Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Along Comes Mary

18 hours ago, EuropeanGirl said:

I don't mean to sound superficial or rude, but is Sasha pregnant? She keeps wearing wider and wider clothes.

10 hours ago, SadieT said:

Sasha's instagram post (discussed in the Teen Vogue article) is from a few weeks ago, but she already posted about this last year. Apparently people refuse to STFU about her body despite the fact that she explained it over a year ago. I know that actresses accept that their bodies will be up for scrutiny but it seems ridiculous that she is still being criticized about this.

Sasha's June 2015 post:

To my incredible and loving fans,
Words cannot express how amazed I am by you!
I'm so thankful for the affection you have for me, Alison, and Pretty Little Liars! We/I wouldn't be able to make it happen without you! I get to do what I love every single day because of you guys! As a lot of you have noticed my body has gone through some changes, and I want to clear the air and give you an explanation. I have been facing a bad hormone imbalance that has thrown my body completely out of whack. I want to assure you that I'm healthy and getting everything back on track! A big thanks to all of you who have been in my corner! We live in such a judge mental society that puts every kind of flaw, including weight gain, in the same category. And for those of you who are struggling with any health problem, hormone imbalance, and weight gain of any sort I urge and encourage you to please deal with it in a healthy manor. YOU and YOUR health are what matters, not anyone else's opinions and assumptions of you. Getting healthy isn't just about working out and eating right (however extremely important) it's also about surrounding yourself with those who care about you and want to see you succeed and become the best you can be.

I love every single one of you and I hold you all dear to my heart!
Xoxoxox
Sasha

Sasha's July 2016 post:

I think truly loving yourself is one of the hardest things we as humans can do. We live in a society that literally profits from our self doubt and insecurities. Woman in particular are judged by their looks wether they are in the spotlight or not. We’ve subconsciously been shaped by the notion that we can only base our self worth on how people positively or negatively decide to see us. This is incredibly destructive. I learned quickly that if I was going to make it in this industry I had to develop thick skin. When I say "make it" I'm not referring to success and fame, I mean that if I am going to protect my heart and soul I need to make sure I create my own healthy environment. I've always struggled with my weight and in my early teens I realized health was very important. My whole mindset and lifestyle changed for the better and I was really happy and confident in my body and the way I looked. I was proud that I had gotten to a place I was comfortable in and had done it in a healthy way. There then became a point where my body changed dramatically. Being in my line of work meant that all of those changes were documented. There was major backlash on social media. People were actually angry that I had gained weight, I was being (and still am) called names, made fun of, the (unfortunate) usual but it wasn't until people started asking and assuming I was pregnant that I decided to say something. I had at that point found out that I had a really bad hormone imbalance and decided to share the news publicly. I made it a point to mention that I am and will always be "under construction." A lot of people responded well, and there were many people in the industry that supported what I had to say. That didn't mean that it just disappeared and people stopped talking about it, in fact it made people talk about it more. Not that I was surprised, but it disturbed me that so many females were so quick to tear me down on a subject that we all struggle with. We've all heard our parents tell us to treat people the way you want to be treated, but I think often we don't treat ourselves the way we should be treated. I decided at that point to love myself the way I am right now. That doesn't mean I don't want to improve myself, it means that I am making a point to love myself at every stage and chapter of my life. I know I will get to where I want to be, and I know that I will do it in a healthy way. No long term happiness comes from instant gratification. Do not lower yourself to people who refuse to grow higher. If you don't love yourself you'll continue to chase people who don't love you either. Eat like you love yourself. Move like you love yourself. Speak like you love yourself. Act like you love yourself.

Love yourself.

With genuine love,
Sasha Pieterse

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
my laptop froze while I was posting and ate half my post!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not your typical skinny girl neither do I support that image in the media. It's just that in this particular episode, especially when she was talking to Jenna, that outift seemed wider to me than the usual stuff that she wears. The scene when she tried to get her money got me puzzled about her possible pregnancy. I know wardrobe people give her the clothes that make her feel good, but I'd like her to wear more fitted things. She's a natural beauty to me, no matter what size she is! I'd rather have her face and be curvy than to have a bangin' body with not-so-flattering facial features.

I think that the wardrobe people are so used to fitting tiny actresses that they don't know how to deal with Sasha being bigger than a size 0 and as a result, they resort to putting her in bigger/looser things in an attempt to hide her shape (like the endless blazers they had her wearing in S6 or the baggy sweatshirts in S7) and that in turn just makes her look bigger than she really is. I agree that some more fitted tops/dresses would be more flattering on her. I don't think she is overweight or too big but their inability to deal with a body that isn't rail thin is making her look even larger than she is which just draws more attention to it. I think she still looks great and I actually think it's nice to see someone on tv who obviously weighs more than 85 pounds. We have such a skewed view of what females are supposed to look like.

• Love 4

Yes, the wardrobe people are to blame for how bad Allison looks. Sasha is a beautiful girl and far from overweight but she's surrounded by twigs in tight skirts and half moth eaten shirts and they throw her in bags. Seriously, her clothes on the show are horrible! IDK if they are trying to hide that she's not a 0 or trying to make Ali look bigger (Sasha is quite a bit younger than the others who are now playing closer to their ages while she's now playing farther from hers) but they are failing.

Remember back when Ali was dead? She was this totally stylish bitch on heels. I'm thinking she was the twin and the one we have now is NOT Ali because the character is a completely different person in every way. All that Ali has been though should have made her MORE of a fighter. Instead she is a doormat dressed in a trash bag. It is tragic.

• Love 2