Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: The Beautiful Thing About Subpar

• Start Topic

Hannah hopes for a generous tip as the guests finally prepare to leave; Captain Mark makes a big decision that will shake up the dynamic of the entire crew; Ben and Tiffany take their flirtation to the next level.

12 hours ago, tinaw said:

I think its gonna be Bobby or Bryan going home

I think so too. Danny is constantly unprofessional, but Bobby cannot tamp his irritation with Danny down in front of guests. I guess there's also the possibility that Jen's general incompetence allows something catastrophic to happen and she gets sent home, but she's the dark horse.

• Love 1
(edited)

I WANT it to be Bobby.  Danny is annoying, but Bobby?

Smug and a toady.  If you're a toady, you have no business being smug.  Plus.  He's friends with Arianna from Vanderpool Rules.

Dislike by association.

Sigh. I'm so disappointed.   And Bryan gets promoted?  Rolls eyes.  Captain Mark is clueless.  

Edited by dosodog
dreams don't come true
  • Love 9

"Congratulations Bryan, you're officially a douchebag." -- All of us, voiced by Jen

As much as thy complained about Danny's lack of professionalism? Bryan and Bobby were just as unprofessional in this episode. A good manager doesn't mock or bait their reports. I hate that Bryan was rewarded for his crap attitude. And Bobby disobeying the captain's orders? Why is he better? 

Also, I'm not sure why, but Tiffany bugs me. I know it's irrational, as she's not a horrible person, but I don't get what the guys see in her. To quote Jen, again: "I can't."

• Love 14

Wow! Bryan got the job. Captain Mark is clueless. I really thought Bobby was gone. Glad Danny is gone, but he wont get it until he gets fired again i think.

I cant wait to find out how Mark feels seeing what really happened this season. 

Next week should be interestjng too

• Love 4

Bryan and Bobby are such irritatingly officious pricks that they almost made me side with the heinous slug saying "butt buddies" on a loop.

Almost but not quite, so, fuck off Danny!

• Love 12
(edited)

Wow, Danny sucked but Bobby & Bryan are just as bad in different ways.  Sad to see Bryan rewarded.  He's the epitome of someone who manages up very well.  Meanwhile, most of his peers and direct reports hate him.

Nice to see the stews as a united front.  Enjoyed watching them become friends this season and work well together. 

The discussion between Ben & Julia was also good.  Glad to see them calmly close the door on the class discussion and remain friends.  

Edited by snarts
  • Love 17

Danny's use of that term was just so... Danny.

And yes, Danny. I hate when someone tells me I do a good job. If I were subpar, there'd still be room for improvement! Beautiful!

• Love 8

Next week's previews redeemed this episode for me, though I'm not sure it counts since it wasn't technically this week's content. I really hope all the women confronting those two abusive misogynists is a satisfying conclusion. 

If I were Hannah, the second the sober light of morning hit, I would gather whoever the typically-offscreen member of deck/engineering management is (I think it's the guy we saw on a small boat with Danny towards the beginning of the episode; previous iterations of Mothership have mentioned these guys, I forget their job title, but they seem to outrank the bosun and appear on-camera for processing serious incidents like postmortem of the galley fire in Leon's kitchen) and go to Mark and very unemotionally but forcefully insist on submitting an official, witnessed report of what those assholes pulled. I don't care that it was off-charter, if one of my coworkers called me and my female coworkers c**** during a work-sponsored happy hour or something, for enforcing a previously-iterated boat policy, I would make sure he was held accountable. There are things that you write off as personality deficits, and there's abuse. Confronting them head-on is admirable, but they need to be advocating for themselves to their captain directly. Especially if I was being filmed for a TV show I think I'd feel the burden of making an official complaint, to show women watching the importance of refusing to take shit like that on the chin, and making management fully aware of the situation so they have the burden of either dealing with it properly or sweeping it under the rug.

I will be pretty infuriated if Andy doesn't hold Mark's feet to the fire a bit in the reunion to get his opinion of Bryan and Bobby. Mark's witnessed at least some of Bryan's ragey and vindictive management style and rewarded him with a promotion and effusive praise. I want to hear his frank opinion of Bryan and Bobby now that he's seen all the footage. And I don't want to hear if their personalities are yachtie-typical; if it is, it shows that it's a sham of an industry. I'm glad that the preview alludes to a confrontation between them and the women; hopefully they just have saintlike patience because they know they're confined on this boat with the motherfuckers, and there's no getting rid of them, and not that they're being doormats and taking the abuse. 

Ugh, what a crate of rotten apples Danny, Bryan, and Bobby turned out to be. All three of them made my blood boil when every other word out of their mouth was either implicitly or explicitly sexist and/or homophobic. They're all bad people, and future employers and girlfriends should watch them in action and steer clear. 

• Love 21

Danny is a good Bullscater but what is up with Bobby?

He wants to fight a 5'4" Danny and a 5'2" Julia?

someday and somewhere a real tough guy is gonna take him up on his "lets take it outside" "rip my shirt of Hulk style" threat. I hope he is as tough as he thinks he is.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Next week's previews redeemed this episode for me, though I'm not sure it counts since it wasn't technically this week's content. I really hope all the women confronting those two abusive misogynists is a satisfying conclusion. 

If I were Hannah, the second the sober light of morning hit, I would gather whoever the typically-offscreen member of deck/engineering management is (I think it's the guy we saw on a small boat with Danny towards the beginning of the episode; previous iterations of Mothership have mentioned these guys, I forget their job title, but they seem to outrank the bosun and appear on-camera for processing serious incidents like postmortem of the galley fire in Leon's kitchen) and go to Mark and very unemotionally but forcefully insist on submitting an official, witnessed report of what those assholes pulled. I don't care that it was off-charter, if one of my coworkers called me and my female coworkers c**** during a work-sponsored happy hour or something, for enforcing a previously-iterated boat policy, I would make sure he was held accountable. There are things that you write off as personality deficits, and there's abuse. Confronting them head-on is admirable, but they need to be advocating for themselves to their captain directly. Especially if I was being filmed for a TV show I think I'd feel the burden of making an official complaint, to show women watching the importance of refusing to take shit like that on the chin, and making management fully aware of the situation so they have the burden of either dealing with it properly or sweeping it under the rug.

I will be pretty infuriated if Andy doesn't hold Mark's feet to the fire a bit in the reunion to get his opinion of Bryan and Bobby. Mark's witnessed at least some of Bryan's ragey and vindictive management style and rewarded him with a promotion and effusive praise. I want to hear his frank opinion of Bryan and Bobby now that he's seen all the footage. And I don't want to hear if their personalities are yachtie-typical; if it is, it shows that it's a sham of an industry. I'm glad that the preview alludes to a confrontation between them and the women; hopefully they just have saintlike patience because they know they're confined on this boat with the motherfuckers, and there's no getting rid of them, and not that they're being doormats and taking the abuse. 

Ugh, what a crate of rotten apples Danny, Bryan, and Bobby turned out to be. All three of them made my blood boil when every other word out of their mouth was either implicitly or explicitly sexist and/or homophobic. They're all bad people, and future employers and girlfriends should watch them in action and steer clear. 

I must have missed that little part of their tete-a-tete - I'll have to watch again.  Whomever said that is lucky they didn't get their face smacked...just as, if I were Julia, I would have punched the oversized teeth right out of Bobby's drunken, filth-spilling mouth when he called her boyfriend a pussy.  WTF?  He's never met the guy, he knows nothing about their relationship or anything about Matty - I'm surprised that Matty isn't booking a flight to wherever it is that Bobby lives (is he from New York?) to just punch his lights out.  Again, what an asshole!  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, njbchlover said:

I must have missed that little part of their tete-a-tete - I'll have to watch again.  Whomever said that is lucky they didn't get their face smacked...just as, if I were Julia, I would have punched the oversized teeth right out of Bobby's drunken, filth-spilling mouth when he called her boyfriend a pussy.  WTF?  He's never met the guy, he knows nothing about their relationship or anything about Matty - I'm surprised that Matty isn't booking a flight to wherever it is that Bobby lives (is he from New York?) to just punch his lights out.  Again, what an asshole!  

Granted, the editors captioned it - and I'd have to rewatch to see if it was Bobby or Bryan who said it, but it was one of them - as "f**** *****" and didn't give us the first letter of the second expletive. It was right before they bid adieu to the women they were trying to take back to the boat, and the women certainly reacted like they had just been called c****. The entire behavior was beyond the pale, and even without dropping the c-word I would be bringing it to Mark with the utmost seriousness, but I'm 99% sure that's the word they used.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Granted, the editors captioned it - and I'd have to rewatch to see if it was Bobby or Bryan who said it, but it was one of them - as "f**** *****" and didn't give us the first letter of the second expletive. It was right before they bid adieu to the women they were trying to take back to the boat, and the women certainly reacted like they had just been called c****. The entire behavior was beyond the pale, and even without dropping the c-word I would be bringing it to Mark with the utmost seriousness, but I'm 99% sure that's the word they used.

I just re-watched and you're right.  I missed seeing the captioned expletive on my first watching.  It was Bobby who said it, and all the girls on the boat were shocked.  Bobby's lucky that when he was getting on the tender one of the girls didn't kick him in the groin.

• Love 4

"The beautiful thing about being subpar is that there's room for improvement."  The best thing about this quote is that it was said without an ounce of irony or sarcasm!!  I didn't even notice it was the title of this episode until I came here!  Too funny.

• Love 15

In defense of Capt. Mark.  He's basing his decision on job performance.  Yep, I think the behavior of the male deck crew was the worst of the worst but it goes back to the job.  Danny just didn't follow the requirements of his job.  It wasn't just about personality.  He crossed line with the guests.  Danny showed himself to not be helpful to the other crew.  He stood around a lot with the stews and offered no help.  And the same goes to a certain extent for Jen with her refusal to do things (aka knots) the way she was requested.  Sorry, but this is important because other crew have to deal with 'your' way.  Do it right and get over yourself.

Bobby and Bryan are vile.  And yeah, their behavior towards the stews were vile.  Capt. Mark was not aware of this because no one made him aware of this.

I still love Jules.  And I really do like Hannah.  Neither are perfect but I don't think they're mean people.  Tiffany is meh to me.  We have a history of Ben and he's no innocent although he's trying to portray himself that way.

I'm glad Danny and his entitled attitude is gone.   

• Love 12

What the hell was up with Jules trying on the guests pants without their knowledge?

I still don't get why Ben's chef coat looks like PJs.

Bobby is from Florida. 

Bryan and Bobby are vile but Danny is so ridiculous that I am so glad he went home. 

• Love 4

For a minute I thought that in a surprise twist Julia was going to get caught trying on the guests clothes and be the one to go home.

Bryan is a douchelord, but him tricking Danny into riding a donkey up the cliff was funny.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

What the hell was up with Jules trying on the guests pants without their knowledge?

I still don't get why Ben's chef coat looks like PJs.

Bobby is from Florida. 

Bryan and Bobby are vile but Danny is so ridiculous that I am so glad he went home. 

It was wrong but I still got a chuckle out of it.  I give her a pass on this one especially after having to deal with these low class people for how many days????

(edited)

I just spotted a striking resemblance between Jules and Leann Rimes.  Although I don't think LeAnn sports a moustache.  Jules comes off as one of those women that is naturally flirty.  She lost her right to bitch about how classless the guests were we she tried on someone's pants.

Hannah lost her "five star service" rating when she referred to the guests as "you guys".  She was pretty whiny about the tip.  Might she have contributed to a lesser tip with her attitude?

Danny s one of the guys that just pushes the boundaries, such a provocateur.  Calling his superiors "butt buddies", saying someone has a baboon face and the monkey called and wants his face back.  Probably lucky he didn't get decked.  He is absolutely clueless regarding rank and how it works on quasi-military environment.  I don't think he should have gotten the guest room.  It felt like the last guests had offered him a job and he was wanted to get fired.

Another week and I am not feeling the appropriate Bryan hate. How he managed to deal with both Jen and Danny is a testament in people management.  Jen has still contributed absolutely zero.

The captain came out of hibernation.   His style is so different than Captain Lee and just as effective.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, bosawks said:

If the captain made Bryan fire Bobby he would immediately vault to my favorite BRAVO character ever, sorry Camille Grammer's jewelry, you're now in second place!

Remind me?  I remember her six rotating nannies (rotating so she was never alone with the kids), but I'm blanking on the jewelry.  Season 1 Camille was reality tv gold!  

• Love 3

I could not stand Danny, but Bobby's tantrum should've gotten him thrown off the boat right along with Danny.  I don't care much for Jen, but I actually really like the rest of the girls.  Brian sucks, but I take comfort in the fact that Captain Lee would never have promoted his ass.  

Danny indicates in his blog that he did some work in the Carribean after he got the boot.   His mug better not show up on my original Below Deck.

• Love 5
(edited)

The editing was rapid choppy cuts, but I did catch the nasty "FC" comment. We also saw Brian making the gross fist/arm/hip motion, simulating sex, while Ben and Tiffany were chatting together on the deck. I don't like the sneaky shots of the female crew mostly naked as they sleep, and I think we saw a one-second shot of a boner on a sleeping male crew member.

Perhaps the captain kept Bobby because they have only one more charter and no one to fill in for him at the last minute. I doubt he would keep much of this crew around in real life.

The way they all drink and party on their off nights - it's inevitable that some of this stuff is going to happen. I wonder if the real-life crews carry on this way. I keep thinking that with true five-star service they would be more professional during their free time off ship, but perhaps not.

Showing how little self-awareness he possesses, Danny claimed he was shocked to get fired. He deserved it, but so do the other two creeps. Perhaps Danny's true home is as a tour guide, or running social programs somewhere. But even then one must show some awareness of boundaries.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 3

Dear god Danny is delusional... I've known this for many weeks but it still blows my mind. The weepy sobbing about subpar being beautiful? Eek. I did like the way Captain Mark was just firm and to the point during the firing. Even if it came five charters too late. I could not believe the way he just stood there while Bobby was raging around yelling "I'm gonna beat your fucking ass!" right in front of him though. 

And did I hear Bryan right that he agreed with Bobby when Bobby said he could do whatever he wanted because look how long it took to fire Danny? Um. Great first mate ya got there, Capt Mark!

• Love 12

I thought this was a good wrap up to the season kind of show even though I do not like most of the people at this point.  I don't want to see these drunk people out partying and telling each other off.  There is really nothing more I want to know about any of them save Jules or maybe Hannah.  I don't like any of the men except Ben, who is an interesting character, I don't get Tiffany and I sometimes forget that Jen is there.

I think Danny was fired instead of Bobby because there is one more charter and Bobby can pick up Danny's slack but the reverse is not true.  Other than that, both of them would be gone.

Bryan showed he should not have been promoted by his behavior when Bobby wanted to bring that girl over to the yacht.  When you are in "management", you have to represent your boat, your company, etc... at all times.  He can't turn being First Mate on and off - he is First Mate all the time.  We'll see who else will hire him after this show airs.  He must be adequate at all the yachting procedures that Captain Mark supervises but shows little promise as a manager.

Two points from last night:  loved when Bobby finally realized that Hannah outranks him and loooooooved the beauty of being subpar line - that made my night. ;-D

• Love 8
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

In defense of Capt. Mark.  He's basing his decision on job performance.  Yep, I think the behavior of the male deck crew was the worst of the worst but it goes back to the job.  Danny just didn't follow the requirements of his job.  It wasn't just about personality.  He crossed line with the guests.  Danny showed himself to not be helpful to the other crew.  He stood around a lot with the stews and offered no help.  And the same goes to a certain extent for Jen with her refusal to do things (aka knots) the way she was requested.  Sorry, but this is important because other crew have to deal with 'your' way.  Do it right and get over yourself.

I agree.  The issue with Danny is he disobeyed an order.  He was told not to give that girl his lame poem and he did it anyway.  Danny felt that he was right, he felt his behavior was fine and nobody was going to tell him otherwise. 

I think if this had been a real ship, the captain would have fired Danny earlier.  I thought the reason Bryan and Bobby were so nasty to Danny was because Danny was like a palmetto bug, no matter how many times you step on him, he never dies.  No matter what Danny would do, it was all good.  I'd be pretty pissed to.  It took too long to fire Danny, so now Bryan and Bobby might feel, everything's all good because Danny got away with so much shit for so long. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, announcergirl said:

One things for sure, Danny was small but he didn't back down. His mouth is cutting.

I don't know if calling somebody a butt buddy and baboon face is really cutting. He strikes me as a little guy with a big mouth.

• Like 1
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, candall said:

I agree with firing Danny because that was the most efficient path to eliminating the friction.

But I also think Bryan and Bobby are every bit as much to blame for that friction and no less deserving of the boot.

The captain stood there, having been informed Danny engaged in "name-calling," and witnessed firsthand Bobby stomping around, half naked and all pumped up in roid rage, screaming about "kicking Danny's fucking ass" and then throwing all his stuff out of the cabin.  I can see pegging Danny as the fulcrum of the problem, but taking that all in and then congratulating Bryan on the professional excellence of his management style???

Bryan was nauseating with his smarmy sucking up about "trying everything" to control Danny.  If he meant, "I hover over Danny, making snide remarks and desperately hoping to pounce on an infraction," then yes.  Bryan and Bobby poured ten times more energy into their Danny-hate than their damn jobs.

And it's like crunching on tin foil every time I hear one of these dickweeds start off with:  "Cap, . . . ."--like they're addressing a good buddy with a jocular nickname.

It just would have been nice to see Captain Lee roll in there like thunder and throw out one-way tickets home like ninja stars.

Danny had the wrong idea from the get go about what yachting was all about. He was there for the Hollywood aspect and just simply refused to follow directions, be it Bryan's or the Captain's.

The Captain saw the argument and I agreed with him, the most important thing was realizing Bobby and Danny could not share the same staff quarters.  Had there been guests they would probably do what the crew did when someone moved in with Ben.

A good Captain be it Captain Lee or Mark, knows you can't just fire the experience deckhands because one of them lost their temper. Captain Lee let Rocky get away with quite a bit and only said he was disappointed in Eddie for hooking up and more importantly lying about Rocky. The third Sam was a miserable person and the Captain let her remain-and all she did was complain and sleep.  First duty is to the yacht owner and keeping the yacht staffed so they can take on revenue producing charters.  With the exception of Danny, the infractions and tiffs were pretty minimal.  My guess is what happens during leave, is not necessarily used against one.

• Love 1
(edited)

If anyone ever hands me an envelope with a couple thousand dollars or say, two weeks of bonus salary for five days of work, when they're under zero obligation to do so, I hope that I would be gracious enough to say "thank you" instead of bitching that the amount should have been double and suggesting the donors weren't worthy of entering my rarified orbit in the first place.

The only time I've shared Bobby's opinion all season.

Edited by candall
changed "assholes" to "donors." Hee.
  • Love 8

I don't like the sneaky shots of the female crew mostly naked as they sleep, and I think we saw a one-second shot of a boner on a sleeping male crew member.

Honestly, I think might have seen more than that... in the montage of bed shots after Tiffany and Ben were laughing at the double hoodie comment and Tiffany pretending to be hard core gangster I think there was a split second shot of two separate crew members with their hands in their pants. I rewound once and can't be 100% sure and it might be me projecting because the a lot of the crew drama is sex-based, but still.

No judgment (except on Bravo for using the footage), but if they're going to insist on cameras in staff rooms, maybe make them go black sometimes?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

A good Captain be it Captain Lee or Mark, knows you can't just fire the experience deckhands because one of them lost their temper. Captain Lee let Rocky get away with quite a bit and only said he was disappointed in Eddie for hooking up and more importantly lying about Rocky. The third Sam was a miserable person and the Captain let her remain-and all she did was complain and sleep.  First duty is to the yacht owner and keeping the yacht staffed so they can take on revenue producing charters.  With the exception of Danny, the infractions and tiffs were pretty minimal.  My guess is what happens during leave, is not necessarily used against one.

I think the Rocky situation was due to the fact that they had too much bleeding in the interior with Leon getting fired, and probably production influence. If I remember his blog around those batches of episodes correctly Lee said he would have fired her but the timing was wrong. I didn't expect him to fire Bryan or Bobby, but I expect some criticism of them either face-to-face or at the very least to us in a talking head.

I have no idea if Mark is a 'good' captain or not. I feel like he's disappointing at being a Below Deck captain character. I'm not sure if Bobby's behavior was fireable, but it deserved taking the guy aside to talk to him about composure. At least some of those shouting flare-ups were during the charter. If he's not going to do that, explain to us via a 1:1 which approach he's taking, and why. He comes across as very passive, and when I read closely between the lines, the crew doesn't really respect him for it. When Hannah reported Danny's phone faux pas, she informed Mark that any other yacht she's worked on it would be a fireable offense. Ben stepped in and basically mediated the fight, with Mark just watching. Bobby and Bryan drunkenly crow about bringing women back because it's not like rule-breaking means anything if Danny only just now got fired. It's totally possible Mark's style is in line with owner expectations, but he's failing at his second job, the show. And maybe the show's editors are helping him fail at it, by not airing confessionals that would help us better understand the way he works and why, but he doesn't come off well in moments like the Danny vs Bobby fight.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Danny had the wrong idea from the get go about what yachting was all about. He was there for the Hollywood aspect and just simply refused to follow directions, be it Bryan's or the Captain's.

The Captain saw the argument and I agreed with him, the most important thing was realizing Bobby and Danny could not share the same staff quarters.  Had there been guests they would probably do what the crew did when someone moved in with Ben.

I know it's shitty but I couldn't stop giggling when Danny got to sleep in the guest quarters and the next camera shot is 6'2" Bobby folded into his bunk.   Hilarity.    The donkey ride would've probably served as decent retribution, if Danny wasn't the sort who looked at inconveniences as adventures.

1 hour ago, candall said:

If anyone ever hands me an envelope with a couple thousand dollars or say, two weeks of bonus salary for five days of work, when they're under zero obligation to do so, I hope that I would be gracious enough to say "thank you" instead of bitching that the amount should have been double and suggesting the assholes weren't worthy of entering my rarified orbit in the first place.

The only time I've shared Bobby's opinion all season.

This right here.  Is what I came to say.  I know they were on the boat an extra was it 3? days.  However, I thought I heard the final tally come to 1800 euros each.   Correct me if that's not right.  1800 euros is nearly 2 grand.   For a what 7-8 day charter?  They made two thousand dollars in a week, on top of salary I'm assuming.  Don't the typical guests leave something like $1100-$1200 for a 4-5 day?   That's a stingy tip? 

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
nouns. important.
  • Love 4

The title should've been Asses to Asses.

Captain Mark if he was a good Manager should have moved Danny to being Ben's assistant but then again once Danny broke the rules by fraternizing with the charter guests and sharing photos of the Tilted Kilt girls he should've been fired on the spot.  Captain Lee by far is the better Captain here and it would be great to see how he would've responded.  I knew Captain Mark was a dick by the way he talked to Hannah after the douche guests complained.  He was not remotely interested in her side of the story.  

Bobby and Bryan are both bullies.  Julia should sue for sexual harassment.  Scary how Bobby doesn't understand she has a boyfriend.  He's taking niceness as flirting?  Please let the boyfriend meet them at the last docking and kick Bobby's ass.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

I think the Rocky situation was due to the fact that they had too much bleeding in the interior with Leon getting fired, and probably production influence. If I remember his blog around those batches of episodes correctly Lee said he would have fired her but the timing was wrong. I didn't expect him to fire Bryan or Bobby, but I expect some criticism of them either face-to-face or at the very least to us in a talking head.

I have no idea if Mark is a 'good' captain or not. I feel like he's disappointing at being a Below Deck captain character. I'm not sure if Bobby's behavior was fireable, but it deserved taking the guy aside to talk to him about composure. At least some of those shouting flare-ups were during the charter. If he's not going to do that, explain to us via a 1:1 which approach he's taking, and why. He comes across as very passive, and when I read closely between the lines, the crew doesn't really respect him for it. When Hannah reported Danny's phone faux pas, she informed Mark that any other yacht she's worked on it would be a fireable offense. Ben stepped in and basically mediated the fight, with Mark just watching. Bobby and Bryan drunkenly crow about bringing women back because it's not like rule-breaking means anything if Danny only just now got fired. It's totally possible Mark's style is in line with owner expectations, but he's failing at his second job, the show. And maybe the show's editors are helping him fail at it, by not airing confessionals that would help us better understand the way he works and why, but he doesn't come off well in moments like the Danny vs Bobby fight.

My issue with Mark is that I just expected him to take a stronger hand in what was happening below deck. Ben should have never been in the position to mediate the fight because Mark should have had an active role in handling it. Mark should have been able to tell Bobby to cut it out when he was tossing Danny's stuff out of the cabin. Bobby could have broken one of Danny's possessions and then this escalates into a full on brawl. Plus Bobby threw all of the items into the hall which created egress problems. I was very disappointed in Mark. It just seemed like he was really unobservant and hands off in the worst possible way.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

This right here.  Is what I came to say.  I know they were on the boat an extra was it 3? days.  However, I thought I heard the final tally come to 1800 euros each.   Correct me if that's not right.  1800 euros is nearly 2 grand.   For a what 7-8 day charter?  They made two thousand dollars in a week, on top of salary I'm assuming.  Don't the typical guests leave something like $1100-$1200 for a 4-5 day?   That's a stingy tip? 

Not even.

The typical "tv show charter" is for two nights/three days; these guys extended, so four nights/five days. 

The staff felt a double charter warranted a double tip.  Hey, where's my four grand?!

(Hmm.  I think I'm pretty cash-generous, but when my "gratuity" approaches the point of $1000/day for each of twelve people, there will have been foot rubs with warm scented oils and pre-peeled grapes involved.  And probably much less eye-rolling and Dorito snackage.)

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, candall said:

Not even.

The typical "tv show charter" is for two nights/three days; these guys extended, so four nights/five days. 

The staff felt a double charter warranted a double tip.  Hey, where's my four grand?!

(Hmm.  I think I'm pretty cash-generous, but when my "gratuity" approaches the point of $1000/day for each of twelve people, there will have been foot rubs with warm scented oils and pre-peeled grapes involved.  And probably much less eye-rolling and Dorito snackage.)

Oh then I'm definitely still lost, because 2 grand is double.  Lol.  What the hell.   

Nacho Cheese AND Cool Ranch please.

• Love 2

Julia's a flirty girl. It's possible that she's slighty flirtier with Bobby than anyone else, but everyone else seems to get that she has a boyfriend and that she's not looking for more than just a friendship with her crew mates. We know that she's the first choice for a hookup for all of the guys thanks to that interstitial from a couple of weeks back. And yet the only person who keeps pushing for a relationship is Bobby despite Julia repeatedly telling him no and making it very apparent that she's committed to her boyfriend. Bobby is a gross entitled "nice guy." How dare Julia be attractive and friendly, but not want to hop on his dick. Gawd what a bitch.

• Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Oh then I'm definitely still lost, because 2 grand is double.  Lol.  What the hell.   

Nacho Cheese AND Cool Ranch please.

Hee!  The tip envelope for the 3Day/2Night charters usually has ~20k euros.  (Except the lech-y older party dudes left 15k euros, plus Danny's bonus 500 euros.)

With these last people, double charter did not deliver double tip.  These guys left 22,000 euros=1850 euros each=roughly 2000 dollars each(=more than Bobby makes in two weeks.) 

Edited by candall
  • Love 1