Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: Week 7

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, backformore said:

I agree that Luke is stoic, he reminds me in looks of a young Clint Eastwood, but also he reminds me of the strong silent cowboy type Eastwood sometimes played in movies.  maybe it's that forehead crease, I don't know.

I don't think it's fair to say he has PTSD just because he was in the service.  we're not being shown any nightmares, flashbacks, panic attacks, hypersensitivity to loud noises  - so I have no idea why people are saying he has a psychiatric diagnosis like PTSD.  He seems pretty normal, just a bit more quiet and pensive in comparison to some of the other personalities on the show. 

We weren't saying that he definitely has PTSD and certainly not "just because he was in the service." Unfortunately, a significant amount of war veterans have some level of PTSD. My dad had it coming back from Vietnam. I never saw him have hypersensitivity to loud noises or flashbacks, etc, but I'm positive, because of stories told by my grandmother, that when he first got home from the war there were issues. PTSD is not an insult. But war effects people for years to come. And it can have subtle effects on behavior and mannerisms, which is what we were getting at when talking about his distant stare and seeming lack of emotions. It was just a theory. War sucks and you'd be abnormal if it didn't bother you or change you in some way if you had to fight in one.

• Love 2

I'm sure there is a reason why Aaron is not seeing his family right now, my guess is that he is busy doing other things and the family has expectations he can't or doesn't want to keep. i really wish the gay insinuations would stop. If someone says they are straight and has a long time girlfriend-he is straight. Aaron is vocal about his support for gay people, not hiding away in some closet. I don't think Jordan is doing anything wrong now either. He was straight with JoJo from the beginning and if she likes him she should like him, not worry constantly if she will see his brother. I really do think people are entitled to some privacy, even if a family member goes on a dating show. Jordan is not entitled to privacy because he chose to go on the show, but his family is. Chase and his parents deserve some privacy too. There have been times in the past when bachelor/bachelorette contestants made it clear that certain family members would not be present in hometown dates. No one ever insisted they missing family member must be gay, we just wondered where he/she might be. 

Lots of adults don't talk to certain family members or even their entire family. It happens. As for Luke, I don't think we know enough about him to diagnose him with PTSD or anything really. I personally don't find him attractive, and he seems rather dull. i would guess just not that smart, but I really don't know for sure. JoJo does seem to like him a lot,  but maybe she is finding lack of conversation to be a drawback. I really wish she would stop asking Jordan about his brother and have a real conversation with him but she seems hell bent on bringing it up every two seconds. I think that is why Jordan sometimes makes faces. I think he really likes her but she is either asking about his brother or asking him if he really means what he says. Guys get sick of talk like that real fast. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

PTSD is not an insult

Right.   It's not an insult, it's a psychiatric diagnosis, with specific symptoms, none of which we've seen evidence of in Luke.    I'll agree to drop the issue, I just don't think it's fair to make the inference. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I didn't get that impression at all.  Parents rarely shun their kids, they just don't.  We love our children to lengths, sometimes detrimental, to embrace, help and love them.  I saw them pained by the estrangement.   They all missed him and wished it were different.  YMMV

It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen.  And it is a lot more common than you think when religion enters into it.  I happen to believe the gay rumors.  Of course I don't know for sure, but everything makes sense.  Especially the timing.  And even now more so after reading about Jordan's anti-gay activism.  Sadly, I know a number of people who have been shunned by their family because they're gay.  And yes, it's painful for everyone.  It's funny that a bunch of you all surmised that Aaron's face was blurred in the family photo because he prohibited it.  Who knows - you could be right.  But I immediately thought the opposite - that the issue or estrangement is so deep that they are the ones that are sort of removing him from the family.  

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, backformore said:

Right.   It's not an insult, it's a psychiatric diagnosis, with specific symptoms, none of which we've seen evidence of in Luke.    I'll agree to drop the issue, I just don't think it's fair to make the inference. 

I said, "It's not an insult," because it seemed like you took offense to the very thought that a man could have PTSD. It's definitely nothing to be ashamed of. I don't know who originally posted the idea but maybe she/he will chime in to clarify. I didn't think the post was mean or uncalled for though. 

Dulling photographs is usually because the person has not given permission.  They even dull wall art to avoid the hassle of contacting the artist for permission. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Dulling photographs is usually because the person has not given permission.  They even dull wall art to avoid the hassle of contacting the artist for permission. 

Of course.  You're probably right.  But since we don't know what's going on, it's all speculation, and things look different when you look at it from a different angle.  I guess that's what I'm doing.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I said, "It's not an insult," because it seemed like you took offense to the very thought that a man could have PTSD. It's definitely nothing to be ashamed of. I don't know who originally posted the idea but maybe she/he will chime in to clarify. I didn't think the post was mean or uncalled for though. 

You are still misunderstanding me.  I'm not taking offense to the thought that someone could have PTSD -  only to the thought that someone who shows absolutely no symptoms of the disorder, would be said to have a disorder based on facial expressions shown on a tv dating show.

PTSD is a serious psychiatric disorder, that can occur after a traumatic experience.   For someone who HAS it, no, it's not an insult, nor is it something to be ashamed of.   However, watching someone on a dating TV show and saying that because his face  doesn't show emotions, and he was in the military, mentioning PTSD as a possible explanation is not fair.    PTSD is much more serious than not showing emotions.  A lot of people in the military learn to control their expression of emotions as part of their training. And some people are just naturally not as expressive as others.   Having a serious look on your face isn't a disorder. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I know what PTSD is. I have personal experience. And I think perhaps you aren't understanding me either. Suggesting that a war veteran may have PTSD is not outside the realm of possibility and I only tried to explain to you what the original poster on the subject may have meant by bringing it up. What was said about Luke's behavior was opinion and actually mild compared to what has been said about all the other guys on this show so I don't get why we're arguing about it to this degree. This whole forum is a giant snarkfest. Everybody here has imagined what could be wrong with this guy or that guy. Some people have said Robby seems gay or Jordan is a rich cake-eating brat using his brother's fame to get ahead, etc. I understand that you're a Luke fan but nobody said "a serious look means PTSD." Honestly, it seems like you're trying to insult my intelligence at this point. I'm happy to discuss the subject of PTSD in private messaging.

2 hours ago, backformore said:

You are still misunderstanding me.  I'm not taking offense to the thought that someone could have PTSD -  only to the thought that someone who shows absolutely no symptoms of the disorder, would be said to have a disorder based on facial expressions shown on a tv dating show.

PTSD is a serious psychiatric disorder, that can occur after a traumatic experience.   For someone who HAS it, no, it's not an insult, nor is it something to be ashamed of.   However, watching someone on a dating TV show and saying that because his face  doesn't show emotions, and he was in the military, mentioning PTSD as a possible explanation is not fair.    PTSD is much more serious than not showing emotions.  A lot of people in the military learn to control their expression of emotions as part of their training. And some people are just naturally not as expressive as others.   Having a serious look on your face isn't a disorder. 

Edited by Nowhere
On 2016-07-18 at 9:44 PM, Nowhere said:

Robby said he broke up with the girlfriend in December..I do think he broke up with her for the show.

The way he explained it, he was over the relationship 9 months earlier, but stayed in it. So, he has no spine and is one of those guys who will emotionally leave, but stay until he finds a new situation. Jerk.

21 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I'm older generation myself and most hair like hers reminds me of my natural blonde friend who's hair went dark at the scalp if she didn't wash it often enough.

Huh? What on earth does this mean, I've never heard this saying before.

12 hours ago, Kbilly said:

I didn't hear Jojo say she was going to cut Luke...

It was after they were lined up for the RC, waiting for her to come out, and she was talking about how hard this would be blah blah blah then suddenly said Luke was toast. That she said it really shocked me.

9 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

That whole thing was so irritating.  First the big news that Chase came from "a broken home," like it's a rarity in this country with a 50% divorce rate. 

The '50% divorce rate' thing isn't true, it's something like 28%, but still...'a broken home' seems like an extreme and judgemental thing to say. I had friends from divorced parents who had wonderful childhoods, 'broken' to me is when Ma & Pa are crackheads running a puppymill out of the living room, and the kids have shoes with holes in them.

39 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Luke...PTSD

Many episodes ago he talked about being in war and seeing some of his closest friends killed. Right there it seemed obvious he was still dealing with that trauma. I think the PTSD is pretty likely considering.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cynna said:
23 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I'm older generation myself and most hair like hers reminds me of my natural blonde friend who's hair went dark at the scalp if she didn't wash it often enough.

Huh? What on earth does this mean, I've never heard this saying before.

Sorry, I made it sound like it actually changed color, didn't I?  What I mean is that the oil in her scalp made the hair look dark at the roots.  Once she washed it the roots looked blonde again.  If she was sick or something and didn't wash it for a week the first four or five inches would look dark from the oil and only her dry ends would stay blonde looking.  So that's what JoJo's hair looks like to me -- dirty hair.

• Love 1

Jojo points out a photo of Aaron on the wall at Jordan's high school. She notices that Jordan clearly does not want to talk about. The second they sit down on the bleachers outside, she asks about Aaron, whether she can talk about him all throughout their hometown date. Jordan very clearly states that it is not a topic that needs to be brought up. Jojo sits down with his brother Luke and proceeds to bring up Aaron straightaway. He immediately shuts her down too. She then settles for mentioning Aaron in every talking head since it's clearly killing her inside that nobody wants to discuss the famous brother with her.

I was actually shocked she was going to cut Luke. I thought he was F2 for sure (although obviously not The Chosen One). Instead it looks like we get a F3 of floppy-haired clones, although I've warmed up to Chase since he just seems so damaged but normal. I liked his brief conversation with his sister because they seemed like real siblings aware of the weird situation (enjoyed when she sarcastically thanked him for this experience). Luke's hometown was really romantic I thought, but then again I love the country. At least now he has a better chance at the Bachelor spot I guess. They can run some Men Tell All stoic but strong through heartbreak interview with him and all will be right in The Bachelor world.

10 hours ago, JenE4 said:

"This guy has some serious PTSD from the war and/or Texan cowboys aren't allowed to have emotions"

I did laugh at the cowboy-ness of it all when Luke's sweet dad started tearing up despite himself while talking to him and Luke stared hard at him, gave him a flat "I love you", and then patted him to get up (aka pull himself together).

Also burst out laughing when they replayed Chad's "milk's delicious" line on the Men Tell All preview. Just gold.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Lots of adults don't talk to certain family members or even their entire family.

Sad but true. I myself come from a highly dysfunctional family - my father has said to my face "You are not a part of this family anymore". Everyone but one member of my family refused to come to my grad school graduation and my wedding. I can assure everyone I did not burn the house down, murder anyone, or deal drugs.  It's a mix of sibling jealousy, parents taking sides, ego, money, mental health issues underneath it all but it's not worth me hurting myself to try to fix something that's irreparably broken.  Life is short, you find your own family, blah blah let's move on.

Having been through that myself I don't think any less of Aaron - in fact his dignified silence is very telling.  I wouldn't allow my face to be shown on the show either.

• Love 21
(edited)
4 hours ago, Cynna said:
13 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

That whole thing was so irritating.  First the big news that Chase came from "a broken home," like it's a rarity in this country with a 50% divorce rate. 

The '50% divorce rate' thing isn't true, it's something like 28%,

Young people are doing better but the 40-50% remains the projected divorce rate for baby boomers, and I imagine Chases's parents are  in that group, meaning that for their children, growing up with divorced parents probably wasn't all that rare.  Point being that Chase probably wasn't the only kid in his class from a "broken Home."

http://fortune.com/2016/06/17/baby-boomers-divorce/

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Hi, there! 'Twas I who brought up that Luke either has PTSD or is just a stoic Texan cowboy who's not "allowed" to show his emotions. I certainly didn't mean to make light of PTSD. And, yes, I'm aware that those suffering can have very severe repercussions with flashbacks and reactions to loud noises, etc. And, no, Luke hasn't shown any of those symptoms. I armchair diagnose everyone on these shows with no psychiatric training, so it's not like I'm especially targeting Luke or veterans or PTSD in general. I think Alex suffers from Napoleon complex, Jordan suffers from inferiority complex living in his brother's shadow, and Chad was possibly bullied/abused as a child and that's why he's so hyper-focused on being strong and manly. It's not like my opinions are being sought after for an article in the American Journal of Psychiatry. To me, that's just part of the experience of watching reality shows is questioning what the hell is wrong with this person that s/he would go on this show?! Um, is this making it better or worse? ;-) But, truly, my apologies if anyone now, in the past, or in the future ever feels hurt or insulted by my opinions. We all gather together to snark on TV shows--and the people on these shows. Yet, I get that if you personally relate to a "character" on TV, criticism or snarky comments may hit close to home. Let's get back to focusing on what really matters here. Guys, we get to see Chad next week!

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 6

That would be perfect symbolism, Judy, for an explosive romantic relationship!

I hope Nitro wasn't hit hard by flooding. Other parts of WV I've been to have (Clendennin area).

1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

And, no, Luke hasn't shown any of those symptoms. I armchair diagnose everyone on these shows with no psychiatric training

As you should.  I find this place as good as webMD.  

9 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Of course.  You're probably right.  But since we don't know what's going on, it's all speculation, and things look different when you look at it from a different angle.  I guess that's what I'm doing.

I got that, just throwing in my 2 cents. ;^)

• Love 3
On July 18, 2016 at 9:13 PM, JenE4 said:

[Insert your hometown here] is the perfect place to fall in love!

Chase gets hypothermia walking through snow in loafers and picnicking in wet pants. But, fear not, he hangs his legs off a cliff to dry them off. How does he have a CO without a railing on that stairwell? This guy likes living on the edge...literally. Yet, I like that we see where HE lives rather than just where the PARENTS live.

In an interesting twist, Mr. Chase is interrogated to prove that HE's Here for the Right Reasons, deadbeat dad! A case study of adult children of divorce by the Chase family. JoJo has taught him how to open his heart and made him ready to express love--after a perfect single teardrop. So if he's not F1, this hometown is the audition reel for The Bachelor. 

Jordan's got his Members Only windbreaker on, and he's ready to go...back to high school? Sigh. This move means a) he peaked in high school, b) there is NOTHING in this podunk town, or c) all of the above. Option A is definitely a given; the herd of deer might also imply that C is the correct answer. Family therapy sibling edition with the Rodgers family.

JoJo is begging Jordan for reassurance that it will be forever, so unless he gets hit by an asteroid or HE ends up leaving on his own, they can't even try to pretend it's NOT Jordan. This will probably be the first time that when the lead says "it's always been you," I will be sitting on my couch nodding that yes, yes it has always been Jordan. 

I missed where Robby is from, and I'm even more confused trying to solve it with context clues...palm trees and people walking around in colonial garb (not the Victorian carriage driver, but two people walking in the background with those three-pointed revolutionary hats). Colonial Florida? That's not right. Virginia couldn't possibly have palm trees. And I miss the entire date trying to reconcile early American history and regional climates, perking up just as they go into commercial break to hear Robby ominously saying, "Nothing can go wrong tonight" because OMG that means that everything is going to go SO WRONG! And then after the commercial break I see they're in Jacksonville, FL!! Ok, Florida!! But that was not one of the original 13 colonies, so I'm still confused, but Jacksonville looks lovely; I always pictured it like Tampa.

Robby has a purple plastic wineglass inside of a clear plastic tumbler and I'm even more confused--when you want to look fancy, but you're too drunk to handle delicate stemware. But, focus, Jen! Here comes the drama! A Not Here for the Right Reasons accusation! Everyone drink from your wineglass tumbler sippy cups! Ok, he sort of survived with a half-hearted, "I trust you, but I don't know" from JoJo because she's just not that into you, Robby.

JoJo meets FIFTY of Luke's "closest friends," which means maybe everyone but the only three "uncool people" or recluses in Burnet, TX. Luke's I love you background music has WORDS! Is this Luke's song, or did we miss a surprise performance date and they're squeezing in a pre-paid song? But, I think a background song with words has to have even greater significance than the "love's sweeping journey" instrumental song because then they could play this song after the proposal IF it's Luke! But if it's not Luke, then the producers are all damn it, Chase had a single tear and an emotional breakthrough! If we want Luke to be The Bachelor, then we need a candle path, a flower heart, and a sappy country song!!!

JoJo tells us she's going to get rid of Luke. Luke tells her he's in love with her. That country song was TOTALLY overcompensating!! And now she's in hysterics because there's apparently some difference between whatever he did tell her about having his heart (who could hear over that music?!) and "officially" saying I'm in love with you. Yadda Yadda. Chad on Tuesday! I cannot wait for TMTA!!

FYI - where Robby's date was is St Augustine Florida which happens to be the oldest European settlement in the U.S. established in 1565 (before the Jamestown colony was established by the British), hence the colonial garb. The downtown district has original cobbled streets and buildings including the Spanish fort built to protect the city from pirates and enemies of Spain. It is a great place to visit. Not only is it a great historical city that many in the U.S. don't know about but it is also absolutely gorgeous, beautiful architecture, great restaurants and shops, and proximity to one of the most scenic coastlines in Florida. 

• Love 5

Sorry, I made it sound like it actually changed color, didn't I?  What I mean is that the oil in her scalp made the hair look dark at the roots.  Once she washed it the roots looked blonde again.  If she was sick or something and didn't wash it for a week the first four or five inches would look dark from the oil and only her dry ends would stay blonde looking.  So that's what JoJo's hair looks like to me -- dirty hair.

I agree that Jojo's hair looked oily at the scalp this week, to the degree that I was actually distracted by it. But I think part of what's giving the impression of dirty hair is that she has blonde highlights in what appears to be naturally much darker hair, and she clearly hasn't had them redone in a while. Her natural hair is growing in and her highlights are now a few inches down her head. On a girl where the contrast between highlights and natural hair color is so strong, it just kind of looks unkempt. It's not an atypical hair situation, but it does seem atypical for someone who is the lead on a popular reality TV show and who I'm sure has access to stylists. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ag54 said:

FYI - where Robby's date was is St Augustine Florida which happens to be the oldest European settlement in the U.S. established in 1565 (before the Jamestown colony was established by the British), hence the colonial garb. The downtown district has original cobbled streets and buildings including the Spanish fort built to protect the city from pirates and enemies of Spain. It is a great place to visit. Not only is it a great historical city that many in the U.S. don't know about but it is also absolutely gorgeous, beautiful architecture, great restaurants and shops, and proximity to one of the most scenic coastlines in Florida. 

Thank you! St. Augustine sounds like the perfect place to fall in love! The More You Know!

• Love 2

Because I cannot use formatting: QUOTE: "Jordan's family was not seeking time in the sun. Jordan got them into this. " Viewers of past seasons know that parents/family/friends can elect NOT to appear on the HTD episode, or any episode at all. So yes, Jordan's family WAS seeking their own time in the sun. Or famewhoring, whatever one wants to call it. Even TMZ showed the two empty Rogers family dinner chairs, and made fun of it.

The more I think about this (I know, right?), the more I feel Robbie dumped his ex to be on this show and so did JoJo. Both of them are there for The Right Reason: To join the celebrity D-list and maybe grab hold of a network job. Or a network star.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jillibean said:

I agree that Jojo's hair looked oily at the scalp this week, to the degree that I was actually distracted by it. But I think part of what's giving the impression of dirty hair is that she has blonde highlights in what appears to be naturally much darker hair, and she clearly hasn't had them redone in a while. Her natural hair is growing in and her highlights are now a few inches down her head. On a girl where the contrast between highlights and natural hair color is so strong, it just kind of looks unkempt. It's not an atypical hair situation, but it does seem atypical for someone who is the lead on a popular reality TV show and who I'm sure has access to stylists. 

Her hair isn't growing out, she's doing it on purpose.  It's the "ombre" thing she has going on, which I think looks pretty good as long as you keep the highlights closer to your natural color.  When you don't, you get what she has, hair that looks like the color needs to be touched up.

• Love 2

Because I cannot use formatting: QUOTE: "Jordan's family was not seeking time in the sun. Jordan got them into this. " Viewers of past seasons know that parents/family/friends can elect NOT to appear on the HTD episode, or any episode at all. So yes, Jordan's family WAS seeking their own time in the sun. Or famewhoring, whatever one wants to call it. Even TMZ showed the two empty Rogers family dinner chairs, and made fun of it.

The more I think about this (I know, right?), the more I feel Robbie dumped his ex to be on this show and so did JoJo. Both of them are there for The Right Reason: To join the celebrity D-list and maybe grab hold of a network job. Or a network star.

Maybe Jordan's family wanted to be supportive of him. Most families agree to be on the show, it doesn't mean they want some sort of spotlight. If they didn't agree to go on people would be saying bad things about them too. I'm pretty sure the show's producers set up the empty chair shot. I do believe Jirdan's parents were happy to see him and meet JoJo and that they miss Aaron. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Jordan's family, by agreeing to be on this show, set themselves up for online jokes, having TMZ make fun of them, having posters comment on the sexuality of their son(s), post links to one of their son's anti-gay rants ... and on and on. I can be supportive of my kids without being on a scripted reality show watched and commented on by zillions. Especially when, for most sites other than here, online posters are really mean. But, to each his or her own I guess.

As for JoJo's hair, I spent most of this episode looking at how it got long and then shorter throughout the different cities and THs. It's pretty bad when hair is the only thing holding my interest while watching this show.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

JoJo seems to believe that if a man says "I love you" and taps his heels three times, it'll last "forever".  She has zero concept of what a normal long-term relationship is like.  She has a lifetime of anxiety ahead of her unless she learns some self-reliance and self-respect.  She seems to think she's nothing without a man.  And, sadly, she truly believes that she had a relationship with Ben just because he said he loved her.  I feel really sorry for her. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I told my doctor I was WebMD-certified when I brought something to her attention. She liked that. I don't use my powers for reality TV shows, though, so I have no idea who has what syndrome.

I thought these were the weirdest hometown dates ever (yet still the most dramatic!). Chase (that was Chase, right? With the puffy forelock and the scruffy chin?) used his date for some family counseling with his father (the old rascal! Yeah, we know what you were up to while still married to Chase's mom). I can't even with Jordan's family (that was Jordan, right? with the puffy forelock and the scruffy chin?)--they should get together with Chase's family. Run, Aaron Rodgers, run, as far away as you can. Robby (okay, puffy forelock, scruffy chin, yes I think I'm hilarious) is suuuuch a liar. Luke (yeah, puffy, just a little scruffy :)) you were my favorite and then fell out of it but now you're back in my good graces, but you definitely are a player--the old hold-her-face-in-your-hands kissing is a classic romantic move. Too bad I'm not picking up on a single molecule of chemistry between the two of you. Ten bucks says you don't live in Burnet, though, so she wouldn't have to either. 

Kudos to Robby's mom for having an open wine bottle next to her place at the dinner table--I believe that is a nod to Jo's mom and drinking right out of the champagne bottle (my all time favorite moment in the history of The Bachelorette).

The "to-be-continued" is pathetic. Show is making one guy wait to find out he won't be getting into Jo's undergarments in the Suite experience! Not nice.

But seriously--this show is a lot more fun to watch if you don't take it seriously or have a favorite. It has gotten more fun this season to me (although I see why some are bored, but then again I just don't watch shows that are boring me, so there's that option) since it doesn't seem to be taking itself too seriously either. And Jo has a gorgeous wardrobe.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

First the big news that Chase came from "a broken home," like it's a rarity in this country with a 50% divorce rate.  Then all that "issues," talk with his sister, and Chase saying he had trouble saying he loved anyone because of his parents divorce.  What does that have to do with it?  Surely you can love someone without having to marry them and surely if you do get married you don't have to follow it up with divorce. I would think young people like Chase and his sister would be eager to start their own families and not make the same mistakes their parents made. 

You obviously haven't come from a broken home.  As a child of divorce, I can say that divorce has numerous negative effects on children.  One of the effects is that children from broken homes are more likely to divorce which should make any rational person in their situation think twice about marriage.  Generally speaking, they tend to be wary of marriage because they have experienced the repercussions.  Some may be eager to jump into relationships to fill that emotional void but tying the knot is another story.  Again, this is a generalization.  That being said I doubt Chase needs to worry about divorce at this point in his life because I don't think JoJo will pick him. 

14 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I told my doctor I was WebMD-certified when I brought something to her attention. She liked that. I don't use my powers for reality TV shows, though, so I have no idea who has what syndrome.

I thought these were the weirdest hometown dates ever (yet still the most dramatic!). Chase (that was Chase, right? With the puffy forelock and the scruffy chin?) used his date for some family counseling with his father (the old rascal! Yeah, we know what you were up to while still married to Chase's mom). I can't even with Jordan's family (that was Jordan, right? with the puffy forelock and the scruffy chin?)--they should get together with Chase's family. Run, Aaron Rodgers, run, as far away as you can. Robby (okay, puffy forelock, scruffy chin, yes I think I'm hilarious) is suuuuch a liar. Luke (yeah, puffy, just a little scruffy :)) you were my favorite and then fell out of it but now you're back in my good graces, but you definitely are a player--the old hold-her-face-in-your-hands kissing is a classic romantic move. Too bad I'm not picking up on a single molecule of chemistry between the two of you. Ten bucks says you don't live in Burnet, though, so she wouldn't have to either. 

The "to-be-continued" is pathetic. Show is making one guy wait to find out he won't be getting into Jo's undergarments in the Suite experience! Not nice.

There were a few more molecules early on but now she doesn't seem to like him at all and I don't care what kind of fit she threw before the rose ceremony. I noticed when he was saying goodbye to her after his hometown date, that she patted his back as if telling him she was done with the goodbye kisses. I think it's obvious that she's keeping Luke for the show, setting him up for The Bachelor. 

It's so funny I actually thought Derek would be in the final 4 instead of Chase. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Cynna said:

The way he explained it, he was over the relationship 9 months earlier, but stayed in it. So, he has no spine and is one of those guys who will emotionally leave, but stay until he finds a new situation. Jerk.

After HTDs, I find Robby smarmier than Jordan. Why would he even say something like that that can easily be verified in SM? It's like saying, I'm a lawyer, but your name and license number can't be found anywhere in the internet.

So it was over 9 months before it officially ended - in the 9 months it was supposedly "over", Robby and his ex took a month-long vacation to Italy, wore matching pajamas during Christmas, and celebrated and partied on New Year's Eve together. 

But I'm sure he was dying inside all those times.

• Love 7

I'm not surprised that Jordan has made it this far.  I suspect that ABC has already lined him up to be the next Bachelor if things don't end up well for him on this show.  I find it funny that they keep calling him "former NFL quarterback" when the best he ever did was to be on the practice squad.  No doubt being the brother of someone famous helped him get onto this show.  There isn't much appealing about him IMO.

• Love 1
(edited)

Someone needs to tell me how old Chase was when his parents divorced. The age of the kid when parents split has a great deal to do with how they are affected. Anyone know? Anyone? Bueller ... ? Also, the reason for the divorce plays a part as well. My spidey sense picked up on dad leaving for another woman, but then again, that's just my spec. Slowpoked, you have just reaffirmed what I posted earlier, that Robbie (and Jojo) dumped the ex to be on this show so as to find Fame and Fortune.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

After HTDs, I find Robby smarmier than Jordan. Why would he even say something like that that can easily be verified in SM? It's like saying, I'm a lawyer, but your name and license number can't be found anywhere in the internet.

So it was over 9 months before it officially ended - in the 9 months it was supposedly "over", Robby and his ex took a month-long vacation to Italy, wore matching pajamas during Christmas, and celebrated and partied on New Year's Eve together. 

But I'm sure he was dying inside all those times.

I gave Robby the benefit of the doubt but after this episode, he is obviously lying. Besides the SM evidence, he got redder and redder as he talked to Jojo. His cheeks were so red that it looked like Hope had just slapped him as he claims.

• Love 2
(edited)

This is such a boring season. I just can't see it working out with any of the remaining men (although I do like Chase, and wish he could be the next Bachelor -- I think he has a very Ben H. quality about him) and JoJo. Perhaps that's why it's so boring? The only real emotions here are JoJo's feelings for Jordan, but whenever I see them together, it doesn't feel like a couple in love -- it feels like a girl who has an enormous crush on a guy that's just not that into her. And I think JoJo, on some level, can feel it too, which is why she keeps seeking validation from Jordan that his feelings are real. I'm not saying that Jordan doesn't like JoJo, but I think he's still in a place of "this girl is hot, I'd date her for a bit" but definitely not smitten or "in love" the way he claims to be -- and the way JoJo clearly feels with him.

Edited by lavenderpenguin
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

As for JoJo's hair, I spent most of this episode looking at how it got long and then shorter throughout the different cities and THs. It's pretty bad when hair is the only thing holding my interest while watching this show.

I use up a lot of mental energy trying to give it a bit of a lift around the hairline! It really bothers me how it is this season, just flat and sometimes veering towards barbershop quartet slicked down.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Part of the problem is that so many young women have such obvious fake hair colors, that you can never tell if the roots are deliberate or just a poor shampoo schedule.  I blame Heather Locklear back in the "Melrose Place" days.  Before "Amanda" made obvious roots popular, women would tend to their coloring needs much more rigorously.  And that was before they had the specific root touch-ups available, we had to buy a whole new box of color to do touch-ups.  Kids today are spoiled.  ;-)

• Love 4
11 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Someone needs to tell me how old Chase was when his parents divorced. The age of the kid when parents split has a great deal to do with how they are affected

I think I heard nine but I'm not sure.  My son was ten when his father and I got divorced and I know it hurt him terribly, far beyond anything we imagined or were led to believe at the time.   I certainly wasn't saying that divorce didn't hurt kids. I was just criticizing the show for always implying that the people from what they call "broken homes," are damaged goods, unable to love or ever have a healthy relationship, while everyone else is issue-free.  I'll take Chase and his divorced parents over Jordan and his perfect parents any day.

• Love 4
(edited)

OMG it took me three days to watch this episode on DVR, and I purposely avoided these forums and twitter and other media so I would not be spoiled on the ending, and then... there WAS no ending.  CLUNK

Someone needs to tell me how old Chase was when his parents divorced. The age of the kid when parents split has a great deal to do with how they are affected. Anyone know? Anyone? Bueller ... ? Also, the reason for the divorce plays a part as well. My spidey sense picked up on dad leaving for another woman, but then again, that's just my spec. Slowpoked, you have just reaffirmed what I posted earlier, that Robbie (and Jojo) dumped the ex to be on this show so as to find Fame and Fortune.

It seems to me that the main issue was that after the divorce Chases' father was not around and did not remain in his life much.  Which is sad.  Divorce plays out differently from one family to the next but I think when one parent does not even stay a central figure in the child life has got to be devastating.  My heart broke when Chase asked his Dad why things did not work out with his Mom, like here he is still looking for answers as a grown man!  I like Chase and I am rooting for him.  I have totally been into him since the steamy yoga date - that scene was for me, one of the hottest things I have ever seen on The Bachelor franchise.  LOL

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 5

Did we find out during the visit if Luke lives in sin with his ex-beauty queen GF, or do they just fornicate behind mama & daddy's back, so as not to be seen as the hell-bound sinners that obviously Aaron & Olivia are?  Or does he still live at home and he & Miss Pageant Hair stay pure for Jesus?

• Love 2

Thanks for that Jordan hair photo, it is priceless. Priceless, I say! And maybe it's just my eyes, but it almost looks like Jordan is bald on top, which would explain the severe Donald Trump combover. Too funny that Brother Rogers has the same style. And maybe the same male-pattern baldness?

The photo also shows that Jordan and JoJo shop for their skinny jeggings at the same store. Or else they are sharing wardrobe.

Leighdeer, I think you've got it right. The Rodgers family seem to be "upright", right wing, Christian Republicans. Aaron broke up with his nice hometown Christian girlfriend/fiancee to date Olivia. Olivia is an Obama and gay rights supporter, speaks publicly about her sex life with Aaron, and is rumored to be a Scientologist.

I'm sure the family hates her, and it's quite possible that Aaron has decided to stick by his girlfriend. If so, I think it's sweet.

• Love 2
On 7/19/2016 at 11:32 AM, comosedice said:

I don't think it was insensitive of Luke to create a laid back, fun setting with people who mean a lot to him and see how JoJo fits in.

Home visits are planed in advance.  Everyone has to sign a clearance for one thing. They offer to cater the food, too.  His parents might have asked if they could have a big gathering and production jumped on it, glad to have something different.  Very little of what happens is steered by the contestant. 

(edited)

If I was meeting the family of a guy I liked, I would actually appreciate not having mom, dad, the siblings and spouses all eyeballing me for 4 solid hours across a dining room table, with no opportunity to take a break from the interrogation.  Not enough wine in the world for that!!

A casual, outdoor gathering with other shirt-tail relatives & friends would afford a few opportunities for the couple to take a beat without being rude to anybody.  I was a fan of it, as it seemed less pressure on everybody.  And the sisters/female friends could subtly compare notes on JoJo's sleaze-wear and stringy hair without being so obvious.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7

I think Jojo is ambitious and wants a partner who can improve her brand. The guy with the famous brother is the guy who can do that even if he only sticks around til After the Final Rose. She definitely does not want to live in the sticks with (imo) hot Luke or the other ones.

• Love 2