Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S01.E12: The Beautiful Thing About Subpar

Recommended Posts

In all honesty Danny should've been fired quite a while ago, but it was hard to be excited for him to leave when I knew it'd lead to seeing Brian and Bobby being all smug. I think it's interesting how the rest of the crew has been shown to dislike Danny (through TH's like Tiff's commenting on how he's all talk or Hannah's altercation with him at dinner) yet they managed not to constantly pile onto him the way Bobby and Brian did.

Also find it interesting how Jen had commented earlier in the season that she found one of the stews attractive (forgot which one) yet she's not constantly pining away and constantly harassing her. The "friend zone" is so annoying to hear about because it's typically self made. Usually it seems the guy agrees to be just friends after the girl rejects his romantic feelings then gets annoyed that they're just friends?? You're an adult, don't agree to be friends if you aren't mature enough to handle being friends with someone who doesn't like you back!

Even with all of my Bobby and Brian hate, I'm not sure if they've done anything fireable by Below Deck standards. However the Captain definitely shouldn't have acted like Brian did a great job handling Danny, and should've had at least some kind of talk with Bobby about how you can't go all roid rage on a coworker and throw their stuff in a very small hallway (couldn't that be like a fire hazard? Like an obstruction in case there was a need to escape?)

Also think someone should've/should in the next episode go to the Captain about the boy's behavior getting on the tender. I know nothing would probably come from Bobby's language because it's off the clock and doesn't relate directly to his work, but the fact that the First Mate was going to allow one of his deck hands to break the rules because it's the deck hand that's his buddy should be worth something.

Finally, while I guess it was rude to tell Danny that the trams were broken, how did Brian think that making Danny take a donkey would be some big revenge? Danny probably loved that instagram opportunity.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

It bugged me that Ben told Danny needed a job that gave him freedom. How many jobs, professional and entry-level ones at least, give you that much freedom? "Meet and greet guy who answers to no one" is a tough position to come by, and I don't think Danny really deserves to have a job that caters to his sense of entitlement. But maybe Ben meant something else with regard to freedom... Other than "no manager, no responsibility except to do what you feel like while others work"?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, thelonerafter said:

Finally, while I guess it was rude to tell Danny that the trams were broken, how did Brian think that making Danny take a donkey would be some big revenge? Danny probably loved that instagram opportunity.

Spot on! I was checking out #belowdeck on twitter earlier today and Tiffany had tweeted that Bravo edited out the best part -- Danny taking selfies on the donkey* LOL

Edited by JoJoPowerRanger · Reason: My mind was wandering around Abu Dhabi. TY rehoboth!
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, JoJoPowerRanger said:

Spot on! I was checking out #belowdeck on twitter earlier today and Tiffany had tweeted that Bravo edited out the best part -- Danny taking selfies on the camel LOL

Must be waiting for the reunion show. ;-D

(BTW camel was a donkey)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 7:12 PM, tinaw said:

I think its gonna be Bobby or Bryan going home

Would that it were so. Walking pricks, those two. Brian is an abusive, power hungry drunk. If he was my boss I wouldn't respect him.

I'm surprised that Captain Clueless didn't get wind of it early on.

Edited by Giselle
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

In defense of Capt. Mark.  He's basing his decision on job performance.  Yep, I think the behavior of the male deck crew was the worst of the worst but it goes back to the job.  Danny just didn't follow the requirements of his job.  It wasn't just about personality.  He crossed line with the guests.  Danny showed himself to not be helpful to the other crew.  He stood around a lot with the stews and offered no help.  And the same goes to a certain extent for Jen with her refusal to do things (aka knots) the way she was requested.  Sorry, but this is important because other crew have to deal with 'your' way.  Do it right and get over yourself.

Bobby and Bryan are vile.  And yeah, their behavior towards the stews were vile.  Capt. Mark was not aware of this because no one made him aware of this.

I still love Jules.  And I really do like Hannah.  Neither are perfect but I don't think they're mean people.  Tiffany is meh to me.  We have a history of Ben and he's no innocent although he's trying to portray himself that way.

I'm glad Danny and his entitled attitude is gone.   

Agreed but this is a unique situation in that the boat is an extremely tight work/living environment with really no chance of escaping abuse not even to retreat into one's shared cabin. Captain Clueless may not have known what was going on and someone should have spoke up especially about the general ass hole attitudes of Bobby and Bryan and especially about Brian's abusive drunkenness off hours. It wouldn't surprise me that Captain clueless overlooked it.

While making no excuses for Danny and Jen's poor job performance I do wonder how they would have fared better and if they would have risen and improved their skill set with different 2nd mate to lead them and not drunkenly berate them or have a power orgasm with almost every interaction.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

Danny is a good Bullscater but what is up with Bobby?

 

He wants to fight a 5'4" Danny and a 5'2" Julia?

 

And don't forget 90-pound Tiffany.   When she came out of her room to tell Bobby to be quiet when she was trying to sleep, he yelled "SHUT UP TIFFANY."  "Get back in your room."  The way he said it was chilling.  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, mytmo said:

The title should've been Asses to Asses.

You, Sir or Madam, win the entire thread.  Nothing else need be said here.

*sweeps up and turns out lights*

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Bryan and Bobby wouldn't have stood a chance with Capt. Lee.

Those two are like the two douchey guys at the bar trying to get chicks.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Agreed but this is a unique situation in that the boat is an extremely tight work/living environment with really no chance of escaping abuse not even to retreat into one's shared cabin. Captain Clueless may not have known what was going on and someone should have spoke up especially about the general ass hole attitudes of Bobby and Bryan and especially about Brian's abusive drunkenness off hours. It wouldn't surprise me that Captain clueless overlooked it.

While making no excuses for Danny and Jen's poor job performance I do wonder how they would have fared better and if they would have risen and improved their skill set with different 2nd mate to lead them and not drunkenly berate them or have a power orgasm with almost every interaction.

I believe it is pretty much an agreement what goes on on leave stays on leave.  Since they were all under the influence boarding the tender, normal rules don't apply.  Hannah pulled rank and started the downward spiral.  Bobby was rough on Jules and I am a little sick and tired of her dropping her boyfriend into conversations.  If she doesn't like Bobby then don't sit around while he plays the guitar-or ask Hannah or Tiffany to stick around and not leave you alone.  Jules just seemed like a homesick camper the whole time she was away.

Wasn't that what First mate Alex complained about Captain Lee the first season?  He didn't like the way the Captain talked to him.  I see the same dynamic with Jen.  Why exactly is she so special?  She didn't want to improve her skill set because she wasn't asked nice enough. 

 

1 minute ago, autumnh said:

Bryan and Bobby wouldn't have stood a chance with Capt. Lee.

Those two are like the two douchey guys at the bar trying to get chicks.

I like Captain Lee and I think he would have been just fine with Bobby and Bryan because they would have showed him respect.  When a subordinate is tasked with taking care of a wild card, the Captain can either step in and handle it, or let things be tended to by the immediate superior. The problem is the wild card, why shift the focus by overriding the wildcard's immediate superior or second guessing him? Personally, I can't imagine Captain Lee dealing with Jen's attitude.  About the time she said she would read a book and learn to tie a knot I think she would have gotten her one way ticket home.

I look at this way if a fire broke out, there was rough weather. or attempting to dock into a tight spot I would prefer by about 500% Bobby and Bryan to Jen (who can't tie a knot) and Danny.  These men are sailors, not ministers.  They are hired for their knowledge and ability to run the boat.  I don't think they should be speaking poorly to the ladies, but these ladies seem quite able to take care of themselves.  Jules had a meltdown because Ben asked for clarification when she was using too many pronouns. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Teddybear said:

And don't forget 90-pound Tiffany.   When she came out of her room to tell Bobby to be quiet when she was trying to sleep, he yelled "SHUT UP TIFFANY."  "Get back in your room."  The way he said it was chilling.  

She was amazingly polite in that interaction. All the gals showed a lot of class in that segment.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Bobby has some temper on him, doesn't he? Bryan, Bobby and lil' Danny are all such doucheberries, it makes me like Ben even more. 

I like the girls this ep. Even Hannah who is usually my least favorite. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, thelonerafter said:

Even with all of my Bobby and Brian hate, I'm not sure if they've done anything fireable by Below Deck standards.

Brian was at the point of sexual harassment with Tiffany in the Jacuzzi and I really though his sexual motions to Ben when he was merely talking to Tiff on deck was so wrong and disgusting.  He, at the very least, needs a workplace class on sexual harassment.  This day and age it seems very silly to have to type that.

Danny's face when the captain said that he didn't trust him was priceless!  I think he thought he had the captain snowed by that point.

Whoever create the title of this thread is awesome.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, autumnh said:

Bryan and Bobby wouldn't have stood a chance with Capt. Lee.

Those two are like the two douchey guys at the bar trying to get chicks.

They aren't like the douchey guys, they ARE the douchey guys. They can say what they want about Danny, but even with all of his antics, I've never felt like one of women he's interacted with was going to end up attacked. Can't say that about either of the other two. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I know it's shitty but I couldn't stop giggling when Danny got to sleep in the guest quarters and the next camera shot is 6'2" Bobby folded into his bunk.   Hilarity.    The donkey ride would've probably served as decent retribution, if Danny wasn't the sort who looked at inconveniences as adventures.

This right here.  Is what I came to say.  I know they were on the boat an extra was it 3? days.  However, I thought I heard the final tally come to 1800 euros each.   Correct me if that's not right.  1800 euros is nearly 2 grand.   For a what 7-8 day charter?  They made two thousand dollars in a week, on top of salary I'm assuming.  Don't the typical guests leave something like $1100-$1200 for a 4-5 day?   That's a stingy tip? 

 
 

I went to Santorini in 2012. My husband and I took the funicular, My sister the donkeys. On the way back they walked down the donkey stairs. They are poop covered at all time. All of these nicely dressed cruise people came back with poop on their shoes and legs. It was probably a pretty smelly journey for him. That gives me pleasure.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think the reason Bobby goes after Julia is because he knows he can't have her - so he sees her as a challenge. I bet if he slept with her she would just be a notch on his bedpost and nothing more ! 

Bobby and Bryan are very unprofessional. They are also very immature. If i were the Stews, i would have let them bring the girl on board as the blame would fall squarely on their shoulders and it would show the Captain what they are really like. They really showed their true colours at the end of this episode.

They are both bullies and behave like idiotic entitled frat boys ! 

I look forward to the girls giving Bryan the what for in the next episode !

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Seeing those poor donkeys brought back bad memories of the animal abuse they go through.   My Fodor's book strongly suggested taking the funicular instead and not to support the inhumane treatment of the donkeys (I won't get into it here but do a Google search if you want to know).  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I have to wonder what Captain Mark thinks after seeing episode's like this one.  Or the one of Bryan in the hot tub with Tiffany.  

If he thinks,  there usually doesn't seem to be much going on up there. ...

Danny needed to go,  he was breaking to many rules.  He was his own worst enemy, spoiled and over confident in his smarts.  But.....

That doesn't give Bryan and Bobby a pass. Pretty atrocious behavior from both of them last night.  

I agree the girls looked the best behavior wise that night.  Bobby screaming at them because they asked him nicely to keep it down was the last straw for me with Bobby, that and how he attacked Jules.  What a man child. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, autumnh said:

Bryan and Bobby wouldn't have stood a chance with Capt. Lee.

Those two are like the two douchey guys at the bar trying to get chicks.

Then they probably talk shit about the girls who reject them, calling them ugly and saying they must be gay to turn down two such hot studs such as themselves. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Teddybear said:

And don't forget 90-pound Tiffany.   When she came out of her room to tell Bobby to be quiet when she was trying to sleep, he yelled "SHUT UP TIFFANY."  "Get back in your room."  The way he said it was chilling.  

As was the ease with which Bobby accused Danny of putting his (Bobby's) job at risk by "making" Bobby lose his shit on and physically threaten Danny. It's classic abuser language. "You make me act like this."  No ownership of their own behavior. Very scary. 

13 minutes ago, Talky Tina said:

Then they probably talk shit about the girls who reject them, calling them ugly and saying they must be gay to turn down two such hot studs such as themselves. 

We saw Bobby do this with the girls who rejected him (and partied with Danny) when they went to the beach bar with the Middle-Aged Douchebag Charter. He called the girls "busted."  He is scum. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

Well neither of those guys have game. The only one with any game is Ben who has his choice of the stews. 

I do think Julia enjoyed cock teasing Bobby just a little too much which is a mistake with someone roid raging like that knucklehead.

With Danny the only correct move was a belaying pin across the head and a push overboard after the first charter. Just sayn'

Shiver me timbers arrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Talky Tina said:

Then they probably talk shit about the girls who reject them, calling them ugly and saying they must be gay to turn down two such hot studs such as themselves. 

Why did I just get a mental picture of Dan Akroyd and Steve Martin in the SNL skit - "Two Wild and Crazy Guys"?    ;-)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

  If she doesn't like Bobby then don't sit around while he plays the guitar-or ask Hannah or Tiffany to stick around and not leave you alone.  Jules just seemed like a homesick camper the whole time she was away.

So basically you are saying Jules should have no one-on-one interaction with Bobby, and if she does Bobby is fairly entitled to interpret that as sexual or romantic interest despite her telling him numerous times she has no such feelings for him? Yeah, no.  Jules told Bobby point blank that she was not interested in him. She has been friendly with him in the same way she has with everyone else.  We have not seen her making sexual advances toward him or even verbally hinting she would like a romantic relationship with him. All of the meaning attributed to any "flirting" was in Bobby's head. Moreover, if Jules did refuse to have any interaction with him, then she would be a "bitch" and a "cunt."  You can't win with Nice Guys like Bobby because they feel entitled to put their dicks in whomever they want....because their boners are special, damn it. Finally, Hannah was sitting right there while they were playing their instruments.  Then Julia walked away when Bobby got that dipshit look on his face. Jules mentions her boyfriend so much because Bobby clearly does not respect her lack of interest in and of itself, but sometimes Nice Guys like him will back off if they perceive the object of their desire as property that belongs to another man. 

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Teddybear said:

And don't forget 90-pound Tiffany.   When she came out of her room to tell Bobby to be quiet when she was trying to sleep, he yelled "SHUT UP TIFFANY."  "Get back in your room."  The way he said it was chilling.  

I forgot about tiff.. Jeez... I hope Bobby is acting or else his mother didn't raise a gentleman did she?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Teddybear said:

And don't forget 90-pound Tiffany.   When she came out of her room to tell Bobby to be quiet when she was trying to sleep, he yelled "SHUT UP TIFFANY."  "Get back in your room."  The way he said it was chilling.  

And when she got out his stupid pants from the dryer for him, he stalked away without a thank you and then asked what her problem was.  God.

The charter guests were drunken fools, but I will admit that I laughed when the one guy asked about the donkey, "Where's the cup holder on this thing?"

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, mytmo said:

The title should've been Asses to Asses.

Captain Mark if he was a good Manager should have moved Danny to being Ben's assistant but then again once Danny broke the rules by fraternizing with the charter guests and sharing photos of the Tilted Kilt girls he should've been fired on the spot.  Captain Lee by far is the better Captain here and it would be great to see how he would've responded.  I knew Captain Mark was a dick by the way he talked to Hannah after the douche guests complained.  He was not remotely interested in her side of the story.  

 

Ben doesnt need a full time assistant. A good manager would have fired Danny the second he handed the poem to fish lives matter girl. It wasn't his first transgression and  his response to the Captain that he still thinks what he did was right, he should have been handed a ticket right then. 

And when she got out his stupid pants from the dryer for him, he stalked away without a thank you and then asked what her problem was.  God.

That was Bryan not Bobby. They are both such douches it can be difficult to keep their behavior straight.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Pretty disappointed with Captain Mark for not seeing what an ass Bryan is.  He did not handle the Danny situation well, as Mark claimed.  He managed by belittling, tattling, and sniping.  Captain Lee wouldn't have been this blind.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Belowdeckchatter said:

I forgot about tiff.. Jeez... I hope Bobby is acting or else his mother didn't raise a gentleman did she?

I doubt he's acting. And it goes beyond not being a "gentleman."  He seems massively insecure, has a hair-trigger temper, and lashes out violently whenever he feels that his manhood has been threatened.  Whoever becomes his girlfriend or wife may learn this lesson in a hard way.

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, Giselle said:

Would that it were so. Walking pricks, those two. Brian is an abusive, power hungry drunk. If he was my boss I wouldn't respect him.

I'm surprised that Captain Clueless didn't get wind of it early on.

I'm just so impressed by all of the things Lee was able to figure out by just watching and listening to his crew. Mark just seems like he wants nothing to do with them and stays away to the detriment of the ship, crew, and the guests.

3 hours ago, jkitty said:

As was the ease with which Bobby accused Danny of putting his (Bobby's) job at risk by "making" Bobby lose his shit on and physically threaten Danny. It's classic abuser language. "You make me act like this."  No ownership of their own behavior. Very scary. 

We saw Bobby do this with the girls who rejected him (and partied with Danny) when they went to the beach bar with the Middle-Aged Douchebag Charter. He called the girls "busted."  He is scum. 

When Bobby was talking about how Danny made him act this way, I was like hold the phone/shoe Ike Turner. Danny has annoyed nearly everyone on this crew, but only one mofo is constantly threatening violence in response. Danny is obnoxious, but Bobby is an asshole.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Teddybear said:

And don't forget 90-pound Tiffany.   When she came out of her room to tell Bobby to be quiet when she was trying to sleep, he yelled "SHUT UP TIFFANY."  "Get back in your room."  The way he said it was chilling.  

I did like though how she was like, "I AM in my room". 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

I doubt he's acting. And it goes beyond not being a "gentleman."  He seems massively insecure and has a hair-trigger temper and lashes out violently whenever he feels that his manhood has been threatened.  Whoever becomes his girlfriend or wife may learn this lesson in a hard way.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a mug shot of Bobby and Bryan one of these days, one for assault the other for a DUI.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, jkitty said:

So basically you are saying Jules should have no one-on-one interaction with Bobby, and if she does Bobby is fairly entitled to interpret that as sexual or romantic interest despite her telling him numerous times she has no such feelings for him? Yeah, no.  Jules told Bobby point blank that she was not interested in him. She has been friendly with him in the same way she has with everyone else.  We have not seen her making sexual advances toward him or even verbally hinting she would like a romantic relationship with him. All of the meaning attributed to any "flirting" was in Bobby's head. Moreover, if Jules did refuse to have any interaction with him, then she would be a "bitch" and a "cunt."  You can't win with Nice Guys like Bobby because they feel entitled to put their dicks in whomever they want....because their boners are special, damn it. Finally, Hannah was sitting right there while they were playing their instruments.  Then Julia walked away when Bobby got that dipshit look on his face. Jules mentions her boyfriend so much because Bobby clearly does not respect her lack of interest in and of itself, but sometimes Nice Guys like him will back off if they perceive the object of their desire as property that belongs to another man. 

Bravo!  Couldn't agree more.

 

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm just so impressed by all of the things Lee was able to figure out by just watching and listening to his crew. Mark just seems like he wants nothing to do with them and stays away to the detriment of the ship, crew, and the guests.

I think Capt Lee has more experience with tv shows filming and probably hiring some of the staff.  His first season wasn't as rigid as last season.  I think Capt Mark might have to learn this.  He is probably used to a professional staff and not having guests who come out of central casting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Danny was truly annoying but I really hated it when Bobby threw all of Danny's stuff out of the room and onto the hall floor.  Who the fuck does he think he is and what made bobby think it was okay to put his hands on someone else's personal property.  Don't remember if Captain Mark saw what Bobby did but Bobby should have been reprimanded on that issue by either the Captain or Bryan.  Brian's too much of an immature dick to do that though. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, beesknees said:

Danny was truly annoying but I really hated it when Bobby threw all of Danny's stuff out of the room and onto the hall floor.  Who the fuck does he think he is and what made bobby think it was okay to put his hands on someone else's personal property.  Don't remember if Captain Mark saw what Bobby did but Bobby should have been reprimanded on that issue by either the Captain or Bryan.  Brian's too much of an immature dick to do that though. 

He definitely saw it he was in the crew galley when it happened and made the decision to have Danny sleep in the guest quarters.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone know where these "guests" come from? Do they get a huge discount or free charter if they promise to act a certain way? I mean, what kind of person with any class would want their every move on vacation filmed for TV?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Bravo!  Couldn't agree more.

 

I think Capt Lee has more experience with tv shows filming and probably hiring some of the staff.  His first season wasn't as rigid as last season.  I think Capt Mark might have to learn this.  He is probably used to a professional staff and not having guests who come out of central casting.

Both guests and crew that come out of central casting.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, thelonerafter said:

In all honesty Danny should've been fired quite a while ago, but it was hard to be excited for him to leave when I knew it'd lead to seeing Brian and Bobby being all smug. I think it's interesting how the rest of the crew has been shown to dislike Danny (through TH's like Tiff's commenting on how he's all talk or Hannah's altercation with him at dinner) yet they managed not to constantly pile onto him the way Bobby and Brian did.

Also find it interesting how Jen had commented earlier in the season that she found one of the stews attractive (forgot which one) yet she's not constantly pining away and constantly harassing her. The "friend zone" is so annoying to hear about because it's typically self made. Usually it seems the guy agrees to be just friends after the girl rejects his romantic feelings then gets annoyed that they're just friends?? You're an adult, don't agree to be friends if you aren't mature enough to handle being friends with someone who doesn't like you back!

Even with all of my Bobby and Brian hate, I'm not sure if they've done anything fireable by Below Deck standards. However the Captain definitely shouldn't have acted like Brian did a great job handling Danny, and should've had at least some kind of talk with Bobby about how you can't go all roid rage on a coworker and throw their stuff in a very small hallway (couldn't that be like a fire hazard? Like an obstruction in case there was a need to escape?)

Also think someone should've/should in the next episode go to the Captain about the boy's behavior getting on the tender. I know nothing would probably come from Bobby's language because it's off the clock and doesn't relate directly to his work, but the fact that the First Mate was going to allow one of his deck hands to break the rules because it's the deck hand that's his buddy should be worth something.

Finally, while I guess it was rude to tell Danny that the trams were broken, how did Brian think that making Danny take a donkey would be some big revenge? Danny probably loved that instagram opportunity.

Quite agree - it took away my fun.  I could not enjoy Danny leaving because of the happiness it gave to Bobby and Bryan.  No one likes watching a pile on. 

I actually didn't mind Bryan taking the picture of Danny with his phone out on the deck as childish as that was.  Danny just can't leave himself open to that when he is in the position he was in.  Now if they could have totally cut Bobby out of the episode, it would have been a much better story.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

Anyone know where these "guests" come from? Do they get a huge discount or free charter if they promise to act a certain way? I mean, what kind of person with any class would want their every move on vacation filmed for TV?

Here's how they're recruited. Can't say how they get them to act like asses.

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 7.28.20 AM.png

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think you can get old Grantland podcasts but on the Right Reasons they mentioned they had seen the contract and for BD-Caribbean the rate was 40% of the full charter price and didn't cover travel to or from port.

Edited by biakbiak

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I don't think you can get old Grantland podcasts but on the Right Reasons they mentioned they had seen the contract and for BD-Caribbean the rate was 40% of the full charter price and didn't cover travel to or from port.

wow, for me a discount of 60% wouldn't do it (they'd need to pay me) so I guess these people really do want to have their every move filmed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, jkitty said:

As was the ease with which Bobby accused Danny of putting his (Bobby's) job at risk by "making" Bobby lose his shit on and physically threaten Danny. It's classic abuser language. "You make me act like this."  No ownership of their own behavior. Very scary. 

Yup. For people who want to see a real live abuser in action, Bobby Giancola is a text book case, even down to his massive apology today on Twitter after seeing his behavior -- http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/below-deck-med-bobby-giancola-has-one-major-regret  -- regret which seemed to last only until anyone dared to disagree with him and then he's back to the old pattern -- Bobby Giancola Twitter .   Mark my words.  If he does not make a big change, his next girlfriend or wife will end up in a hospital, or dead.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

That was Bryan not Bobby. They are both such douches it can be difficult to keep their behavior straight.

I think the "he" in the post I had quoted was confusing.  I thought it was Bryan who yelled at Tiffany to get back in her room during the Bobby tantrum, and then Bryan again with the pants.  I didn't think Bobby was coherent enough to take time to yell at Tiffany at the time, and Bryan was throwing his weight around trying to control the situation in favor of his pet.

(But I've deleted the episode and can't check, nor do I think I'd have the stomach to watch again!)

Edited by Jobiska

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Jobiska said:

I think the "he" in the post I had quoted was confusing.  I thought it was Bryan who yelled at Tiffany to get back in her room during the Bobby tantrum, and then Bryan again with the pants.  I didn't think Bobby was coherent enough to take time to yell at Tiffany at the time, and Bryan was throwing his weight around trying to control the situation in favor of his pet.

No, it was Bryan with the pants and Bobby yelling at Tiffany to shut up and stay in her room.  Bobby did not appear to be drunk or incoherent, just his usual asshole self.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

They aren't like the douchey guys, they ARE the douchey guys. They can say what they want about Danny, but even with all of his antics, I've never felt like one of women he's interacted with was going to end up attacked. Can't say that about either of the other two. 

 

Danny might have been annoying and yes...he flirted with a guest BUT I think he isn't nearly as douchey as Bryan or Bobby....danny would be the guy (as a Brooklyn girl) who would stand up FOR the girl against those two d'bags.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

My husband went to high school with someone who either works for the casting company or production for the show, and she's posted on Facebook recruiting for charter guests.  I believe the discount was 50%.  The weekly rates for the Ionian princess depend on the season, from $137k - $181k.  Not sure what season they filmed, and how they would prorate the 3 or 4 day trips, but a lot of money appears to be spent.

It boggles my mind that anyone would spend that much on a vacation and would subject themselves to cameras and shenanigans of a reality show. But I've never understood the mind-set of famewhores anyway.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm actually working with a "Danny" right now.  He sucks up to guests, but does nothing behind the scenes.  He actually asked me this morning why I haven't taken on his job responsibilities, because he knows he's not doing them and they need to get done!  People like that are clueless and not self aware at all.  It was interesting to see that the entire crew was frustrated.  It shows how out of touch the Captain  is that Bryan got the promotion, even if it was just for the last charter.

I thought Ben and Tiffany were sweet, who saw that coming?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, autumnh said:

 

Danny might have been annoying and yes...he flirted with a guest BUT I think he isn't nearly as douchey as Bryan or Bobby....danny would be the guy (as a Brooklyn girl) who would stand up FOR the girl against those two d'bags.

I don't think that's true of Danny. He never stood up for women, used sexist and homophobic insults against Bobby and Bryan (who are both crazy assholes but that doesn't absolve Danny for going to that well) and gladly used the pics that he had taken on his phone of the women on previous charter to titillate the gross dudes. Also, none of the women on the crew were upset that he left. Yes, Julia and Tiffany might have given him a sending off but they also didn't lIke him. He saw how Bryan and Bobby treated the women and never stood up for them. I am not absolving B/B of their behavior bit the only thing Danny stood up for was his belief that he was entitled to his phone/instagram. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

No, it was Bryan with the pants and Bobby yelling at Tiffany to shut up and stay in her room.  Bobby did not appear to be drunk or incoherent, just his usual asshole self.

Okay, gotcha, but I feel like Bryan was in the mix being an officious jerk as well.  Maybe silent and off camera, but he exudes that no matter where he is!

(And I didn't mean drunk-incoherent, but I think my ears go bad when someone is shouting with rage.   He could have been quoting the Oxford English Dictionary and I'd still have translated it as incoherent rage due to the level of his mouth-frothing).

Edited by Jobiska

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size