Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Vice Principals

Recommended Posts

Oh, Russell, you vindictive, petty, little psychopath!  Of course he wouldn't stand the teachers mocking him behind close doors, and then when they refuse his blatant attempt to suck up to them with sushi, he just simply fires almost every single one of them (only sparing Snodgrass for Neal's sake.)  If Haas wasn't already pissed at him, I can only imagine what he'll do after he finds out he pretty much fired the majority of the teachers.  Walton Goggins is so much fun here.  The scene in the bathtub had me in stitches.

Meanwhile Neal is actually showing something resembling a soul and conscious, by helping the kid he planted evidence on get back into school.  Sure, he's still a paranoid, immature, easy jealous, man-child that is becoming more and more obvious with his racism, but... progress?

Now I'm starting to wonder if Nash could possibly be involved in the shooting, because she seems so gung-ho about being the vice principle, that I wonder if she wanted Neal out of the way.

Still wish we got more Ray and Gale, because their reactions to Neal being Neal are still hilarious.  Shea Whigham and Busy Phillips are the gifts that keep on giving.   

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't seen any one point this out,  but the cafeteria workers "lucky" shoes from saving Neal were clearly spattered with blood. That wasn't from finding someone already shot, he was standing near when it happened. He is clearly the shooter. 

And he has plenty of motive with all of Neal's blatant racism, even if he's too stupid to realize what he's saying. Kwim? Like, he actually seems to care about the guy, but he also says and does some pretty racist things. Perhaps he was tired of it? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, scrb said:

But then why rescue him rather than let him bleed out?

I was said in the first episode the shooter was a "really bad shot, they missed every major organ." Meaning, the person didn't want to kill him. But then there really wouldn't be a motive for my guess above, but my other idea is Ray. I think Ray loves Gamby and wanted to have a reason to be closer to him, seeing as he moved in with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/25/2017 at 1:53 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Of course he wouldn't stand the teachers mocking him behind close doors, and then when they refuse his blatant attempt to suck up to them with sushi, he just simply fires almost every single one of them (only sparing Snodgrass for Neal's sake.)

Who are they going to hire in the middle of the semester though? I also don't know why they didn't want the sushi. 

I don't think it's the cafeteria shooter either. It's either Ray or one of Belinda's kids for me. Lee I suppose is there, but that seems to obvious. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

What is happening to Gamby? Not only is he helping a kid he once framed (the kid *was* dealing drugs, but still), he also is not on board with Russell's firing of the teachers (and the way Lee did it).  Gamby was very reluctant there. I can't believe Russell doesn't see it and call him out on it.

17 hours ago, ganesh said:

I also don't know why they didn't want the sushi. 

Two reasons. One was the dialogue on whether it was fresh or left over, which wasn't convincing IMO that it was fresh. The other is that sushi is a poor choice to bring into a school cafeteria. It smells and is out of it's normal setting, and some people don't like fish. I wouldn't have wanted it, either. Grill some steaks or something.

Whose shoe was that that the new principal found in the woods - Belinda's? Or was that a clue for the shooter?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not going to lie, Nash getting punched in the face made me laugh my ass off.

Walton Goggins continues to rule.

Edited by benteen

Share this post


Link to post

Fisher Stevens is.... well, a unique casting choice to play a college professor who apparently causes on the female students to go wild for him.  Kind of reminded me of the brief class scenes in Indiana Jones.

Classic Gamby clearly letting his jealously over Snodgrass moving on make him even more petty, vindictive, and sexist.  He really can be a child most of the time. I wouldn't be surprised if the professor ends up hurting her on some level, but Gamby really isn't a prize at all.  Not in the slightest.

Russell would totally lose his shit over someone making a drawling of him with a tiny penis.  This is a man who is so insecure that his office has a painting of him lording over tigers.

The scene where Gamby shows Ray all of his information and theories on his shooting makes me once again suspect that Ray will be the shooter.

Oh, shit!  Nash is letting loose!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Classic Gamby clearly letting his jealously over Snodgrass moving on make him even more petty, vindictive, and sexist.  He really can be a child most of the time.

His serious-faced explanation to her of why he broke up with her was hilarious. Really no one plays "crass buffoon" better than McBride does.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/2/2017 at 2:33 AM, thuganomics85 said:

The scene where Gamby shows Ray all of his information and theories on his shooting makes me once again suspect that Ray will be the shooter.

I got that feeling in this episode too. Gamby is a jerk to the ex wife, but it never really seems to bother Ray. I didn't see any foreshadowing at all in S1. Maybe they're throwing us off. If anything, the ex wife has more motive. 

Honestly, I could see Gamby and Snodgrass together. They would just snap at each other all the time, but it seems like they would both like that. 

The house is kind of awesome, and I hope all those traps come back in use for real. 

Share this post


Link to post

All the stuff involving the "Sweat Dogs" was so over the top and I loved every minute of it.  Scott Caan excels at being a meathead dickbag.  Neal finally standing up for the teachers and them all backing him up was probably a bit undeserved, but I'm guessing they're trying to set up him gunning for Russell's job shortly.

All the stuff with Russell with his family was Walton Goggins at his best.  He's still a petty, vindictive, unhinged, selfish psycho, but I can see how he became that way thanks to his dad and his sisters.  But I like that they still showed that he wasn't some victim because he was always a sneaky liar even back then, and is still responsible for all of his actions that are going on at the moment.

No updates on Neal's shooter case, but I'm sure that will come back into play soon.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

All the stuff involving the "Sweat Dogs" was so over the top and I loved every minute of it.  Scott Caan excels at being a meathead dickbag.  Neal finally standing up for the teachers and them all backing him up was probably a bit undeserved, but I'm guessing they're trying to set up him gunning for Russell's job shortly.

All the stuff with Russell with his family was Walton Goggins at his best.  He's still a petty, vindictive, unhinged, selfish psycho, but I can see how he became that way thanks to his dad and his sisters.  But I like that they still showed that he wasn't some victim because he was always a sneaky liar even back then, and is still responsible for all of his actions that are going on at the moment.

No updates on Neal's shooter case, but I'm sure that will come back into play soon.

This show makes me want to take a shower, because the people are so vile and I mean that as a compliment.  However, no matter how bad the behavior, the acting and the writing gives the characters some depth and humor.

I felt bad for the guy when his sisters pants him and would not even let him have one model airplane.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I would have expected Russell to do a lot more than smash up the airplanes in response to the psycho sisters.

But I think his family background explains his behavior at the school.  He takes it out on the students and coworkers all the abuse he's endured from his sisters and father.

They kind of hinted at it the way he was yelled at by his mother in law, whom they've toned way down this season.  And also the neighborhood bully from last season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Those sisters were too much. I'm trying to remember where I've seen the sister with the redder hair before. She's so familiar to me. 

This show is hysterical, I'm going to be sad when it's over. It's been such a good time. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, hokeypokeyFOIA said:

 I'm trying to remember where I've seen the sister with the redder hair before. She's so familiar to me. 

The actress is Breeda Wool, but she looks very similar to Kerry Biche from "Halt and Catch Fire" and "Narcos".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Kerry Bishe?  That's cool, I just saw the new season of Narcos recently (highly recommended).

Walton Goggins was gold from beginning to end.   I thought the scenes with his sisters were hilarious and the two actresses really held their own with him in those scenes. 

Loved the part where Gamby through the water in Seashells face when he requested a fancy drink.  Scott Caan was terrific in this as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, BeckyThatcher said:

The actress is Breeda Wool, but she looks very similar to Kerry Biche from "Halt and Catch Fire" and "Narcos".

Seriously. Wow though, the mother and sisters totally looked related to me. 

On 10/9/2017 at 9:16 AM, scrb said:

I would have expected Russell to do a lot more than smash up the airplanes in response to the psycho sisters.

I'm surprised there wasn't a timed incendiary device to burn the house down. 

I did like the end where Gamby was saying nice things about the teachers and the sweat hogs were like, "are you just going to list things?"

The school plot was weird because Gamby was reasonably competent even though he was overwhelmed. No one really gave him that much of a problem either. I was surprised he knew all the teacher's accomplishments as well. The whole gag with the "this is the first time I've ever seen you wear a hat and your saying the pledge?" cracked me up. 

I'm a little disappointed they didn't move forward with the shooter mystery. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Knew Russell's party was going to end in a disaster, but I didn't expect it to go this way!  Christine has finally had enough of his shit after she finds out that he had spread rumors about her college boyfriend being gay at the time, and fucked things up.  Now, granted, I have to imagine Christine always knew he was a selfish asshole, but I guess this is the first time something he did really affected her, I imagine?  Either way, it definitely feels like a set-up for Russell to loose everything by the time this ends.

Neal continues his "one step forward, three gigantic leaps back", by allowing his jealously of Snodgrass and Brian to flare up again, and make go back to being a petty asshole.  And it looks like he's going too hook up with Ms. Abbott, which is going to be bad news for everyone, I think.

I don't care if we're only just seeing it now: I want Dayshawn and Miss Swift to happen! 

Like with Ray a few episodes ago, seeing Neal working with Nash so much with his case is now making me give her the side-eye.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

When did Lee and his wife move to that big house.? Last season they were in a basic contemporary now they have mcmansion. I guess Christine is going to throw him out and he will be back at the old house.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Sparger Springs said:

When did Lee and his wife move to that big house.? Last season they were in a basic contemporary now they have mcmansion. I guess Christine is going to throw him out and he will be back at the old house.

When he got his promotion. He's been clearly spending a lot more money since the promotion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Sparger Springs said:

When did Lee and his wife move to that big house.? Last season they were in a basic contemporary now they have mcmansion. I guess Christine is going to throw him out and he will be back at the old house.

I don't know, Lee seems to find a way to get his way all the time.

First he stole her from her bf, probably sabotaged her life.  Then she used her earning power to fund a lavish lifestyle -- not just the car and the house but paintings of his portrait?

She must have suspected the rumors were BS, even if she didn't learn that her former bf is now married with a family.  But how does she fall for Russell after all that?  She's put up with a lot of his BS for years so she must have believed she loved him.

Wonder if Lee's the type who would deliberately choose to have a lavish lifestyle instead of having children.  He had to worry that someday, his lies and rumor-spreading could catch up to him.  So if he knocked her up a couple of times, it would be more difficult for her to leave him.

But it seems like the portrayal is that he wasn't being purely evil in what he did to his wife.  I guess he's suppose to have a fragile ego, beaten down most of his life by his sisters and father, so that his unethical behavior follows from all that?  He had to build up his self-worth because of the abuse and bullying at all costs and some of those means were ethically dubious.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, scrb said:

I don't know, Lee seems to find a way to get his way all the time.

First he stole her from her bf, probably sabotaged her life.  Then she used her earning power to fund a lavish lifestyle -- not just the car and the house but paintings of his portrait?

She must have suspected the rumors were BS, even if she didn't learn that her former bf is now married with a family.  But how does she fall for Russell after all that?  She's put up with a lot of his BS for years so she must have believed she loved him.

Wonder if Lee's the type who would deliberately choose to have a lavish lifestyle instead of having children.  He had to worry that someday, his lies and rumor-spreading could catch up to him.  So if he knocked her up a couple of times, it would be more difficult for her to leave him.

But it seems like the portrayal is that he wasn't being purely evil in what he did to his wife.  I guess he's suppose to have a fragile ego, beaten down most of his life by his sisters and father, so that his unethical behavior follows from all that?  He had to build up his self-worth because of the abuse and bullying at all costs and some of those means were ethically dubious.

I like that you have read into Lee's behavior and his upbringing. I always hope that shows are trying to say more than "this person's an ass" with some of what they portray. I have struggled throughout VP with why Christine is with Lee. At first I thought maybe it was so he could make her a citizen, and help bring her mom over. But Christine has done very well for herself, and with her career choice I don't think she would need Lee. So she must have seen something in Lee, right? Not only did she marry him but she has been with him for years. 

Given that, to learn that he messed up something in college ... how much would that actually matter to her now? 

Meanwhile, Gamby is still sort of on a redemption arc? He backslides but still, he is at least trying. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Now, granted, I have to imagine Christine always knew he was a selfish asshole, but I guess this is the first time something he did really affected her, I imagine? 

I mean, they've been married for 20 years, and now she's pissed off? I guess seeing the guy brought back memories. They had a gangbang and he wanted to go seventh. Who goes seventh? That line killed me. 

7 hours ago, scrb said:

She must have suspected the rumors were BS, even if she didn't learn that her former bf is now married with a family.

It seemed a bit of a leap for her to pin the rumors on Lee too. 

Gamby was actually reasonable now for 2 episodes in a row. He did have a good point that he wouldn't be able to just go and buy the book if it were just a digital release. 

I don't know why she necessarily *needs* Brian to get the book published. My friend self-published using a kickstarter, and it's an actual book. I don't think Gamby would be able to figure that out. I have a feeling he's going to be proved right about Brian being seedy though. 

I like their back and forth with Justin too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

Lee’s wife married him because he tricked her into thinking the man she really loved was gay — does she ever look at Lee and see the sublime irony of her actions?

Well, yeah, and there's that. I can't get my head around that whole sequence. Kevin Yoon seems like he would have been a nice guy. Christine said she loved him then. So she hears rumors, and that's enough to break it off? I know gay rights weren't remotely close to the same then, but don't you know your boyfriend at that point, and have some idea of whether he is being slandered? Anyway, so let's accept she breaks it off over rumors ... and she ends up with Lee? Who I imagine even at that time was not exactly kind or an achiever? The ep needed a line that said something about Lee being an incredible student or leader of something to at least connect the dots and show why Christine went for him. I don't buy the "I rescued you" bit. No one who is rescued while depressed then stays with Lee for 20 years. At some point, Dr. Christine would have dumped him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Wasn’t the story that Kevin dropped out of school and disappeared, leaving Christine sad, confused and jilted? Russell was the shoulder to cry on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, and that leading to a hookup or a few maybe happens. It's a leap from there to 20 years of marriage though.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:14 AM, Rock knocker said:

That was one hot dress Ms Abott was wearing to work the morning she ran into Gandy and Nash in the parking lot

Nash though so too.

Really funny episode as always, with Goggins continuing to be awesome.  That part about the gang bang made me laugh out loud.  Gamby with the students was pretty funny too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Not surprised Christine finally left Russell after catching him in another lie.  Really, Russell, if you're going to lie and claim you cooked dinner, then at least have the brains to throwaway the evidence that you simply ordered take-out!

Oh, Gamby!  Even though Russell really doesn't deserve any sympathy, I'm not surprised that he would end up helping Russell out at the end.  Their relationship is so twisted.

If there is any real complaint I have about this series it's that there really isn't enough Gale and Ray.  Their few moments never fail to make me laugh.

Edi Patterson wins MVP for this one.  Ms. Abbott was gold throughout this entire episode.

New random theory: I wonder if Officer Willows could be the shooter, because they keep throwing in bits of Gamby disrespecting him and telling him to fuck off.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

She took all the furniture?

Season 1 Russell was this plotting, ruthless character, almost like a master criminal the way he planned and researched to get rid of Belinda.

Season 2, he's kind of a sad figure, reliving his family past when he was beaten down.  He seemed to have overcome the abuse and instead treated his underlings the way he'd been treated.

But now with the way the teachers mock him and his wife leaving him, he's reliving the abuse and scorn from his sisters and father.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

New random theory: I wonder if Officer Willows could be the shooter, because they keep throwing in bits of Gamby disrespecting him and telling him to fuck off.

I thought Gamby's insulting comments were strange, too, until I remembered that Willows told Gamby he couldn't continue to pursue the mystery of who shot Gamby because he basically had to get back to his job. And that set off Gamby. So I can see the connection between that and Gamby's constant belittling comments.

You know who seems to just be screwing with Gamby, egging him on at times, and stroking his ego when needed? DayShaun. I could see DayShaun shooting Gamby just to see what all the uptight white teachers do.

5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Really, Russell, if you're going to lie and claim you cooked dinner, then at least have the brains to throwaway the evidence that you simply ordered take-out!

Yes, this was beyond stupid. 

Also, I thought Christine acting out as strongly as she did at the party (drugs or not), and then apparently easily forgiving Lee at dinner was a weird change. There was no discussion about their marriage or any other issues (they apparently went to counseling off screen, but we didn't see anything about that). Just pissed, then accepting and smiling, and then, when she realizes Lee is lying again, anger and she is gone. 

Edited by Ottis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

If there is any real complaint I have about this series it's that there really isn't enough Gale and Ray.  Their few moments never fail to make me laugh.

Edi Patterson wins MVP for this one.  Ms. Abbott was gold throughout this entire episode.

Edi was definitely MVP on this one (the show has an excellent ensemble who all have their moments).  It's funny to see Gamby realize just how increasingly crazy she has become.

Agreed that Busy Philips and Shea Whigham are too talented to be wasted like this.

Lee not throwing away the evidence was dumb and contrived.  But Goggins continues to rule and I laughed out loud when he told that bad joke about Gamby and the shades.  You could actually hear how flat that landed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/16/2017 at 4:55 PM, Ottis said:

I like that you have read into Lee's behavior and his upbringing. I always hope that shows are trying to say more than "this person's an ass" with some of what they portray. I have struggled throughout VP with why Christine is with Lee. At first I thought maybe it was so he could make her a citizen, and help bring her mom over. But Christine has done very well for herself, and with her career choice I don't think she would need Lee. So she must have seen something in Lee, right? Not only did she marry him but she has been with him for years. 

Given that, to learn that he messed up something in college ... how much would that actually matter to her now? 

Meanwhile, Gamby is still sort of on a redemption arc? He backslides but still, he is at least trying. 

 

On 10/17/2017 at 5:39 PM, Tighthead said:

Wasn’t the story that Kevin dropped out of school and disappeared, leaving Christine sad, confused and jilted? Russell was the shoulder to cry on. 

Yeah, the wife is so out of his league, not just because she is a doctor and attractive, but because she seems to be a genuinely nice person.  I am glad she did not just forgive him though and did not let his lie slide.  It was beyond stupid that Russell would leave evidence of the take out.  I could watch Russell dance all night... it is totally fascinating.

How the hell is Goggins not getting Emmys for this?  It amazes me how the two lead actors can make such horrible people seem human and vulnerable.  It really is a good series.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, scrb said:

She took all the furniture?

It's a bit of a stretch that she took everything and left an empty house in such a short period of time. It would have been easier to change the locks and just kick him out. 

I did like Gamby and Snodgrass snipping at each other in the hall before taking the exams and fixing them. I'm still hoping they're going to be endgame. 

Gamby seemed genuinely concerned about the students when the teachers said they're trying to get them to tank the test. 

9 hours ago, benteen said:

Edi was definitely MVP on this one (the show has an excellent ensemble who all have their moments). 

The fact that they mentioned the exwife in this episode rules her out for me. Plus, I don't think she cares enough to shoot him. Edi moved up on the list for me though because she's so deranged. She said she'd kill herself if they split up. Maybe she shot him because he was with Snodgrass. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

The heights of popularity and patriotism are still the beaten road to power and tyranny.    - David Hume

 

I love how Ray quotes this to Gamby, and Gamby thinks Ray is encouraging him.  
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Lee Russell was the one who shot Gamby. The last 2 episodes should be interesting.

That was my first thought but, then I remember Abbott had been waiting there for, who knows how long. And she was really pissed that Lee got to go on spring break so she may have planted it to break them up so to speak.

But, don't listen to me, I like the Gamby/Lee friendship and don't want it to end.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, FortKnox said:

That was my first thought but, then I remember Abbott had been waiting there for, who knows how long. And she was really pissed that Lee got to go on spring break so she may have planted it to break them up so to speak.

That makes sense, she is psycho enough to do it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I can see it going either way, but it did seem like Abbot was waiting near the car for a bit, so I can see her possibly planting the evidence on Russell.  Part of me is hoping it is Russell because Abbot might be too obvious at this point, but I can seem aiming for a "Neal allows himself to be tricked into destroying his friendship" ending.

Well, spring break with Neal and Russell went about the way I expected: full of cocaine, strippers, and Russell leering at underage girls.  Gross, Russell.  You have issues, to say the very, very least.

Meanwhile, Snodgrass discovers that Brian really doesn't think her book is very good and it seemed like most of the other people in the audience didn't either, although to be fair, I get the sense we were suppose to find them all to be pretentious snobs.

Ray and Gale's reaction to Abbott reminded me once again how much I really wish we got more of those two.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Russell leering at underage girls.  Gross, Russell.  You have issues, to say the very, very least.

His immediate reaction to finding out the girls were arrested being "Is Deb OK?" made me laugh.

And then later he was offering to give them a bath? lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I can see it going either way, but it did seem like Abbot was waiting near the car for a bit, so I can see her possibly planting the evidence on Russell.  Part of me is hoping it is Russell because Abbot might be too obvious at this point, but I can seem aiming for a "Neal allows himself to be tricked into destroying his friendship" ending.

Well, spring break with Neal and Russell went about the way I expected: full of cocaine, strippers, and Russell leering at underage girls.  Gross, Russell.  You have issues, to say the very, very least.

Meanwhile, Snodgrass discovers that Brian really doesn't think her book is very good and it seemed like most of the other people in the audience didn't either, although to be fair, I get the sense we were suppose to find them all to be pretentious snobs.

Ray and Gale's reaction to Abbott reminded me once again how much I really wish we got more of those two.

 

13 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I can see it going either way, but it did seem like Abbot was waiting near the car for a bit, so I can see her possibly planting the evidence on Russell.  Part of me is hoping it is Russell because Abbot might be too obvious at this point, but I can seem aiming for a "Neal allows himself to be tricked into destroying his friendship" ending.

Well, spring break with Neal and Russell went about the way I expected: full of cocaine, strippers, and Russell leering at underage girls.  Gross, Russell.  You have issues, to say the very, very least.

Meanwhile, Snodgrass discovers that Brian really doesn't think her book is very good and it seemed like most of the other people in the audience didn't either, although to be fair, I get the sense we were suppose to find them all to be pretentious snobs.

Ray and Gale's reaction to Abbott reminded me once again how much I really wish we got more of those two.

Poor Snodgrass, I really wanted to hear the rest of her reading.  I thought what little her prick of a boyfriend read from his book sounded condescending and trite.  

Who the hell would let Gamby take their teenage daughter to Spring Break and Russell leering at the girls was all kinds of wrong.  I do like Russell's and Gamby's friendship...only this show can make me like such horrible people.

I am guessing that maybe the killer is someone totally out of left field...maybe the mousy secretary?

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, SoothingDave said:

Russell said he got his wife's Jeep in the divorce.  Is it possible that she was the one who shot Gamby?

Interesting thought. I agree that Lee being the shooter is too obvious. He's capable of it, but it's too pat IMO.

Could they make the writers gathering any more condescending and obnoxious? Not sure how to read the scene where Amanda and Bob are packing silently. I was hoping she had broken up with him, but I guess not. And did she leave her manuscript behind? There was a shot of it on the bed, and then a shot of the champagne cart next to it as they left, but I didn't see the manuscript.

Oh that break up with Abbott. Gamby led her on too long, but at least he came clean. 

I was sure that two school officials snorting caffeine and going to strip clubs was going to end up on social media. Guess not.

Somehow I now look forward to this show, and these characters, and I don't know why. Too bad it will end soon.

Edited by Ottis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I read it as a breakup.  Not sure how they get back to normal after that whole scene.  

He tossed the manuscript to her when she was packing.  I assume she put it in her bag.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×