all these wierd forced unnatural happy faces she looked demented.

I couldn't believe how she was moving her eyes and eyebrows! First wide open, then narrowed, then roll eyes to the side, tilt head, a little wink, raise the eyebrows, bat eyelashes--shuffle the moves and repeat the process about the five times. It was positively bizarre and reminded me of an animatronic doll. 

edited to add: I totally forgot about the nose wrinkling, like she was smelling a fart

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, operalover said:

Mehayles (some name!) mom has a very, very low IQ. I would say she is borderline handicapped. It's so sad.

Really? I didn't see anything that distinguished her from the other pageant moms. Calling her daughter "princess" all the time was a little weird, though. And that "Texas dip"...? *shudder*

I'm kind of surprised that the pageant moms look like normal moms. I would have expected them to look more like Real Housewives (skinny, spray tans, Botox, etc.).

The Mom passing out, interesting. 

I'm guessing (hoping?) it all turned out fine. It would be pretty ghoulish to include footage of the mom being hospitalized because of something that turned out to be a stroke. The mom had mentioned how hot it was and how stressed out she was.

It was positively bizarre and reminded me of an animatronic doll. 

Nailed it!

Edited by Eyes High

Princess M's mom looked like she could have been Grandma.  I wonder what the story is? She seemed to have some serious smoker's voice going on, so maybe she just looks a LOT older than she is.  I thought Princess was not-so-hot, personally.

I thought Abby was a very cute girl with beautiful pre-pageant hair, but I agree with the poster on her that she was frighteningly animatronic doll like in beauty.

Well, Eden Wood... Was her movie one of those straight to video deals? I had never heard of it (yes, I've heard of & watched the original Little Rascals from the 30's, and have heard of but not watched the LR movie from the 90's starring Daryl Hannah, but this one was news to me.).  While I still contend that Eden is no great beauty, she could have turned out worse.  She seemed like a fairly nice kid.  I wonder how much she is being dragged out to these Clarion conference room pageants for her mother to feel like she is a star?  And I agree, it was REALLY sad to see how excited the one mom was to see her - "That's your dream!"!  Really?!  She seemed like a parody of a pageant mom.

I can't believe I forgot to mention the return of the Top Hat boys, or whatever Annette called them. I loved their commentary!  Krispie Kreme donuts on her head? LOL! The hair on that kid was a travesty, I must say. I'm going to ask my hair dresser for a Texas Tease next time & see what kind of reaction I get.  And what was the Cowboy Dip? It looked like she just squatted down & popped back up, but I'm assuming there was some kind of a$$ move I missed.

I'm going to have to watch the DCC reality show I am hearing about here. I've seen it advertised, but had no idea it would be so amusing.  Nikki Nicole-yikes- looks like a treasure trove of snark.

• Love 1
On 11/3/2016 at 10:42 AM, Eyes High said:

I was pretty entertained watching grown women lose their shit over Eden Wood, whose greatest accomplishments in the pageant world were reached before the age of seven. I did think Eden did very well as a judge, though.

But then, this episode was a goldmine for entertaining but ultimately depressing moments:

1. Mahayle's biggest dream being becoming a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.

2. Mahayle's mom bragging about teaching her sexualized dance moves.

3. Kaydence's mom despairing over her interest in fishing because it wasn't "girly" enough.

I couldn't get any entertainment out of poor Abby freezing during her performance because she couldn't remember the routine, because a) how awful! and b) that has happened to me under different circumstances. Poor kid.

There are numerous sites that disagree, and say that it is dangerous and can cause life long pain.

I should, but I don't feel like linking to them all here.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Really? I didn't see anything that distinguished her from the other pageant moms. Calling her daughter "princess" all the time was a little weird, though. And that "Texas dip"...? *shudder*

I

Just her whole "you will be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader some day" and "our dream" and the crying over Mickey Wood. The the bribing with the $10 and this is your big moment- just a very very low IQ.   It is just not normal for a grown woman to be crying over Mickey Wood and hoping her daughter is a Dallas Cowboy CL some day.  I would guess she has an IQ of 75. Just not a brain cell in her brain- even more stupid than the usual pageant mom.   I also think she had a seizure the way the other lady described it.  She said the tongue was out and she was shaking, sounds like a grand mal seizure. 

I hope they stick more with the format of this show, I really hated the goat poop show- too much focus on the horrible moms.

As for Eden Wood, many of you have commented that she seems like a nice girl. Most 11 year old girls are very sweet. They start to get horrible between ages 14-15-16. I know lots of 10 and 11 year old girls and they are all so sweet. Around ages 14 to 15 is when they become total brats.  It remains to be seen. She is too pudgey for Hollywood. The Little Rascals movie did go straight to DVD and she only got the part because she has the pouty lips like Darla. She didn't get anything after that. She is a big nobody, not a Hollywood star.

• Love 1

I will be interested to see if eden shows up in the miss usa/miss America circuit in 7 years. on the one hand,she is retired so I wouldn't expect so. but on the other hand what else does she know? she can't sing, dance, or act. She cant seem to get any traction as a reality star, and she's about to go through those ugly awkward years. it will be sad watching Mickie get more and more desperate to keep her kid in the spotlight when nobody really cares anymore. I hope she doesn't do that . 

I do think eden has the potential to be an attractive adult . 

5 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I will be interested to see if eden shows up in the miss usa/miss America circuit in 7 years. on the one hand,she is retired so I wouldn't expect so. but on the other hand what else does she know? she can't sing, dance, or act. She cant seem to get any traction as a reality star, and she's about to go through those ugly awkward years. it will be sad watching Mickie get more and more desperate to keep her kid in the spotlight when nobody really cares anymore. I hope she doesn't do that . 

I do think eden has the potential to be an attractive adult . 

I think she will be an attractive adult but nothing special. She was special as a 3 year old because she had those sweetheart lips and dimpled chin and heart shaped face AND she was advanced in the modeling and dancing for a 3 year old so she shined over the other 3 year olds who couldnt do anything. At age 4 she was also advanced in doing routines and had a very angelic face. She had the pouty lips that look so cute on a toddler. However as an adult, all the other 3 year olds catch up. And then there are people who are naturally gifted dancers, who work hard all their life and can become professional dancers-Eden does not fall into that category even tho she could dance well at 3 years old.. Apparently eden wood has dreams of becoming the next Taylor Swift. well what 11 year old girl doesnt? Its sad because her mother has done everything possible to turn her into a star but it isnt happening. The public is not taken by her. Producers and directors are not taken by her. She is not a great talent, just average. Her mom is trying all the auto-tune and throwing money at it and marketing and producing and pimping that can turn an ordinary person into a super star, but that isnt working either. For example had a book published and a doll made. Mickie just has done it all to create stardom and it isnt really working. We know who she is as fans of T&T but I would say 99% of the public has no clue who she is. She has been to a million auditions. She is basic and sucks and has no star quality.

• Love 1

It is not directed at Eden Wood. It is a commentary about her prospects of superstardom.  I would not go to her facebook page and direct insults at her. She is not getting any work in acting. She is not a household name and she is not a star and never will be. She was great at pageants and ages 3-4-5 but that doesn't roll over into super stardom as much as her mother has marketed her. And her mother HAS marketed her to the moon and back and it didn't work. I am sure she is a nice kid and I wish her the best in life. I am sorry her mother has made her think that she is going to be a big star. I feel really bad for her because she seems to have a great spirit.

• Love 2

I wonder if the mom who fell was rushing to answer the door, tripped over a suitcase or something, then smashed her head against a door frame. That was a very loud crash.

The top hat boys did not disappoint, although we did not have enough of them. We need more of them, as well as the loopy judge with no filter.

I hate the new "facials" that seem to be in vogue.

23 hours ago, Honey said:

There are numerous sites that disagree, and say that it is dangerous and can cause life long pain.

I should, but I don't feel like linking to them all here.

Really? Damn.

19 hours ago, operalover said:

Just her whole "you will be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader some day" and "our dream" and the crying over Mickey Wood. The the bribing with the $10 and this is your big moment- just a very very low IQ.   It is just not normal for a grown woman to be crying over Mickey Wood and hoping her daughter is a Dallas Cowboy CL some day.  I would guess she has an IQ of 75. Just not a brain cell in her brain- even more stupid than the usual pageant mom.   I also think she had a seizure the way the other lady described it.  She said the tongue was out and she was shaking, sounds like a grand mal seizure. 

It did sound like a seizure, the way it was being described.

On 11/4/2016 at 10:25 AM, Daisy head said:

Princess M's mom looked like she could have been Grandma.  I wonder what the story is? She seemed to have some serious smoker's voice going on, so maybe she just looks a LOT older than she is.  I thought Princess was not-so-hot, personally.

I thought she needed a flipper, which I know is just giving into the plastic doll image that these weird pageants are encouraging. But her teeth are growing in, which is normal for a child her age, and they are pretty large. If you're going to have your kid do the full glitz pageant thing, and you say she won the year prior, why would you not follow through and get her the flipper?  Similarly, it's weird that someone who won the pageant last year would hire a novice coach and an inexperienced hairdresser (particularly the hairdresser). It seemed like M's mom didn't know what she was doing.  

On 11/4/2016 at 9:25 AM, Daisy head said:

Princess M's mom looked like she could have been Grandma.  I wonder what the story is? She seemed to have some serious smoker's voice going on, so maybe she just looks a LOT older than she is. 

??? 

Well, seeing as women can bear children from their teens through their 40s and even beyond, it's entirely possible that she delivered her daughter at a so-called "grandma age."  My sister became a mother for the first time at 41. That same year, my 41-year-old sister-in-law became a grandmother. No big mystery.

• Love 2

So, I may have missed some backstory here but watching Princess M for the first time last night, a few questions and thoughts ... 

Is there a King M to go with Queen M as parents to the Princess? Was that ever even mentioned?

This is one of the first times that I can recall that they removed whatever they call it ... the fourth wall? ... and addressed the actual filming/taping/interviewing of the contestant ... what I couldn't tell for sure and wonder if anyone knows, was the whole interview of Princess M (from the one where she was a total beeyotch and demanded money from (Grand)Mom to even deign to be filmed to the later part where, from what I could gather, the person who knocked on the door (when (Grand)Mom either a) got hit in the head by something falling off the door inside the hotel room or b) tripped over some of the crap all over the room or c) had a seizure or stroke or d) just collapsed from old age) was carrying a large camera and so I am assuming she was part of that same film crew ... or possibly the whole thing was part of the T&T film crew and they became -- or made themselves -- part of their own story.

Clear as mud?

I also think Princess M is Princess Meh (which is kinda perfect given her name however you spell it) ... I found no sparkle and nothing special about her at all and I kept thinking she had that hideous pink lipstick smeared on her teeth.  And yes, ironic that this is one girl who could really benefit from flippers but apparently they think she's so perfect she doesn't need them. Oh, and HUGGING A JUDGE? Is that even allowed?

Also, fish girl? Blech. Not even remotely cute or memorable (right on, Eden -- who is nowhere near as detestable at age 11 as I found her when she was competing). 

I also was waiting for Cambrie to insist that each of her girls BUY a case of whatever that crap was she was selling (and I think the moms were waiting for that too and I'm not convinced it didn't happen off camera). 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Portia said:

??? 

Well, seeing as women can bear children from their teens through their 40s and even beyond, it's entirely possible that she delivered her daughter at a so-called "grandma age."  My sister became a mother for the first time at 41. That same year, my 41-year-old sister-in-law became a grandmother. No big mystery.

This woman looked like she was over 60 to me I'm sorry. (not that there is anything wrong with being that age) Unless there was some kind of serious medical miracle I thought she must have been the grandma and there was some other extenuating circumstances.

• Love 6

I thought it was some fun editing when that brunette mom with the rainbow socks was doing a talking head on her couch sipping a drink and she referred to her daughter as "8--I mean 7" years old. Hmmm. I can see making the mistake the other way around if she just had a birthday, but that seemed a little fishy. Maybe SHE needs to show the kid's birth certificate at the next pageant.

I can't be arsed to rewatch the episode; I am not sure whose mom she is, but it was pretty funny.

• Love 1
On November 7, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Portia said:

??? 

Whoa, my mother also had children in her 40's - I know it's possible. I thought she looked significantly older than that.  No idea why that should stump you.

10 hours ago, preciousperfect said:

This woman looked like she was over 60 to me I'm sorry. (not that there is anything wrong with being that age) Unless there was some kind of serious medical miracle I thought she must have been the grandma and there was some other extenuating circumstances.

Exactly

• Love 5

The original post didn't say she looked over 60, which yes, would be unlikely barring adoption. It just said she looked like she could be grandma. Still, I'm sure I overreacted at least a bit.   :-)

Edited by Portia
  • Love 1

Eden Wood always seemed to me to be a nice, very ordinary little girl. And I watched the first episode of her Logo series (yes, that was me, I was the one), which did nothing to make me think anything else: an unremarkable child whose full time job was pleasing her mother. I hope she can keep it together as she heads into her teen years... I have a feeling she might be in for some serious Mean Girls treatment from her peers and I wouldn't wish that on her. Or anyone.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Daisy head said:

Whoa, my mother also had children in her 40's - I know it's possible. I thought she looked significantly older than that.  No idea why that should stump you.

Exactly

My completely uneducated guess is that she's late 40s/early 50s but has that quintessential "rode hard and put away wet" look that a certain kind of ... um ... don't wanna use a derogatory term here but it rhymes with "flight crash" can have.

• Love 1