Type keyword(s) to search

Marcella - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just binged season 1 and came here to see of season 2 is markedly better. It seems not to be. So I won't waste my time. I love the Brit crime dramas but this one...!?!?!? Where do I begin? So many plot holes and just nonsensical convoluted unrealistic writing. Just bad. Could have been great. But nope. Off to find a different show to binge....

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Spoiler

So did everybody except Marcella and the baby die? Or was that Rav's voice on the phone at the very end.

I swear somebody forgot to print half of the pages of the script for many of the episodes. And in the final episode, some of those pages were at the very beginning. If a TV show is going make you say "Where are we? Who is that? What happened?" in the opening moments, then it had better answer those questions. I can't say that this one did.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 10/9/2017 at 10:38 AM, taragel said:

Who the hell is mean/cold after waking up next to Jamie Bamber?

How is that even possible?

If that isn't illegal, it should be.

Has his character been killed off? There's a website where they keep a tally and I want to be sure it stays accurate.

ETA that there's going to be a French remake:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/global/netflix-itvs-thriller-marcella-set-for-french-remake-ordered-by-tf1-1234716994/amp/

Since Bamber's fluent in French, maybe he could star in this one too.

Edited by Camille
  • LOL 1
On 7/11/2020 at 3:17 PM, Lamima said:

Just binged season 1 and came here to see of season 2 is markedly better. It seems not to be. So I won't waste my time. I love the Brit crime dramas but this one...!?!?!? Where do I begin? So many plot holes and just nonsensical convoluted unrealistic writing. Just bad. Could have been great. But nope. Off to find a different show to binge....

I just finished Seasons 1 and 2, and no. Season 2 started out better and was pretty compelling. It suffered the same old-crime multi-plotline crap, though I think it was better than S1 overall. However...

Spoiler

Jason (Marcella's estranged husband) basically attacks himself with a knife during one of Marcella's fugue states, she remembers it during regression hynotherapy, and he gets ZERO repercussions for it.

Her kids are complete assholes and have no redeeming value. I hoped they'd both be serial-killed at many points in S2.

Marcella signs over full custody of the two kids to Jason - the asshole who hasn't answered for his crimes in S1 OR after she remembers him attacking himself with a knife.

There's a bunch of other shit but it just ends so ridiculously. I started S3 and got 8 minutes in before bailing.

• Sad 1

I watched all three seasons pretty quickly and was hate-watching about halfway through season 1. Why is Marcella back on the police force? Why are they indulging her obviously close to illegal if not illegal actions? There are way too many dropped plot lines—even if some of them are red herrings, end them properly. Who killed Cara? Who did she sleep with to get those trophy items? Why isn't Edward in therapy? Why isn't Jason under arrest? Who thought it was a good idea to sign off on Marcella, an obviously emotionally unstable woman, going deep undercover?

So many questions with no answers, and the answers we did get were pretty disappointing. Crazy child-killer neighbor showed no signs of weirdness until Marcella finds her about to lobotomize Edward?

And at the end of season 3, Marcella has Stacey's baby. Yeah, that's going to end well. All Marcella needs is another case to obsess over and there goes any chance Katie has for a decent childhood.

• Love 3
On 8/13/2022 at 12:04 PM, dubbel zout said:

I watched all three seasons pretty quickly and was hate-watching about halfway through season 1. Why is Marcella back on the police force? Why are they indulging her obviously close to illegal if not illegal actions? There are way too many dropped plot lines—even if some of them are red herrings, end them properly. Who killed Cara? Who did she sleep with to get those trophy items? Why isn't Edward in therapy? Why isn't Jason under arrest? Who thought it was a good idea to sign off on Marcella, an obviously emotionally unstable woman, going deep undercover?

So many questions with no answers, and the answers we did get were pretty disappointing. Crazy child-killer neighbor showed no signs of weirdness until Marcella finds her about to lobotomize Edward?

And at the end of season 3, Marcella has Stacey's baby. Yeah, that's going to end well. All Marcella needs is another case to obsess over and there goes any chance Katie has for a decent childhood.

Marcella makes a hot mess look like a Popsicle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I’m very late to this series and  only 3/4s way through season one.  I kept wondering why I was so confused.  I guess the writing really is messed up.  I’m not sure I’ll watch anymore after this season.  

• Love 1