Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: The Men Tell All

• Start Topic

JoJo and 18 of the most memorable men from the season return to discuss their experiences, including the controversial Chad.  Also: a sneak peek at "Bachelor in Paradise 3"; a look at lighthearted bloopers; and a peek at the end to JoJo's emotional journey.

Didn't watch the overnights yet because of the DNC (final rose to Michelle, F2 to Cory Booker), but I couldn't miss TMTAAC (the men tell all about Chad). And, they do not disappoint with a special entrance and a private trailer. But then in the BIP preview, Chad says, "F*ck you, Chris Harrison!" Oh, no he didn't! But TMTAAC is filmed later, and Chad STILL gets the star treatment, so FU, Harrison, indeed. That was probably Harrison's trailer and now he's squeezed into the broom closet as a dressing room.

What is Alex yelling, "I called it!!" about?  My family is too loud, but it sounds like everyone is saying Alex is an immature shit stirrer, so I'm glad they're calling him on it.  

Chad dated Grant's ex, too?!? Did he not put this one on Instagram like Robby's ex? This is awesome! 

Who's this guy taking off his jacket threatening Chad? He looks like James Taylor but it's not him, so yet another show doppelgänger that I didn't even realize. And love Daniel chiming in, be less violent American and more congenial Canadian. Oh, that's Santa, thanks to Chad's insult. Ooh, even better burn, "Your pocket square doesn't match your shirt." Low blow, bro! Have a glass of milk! 

Chad has dirt from Jordan's girlfriend, too?! I love how he seduced everyone's exes to get dirt on them! That might be psychopathic, but that's awesomely Wrong Reasons. 

"Sometimes you choose apples when you should have chosen pickles, know what I mean?" Yes, of course we know what you mean! Duh! That's almost as trite of an expression as "Life isn't all blueberries and paper airplanes."

Nice Bachelor audition from Luke; let's see how Chase does. Ooh, looks like I missed a good episode last night! An ILY kick to the curb from the fantasy suite is more dramatic than an ILY kick to the curb from a Tarmac, so Chase for Bachelor!

But Harrison gives them each a chance to explain to JoJo how she broke his heart, and they each learned important life lessons they'll need to become The Bachelor, so it could go either way. (Any chance of Chad in a write-in ballot?!)

Chad slow mo eating some beef jerky nuggets (if that's a thing that exists in this world) and insults the final 2. JoJo ain't havin' it! And the crowd goes nearly as wild as they did last night for Bernie.

Vinny gives up the straight-banged fade (or whatever that hairstyle was) to go with the swoop hairdo to fit in with the other brochachos. If only you had it sooner, Vinny, you may have made it further, as swoopy hair was her #1 criteria in a life partner. And we get a glimpse of what your hometown would have been like with typecast loud, Italian mom.

Next week, the Most Dramatic Final Rose Ceremony Ever! 

• Love 14

I love the Canadian guy, "All anyone wanted to do was talk about Chad and how in love they were with Jojo after spending five minutes with her." Someone else said the same thing.  I forgot that Jared called Alex, Chase, Jordan and Robby a mean girl click.  Then three of them made it to the end.  I was feeling really sorry for Chase after the Fantasy Suite rejection but this reminded me what a Chad-whiner he was in the early days.

Chad's still sort of scary but I think he speaks a lot of truth; naming all the guys that were there to promote their media jobs, Jojo sending him home the minute she found out he was considered a "bad" guy on TV, saying that Robby broke up with his last girlfriend to go on the show.  I can definitely believe that Jordan is different when the cameras are rolling and a liar.

Wells was having so much fun laughing at everyone. He was definitely the most real guy of the season.

Poor Luke he never should have gone on this show.  On the other hand, why did she have to be comfortable with his family right off the bat? If he loved her so much why did she have to pass tests?

Every time they talk about Jojo being, hands down, the hottest girl to ever be on the show, I get a little offended for all the other beautiful girls who've been on.

• Love 9

Ahhhh, the Chad-nanigans were fun.  I find him much more entertaining than JoJo, so it seemed right he got almost the entire first hour all to himself.  But enough til BIP. 

Luke did a very good Bachelor audition, right down to the last Chris Harrison prompted line: "I'm ready to love again."  I'm pretty sure he's the one. 

• Love 20

That was a very entertaining. The producers obviously knew that the season was boring and decided to focus on Chad. Wow, he was cockier and ruder than ever. But something tells me that everything he said about Jordan and Robby is true. 

• Love 19

Idk I enjoyed Wells and his Harry Potter and Lord of the Flies references. BIP and whatever happens between Ashley I and him there will probably kill my enjoyment of him, though.

Chad was, um, interesting. I did crack up when he said maybe he was going to bring Jordan candy. I think it's pretty obvious he's 99% calculated for the show of it all.

• Love 9
(edited)

Chad is equally hilarious, frustrating and frightening. He speaks in circles and doesn't answer questions or accusations thrown his way. He's a head scratcher. I don't know if he'd really go after someone or if it's all bluster. I wouldn't want to find out. The stuff he threw at JoJo was very mean-spirited. I still don't get why he went on the show. Has he not seen it before? What he had problems with was exactly what the show is all about.

Evan did poke the bear, and it looked like he pushed the bear too. Did he deserve the over the top reaction from Chad? No. But he wasn't as innocent as he claimed to be.

Alex is a little punk. Santa wanted his camera time. 

Jordan or Robby? I think JoJo has made a mistake with whoever she picks. I am usually a sucker for the show and will hold out hope for it to last, but neither of these guys is in it for the long haul. 

Edited by jackjill89
Because it's Evan, not Nick
  • Love 10
(edited)

Wells came off to me as thinking he was the smartest & most clever guy in the room.  He was basically just a better looking version of Evan, trying to be the "rational one" who was so far above the fray of the frat boys.  A little of that condescension goes a long way.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, leighdear said:

Wells came off to me as thinking he was the smartest & most clever guy in the room.  He was basically just a better looking version of Evan, trying to be the "voice of reason" who was so far above the fray of the frat boys.  A little of that condescension goes a long way.  

To be fair, he probably was, amongst that group of men.

• Love 17

In the bloopers, what did JoJo say to Chase after he kicked over the fake rock covering the spotlight?

I thought it was telling that, in the bloopers, the only guy who would help JoJo was Luke, who tried to hold back the husky that was getting aggressive. The other guys just laughed it off when she was attacked by flies or whatever. I'm all for feminism, but dammit, if someone needs help, HELP THEM. Jordan covered his OWN mouth. 

Chad's comment about Robby and Jordan. Wow. But not untrue. 

Evan's smirk annoys me. Just go away. 

Hipster Brandon looked so much better with a haircut.

Grant, no one cares. Seriously.

• Love 6

Most of those guys had college degrees, so Wells and his radio host gig don't necessarily represent the highest level of intellect. 

I didn't like him, so I won't cut him slack.  Just like we all do.  We all defend the ones we like and criticize the ones we don't.  

• Love 3

When Luke said he just wanted j to be happy, and when Chris asked her if she was happy, her eyes said that she is so not happy, even though her voice said she was. 

Santa nick is pretty cute, she should have kept him. What's with Chad calling her Joelle?

yep? Luke is ready for love on next bachelor. 

Thsnk goodness vinny fixed his hair. Evan did some too. The friendship thing with vinny was interesting. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, kazza said:

In the bloopers, what did JoJo say to Chase after he kicked over the fake rock covering the spotlight?

I thought it was telling that, in the bloopers, the only guy who would help JoJo was Luke, who tried to hold back the husky that was getting aggressive. The other guys just laughed it off when she was attacked by flies or whatever. I'm all for feminism, but dammit, if someone needs help, HELP THEM. Jordan covered his OWN mouth. 

Chad's comment about Robby and Jordan. Wow. But not untrue. 

Evan's smirk annoys me. Just go away. 

Grant, no one cares. Seriously.

I think there is a difference between an aggressive dog and having a fly or bee come at you. What can you really do besides swat it away?

Chad is playing a character which is going to last about a week. I wouldn't believe anything he said. The rest of the guys at least have acted like human beings and can probably carry on in the real world. Where is Chad going to go after BIP?

• Love 4

Luke was very sweet in saying he wants Joelle to find happiness when she came out to sit by Chris H. Compared to Luke, Chase sounded like a spoiled brat following that up by rehashing his hurt feelings at being ditched. I was taken by how truly happy all the guys except Chad seemed to be just to see her when she came out. I think they really like her, which says something. Not to mention no one on this season sent themselves home, did they?

• Love 7
(edited)

I think both Luke and Chase came off great for their Bachelor auditions although I give the edge to Luke. I prefer him but I'll watch Chase. He's a good second option.

BIP3 looks to have some interesting pairing up to say the least. Can't wait for it to start.

Is it me or did anyone else notice that Evan's nose seemed somewhat less sharp? Something seemed more put together. Definitely a better haircut but I could have swore his nose was way more angular. It used to dominate his face in profile. A subtle nose job maybe?

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 2
(edited)
40 minutes ago, kazza said:

Yeah, I had to rewind a couple of times to see who that guy was, then go back to the website to figure out why I didn't remember him.  What a difference some shampoo and a good haircut make! 

Edited by backformore

I have watched every episode of this series, and never has a season felt so scripted. I swear I'm watching a dramedy.  JoJo is probably the best puppet the producers have ever had.The interview between Chris and Luke seemed rehearsed.

• Love 10

I must admit I haven't watched much of the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows over the years...primarily because I just found the premise to be absurd.  I cannot believe anyone goes on the show except for the airtime they get to promote themselves for whatever reason.  With that in mind, it is just laughable to me that any of the participants take any part of it seriously...certainly not seriously  enough to have their "hearts broken."  All of it is manufactured drama...as many of you have pointed out.  Maybe their egos get bruised...but that's about it.  Am I just being too cynical...do you think that any of the Bachelors or Bachorettes really expect to find true love by appearing on this show?  They spend minutes with each "hopeful" for the most part -- and much of that is with others on hand...followed by sex as a test.  I can't even enjoy watching it most nights just to mock the whole thing.

• Love 3

Usually on these "Men Tell All"/"Women Tell All" shows, there are a few cutting comments from the villain and not much more.  These guys, on the other hand, really went at it!  ABC must have spent a fortune bleeping out all the naughty words as these guys kept arguing with each other.

Alex once again looked like a mini-troublemaker (especially in that clip of him sitting in the over-sized chair!), and Grant and Wells seemed to think they were the classroom monitors, telling everyone else how to behave better.

Chad was the highlight of the show.  His comments were on-target about Robbie and Jordan, and he managed to swat all the other guys' comments away easily.  Was that Santa Claus trying to fight him?  That must have been the longest commercial break ever for him, as he apparently stood there, waiting to go back on-air, while Chad just sat there smirking at him.  Chad made him look totally foolish.

I can't believe the bloopers didn't include the insane man/horse love scene from JoJo and Alex's date.  That was the funniest thing I've ever seen on this show.

• Love 15
(edited)

Luke got much more applause from the studio audience than Chase did, and his interview was hands-down more Bachelor-esque, so I'm sure the gig is his unless he turns it down. He's actually grown on me in the past few episodes, so I hope he can keep that up as a lead.

Chad's spiel has gotten really old for me, so I didn't enjoy the focus on him. Alex was even more annoying on TMTA than he was on the show. He's probably bitter that he wasn't asked to be on BIP3.

Thanks to his mom, Vinny will be living the rest of his life in celibacy.

ETA: Every time JoJo keeps repeating that her "love language" is "words of affirmation" she sounds more and more like an idiot. How has living your life by a gimmicky self-help book been working out for you so far, Joj?

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, sinycalone said:

Am I just being too cynical...do you think that any of the Bachelors or Bachorettes really expect to find true love by appearing on this show?

Maybe in the first few shows (like Trista & Ryan), but after they started casting wannabe singers/songwriters, etc...AND started with all the manufactured drama (now it's mandatory to have a 'bad guy')...that's when the Bachelor and Bachelorette became a shit show. It's exactly what Chad said...a place for actors to be seen and everyone to promote themselves.

• Love 5
(edited)

One of my kid's friends was on a few seasons ago and yep, he had a business to promote.    He was such a cutie but Kaitlyn did not appreciate his more intellectual take on the world, I think.   :-)  

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, some of those guys look highly fuckable on the set. I wonder where they were before because that's the only time I found some attractive. Maybe it's because they stayed sit and I wasn't blinded by the ridiculous jeans they all keep wearing. Wells was super cute and I didn't even remember him.  Are we sure he was on the show and didn't just crash the reunion?

Edited by Pollock
English is hard you'all!
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, TVGlow said:

I have watched every episode of this series, and never has a season felt so scripted. I swear I'm watching a dramedy

Reminds me of a soap, in fact JoJo reminds me of Blair who used to be on One Live To Live (actress Kassie DePaiva)

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 1

I am still not sure I understand why she broke it off with Luke. She wasn't sure he was feeling it for her because he didn't use the word "love," despite saying how he was feeling a bunch of different ways, and then when he did use it, she thought it was a fake last minute ploy to stay on the show, or less "real." Yet Robby uses the word "love" in week three and that's not fake? I found her "just something in my gut" explanation more reasonable but I think her gut feelings are pointing her in dangerous directions. I don't think she is ready to get engaged- she seems to run from the kind of guy she says she wants. 

was Alex on BIP? If not-- why not? I found it curious they kept Chad away from the group on this show but it was ok to keep him in gen pop on BIP. Curious to see how he and Evan do on that show.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Thanks to his mom, Vinny will be living the rest of his life in celibacy.

Vinny's mom went after Dana Weiss, one of the more popular bachelor/ette bloggers on twitter, after Dana said some funny things about Vinny's hair.  She's nuts.  Fleiss missed out on a great opportunity by having her go to Paradise too where she'd interview the girls before allowing her baby boy to date them.  Just think of her with the Vegas twins!

• Love 2

While I 100 % acknowledge that all of these guys come on for self-promotion and nothing else, this is the first season I actually think some of the guys are actually into JoJo. Other seasons that I watched where the girl is the lead, I found the girl annoying and knew there's no way all these guys are into her. But JoJo is very attractive, has a fun/ bubbly personality and plays the game well. I can see some of the guys actually  being into her. On a side note, I remember last season jojo kept calling ben baaaaaabe every second, and this season she hasn't said it at all. I wonder if the producers told her to knock it off because it's annoying lol.

on another side note, Ashley I has good taste in men if nothing else. Jared and Wells would be my pick too if I was on BIP. Wells has a really good looking face.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

Was that Santa Claus trying to fight him?  That must have been the longest commercial break ever for him, as he apparently stood there, waiting to go back on-air, while Chad just sat there smirking at him.  Chad made him look totally foolish.

The show was taped last week, so he wouldn't have had to stop and wait. I agree he looked foolish.  I would love to hear from someone who was in the audience. 

I know someone who was once at a taping. They said even that is so scripted. They record them laughing, looking shocked, clapping, etc.  And they apparently go on forever!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, thejuicer said:

I like Wells but I cracked up when he gave Chad a very condescending "I hope you find redemption" speech and Chad responds with a deadpan "That means a lot to me, thank you so much. Thank you Wells I love you". 

Yes I loved that. Chad had great lines tonight, cracked up at "I'm Derek and I'm super sensitive."

My Wells crush has faded a little even though I still think he was the best looking and possibly brightest of the bunch. He came off really attention-seeking and pretentious in TMTA. I actually might be looking forward to him paired with Ashley I though as I've always liked her despite her immaturity and emotional issues. She's really pretty, says some intelligent things, and has great bikinis. Plus, anything to get her to stop whining about Jared who (sorry) has a hideous face.

Chad, on the other hand, is just endless comedy. I so appreciate him breaking the conventions of the show and saying whatever truth he wants too. YES Jordan and Robby are both insincere and YES most of those guys are there to promote themselves. Who else has ever walked onto the set and said those things out loud? They play it off as villainous behaviour, but it's so refreshing. Not to mention Chad has the best smile, facial hair, and suit game of all of them.

Glad to see kilt guy back and still wearing a kilt. He should have made it past the first week.

The end tail where they're talking about the flower nicknames just reminded me how badly I wanted Ali to stick around. His descriptions of all the guys as flowers done in macho gangster voice was amazing!

• Love 11

we all know chad is going to be back many times over. He's too valuable for the bachelor franchise to just leave it as BIP being the last we see of him. He's gonna be one of those contestants that come back on a future bachelorette show and manage to "get past security" to speak to chris harrison in order to declare his love for the future bachelorette. (ex- chris bukowski? and nick viall). 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

JoJo couldn't articulate a good smack down unless the same person who wrote the, "My language of love is words of affirmation," line scripted it for her.

Brilliant. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The Chad is like the human personification of week old hair gel. That being said, he is pretty entertaining, in an awful way, and he totally called Jojo making terrible choices for her final two. Looking at all the other guys, it just makes her choice even more baffling, as a lot of them come off as smarter, more likable, and better looking than boring attention seeking Jordan and Robby. And they didn't all look exactly alike, down to the same flippy hair style, unlike her finally four, or, as I like to call them, The Clone Army. 

I was SO wanting Jojo to finally take down Chad, but, of course, shes got nothing. No script writer could have thrown out a cue card for her to read off screen? And I like Jojo! Well, I like Jojo mostly. Her tendency to fake cry and not handle her last two ditchings well has made me a little less forgiving towards her, but she seems nice enough in general. 

Luke is so totally the next Bachelor. They might have just said it right then and there. I still have no idea why Jojo dumped him, other than her apparent fetish for assholes with sports backgrounds.   

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 12

Evan - looking like the weasel he was with replaying the video. Absolutely hilarious.

Chad - he is funny and some things he says are true. But he pushes it too far. There is honest and downright mean and he is over the line. Spent about 20 minutes too much on him. Also, he kept picking on JoJo's final two but is that fair? We all know lots about both men that wasn't information that was available to her when she was going through it. 

Derek - how the guys attacked the "reassurance" rose was ridiculous and I'm kind of glad that came up and she defended him.

Alex - got his comeuppance as an ass who moved from one fight to another, just calling people out. Luke's statement there on him also being in the military and maturing and learning how to deal with that conflict was pretty darn good.

• Love 14
(edited)
20 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

Luke's statement there on him also being in the military and maturing and learning how to deal with that conflict was pretty darn good.

That's what sold me on Luke being the next Bachelor. It has seemed fairly obvious already, but the calm way he handled that was just icing on the cake.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 11

In shallow news, Vinnie looked 100 percent better with his new haircut (but Mom was just a stupid interruption) and I thought Santa Nick looked very hot--has he been working out? Wells failed me--he was fun on the show for me but not so much here. I withdraw my support for him to ever be the Bachelor and give those delegate votes to Luke who has reclaimed me heart. I cannot see Chase in that role, however.

• Love 2

Way too much Chad focus. He seems psycho going after everynes girlfriends to try and get dirt and why should anyone believe the girfriends who are selling their story to the tabloids too?

I think Luke will be chosen.

• Love 4
(edited)
28 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

In shallow news, Vinnie looked 100 percent better with his new haircut (but Mom was just a stupid interruption) and I thought Santa Nick looked very hot--has he been working out? Wells failed me--he was fun on the show for me but not so much here. I withdraw my support for him to ever be the Bachelor and give those delegate votes to Luke who has reclaimed me heart. I cannot see Chase in that role, however.

Vinny, St. Nick and Derek all live near each in south Florida so maybe one of Derek/Nick helped Vinny get a better hair cut? 

And I broke up with Wells as my TV boyfriend last night as he came off soooooooo fake with his superior knowledge compared to the others.  But it seems he's still popular so I'm sure the show will continue to open doors for him, maybe even getting a radio hosting gig in a bigger market than Nashville.  

Chase knows he has zero chance of being the next lead as long as Luke is in the running so I think that's why he could barely feign any interest at the MTA.  He's just biding  his time to hit the reject circuit since he had to miss out on BiP 3.0.  He's already hanging out with Leah in Denver and I'm guessing he's looking forward to meeting more of the ladies from the franchise. 

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I think Luke will be chosen.

If it's indeed Luke, I'll watch the first episode to see the ladies and I would most probably be out. I just don't like the guy and don't find him attractive. To be honest, it's really slim pickings on JoJo's men. If there's a time to go back to older seasons for the new lead, now is the time actually. They skipped Ben's ladies, and IMO, there were some good ones there. 

• Love 5