Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: Week 8

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

Chase, come on. I finally liked you and then you had to come back and "apologize" for, what exactly?, not thanking Jojo for dumping you? Weak, dude.

Serious *eyeroll* at Jojo's description of dumping Chase: "He was angry and confused. It was really hard for me." 

How ridiculous was that?

11 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Robby calls her Joelle now so he's special. She did him in the fantasy suite. I could tell by the way they were acting.

Jor Jor Binks got some ass in the fantasy suite as well. Nothing he says seems sincere though. He's a terrible actor.

Oh ya!  The whole sleeping with different men on consecutive nights is just so gross to me.

23 minutes ago, backformore said:

On the flip side, a little part of me wonders if there are guys who wanted out - who weren't falling in love, and wanted to be cut.  And the producers told them - Tell her you love her, then she can dump you. Otherwise, you'll get one of those embarrassing "left on a mountain in the snow"  endings. 

There was an interview with one of the guys who was let go on the first night.  He wished her the best and left.  He tells the interviewer that he was shown a picture of a younger woman and since he was much younger than Jo he was relieved to go home.  He said there was about 5 of the men in the same situation.

17 minutes ago, backformore said:

I think the Fantasy Suite card should read "you made it this far, you can fuck now. we won't watch, here's the key. Love, Chris H."

ROFLMAO.  This is why these posts are better than the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

There was an interview with one of the guys who was let go on the first night.  He wished her the best and left.  He tells the interviewer that he was shown a picture of a younger woman and since he was much younger than Jo he was relieved to go home.  He said there was about 5 of the men in the same situation.

JoJo is 25-how much younger could the guys be 16? I find it hard to believe guys would thnk JoJo is too old.

I think that interview might be referring to a different season, I read something about Meredith's season in the media thread that talks about that. I didn't see that season, but from what I hear, she was 31 and the guys were in their early 20s. 

Jordan seemingly figured out early on that Jojo loves possessive and authoritative physical affection, and that is extremely easy to provide, so he goes ahead and throws a bent arm around her neck and pulls her all the way into him and Jojo practically shines with heart eyes thinking of how much he must love her to do that. 

I was noticing that last night, he really goes in for that quasi-headlock style of physical affection, huh? I keep waiting for him to give her a noogie. 

• Love 6

Listen, JoJo is annoying me too with the way she is so blinded by assholes and charming words, however I can't get mad at how she's letting the guys go. I say this only because in real life, of course she wouldn't do what she did to chase or luke or whoever else there was. But this show is literally designed to lead 24 guys on and genuinely like 1 or none of the guys. If she didn't let them go how she did or lead them on how she did, the producers would have dropped her from the get go as a bachelorette. It is the fault of the producers for having no heart and creating a show that goes like this. That being said, the girl really does have the worst taste in men. Jordan and robby both scream ingenuine, and based on what I'm seeing this season, there is no way in hell she was actually into Ben. She isn't into nice guys ( which ben was). She's into the laid back jerks who have no interest in her and cant even answer a question directly. Girls like her bug me because how do you find the way they are acting more appealing than the way luke or chase was acting? Not to mention the 2 guys left are a couple of the least attractive on the show to me. I'm not even saying that luke or chase are good guys cuz who knows? They might just be better actors. After all, realistically, who would genuinely go on a show like this to find real love? People go on this show for fame/ money/ traveling. So I honestly don't put insincerity against any of these guys. But to go for these 2 in particular just shows why shes still single. ( which btw, I don't think she minds). I think she's just as into it for the fame as any of the guys are.

I don't know what answers these guys could give which would make people happy. If they say, I have my entire future planned out we would know they are lying, no one has their future lined up at 27 years old.  The show won't allow them to say "I find you attractive and want to take it slow". I actually think Jordan is being pretty honest by saying he cares for JoJo but doesn't know exactly what will happen in the future. These people barely know each other. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Listen, JoJo is annoying me too with the way she is so blinded by assholes and charming words, however I can't get mad at how she's letting the guys go. I say this only because in real life, of course she wouldn't do what she did to chase or luke or whoever else there was. But this show is literally designed to lead 24 guys on and genuinely like 1 or none of the guys. If she didn't let them go how she did or lead them on how she did, the producers would have dropped her from the get go as a bachelorette. It is the fault of the producers for having no heart and creating a show that goes like this. That being said, the girl really does have the worst taste in men. Jordan and robby both scream ingenuine, and based on what I'm seeing this season, there is no way in hell she was actually into Ben. She isn't into nice guys ( which ben was). She's into the laid back jerks who have no interest in her and cant even answer a question directly. Girls like her bug me because how do you find the way they are acting more appealing than the way luke or chase was acting? Not to mention the 2 guys left are a couple of the least attractive on the show to me. I'm not even saying that luke or chase are good guys cuz who knows? They might just be better actors. After all, realistically, who would genuinely go on a show like this to find real love? People go on this show for fame/ money/ traveling. So I honestly don't put insincerity against any of these guys. But to go for these 2 in particular just shows why shes still single. ( which btw, I don't think she minds). I think she's just as into it for the fame as any of the guys are.

The producers designed the show to let the guys go at the rose ceremonies or on the one-on-one dates. She let Alex go when they told him in no uncertain terms that it was a date with no rose so he could relax. What she did to Chase was just mean. Like somebody else said, she didn't have to sleep with him. But she didn't have to make a fool of him either. I don't think the producers should allow the lead to do whatever they want. It's a game with a rose elimination. That's what's supposed to happen. Now the show is just willy nilly with no rules. They probably think it's more interesting this way but I don't think it is. I'd rather see the date and then wonder will she or won't she at the rose ceremonies or on the dates with a rose involved. 

• Love 5

My husband calls Robby the plastic Ken doll. His hair wasn't even messed up after a night in the Fantasy Suite! He gives off such an insincere vibe - neither of us trust him. I don't know about Jordan. And the whole family thing with Aaron is weird... A made for TV drama??

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't know if this is new, or if I'm only just noticing it now, but I really need them to turn down the lip mics because I cannot deal with the loud smacking noises whenever anyone is (constantly! endlessly!) making out with JoJo. Yuck. 

Edited to add: The monkey bloopers over the credits were the best part of the episode. Monkey Bachelor 2017 campaign starts here! 

Edited by alannaofdoom
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, alannaofdoom said:

I don't know if this is new, or if I'm only just noticing it now, but I really need them to turn down the lip mics because I cannot deal with the loud smacking noises whenever anyone is (constantly! endlessly!) making out with JoJo. Yuck. 

That is the reason my mom won't watch the show lol. It's obnoxious. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

The producers designed the show to let the guys go at the rose ceremonies or on the one-on-one dates. She let Alex go when they told him in no uncertain terms that it was a date with no rose so he could relax. What she did to Chase was just mean. Like somebody else said, she didn't have to sleep with him. But she didn't have to make a fool of him either. I don't think the producers should allow the lead to do whatever they want. It's a game with a rose elimination. That's what's supposed to happen. Now the show is just willy nilly with no rules. They probably think it's more interesting this way but I don't think it is. I'd rather see the date and then wonder will she or won't she at the rose ceremonies or on the dates with a rose involved. 

Right. That is how they designed it for the first 20 seasons. But the way the show has evolved ( I admit, for the worse), the last few seasons they want to amp up the drama and let the guys or girls go in a more cruel way. I don't agree with it and I admit, the way she dumped chase was really harsh. However, her season was pretty boring and lacked drama, so I believe what happened with chase was a set up, as is the rest of the show. What someone said above is actually quite true. This show doesnt allow the contestants to say i want to take things slow and see where it goes. So if a guy doesn't tell JoJo how in love with her they are after just a couple weeks, they are looked at as disingenuous when in fact it is more disingenuous of the guy to be madly in love with the girl and want to marry her after 2 weeks (because you know in real life these guys would not be in such a hurry to get married and declare their love. Unfortunately for the contestants, it's a lose lose situation. This show is so formulaic, that I knew she was gonna dump Chase on the date before they even started their date. It's just too much with the same lines every single season. I really wish the producers would allow the leads to say different lines rather than the same robotic ones every season. It's too predictable and not realistic

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm really starting to wonder about Robbie since he's been giving JoJo the googly eyes for a couple of episodes now. Is it:

a) He's a far better actor than Jordan

b) He's been Stockholm Syndrome'd into believing he's really in love with this girl

c) He's doing his best to be the most "in love" and thus the most heartbroken which practically guarentees the Bachelor gig most years. If so, too bad he didn't see Luke's audition...he seemed to have sealed the deal (which saddens me deeply)

Chase really got to me over the past couple of weeks....I wasn't really caring about any of these guys but Chase somehow snuck in there and I realized that I actually liked him. Right before he was unceremoniously dumped! Sometimes I really hate this show. 

That pan up to the monkey scratching itself right after showing the awkwardest trio ever drinking champagne literally had me rolling with laughter well after the show ended. 

Edited by PetuniaP
  • Love 4

She's clearly going to pick Jordan.  She's way more into him than he is into her.  Maybe she thinks she can help him repair his relationship with his brother and then she'd be a step away from a higher up celebrity status.  He's not going to propose.  They're going to "see how it goes", and we will learn the day after the finale airs that they have already broken up.  Sound familiar?

Jordan is a tool.  And Jo Jo deserves every bit of "heartache" that's coming her way.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I actually think Jordan is being pretty honest by saying he cares for JoJo but doesn't know exactly what will happen in the future. These people barely know each other. 

Agree that Jordan seems genuinely infatuated with JoJo. He obviously hasn't moved into the "she's my person" stage that Lauren and Ben had, but that's hardly a crime after a few weeks. I think if they'd met in real life, they could've dated for a year or so, but the stress of the show and all the bad press are probably too much for what they have.

Robbie, on the other hand, seems less into JoJo than a random first date off the street would be.

If she really wanted love, she'd have done much better with Luke or Chase, no question. 

• Love 1

They're trying to make it unpredictable by allowing the leads to send people home without the rose ceremony or date rose, but in doing so they are actually making it pretty predictable. All they have to do is play dramatic music and show her pouty face and it's obvious that she's sending whoever home. If we had to wait for an actual ceremony, at least there would still be some measure of doubt. For example, Alex's date went pretty well with the horses. Maybe there were awkward moments but as viewers we would still be wondering which part of the date outweighed the other. By letting her send him home, they took the suspense away. Why should we look forward to a rose ceremony when she already sent the guy home? 

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't see any bachelors in this group. Do you remember Zak Waddell from Desire's season? I don't know why they didn't chose him, but he would be great bachelor.

Edited by Knevz
  • Love 1

At the very beginning of this episode (at the airplane hanger) with her dramatic fall into a crouch on the runway as she wrestles with "WHAT TO DO" all I could think was "man my dress would rip right down my backside if I did that." What do they make those dresses out of, anyway?

• Love 9

Does anyone remember JoJo's nutcase family????  The parents and those 2 over-aggressive brothers?  Also, do you recall the veritable mansion her family lives in?  I read that her parents are both physicians and there was some "blending" ...not sure another marriage of the mother/father???  Both parents had a very weird appearance.  Wonder how the 2 final beaux fare with this cast of characters?  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Knevz said:

I don't see any bachelors in this company. Do you remember Zak Waddell from Desire season. I don't know why they didn't chose him, but he would be great bachelor.

Looks like he got married last year, so someone agrees with you! 

• Love 4

Yeah, JoJo had a choice on the Chase thing. She could have quietly gone into the fantasy suite; cuddled and told him it wasn't going to happen privately. So she is culpable. She chose the dramatic way that would crush him so much worse. 

• Love 4

I can't comprehend why JoJo had to hear someone say ILY before she knew if she had any feelings for that guy. Is that a phrase that sets off some hormone that I don't know about? Chase had the best line of the night, that he "got skewered" after telling her ILY. Then his "is this my fantasy suite?" as he got into the back of the getaway car. I dislike JoJo making breaking Chase's (and Luke's) heart all about HER, how it's so hard for HER. But then again, that's SOP for this show.

Chase returning to the rose ceremony to apologize to JoJo for having hurt feelings and telling her "thanks for showing me I can love again" was his audition for next Bach, which he passed with flying colors. Sorry everyone who wants Luke, my money is on Chase as next TB.

• Love 2
(edited)

I actually said "WTH!?!" out loud when Jordan walked down the steps to the rose ceremony wearing stretch Capri/yoga pants and woman's flats. Holy cow! The Robbie shows up wearing his own stretch Capris. Only Chase, when he crashed the party, was wearing Man Pants. Another reason he will be Bach ... normal men clothes and hair!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 6

Best scene of the night was Chase leaving the rose ceremony by the lower garden path and being chased (Chase-d!) by the monkey that was surely going to pounce on him. Would love to see THAT footage!

33 minutes ago, Knevz said:

I don't see any bachelors in this group. Do you remember Zak Waddell from Desire's season? I don't know why they didn't chose him, but he would be great bachelor.

Maybe they could have Zak and Carly on together for the first ever brother/sister version of the bachelor/ette.

10 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Sorry everyone who wants Luke, my money is on Chase as next TB.

I like Chase more than Luke, so I really hope he's the next TB. There's just something off with Luke for me, not just last night, but the entire season. Then with his exit last night, I don't know if he's trying hard to be sad, but couldn't be sad enough, or he's really shell shocked and felt gut-punched. His line "I wanted to fall in love with you...." tells me he's not feeling it for JoJo (which is totally fine), but that he was forcing himself so he could go farther, and now he has to go and it wasn't part of the plan.

God, this has been an exhausting and not fun to watch season. I thought JoJo would do ok - she's certainly part of the problem, but so are the guys. Casting really let her down. There's just so much meh and sleaze from these guys, there's no one you could genuinely root for. And the ones that you could root for - Chase (and to some, Luke), she got rid back-to-back. Usually at this point, there's one enough likeable guy that most everyone agrees on.

Good luck to Jojo and her 2-month engagement, to whoever it may be. I just don't see her lasting for a long time with either one. But hey, I didn't think Kaitlyn and Shawn would last either, but they have. So who knows.

(edited)

So I'm re-watching the Robby fantasy suite portion.  She full on said that she was going to have sex with him. That's cute. 

ETA: Jordan basically eluded to the same thing. These people are super classy. 

Edited by Workslame
3 hours ago, Kendra143 said:

My husband calls Robby the plastic Ken doll. His hair wasn't even messed up after a night in the Fantasy Suite! He gives off such an insincere vibe - neither of us trust him. I don't know about Jordan. And the whole family thing with Aaron is weird... A made for TV drama??

His hair and comforter weren't messed up at all but the pillows sure were.  Really made me wonder exactly what happened before room service was delivered...

7 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't see Luke as the bachelor at all.  I find him unattractive and boring.

It's not that all of us want him to be, he just seems to be the most likely candidate.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, pdlinda1 said:

Does anyone remember JoJo's nutcase family????  The parents and those 2 over-aggressive brothers?  Also, do you recall the veritable mansion her family lives in?  I read that her parents are both physicians and there was some "blending" ...not sure another marriage of the mother/father???  Both parents had a very weird appearance.  Wonder how the 2 final beaux fare with this cast of characters?  

The father is a physician, but the mom is a nurse-practitioner (Though I think she does have a PHD).  And there are 4 other half-siblings, not just 2.  Mom had the 2 older boys and dad has an older boy & girl.  JoJo came along afterwards. 

Though the half-sister was pretty much absent on the HTD with Ben.  She probably knew what a travesty it all was. 

15 hours ago, Dr Epi said:

I get that ILY come out at the end, but this seems to be an abnormally high # of them.  I tend to think of them for just the F2, not the F4.  Have there been other seasons where all of the F4 have said it? (Especially the men?)

Emily set the modern gold standard when she got all of her Final 4s to say ILYs. I think the more competitive appeasing Ettes try to get all F4s to say ILYs and get at least 2 of them to get down on one knee by the end of the season.

God, I had to turn this off about halfway through, as it was so boring!  I think I'm in for the MTA episode tonight, then the ATFR episode.  Otherwise, it's all just too fake and dull.  And I cannot look at Jordan's ugly face anymore.

The highlight of this season = Chad.  That is all.  And as entertaining as Chad is, he left too soon and the season just fell apart for me.

• Love 5
(edited)

Luke has the most compelling story:  

"This brave military officer-turned musician has seen more than his share of tragedy. Can the warm embrace of a good woman bring him back to life and put a love song in his heart?  Tune in this fall for the next season on The Bachelor."

Chase's story: Parents got divorced & he sells medical stuff.  And has a house.  He's nice. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

JoJo may be a twit, but she's a good-looking twit.  Can't blame Chase for feeling the way he did.  He thought he was going to get lucky and finally see those gravity defying puppies unleashed, but instead he gets sent home for saying what he thinks she wants to hear.  Sigh.  I also agree that his apology was producer driven and totally manufactured.  I can just picture him waiting behind the wall, and then the producer says, "ok now!" just as JoJo is explaining she sent him home.

We all know now that these showmances never work.  And I guess seeing the disappointment on Jordan's face when he realized that she feels the same way about him as she does about Robby really brings that home.  What guy would want to be dating a woman on is constantly swiping right on Tinder?  Imagine you're on a date with a woman  and she's openly telling you that she's dating multiple other people.  How would that be attractive to you?  I think for some of these guys, they just want to have fun and get to the fantasy suite.  Obviously this is no big revelation, but it just was so apparent last night.

In the early seasons, there was always some mystery about the fantasy suite.  Did they, or didn't they?  Now, it's so apparently obvious that she sleeps with each guy.  Robby and Jordan wake up without a shirt on, they're eating breakfast without a shirt on, Jordan cracks a wry smile about "last night was so awesome", etc.  At least Robby acknowledged that he knew she was dating other guys that week and he was trying not to think about it and get it out of his mind.  I suppose until the ring is on the finger, she can do whatever and to whomever she wants.

I will not watch next season if it is Luke.  He's boring.  He's got this constant pensive look on him that is distracting.

• Love 2

Oh, Pickles, thanks (NOT!) for reminding me about Jordan's pronouns. When they were walking up that hill and his VO kept talking about "Me and JoJo's relationship," that was the worst. All I could think of was, this guy went to university WHERE? And did he even HAVE an English class at that high school we got to visit last week? So much pain. And speaking of their date, what's up with dates to some obscure temple where women have to cover themselves and no one can kiss, yet there were no people around anywhere and not much of anything else, either. The same date was done on some other season, maybe Sean/Catherine since they rode off on an elephant at the end of their season.

• Love 1

She's got Ashley I beat for tears, and Ashley had Chris's season and BIP 2.

And according to the promos for this season of BiP, Ashley I will be with us again.  And the blonde twins. ugh

• Love 1

I thought JoJo would do ok - she's certainly part of the problem, but so are the guys. Casting really let her down. There's just so much meh and sleaze from these guys, there's no one you could genuinely root for. 

I thought the latter as soon as Reality Steve posted early information on the guys. RS also mentioned recently that he thought 90% (if not more) of the people cast are found via agents/publicists. So yeah, models, people interested in building show biz-related careers--as long as they look pretty good, anything else (like depth, brains, personality, etc.) seems to be beside the point. At least, that's my perception. 

As for JoJo, she's young and she wants to give producers the show they want. She's not doing a horrible job, AFAIC, and I think she's probably established a good "I'm pleasant and cooperative to work with" foundation for a future career in show biz, if that's what her aim is. The problem is JoJo did not get the greatest group of guys to pick from, IMHO, *plus* she appears to be just blown away by Jordan and doesn't have the ability to hide that like, say, Trista did back on her season. (Trista wanted Ryan but was able to be discreet instead of just hanging all over him, so you didn't 100% know who it would be.)  

(edited)

In the early seasons, there was always some mystery about the fantasy suite.  Did they, or didn't they?  Now, it's so apparently obvious that she sleeps with each guy. 

You can blame Kaitlyn Bristowe for that. The series and contestants used to be very coy about what went on in those "Fantasy Suites" even though rumors started circulating as early as Bob's season.  The show did little to conceal that Claire and Juan Pablo did it in the ocean well before final 3. But once Kaitlyn behaved like a red-blooded woman who is incredibly attracted to a man and took Nick to bonetown early, the cat was officially out of the bag. 

Edited by PetuniaP
  • Love 2

The faces on the two guys when Chase crashed the rose ceremony were pretty telling. Robbie was all, hey, what's up? while Jordan's eyes turned black and he was not happy at all seeing Chase return. He also was very clearly not happy about JoJo proclaiming she loved both of them equally. His face said he had this win sewn up and now maybe he doesn't. Not a good look. Although his capri tights and women's flats weren't such a great look, either.

• Love 2

I hope Luke watched last night and appreciated the editing he got for his exit. JoJo went from collapsing in tears, unable to stand, missing him already, did she do the wrong thing, that was SO HARD to next scene: Thailand! I'm so happy! I am in love with three wonderful guys! My life has never been better! (Luke WHO?)

• Love 6