Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

She is probably sick of being sick, I can imagine her getting treatment out in OK. I think Dr Quinn Medicine Woman comes thru town once a month - that is how things go on the prarie- and NOT getting the diagnosis/treatment she thinks will cure her. Sometimes tracking down an illness isn't all that cut and dry and people get tired of being sick all the time.

LOL! 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

A FAC (forward air controller) usually isn't an ordinary grunt, They are pilots who are attached to ground units and their job is to coordinate the airspace at the front edge of the battlefield. They are there to make sure that bombs aren't dropped on friendly troops.

Gomer may have been attached to a unit who worked as "fire direction control", which is a bunch of guys who are in charge of the artillery - direction, rate of fire.......They get the location of where munitions need to go and send them.

I thought he was a JTAC (Joint Terminal Attack Controller); if so, he would not need to be a pilot, although there is a lot of training involved since they are the eyes on the ground for pilots dropping munitions; JTACs are highly skilled and work closely with FACs. FACs do have to be military pilots; usually a tactical unit will contain several FACs and JTACs who all work together to help direct pilots. Now if he was a Joint Fires Observer, he wouldn't need as much training as a JTAC and wouldn't be responsible for the final call to use of weapons; more of a big picture guy that feeds info to JTACs and FACs.  Just my two cents as former Navy Intel and contractor for UAV units; my experience is mostly with AF units but the setup of tactical units between the services is similar.

Edited by Spooky
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Spooky said:

I thought he was a JTAC (Joint Terminal Attack Controller); if so, he would not need to be a pilot, although there is a lot of training involved since they are the eyes on the ground for pilots dropping munitions; JTACs are highly skilled and work closely with FACs. FACs do have to be military pilots; usually a tactical unit will contain several FACs and JTACs who all work together to help direct pilots. Now if he was a Joint Fires Observer, he wouldn't need as much training as a JTAC and wouldn't be responsible for the final call to use of weapons; more of a big picture guy that feeds info to JTACs and FACs.  Just my two cents as former Navy Intel and contractor for UAV units; my experience is mostly with AF units but the setup of tactical units between the services is similar.

Thank You, I could not remember what his title was, it was a JTAC.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Spooky said:

I thought he was a JTAC (Joint Terminal Attack Controller); if so, he would not need to be a pilot, although there is a lot of training involved since they are the eyes on the ground for pilots dropping munitions; JTACs are highly skilled and work closely with FACs. FACs do have to be military pilots; usually a tactical unit will contain several FACs and JTACs who all work together to help direct pilots. Now if he was a Joint Fires Observer, he wouldn't need as much training as a JTAC and wouldn't be responsible for the final call to use of weapons; more of a big picture guy that feeds info to JTACs and FACs.  Just my two cents as former Navy Intel and contractor for UAV units; my experience is mostly with AF units but the setup of tactical units between the services issimilar.

Thanks,

Do you happen to know what is Gomer's rank?

• Love 1
On 7/22/2016 at 5:06 AM, LIMOM said:

Remember that he has young children with wife #2 who live in the OC. So the Edmonds live half time in St Louis and the rest of the year in California.

Meghan commutes as well, her job is the RHOC.

At least, he is keeping it real. He was a jerk last season and he is not making any effort to come across any nicer.

That candle business is so odd, I would have never imagined that an alpha male jock would be so into such a feminine, soft product. Just Weird...

I thought his younger kids lived in Saint Louis and the teen daughter was the one in California?

It makes no sense to me if they live in Orange County past his oldest kid(s) graduating high school and moving on to college. Her family is in StL and so are his young kids and his job. I personally would not do that for a RHOC "job."  (But I would never sell my privacy or that of my kids so I'm not very objective.)

• Love 3
On 7/20/2016 at 7:50 AM, FamilyVan said:

Michael is a 30 year old man, he graduated college 8 years ago, he has had plenty of time to be gainfully employed.  If he cannot for some reason get a mortgage, there is a huge problem.

Having no life, I was going through his instagram and saw that he did buy a home.

235 likes

33w

mikewolfsmithHoly shit I'm Mike Homeownersmith! Thank you to the best realtor and fellow burner @frankly__ for making this process easy and delivering my keys to me as I was walking into the gym!

• Love 2

I know a lot of people don't agree with this, but I think it's crazy to think Vicki should stop working to take care of Briana. She's got money, so I think hiring a home health aide (which it sounds like she did) and a nanny (which I bet she did, too) would have been plenty. Taking work home is an option, but you can't actually be working while being someone's caregiver and taking care of small children at the same time. A lot of legit work-from-home jobs require proof of childcare for that reason. You can't effectively do both at the same time.

I'm sure she sold it to Briana as her being home all the time to care for her and the kids, though, so maybe that's why she was so upset that Vicki wouldn't stay home with her when she was sick. At this point, Briana's problem is chronic; I just don't think it's reasonable expect a working mother of an adult (if she was a child, I would think differently) to stay home every time Briana is sick. She's sick every day.

And add me to the list that finds it bizarre that she left her husband and took the kids away from their father (for how long?) to go live with her mother in another state. I also, like other pp, thought it was a matter of him tying up loose ends and finishing the move at first. Maybe that was the stipulation Bravo had if she wanted to get paid.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

I'm sure she sold it to Briana as her being home all the time to care for her and the kids, though, so maybe that's why she was so upset that Vicki wouldn't stay home with her when she was sick. At this point, Briana's problem is chronic; I just don't think it's reasonable expect a working mother of an adult (if she was a child, I would think differently) to stay home every time Briana is sick. She's sick every day.

I really don't get this either.  Now, I'm an adult and I live with my single mom.  If I were seriously sick I would expect that she take a day off from work, but I wouldn't expect her to basically quit her job to care for me.  I'm an adult.  Unless it was an emergency (like when she went to the hospital via ambulance), she really needs to figure out home care.  Why on Earth did she travel in a car for 20 hours when she had a bleeding, infected leg - can you say blood clot?  Sitting for that long even when you're healthy isn't good for you.  It's actually borderline dangerous to drive for 21 hours straight. 

Briana is already living with Vicki - it's not as though she's in her brand new home alone with 2 kids.  I think Vicki has access and assets to hire help if needed.  I feel bad for her that she's chronically ill, but I just can't jump on the sympathy bandwagon.  She's still more fortunate than most.

My stepfather had cancer when I was in college (stage 4) and since he was self-employed, he couldnt' miss any work.  He was a hairdresser and had to stand on his feet every day, all day after a 2-hour commute.  So I'm sorry, Briana, if "your life sucks right now" but I think a gratitude list would do your ass well.

ETA: Sarah commented on a Facebook post saying that of course it was a coicidence that she was at the gas station, otherwise "why would she have been in her pajamas."  Um, didn't she have on a full face of makeup? Nice try..

Edited by misschung
  • Love 4
On 7/21/2016 at 6:50 PM, bravofan27 said:

I like Kelly. I think she is super smart and strategic. 

You're kidding, right?  It's hard for me to believe everyone doesn't see what a complete dipshit she is.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

E-6 Staff Sergeant.    Briana-Wedding7.jpg

NOT TO DERIDE HIS OR anyone else's service - When I saw all his hardware I remembered a conversation with my wife who also has a bunch of medals.

Good conduct, completing school, serving overseas, serving in a war zone and  achievement. She called them "Thanks for being here" medals. When I asked to see them, she said she didn't remember where they were! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, misschung said:

I really don't get this either.  Now, I'm an adult and I live with my single mom.  If I were seriously sick I would expect that she take a day off from work, but I wouldn't expect her to basically quit her job to care for me.  I'm an adult.  Unless it was an emergency (like when she went to the hospital via ambulance), she really needs to figure out home care.  Why on Earth did she travel in a car for 20 hours when she had a bleeding, infected leg - can you say blood clot?  Sitting for that long even when you're healthy isn't good for you.  It's actually borderline dangerous to drive for 21 hours straight. 

Briana is already living with Vicki - it's not as though she's in her brand new home alone with 2 kids.  I think Vicki has access and assets to hire help if needed.  I feel bad for her that she's chronically ill, but I just can't jump on the sympathy bandwagon.  She's still more fortunate than most.

My stepfather had cancer when I was in college (stage 4) and since he was self-employed, he couldnt' miss any work.  He was a hairdresser and had to stand on his feet every day, all day after a 2-hour commute.  So I'm sorry, Briana, if "your life sucks right now" but I think a gratitude list would do your ass well.

ETA: Sarah commented on a Facebook post saying that of course it was a coincidence that she was at the gas station, otherwise "why would she have been in her pajamas."  Um, didn't she have on a full face of makeup? Nice try..

When I see the 'ungrateful kid' storyline, it really gets me irritated.

Even if my mom/dad had the means to 'buy' me car/house? I probably wouldn't have taken it.

The strings attached to shit like that aren't just attached to an apron?

Part of 'growing up' is learning how to make decisions, on your own, and living with the results. Her hatred and immaturity about living in Oklahoma were just what Bicki needed to formulate a plan to get her home. Her mistake was thinking that bicki was going to drop everything to stay at home with her? My mom would schedule a day with my sister - she'd leave happy and come home pissed off and spitting fire.....every time.

Brianna has no respect for the Bickster. They treat each other like besties, not mom and daughter.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Brianna has no respect for the Bickster. They treat each other like besties, not mom and daughter.

Yea but that's the new mother-daughter dynamic. I'm not sure it's a healthy thing to think your mother is your best friend since hell will freeze over before I ever think that but I hear it from lots of my friends and co-workers. It just crams a lot of expectations on top of mother-daughter feelings onto best friend expectations. But it's great if you have a fabulous relationship with your mother- I don't think you should expect them to be your best-friend. I think Vic always wanted to be Bri's friend since she had very few real friends.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, misschung said:

ETA: Sarah commented on a Facebook post saying that of course it was a coicidence that she was at the gas station, otherwise "why would she have been in her pajamas."  Um, didn't she have on a full face of makeup? Nice try..

Am I remembering correctly that Brianna said her doctors wouldn't let her fly?  Because why not fly her out and Vicki could drive her vehicle? Downright bizarre the literal race out of Oklahoma a few days past surgery. It seems Brianna's condition is more chronic than acute. I don't think waiting a week longer to heal some from surgery before going to California would have been endangering her health. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I don't have a whole lot of sympathy, either, for Brianna. Well...I do for health concerns but she makes stupid choices that make her health worse plus she does have it better than 95% of people in the same kinds of situations. And, yeah. You all are rich. Hire a damn mother's helper to help with the boys while Vicki's at work.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:00 PM, KLovestoShop said:

What I've never been able to figure out is the basically non-marriage between Meghan and Jim. He's gone from OC from Feb through early October, and even longer if the Cards are long into the playoffs.  So, why the heck is she in the OC instead of St Louis?  I wonder if she packs up once filming is over and moves back to SL?  If not, then she's crazy. Does she really think he's faithful for all those months?  And knowing that his life will probably revolve around SL for many years to come, why did he move her to the OC?  I know that originally it was because of his sick ex wife, but now that she's unfortunately passed away, there's no reason for her to stay there. 

Besides Megan being on this show and there not being a Real Housewives of St Louis show?

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:31 AM, qtpye said:

For some reason when Heather came on the show, she came on with the story line that she was a hot in demand actress that gave up a fabulous career to take care of her family.  Part of this BS is that she has no help and takes care of there enormous house and four children all by herself.  This was their first house that was huge, but not as big as the house they are building now.

This was ridiculous, first we know the Dubrows are loaded and there is no way Heather could take care of everything and have all this leisure time to do the show.  Also, there is no shame in having help, many of would love it if we could afford it. 

I remember being floored at the first party at Shannon's house when Shannon actually allowed them to film a maid vacuuming the stairs.  I love that she did not pretend that tool care of this enormous palace by herself.

Heather caught on and finally admitted that she had two or three nannies.

I was really disappointed in Heather.  I thought she would add a touch of sophistication to this trashy franchise.  Little did I know that she and her husband are just as vapid and fame hungry as the rest of them.

Just admit you had a respectable, but not amazing career as an actress and you married a rich guy when your career was on a downturn.  Own up to now leading a life of total leisure and luxury. 

I think we've seen an occasional glimpse of the Dubrow's help, just out of range of the camera but not really acknowledged.

On 7/23/2016 at 6:33 PM, RedheadZombie said:

With all the talk of HIPAA violations last season, sounds like your husband is going to be the one to actually commit one.   I'd tread very carefully. 

Do you know Ben Flajnik? ;)

911 calls fall under the California Public Records Act, which makes all records available to the public through request. That being said, there was never any intent on my part OR hubs to disclose Briana's personal information. He can check the public record for the call much more easily than I could find it. Talk of HIPAA violating is absolutely unnecessary in this instance. Finding out which station responded and where Briana and Vicki (and Jesus) were is completely legal.

• Love 7

Watching the rerun before the new episode, and Shannon isn't terribly bright, is she?  When she's at lunch with Tamra, she makes a snide remark about why Briana is back in Orange County ("because her mom bought her a house?").  Uh, Shannon?  Tamra's pride and joy Ryan returned to OC because Tamra bought him a house.  Also, these two look like assholes because they do not know the facts and that Briana is back for the hospitals and doctors.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Watching the rerun before the new episode, and Shannon isn't terribly bright, is she?  When she's at lunch with Tamra, she makes a snide remark about why Briana is back in Orange County ("because her mom bought her a house?").  Uh, Shannon?  Tamra's pride and joy Ryan returned to OC because Tamra bought him a house.  Also, these two look like assholes because they do not know the facts and that Briana is back for the hospitals and doctors.

Tamra didn't buy Ryan/Sara that house, she only paid first/last/security on it. The house is a rental. LOL

• Love 1

I wish Shannon and Tamra would just shut up about Brooks.  It ruined all last season.  Let it go!!!

PI Megan, you are a fine one to tell the new girl to just watch and observe.  Pot/Kettle

I am already bored with baby Edmonds.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, misschung said:

And I really hate it when people end a sentence with a preposition. If I hear one more person on this series say 'that's where I'm at,' I'm going to throw something at the tv...

Reminds me of a funny scene on "Designing Women".

Charlene tells the story of a lady going to a fancy dinner party and asking another guest, "Where are you from?"  The guest replies "We're from a place where you don't end a sentence with a preposition."   The lady says, "Ok, where are you from, bitch.

I miss that show.  : - )

Shannon sure is acting like a bitch to Vicky, and I'm tired of it.  To me, Vicky is comedy gold.

• Love 1
On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎19 at 7:27 PM, Bronzedog said:

I almost get second hand embarrassment when I see how repulsed Jimmy is by Megan.  He also drove himself to Kelly's barbecue because he didn't want to drink.  What?  An athlete with no self control?

I can't figure out how that even makes sense. Why could he not have driven both of them and not have any drinks? How did Meghan get there?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

The capitol of Orange County is Dubrow Manor.

49 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Reminds me of a funny scene on "Designing Women".

Charlene tells the story of a lady going to a fancy dinner party and asking another guest, "Where are you from?"  The guest replies "We're from a place where you don't end a sentence with a preposition."   The lady says, "Ok, where are you from, bitch.

I miss that show.  : - )

It's funny because Heather designing their house also kind of reminds me of an episode of that show.  The ladies (they were interior designer, for those of you who do not know) were hired to redo a neoclassical mansion.  The owner has just married a very new money bimbette who wanted to replace the grand staircase with an escalator.  The ladies staged a protest.

Heather sort of remind of that lady with her "We went $600,000 over budget with our cabinets" and "Don't you think this creepy tree my mom drew is would be a great mural?".

In short, I really hope we get to see Heather's finished house (I think the neighborhood said that they would not allow filming).

• Love 2
On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎25 at 2:43 AM, lilmarysunshine said:

I thought his younger kids lived in Saint Louis and the teen daughter was the one in California?

It makes no sense to me if they live in Orange County past his oldest kid(s) graduating high school and moving on to college. Her family is in StL and so are his young kids and his job. I personally would not do that for a RHOC "job."  (But I would never sell my privacy or that of my kids so I'm not very objective.)

It's really sad that Jim already has to split his time between all of his kids. Meghan will probably be very resentful when he is spending time with his kids in SL and her little girl has to share her time with a daddy who is already never around. Either she didn't think this out, or the show means more to her than the quality of life for her daughter. If not for the show, she could live with her baby in SL and have a father who may actually be involved, or at the very lease, present. I also think it weird that Meghan would not want to be closer to her own family more often at this time, rather than always travelling back and forth.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It's funny because Heather designing their house also kind of reminds me of an episode of that show.  The ladies (they were interior designer, for those of you who do not know) were hired to redo a neoclassical mansion.  The owner has just married a very new money bimbette who wanted to replace the grand staircase with an escalator.  The ladies staged a protest.

Heather sort of remind of that lady with her "We went $600,000 over budget with our cabinets" and "Don't you think this creepy tree my mom drew is would be a great mural?".

In short, I really hope we get to see Heather's finished house (I think the neighborhood said that they would not allow filming).

I've decided that comments like the $600,000 cabinet overage are just the sales pitch for the Dubrow's pocket listing so you can bet seeing the finished mansion will be part of the Dubrow storyline/contract with Bravo.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

It's really sad that Jim already has to split his time between all of his kids. Meghan will probably be very resentful when he is spending time with his kids in SL and her little girl has to share her time with a daddy who is already never around. Either she didn't think this out, or the show means more to her than the quality of life for her daughter. If not for the show, she could live with her baby in SL and have a father who may actually be involved, or at the very lease, present. I also think it weird that Meghan would not want to be closer to her own family more often at this time, rather than always travelling back and forth.

If Meghan thinks for one second that Jim is interested in another baby, or Meghan herself for that matter, she is truly delusional.  I can feel his impatience and boredom with her and the baby situation through the television.  I guess she needed to secure that 18 years of child support.    Not to mention, she looks horribly thin this season.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

If Meghan thinks for one second that Jim is interested in another baby, or Meghan herself for that matter, she is truly delusional.  I can feel his impatience and boredom with her and the baby situation through the television.  I guess she needed to secure that 18 years of child support.    Not to mention, she looks horribly thin this season.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  Meghan's reasons for having a baby:

1. Probably always wanted some kids with a rich important guy.  The baby will bear the Edmonds name, which is beloved in St. Louis

2. Great story line for the show

3. Child support, Meghan is wife number three...she sees the writing on the wall. 

Jim probably made her sign one of those iron clad prenups, so child support is her best bet at getting something out of the marriage.

• Love 3

I want more scenes like last season of Vicki driving Shannon and Tamra right up to the bar in that golf cart.  I laughed for 15 minutes!  These women can be organically fun, and that's what I want to see.  I also hated seeing David rudely getting up in Vicki's face (either this episode or previews for next week; I think he was wearing that blonde pubic hair wig) .  He needs to fade into the background.  Eddie was very polite to Vicki...he doesn't get drawn into the drama, and I like him.

2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I can't figure out how that even makes sense. Why could he not have driven both of them and not have any drinks? How did Meghan get there?

I think Jim just didn't want to goto the party with Megan.

But they aren't even treating each other that way, it's more like frenemies. 

Watching the rerun before the new episode, and Shannon isn't terribly bright, is she?  When she's at lunch with Tamra, she makes a snide remark about why Briana is back in Orange County ("because her mom bought her a house?").  Uh, Shannon?  Tamra's pride and joy Ryan returned to OC because Tamra bought him a house.  Also, these two look like assholes because they do not know the facts and that Briana is back for the hospitals and doctors.

Shannon is coming off really bad this season.  I don't like the whole inabiity to forgive Vicki storyline, it's boring and it's too similar to the dynamic she had with David last year.

This is mean, but I hope that Briana gets grilled on the reunion.  I'm so sick of her inability to accept responsibilty for any of her choices.  When she was driving back from Oklahoma, she said "I have two kids in the car and a crazy mom."   Um, your mom took a red eye to Oklahoma and then drove with you for 21 hours.  If you didn't want to do that, why not just wait a week and then fly your ass to California?

• Love 6

I don't get Vicki's tagline, "Before you judge me, you better be perfect." Huh?

I think this is Vicki's way of saying 'fuck you' to those who call her out on all of her shit....in other words, Vicki is saying she is not perfect but neither are her detractors....JMO...

Which is so funny because Vicki has always been so judgmental toward others.  Well... call it hypocritical, call it ironic, call it suntheen...

• Love 3

I want more scenes like last season of Vicki driving Shannon and Tamra right up to the bar in that golf cart.  I laughed for 15 minutes!  These women can be organically fun, and that's what I want to see.  I also hated seeing David rudely getting up in Vicki's face (either this episode or previews for next week; I think he was wearing that blonde pubic hair wig) .  He needs to fade into the background.  Eddie was very polite to Vicki...he doesn't get drawn into the drama, and I like him.

Yes, that was so funny!  Vicki and Tamra, for all their MANY faults, are actually quite fun together. 

David and Shannon seem like they always have misery in common. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Tamra didn't buy Ryan/Sara that house, she only paid first/last/security on it. The house is a rental. LOL

Yes, but we know Vicki operates in almost the same fashion. She didn't actually "buy" her kid a house either. 

7 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Her explanation made it sound like he has an alcohol problem, to me. It was as if he had even a tiny chance of someone else driving him home (Megan), he'd imbibe. So he had to drive to make absolutely certain he didn't. It was weird. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On July 23, 2016 at 7:59 AM, Beden said:

It could be something as simple as giving him a relatively light assignment due to his medical issues. That's not unheard of.

Let those without sin cast the first stone. That's my guess, anyway.

Ambulance services are required to submit diagnosis codes when billing.   They are a medical record.

Help, I quoted the wrong post. 

Edited by Mu Shu
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 10:00 AM, WireWrap said:

Vicki tweeted that she did hire an in home health care worker to help Brianna while she was at work but even that doesn't make sense. Hiring a nanny/babysitter makes sense, not a health care worker to run after 2 toddlers.

Exactly.  Briana is a nurse.  She doesn't need someone to be caring for her, she knows what she needs to do, what to look out for, ect.  She needs a nanny.  Running after two toddlers is exhausting enough for someone who is healthy, I couldn't imagine trying to do it freshly released from the hospital with a pic line.   Unless the word "nanny" is used, Vicki is a fucking monster for leaving Briana alone with those kids all day in her condition.

Also, why isn't megan getting IUI?  IVF seems unnecessarily invasive and complex for someone who doesn't actually have any fertility issues.  

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 1
On 7/28/2016 at 10:00 AM, lezlers said:

Exactly.  Briana is a nurse.  She doesn't need someone to be caring for her, she knows what she needs to do, what to look out for, ect.  She needs a nanny.  Running after two toddlers is exhausting enough for someone who is healthy, I couldn't imagine trying to do it freshly released from the hospital with a pic line.   Unless the word "nanny" is used, Vicki is a fucking monster for leaving Briana alone with those kids all day in her condition.

Also, why isn't megan getting IUI?  IVF seems unnecessarily invasive and complex for someone who doesn't actually have any fertility issues.  

Because she's an idiot?

• Love 5

I did an honest to God spit take when Megan told Kelly to "Back off and observe. Don't get involved" UHHHHH Excuse me? Miss Megan PI? Because...Justice! Brooks was NONE of her business but she felt free to call his Dr. and hospitals trying to prove something that didn't effect her in the least!!! Gee Hypocrite much?

• Love 3
On 7/28/2016 at 9:00 AM, lezlers said:

Maybe fear of multiples or the fact that they have a finite amount of sperm or money isn't a concern?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Because she's an idiot?

This made me legit LOL.  Well done.

2 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Maybe fear of multiples or the fact that they have a finite amount of sperm or money isn't a concern?

Well your chances of multiples dramatically increases with IVF so I seriously doubt it's that but the amount of sperm available can certainly play into it.  IVF is no picnic.  Considering the histrionics Megan displayed over a little IV being put in her arm, I'm just dumbfounded she'd choose such a procedure when it's not at all necessary.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

This made me legit LOL.  Well done.

Well your chances of multiples dramatically increases with IVF so I seriously doubt it's that but the amount of sperm available can certainly play into it.  IVF is no picnic.  Considering the histrionics Megan displayed over a little IV being put in her arm, I'm just dumbfounded she'd choose such a procedure when it's not at all necessary.

I don't believe that is true. With an IUI, there is no control over how many eggs get fertilized. If a woman has 5 follicles, she can have 5 babies with IUI. If they retrieve 5 eggs for IVF, they only have to transfer some of those. (However, I think it is hard to compare the multiple rates between the two, though, because a lot of times people doing IVF are more aggressive than those doing IUI (since many have already been unsuccessful for IUIs.)) I think pretty much the HOMs in the news (like the Gosselins) are people who have done IUI (and often had sex against the doctor's recommendations because they had too many follicles).  I hate to side with the Edmonds family here but I think, in their situation, I'd opt for IVF, too. 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 4

OK, so I'm seeing sections of this episode for the first time and WHAT TOTAL BULLSHIT!!!!!!! I refer to Icky's 'heroic' rush to brianna when the latter was supposedly not able to breathe.....Now, I don't know about anyone else, but if someone I loved, or even hated, called me and told me, whilst gasping horribly, that they could not breathe, the first thing I would do would be to call 911.....but icky rushes home and hurries brianna into her car - with shadows of camera crew clearly visible....and we're supposed to believe this whole piece of shit is real?  If 911 had already been called - as is just claimed in the bit I'm seeing right now, how come the didn't go to icky's house? Why did brianna not insist on staying put at the house until the EMT's arrived? She IS a nurse, right?  What totally contrived crap!