Type keyword(s) to search

Challengers Thread: From All-Stars To All-Pains

• Start Topic

On 6/7/2017 at 6:30 PM, Lantern7 said:

Look at Free Agents. Jordan sent Johnny into the endgame, saying he had to "earn [his] stripes." Those were the wrong words, but I liked the sentiment of somebody who was as tired of people rolling over for Johnny as I was. Naturally, Johnny beat Isaac because Isaac had to go back to his planet of origin. Jordan kept talking, and he forced a final battle with Johnny. Yes, it was in a game where he probably needed two fists to smash holes in the wall . . . but if Jordan prevailed, he would've become an instant legend. Of course, he falls, Johnny gets to beat off on top of the wall and in interviews, and everybody gets to call Jordan a dumbass. At least he was ready to put his money where his mouth was.

I respected that he was willing to face off against John. And for all his posturing, John does not like being in endgames and at bare minimum, at least Jordan made John nervous in the hours leading up to the elimination, and at the end of a the day, he beat a one handed man in a wall punching contest.

I didn't see much of Jordan on his original season, so I don't know how much of a jerk he was. He seemed mostly okay on the season where he and Laurel were together, and he was mostly okay when he was paired with Sarah. The only thing he did on that challenge I didn't like was when he was rude to Sarah, and Sarah said something like, you're being an asshole, or, you're acting like an asshole, and Jordan stomped off and refused to speak to her until she apologized, via a letter. I mean, she didn't even call him an asshole, she just said he was acting like one, and he acted like she had no right to criticize him when he'd just called her a bitch a few minutes earlier. But naturally Sarah folded, because she just can't stand for people not to like her.

• Love 1

And really, if you look at the first three challenge records of Jordan and Bananas, Jordan actually comes out on top. Jordan made it to the finals, mid-game, and won on his first three seasons. Bananas? First out, finals, and early boot in his first three seasons.

Having a weird moment. Yesterday, a lady posted a picture on a Challenge group, which was her with Kenny. Immediately, the thread filled up with Kenny-love and people generally getting the vapors. I'm there, all, "I'd want to hurt him, but I'd probably suppress the urge." Inevitably, the conversation shifted to that topic . . . and then I read this response:

Beth Stolarczyk There is a BIG reason they are not on the shows anymore. They are NOT cool and crossed the line. NOT acceptable behavior. period.

Good God. I'm on the same side as Beth. I mean, I know that's not the wrong side, at least in my mind. Maybe there's a baseline of bitch that she doesn't cross. Maybe she wouldn't post pictures of Montana in traction (not wishing for that, just posting a theoretical example), with the caption "Haha sux 2 B U!!!"

Seriously, though, if it turns out Johnny made a deal with a dark power to win for his banned buddies, I wouldn't be that shocked.

ETA: I hope I'm not being too critical. As much as I do not care for Beth's "work," I have been on the other side of, "Jesus Christ, I agree with him?!?" That is not fun, at least for me.

• Love 3

In regards to last night's episode . . . which is the funniest dis on Cory?

"The only people that are rootin' for Cory are all 25 of the girls that he's slept with." - Leroy Garrett

"Every time @MTVCoryWharton sleeps with another girl on The Challenge he sprouts a new jerry curl. #TheChallengeXXX" - the guy who runs Stop Being Polite

• Love 1

I still don't really care for Ammo, but there's a limit to what I could wish on anybody. He tells his story, which explains why he collapsed at the end of the episode. Being blindfolded and wrestled could not have been good for him. Why wasn't Dario picked? He hadn't proved himself in the Presidio.

Not really changing my opinion on most of these people. I think Redemption House was a bad idea, and we lost a big gun in Darrell . . . and that sucks because he only lost the one time on a kamikaze maneuver from friggin' Tony. I'm disappointed in Jordan after the incident  . . . and it's painful to see a fan on Facebook put out a picture of her son, who has Down Syndrome . . . but I still feel that a lot of Challengers were ready to dogpile on him. He's a meathead, he's probably an asshole, but I don't think he's in Racist Jenna territory.

• Love 1

In case you didn't see the news in the Media thread:

On 12/17/2017 at 0:18 PM, sabretooth said:

On 12/17/2017 at 1:02 PM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

You’d think with all the girls he bangs, he’d know better than to not use protection. On the other hand, I’m surprised he hasn’t fathered more than one child. 

Has it been established that he doesn't use protection? I'm not surprised . . . in my mind, if birth control from both parties renders them 95 percent "safe," that still means there's a 1-in-20 chance that one would get past the goalie if the male keeps playing. By that logic, I reckon Teck wound up fathering 3-4 kids back in 1999. That's hyperbole . . . really don't want to know how much "play" that skinny so-and-so got in Honolulu.

ETA: 95% was off the top of my head. I'd imagine the percentage is lower, as nothing is completely foolproof.

Wes tweets on Corey: "In the @ChallengeMTV world, @MTVCoryWharton’s family update picture broke the internet. The only thing that would be bigger would be if a sex tape emerged from @MTVBananas and @ImSarahRice." Oh God, do not tease us about that, Weston. Fans' heads would explode.

• Love 2
On 12/17/2017 at 10:56 PM, Lantern7 said:

In case you didn't see the news in the Media thread:

On 12/17/2017 at 10:56 PM, Lantern7 said:

On 12/17/2017 at 9:18 AM, sabretooth said:

That kid is cute!  But despite how cute she is, I don't want to hear nothing from Corey about how he's "doing this for his daughter" or that people are preventing him from "supporting his family".  Tony is enough.

• Love 2

I thought it was funny, because the notion is unbearably absurd. Any meeting between Johnny and Sarah would not be complete without a crowbar (at minimum) in her hand. I can't blame Susie for going off on Wes, even if he tweeted "Opening a closet and finding those two getting to second base with each other."

I just think Susie is a huge hypocrite and very selective in her outrage.  Shits on Wes for a clear joke yet defends Kenny and Evan at every turn. Even if you discount the Tonya stuff they are still 2 of the most misogynistic assholes ever to appear on the challenge.

I guess the I hate Tonya game was just fine and was not at all slut shaming and abusive though right Susie???  That wasn't diminishing and disrespectful???  GFY Susie.

• Love 7

Nia gives us an update, and there's nothing to snark about. That's cool . .  . though I think my mind would be changed if she were to return. Nia's probably on the banned list, but Camila might have nudged her upwards for a potential return. Yes, Nia had punched people, but they were cast members, not production.

ETA: Here's a list from WatchMojo about the craziest ways people have quit their jobs. There's a brief clip from Half-Baked. I thought Wes' "Fuck you! Fuck you! You're cool! Fuck you!" rant was original. I'm not disappointed . . . but I am perplexed how somebody like Wes would quote a famous weed-based comedy. I don't think he used in school . . . his friends were getting high, he was figuring out how to run twelve businesses at the same time.

Edited by Lantern7

I mentioned this on another thread . . . there's going to be a series of events featuring Challengers as guests. It's for MedGift, and that would explain Diem's picture . . . which is a little unfortunate, in the sense that it kinda feels like she's watching over us all.

There's one in NYC, but I probably don't have the onions for that. In case you missed it, I attended the Dirty XXX premiere, with partying afterward with most of the cast present, and I didn't interact with anybody at all. I've met BMP folk in the past, but that was not my scene . . . probably because I've slagged most of them at one point or another on forums and my blog. I reckon I'm a wuss.

Here's the latest "poster" . . . in case you can't see it, the event will be held on June 2. The guest roster: Britni, Hunter, Brad (with Britni nearby? Wuh oh), Derrick, Jenna, Cara Maria, the overexposed buttmonkey with too many titles, Zach, Cory . . . and Syrus. Yes, that Syrus. Where the heck has he been?

Edited by Lantern7

I mean the interview and article may be new, but him dating her and the pregnancy is not. This is when Diem was still around so people were attacking Danni (and CT) about it back then.  I admit I am way too into The Challenge. It is the only reality show I watch or even can stomach.  Plus I am from Mass so anyone from here gets more attention from me.  CT, Cara Maria, old school "I love you Kira!" Dave, etc.

I was watching Comedy Central (probably The Daily Show), and I saw that This Is Not Happening will be coming back on February 2. The new host is Roy Wood Jr. from The Daily Show. Here's the interesting part: as he's talking, I notice a book under his arm. Title: "The Time I Did Cocaine By Accident" (I can't find the commercial online, but that was the gist). Underneath: "Theo Von." Yes . . . the swamp rat that cleaned himself up, took human form, won two Challenges and went into standup comedy will be in the new season. Here's the trailer; he briefly pops up at 1:45. I don't know when the episode with him will air, but I'll let you know. I just figured you guys would be interested in a veteran who wound up getting a successful career all his own. Johnny.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

Bad news: The episode of Say Yes To The Dress with Nicole and her sisters was on today, and I forgot to mention it here. Good news*: TLC will be running that episode on Sunday at 8:30 a.m.

*Yes, I realize that she's got a lot of detractors, but is she really the worst of the latest BMP lot?

21 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Which one is Nicole? Nani's cousin or whatever?

Your thinking of the Nicole who wears so much make-up that she's unrecognizable when her face is clean.  This Nicole is the lesbian, firefighter/EMT, with the blonde(?) hair and glasses who dated Laurel.  

• Love 1
(edited)
On 1/26/2018 at 6:19 PM, Lantern7 said:

I was watching Comedy Central (probably The Daily Show), and I saw that This Is Not Happening will be coming back on February 2. The new host is Roy Wood Jr. from The Daily Show. Here's the interesting part: as he's talking, I notice a book under his arm. Title: "The Time I Did Cocaine By Accident" (I can't find the commercial online, but that was the gist). Underneath: "Theo Von." Yes . . . the swamp rat that cleaned himself up, took human form, won two Challenges and went into standup comedy will be in the new season. Here's the trailer; he briefly pops up at 1:45. I don't know when the episode with him will air, but I'll let you know. I just figured you guys would be interested in a veteran who wound up getting a successful career all his own. Johnny.

Update: Theo will be appearing on This Is Not Happening on March 16 at midnight on Comedy Central. Just thought you should know if you like him, are curious about it, and/or still remembering the time he was jumping out celebrating Sarah's final Gauntlet win and his shorts weren't that snug.

ETA: Speaking of The Gauntlet and shit I wish I could unsee . . . Rachel has her twins on Instagram: here, here and here.

Edited by Lantern7

In case you didn't hear, Maryse & Mike had their first kid. Wrestlers reproducing squicks me out a little, and reality "veterans" doing that unnerves me a lot (fuck, Kenny just pulled that off), but I think little Monroe is in good hands.

ETA: Wes invites Johnny to lick his ginger nuts. Okay, he doesn't say it like that, but it's a bit implied. Holy crap,  might have to like Wes E. Coyote now.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
On 3/28/2018 at 11:15 PM, Lantern7 said:

In case you didn't hear, Maryse & Mike had their first kid. Wrestlers reproducing squicks me out a little, and reality "veterans" doing that unnerves me a lot (fuck, Kenny just pulled that off), but I think little Monroe is in good hands.

ETA: Wes invites Johnny to lick his ginger nuts. Okay, he doesn't say it like that, but it's a bit implied. Holy crap,  might have to like Wes E. Coyote now.

Aww!!! I am happy for Mike! I love the babies name too!

I saw Nicole again today. I think.

Months ago, I was taking the train to the Staten Island Ferry bound for Manhattan. That day, a firefighter was getting honored posthumously, and there were a lot of FDNY on board . . . and I thought I saw Nicole. She was in formal dress, and I think she had her glasses off, so I wasn't 100 percent certain.

Fast forward to today. I walked over to the Richmond County Fair at Historic Richmondtown. Lots of people with booths, including people running for office. One of them is Ashley Zanatta, who is running for assembly. Yes, she is one of Nicole's triplet sisters. And Nicole was there. And socially anxious wuss that I am, I didn't say hi. I mean, she's there will her sister, I'm hot and sweaty, I wouldn't know how much Challenge talk would be too much even in a short chat session, and so on. I posted on that in Facebook, and somebody posted this link from her Instagram.

In other Challenger-ducking news, I figured that I'm better off not going to an episode viewing party because I wouldn't be able to go to work the next day. In my defense, I don't think I've gone to any TARCon where I knew that I hated just about everyone involved. Sadly, Devyn Simone will be there, and I like her a lot. What can I say? I'm a putz.

• Love 1

I went to a viewing party for “The People vs. Johnny Bananas,” but I forgot to mention it here. I had a better time, and I tried to hit up Marie and Jenna, but that didn’t pan out. By the way, if Jenna is in your neck of the woods, you have to see up up close. So hot, you guys. So hot.

Onto the trainwreck visible from orbit . . . were there any serious contenders that you rather have won? Thinking about it, I’d go with Kam & Kayleigh. Lots of drama and too much “Killer Kam” talk, but I don’t find them objectable in hindsight. Yes, they didn’t start out as a team . . . but as someone rooting for Leroy & Mike-Mike In Rivals, I would’ve been cool with it . . . especially with all the other grisly alternatives.

• Love 1

From the "Hellraiser" thread:

On 2/15/2019 at 11:31 AM, Neveragain said:

I remember when Jenna first came onto our TVs because she was Jays ex-gf in Real World Explosion, where the concept was the seven houseguests get surprised in the house by their exes moving in like a week later.  (This is the season with Cory and horrible Ashley as well)  While they were original houseguests, Jenna was one of the exes.  I just looked it up and it’s from 2013. Here is a screenshot of the description of Jenna.  If you substitute the word Zach for the word Jay, this could have been written today. She hasn’t changed at all.  Which is a shame on many levels, but especially because she’s now 6 years older, with reality fame of her own.  She should have progressed by now.   This snapshot doesn’t show half how badly Jay treated her, I think I remember he would only see/speak to her on Sundays, stuff like that.  And she cried and begged for forgiveness over and over, just like now.  Plus let’s not forgot what a shit she was when Jonna was heartbroken about Zach, and Jenna and him were new and she would cuddle and kiss him constantly in front of her. Jonna had been living with Zach before he ended it with no warning. it was a real relationship. I don’t dislike Jenna but she’s not as sweet as everyone thinks, and she’s also making this choice about Zach with her eyes very wide open.  This is clearly who she is, and I don’t intend to spend another second feeling badly for her.

34715A45-701A-4834-B829-1A198270DEBC.jpeg

15 hours ago, crookedjackson44 said:

Don't kid yourselves about Jenna - she has a great ass, which the program has consistently highlighted.  Hell, it even had a beauty contest a few seasons back where she twirled to the amusement of Banana's cousin/whatever.  That is all she has even been to this production.

BkPhFR4IcAAlbPQ.jpg

It's heartbreaking, if not on the most traumatic level. She can do better, she comes off as a nice person, and she's got a great body (if you're into that, I mean). And the thing about criticism about her lovelife is that she‘s probably heard most of it, even back when she was seen with Jay's dopey ass. I don't think she needs an intervention, but she should look into self-improvement. I know, like it's that easy. Shit, when I heard speculation during Rivals III about her and Vince being an item, I more or less nodded my head and started calling her "Poor Life Decisions Jenna," to differentiate her from Racist Jenna.

I root for her. I worry about her to a degree. With this series, I find such people are rare.

ETA: Nothing came from the Jenna/Wince rumors, though Camila denied a hookup with him. If she had, that means she would’ve hooked up with Wince and Johnny . . . basically grinding her body on that family tree. Yet another reason to have her committed. And if she didn’t do that? She’s still a loose canon.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
(edited)

This is John Oliver doing an update on Brexit from a few weeks ago. I'm linking this because the first minute has a few ladies from Love Island talking about it, and they do not seem like the brightest bulbs. Or maybe Brexit is that confusing, as John goes on to demonstrate. I'm posting because I'd like to know if the two people from that show on The Challenge -- Theo and Georgia -- were that dim.

Not much else to add. Aside from "Ninja Natalie" being inoffensive and Turbo being a sweetheart with a divine body, most everybody else has sucked ass. Wes is nowhere near the asshole he used to be, but between getting power and Johnny departing way too soon, he might pass out because all of his blood goes straight to the groin.

Edited by Lantern7

I haven’t watched “The Challenge” in years so I was startled when I watched “Ex on the Beach” and someone named Angela said she had broken up with her BF for Johnny Banannas. First of all, I thought he must be in assisted living by now - how old is he? What season was this and I assume he must have parted ways with his girlfriend?  This woman seemed to be in her twenties.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I haven’t watched “The Challenge” in years so I was startled when I watched “Ex on the Beach” and someone named Angela said she had broken up with her BF for Johnny Banannas. First of all, I thought he must be in assisted living by now - how old is he? What season was this and I assume he must have parted ways with his girlfriend?  This woman seemed to be in her twenties.

Johnny's 36 and Angela is 28 according to google, so not that big of a difference really. I think they hooked up last season, but it may have been the one before that. And yea, I think Johnny and his girlfriend broke up shortly before that season.

Edited by peachmangosteen

After reading the posts here about certain Challengers not reproducing, I'm adding Cara Maria to that list if she continues with her current relationship, because I think I can safely speak for all of us when I say that the last thing America needs is Paulie passing his genes/slightly sociopathic tendencies to a new generation. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, lexington11 said:

After reading the posts here about certain Challengers not reproducing, I'm adding Cara Maria to that list if she continues with her current relationship, because I think I can safely speak for all of us when I say that the last thing America needs is Paulie passing his genes/slightly sociopathic tendencies to a new generation. 

What is with all of their Twitter drama with Marie?  I follow Cara and Marie and I cannot make heads or tails  over what is happening.

• Love 1
On 4/8/2019 at 8:39 PM, Lantern7 said:

Turbo is the magic. On the Facebook group for Challenge fans, we see a lot of highlights, some of which he posts. And there's really funny stuff like this.

This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, BK1978 said:

What is with all of their Twitter drama with Marie?  I follow Cara and Marie and I cannot make heads or tails  over what is happening.

Bear with me here, because this explanation is going to get convoluted/make your head spin even more. Anyway, the latest development in the Cara/Marie Twitter drama is that Angela inserted herself into the mix and posted screenshots of how Marie was constantly trashing Cara behind her back, while claiming to be her BFF on Final Reckoning, so you can imagine how that went down. And add to that the previous shitstorm Marie got involved in after she tweeted how Paulie was being abusive to Cara, and you can imagine how that was received on Twitter.

• Love 2