Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Heres the thing....Shannon is pretty much the only one who can be entertaining without getting into fights or hanging with the other women.  Her youngest daughter Stella especially is entertaining..and Shannon's scenes with her xhildren and husband minus the other women seem to get just as much reaction and discussion as the staged fights.

In a weird way, Shannon's home life and her talking heads are the gift that keep on giving.  Also, when i was a pre teen..i did ask my parents embarrassing sex questions...and both tried to answer me as best as they could.. red faced and all....so that scene rang true to me.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, steelcitysister said:

Almost but not 100% effective (says my crack Web research).

Jim aiming his wink away from Megan: 100% effective.

This logic doesn't make any sense to me because he 100% gave his consent to use his sperm.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Not weird at all. Congrats on your family!

It was truly meant to be.  In fact the funny thing is she looks so much like my mom and myself that people are always so shocked to find out she isn't blood related!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Not weird at all. Congrats on your family!

It was truly meant to be.  In fact the funny thing is she looks so much like my mom and myself that people are always so shocked to find out she isn't blood related!

31 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

This logic doesn't make any sense to me because he 100% gave his consent to use his sperm.

Well, let's see. As I said 1 page back and 9 hours ago (at the time of this reply):

-- Jim's lack of interest -- even disdain -- in her is so strong on camera (can't imagine what it is like in person) that I've wondered if they share anything more intimate than camera time. In other words, nothing happening in that marital bed.

Yes, he consented to her using his sperm to begat wee Jims. But based on what we've seen on camera it is my perception that he would rather not engage in a game of slap and tickle with Megan  to procreate.

6 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Well, let's see. As I said 1 page back and 9 hours ago (at the time of this reply):

Yes, he consented to her using his sperm to begat wee Jims. But based on what we've seen on camera it is my perception that he would rather not engage in a game of slap and tickle with Megan  to procreate.

Then why would he be married to Meghan? He has four children already and he isn't with her for her for money so I don't understand the logic of being tied to her and for an additional 18 years of child support if he wasn't getting something out of the marriage. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Then why would he be married to Meghan? He has four children already and he isn't with her for her for his money so I don't understand the logic of being tied to her and for an additional 18 years of child support if he wasn't getting something out of the marriage. 

No idea. I never try to figure out why these peeps do what they do --I merely watch and am amused.

• Love 1

I like Meghan -- and I don't think her marriage is a traditional one. Meghan and Jimmy seem to have more of an arrangement. She enjoys a certain lifestyle, and he has a certain type of woman on his arm for industry events. I think they're probably friends who were drawn to the practical aspects of being "husband and wife," for financial reasons and, unfortunately, for "professional" reasons (the baseball establishment is still pretty old fashioned...). As far as the baby goes -- I think Jimmy is fine with it, because Meghan does want a kid, and they will probably be married for a long time, because they both went into it with their eyes wide open. That's just the sense I get.....

Edited by Lady Grump
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Then why would he be married to Meghan? He has four children already and he isn't with her for her for money so I don't understand the logic of being tied to her and for an additional 18 years of child support if he wasn't getting something out of the marriage. 

He gets a beard?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

He gets a beard?

Beards, not that I would presume to assume anything about Jim's sexual idenity, come a hell of a lot cheaper than 18 years of child support. 

• Love 3

I dislike All Things Kelly Dodd, but her comment (made more than once) at the 70s party--where HE was her host--that David Bedore looked like a child molester was particularly despicable.  How long will Bravo insult us with this no-talent harridan?

Edited by Former Nun
typo
  • Like 1
  • Love 16
On 7/29/2016 at 0:41 PM, LovesTheDrama said:

On 7/29/2016 at 9:17 AM, Happy Camper said:

But, regarding "infertility", it's kind of the case, no ?

Not her, but Jimmy ! There's only a small amount of 7 years old frozen sperm, so, in my opinion, it's not "wrong" to call it that way, because Jimmy is NOT fertile anymore, due to his vasectomy.

I just don't see it the same, because these are choices he made. He decided to get a vasectomy, because he was ostensibly done having kids. Why he then froze the sperm, I don't know. In case he one day met the true love of his life and just couldn't WAIT to have another child? Bahahaha

But anyway, yes - they do have some hurdles because he got snipped. But I don't see that as being the same as a man who can't help but have low sperm count, motility, etc. Or a woman who can't sustain a pregnancy or can't even get pregnant. 

These two are very lucky that he not only saved his seemingly healthy sperm, but that they had the money and ability to go right to IVF and it worked for them the first time. My first child took 1.5 years of active trying and we were diagnosed "unknown infertility". Thankfully we finally conceived and never had to go the route of IUI or IVF, because we would not have been able to afford it. But I belonged to a message board for fertility issues at the time, and wow...the stories would break your heart. I knew a woman who had 6 miscarriages in a row before conceiving her son. People who broke the bank trying to get pregnant. So I just don't think it's fair to compare what Jimmy and Megan did get their baby to the real infertility issues that couples face every day. 

P.S. Sorry for the quote boxes above. Can't get rid of them!!!

12 hours ago, sasha206 said:

That's so cute! I know a friend back west who adopted and her daughter truly does look so much like her. Their mannerisms are identical. It's funny how that happens. 

12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

This is what I'm still trying to figure out. It's quite obvious, to me, that Jimmy has little interest in his wife or the concept of creating a life with her. I really would like to know what he gets out of this marriage. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

This is what I'm still trying to figure out. It's quite obvious, to me, that Jimmy has little interest in his wife or the concept of creating a life with her. I really would like to know what he gets out of this marriage. 

Inspector gadget?

On 7/30/2016 at 11:07 PM, straightshooter said:

Just when I thought Kelly couldn't possibly be more of an idiot... I read this clip from her blog.  Does she really think anyone's buying what she's spinning?

"To cap off a tumultuous evening, David lost any sense of decorum and turned into a little bitch by attacking Vicki. Vicki's my girlfriend and I couldn't just stand by and watch her be attacked by a bully. To Vicki's credit she stood up to him and represented all women oppressed by men. So proud of her."

They really didn't do Vicki any favors by bringing in this bimbo.

Oh Kelly...

Yes, all women are such delicate little flowers, that they can't handle a =gasp!- man daring to respond to their attempts to bait him. Newsflash- it's 2016 and we have a woman as the democratic nominee for president. Quit setting women back as some weaklings that can't handle their own when talking to a man! 

And what a little bitch, that man (David) is for daring to attack a delicate flower like Vicki*. Calling men "little bitches" in the same paragraph as using the plights of oppressed women is too stupid to even respond to!

This blog coming from a woman who emails her ex-fiance's ex (sometimes disguised as the fiance) telling her that she's saggy, she's an old hag, etc.

Also, Kelly- what about your own damn husband? He was yelling and flashing the loser hand signal towards women, but I guess that's okay because... Kelly logic.

Kelly is ridiculously stupid and hypocritical, even in terms of this show. She's a Brandi.

At least Shannon probably knows the 50 United States. Oh that doesn't matter. It only matters if you look young and hot. Morals, decorum, and education are for losers.

Go drink some more Kelly. And Vicki only puts up with you because no one else will talk to her. The OG of the OC has fallen big time. She would ignore you if this were two seasons ago.

In short- you're awful. If that makes me a hater, than I'm happy to be one!

*Much better to talk about beating women like Brooks chose to do.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 11
On July 31, 2016 at 10:08 PM, steelcitysister said:

The whole thing is stupid.  20 something woman meets 40 something man with a couple of wives behind him, and at least one child nearing young adulthood.  Man has vasectomy because he doesn't want more kids.    Man appears to be a self centered dick who isn't even in the same state woman lives in half the time.  Woman ignores all these red flags, marries man, then decides to have the kid man seems completely uninterested in.  All this instead of marrying a man who is interested in children.  

end result, man calls divorce attorney, pays child support, and is an uninterested father.  Woman bores us  with a few more seasons.  Kid grows up bitter due to uninterested father . 

Oh and I find it extremely creepy how she insinuated herself in a dying woman's life.  Sure she needed to be civil, but this heifer had Le Anne's personal medical information. I don't care how civil you are with a partners ex, this is odd indeed.  Her whole story line is about her being foolish enough to demand a baby from a man who does not appear to want one, and how she latched onto his ex wife's tragedy.    I'm over Meghan and Her stupidity.    I'm sick of seeing needles and her midsection.

• Love 5

I need these harpies to move along with the Brook's situation....it's ruining my enjoyment of the show.

Meghan, you were no one's friend last season.  Please take your ovaries and hit the road.

Heather, STFU about Terry's work hours while you shop your way through the show.

That party was lame.  Shannon is getting on my nerves.

Vicki looked great in her party dress.

I don't find Kelly any crazier than anyone else.

Tamra.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 3

Of course Vicki calls Brooks as soon as she leaves. 

I skipped ahead (8 pages) so I am not sure if this was already mentioned or now... but that phonecall to Brooks' voice mail was fake.

if you have ever had someone block your phone number (I have) the recorded message you get is exactly what was heard, the person at that number is not available.  Then there is no beep, no opportunity to leave a message, nothing.  Vicki was faking her message, she was speaking into dead air.  She is a phony through and through. 

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

I skipped ahead (8 pages) so I am not sure if this was already mentioned or now... but that phonecall to Brooks' voice mail was fake.

if you have ever had someone block your phone number (I have) the recorded message you get is exactly what was heard, the person at that number is not available.  Then there is no beep, no opportunity to leave a message, nothing.  Vicki was faking her message, she was speaking into dead air.  She is a phony through and through. 

I'm not so sure it was fake. Both Vicki and Brooks have said, twitter/interviews, that they still talk to each other, that they have some sort of "business" together.

Finally had a chance to watch. Sooooooooo, there are no heros at the 70s party.  Kelly is annoying and shady and I wouldn't want anything to do with her, BUT Shannon was totally trying to set her up. I don't think she meant for a fight to start, however I think she invited those two women specifically because they knew something about Kelly's past. I'm guessing she meant for them to spill some sort of dirt and embarrass Kelly and convince the other women that Kelly is horrible and should be the villain this season. 

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:05 AM, FamilyVan said:

You skipped ahead? Naughty, naughty! ;-)

I wondered if Vicki's phone call had been forward directly to vox mail or was being blocked and getting a boilerplate system message, but I believe it.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 8:05 PM, WireWrap said:

I'm not so sure it was fake. Both Vicki and Brooks have said, twitter/interviews, that they still talk to each other, that they have some sort of "business" together.

I remember hearing that as well.

I’ve been watching the Olympics and many of the USA swimmers are “cupping”. They showed the team therapist and Michael Phelps poolside. The therapist took what looked like a manual balloon pump. He put plastic cups on Michael’s back and used the pump to suck out the air. There was no reaction from Michael, but I kept hearing Shannon’s voice….ow, ow, ow, ow, ow,ow

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I'm not a doctor but I don't see how cupping would help, except as a placebo.

I'm a med school dropout and the "science" of cupping makes no sense to me. Maybe they covered it in the two years I never completed.

• Love 2
On 8/12/2016 at 2:44 PM, HunterHunted said:

I'm a med school dropout and the "science" of cupping makes no sense to me. Maybe they covered it in the two years I never completed.

Lol!  I don't think you missed it.  It's more holistic than scientific.  The suction is supposed to create a release.  Think of it like a diy body vacuum.  

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 7:50 AM, Beden said:

I was seriously amused--not by her drunk dialing Brooks--but by the fact that he was probably screening his calls and let her go to voicemail.

I cracked up because she left him a voice mail saying , "everyone's pissed at me and it's your fault!  you're a jerk!  CALL ME BACK!"

yeah, I don't think he's calling you back, sweetie...

On 7/26/2016 at 2:38 AM, Granimal said:

Kelly is an absolut monster. She came into the party greeting the hostess with, "Your husband looks like a pedophile."

Then there was, "No wonder your husband cheated on you." Disgusting and stupid low blow. Along with some creative gems such as "You're ugly."

I don't care if Kelly was set up by production, or Shannon, or both. She has continuously made her mean-girl dumb "jokes" towards Shannon. Kelly outed herself about the affair anyways- fiance then going back to the husband. She doesn't respect anyone else including her own family (esp. husband), so I can't care too much that someone disrespected her.

Kelly and the hubs were obviously getting off on the fighting. I take back every nice thing I previously said about Kelly's' husband. He's a slimeballl like her.

Kelly can't conceive of a world where women don't use costume parties as an excuse to look sexy. She's stuck in high school. Thus why Mrs. Roper was such a hilarious insult. (In her own mind.) almost as funny as saying someone looks like a pedophile.

Interesting that Kelly called Shannon's school out for being for "spoiled children" while in this episode she revealed her 9 y/o has an iPad blah blah blah, and an Apple watch. But I'm sure the Catholic school is really helping with keeping daughter grounded.

Apropos of nothing, Kelly and Shannon are total opposites.

Good for Megan for not automatically backing Kelly in the fight.

Kelly is giving a horrible first impression to me. She comes across as one of the meanest Housewives in the franchise, going after marriages, looks, etc. Shannon is a beautiful lady and seems like a sweet person. She didn't deserve Kelly's cruelty. 

• Applause 1