Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: We Voted Not to Space You

37 minutes ago, sjohnson said:

"we can't just let that slide.." is not grief. And she said she killed Corso in cold blood. I don't believe anything Boone says about his feelings, but I believe Two. 

Don't remember the cute scene, which may be a lapse on my part. (Typo for cut scene?)

Why does it have to be one or the other?  I think both came into play for Two.  The group as a whole went after Corso because One "was one of them" but Two had secondary motives as well.  Like Corso commented she had let him in and had become a weakness for her.  I am paraphrasing but he was essentially right.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sjohnson said:

"we can't just let that slide.." is not grief. And she said she killed Corso in cold blood. I don't believe anything Boone says about his feelings, but I believe Two. 

Don't remember the cute scene, which may be a lapse on my part. (Typo for cut scene?)

She may have said she killed in cold blood, but we saw her do it, we saw her interaction with Corso beforehand and her reaction immediately afterwards (did not look cold-blooded at that moment - it's not like she just swatted a fly, as a really cold killer could make it look like). That she shot at all is at least partly out of revenge for One. And the impression I got was that Corso's face - which is One's face - was making it very difficult to pull the trigger. There was one moment, with Corso looking hopeful ("you care, you can't shoot"!) where he looked exactly like One. And in the conversation, Corso said that One had made her care about others - a backhanded but major compliment, in a way.

The cute scene (IMO) in episode 3 was shown, it was the first scene after cold open/teaser and credits. Two is shown drinking, and Three asks if her nanites keep her from getting drunk. This is the first time that Two has had time to digest the news of One's murder. Three gets it without words: "you miss him, don't you?". Two regrets that the last time she saw him, she was holding a gun to his head. And she talks about what he meant for her and for the crew, followed by "what do we do about it?".

Two episodes later, she acted on her feelings.

Dark Matter is actually very consistent in the build-up of its plot. No return to the status-quo after each episode, as used to be the case in many SF shows.

Edited by Wouter
  • Love 3

How is it that the Android, who only fakes human emotions, immediately comes off as a more emotive and human seeming character than the actual human characters?

I'm glad that somebody on this show has figured out how to act naturally.

• Love 2
On August 1, 2016 at 11:09 PM, Mars477 said:

How is it that the Android, who only fakes human emotions, immediately comes off as a more emotive and human seeming character than the actual human characters?

I'm glad that somebody on this show has figured out how to act naturally.

Well she did spend how many years making out with hot chicks on Lost  Girl.   Practice people. Practice.  And ironically played the rare human among non humans.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, atomationage said:

I re-watched this episode last night.  Just putting this out there to see if anyone agrees.  The character played by Kris Holden-Ried may be an android. 

I rewatched and two things stood out:

-Kierken and his sidekick were not terribly shocked that the Raza crew used an Android as an infiltrator; this implies the GA is aware of the existence of androids that can mimick humans to a very believable degree (they would of course be handy for law enforcement or military intelligence, so maybe the GA does use Androids themselves in a similar way). But this does not indicate he or his lieutenant are androids themselves, though he could be.

-Kierken says he knows where the Raza is going as soon as he realises they were looking up info on the Moss' murder investigation. The rest of the episode shows he was right about that. By implication, he had at least a general idea of where Corso was, info the Raza gang only got from Danny Bones. Also noteworthy: the investigation was suspended, showing the GA bowing to pressure from one corporation or another.

Kierken did lift what seemed to be heavy stones to uncover one of his men under the rubble (right after Corso's booby trap went off), but this being TV it's hard to say if those were meant to be too heavy to lift for a human man.

So, there is no reason why he couldn't be an Android, but I see no firm indications that he is, either.

• Love 2