Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: Week 8

• Start Topic

The rose ceremony after the hometown dates continues and one man is sent home.  Later, JoJo and the three remaining bachelors fly to Thailand for their exotic overnight dates, where JoJo realizes she's in love with two men.

Jojo is the worst at fake crying.   She could barely squeak out one fake sob while dumping Chase.  

And who thinks going to someplace hotter than Hades is romantic?  They are all sweaty and pit stained.  Not a good look.   Right now it's hot where I live and I don't want to leave the AC.

• Love 15
(edited)

Oh, I dunno. I think JoJo - even without tears - does a good job making each guy feel special, even while she's dumping him... I can't dislike her. 

Loved how Chase, on his exit from the Fantasy Suite, suddenly had a beer (I choose to think it was a beer) in his hand. And then he walked up to the departure van and said, "Is this my fantasy suite?" I think Chase has a lot more going on upstairs than I gave him credit for.

You can't really feel sorry for Chase, either. He's always seemed like a nice, decent, standup sort of guy, and after this episode especially, he'll have so many cute women wanting to meet him he'll be like a kid in a candy store.

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 18

Is JoJo going to choose Jordan or NotJordan#1?  It's SO suspenseful, especially since she dumped NotJordan#2 AND NotJordan#3 back-to-back.

I think the Word of the Day was "scary/scared".  Everything about this episode was scary to JoJo.  She was downright sick to her stomach (several times).  She was scared of falling in love; she was scared of falling in love with 2 men; she was scared of falling in love with 3 men--so she didn't.  Not only that, Jordan and the NotJordans were also scared of everything happening around them (including the monkeys).  Was it Halloween in Thailand when they were filming?

Was Jordan wearing capri pants at the final rose ceremony?!?!

• Love 19

I'm sure Chase's return was a deliberate attempt on his part to salvage his image, but I still think it was classy and well done.  I think his ultimate downfall was that he had a real job.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, TomGirl said:

I'm sure Chase's return was a deliberate attempt on his part to salvage his image, but I still think it was classy and well done.  I think his ultimate downfall was that he had a real job.

Which doesn't make sense because he didn't do anything wrong. He had a human reaction to JoJo essentially leading him on, which yes is a part of the show, and I don't think JoJo did it maliciously, but these guys are still human. He wasn't out of line with how he reacted IMO.

Robby makes my skin crawl every time he's onscreen. He gives me stalker vibes.

• Love 24

It is absolutely exhausting watching JoJo.  She goes careening from happyhappyhappy, OMG isn't it crazy? to stage-five clingy to meltdown and back to happyhappyhappy in about 6.7 seconds.   

She's got Ashley I beat for tears, and Ashley had Chris's season and BIP 2.  

• Love 13

Robbie's hair.  A perfect coiff even waking up.  It's fascinating.  

I did like the fact that Jojo strung all the guys along during the show,,but not at the end with Chase.   And the crying, it's so self-serving.  

Annoys me that she presents the sins of her past boyfriends for the others to make up for.  Stop whining.. such a turn off you still boo-hooing over past dumps. 

Sleep with all three then send one home at the RC like you're supposed to.   Kiss-kiss bye-bye. Ugh 20 mnutes of your bullshit 'I'm sorry don't hate me" weep.  

• Love 5

Luke actually looked like he was kicked in the gut and very shocked. He actually went pale. I thought he was about to barf. I'm almost certain, after that reaction, that he's the next bachelor. And can you even believe that he actually thought his actions told her that he was in love with her? Who thinks like that? 

Jojo's fake cry/whine with fake sniffles grates on my nerves like nothing else. She's like "Uh-huh-hu-huhuh-HUH! *sniff*". And repeat. Add in, "I don't know what I'm doing." Girl, shut up.

Robby calls her Joelle now so he's special. She did him in the fantasy suite. I could tell by the way they were acting.

Jor Jor Binks got some ass in the fantasy suite as well. Nothing he says seems sincere though. He's a terrible actor.

Jojo keeps saying how much fun she's having with Chase and not talking about how she can't keep her hands off of him like she was saying about Jordan. Friend zone. The whole time Chase was talking at dinner, she had this vacant stare. Not listening. Thinking about Robby's dick, I'm sure. At one point, I knew she had no idea what he was saying so she just kissed him. 

So he says he loves her, like she says she wants in every fucking episode, and then she immediately sends him home. Then chases after him whining when he tries to leave, "I'm sorry! I don't know how to do this uh-huh-hu huh *sniff*".He was right when he said, "it's like pulling my pants down and kicking me in the nuts." Yeah exactly. Your pants were so close to being pulled down. Sorry you didn't get it in. I truly am. Then he says, "Why did I do that? I'm embarrassed. .... And heartbroken." You better say heartbroken so that you can be the next bachelor.

I loved his reaction and I really don't know why he had to pussy out and go back to the rose ceremony to apologize and profess his undying love again. Then again, he probably did that because his reaction may have come across as too harsh for the next bachelor, so he had to try to correct his mistake. 

chris Harrison asks Jordan how he feels walking into the rose ceremony and he says he's confident because of the intimacy and closeness. I get that you can have intimacy in many ways in life but after a fantasy suite, maybe "intimate" wasn't the best choice of wording.

Robby's answer about his time off camera was that he got to see a side of JoJo that you don't see until you're behind closed doors. I bet he did. I can guess which "side" that was. Probably the underside.

Nice try acting surprised when Chase showed up at the rose ceremony, Jojo. Acting is not your forte.

• Love 18

I've been TeamLuke from the start, but now I'm wondering if it was planned since the start that he'd be The Bachelor. Thinking back, everything about the relationship was so over the top -- JoJo not being able to keep her hands off him, the horse date to have Luke show off his cowboy background, the carefully orchestrated mega-dramatic breakup. If so, bravo to the show. You got me hooked and wanting more of him.

Still can't stand Robby, but I can't put my finger on it. It's like everything he says or does is premeditated. That said, in real life, he may be absolutely stunning, with the swimmer physique and chiseled features. He should model. 

Jordan is the least attractive of the 4 - IMO - but makes up for it in extreme self-confidence. I think he's got this in the bag.

Oh Chase. I was just getting comfortable rooting for you. He's the most approachable, most normal one of the bunch. Sense of humor with the fish, handsome without being too pretty, athletic without being cocky. Like someone said above, he'll do just fine in the real world if he's really looking for Love. Unfortunately I don't think he has enough of a story to lead a show (especially not compared to a hot West Point war veteran / cowboy / musician) 

I actually thought JoJo's reactions were pretty normal for anyone in this situation. While much of the show is manufactured, the feelings must still be overwhelming. The tears seemed real when she was breaking up with Luke, and it seemed she genuinely wanted to be in love with him (and Chase). I had originally wanted Caila for this season, but JoJo's won me over.

• Love 3
(edited)

Luke is the Bachelor for sure. He did the "punched in the gut" look so well. The perfect "coming back from heart break, ready for love again" story.  

Jordan was definitely wearing form fitting, ladies Capri pants. Not a good look. 

I noticed the frequent Ben mentions,too.  too much, jojo!  Move on!

robbie is clearly in the friend zone. 

Edited by awaken
  • Love 5

Does JoJo keep mentioning Ben because he dumped her instead of the other way around? Is she one of those girls that always does the dumping, so that's why she can't comprehend Ben dumping her?

• Love 2
(edited)

Tonight's show was a complete and total mess with KhloJo crying at the drop of a hat. She sent home the one guy with an actual JOB while keeping blonde Snooki/Michael Phelps wannabe and Aaron Rodgers's loser knock kneed brother. Whomever she chooses, she won't make it to the altar with either of them.

As for Luke, sign him up to be the next Bachelor. Immediately!

Edited by Nedsdag
Emphasis on on the word job
  • Love 11
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Does JoJo keep mentioning Ben because he dumped her instead of the other way around? Is she one of those girls that always does the dumping, so that's why she can't comprehend Ben dumping her?

Perhaps, but I actually think it's the opposite for her in real life. If her relationship and attraction to Jordan is any indicator, my bet is that she tends to go after men that are not as into her as she is into them. I don't know her in real life (obviously), so I can only speculate, but I think she might be one of those women that chases after men because she mistakenly interprets the volatility/uncertainty of such relationships as "sparks" and "passion." I don't actually believe that Ben would have been her type in real life, but in the Bachelor bubble, it fits the same pattern of him being the challenge she has to win over.

I thought it was telling that in that infamous bathroom conversation (after Ben shared with her that he also loved Lauren) that she said something along the lines of, "I'm so tired of competing!" Add to the fact that in earlier conversations about her ex, she talked about how he was never completely available to her. Basically, I think she keeps going after dudes that she knows aren't as into her, with the mistaken belief that she can somehow change their minds.

Just look at her with Jordan -- she is constantly seeking reassurance and validation from him, most likely because he's not really giving it to her. Yes, he's saying all the right things, but just from my experience as a girl dating in general, you know when a guy is really invested in you. And you know when he isn't. And right now, I just feel like Jordan is acting (and struggling with it, at that). He always looks so stumped when she asks him fairly straightforward questions, almost like he wants to throw up his hands and be like, "Look, I said ILY right? Can you just drop it and move forward, so we can enjoy our 15 minutes of fame before breaking up when I find someone hotter and/or more famous?" I think JoJo realizes this on some level (which is why we keep getting the questioning of "but howwww do you know it's forever?!!!") but is unwilling to accept it, because she's still falling into that same trap of wanting to win over the unavailable/disinterested dudes over the ones who really like her.

Edited by lavenderpenguin
  • Love 19

JoJo kept mentioning Ben as her excuse for everything.  She gets emotional because of Ben.  She pulls back because of Ben.  She got hurt because of Ben.  She doesn't want to hurt others because of Ben. 

Ben = She takes NO responsibility for her behavior. 

• Love 12

Since when do people confuse lust for love?  We have seen 4 guys this episode all tell JoJo that they love her when, at best, since they have had no private time to be with her before they said that, they are just in lust.

And is it now a requirement to say that you are in love with the lead in order to get ahead?  Makes everything seem so much more fake and juvenile.

No way 4 guys are actually "in love."  One might be, maybe 2.  The others are just lustful. (Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just wrong when you confuse lust with love.)

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Dr Epi said:

Since when do people confuse lust for love?  We have seen 4 guys this episode all tell JoJo that they love her when, at best, since they have had no private time to be with her before they said that, they are just in lust.

And is it now a requirement to say that you are in love with the lead in order to get ahead?  Makes everything seem so much more fake and juvenile.

No way 4 guys are actually "in love."  One might be, maybe 2.  The others are just lustful. (Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just wrong when you confuse lust with love.)

To be honest, I highly doubt any of them (including JoJo herself) are actually in love. It's just tradition to break out the big ILYs during either the hometowns or the FS episodes. 

Edited by lavenderpenguin
  • Love 3

I get that ILY come out at the end, but this seems to be an abnormally high # of them.  I tend to think of them for just the F2, not the F4.  Have there been other seasons where all of the F4 have said it? (Especially the men?)

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, lavenderpenguin said:

I think she might be one of those women that chases after men because she mistakenly interprets the volatility/uncertainty of such relationships as "sparks" and "passion."

Lavenderpenguin, where in the hell were you for the first 20 years of my dating life?

This should be embroidered on throw pillows and given to every girl on her 13th birthday.

• Love 15

Is JoJo the problem or this tired, thread bare sofa on the curb show? I am only watching her date with Jordan now, skipped the others.  Did she have sex with any of them?  

• Love 1

Is JoJo the problem or this tired, thread bare sofa on the curb show? I am only watching her date with Jordan now, skipped the others.  Did she have sex with any of them?  

She had sex with Jordan and Robby. 

JoJo is remarkably immature for someone her age.  She really has no business dating anyone until she grows up a bit.  Despite having past relationship experience, she is as clueless as a teenager.  If she's on this show for her 15 min of fame, then picking Jordan would be her best bet.  However, if she's looking for true love, then she really screwed up by not picking Chase. 

• Love 8

All her no tears  sobbing and crying is really annoying.

I think Luke will be The Bachelor.

Was Jordan wearing capri pants at the final rose ceremony?!?!

It was a billion degrees, don't blame him at all. He probably would have worn shorts if wardrobe allowed it.

• Love 3

What i've seen week over week, and this is my theory, is that she went in with a strategy of "when they tell me they love me, I'll decide how I feel about them based on my reaction". Chase, James,  etc. (there were more but i've forgotten their names.)

So going in, the first guy (Jordan right?) had better chances. Because as sincere as any human can be, hearing ILY for the 10th time in 5 weeks from different guys can't possibly have the impact the 10th time as it did the first. I'm probably over analyzing but I find it so weird that she leaves her analysis of how she really feels up to this reaction to a little phrase. 

• Love 6

JoJo: "When did it become so hard to fall in love?"

You're talking about, like,  "love" Jojo. Doesn't that just happen, you know, all the time? And then that whole "till death do us part". Easy, peasy, right? You're "in love" with two already. What's one more?

It's so obvious that ("love" aside) JoJo wants to be a couple with Jordan (and has from the beginning) and that Robby is there because she needs two people.   I don't think she's thinking at all about not hurting him "like Ben did to me". I think she's enjoying the on-camera ego boost and playing the game (just as Ben did). 

She's so fake, but Jordan is, too (and neither of them can act), so maybe they're perfect for each other.

• Love 7
(edited)

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but from what I saw, Chase couldn't have cared less about a "love journey" with JoJo for most of the season, and only perked up in this episode at the prospect of getting laid in the fantasy suite. I interpreted his reaction to getting dumped as a case of blue balls. The return to apologize was definitely not his idea.

As weasely as Jordan comes across, I'm also not seeing any emotion or sincerity in any of Robby's love proclamations. He doesn't seem invested at all. I laughed when he talked about wanting to be late for work and then leave early to be with JoJo - I get the feeling he likes to do that with or without JoJo, which is probably why he doesn't have a job anymore.

As for Jordan, what exactly is his "lifestyle" that he and JoJo were discussing? My understanding is that he no longer plays football, and he said he didn't have a "home base", so he's just an unemployed guy living with his parents, right?

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Luke actually looked like he was kicked in the gut and very shocked. He actually went pale. I thought he was about to barf. I'm almost certain, after that reaction, that he's the next bachelor.

I got the impression he was told to go ILY her and then he'd get a rose. The absolute shock, the "but it's not supposed to happen this way/this isn't how it's supposed to go" comments. Seeing his face and the gut-wrenching emotions he was feeling made me go from curious rubbernecker, to really hating this show.

• Love 4

As mentioned upthread, so much crying, so few (no) tears.

And did anyone else think that she was all over Chase on their date... really overdoing it if she was already in love with two guys. No wonder he thought it was safe to tell her he loved her.  And she "really wanted to fall in love with him"... why?  Again, she already loved 2 guys.  Wasn't that enough.

I'm thinking the return and apology was an audition to be the Bachelor.  Probably not enough vs Luke, and most likely coached, but an audition none the less.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Padma said:

I don't think she's thinking at all about not hurting him "like Ben did to me". I think she's enjoying the on-camera ego boost and playing the game (just as Ben did). 

It's remarkable to me that Jojo could have been so hurt by Ben leading her on, and that she has done the same thing with Alex, Luke, Chase, and either Robbie or Jordan.   I question her empathy for others. 

I also think Jordan looked hurt at the ceremony when he realized that Jojo was really into Robbie, too.  I think that's the kind of thing that has effectively skewered other relationships in the past.  I remember that Emily was hurt and seemingly stunned to see how [the one who was a Bachelor twice who lives in Austin] acted with the other Bachelorettes.   And when I was in the grocery store line and reading the tabloids, I think Lauren was unhappy with Ben about that, too.   Oh!   And Andi basically said the reason she and whatshisname broke up with because he was so mad she slept with Nick.  (the one name I can remember early this morning before my morning coffee. :-))

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 4
(edited)

So Jojo got rid of the last remaining guy with any discernible personality for 3 Cardboard Ken Cutouts I can't tell apart? Excellent choices. We're off to an auspicious beginning.

The only reason I can get past the first five minutes is because I'm sure Luke will be the next Bachelor (and I might even audition because I find him THAT awesome).

Then, in a dumb move of epic proportions, she kicks out the last decent one of the cutouts before the end of the fantasy suite?! After she encouraged him to say "I love you." So she's done that twice now in one episode... and that was just enough to kill all my Jojo love.

I thought she'd be a great B-ette but she lacks self-awareness in a major way. She was determined not to fall in love with Chase because she was already in love with the other two. Chase never stood a chance. She should have just finished the date and cut him at the rose ceremony. Taking a fantasy suite doesn't mean you have to sleep with someone or lead them on, but you always have a choice as to whether you embarrass someone or not. And Jojo has no idea how/why she embarrassed Chase, and that's a damn shame.

Chase's reaction was the most "real" thing I've ever seen on this show. It was normal and healthy and I'm pissed he came back to apologize to her. I realize it was damage control so he'd have a shot at Bachelor, but he in no way owed her anything. Jojo needs to think about the double talk and mixed signals she sends men. "Tell me you love me!" ::Hears the words and immediately dumps the man:: 

Hear me, Chris Harrison:

1. For the sake of the show, your viewers, and your contestants, please encourage a return to basics and ask the show leads to eliminate contestants at rose ceremonies. No more of these out-of-the-blue dumpings. It messes with format and unnecessarily hurts people. What's wrong with a little reflection time for leads and more time in exotic locales for the contestants?

2. Luke for Bachelor! Or Chase... but never Jordan or Robby

It's ironic that the advice Jojo got on day one was the advice she never heeded. They said don't focus on one guy, and she's been running after Jordan from the second she met him. I'm kind of repulsed by her final 2, and she had a heap of hunks and sweethearts to choose from.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 12

Oh well. Reading the thread and seeing most are so sure Luke will be back as the Bachelor has cheered me up. A bit. I officially hate JoJo for her steaming bad taste in men, and her truly awful hair. Luke was the only thing going for this season, and then she kicked him to the curb. The man looked winded with shock.

And then she pulled that stunt on poor Chase - and hooray now she has to choose between two of the most obvious players to ever appear on this dumb show. Gosh which player will I choose. She's a dill. With terrible hair. It was nice for ten seconds in once scene. She's the lead goddamit, and they should have fixed her hair for the damn show. It was fine in Ben's season. Just sidepart it and muss it up a bit woman, if you can't be faffed getting some more streaks put in.

Honestly I have never hated a final two so much, or really, been so bored by an entire season.

I guess there is Men Tell All, and the possibility of Luke getting something good out of this trainwreck...

I have terrible taste in men, but even I can notice when some dude is smirking all the way through our passionate clinches and dodging important points in conversations. It's like red flag confetti, and she's looking for insane loopholes to excuse both those freaks, but Jordan most of all. Eugh.

That petulant little turd looked very upset to not get his ego publically stroked in that last rose ceremony, so I expect him to pull out all the stops to 'win' now. Robby looks sincere standing next to him.

• Love 10
(edited)
8 hours ago, violet and green said:

She's a dill. With terrible hair.

I don't know what a dill is, but I loved this. 

Edited by hyacinth
because i need to stop using (so much) profanity.
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, violet and green said:

That petulant little turd (Jordan) looked very upset to not get his ego publically stroked in that last rose ceremony, so I expect him to pull out all the stops to 'win' now. 

Robby looks sincere standing next to him.

Perfectly said Violet & Green! Jordan seriously starts looking for the exit door any time Jojo asks him a question regarding the future of their "relationship"

I loved her going into this season but it has been very difficult to see all of her insecurities come roaring to the surface in their 1:1s. 

Jordan may be a dbag, but he's the dbag with hand in this situation.

Robby and his bump can leave now!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, MissE said:

Which doesn't make sense because he didn't do anything wrong. He had a human reaction to JoJo essentially leading him on, which yes is a part of the show, and I don't think JoJo did it maliciously, but these guys are still human. He wasn't out of line with how he reacted IMO.

Robby makes my skin crawl every time he's onscreen. He gives me stalker vibes.

Personally, I don't think he went far enough in his response to her. Not that he had to make a dramatic scene (clearly not his style), but I was really hoping he would just cut her dead after telling her that she brought him to this emotional breakthrough point and then dropped him. No hug, no hand hold, just a few words, that dead-eyed stare he was doing and walk out. 

As for Robby, I don't get stalker vibes but I do get "near professional liar" vibes from him. The thing that JoJo seems to be missing with regard to Jordan/Robby vs Chase/Luke is that she's falsely reassured by the ease they have in telling her what she wants to hear, which should be a bigger red flag than a guy who seems sincere but isn't able to slobber professions of love after 3 weeks. Then again, that's assuming she actually wants to be engaged after this, which I don't really believe. 

I don't understand why JoJo would think it was a good idea to extend the invitation to the Fantasy Suite, have Chase pour out his heart, and then send him home. It would have been so quick and relatively less painful to just send him home before FS at dinner, or at the RC. No need to add insult to injury by sending him home five minutes after he'd just told you he loved you. It's so tacky to wait for the ILY, instead of cutting them off beforehand -- I hated that she waited for Alex to do it as well, and I found it heartless when Kaitlyn did it to Nick while he was proposing. Is it for the ego boost? I don't know. But whatever the case, there's no reason to ask someone to "open up" and share their feelings, when you KNOW (and JoJo had to have known) that you'll be dumping them shortly.

Ugh, yes. And then all the blathering about "being fair to you..." (sending you packing mid-Fantasy suite/ mid-date-with-no-rose-on-the-table) and insisting that they comfort her before they get packed into the van. 

Last night's fake cry, no tears fest really made me glad this season is ending, I can't stand JoJo at this point. She's fine in the rest of the show but the dramatic "I need a minute" squatting in a tight dress moments are so beyond annoying and none of them feel real. 

Jordan was definitely wearing form fitting, ladies Capri pants. Not a good look. 

It looked like Robby was also shopping in the women's department for his pants, and the pants gave both of them a weird, wide-hipped look. 

Just look at her with Jordan -- she is constantly seeking reassurance and validation from him, most likely because he's not really giving it to her. Yes, he's saying all the right things, but just from my experience as a girl dating in general, you know when a guy is really invested in you. And you know when he isn't. And right now, I just feel like Jordan is acting (and struggling with it, at that). He always looks so stumped when she asks him fairly straightforward questions, almost like he wants to throw up his hands and be like, "Look, I said ILY right? Can you just drop it and move forward, so we can enjoy our 15 minutes of fame before breaking up when I find someone hotter and/or more famous?" I think JoJo realizes this on some level (which is why we keep getting the questioning of "but howwww do you know it's forever?!!!") but is unwilling to accept it, because she's still falling into that same trap of wanting to win over the unavailable/disinterested dudes over the ones who really like her.

Totally agree. I also think she's so careful and tiptoes just up to the line of pissing him off, backing off when she senses that he might actually give an honest answer/reaction, which she doesn't want to see. As long as she only questions him a little bit, he can keep shoveling the shit (with increasingly grimace-y facial expressions), but she'll never fully ask what she wants to because she doesn't want to hear the answers.

I forget to mention that it's all about her, her, her.  "You have no idea how much this hurts ME when I send you home".

Yeah, I get that this is effectively her show, but the sheer number of "I" and "me" (typically used incorrectly and including other pronoun massacres ;) ) statements out of her mouth are staggering.

And someone explain to me how saying to someone's face "I wanted to fall in love/why couldn't I fall in love with you?" is acceptable? If you're dumping someone and you truly don't want to hurt them, accept the role of the asshole. Let them walk away thinking it's you, not them. Trying to be the nice one who just couldn't fall in love with them is only going to make things worse for their next relationship, as JoJo herself should be able to attest! 

• Love 11
(edited)
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

As weasely as Jordan comes across, I'm also not seeing any emotion or sincerity in any of Robby's love proclamations. He doesn't seem invested at all. I laughed when he talked about wanting to be late for work and then leave early to be with JoJo - I get the feeling he likes to do that with or without JoJo, which is probably why he doesn't have a job anymore.

Wait -  isn't he a "former competitive swimmer?"   Are you saying that's NOT a job?

2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

thought she'd be a great B-ette but she lacks self-awareness in a major way. She was determined not to fall in love with Chase because she was already in love with the other two. Chase never stood a chance. She should have just finished the date and cut him at the rose ceremony. Taking a fantasy suite doesn't mean you have to sleep with someone or lead them on, but you always have a choice as to whether you embarrass someone or not. And Jojo has no idea how/why she embarrassed Chase, and that's a damn shame.

Right.  As much as she talks about "what Ben did to me", she has zero awareness of how she is doing worse to these guys.   Her game is to lead them on until they say ILY, then set them free and act like HER heart is broken.   On the flip side, a little part of me wonders if there are guys who wanted out - who weren't falling in love, and wanted to be cut.  And the producers told them - Tell her you love her, then she can dump you. Otherwise, you'll get one of those embarrassing "left on a mountain in the snow"  endings. 

23 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

And someone explain to me how saying to someone's face "I wanted to fall in love/why couldn't I fall in love with you?" is acceptable? If you're dumping someone and you truly don't want to hurt them, accept the role of the asshole. Let them walk away thinking it's you, not them. Trying to be the nice one who just couldn't fall in love with them is only going to make things worse for their next relationship, as JoJo herself should be able to attest! 

Why not just say "I have feelings for you, but my feelings for someone else are stronger"?  It's more truthful.  her "that's what Ben said" comment o Jordan  was bitchy and rude.  Yeah, Ben dated a bunch of women, then picked one. the others are rejected and hurt.   that's the show, Jojo, and it's the same thing you are doing.  Saving the "I love you" doesn't really mean you're not hurting people.

I recorded this the second showing (midnight) but because of delays, the whole thing wasn't shown.  Doesn't seem like I missed much. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5
(edited)

Wait -  isn't he a "former competitive swimmer?"   Are you saying that's NOT a job?

I don't think using the show's captions accurately reflects what the men do for a living. Robby is a Sales Manager for Myrtha Pools  (unless that changed recently). Jordan does some fitness consulting with athletes and Luke is a musician trying to make it out in Nashville. 

Edited by KN2Blue