Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Wanted: Dead or Alive

22 hours ago, SadieT said:

Loved Ali walking up on the girls wearing the red jacket but I wish she had held onto her anger a little longer. This is the second time they’ve falsely accused her of murder, she's right to be pissed. She let them off too easily. 

I was enjoying Ali being angry too, but I can accept that after having narrowly escaped being viciously murdered her perspective shifted. She has nobody else except an aunt she barely knows and rightly doesn't trust. So she can sit in her house alone without anyone to comfort her or play bodyguard, or she can decide to let it go. The PLLs may have wrongly thought she was a murderer once again, but at least she can trust that they're not trying to kill her, gaslight her, torture her, etc., and she can't say that for anyone else in her life. Priorities. I wouldn't have minded a scene of her throwing shade at Aria prior to the murder attempt, though. Spencer and Emily both came in for their share, and it's sort of weird the show left Aria out when she was actually the one who was vocal about not wanting Ali to find out. Hanna of course was captive at the time and was not involved - Caleb told her afterwards that they were "convinced" that Ali did it. (One thing I respected about Spencer and Emily is that neither of them tried to throw Caleb under the bus by telling Ali how it was he who actually ran off with the jacket while the rest of them were still arguing about what to do.)

Ding dong, Sara's dead! Best moment she's ever had on the show.

• Love 2

For someone who used to be a cold hearted, master manipulator, the new and unimproved Ali is a disappointment. Did they give her a lobotomy while locked up? She's so mopey ans whiney I can't stand when she's on. There was a faint glimmer of old Alie when she walked in wearing that ugly jacket. Grow that backbone back. It'd be a lot more interesting than you are now.

Speaking of missing backbones, Hannah, where's yours? We could always count on Hannah to bluntly put things into perspective in a way only she could. Now, she's turned into a Shakesapeare character, "Oh, woe is me." Sad face.

Based on how perfect, and fashionable the liars' outfits were when they were in "high school" their current fashion choices are a major disappointment and seem inconsistent with their characters. Spencer? Wearing ripped jeans? Since when? Aria is definitely ready for the ugly sweater party at Christmas.

Ezria, bleach. 'Nuff said.

Caleb get back with Hannah already.

This whole "final season" has become way too convoluted and boring. So sad for a once enjoyable break from reality.

• Love 6

Hanna getting back with Caleb would be proof for me that she truly is Aria's tulpa. Both of them cheated on their understanding, intelligent boyfriends to get with someone terrible (at least, now he is--I never thought Caleb could fall so far) and both would be rewarded for their terrible behavior. At the same time, Caleb is as stated a terrible person, so maybe they deserve each other.

I feel as if I have to take notes, because by the time I get a chance to post I have forgotten about half the stupid stuff these idiots have done. Also, Mary Drake is an oversharer, and I hope the actor for that cop had prosthetics or something on his head.

• Love 2

The worst thing was seeing a preview for the "Summer Finale" and realizing that they are not ending this series at the end of the summer.  :(  This, of course, means were up for more idiotic twists.  

They seem to be doing a culling of characters a la Game of Thrones, which is a good thing.  Let's have fewer suspects and get down to the core group and finally resolve this mystery.

Ali is so dispirited that it's bringing the whole show down.  I heard that the actress has had some health issues, so perhaps that's affecting her acting?  Even her makeup is making her look so dull and lifeless.  They also need a new stylist for her.  

Speaking of style, was I the only one who hated Aria's outfit?

What happened to everyone's parents?  I miss having some sensible people.

I thought the Spaleb breakup was well-acted by Troian.  Glad that's over.  I liked their relationship, because it felt like they were matched in terms of maturity and intelligence, but it was too angsty.  

Perhaps Hanna's fashion degree was a 2-year one?  That might help the timeline.  However, I do think it would have made more sense to have a 7 or 8 year jump.  How did Allison become a teacher in such a short time?  How did she even go to college at the same time as the others, given how much school she must have missed.

I wish they would publish an infographic or timeline of this show every time they retcon something.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, kat165 said:

So is this really the last season (or at least the first 1/2 of it?) or am I being too optimistic?

It should be in generally. But from MK she said the end of PLL as we know it, while the actors seem to be addressing it as the end for them. The article with TB that came out a week or so ago where she talked about the drama with Kim/Kayne/Taylor, they asked her a question about since it's the end of PLL what's next for her and she didn't say anything in her answer to deny that it's the end, she just talked about her movie she worked on. So. I guess take it with a grain of salt? I think what this means is that after season 7, the original liars will be gone. So..

anyways.. This whole season is all over the place. It doesn't make any sense and in a show where nothing makes sense, this is worse than ever. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, NutMeg said:

And where was Noel?

I initially thought he was the cop-in-disguise and that this was another "Ali had Noel fake an attack on her to bolster her story" thing.  She did that when she was trying to maintain her kidnapping story in S5.  The brutality of the attack and her subsequent reaction made me think otherwise.

30 minutes ago, kat165 said:

So is this really the last season (or at least the first 1/2 of it?) or am I being too optimistic?

There were rumors of a PLL-The Next Generation or something like that, with maybe a few hold overs from the original cast (i.e., actors who would wind up doing dinner theater otherwise).  The viewership for a show like that would be in the tens, I'd think. 

Thank you, Girl & Mac. I don't think I'm up for a 2nd generation version of this show. It would be nice to know that the end is in sight of this incarnation though. I've watched since about the 3rd ep of the 1st season & stubborn loyalty is the only thing keeping me in it now. With the Spence/Hanna/Caleb shit my love of the girls' friendship was pretty much ruined. Now I'm just waiting for the end.

Since I missed the first 3 eps or so I've never understood the Noel Kahn love. If anyone has the inclination some enlightment would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Love 1

If they think this show will work with a new cast of Liars they really don't get the appeal of this show AT ALL! I'd say the majority, at least around here, watch for the girls'. Some watch for the ships, but I have never heard a single person who is gaga over the storytelling and wishes they could see this crap fest with a new cast. haha

Noel should have been in this episode. Noel should have been in every episode. Stuff happened, I'm sure of it, I watched it happen. I can't tell you what any of it was except that Shower is finally dead!!!!! Jenna totally had her offed for babbling too much. Lose lips sink ships Shower. How did you never learn that? I really hope Jenna goes full on big bad. Let her just set the place on fire, go out in a blaze of glory.

Oh, and I still don't get at all what No Longer Wrollins' plan actually was. He was dating Charlotte, as Wrollins, so she knew he wasn't a real doctor. Was he her doctor? I thought he was. So did he pretend to be a doctor to meet Charlotte? Did he meet her as her doctor and realize that...what? Was he originally going to marry her and get the Cassimi money but when she kicked it he married Ali instead? That's a fuck of a lot of work to go through. Talk about a long con. There's got to me more to it, right? Am I missing something?

• Love 2

I kind of hope Noel is Saras killer. We don't need anymore reasons to love him but that would be awesome sauce.

The retcon is confusing because Arolliins was apparently dating Charlottle but also somewhat dating Ali right? They were just keeping it on the DL but they were having dates all the while he was Charlottles boyfriend. It's... Confusing? Was he like thinking this whole time he was going to kill one of them at some point? Makes no sense 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, kat165 said:

Since I missed the first 3 eps or so I've never understood the Noel Kahn love. If anyone has the inclination some enlightment would be appreciated. Thanks.

A lot of it has to do with the actor I think.  Well, for me it does.  Not sure why  

brant-daugherty-goes-shirtless-fifty-shades-set.jpg

3 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

The retcon is confusing because Arolliins was apparently dating Charlottle but also somewhat dating Ali right? They were just keeping it on the DL but they were having dates all the while he was Charlottles boyfriend. It's... Confusing? Was he like thinking this whole time he was going to kill one of them at some point? Makes no sense 

I'm fan-wanking this, but it seems like Charlotte probably met Wrollins while she was on the run after Wilden's murder.  I don't know if they concocted this scheme before she returned to blow up Toby's house, or if it came after she was sent to Welby.  While in Welby, she got Jenna to use her superpowers to get Wrollins his fake CV and get him hired at Welby.  Jenna being an 8th level sorcerer, she can do these kinds of things.

I'm unclear on whether Charlotte knew Wrollins was fake-romancing Ali.  My guess is that she knew, and getting upset with Ali and running out of the house the night she was killed was a ruse.  She was probably supposed to meet up with Wrollins, but the killer got to her first.

Edited by mac123x
  • Love 3

Thank you, Mac. That explains a bit. Athough personally I don't find him attractive at all. He's too clean cut for me. :) But I can certainly understand why someone else might/does.

• Love 1

I like Noel Kahn because Noel Kahn is almost always referred to by his full name, Noel Kahn.

Usually it's with an exclamation as well. It's almost never, "Oh, look, Noel is here." It's, "Why is NOEL KAHN at school today!?!" "Guys, look, it's NOEL KAHN!" "Wait, what is NOEL KAHN doing getting COFFEE!?!" "Aria, why is NOEL KAHN talking to your brother!?!"

Also, he blackmailed Ezra once.

• Love 16

My love for Noel Kahn is his blackmailing Ezra and that it's clear he dislikes him so much. In the best way. My favorite moment of Noel Kahn is when he returned to school in season 2 and his "Hi Mr. Fitz" or whatever he did there in that moment. It was hilarious, the look on Ezra's face. I really hope Noel is Sara's killer..because like I said earlier awesome sauce.  I get very few moments of joy in this show as of late, although hearing Jenna creepily playing flute was AMAZING and reminded me of the best moment ever from this show when she kindly played Emily off her porch. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, kat165 said:

Thank you, Mac. That explains a bit. Athough personally I don't find him attractive at all. He's too clean cut for me. :) But I can certainly understand why someone else might/does.

You know it's funny you should say this, because I couldn't help but feel that he's a bit scruffier this season. It was just the initial impression I got of him when he appeared for fourteen seconds.

I agree that one of the best aspects of Noel Kahn is his full naming. Veronica Mars also got this a lot, which is funny because Noel is very Logan at times throughout the series. I also think that as a villain he's villainous without being full-on despicable, which is not the case for literally every other villain on the show.

After all--

Charlotte: obvious
Mona: hit Hanna with a car
Jenna: rapist
Sarah: water-wasting cyborg

Speaking of, I'll just sit alone in this corner of people who'll miss that brave little toaster. I love Dre Davis and her bizarre fairy-like manner. It was fitting that she died as she lived, though. That was quite the fan shout-out.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, DigitalCount said:

You know it's funny you should say this, because I couldn't help but feel that he's a bit scruffier this season.

He has that "I casually look like I haven't shaved for 2 days even though the reality is it takes 20 minutes with a trimmer every morning to sculpt" facial hair thing going.  Charming smile, a bit of a roguish streak, and his secret Mossad agent skills make him a compelling character. 

"Noel has secrets".  I want to know what they are!

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, mac123x said:

"Noel has secrets".  I want to know what they are!

Oooh, look at you all on a first name basis only with him. lol

I agree that Noel Khan is great because he's not over the top villain but he's not some misunderstood tragic writer hero type who preys on teenage girls. He's just a high school guy who does some pretty bad things. Also, he's a villain without "damage". He's just...Noel Khan.

• Love 5

Thank you, Perfect. That is kind of funny. And hey, if he blackmailed Ezra, which I actually
remember, now I like him too. :)

Thanks, Girl. That makes him very likeable. I remember this instance too.

Digital, I didn't even notice that he was scruffier! Everytime I see him I think, oh, man, why
is this guy so popular? Frankly, he's not scruffy enough for me. :) But I'm liking the blackmail.
Anyone who takes it out on Ezra is ok with me. I dispise that character.

I loved Logan! He had the greatest smirk. Ya know, that's a very Irish thing to do, use both
names at the same time.

Water wasting cyborg. Ha! Good one.

Thank you everyone who chimed in on What I Love About Noel Kahn. Much appreciated!

20 hours ago, kat165 said:

Thank you, Girl & Mac. I don't think I'm up for a 2nd generation version of this show. It would be nice to know that the end is in sight of this incarnation though. I've watched since about the 3rd ep of the 1st season & stubborn loyalty is the only thing keeping me in it now. With the Spence/Hanna/Caleb shit my love of the girls' friendship was pretty much ruined. Now I'm just waiting for the end.

Late to the party, but, in addition to what's already said, the "Noel Kahn" thing and all, I love that he was one of the first potential villains (nostalgia), but also, and mostly, that he disliked Ezra on sight (and blackmailed him! not god, kids, but given the "victim" her, it was more of a hell yeah! for me). Plus, I seem to remember him having a sweet moment with Aria (was he playing some instrument? guitar? memory is fuzzy); when Aria was still wondering/on a break or something with "Mr. Fitz", wasn't she considering our mysterious NK? Her with him would have made so much sense, I only liked Ezra with her when he was the villain (as a "god guy", he's terribly lame, isn't he?) Even Jason, who said she should have kept the red tresses in her hair, or something, would have made more sense than that creepy dude...

Recently saw an interview of the cast, and I'm now positive that Ezra is being played as creepy. Just before the episode, I saw the actor playing Ezra being all fun and friendly and spontaneous - and looking much younger than he ever did opn the show. Then the episode started and there he was, with his deer-in-the-headlights stare. I haven't seen him in anything else, so I don't know if the actor is really bad or if he's having very negative feelings about Ezra.   

• Love 2

Thanks, Nutmeg. This is one of the things that drives me crazy about this show. There are characters we haven't seen for ages (up until recently, Noel & Jenna, what's his name - Hannah's sugar daddy, Jason) that show up briefly once and never to be seen for ages again. Where's Hanna's mom? Or any of the parents? Although Hanna's mom is really the only one I like. Or Melissa. It's annoying.

• Love 2

I feel like half the reason for the timeskip was so they could cut the budget by never, EVER having any of the parents, even in the one-at-a-time rotation at which we used to get them. Because after all, the girls are GROWNUPS now, and everyone knows once you grow up you never, ever need to see or think about your dumb stinky parents again, amirite? SO ADULT. 

Speaking of dumb nonsense, I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now, but it's become completely impossible to tell whether something is #Answers or #retcon at this point. It's like they can't even keep their own story straight for even a few episodes at a time any more without doing a dumbass retcon (or continuity error, who knows) and flipping the whole thing around again. So much of the fun of this show is gone now because of the constant retconning of things, because it's totally pointless to speculate on why/how something happened or is happening or may happen in the future since they'll just change it to suit them as needed anyways. Charlotte has been retconned so many times she may as well be a mythical creature at this point, and they're on their way there with Rollins as well. Is storyboarding THAT hard?

• Love 10

I've said it a thousand times they need a whiteboard with charts and graphs. 

Also aside from budget cuts being made for the timeskip, they also wanted to show more sexy scenes with the clothes and the etc and also look DRINKING! 

• Love 1
On 8/4/2016 at 10:50 PM, Perfect Xero said:

I like Noel Kahn because Noel Kahn is almost always referred to by his full name, Noel Kahn.

Usually it's with an exclamation as well. It's almost never, "Oh, look, Noel is here." It's, "Why is NOEL KAHN at school today!?!" "Guys, look, it's NOEL KAHN!" "Wait, what is NOEL KAHN doing getting COFFEE!?!" "Aria, why is NOEL KAHN talking to your brother!?!"

Also, he blackmailed Ezra once.

He's a Brand Name!

Noel Kahn - the best always-have-to-use-his-full-name character since Charlie Brown.

• Love 2