Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Along Comes Mary

Noel Khan has returned! Beautiful Noel Khan and his beautiful face. Just when I think I`m out, they pull me back in. I can get behind a Jenna/Noel team up, as long as Jenna gets back to being awesomely creepy, and they get rid of the waste of screen time known as Shower Harvey. Why is she here? Who wanted this? Come on! 

Marco Fury? Really? Was Awesome McBadass taken? And of course the guy Spencer almost hooks up with is the new cop on town. It really is a small world after all. 

What? You mean Tragic Dead Girlfriend Who`s Body Was Never Found is not, in fact, dead? And is making phone calls? At what is apparently in some kind of street festival in South America (which was apparently one country until the last minute or something)? And will certainly show up at Ezra and Arias stupid engagement party? And a million UGGGGGGGs at Ezra and Aria and the engagement. I swear, Aria looks super creeped out at all the candles, and I swear I thought she was going to find a corpse or something. Aria is so much more likable with Ezra lurking around with his angst and his Lolita complex. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

What? You mean Tragic Dead Girlfriend Who`s Body Was Never Found is not, in fact, dead? And is making phone calls? At what is apparently in some kind of street festival in South America (which was apparently one country until the last minute or something)? And will certainly show up at Ezra and Arias stupid engagement party? And a million UGGGGGGGs at Ezra and Aria and the engagement. I swear, Aria looks super creeped out at all the candles, and I swear I thought she was going to find a corpse or something. Aria is so much more likable with Ezra lurking around with his angst and his Lolita complex. 

Ah but will Nicole crash the engagement party or will Liam? Dun, dun, dun...the plot thickens!  Maybe, Liam will find Nicole and expose the skeevy high school teen-adult relationship to all of Fitz's readers. And of course it will happen right after those little words, "Does anyone here object to this union?"

• Love 5

Re: Marco Fury

It seems like the most obviously fake fake name this side of Guy Incognito.

I give him 2 episodes before he's dating Alison or Spencer or both and 5 episodes before he's speaking in a British accent and reveals that he's the half brother of both Rollins and Ian and was also in love with Charlotte and that he drugged Spencer's drink at the bar.

If they were going for such an obviously fake name I'd have preferred Dirk Anger, Director of H.A.T.E.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Perfect Xero said:

Re: Marco Fury

It seems like the most obviously fake fake name this side of Guy Incognito.

I give him 2 episodes before he's dating Alison or Spencer or both and 5 episodes before he's speaking in a British accent and reveals that he's the half brother of both Rollins and Ian and was also in love with Charlotte and that he drugged Spencer's drink at the bar.

If they were going for such an obviously fake name I'd have preferred Dirk Anger, Director of H.A.T.E.

I think I saw it spelled "Marco Furey" on IMDB so he's obviously British, adding unnecessary vowels in the middle of words like colour or aluminium. 

I will compliment Andrea Parker for making Mary like Jessica, but different enough to be noticeable.  She doesn't have the Stepford Wife veneer that Jessica put over everything. I don't understand why Ali didn't react when Mary said "[Wrollins] double-crossed me".  Did Ali already discover and forgive Mary for working with Wrollins to steal all the Carassimi money?

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Ah but will Nicole crash the engagement party or will Liam? Dun, dun, dun...the plot thickens!  Maybe, Liam will find Nicole and expose the skeevy high school teen-adult relationship to all of Fitz's readers. And of course it will happen right after those little words, "Does anyone here object to this union?"

I want someone to ask Marlene flat out whether Nicole will be returning from the dead before, during or after the Ezria wedding. Answers.

17 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I almost died laughing when Ezra said it didn’t feel right keeping something from Aria.

I thought it was a transparent setup for the inevitable reveal that Aria deleted that call from Nicole's phone once she finally resurfaces. 

Nicole:  Why did you stop looking for me? I even called you!

Ezra:  Bwhaaaa??

Aria:  I thought it was a mis-dial and deleted it because Emily has a similar situation, and I didn't want to cause you unnecessary pain.

Ezra:  Betrayal!  [over the top histrionics ensue]

She deleted one phone call for a relatively rational reason. He stalked and molested and psychologically abused her when she was in high school.  Totally the same amount of betrayal.  Now they're even, and after she shows a ridiculous amount of contrition (she'll probably take a bullet for him in another rehash parallel to a previous season), their epic romance can continue with everything being perfectly fine and not at all sick and twisted.

• Love 2

I actually understood where Emily and Aria were coming from. They didn't want to upset Nicole's family/Ezra on what was likely either someone else with Nicole's phone or a prank. Likewise, no one said anything when Aria answered. I don't think it was out of selfishness. But Nicole is totally coming back. 

I"m not even going to touch Caleb/Hannah/Spencer..as it wasn't THAT bad this week, but thanks for ruining my favorite characters. Really. At least they're all still redeemable, but they better do it fast. 

On another note, I've been harsh on Toby, but the time gap has done his character some good. He still mansplains a bit, but it's even understandable. Good job Toby. With Spencer sucking right now, he's almost gained my forgiveness enough to date her again. Almost.

Hello Mr. Kahn. I have missed you. Here's to Ezria being the ship that sinks and Aria getting her some of that. 

• Love 1

Oh my!   It's an Ezria engagement!   I'm bursting with joy!  /sarcasm.    I dgaf who interferes even if it's Pepe, the corpse sniffing dog or a shovel.  Someone stop this terror before it goes further.  I really just want Jason to come back and sweep Aria away.   

• Love 4

Somehow I'd missed (or ignored) the proposal spoilers/promos so Aria slowly walking around the apartment right at the very end of the episode seemed very ominous to me. I was hoping she'd find Ezra dead! "Yessss, show! Do it!!" my brain was thinking. But then that ominous feeling turned out to be true in a more disturbing fashion (holla, Aria) and I vomited instead.

• Love 6
(edited)

Well, that wasn't too bad, especially compared to some of the previous episodes. I actually felt compassion for Alison which is rather rare for me. But Mary Drake can sod off, her very presence just makes the show even more of a silly soap opera than it already is. Alison telling Aria "Right now [you are going to deal with that creep Ezra], Aria?" was awesome.

You know, despite the sanctification of Alison in the last few season, she sure didn't seem uncomfortable when Jenna came to visit her and was even less repentant.

I liked the idea of Emily's cousin's accidental call but he took her dad's phone and kept the SIM card/number too? Wouldn't that be mighty inconvenient?

Good for Emily and Aria for being proactive with the investigating but they really need to wear gloves, Toby was right to facepalm.

I laughed when everyone was so surprised that Rowlins stole the money. Why do you think he married Alison in the first place, idiots? And this Marco guy literally said the police "had a theory" that Rowlins targeted Alison for her money - even after he stole it all, the detective still referred to that as a theory.

Could Spencer be any more pathetically inert this season? And honestly Hanna might as well have not been in the episode at all for all the impact she had on the plot. Freaking love triangle shenanigans.

Does anyone actually use the phrase "We'll day drink" in real life?

And now Alison is totally broke... How the might have fallen. You just know that the Alison of old would have hidden thousands and thousands of dollars (as well as creepy dolls, confusing diaries, wigs, and other clues) for such emergencies.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, joelene said:

Somehow I'd missed (or ignored) the proposal spoilers/promos so Aria slowly walking around the apartment right at the very end of the episode seemed very ominous to me. I was hoping she'd find Ezra dead! "Yessss, show! Do it!!" my brain was thinking. But then that ominous feeling turned out to be true in a more disturbing fashion (holla, Aria) and I vomited instead.

I had forgotten that there was supposed to be an engagement also, and I had the same thought as you, that Aria would walk in and find that Ezra was attempting suicide with his head in the oven but was too stupid to realize he had electric appliances.

• Love 1

Oh also, I smell a retcon coming of the Charles/CeCe situation - given the intense criticism. I don't know how, but Charlene will be a non evil entity who wasn't brutally murdered (but still dead, because they can't fix that oopsie) 

• Love 1

I really want more details on how Fake Elliott stole the identity of a 72 year old man. He obviously did it before Charlotte was at Welby so was his original plan just to be a fake doctor? Alison said that according to the police, Archer wasn't even a doctor so did he just put "went to med school" on his resume and Welby never bothered to check to see if he was licensed? Or was the real Dr. Rollins a doctor and Welby just thought that Archer looked really young for a 70+ year old guy?

3 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

On another note, I've been harsh on Toby, but the time gap has done his character some good. He still mansplains a bit, but it's even understandable. Good job Toby. With Spencer sucking right now, he's almost gained my forgiveness enough to date her again. Almost.

As much as I ragged on Toby in earlier seasons, I appreciate that no matter what the status of his relationship/friendship is with Spencer, he is still an unofficial PLL and will try to protect them (which was kind of the whole point of ol' Do Rag becoming a police officer). Sure, he punched his friend Caleb for hooking up with his ex, but he still respects Caleb's privacy enough not to blab to Spencer exactly where he went. And when he found out about Wrollins being a total phony, he told the girls. Even better, when he found Emily and Aria and the Burner Apartment (which has totally different connotations for me because I live in Berkeley so "burner apartment" makes me think it's full of playa and, faux fur, and LED lights), he was exasperated but he just told them to get the hell out before the other police got there. I did love his total eyeroll when he asked if they had touched anything and Emily showed him the fake passports. I AGREE, OFFICER TOBY. If you're going to snoop, be smart and bring gloves! I know I've been saying that for seven seasons though so I can't expect the girls to finally realize they are leaving their fingerprints all over every crime scene and shovel within a hundred mile radius.

6 hours ago, mac123x said:

I don't understand why Ali didn't react when Mary said "[Wrollins] double-crossed me".  Did Ali already discover and forgive Mary for working with Wrollins to steal all the Carassimi money?

When Mary and Ali got back to her house, Ali immediately asked Mary how she could have agreed to help a stranger (Elliott) drive someone (Ali) insane. Mary said she never wanted Ali to be killed and she never agreed to that. Mary claimed that Elliott said Charlotte wanted her (Mary) to have her money and Mary viewed that as justice, which she was okay with, but it later became apparent to her that Elliott wanted vengeance which she tried to talk him out of. She said that she hoped telling Ali the truth would help Ali forgive her because she has almost no family left.

Don't get me wrong - I still think Mary is shady as fuck. She asks pointed questions, happens to be gone while A(D) is delivering dry cleaned red jackets, etc. so it wouldn't surprise me if she has Charlotte's/Ali's money hidden away in some secret bank account or stuffed in a sock drawer (sorry, that's just Ezra, right?).

I was cracking up when Emily kept asking questions and Aria just kept saying, "I don't know." I swear I just had that conversation with my mom last week. I read her a text from someone else and she just kept asking me questions. I was like MOM, all I know is what I just read you from this text. I don't have any other information. We both know exactly the same information so stop asking me who what when where how questions!

• Love 3

So Nicole predictably is alive and Noelkahn returns at exactly the same time. Coincidence? Let's put him in a wig, mask, and fake accent and find out if they're long list twins.

If the whole point of Spencer hanging out at the Radley bar and talking to some guy was to create an alibi, and the guy turns out to be a cop, how dumb to pretend they never met.

23 hours ago, SadieT said:

So Alison knows her friends yet again accused her of murder and are the reason Rollins upped the torturing. This should be fun. Was Ali wearing the red jacket in the preview for next week? Because that would be kind of hilarious. 

She is indeed, which made me positively gleeful. What a gloriously passive-aggressive way to let the PLLs know she knows. Aria's face when she sees the jacket should be priceless. I'm here for this Ali. (And they really should've seen coming that AD would rat them out to Ali.)

Also, who would've thought that in all these seasons Ali would be the PLL to model the appropriate reaction to learning your boyfriend/husband is a lying tool? Looking at you, Spencer and Aria, with your ridiculous forgiveness of TobyA and Ezra the writer/spy.

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, mac123x said:

Emily and Aria are so stupid for not at least wearing gloves

I thought that too. Wouldn't Toby/other cops fingerprint that evidence?  It is so easy/cheap to wear latex gloves. They should keep pairs in the trunk of their cars, next to the shovels.  I guess they'd never cover up their flowing hair, so they will always leave evidence.

If the whole point of Spencer hanging out at the Radley bar and talking to some guy was to create an alibi, and the guy turns out to be a cop, how dumb to pretend they never met.

And we are supposed to buy Spencer as the smart one.

I swear, Aria looks super creeped out at all the candles, and I swear I thought she was going to find a corpse or something

I thought (hoped) Dexter was going to come out of the shadows. I still think Ian Harding/director? is having fun with the viewer still playing him as shady as fuck at times.

Edited by insubordination
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, insubordination said:

And we are supposed to buy Spencer as the smart one.

I guess the point is that Spencer apparently hadn't thought of herself as having broken up with Caleb, and so she considers this cheating and thus doesn't want to admit it. Which of course makes her sexing up the guy in the first place really stupid (even before learning he is a cop), because she ended up making her alibi something she doesn't want to admit to.

By the by, I guess this episode confirms the suspicions of those who say that we are never going to see the flashforward, because if Ali is already refusing to use the Rollins name now (she told Marco to use diLaurentis in their interview), she's not going to be using it in future. Which only makes sense, seeing as how she was married to him for a minute and a half and then learned he was a fake and a con artist out for her money...plus his last name isn't even Rollins!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

I actually understood where Emily and Aria were coming from. They didn't want to upset Nicole's family/Ezra on what was likely either someone else with Nicole's phone or a prank. Likewise, no one said anything when Aria answered. I don't think it was out of selfishness. But Nicole is totally coming back. 

Yeah, Nicole is obviously still alive. But these girls don't know they are on TV so they don't know that. Although, Nicole was kidnapped right? So her abductors would have had her phone and if the cops knew it was active they could track them down?

I was once at a Verizon store and there was a woman there complaining about how she had transferred her dead mom's home phone number to some other phone, and people kept getting freaked out about getting calls from a dead woman. But that was the actual phone company's caller ID, not a programmed number.

5 hours ago, mac123x said:

I had forgotten that there was supposed to be an engagement also, and I had the same thought as you, that Aria would walk in and find that Ezra was attempting suicide with his head in the oven but was too stupid to realize he had electric appliances.

They really shouldn't have promoted the episode as an engagement one, because it made the ending obvious. And was super distracting. 

Did Aria say yes? I don't think she did, but I don't think we'd have gotten a promo like that for her to say no next week.

• Love 1
On 7/19/2016 at 6:28 PM, Marmiarmo said:

How old is Mary Drake?  Because Ali should be 23-ish, making Mary about twice that old.  Dolly Parton first released "Little Sparrow" in 2001, so yeah...I don't think Mary's and Jessica's mom sang this to them to help them go to sleep, unless she was singing to her adult daughters and their respective families.  Sheesh...a little fact-checking wouldn't kill the writers, would it??

The song existed long before Dolly recorded it - it's an old folk song also known as "Come All You Fair and Tender Ladies".

I'll admit i'm actually kind of glad the Ezria proposal happened as i do want these two to get married if for no other reason than i want them to finally have Ezra turn out to be a big bad after all with the reveal happening after the two have wed ("I can't BELIEVE you actually bought the whole "um...i was doing research for a book" cover when it's so clear i was flat out STALKING you!") - i want that to be the sole reason for Ezra to be Endgame - specifically for that reveal.

I've long thought Sabrina is shady and somehow aligned with Uber A or Whoever's Against The Girls This Week - ever since she seemed to be responsible for the drugged gummy worms and was eavesdropping on conversations pre-time jump and in latest episodes it always seems like she asks very leading questions or is conveniently there for certain things.  I don't think i ever posted it before because she's so minor but i'd be kicking myself later if it turned out to be true and i didn't have posts i could go back and point to.

I am and always will be a Jenna fan.  I don't care that she's sharing scenes with Shower - it's actually a good use for the character.  If they have to have her around, pair her with the girl she has the most in common with.  But yeesh - more signs the PTB are losing track of their timeline again - how long has it been since 6B premiere?  Shower must have fast growing hair!

• Love 3

It looked to me like Spencer was doing that thing where you pretend not to recognize someone to save face. What was she supposed to do, say "oh, actually I already know your cop boss from when I almost drunk-sexed him in the Radley elevator the night BEFORE Caleb left" when she is over there talking to her ex who she still has feelings for about the srsness of her feelings for Caleb who she may or may not have cheated on with his cop boss depending on the barest of technicalities? Who would that benefit? I'm sure cop boss wouldn't appreciate it either, and this wouldn't be the first time they had a cop personally out to get them for some BS personal reason (Wilden, Garrett, Holbrook). It seemed like she visually flinched, looked down a bit, recovered, then put on her best Campaign Spencer face and moved on.

• Love 4

About that cop...when asked what she'd been up to that night, did Spencer not respond with "burying a body," and laughing it off? Am I remembering that right (I deleted)? At the time I thought it was incredibly stupid to say that -even jokingly- when you're trying to establish an alibi. Now it seems especially bad.

• Love 7

Yeah. Especially in a town where everyone is either A, a cop, or a secret DiLaurentis. 

Also, I've been posting on these forums from my phone so much since my laptop broke that my predictive text automatically puts DiLaurentis after the word secret now. PLLed. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, dwmckim said:

The song existed long before Dolly recorded it - it's an old folk song also known as "Come All You Fair and Tender Ladies".

But not with the same wording that Mary Drake sang.  The lyric she sang was Dolly's.

I'll admit i'm actually kind of glad the Ezria proposal happened as i do want these two to get married if for no other reason than i want them to finally have Ezra turn out to be a big bad after all with the reveal happening after the two have wed ("I can't BELIEVE you actually bought the whole "um...i was doing research for a book" cover when it's so clear i was flat out STALKING you!") - i want that to be the sole reason for Ezra to be Endgame - specifically for that reveal.

I've long thought Sabrina is shady and somehow aligned with Uber A or Whoever's Against The Girls This Week - ever since she seemed to be responsible for the drugged gummy worms and was eavesdropping on conversations pre-time jump and in latest episodes it always seems like she asks very leading questions or is conveniently there for certain things.  I don't think i ever posted it before because she's so minor but i'd be kicking myself later if it turned out to be true and i didn't have posts i could go back and point to.

I am and always will be a Jenna fan.  I don't care that she's sharing scenes with Shower - it's actually a good use for the character.  If they have to have her around, pair her with the girl she has the most in common with.  But yeesh - more signs the PTB are losing track of their timeline again - how long has it been since 6B premiere?  Shower must have fast growing hair!

On 7/14/2016 at 0:53 AM, SadieT said:

Her father apparently skipped town and stopped talking to his children after the Charlotte thing. Jason is doing charity work in Africa and didn't know Alison was in Welby until Spencer told him so it'll probably take him a while before he can get home. 

Jason could be home by now. His absence is ridiculous. 

On 7/19/2016 at 9:49 PM, Writing Wrongs said:

I'm so confused by the constant retcons. So Mary Drake was really Charlotte's mom? So what the fuck was all that with Charles DiLaurentis? Was Charlotte still Charles? I don't understand what was supposed to have happened.

When Hannah said she was going to be sick, the first thing I thought was "Pregnant."

Exactly. Hanna is pregnant, which is how they will finally resolve the triangle. 

9 hours ago, Law Mom said:

So Nicole predictably is alive and Noelkahn returns at exactly the same time. Coincidence? Let's put him in a wig, mask, and fake accent and find out if they're long list twins.

Your twins theory is not that far fetched for this show. IIRC they showed the book Twelfth Night in the burner apartment. It's about boy and girls twins and the girl pretends to be a boy for safety reasons!

It's OK that she pretended not to know the cop, because he will know she has an alibi. Looking forward to the scene when he tells Toby what happened without knowing their history.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, nara said:

It's OK that she pretended not to know the cop, because he will know she has an alibi.

There was a theory out there that Spencer accidentally used Wrollins' credit card when she paid for their drinks, which would come back to bite her.  Apparently not, though, since Detective Marco Fakename said that Wrollins used an automated kiosk to buy a train ticket.  Sounds like they already have his credit card records.

Maybe I am totally paranoid because I watched Person of Interest but I thought that Spencer buying a train ticket would end with the police looking through video footage at the train station and finding Spencer buying the ticket instead of Wrollins. I guess nothing is going to come of the train ticket or the credit card she used to buy drinks (I agree that the extreme closeup of the credit card she threw down for the drinks made it seem like that was going to come back).

1 hour ago, nara said:

Your twins theory is not that far fetched for this show. IIRC they showed the book Twelfth Night in the burner apartment. It's about boy and girls twins and the girl pretends to be a boy for safety reasons!

Yeah, I couldn't squint hard enough to see what the highlighted lines were, but I'm wondering who the secret twin is that the book is alluding to. Like did Charlotte have a secret twin, who is the one that actually died? Because we all know she's coming back, let's be real. Probably she's the one who stole the money, tbh. 

Marlene has to realize that the fanbase understands what she's doing here by now, right? Like she doesn't actually think she's actually being clever? This show is a parody of a parody of a good show that was once a parody of a show that was wearing the mask of a show that had a secret twin that was pretty okay?

Also, I think we are probably giving the Rosewood PD too much credit, like, 100% of the time. Seriously. They clearly don't have fingerprint technology or access to any sort of surveillance footage of any place ever, and no one who knows how to use a computer beyond a basic Google search, so all the speculation about credit card records and stuff is probably not gonna matter. I mean, in all the time these fools have been tampering with evidence and generally being nuisances, it's only ever bitten them in the ass a few times, like when they got caught in possession of felonious digging equipment or when Ali illegally won a childhood archery competition. Even then, A had to do the work for the cops, as they were too busy sexing high school girls and Hanna's mom.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nara said:

Jason could be home by now. His absence is ridiculous.

I don't know about that, I'm pretty sure that everything since Spencer called him has taken place in the span of, like, 2 or 3 days.

Assuming that he was doing charity work in a rural area there are definitely places where it could take days or longer to arrange for an international flight and actually travel to an airport.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

Oh also, I smell a retcon coming of the Charles/CeCe situation - given the intense criticism. I don't know how, but Charlene will be a non evil entity who wasn't brutally murdered (but still dead, because they can't fix that oopsie) 

Speaking of retcon, did they retcon Charlotte's original gender in this episode or is it me? I swear Mary Drake keeps mumbling about her baby GIRL.

25 minutes ago, Lii said:

Speaking of retcon, did they retcon Charlotte's original gender in this episode or is it me? I swear Mary Drake keeps mumbling about her baby GIRL.

As a Trans person Charles/Charlotte would have been a girl by gender, even if that didn't match her physical body/appearance at the time. So feminine pronouns would be appropriate to use when talking about Charles as a child. At least that's how I understand it.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Perfect Xero said:

As a Trans person Charles/Charlotte would have been a girl by gender, even if that didn't match her physical body/appearance at the time. So feminine pronouns would be appropriate to use when talking about Charles as a child. At least that's how I understand it.

You may be right. I just found it odd hearing her talk about holding her baby girl in her arms. I don't know that I'd be able to refer to an actual baby that way, either way. But I'm really bad about knowing how I'm supposed to say things in general. I'm pretty sure so is the general viewing audience though, in this case, so either way, it's really confusing.

22 minutes ago, Lii said:

You may be right. I just found it odd hearing her talk about holding her baby girl in her arms. I don't know that I'd be able to refer to an actual baby that way, either way. But I'm really bad about knowing how I'm supposed to say things in general. I'm pretty sure so is the general viewing audience though, in this case, so either way, it's really confusing.

Or TWINS! One boy,  one girl (speaking of physical bodies) and in her fragile mental state she's confusing the two.

Did Mary say that Elliot contacted her in London after Charlotte was dead?  Because I thought Mary returned from London a week before That Night(3).  So either Elliot lied to her, she lied to Ali, or it's a continuity error.

I don't know what it was, but something this episode made me think that Jessica didn't actually die, and Mary's not her twin, but another personality. I know, we saw her body (at least I'm pretty sure we did) but on this show that doesn't even seem to matter.

Marco Fury just makes me think of Carlos Danger. Are we going to get a storyline where he gets in trouble for showing his penis on social media (sorry, "Website Page")?

• Love 3
On July 20, 2016 at 8:48 AM, kitmerlot1213 said:

After finding out that Caleb did pack all of his stuff up and bail, I realize that I don't want him with Hanna anymore and Spencer is welcome to him.  Seriously, what kind of grown man acts like this?  First he was angry that Hanna wouldn't just leave her job and go with him that night to go to Europe, so he packed up and left and now Spencer doesn't talk to him when he wants her to and he packs up and leaves again.  

Yes. Ever since we found out how Caleb and Hanna broke up, it has irritated me how the blame was shifted onto Hanna's shoulders, when in reality, she had to go for her job. Maybe they were drifting apart, maybe Caleb was not into Hanna's lifestyle, but still, that wasn't the right way to end a long-term relationship. It just isn't. Throwing a tantrum and then skipping town without your phone? That's just rude and uncalled for, especially when Hanna didn't seem particularly psyched about having to leave for her job either. Maybe I'm reading too far into the Hanna/Caleb flashbacks, but it seems like Caleb was just entire baby about the whole situation and wasn't willing to be supportive of Hanna's career. It was like he was so above it all, and therefore, wasn't even willing to fake being supportive of her career. 

• Love 5
On 7/21/2016 at 8:26 AM, nara said:

Exactly. Hanna is pregnant, which is how they will finally resolve the triangle. 

Again, I'm confused by the timeline on the show because the last time Hanna and Jordan were in Rosewood together was before her kidnapping, which was several weeks ago, so wouldn't she have noticed that she hadn't had her period in a while?

And the physical trauma from the kidnapping was pretty intense--I just don't think Hanna's pregnant (or at least I hope not).  I think she was sick from the stress of the situation of covering up a vehicular manslaughter.

1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Again, I'm confused by the timeline on the show because the last time Hanna and Jordan were in Rosewood together was before her kidnapping, which was several weeks ago, so wouldn't she have noticed that she hadn't had her period in a while?

And the physical trauma from the kidnapping was pretty intense--I just don't think Hanna's pregnant (or at least I hope not).  I think she was sick from the stress of the situation of covering up a vehicular manslaughter.

I have no idea if they intend to make Hanna pregnant and, like you, would prefer she not be. Even with the time jump, these girls are still very young.  It's unusual enough that one would be married and another two are already engaged out of five.  Also, I don't think it would end the triangle, just inject further angst.

But it doesn't seem impossible based on the time line to me. Several weeks would likely be the minimum time it would take to for many women notice they were pregnant. Some people claim they knew the moment they were pregnant, but that isn't common. Under their present circumstances, it would not shock me to learn that Hanna hadn't noticed she was irregular if she's the type who normally tacks her cycle at all.  

The physical trauma might cause a miscarriage, but it wouldn't be outrageous if it didn't. 

Welcome back Ali's personality (partially) at least! And Noel Kahn. Love seeing his pretty face. Jenna I'd like to see him interacting with; Shower Harvey, no thanks. Not a whole lot going on in this episode but I liked it.  If Spencer and Hanna ever get to talk about something other than Caleb that would be great.  I mean I know she doesn't want to " interfere" with Spaleb but why hasn't she told at least Aria she's no longer engaged? With Ezra distracting her she probably would forget anyway.  My highlight of the night is Ali's side eye to Aria needing to leave right at that moment in the middle of an important discussion to talk to Ezra. "Really Aria, right now?" She was speaking for me at that moment. 

• Love 4
On 7/23/2016 at 2:33 PM, marina85 said:

I don't know what it was, but something this episode made me think that Jessica didn't actually die, and Mary's not her twin, but another personality. I know, we saw her body (at least I'm pretty sure we did) but on this show that doesn't even seem to matter.

Marco Fury just makes me think of Carlos Danger. Are we going to get a storyline where he gets in trouble for showing his penis on social media (sorry, "Website Page")?

Funny, he makes me think of Bryan Fury. I hope they don't call him Detective Fury too often. Or actually, maybe they should, and then I can have fun imagining that a cyborg from a fighting game just happened to end up in Rosewood. Let's be honest, it makes as much sense as some of the storylines they actually come up with.

Not much to say, except: did Aria really "sweeten the pot" with the security guy at Archer's apartment by giving him a fake number? That only works for short-term escapes where the guy has no further interactions with your life. How exactly was that supposed to work? Wouldn't that make him more inclined to report them when the cops came later? That would have worked better with just the money than the number for a restaurant. As soon as he calls it he'll have a reason to feel spiteful toward them, and given that they were obstructing justice and actually did kill Archer, the guy could feel more than justified in assisting in their arrests.

• Love 1
On 7/23/2016 at 3:11 PM, lavenderpenguin said:

Yes. Ever since we found out how Caleb and Hanna broke up, it has irritated me how the blame was shifted onto Hanna's shoulders, when in reality, she had to go for her job. Maybe they were drifting apart, maybe Caleb was not into Hanna's lifestyle, but still, that wasn't the right way to end a long-term relationship. It just isn't. Throwing a tantrum and then skipping town without your phone? That's just rude and uncalled for, especially when Hanna didn't seem particularly psyched about having to leave for her job either. Maybe I'm reading too far into the Hanna/Caleb flashbacks, but it seems like Caleb was just entire baby about the whole situation and wasn't willing to be supportive of Hanna's career. It was like he was so above it all, and therefore, wasn't even willing to fake being supportive of her career. 

I think we were supposed to read that this was an ongoing situation. That they were never together, and that Hannah was consistently a slave to her boss. Caleb always encouraged Hannah's ambitions (heck, he's attracted to Spencer..) but any partner would get tired of that behavior after a while, especially if the people she was around started bringing out the bad sides of Hannah again (the side we saw at the beginning of the season.) 

It's actually a gender reversal of what typically happens in that type of situation, however. 

On another note, Caleb's tendency to seek alone time when things aren't going well is a bit of an annoying trait of his own. But that in itself doesn't bother me. I'd rather Caleb have annoying flaws like that instead of being Mr. Perfect (or being absolutely horrible.) 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

I think we were supposed to read that this was an ongoing situation. That they were never together, and that Hannah was consistently a slave to her boss. Caleb always encouraged Hannah's ambitions (heck, he's attracted to Spencer..) but any partner would get tired of that behavior after a while, especially if the people she was around started bringing out the bad sides of Hannah again (the side we saw at the beginning of the season.) 

It's actually a gender reversal of what typically happens in that type of situation, however. 

On another note, Caleb's tendency to seek alone time when things aren't going well is a bit of an annoying trait of his own. But that in itself doesn't bother me. I'd rather Caleb have annoying flaws like that instead of being Mr. Perfect (or being absolutely horrible.) 

This reminded me of The Devil Wears Prada. 

4 hours ago, fitzcarraldo said:

Toby took off on Spencer for alone time just like that. Ezra shares the trait as well.

I am not sure I blame these guys from wanting to get away from the frequently self-inflicted drama of the Liars.

• Love 1