Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: The Men Tell All

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Is it just me, or does it look like Chris Harrison has checked out this season? He looks so disinterested in the whole thing he would have fallen asleep if he could. Maybe because he knows JoJo doesn't have a shot with either one anyway. Or he probably doesn't care anyway.

Not just you.  For most of the Men Tell All episode, Chris H was probably checking his phone when the camera wasn't on him.  A few times he tried to fake some enthusiasm for the show, but he came across as not liking what the show has turned into.   Maybe he found this season as lame and boring as most of us did.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, leighdear said:

Chad is the new Bukowski, for as long as it amuses him to participate and the production folks see him as a ratings draw.  

Whatever show or gathering, he'll be there if it makes somebody some money.  

let me fix that for you: 

Whatever show or gathering, he'll be there   if  it makes somebody some money.    if there's a platter of deli meats.

• Love 8

These guys are such pussies. They basically all took turns thanking JoJo for dumping them.

She sounded ridiculous telling Luke that she eliminated him because he never said ILY but then Immediately told Chase that she dumped him because he did say it. 

Has anybody considered that maybe Chad is acting this way because his mom died recently? When my dad died, I went nuts. Also, I thought it was inappropriate to ask him what his mom would think about how he acted. Essentially they were saying, "Hey, you're an asshole. Your dead mom would be ashamed. Think about it." There was no reason to bring her up that way. If the show wanted to mention her, they could have just asked him if he was still greatly effected by her death and we would have gotten the point.

• Love 16

I am not even impressed by Chad's "straight talking". It's been said before by others and more cleverly. He's a troll and Bachelor Nation is a buffet for him. He has completely destroyed even the wrong reasons love I had for this show.

• Love 6

What a letdown this episode was. :( I had to rewatch yesterday to catch the beginning that I missed and wow, does this show love Chad! 

Unfortunately, like most things, the extreme emphasis on Chad showed me that a little Chad goes a very long way. He does have some funny remarks here and there, which came across better in an edited version, but a full conversation with him seems to highlight that's he not all that bright or quick on his feet. 

She said she was happy with her decision and where she was now.  All the time with a half sneer on her face. Which could mean she is okay with the decision her heart led her to at the time, but now she's over it, and she's glad. 

She certainly did not appear to be overflowing with joy about her current situation. Otherwise, I thought she handled herself fairly well and it does seem like she genuinely liked and got along with the majority of the guys. 

Now that Vinny has a better haircut, he actually is rather attractive (I don't remember him having such blue eyes on the show) and seems like a fun guy. Wish the show would have showed a little more of him, I spent the first several weeks wondering how on earth he was still there.

Chad's still sort of scary but I think he speaks a lot of truth; naming all the guys that were there to promote their media jobs, Jojo sending him home the minute she found out he was considered a "bad" guy on TV, saying that Robby broke up with his last girlfriend to go on the show.  I can definitely believe that Jordan is different when the cameras are rolling and a liar.

My problem with Chad's "truth" is that it's all Captain Obvious shit that everybody already knows. The other guys are gamely playing along with the show that they ALL signed up for, Chad included, so him acting like he's so above it all just doesn't make sense. 

My reasons for liking Chad (in small doses) are his entertaining comments and general shit-stirring, but I can't get behind his superiority complex regarding this ridiculous show. 

Did anybody catch him calling Alex a "manlet" as he was walking in? Hilarious. But some of his other jokes fell completely flat, like the pickles vs apples comment.

Wells came off to me as thinking he was the smartest & most clever guy in the room.  He was basically just a better looking version of Evan, trying to be the "rational one" who was so far above the fray of the frat boys.  A little of that condescension goes a long way.  

Yeah, Wells is another one who is apparently better in small doses. The redemption speech was incredibly silly, even putting aside the details of the fact that BiP already filmed and Wells was there with Chad. Like, what is it to Wells if Chad rehabs his "image" or not? They're not friends and never will be, so what if he chooses to be a villain? It's clearly gotten him the attention he wants and his motives are his own business. 

In the bloopers, what did JoJo say to Chase after he kicked over the fake rock covering the spotlight?

She said "well, off to the racetrack..."  

I wish there were more bloopers, I could watch that kind of stuff all day long. Also, I feel like the JoJo you see in the bloopers is extremely likeable and seems fun, it's all the Bachelor franchise speechifying and fake drama that makes her annoying. I guess being the lead is a thankless job, it always turns formerly popular contestants into polarizing people. 

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/26/2016 at 10:49 PM, leighdear said:

Most of those guys had college degrees, so Wells and his radio host gig don't necessarily represent the highest level of intellect. 

I didn't like him, so I won't cut him slack.  Just like we all do.  We all defend the ones we like and criticize the ones we don't.  

Interesting.  That's... not how it works for me at all.  

I actually believe everything that Chad says!  It's not like he said anything nice, so why would any of it be hard to believe?  LOL!  He's not promising to love any of us.... He's the only one being real. (NOT that I like him - I'm neutral. Though I do enjoy the entertainment he provides, because he's the only entertainment that this show is bringing.)

Chad, on the other hand, is just endless comedy. I so appreciate him breaking the conventions of the show and saying whatever truth he wants too. YES Jordan and Robby are both insincere and YES most of those guys are there to promote themselves. Who else has ever walked onto the set and said those things out loud? They play it off as villainous behaviour, but it's so refreshing.

Agree

By the way - what did Chad do to Jojo that was so bad?  Did he talk shit about her in the media or something?  I know he was bad to the other GUYS - but to Jojo?  Was it the flippant comments about her in the sports challenge?  How she nags or whatever?  LOL!  She absolutely did not seem to mind back then.

I love how nobody cheered for Alex.  I can't tell you how happy that made me.  It was pronounced.

Agree with those who said Wells was too know-it-all on the show.  (And I really, really like him, and I know he has a lot of fans here, so.... we're able to criticize the ones we like.)  I think the fans embracing him after the show went to his head.  Oh well.  He wasn't offensive.  Just a bit much.

Super excited for BiP.  Did they even show one millisecond of Jubilee in the preview for it?  It was a shock to see the announcement that she's on the show, because it feels like the editors blocked out any possible glimpse of her in the preview. Unless she goes home super early.

Luke is really hot - but there's somebody where I don't know what to believe at all.  He's really able to bring the tears. I found that surprising, because... well... it's a reality show about love.  I don't get what's going on there. If he just wants the fame and glory or what.

After reading everyone's comments I now remember that Chase exists.  No offense people who want him for Bachelor. But my god. On television he is extremely, extremely dull and boring.  

Re:  Chris Harrison.  I'm only on my 3rd season, but to me he looks.... old.  I hate saying that because it sounds so dumb and mean.  But yeah.  Tired. Old.  "Over it" might be a better way of saying it but I don't know how he used to be.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
(edited)

I love how nobody cheered for Alex.  I can't tell you how happy that made me.  It was pronounced.

And how apparently no one in the cast liked him much either, lol. That surprised me a little bit since he was always smack in the middle of a big group of guys, but now I'm wondering if he's one of those people that everybody hangs out with but secretly dislikes and nobody says anything because they figure the others DO like him. Then once they realize other people don't like them, the floodgates open and everybody talks shit at once. 

As for BiP, I'm very curious to see Evan on there. I mean, good for him for continuing to try to set up a scenario where girls who wouldn't look twice at him in real life might pity kiss him, but I honestly can't see anyone choosing him over any of the other guys who will be there. 

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 5
(edited)

I can't believe Wells is going for Ashley. She's pretty but her constant crying and snotting all over the place disgusts me. I'm not sure she's mentally stable.

I can't stand the twins. I guess we're supposed to think they're cute but I don't see it. 

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, scribe95 said:

Chad's so-called speaking the truth is laughable considering he went on the show too knowing full well the gig. He is the same.

Yes, but I think the difference is he has no shame in it, and didn't pretend to fall head over heels in love with JoJo or thank her for the blessing of meeting her and breaking his heart.  I think what he's calling out the others for are the fact that they all are famewhores (including him) but they're treating the "experience" as some life-changing experience in such a way that as if JoJo bestowed some magic powder upon them and now they can fully live their lives and start to love. It's all BS because all of these guys have probably had serious, meaningful relationships before (some even just days before leaving for the show), but are acting like relationship virgins until they met JoJo, and if they haven't met JoJo, they would be totally hopeless in life. 

• Love 10

I agree with you, Refresh, about Chad's violent streak, which neither he nor the show try to hide. The women who want him as next bachelor, or who just want him, period, remind me of those who loved Chris Brown even more after he beat the cr*p out of Rhianna. Just ... so wrong that it's scary.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I agree with you, Refresh, about Chad's violent streak, which neither he nor the show try to hide. The women who want him as next bachelor, or who just want him, period, remind me of those who loved Chris Brown even more after he beat the cr*p out of Rhianna. Just ... so wrong that it's scary.

Just because he wants to punch Evan doesn't mean he'd beat a woman. I know what you're saying but I wouldn't be scared to date Chad unless I knew he had a history of hitting women. I'd just tell him to go throw his fit somewhere else. 

I think those of us who've said he'd be a fun bachelor are "wrong reasons" viewers and we know it's all fake anyway. The producers know exactly what's going on with Chad because they probably told him what to do and say once they found out he was a good villain. 

Santa Claus was the one who rolled up his sleeves on tv asking for a fight. Chad actually laughed at him. 

• Love 6

I don't know anybody with anger management issues, especially when under the influence of [whatever], who would not hit a woman. Don't think an enraged, violent person will suddenly be overcome with rationality when faced with a female. Many women make this mistake. Some live to regret it and some don't.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

Just because he wants to punch Evan doesn't mean he'd beat a woman. I know what you're saying but I wouldn't be scared to date Chad unless I knew he had a history of hitting women. I'd just tell him to go throw his fit somewhere else. 

I think those of us who've said he'd be a fun bachelor are "wrong reasons" viewers and we know it's all fake anyway. The producers know exactly what's going on with Chad because they probably told him what to do and say once they found out he was a good villain. 

Santa Claus was the one who rolled up his sleeves on tv asking for a fight. Chad actually laughed at him. 

For me, the main reason I'd be reluctant to see Chad as the bachelor is that I'm afraid he might make cruel remarks about the women (possibly to their faces, but most definitely to the cameras). Given his obsession with his own body and the horrible weightlifting site he participates in (someone linked it in the media thread), where the meatheads were calling JoJo a girl with "pre whale tendencies" and speculating that she will blow up as she ages/has kids, I can't help but think he'd be an extremely judgmental guy in that role. And unlike other guys, he's not likely to censor himself. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Re:  Chris Harrison.  I'm only on my 3rd season, but to me he looks.... old.  I hate saying that because it sounds so dumb and mean.  But yeah.  Tired. Old.  "Over it" might be a better way of saying it but I don't know how he used to be.

Well, he is older than everyone there.  And having gone through a recent divorce himself, not sure where he stands on the whole romance and looking for love thing.  Very much a job for him now.  Wondering if he is secretly wishing he could spend a night in the fantasy suite with JoJo...

3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

As for BiP, I'm very curious to see Evan on there. I mean, good for him for continuing to try to set up a scenario where girls who wouldn't look twice at him in real life might pity kiss him, but I honestly can't see anyone choosing him over any of the other guys who will be there. 

Evan is on BIP?  Oh my gosh.  No, that's just wrong.  BIP, if anything, is for the attractive well-muscled dudes who will be half naked over 90% of the time.  I don't see Evan as fitting in.  He's going to be the guy that the women use to just extend their stay another week, and then once somebody better comes along, he's gone.  I'd be surprised to see him last very long.

3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I can't believe Wells is going for Ashley. She's pretty but her constant crying and snotting all over the place disgusts me. I'm not sure she's mentally stable.

Did I miss the premiere?  I thought it was next week.  If so, then perhaps this comment should have spoiler tags...

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

For me, the main reason I'd be reluctant to see Chad as the bachelor is that I'm afraid he might make cruel remarks about the women (possibly to their faces, but most definitely to the cameras). Given his obsession with his own body and the horrible weightlifting site he participates in (someone linked it in the media thread), where the meatheads were calling JoJo a girl with "pre whale tendencies" and speculating that she will blow up as she ages/has kids, I can't help but think he'd be an extremely judgmental guy in that role. And unlike other guys, he's not likely to censor himself. 

I didn't know anything about the weightlifting website and I agree with you. That's what would definitely bother me. I tend to feel really sorry for people even when they're on reality shows and know what they're getting themselves into. I even felt bad for Alex when he didn't get applause and I can't stand him. A Chad season wouldn't be enjoyable for me if he verbally abused the women and it's safe to say that he probably would, thinking he's being funny. Or maybe he's nicer to women than we think. He had a great relationship with his mother, so he says, calling her his best friend. I guess we'll find out in BIP. I can't wait.

• Love 1
(edited)
35 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

Well, he is older than everyone there.  And having gone through a recent divorce himself, not sure where he stands on the whole romance and looking for love thing.  Very much a job for him now.  Wondering if he is secretly wishing he could spend a night in the fantasy suite with JoJo...

Evan is on BIP?  Oh my gosh.  No, that's just wrong.  BIP, if anything, is for the attractive well-muscled dudes who will be half naked over 90% of the time.  I don't see Evan as fitting in.  He's going to be the guy that the women use to just extend their stay another week, and then once somebody better comes along, he's gone.  I'd be surprised to see him last very long.

Did I miss the premiere?  I thought it was next week.  If so, then perhaps this comment should have spoiler tags...

It plainly shows Wells kissing Ashley on the preview for BIP. Ashley also says she feels more chemistry with Wells than she ever did with Jared and then they talk about conceiving a child in paradise. It's not a spoiler.

Edited by Nowhere
Clarity
  • Love 2
(edited)

I haven't read through ALL the comments, but does anyone else want them to go for somebody new for the next Bachelor? Luke seems like a good person but my god he is boring to watch. And unlike other seasons, he never seemed like a big "fan favorite" or anything. Same with Chase. And Robby just skeeves me out, he would be awful.

Is it too much to ask to get somebody funny/interesting or are we doomed to have the Previous Season's Scraps to choose from every time now? The fact that they limit themselves to 3-4 boring white men every season is a shame.

Edited by huskerj12
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, huskerj12 said:

I haven't read through ALL the comments, but does anyone else want them to go for somebody new for the next Bachelor? Luke seems like a good person but my god he is boring to watch. And unlike other seasons, he never seemed like a big "fan favorite" or anything. Same with Chase. And Robby just skeeves me out, he would be awful.

Is it too much to ask to get somebody funny/interesting or are we doomed to have the Previous Season's Scraps to choose from every time now? The fact that they limit themselves to 3-4 boring white men every season is a shame.

A lot of us have been saying we want a clean slate.

I would like to see a black lead. I was excited that Ben seemed to really like Jubilee and thought maybe he'd keep her around long enough to give her a chance at The Bachelorette. 

• Love 4

There is no way that Chad would ever become The Bachelor.  No way ABC would ever be able to control him, nor would he ever sign a contract giving them that much control over him.  They made their deals for this show and BIP, and they'll pay him for appearances for a while, to get their mileage out of him. Then he'll become irrelevant like most of them do. 

Where are Courtney Robertson, Juan Pablo, Kelsey Poe and Chris Bukowski now?  Nobody cares where.  Chad will follow the same path.   

• Love 7
2 hours ago, comosedice said:

I don't know anybody with anger management issues, especially when under the influence of [whatever], who would not hit a woman. Don't think an enraged, violent person will suddenly be overcome with rationality when faced with a female. Many women make this mistake. Some live to regret it and some don't.

I think the attention paid to Chad on MTA was really appalling, in a way that calls for more than just snark.

Here's a guy who admitted, practically bragged, that assaulting another person (not in self-defense) is not only a valid form of expression, but is necessary at times.

That's a sociopath.

For Chris Harrison to just laugh that off makes Harrison as much of a piece of shit as Chad is.  And before anyone apologizes for Harrison or Chad by saying Chad "didn't really mean it", remember his answer was in response to Chris asking him "you wouldn't really attack someone, would you?".  So, yeah.  He can't get away from that comment with a "JK".  Also, this is a guy who obviously works obsessively on the muscles that he would use to commit said assault.  If someone collected an arsenal of firearms and talked about how there are times when you just have to shoot someone (not in self-defense), we'd see them for the sick fuck that they are.  Chad is no different.

1 hour ago, greyhorse said:

The thing with Chris Harrison is that, especially since his divorce, he has this pathetic habits of trying to "bro" it up with the male contestants.  It's really pretty sad.  He's whatever the AARP version of the guy who keeps hanging out at the fraternity house even after graduation is called.

• Love 9
(edited)

The fact that they limit themselves to 3-4 boring white men every season is a shame.

I know. It is so unfair to boring men of color.

I'm only 4 minutes in, but that BiP promo... "The Chad is about to hit the fan"?!!!! So after being compared to Hitler, Chad is now equated to shit?! Wow.

Sounds about right to me.

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Has anybody considered that maybe Chad is acting this way because his mom died recently? When my dad died, I went nuts. Also, I thought it was inappropriate to ask him what his mom would think about how he acted. Essentially they were saying, "Hey, you're an asshole. Your dead mom would be ashamed. Think about it." There was no reason to bring her up that way. If the show wanted to mention her, they could have just asked him if he was still greatly effected by her death and we would have gotten the point.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  I wondered if the relatively recent death of his mother explains some of his behavior.  Although who knows what he was like before!  

• Love 1
(edited)

Finally watched the whole thing. The guys were laying it on way too thick with thanking Jojo for helping them to love/express their feelings. Also Luke looked thinner and like he has aged since the show, he does not look well.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, Nowhere said:

13 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Or maybe he's nicer to women than we think. He had a great relationship with his mother, so he says, calling her his best friend. I guess we'll find out in BIP. I can't wait.

Obviously I don't know Chad and we haven't seen a whole lot of him with women outside of Jojo, but if I remember correctly from the season, he always treated her just fine and none of his anger or violence was directed at her. It seems more like he has issues with other men. He had nothing but glowing things to say about both Hope and Jen (Robby and Grant's exes) at the Men Tell All, and seems a lot kinder when talking to and about women. In fact, he was critical of Robby and Grant for breaking up with their girlfriends to do the show. Even when he addressed Jojo, he insulted her final 2 but not her personally. Also if he had a great relationship with his mother, that says something. I'm not trying to defend violent tendencies and he's not someone I'd ever date in real life (although a makeout session wouldn't be off the table, ha), but we haven't seen any evidence of him having issues with women. Like you said, guess we'll find out on BIP!

Edited by jade.black
  • Love 11
(edited)

Chase has beautiful eyes, I'd never noticed them before. As boring as he is, I still think he'd be a better bachelor than wooden Luke...

I loved how unafraid Wells was of Chad. Yes he was a bit too happy calling out Chad, but I still like him.

Loved the guys calling Chad out for not having a real job.

Loved Jojo standing up to Chad - I thought she'd never shown this much personality as in this episode - and seeing clearly through him, saying no one should give him the attention he so obviously craves. And loved the guys' standing ovation! Yes, they do seem to really like her.

LOLed at the way the women in the audience seemed to be Right Reasons viewers, when they seemed so emotional listening to Luke, apparently believing him and empathizing with his pain...

Didn't love the way the whole room went silent when Chad talked about Robbie and his ex-gf Hope... saying... Hope wasn't sorry she wasn't with Robbie anymore, I think? And that Robbie had threatened her...

Why did Chad call Chase a... "wine guy"? "Vine guy"? Did Chase lie about his job too?

I saw comments elsewhere pointing out Jojo must want a dramatic relationship: her F2 are the only ones with whom she had to bring up issues about their past relationships, the only ones about whom she's had doubts. Not only does she pick dbags, but she seems to want the chase more than the man: how many times did she seem to lose interest in a guy as soon as it was clear he was interested? Poor Jojo, she still has some growing up to do until she can be in a healthy relationship...

Edited by GinnyMars
19 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Wells did the Huffington Post Bachelorette podcast this week and mentioned that he and Santa Claus went to Ole Miss together and they were on the rugby team  and Nick did some serious boxing also so no surprise to him that he'd want to fight Chad.  But Wells did seem a bit perplexed at the timing of the call out.  The hosts didn't press Wells rugby team membership so I have a hard time believing that Wells was actually on it but there you go. 

Why was Santa taking his jacket off and challenging him again? Was he trying to fight for Jo's honor? Or Alex?  I was only half watching but it was really awkward and embarrassing. It also made me kind of remember another attempted jacket take-off not too long ago. Maybe Kaitlyn's MTA? It's always so embarrassing. We all know you don't really want to fight the person or you would have done it outside of the safety of the studio, LOL

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Wells did the Huffington Post Bachelorette podcast this week and mentioned that he and Santa Claus went to Ole Miss together and they were on the rugby team  and Nick did some serious boxing also so no surprise to him that he'd want to fight Chad.  But Wells did seem a bit perplexed at the timing of the call out.  The hosts didn't press Wells rugby team membership so I have a hard time believing that Wells was actually on it but there you go. 

So they knew each other already, before the show? That's interesting...I never noticed them talking to each other like they did. Although I never really saw Santa and many of the other dudes speaking to Jojo either. 

I'm surprised that with so much Chad talk, I haven't heard any bad stories about his past with women, or with him being a raging killing machine to other men.  Have I missed those stories?  I may have, I don't read everything.  We have heard back stories on some of the other guys and I would think with Chad's "celebrity", someone would come forward and spill some serious beans.

I actually think Chad is socially awkward.  I don't see him as a smooth talking lady's man.  He seems very close to his sister and he was close to his mom.  Maybe the roids are something new, and he is reacting to them.  I don't know...just seems there are no victims of Chad coming forward so far.  But like I said, I may have missed something.

• Love 9
(edited)
34 minutes ago, wovenloaf said:

So they knew each other already, before the show? That's interesting...I never noticed them talking to each other like they did. Although I never really saw Santa and many of the other dudes speaking to Jojo either. 

Yeah we never saw Wells and Nick on the show together.  I think this is one of the few times that two contestants on the same season had a pretty close relationship from their past.  Granted now that they are quite a few years past their Ole Miss days they aren't as close but they were friendly back then and seem to be still.  

Some other tidbits from the podcast:

1. Luke spent alot of his time alone

2. Felt that the garden clique--Jordan, Alex, Robby, Chase was obnoxious and actively made fun of their flower names that they gave each other

3. Vinny also got wasted on night one and Wells hated him at first;  but by the end of Vinny's stay, they had gotten close and he really likes him

4. His older brother was cast in a past season but bailed at the last second;  after Wells broke up with his girlfriend and became single again, said brother called casting on his behalf to get on the show

5. Didn't try to hide the fact that he went on to improve his brand, which I totally understand

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CindyBee said:

I had to stop and laugh at imagining Wells on a rugby team. Ross Geller's team?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, CindyBee said:

The hosts didn't press Wells rugby team membership so I have a hard time believing that Wells was actually on it but there you go. 

Every team needs an equipment manager. 

• Love 6

Gotta remember, we only see on teevee exactly what TPTB want us to see. And hear. As for this: "Has anybody considered that maybe Chad is acting this way because his mom died recently?" Giving carte blanche to someone because of a death in the family is like saying it was okay for the Orlando nightclub shooter to kill all those people because his brother/father/mother/sister/best friend died. (And lightning will strike me for even typing that sentence.)

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Gotta remember, we only see on teevee exactly what TPTB want us to see. And hear. As for this: "Has anybody considered that maybe Chad is acting this way because his mom died recently?" Giving carte blanche to someone because of a death in the family is like saying it was okay for the Orlando nightclub shooter to kill all those people because his brother/father/mother/sister/best friend died. (And lightning will strike me for even typing that sentence.)

No. That's nowhere close to being the same thing. 

• Love 14

I don't see why a death  in the   family would be an excuse to act like a jerk.  My husband's mother died last year, my mother died a few years ago, about half the people I know have lost either their mother or father in recent years -- none of them threatened to punch people or hassle anyone's friends.  Sadly, most of us lose out parents at some point in our lives, I've never seen any logical connection between grieving and behaving like an asshat.

I don't hate Chad. I found him entertaining and thought most of what he did made sense considering the flower quartet was talking about him all the time, but the violence and after-show behavior was uncalled for and I doubt if it was  connected to the death of his mother.

• Love 7

I didn't say it excuses it, nor did I use the term "carte blanche". I said that grief can make people act out of character or just act out. I've seen entire families broken apart by the death of a single person. Most likely because one or more were acting like asshats. It's not unheard of, especially when two people are very close and then one is suddenly gone. It can rock your world like nothing else and everybody responds differently. I don't know if that's Chad's problem. It was just a theory as to why he let the men get to him as much as they did. 

I'm not a friend of Chad's but I don't hate him either. I just assume that he is the resident villain on a tv show, put there for ratings and entertainment value, and it's unfair to compare him to Hitler or ISIS just because he tore Evan's t-shirt and punched a wall. The rest of it was just words between guys that Alex and Evan took part in as well. 

@JudyObscure I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my dad recently and I do feel your pain. It's a terrible thing to endure.

• Love 2

I'm with @Nowhere that I got to give Chad the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty and all. There is not even "where there's smoke, there's fire" with Chad. Every season, ppl come out of the woodwork and report to Reality Steve the unsavory stuff. It certainly happened this season with Grant, Jordan, and there was a bit about Evan. Steve recently reported that he has gotten nothing about Chad. So as far as I'm concerned, Chad is just acting for the cameras and not to be taken seriously.

• Love 8

Finally got around to watching this. Chad is obviously entertaining for those who are "wrong reasons" watchers. He is the loudest, and most destructive, train wreck that has ever plowed through Bachelor Nation.

I totally disagree with those holding him up as some sort of paragon of truthiness. Yeah Chad is a "straight talker", but that is the easiest, laziest and cheapest form of intellect there is. It basically involves saying super obvious shit and getting credit because you're the only one doing so. But the reason no one else is saying these things is precisely because it is super obvious shit. Has about as much use as saying the sun rises in the east.

That said, the other guys gave him way too much of their own time. I say this every season, but if someone pulls the old "I'm not here to make friends" schtick, the only logical response is to oblige them. Because seriously, life is to short to waste even a second on a dickhead like Chad.

• Love 5

Reggiejax, I agree. Way too much time has been wasted on Chad. On the show and on this forum. Many have complained how boring this season was but wasn't it Chad who monopolized most of it? We barely got to know the men or see Jojo interact with them because so much time and energy was focused on this unfunny clown.

I think time was wasted on Chad because the season as a whole was that boring. JoJo picked her guy possibly before the show even started. That is just not entertaining and there was nothing interesting. I still can't tell all these guys apart. Seriously, I know there is a Chase, a Jordan, was there a Will or something, James Taylor (I remember him because of the musician) a little guy, some other guy who wasn't Jordan but looks like him, a Luke. But if you put all their pictures side by side I am not convinced I could tell you which one is which or much about them. There's a former football player and a former swimmer. As to personality, they all seem to share one, including her. And it's a very bland one. This was a very bland season. On a better season I am not convinced Chad would have as many fans as he does. But this season was desperate for something and he was it.

• Love 12
On 7/28/2016 at 4:34 PM, greyhorse said:

Well, [Chris Harrison] is older than everyone there.  And having gone through a recent divorce himself, not sure where he stands on the whole romance and looking for love thing.  Very much a job for him now.  Wondering if he is secretly wishing he could spend a night in the fantasy suite with JoJo...

I often find myself wondering what would happen if feelings ever managed to develop between him and one of the women. He's a friendly face for the contestants, and he's pretty much the only friend figure the leads really have during the process, so it strikes me as not entirely beyond the realm of possibility. But can you imagine? That could really give us the "most dramatic rose ceremony ever."

9 hours ago, CindyBee said:

2. Felt that the garden clique--Jordan, Alex, Robby, Chase was obnoxious and actively made fun of their flower names that they gave each other

Flower names? What? Did we see this at any point? How did I miss this?

As for Chad, I still really don't know what to make of him. The violent streak is concerning (and I don't think it's at all unreasonable to view that streak as a serious red flag for a woman involved with him or for potential future kids), but on the other hand, if he had an actual history of violence in real life, we'd have heard about it by now. But frankly, even if it's just a character he's playing, it's still not a character I have any interest in seeing.

• Love 1
(edited)

I loved the first minute of this -- the guys who lasted a long time started getting big applause, but Alex got no applause from the studio audience. It was great.

I don't know what show St. Nick was auditioning for, but he really needed to shut the fuck up. He was already on the Bachelorette and he was boring. No one cares what you have to say, dude.

They sure milked Chad for every ounce he was worth. I actually don't think he came off that badly on the show and some of the other guys ended up looking stupid all over again... but I follow him on Snapchat so I am fully aware that he is a crazy, angry weirdo who lives a very boring life. It's hard to still be Team Chad if you follow him on Snapchat because he does seem like a crazy person and a totally douche. But if I were just watching the Bachelorette, I'd be on his side easily. It was clear at the time of airing that Evan did push Chad, even if that was a bit of an excuse -- I enjoyed the play-by-play because Evan sucks.

JoJo, who has been boring, inarticulate and devoid of any personality, somehow came across well on this show. It was like the first episode where I thought she had a lot of potential. It's hard to square how she comes off well-spoken at times with the rest of the show, where she's had nothing to say and has been super dull.

Chris Harrison using the word "motorboat" was the grossest thing of this season, easily.

Edited by Falafel
  • Love 5

I don’t understand why anyone would take Chad or this show seriously.  It’s obvious the show is starting to mock itself by casting Chad.  In earlier seasons, no one but no one would have been allowed, on screen, to make fun of the premise of TB/ette.  This far down the line, they know that everyone knows it’s a farce, and they are playing along.  Does anyone really think that they would have had the very fake security guard hanging around if Chad was a real threat?  Anyone? 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, kingshearte said:

I often find myself wondering what would happen if feelings ever managed to develop between him and one of the women. He's a friendly face for the contestants, and he's pretty much the only friend figure the leads really have during the process, so it strikes me as not entirely beyond the realm of possibility.

Weren't there rumors about him and Andi?

On 2016-07-28 at 3:32 PM, Alapaki said:

The thing with Chris Harrison ...He's whatever the AARP version of the guy who keeps hanging out at the fraternity house even after graduation is called.

Oh come on, the dude is 45 - hardly AARP.

• Love 6