Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Is Megan stupid or being melodramatic when she claims her ovaries are plumping up like a raisin in a glass of water? I am pretty sure she was wrong when she claimed last week that she's producing eggs for her husband's frozen sperm.

I don't really think she is. Injectible fertility drugs can be pretty hardcore and can overstimulate the ovaries (OHSS).

• Love 8

Meghan is being pumped with hormones so she feels weird. My friends have done IVF and the shots alone really change your body. Her hubby is being his typical dick self. No surprise there. Meghan wants her kid to have a baseball fame dad, and she is really putting up with a lot to have that. A LOT. Jimmy is lucky there are young women who are groupies. Meghan seems pretty desperate. He wouldn't even hug her-- dick. 

Kelly Dodd doesn't seem like someone with the best reputation. But Shannon set that up since it appears she is super jealous of Vicki and Kelly's friendship. But Kelly was really drunk and lost her mind. It was pretty expected. 

• Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Meghan is being pumped with hormones so she feels weird. My friends have done IVF and the shots alone really change your body. Her hubby is being his typical dick self. No surprise there. Meghan wants her kid to have a baseball fame dad, and she is really putting up with a lot to have that. A LOT. Jimmy is lucky there are young women who are groupies. Meghan seems pretty desperate. He wouldn't even hug her-- dick. 

Kelly Dodd doesn't seem like someone with the best reputation. But Shannon set that up since it appears she is super jealous of Vicki and Kelly's friendship. But Kelly was really drunk and lost her mind. It was pretty expected. 

I don't think Shannon is one bit jealous of K and Vs friendship. I see someone disgusted with V who is now just a coworker.   I also don't think Shannon set that up. I think producers if anyone set that up. I don't see her being that trivial.  Besides K and V need no help looking like total assholes.  

I just relistened to Vs call to Brooks. I didn't hear loved I heard love. But who knows. 

Edited by Natalie68
Added a thought
  • Love 19

Ok, first, that preview with Brianna saying she gets $50,000 to remodel the house her mom bought her.  Where's the $50,000 coming from?  Maybe she should or could put that towards her medical bills or college for her kids?  Or perhaps buy a vehicle that her mom didn't buy?  How dumb.  I get that Vicki wants her dependent on her, but why does Vicki work so much to insure that Brianna doesn't have too?

I think Heather's argument about Terry never being home is real, he only seems to be around when the cameras are on right?  He finished his surgery early and was eagerly looking at the cameras in his house.  I'm guessing the surgery wasn't filmed.  In the greatest hits before the season started it was admitted that Terry signed Heather up for the show because he wanted to be on tv so badly.  He's like the smart nerdy kid who was desperate to be popular and show up everyone who made fun of him.

I get it, they needed someone to be Vicki's friend and no one else would step up so they brought in Kelly.  Whatever, she's nuts and has a really strange home life.  The thing I don't get is that Kelly admitted she was engaged to someone else while married to her husband and decided to end the engagement because she couldn't leave her husband---isn't that cheating?  I know that Shannon wasn't referring to the fiancé, but it's pretty clear she's cheated before because she said she did.

Meghan needs a kid, she's all alone, her husband is always gone.  And I'm sure she can get more money out of him in the divorce with a kid.  He apparently has no self awareness at all.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Oh man, Shannon's daughters asking David about his wet dreams was ick.  If it wasn't scripted, it shoulda been edited out.  It wasn't cute or funny, just cringe-worthy & icky.

I thought it was cringe worthy and also realistic.  We have tried to be very honest with our son about sexuality and have always answered his questions in a straight forward manner.  Sometimes he is so open in response I am stunned and try to just accept it as a weird side effect we hadn't anticipated. 

One of the first episodes of Blackish had the same issue done with Dre and his oldest son, where the son reveals he is turned on by Helen Mirren.

I try to answer even embarrassing questions from my 14 year old because I really want the lines of communication to stay open. There are also times when I say that the response is generally considered something private.

I think one of the most charming things about Shannon, is that is puts it all out there and I feel like I'm seeing a real person, not a persona created for the cameras.

Finally, "Trumpian childish insults" is a fantastic contribution to the lexicon.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Kelly being on the show makes sense because they had to find someone to be Vicki's friend. A decent, warm and honest person need not apply.

So, it is obvious Kelly the drunken P.O.S. mess was a perfect choice. Stellar personality traits like being vile, rude, delusional closed the deal!   Oh and add in the creepy husband.   He skeeves me.   

As far as I am concerned Shannon and Meghan are the only ones with integrity.  Heather folded last night and she chose Bravo $ and kind of forgave Vicki. I would never want to see Vicki again after what she did. She crossed a line.  You do not do a cancer scam and expect to be forgiven. 

Vicki belongs at the bottom of a landfill.

You are a mind reader.    

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Idk, watching Kelly, drunk off her ass & calling Shannon ugly, made me question why I'm even watching this show anymore.  I'm sadly realizing there is just nothing much interesting or fun or funny to watch now & I'm nearly ready to stop.  I'd rather not watch these kinda lowball Trumpian childish insults being hurled around.  And watching middle-aged drunks?  I'll pass.

So why the hell was Vicks calling Crooks?  Was it her way of saying to us -- Hey, idiot viewers, of course I outright lied about this sleazebag character having cancer last season, and I'm still with him?  Ugh, you are vile, Vicks.

I do feel sympathy for Briana.  Just not interested in watching her.  It's a downer.  And still not getting why Vicks doesn't hire some child care help.  She really must be hard up for dough.

Believe it or not, I am still interested in Shannon.  But producers are doing her no favors.  They need to write better storylines for her.  And they desperately need to make some major cast changes, because this show is sinking fast.  Oh man, Shannon's daughters asking David about his wet dreams was ick.  If it wasn't scripted, it shoulda been edited out.  It wasn't cute or funny, just cringe-worthy & icky.

Just for you Satan Andy with the Beador Family: 

Shannon and David's girls all look so different.  They seem like they are having fun.  Parents everywhere will remember to speak privately with their children after the first sex education speech. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Idk, watching Kelly, drunk off her ass & calling Shannon ugly, made me question why I'm even watching this show anymore.  I'm sadly realizing there is just nothing much interesting or fun or funny to watch now & I'm nearly ready to stop.  I'd rather not watch these kinda lowball Trumpian childish insults being hurled around.  And watching middle-aged drunks?  I'll pass.

So why the hell was Vicks calling Crooks?  Was it her way of saying to us -- Hey, idiot viewers, of course I outright lied about this sleazebag character having cancer last season, and I'm still with him?  Ugh, you are vile, Vicks.

I do feel sympathy for Briana.  Just not interested in watching her.  It's a downer.  And still not getting why Vicks doesn't hire some child care help.  She really must be hard up for dough.

Believe it or not, I am still interested in Shannon.  But producers are doing her no favors.  They need to write better storylines for her.  And they desperately need to make some major cast changes, because this show is sinking fast.  Oh man, Shannon's daughters asking David about his wet dreams was ick.  If it wasn't scripted, it shoulda been edited out.  It wasn't cute or funny, just cringe-worthy & icky.

I'm right there with ya, Scoobs.  I'm in the same place with regard to NY, too.   Watching an hour of forced interaction between cast members and asshole narcissists has resulted in the death of my fandom.   It's more insulting every season.  

• Love 6

The 70's...oh, some of the best times of my life. I loved everything about Shannon's party but am I the only one who thinks they needed a bigger crowd? It seemed like a huge place for all of about 20 people.  I may have spent too much time drinking beer and disco dancing in crowded fraternity basements, but damn, it was fun!

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, straightshooter said:

I'm right there with ya, Scoobs.  I'm in the same place with regard to NY, too.   Watching an hour of forced interaction between cast members and asshole narcissists has iresulted in the death of my fandom.   It's more insulting every season.  

Well, NYC, has other probs (mostly spelled B-E-T-H-E-N-N-Y & C-A-R-O-L-E).  But this show?  Except for Shannon, everyone else has run dry on anything even remotely interesting.  Terry's & Heather's shtick is repetitive & a snooze.  The rest of 'em?  Who cares?

So why is Vicks now so palsy walsy with a vulgar trashbag idiot like Kelly?  Is it because she's the only one who will hang with her, or speak to her, or who doesn't gag in Vicks' presence?  Or is it because they actually are very much alike?  Hmmmm.

• Love 6

Keeping Icky on the show is the main problem. She, nor her family, contribute anything at all worth watching. What a slew of wasted $$$. No one would miss them at this point. All the hag has now is her past bulls&@$ with Crookes. So she will keep dragging him up. It is that or her sick subsidized daughter. 

• Love 4

Didn't Kelly say in an earlier episode that she, herself, was bullied?  And that was one of the reasons she was standing up for Vicki?  I'm guessing she learned a lot from the ones who bullied her....

You are probably right. I kept thinking it was like Liz Lemon on 30 Rock, where she believed she was being bullied, but it was her that was actually the bully.

• Love 4

Maybe it's just because I have a toddler, so that's the baseline for my sense of humor now, but I thought Kelly's "Who?  Who?  Who?", followed by Tamra's observation that she was starting to sound like an owl, was the funniest moment of the night. 

Also, yes, Jim is a bag of dicks posing as a human, but I didn't feel too bad for Megan during that car conversation.  From what I could tell she was asking him if he wanted to Facetime during one of her shots.  Why does he need to be "there" for that?  

Perhaps Vicki was actually worried that someone would write their dissertation *about* her?  I could see her case study being gold for some industrious ab psych grad student.

The rest of the episode: meh.  Producer interference, blah blah blah. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Well, NYC, has other probs (mostly spelled B-E-T-H-E-N-N-Y & C-A-R-O-L-E).  But this show?  Except for Shannon, everyone else has run dry on anything even remotely interesting.  Terry's & Heather's shtick is repetitive & a snooze.  The rest of 'em?  Who cares?

So why is Vicks now so palsy walsy with a vulgar trashbag idiot like Kelly?  Is it because she's the only one who will hang with her, or speak to her, or who doesn't gag in Vicks' presence?  Or is it because they actually are very much alike?  Hmmmm.

I agree.  Even with the added props of Kelly and Briana to try to keep Vicki afloat, no thanks - I've had enough and it's sad to see it get worse. 

Story lines aside, though, I feel like all I see now are robots and nothing is allowed to happen organically anymore, thanks to the forced BS.  We don't truly get to know these women because they aren't even allowed to deal with one another in an authentic way, thanks to the efforts by Bravo to produce and preserve future drama.   The dynamic is false from the get-go and affects every single show.

I miss "the olden days", when there was a little bit of reality on my "reality shows"!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Ok, first, that preview with Brianna saying she gets $50,000 to remodel the house her mom bought her.  Where's the $50,000 coming from?  Maybe she should or could put that towards her medical bills or college for her kids?  Or perhaps buy a vehicle that her mom didn't buy?  How dumb.  I get that Vicki wants her dependent on her, but why does Vicki work so much to insure that Brianna doesn't have too?

I think Heather's argument about Terry never being home is real, he only seems to be around when the cameras are on right?  He finished his surgery early and was eagerly looking at the cameras in his house.  I'm guessing the surgery wasn't filmed.  In the greatest hits before the season started it was admitted that Terry signed Heather up for the show because he wanted to be on tv so badly.  He's like the smart nerdy kid who was desperate to be popular and show up everyone who made fun of him.

I get it, they needed someone to be Vicki's friend and no one else would step up so they brought in Kelly.  Whatever, she's nuts and has a really strange home life.  The thing I don't get is that Kelly admitted she was engaged to someone else while married to her husband and decided to end the engagement because she couldn't leave her husband---isn't that cheating?  I know that Shannon wasn't referring to the fiancé, but it's pretty clear she's cheated before because she said she did.

Meghan needs a kid, she's all alone, her husband is always gone.  And I'm sure she can get more money out of him in the divorce with a kid.  He apparently has no self awareness at all.

I don't think Brianna said she 'gets' fifty thousand to renovate her new home in OC in the sense Vicks is giving it to her.  Her mom did buy the house but just like Vicks always has done, Brianna and Ryan have to pay her back when they sell the home in OK.  According to Brianna, IIRC, Vicks didn't buy the car.  Like the Mercedes that Vicks 'gave' to her, it was a lease and Brianna had to make the payments.  The Tahoe is probably the same.  Vicks loves to brag about what she 'gives' but the truth is much different. 

Brianna has worked.  Worked at two jobs at the same time.  She hasn't worked recently because of her medical issues.

Brianna's husband is in the military.  They have pretty good insurance and I doubt she has much medical debt.  As for their children's college, we have no idea of what they have planned or put away.  I'm not going to judge them on this.  It's their business and we have no idea of what their new home looks like or what renovations it may, or not, needed. 

Did Vicks want Brianna to come back to OC sooner than Brianna and Ryan planned?  Yep.  Vicks had no one after last season and Brianna probably gets a nice paycheck for the appearing on the show which probably came in handy since she does seem unable to work right now given her medical issues.  Did Brianna want to be closer to doctors whose care she trusted?  Probably true as well.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Higgins said:

Maybe it's just me but the title "Botched by Nature" rubs me the wrong way.

But he's doing IMPORTANT WORK!!!

Oh my god I almost puked when he said that.  The title bugs me too, it's a weird way to put it, even if it's a take on the original Botched show.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm behind the curve here because I just watched this episode tonight. I'm still open-mouthed from watching Shannon's 3 girls asking David how many times he's had a wet dream.

d21dcf13781b8e345a8e603609ab62da.jpg

I know one thing,  I wouldn't want Kelly as a friend but I'd like her even less as an enemy. That woman is pure ghetto when she's pissed drunk.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Kelly is really fixated on the OC blonde thing isn't she?  It makes her seem like she is jealous of the blondes.

I could appreciate her disdain for adhering to cookie cutter beauty standards, if it weren't for her giant implants, herniated lips, and nose pared down to one size above Michael Jackson.

• Love 19

I enjoyed seeing Brianna's boys being sweet.  It's nice not reading comments about how ugly and bratty they are.

Kelly was driving me crazy with her goading of Shannon.  Why do people equate being cheated on to being a cheater?  It's very Trump-like.  One's the victim and one's the perpetrator, dumbass.

17 hours ago, Higgins said:

Maybe it's just me but the title "Botched by Nature" rubs me the wrong way.

It's better than "Born Botched", but just barely.

17 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Not defending Vicky and what she did but I'll give her a pass on the phone call. Haven't a lot of us drunk dialed a old boyfriend or ex? I have....no shame. I don't drink anymore (maybe a glass of wine once or twice a year---still love it just can't handle it anymore) but when I did I drunk dialed. Usually at 2 am! And my ex treated me like crap after we broke up (long story) and all I heard was what a piece of shit he was from everybody. It's been 3 years and I still love him. The heart wants what the heart wants.

I totally saw it as drunk dialing.  While sober, Vicky knows not to call.  When her inhibitions are lowered, she jumps at the opportunity to call him.

15 hours ago, doublek61 said:

2)  "Who?"  "Who?"  "Who?" - Smelly Kelly (sorry, couldn't resist) sounded like a mentally challenged owl.  Question was asked and answered.  If you don't like the answer, debate the answer, don't keep asking "Who?"

Please ......... don't.  Why do the crazy ones always have my name?

• Love 5
10 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I don't think Shannon is jealous of their relationship, but I do think she is getting impatient with Kelly trying to force her to make up with Vicki.

7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

A little of both?

• Love 7

I'm willing to bet that the entire party scene was scripted. All of about 20 people were there, and the acting was the worst. None of this was genuine at all. I bet they rehearsed and did umpteen retakes to get what ended up being something that should definitely been left on the cutting room floor.  So much for "reality" shows.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Drinking buddy. Woo-hoo!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Brianna's husband is in the military.  They have pretty good insurance and I doubt she has much medical debt. 

Yes to this. FWIW, my dad was a retired army colonel, WW2 vet, decorated and all of that. In his decline he had medicare backed up by Tricare (the military ins). Between the two his medical bills--which were substantial--were close to nil. The nursing home, not so much as it wasn't covered but military insurance is fabulous, easy to deal with, knowledgeable people and all around really good.

And he earned every damn penny, as do the others accessing it.

Just saying.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I don't think Brianna said she 'gets' fifty thousand to renovate her new home in OC in the sense Vicks is giving it to her.  Her mom did buy the house but just like Vicks always has done, Brianna and Ryan have to pay her back when they sell the home in OK.  According to Brianna, IIRC, Vicks didn't buy the car.  Like the Mercedes that Vicks 'gave' to her, it was a lease and Brianna had to make the payments.  The Tahoe is probably the same.  Vicks loves to brag about what she 'gives' but the truth is much different. 

Brianna has worked.  Worked at two jobs at the same time.  She hasn't worked recently because of her medical issues.

Brianna's husband is in the military.  They have pretty good insurance and I doubt she has much medical debt.  As for their children's college, we have no idea of what they have planned or put away.  I'm not going to judge them on this.  It's their business and we have no idea of what their new home looks like or what renovations it may, or not, needed. 

Did Vicks want Brianna to come back to OC sooner than Brianna and Ryan planned?  Yep.  Vicks had no one after last season and Brianna probably gets a nice paycheck for the appearing on the show which probably came in handy since she does seem unable to work right now given her medical issues.  Did Brianna want to be closer to doctors whose care she trusted?  Probably true as well.

My guess is the $50k is part of the home loan.  I don't always believe Vicki and by default Briana with their money claims.  Briana had money from the show to make the payments on the Mercedes, she didn't work during her nursing education, lived away from home, someone was making those strokes for her.  My guess is the Tahoe was part of Briana's compensation last year.

Briana worked for less than year.  She had Troy, didn't return to work other than RHOC, had Owen and got sick when he was 18 months old.  So I do believe the largest part of Briana's "six figure income" came from Bravo-not nursing.  She is still not working.  If the Bravo money dried up would buying a home in the OC been a wise decision?  How soon can she and Ryan qualify for a loan to wrestle title away from Vicki?  I do think Briana is fairly practical when it comes to money but relying on Bravo money or her husband going to work for mom aren't the best plans I have heard.  Probably best to keep the house in Vicki's name just in case they don't land jobs immediately.

I question the wisdom in Vicki's plan of having Briana buy a house in OC because once Ryan s discharged (any day according to Vicki) he is unemployed and Briana has yet to secure a position.  If I were Briana, I would look outside ER's for a position with her delicate immune system.   Maybe she can go to work for Terry.

My guess is Vicki's deployment plan for Briana is only slightly better than the USMC.  Except for of course no one is the line of fire.

Vicki with the grandkids is not a lead RH storyline.  Although the kids are much better behaved than say the Giudice kids.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

But why would Shannon be jealous of Vicki and Kelly's friendship?  She (Shannon) is the one who is turning away Vicki's advances at regaining their friendship.

10 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So why is Vicks now so palsy walsy with a vulgar trashbag idiot like Kelly?  Is it because she's the only one who will hang with her, or speak to her, or who doesn't gag in Vicks' presence?  Or is it because they actually are very much alike?  

Yes, yes, yes.  And yes. 

• Love 8

Briana worked for less than year.  She had Troy, didn't return to work other than RHOC, had Owen and got sick when he was 18 months old.  So I do believe the largest part of Briana's "six figure income" came from Bravo-not nursing.  She is still not working.  If the Bravo money dried up would buying a home in the OC been a wise decision?  How soon can she and Ryan qualify for a loan to wrestle title away from Vicki?  I do think Briana is fairly practical when it comes to money but relying on Bravo money or her husband going to work for mom aren't the best plans I have heard.  Probably best to keep the house in Vicki's name just in case they don't land jobs immediately.

Briana also attended nursing school and lived in a rented house that her parents paid for, in addition to her tuition. 

I'm thinking that she graduated nursing school and immediately landed a job as an RN in an ER, which, prior to the recession, was a really good gig. I'm sure she saved some money plus her money from the show, and used it as a down payment on the home in Oklahoma. 

I'm just wondering why Ryan is all of a sudden okay with moving to OC, after all his talk over dinner at Mickey Mantle's about "I'm not going to move to make one person (aka Vicki) happy."  On LinkedIn, it says that he's a retired marine who is now looking to make the transition to real estate. 

I totally agree that getting back to your team of doctors is important, and maybe Briana's health issues are larger than they portray on the show.  However, she did say last season that her mom would have to come to terms with the fact that she will "never live with her, ever again."  Oops?

• Love 3

Oh UGH on Shannons kids with the totally inappropriate questions. I believe in honest back and forth with kids about sex. But I don't think that was a question for a public place!! Much less it is NOT a appropriate question.....I just don't see what your sex life has to do with your kids. Whether you jerk off or have wet dreams or like kinky sex,that's all well and good, but you are under no obligation to tell your KIDS about what YOU do. That would have been a good time to have a conversation about appropriate questions and place.

• Love 6

Oh UGH on Shannons kids with the totally inappropriate questions. I believe in honest back and forth with kids about sex. But I don't think that was a question for a public place!! Much less it is NOT a appropriate question.....I just don't see what your sex life has to do with your kids. Whether you jerk off or have wet dreams or like kinky sex,that's all well and good, but you are under no obligation to tell your KIDS about what YOU do. That would have been a good time to have a conversation about appropriate questions and place.

Why does everybody keep saying Vicky needs to hire childcare? There not her kids. Brianna should pay for it, there her kids. She left her hubby and traveled across country by choice. I have no sympathy for her....Why is taking those kids away from there father a good idea? And then moving into Vickys THEN into her own house? Stability is important for little ones but,apparently,no one cares about that.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Beden said:

Yes to this. FWIW, my dad was a retired army colonel, WW2 vet, decorated and all of that. In his decline he had medicare backed up by Tricare (the military ins). Between the two his medical bills--which were substantial--were close to nil. The nursing home, not so much as it wasn't covered but military insurance is fabulous, easy to deal with, knowledgeable people and all around really good.

And he earned every damn penny, as do the others accessing it.

Just saying.

I have a friend whose husband is career army (25+ years) and she has said the benefits have steadily been decreasing over the years. I don't think they are what they were, iow.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Why does everybody keep saying Vicky needs to hire childcare? There not her kids. Brianna should pay for it, there her kids. She left her hubby and traveled across country by choice. I have no sympathy for her....Why is taking those kids away from there father a good idea? And then moving into Vickys THEN into her own house? Stability is important for little ones but,apparently,no one cares about that.

Totally agree about those questions and I'll add not just in a public place but on national TV!  I have a pretty open relationship with my kids about things but I would not have that conversation with them in those circumstances. To me it was obvious the kid was doing it for shock value and attention. Don't feed the troll.

As far as Vicki hiring a babysitter, sure....Brianna should do that. But I think Vicki convinced Brianna to come to California saying *she* would help her but she's really not helping her much. I do think it would be tough to have two active little boys and be in Brianna's condition. So if Vicki's not going to personally help (as she probably promised), the least she can do is find someone to help in her place. I am not a huge Brianna fan but man....I don't envy anyone being brought up by Vicki Gunvalson. I truly think she is a narcissist and any kind of material or money perks being her daughter don't make up for the psychological damage she's done to her daughter over the years.  For example, it's almost like Vicki can't help Brianna's thyroid scare being about how scared it made her and not what it was doing to her daughter. Or Brianna marrying Ryan and moving to Oklahoma was like a personal affront to Vicki. So I guess I feel like Vicki has a lot of making up to do when it comes to her daughter. (And I think she gets it way worse than Michael and I don't know if it is because she's a daughter or he just decided he was NOT going to fall in that trap and Brianna did.)

Plus Vicki is constantly bragging about how much money she has so just go ahead and pay for it, then.

• Love 2

Icky wrote in her blog* last week, if I'm corecctly reminding, that they share the drive from OK to OC, that Brianna was NOT allow to fly, and that she hired help... (I summarize, but you've got the meaning)

* I'm maybe mixing her blog with an article I read, but that's what she said

37 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Totally agree about those questions and I'll add not just in a public place but on national TV!  I have a pretty open relationship with my kids about things but I would not have that conversation with them in those circumstances. To me it was obvious the kid was doing it for shock value and attention. Don't feed the troll.

This all day long. Shannon thinks that the fact they her daughter is willing to ask such a question proves what a close family they are. No, Shannon, it proves what a shitty mom you are. They can be as open as they want about  sex - I'm all for it, but that was all about the reaction. All about being provocative on TV. I don't blame the kids. After all, they were brought on TV last year to hear their father's apology for cheating and leaving the family home, even though Shannon said he had already apologized to them off camera. They were asked/expected to relive the drama and hurt on camera, so it is clear that they think nothing is off limits. Shannon and David need to think more about their kids and decide if they like turning them into little famewhores who have no filter about what they are saying on TV. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, NYCFree said:

I thought it was cringe worthy and also realistic.  We have tried to be very honest with our son about sexuality and have always answered his questions in a straight forward manner.  Sometimes he is so open in response I am stunned and try to just accept it as a weird side effect we hadn't anticipated. 

One of the first episodes of Blackish had the same issue done with Dre and his oldest son, where the son reveals he is turned on by Helen Mirren.

I am turned on by Helen Mirren and I don't have a father to turn to for guidance.

My mom had a saying that put a lot of things into perspective for me..."It's only dirty, it you MAKE it dirty."

Now, nocturnal emissions are a part of life and with today's interwebz your kids COULD go online and get their information THAT way?

You can deal with it, talk around it, or smack your kids down for even entertaining the thought - No the conversation wasn't meant for public consumption - that should have been left out of the episode, but talking things over with your kids helps remove some of the 'angst' they may have about sex, reproduction and relationships.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

As far as Vicki hiring a babysitter, sure....Brianna should do that. But I think Vicki convinced Brianna to come to California saying *she* would help her but she's really not helping her much. I do think it would be tough to have two active little boys and be in Brianna's condition. So if Vicki's not going to personally help (as she probably promised), the least she can do is find someone to help in her place. I am not a huge Brianna fan but man....I don't envy anyone being brought up by Vicki Gunvalson. I truly think she is a narcissist and any kind of material or money perks being her daughter don't make up for the psychological damage she's done to her daughter over the years.  For example, it's almost like Vicki can't help Brianna's thyroid scare being about how scared it made her and not what it was doing to her daughter. Or Brianna marrying Ryan and moving to Oklahoma was like a personal affront to Vicki. So I guess I feel like Vicki has a lot of making up to do when it comes to her daughter. (And I think she gets it way worse than Michael and I don't know if it is because she's a daughter or he just decided he was NOT going to fall in that trap and Brianna did.)

Plus Vicki is constantly bragging about how much money she has so just go ahead and pay for it, then.

Vicki has worked all of her adult life, something Briana is very aware of.  I don't think Vicki ever claimed she would retire to watch Briana's children.  At some point Briana, who I find very needy.  She moves to OKC and decides to return to work, but wants her mother to fly out from OC to watch the kids?  When cameras were there, they weren't there to film Briana going off to work. 

Vicki has had a long history of having people live with her so when she decides to go home there are warm bodies.  She had Donn there forever after the divorce, then Briana and Ryan, then Brooks, now back to Briana.  The thing is Vicki goes a lot.  In the past thirty days or so, according to Vicki she has taken a trip to NYC, Palm Desert (great time it is 110 degrees there), then to Chicago, and then back NYC (to meet up with her good friends Jill Zarin and Ramona Singer) and Las Vegas. So Briana has the benefit of having a lovely home with a pool all to herself for significant periods of time and being there for Vicki. when the big bucket of need comes home.

I can't decide if Briana wants to be close to her mom to catch her in between trips or if she truly feels she would receive some respite from her harried life.  It just seems to me, other than the Bravo paycheck, she is counting on someone being there for her who is traditionally rarely available.

1 hour ago, misschung said:

Briana also attended nursing school and lived in a rented house that her parents paid for, in addition to her tuition. 

I'm thinking that she graduated nursing school and immediately landed a job as an RN in an ER, which, prior to the recession, was a really good gig. I'm sure she saved some money plus her money from the show, and used it as a down payment on the home in Oklahoma. 

Health care jobs, especially RN/LVN/NA are pretty much recession proof. When I left work, there were always nursing positions available. Matter of fact, there is a nursing shortage in America.. An good ER nurse can practically write their own ticket. 

I think Nurse Ratched is lying about coming back to OC to see 'her' doctors.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I could appreciate her disdain for adhering to cookie cutter beauty standards, if it weren't for her giant implants, herniated lips, and nose pared down to one size above Michael Jackson.

Also the blonde in her hair she hasn't got around to dying or cutting.

Vicki looked uncomfortable in the limo after the party.  For all she's a narcissistic energy drain, I don't think she revels in hurting people.  Kelly and the Lizard do.  She's in over her head with these anti social critters. 

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, it was to get Briana with her old Dr.'s back in the OC.

That's a good explanation, but the more we see of Brianna, the more I wonder about her real medical condition.  Did you see that bag she was breathing into with the EMS? That's for hyperventilation, not low oxygen. In fact with hyperventilation, you have too much oxygen. So, I don't trust her contentions. Her symptoms were closer to panic attack than low oxygen.   Then she's proudly pointing out all her needle marks. (Just from blood tests.)  And wearing her hospital ID band the next day. She was released, no oxygen problems. Please.  I fear we are getting another questionable medical situation PART II.  Please! Enough already. Is this for real or just her cover, I mean storyline this season.

• Love 7
Just now, Mu Shu said:

Also the blonde in her hair she hasn't got around to dying or cutting.

Vicki looked uncomfortable in the limo after the party.  For all she's a narcissistic energy drain, I don't think she revels in hurting people.  Kelly and the Lizard do.  She's in over her head with these anti social critters. 

I am not so sure about that, misery loves company and she can spout off crazy with Kelly and feel safe doing it because she has a partner in crime.  Now if Kelly does this drunken vitrol on the regular then maybe Vicki will take a few steps back and distance herself from that particular brand of crazy.

To be honest, that women (sequined jumpsuit...so 80's not even close to 70's) was awful, blunt and direct and that can send anyone who has been drinking like a fish in to a tail spin. Jumpsuit lady knew exactly what she was doing by telling them to go away. Between her and Jaci they were putting out a fire with gasoline. 

Something confused me about Kelly and Jaci, if I go to a party and meet someone I don't know I would not then refer to it as "running in to them" at that party, the second time you see them maybe use that but not the first so when Kelly, Shannon and Jaci were talking at the beginning of the party it made me think that Kelly knew Jaci prior to that first party.

If Kelly was separated from her husband at the time what would be the big deal about being out with someone else?  Obviously they reconciled so what is the big deal?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Vicki has worked all of her adult life, something Briana is very aware of.  I don't think Vicki ever claimed she would retire to watch Briana's children.  At some point Briana, who I find very needy.  She moves to OKC and decides to return to work, but wants her mother to fly out from OC to watch the kids?  When cameras were there, they weren't there to film Briana going off to work. 

Vicki has had a long history of having people live with her so when she decides to go home there are warm bodies.  She had Donn there forever after the divorce, then Briana and Ryan, then Brooks, now back to Briana.  The thing is Vicki goes a lot.  In the past thirty days or so, according to Vicki she has taken a trip to NYC, Palm Desert (great time it is 110 degrees there), then to Chicago, and then back NYC (to meet up with her good friends Jill Zarin and Ramona Singer) and Las Vegas. So Briana has the benefit of having a lovely home with a pool all to herself for significant periods of time and being there for Vicki. when the big bucket of need comes home.

I can't decide if Briana wants to be close to her mom to catch her in between trips or if she truly feels she would receive some respite from her harried life.  It just seems to me, other than the Bravo paycheck, she is counting on someone being there for her who is traditionally rarely available.

When did Briana ever say that she expected Vicki to fly out to OKC to "watch" her kids while she was at work? The only one that claims Vicki "watched" the kids for Briana was Vicki herself (it was so that Briana/Ryan had a night out/date night just for the 2 of them) and I am not inclined to take her word on it. Seriously, this is the same woman that claimed she went with Brooks to Dr. appointments, went with him to his "chemo" treatments and who claims she never lied about anything. LOL

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That's a good explanation, but the more we see of Brianna, the more I wonder about her real medical condition.  Did you see that bag she was breathing into with the EMS? That's for hyperventilation, not low oxygen. In fact with hyperventilation, you have too much oxygen. So, I don't trust her contentions. Her symptoms were closer to panic attack than low oxygen.   Then she's proudly pointing out all her needle marks. (Just from blood tests.)  And wearing her hospital ID band the next day. She was released, no oxygen problems. Please.  I fear we are getting another questionable medical situation PART II.  Please! Enough already. Is this for real or just her cover, I mean storyline this season.

I don't think Briana is lying about her illness but I agree that she was in full panic mode going to the hospital, hence her breathing problems. I do think Vicki is using Briana's illness as a redemption storyline and I am sure Briana didn't mind that in the beginning, as she doesn't want Vicki to loose her HW paycheck, but she, Briana, has since pulled back on it being used. When Vicki arrived to take Briana to the hospital, you can see she was not happy to see the cameras there filming her, she tried to back into the house away from them and Vicki actually had to pull her back into camera range/to the SUV.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think that the dynamics of that relationship are all fucked up.

Bicki only wants her kids to be around so she can keep tabs on them. It's all a power trip?

Her lending/buying/leasing cars and property for Brianna are just a way for her to have an unspoken noose around her neck.

I can imagine when Brianna gets out of hand, she is 'gently' reminded of Bicki's monetary donations to her cause.

Wait until gomer gets out from underneath the oppressive hold of that mean government and come to the OC to vet bicki's dates.

• Love 4
(edited)
48 minutes ago, misschung said:

I thought that was an emesis basin. 

You're absolutely right, that was a disposable basin used when people have to vomit. Ambulance personnel are so vulnerable to the splattering of bodily fluids such as blood and vomit and they can safely dispose of any contaminated material without the need to have to clean out a plastic or hard emesis basin. It's all part of infection control.

I'm just editing to add my two cents regarding the reasons for Briana's return to Orange County to be treated by the physicians who treated her in the past. I'm sure Oklahoma has wonderful hospitals, she also may have had her surgery at a military medical center. But wherever it took place, Briana was infected there. She has a MRSA infection which is a hospital acquired infection. My husband was infected with MRSA after surgery two years ago. Of course, the first reaction is to rage and rant at the hospital itself and lay all the blame at their feet. People have to realize that despite the most fastidious infection control procedures in place, every single hospital has a record of hospital acquired infections. Some hospitals have higher infection rates than others. It's a gamble whether a patient will come out sicker than they went in and for a longer time. So the best advice is to do your homework before any elective surgery. Get the statistics from your State's reviews of nosocomial infections at all your available hospitals before you choose one for your surgery. Each State keeps a very close eye on hospital acquired infections and sanctions are placed on those who are non-compliant with infections control procedures.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 5