Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Along Comes Mary

Jenna returns to Rosewood and befriends another one of the Liars' enemies, making her the PLL's number one suspect for Uber A. In order to leave the psychiatric hospital, Ali must be released into the care of a relative, leaving her under the suspicious watch of Mary Drake. Spencer enlists Hanna's help to search for Caleb as he's missing in action. Aria and Emily stumble upon a secret apartment they hope will lead them to more answers.

36 minutes ago, AmandaPanda said:

In order to leave the psychiatric hospital, Ali must be released into the care of a relative, leaving her under the suspicious watch of Mary Drake. 

That makes no sense -- where is her father ?  Or Jason ? Or Pepe the corpse-sniffing dog ?

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

That makes no sense -- where is her father ?  Or Jason ? Or Pepe the corpse-sniffing dog ?

Her father apparently skipped town and stopped talking to his children after the Charlotte thing. Jason is doing charity work in Africa and didn't know Alison was in Welby until Spencer told him so it'll probably take him a while before he can get home. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 1

Clearly it's going to take at least the rest of 7A for Jason to fly back, let's be real. 

Any chance of ultimately finding Caleb in Spencer's mom's flowerbed? I'm just saying.

• Love 5

Gross, YouTube is really excited about Ezria's forthcoming engagement now. Like 80-10-10 split between pro Ezria, pro Emison, and anti Spaleb. Are these people high? Not that any other choices present themselves, but really? A teacher-student consent nightmare, a non-canon pairing, and "we don't care but we will rage quit if we have to watch any more awkward Caleb-Spencer sex scenes" are what the show has to offer after seven seasons? Ugh.

Can't it just be like Ian coming back from the dead to drink milk and propose to Spencer because why not? Or Liam? #nevergiveup 

• Love 4

Archer Dunhill -- A.D.  Sure why not ?

Archer Dunhill is also an anagram for Haunch Driller -- maybe that was Rollins pr0n name -- and Spencer will hallucinate about some magically moving children's blocks that will spell it out for her (yeah, that actually happened once before on this show).

Are they sure that Archer wasn't named after ADM, Archer Daniels Midland, the big agro company ?  Because there was a bag of food in his house.

Or maybe after Sterling Archer, the cartoon spy ?  Since he left his TV on in the house on Cartoon Network.  

Or he had the Blueray collection of Star Trek: Enterprise near his TV -- and was  a big fan of Captain Archer. 

Oh look Rollins had a copy of the Hunger Games in his medical bag -- and Archer was his side profession.  Who knows with this show ?

You see Allison, this is what happens when you get spontaneously drunken married -- without really doing your homework on your fiancé.

• Love 5

Ali must be released into the care of a relative, leaving her under the suspicious watch of Mary Drake. 

Every time you think psychiatric care can't get any worse in Rosewood something like that happens. "Let's release a patient who was committed by a guy with a stolen identity who broke about 56 regulations and was probably after her money, and is therefore quite sane indeed, into the care of an aunt who said patient didn't even know existed until a few days ago. I mean, she already has something like 456 reasons to sue us, let's give give her a few more because the more, the merrier!"

Gross, YouTube is really excited about Ezria's forthcoming engagement now. Like 80-10-10 split between pro Ezria, pro Emison, and anti Spaleb. Are these people high?

Are you new to the wonderful world of YouTube comments, where the average mental age is about 10?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Every time you think psychiatric care can't get any worse in Rosewood something like that happens. "Let's release a patient who was committed by a guy with a stolen identity who broke about 56 regulations and was probably after her money, and is therefore quite sane indeed, into the care of an aunt who said patient didn't even know existed until a few days ago. I mean, she already has something like 456 reasons to sue us, let's give give her a few more because the more, the merrier!"

Any other town this would never happen, except maybe Ravenswood where Alison would have been released in to the custody of a ghost, but it is par for the course in Rosewood.

• Love 4

Regarding the unexpected proposal, CAbernet and A podcast had a good speculation:  Lucas popping the question to Hanna.  The writers evidently have no influence on the promotional department, so I could see the promo twits trying to work the shippers into a frenzy about "Ezria are getting married!" while the writers have written an awkward encounter between Lucas and Hanna so they can explore the :men with money feeling entitled to a woman's affections" trope.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:11 PM, AmandaPanda said:

Jenna returns to Rosewood and befriends another one of the Liars' enemies

The long awaited (except not really) return of Shower Harvey?  She and Jenna can form a support group for people maimed by the Liars (except not really)

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:11 PM, AmandaPanda said:

Spencer enlists Hanna's help to search for Caleb as he's missing in action.

That's nice and ambiguous.  Does Spencer think he ghosted and asks Hanna "where would he go, Budapest?" or do they have some reason to suspect that he's been abducted?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Are you new to the wonderful world of YouTube comments, where the average mental age is about 10?

Sigh... I was wondering who the people other than the Ezria shippers were for. The only thing I use YouTube for is watching out-of-license anime and light tube death matches though, so it's been a minute since i had occasion to even scroll down to the comments at all. I most heartily regret it, I assure you.

I was thinking the other day about Rosewood quality psychiatric care, and those little patient's rights brochures they give you when they first check you in that are required by law. You have the right to have your condition explained to you, you have the right to a hearing if they extend your mandated hold (Ali checked herself in so the countdown would start over from the time she asked to leave and the stay became involuntary, I think, but I'm not sure), you have the right to a representative to advocate for you, you can't be restrained more than a certain amount of time, etc. I know, Rosewood and all... it just popped into my head. 

12 minutes ago, mac123x said:

Regarding the unexpected proposal, CAbernet and A podcast had a good speculation:  Lucas popping the question to Hanna.  The writers evidently have no influence on the promotional department, so I could see the promo twits trying to work the shippers into a frenzy about "Ezria are getting married!" while the writers have written an awkward encounter between Lucas and Hanna so they can explore the :men with money feeling entitled to a woman's affections" trope.

The long awaited (except not really) return of Shower Harvey?  She and Jenna can form a support group for people maimed by the Liars (except not really)

That's nice and ambiguous.  Does Spencer think he ghosted and asks Hanna "where would he go, Budapest?" or do they have some reason to suspect that he's been abducted?

I would totally get on board with a support group for victims of badly-retconned plot twists and self-inflicted injuries. They could spend their meetings planning ways to make the Liars feel inappropriate levels of guilt despite it for once not being their fault. Grunwald can attend as the medium for the ghost of Shana.

Speaking of The Grunwald, when you said Caleb ghosted I totes thought you meant in the Ravenswood way. Doesn't he have a ghost girlfriend there?

The writers evidently have no influence on the promotional department, so I could see the promo twits trying to work the shippers into a frenzy about "Ezria are getting married!" while the writers have written an awkward encounter between Lucas and Hanna so they can explore the :men with money feeling entitled to a woman's affections" trope.

I assume that by explore you mean "pander to the Lucas/Hanna shippers but not tоo much, lest they alienate Hanna/Caleb shippers"?

On 7/13/2016 at 11:11 PM, AmandaPanda said:

Spencer enlists Hanna's help to search for Caleb as he's missing in action

So, I guess this either confirms that he did bolt, just like he did with Hanna, or A.D abducted him. The latter would be a nice change, and it would make Caleb look like less of a dick. Plus, the girls always get injured/abducted/tortured, and the guys rarely do, so why the hell not? Maybe A.D will bring back old Caleb for us. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, I guess this either confirms that he did bolt, just like he did with Hanna, or A.D abducted him. The latter would be a nice change, and it would make Caleb look like less of a dick. Plus, the girls always get injured/abducted/tortured, and the guys rarely do, so why the hell not? Maybe A.D will bring back old Caleb for us. 

Maybe Caleb has actually been A.D. this whole season, but not actually real Caleb, post-op transgender Shower wearing a Caleb mask. Because that would explain where she's been and also clearly that would fix all the sensitivity issues Marlene caused with Charlotte, as that would be an extremely tasteful and sensitive story. Answers, bitches. From Shower to Bathtub: True Uncensored Story. Ezria could write the book version. 

• Love 8
On 7/13/2016 at 11:11 PM, AmandaPanda said:

Spencer enlists Hanna's help to search for Caleb as he's missing in action. 

Why either of these two want him back at this point I can't fathom. Clearly MK thinks he's more of a prince that what she's portraying him to be. And the engagement.....If it is Ezra/Aria then it's only a matter of time before Nicole comes knocking on his door again. I smell another love triangle brewing. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Why either of these two want him back at this point I can't fathom. Clearly MK thinks he's more of a prince that what she's portraying him to be. And the engagement.....If it is Ezra/Aria then it's only a matter of time before Nicole comes knocking on his door again. I smell another love triangle brewing. 

Well, she also thinks Ezria is a super romantic relationship. No accounting for taste. Or stupidity.

Nicole is some Shower-looking blonde, right? Can't wait until she turns out to be a secret DiLaurentis or NotDeadBethany.

5 hours ago, Lii said:

Nicole is some Shower-looking blonde, right? Can't wait until she turns out to be a secret DiLaurentis or NotDeadBethany

Nicole has brown hair and an Australian accent, so... yeah she probably is related to someone because the writers are all too busy looking for their next gigs to give a crap about making sense. 

3 hours ago, mac123x said:

Nicole has brown hair and an Australian accent, so...

She clearly dyed her hair and is faking an accent to get close to Fitz because she heard he was boning Aria who was friends with Ali, her super secret twin sister (fraternal, obviously) and she needs Fitz' spy intel so she can exact her revenge against Ali's friends for getting sent away all those years ago because the Delaurentis' decided they only wanted one daughter and this is the Liars' fault because...reasons.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

She clearly dyed her hair and is faking an accent to get close to Fitz because she heard he was boning Aria who was friends with Ali, her super secret twin sister (fraternal, obviously) and she needs Fitz' spy intel so she can exact her revenge against Ali's friends for getting sent away all those years ago because the Delaurentis' decided they only wanted one daughter and this is the Liars' fault because...reasons.

I literally block out Ezra unless he's yelling.   Wtf is Nicole?  Didn't he kill her or drink because he killed her?  Like, I see Ezria and I'm like zzzzzzz.

• Love 3
(edited)

I sort of think I fell asleep like 10 minutes into this episode. Why is this show so boring? 

And Jenna you can do so much better than teaming up with Sarah Harvey! In the words of Chanel Orberlin what fresh hell is this? 

And seriously I took like an hour long nap throughout this episode but I still can't believe the show is trying hard to act like Spaleb is a thing that's actually going to happen for real. (It's not)

And Aria was awesome this episode until Ezra sends her a text to meet up. For her proposal. Ugh. Bye Aria I will probably never care about your storylines ever again. Your wedding episode is going to require a lot of liquor. That's for damn sure. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1

I’ve said this before but each episode makes me say it again—Caleb is a total jerk. He “needs time to think” so it’s okay if he hides out and ignores everyone but when Spencer wanted time he wouldn’t leave her alone. Total jerk.

Loved Spencer calling Hannah out for wearing an engagement ring but still having feelings for her ex.

I almost died laughing when Ezra said it didn’t feel right keeping something from Aria.  It bothered him that much that he went to see Nicole’s parents without telling her first but he had no problem stalking her and writing a book about her for years. Classic.

No surprise on the engagement or the Nicole phone call. Saw that coming a mile away.  Loved the look of disgust on Allie's face when Aria bolted mid discussion. 

Holy hotness—Noel Kahn. No need to say anymore.

• Love 4
(edited)

How old is Mary Drake?  Because Ali should be 23-ish, making Mary about twice that old.  Dolly Parton first released "Little Sparrow" in 2001, so yeah...I don't think Mary's and Jessica's mom sang this to them to help them go to sleep, unless she was singing to her adult daughters and their respective families.  Sheesh...a little fact-checking wouldn't kill the writers, would it??

Then again, considering the way this show rewrites history to suit the plot of the minute, I'm not surprised.  

I'm with this until the end of the season, but they aren't making it easy, are they??

Edited by Marmiarmo
Spelling
  • Love 3

WHAT? Ezra and Aria are the ones who are engaged?! I did NOT see that coming. Oh my god, an Ezria wedding!

Now, all sarcasm aside, it wasn't a bad episode. Aria/Emily got plenty of scenes together. Even with Ezra back, at least Aria mostly stayed on task. Also, I guess since Aria's now in her early twenties and Ezra's probably 30 now, they can totally be together without any stigma...except for the fact of how they got together. That'll probably never be forgotten. Or it will, since nobody brings up the fact that Ezra used Aria for his book. 

Thank god Caleb wasn't in this episode. Spencer/Hanna got to be in scenes together and it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. Except more stupid relationship drama was still going on. 

I guessed that Sabrina would think that Emily was blowing her off after their kiss after the cold way she treated her.

Angry Alison got me excited, I'm not going to lie. We got to see shades of the Ali we know and love. Plus, her side eye at Aria leaving all because Ezra said that they needed to talk? I was right there with her. 

Oh, shady Jenna, how I've missed you. But hanging with Shower Harvey? Girl, you better be out to destroy her. I swear if they hook up in any way, I'll be pissed. But hey, Noel's back! Woohoo!

• Love 4

All I got from this episode was the realization that now that Noel Khan is back I just can't quit this shit show. Damn that boy is fine. I'm actually over Jenna though. She used to be all creepy now she's kind of lame. And pairing up with Shower isn't helping matters.

Love (in a not at all kind of way) how Aria is totally take charge and kick ass...until she gets a text from Fitz and then it's all "AD? Whatevs. I'm off for a booty call." The only good thing about the whole proposal storyline was the look of disgust on Ali's face when Aria suddenly had better things to do than try to figure out who is ruining their lives...again.

• Love 6

This episode was pretty boring. Although I did appreciate Alison willingly allowing a secret relative who may have assisted in mentally torturing and almost murderering her to live in her home because why not. Also enjoyed her frustration with Aria running off in the mist of an important conversation because Ezra told her to. 

I don't know why the girls are so afraid of A.D.. He actually seems quite helpful...sitting in on tests for them and getting their dry cleaning done. He's a considerate stalker. 

So Alison knows her friends yet again accused her of murder and are the reason Rollins upped the torturing. This should be fun. Was Ali wearing the red jacket in the preview for next week? Because that would be kind of hilarious. 

Happy to see Noel Kahn's beautiful face on my screen again. Although I wish he weren't working with Jenna and Sara Harvey because I really can't stand more Sara Harvey. 

• Love 9

I'm so confused by the constant retcons. So Mary Drake was really Charlotte's mom? So what the fuck was all that with Charles DiLaurentis? Was Charlotte still Charles? I don't understand what was supposed to have happened.

When Hannah said she was going to be sick, the first thing I thought was "Pregnant."

• Love 4

Are we supposed to think that Emily somehow found time to take an entire class and was taking a final exam? Hasn't it only been a few weeks since the girls got back to town?

That's a weird thing to nitpick, I know.

Agree with above post re confusion as to Charlotte's parentage...

Totally didn't see the Ezria proposal coming *rolls eyes*. And wasn't Nicole kidnapped and her body not found? Couldn't that phone call have been important to police who presumably are still looking for her - or at least looking for her kidnappers?

On another note, SOOOO annoyed with no one staying dead on this show. Now Rollins is back next week (based on the promo) and Nicole is clearly going to rejoin us from the dead and Charlotte probably isn't dead either. And how dumb was Emily's "of course she's dead, they had a funeral for her". Emily, you guys alone have gone to 1000 funerals for dead people who came back from the dead. Wtf are you talking about?

Spencer was uncharacteristically worthless. Trolling her ex and Caleb's ex for info as to where he was? Really? She reached an all time low in this episode. 

No Mona? Boo. But Noel Kahn? Yay!

Shower Harvey is one of the worst characters this show has ever forced upon us and I was hoping they would just retcon her completely (since they are clearly comfortable with retcons).  

• Love 8

Oh another randomly annoying thing. Is it realistic for 3/5 of them to be engaged or married by TWENTY THREE. I mean my goodness. Didnt they just graduate from college like yesterday?

• Love 3

I know writers who think Ezria is a decent, healthy relationship can hardly be expected to have much of a sense of humor about it, but I would have loved it if Ezra, after his "I will talk and you will listen, then you will talk" speech, had pulled out a paper bag for Aria and put one on himself just to remind the audience of how ridiculous this couple has always been. I suppose I should be happy with last week's "glass in her hair!" callback and not get greedy, though.

• Love 3

Unfortunately for me, no great leather jacket on Aria this week. Not much to interest me otherwise. I was waiting for Rollins to be alive, now the question is is he really still alive, or is someone (Mary Drake?) pretending to be him?

(edited)
2 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I'm so confused by the constant retcons. So Mary Drake was really Charlotte's mom? So what the fuck was all that with Charles DiLaurentis? Was Charlotte still Charles? I don't understand what was supposed to have happened.

When Hannah said she was going to be sick, the first thing I thought was "Pregnant."

As per the latest retcon in the Season 6 finale Charles/Charlotte/Cece is the biological child of Mary Drake, she was taken from Mary Drake because Mary was in Radley and adopted by Mary's sister, Jessica, and Kenneth.

Jessica and Kenneth lied and claimed that Charles was their bio child for whatever crazy DiLaurentis reasons, and also, for some even crazier DiLaurentis reason (and possibly least necessary retcon ever) they claimed she was older than she really was, as Charles and Jason were actually "practically the same age".

Edited by Perfect Xero
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, GaT said:

I was waiting for Rollins to be alive, now the question is is he really still alive, or is someone (Mary Drake?) pretending to be him?

Maybe Noel Kahn's going to start wearing Rollins face and speaking in a fake British accent? That would be such a waste though because Noel Kahn has such an excellent face of his own. 

I do think he might be the fake mask wearing cop that attacks Ali in next episode's promo though. 

I would forgive every awful thing this show has ever done--and there's a lot---if Aria turns down Ezra's proposal. I know it's not going to happen but it would not only redeem Aria's character but the writers as well. 

• Love 5

I think Aria's going to say yes only to have Nicole appear from the dead.

Not surprised Emily missed her exam, I doubt she even attended school. Plus a semester is months, haven't they only been back weeks?  

• Love 1

I had the hardest time focusing on this episode.  I have really only a couple of clear memories/impressions:

1. Spencer was looking for Caleb and asked both Hanna and Toby for assistance which makes sense on the one hand and felt odd on the other.

2.  Aria was 85% locked into the main plot but adiosed the second Ezra texted her even as Alison was mid sentence and with total disregard of Alison's hilarious "voice of the audience" annoyance. At first I was shocked Ali was shocked, but then I realized she missed a lot of the really egregious Ezia bubble untouched and uninvolved in the main plot bullshit which was more weighted toward the pre EzrA reveal (and then copout).

3. Emily is taking a class? 

4. Argh, fucking Shower.

5. Yay, MuthaFucking Noel Kahn!

6. Oh, and Toby found Aria and Em in Warcher's apartment in which they'd spent significant time, briefly asked about having touched things to which Aria gave a look and exposed some cash, and then, once again, no legit concern for leaving fingerprints was shown by the Liars or the cop in the room but the police were coming no doubt to search and potentially print the whole damn apartment.

45 minutes ago, SadieT said:

I do think he might be the fake mask wearing cop that attacks Ali in next episode's promo though. 

This actually sparked a thought/concern that the man they buried will turn out to be NotArcher (Narcher if you will) in an Warcher mask.  It would explain the bit about Wacher apparently not actually taking Ali to be harmed, but rather taking her to be save (look at that, I remembered another thing - though I wasn't paying attention to how they deduced that).  The theory is that someone donned a Warcher mask to break Ali out and the girls accidentally killed Narcher and buried him.  Which of course would mean Warcher alive, still able to screw with them, and now has really good actual blackmail material because the Liars can always find a way to fuck themselves worse. 

11 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I think Aria's going to say yes only to have Nicole appear from the dead.

I don't believe this scenario has ever really been in doubt.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RachelKM said:

This actually sparked a thought/concern that the man they buried will turn out to be NotArcher (Narcher if you will) in an Warcher mask.  It would explain the bit about Wacher apparently not actually taking Ali to be harmed, but rather taking her to be save (look at that, I remembered another thing - though I wasn't paying attention to how they deduced that).  The theory is that someone donned a Warcher mask to break Ali out and the girls accidentally killed Narcher and buried him.  Which of course would mean Warcher alive, still able to screw with them, and now has really good actual blackmail material because the Liars can always find a way to fuck themselves worse. 

I wouldn't put it past these writers but Rollins face did go through the windshield of a car so if he had been someone else wearing a Rollins mask, I would imagine the mask would have been ripped by the glass in his face. But who knows.

Honestly this mask business is utterly ridiculous because no one character has to be who they appear to be now. They could be revealed to be someone else at a later point or retconned to have never been that character to begin with. Maybe the Alison that returned to Rosewood their senior year of high school isn't Alison at all, but some random chick wearing her face. Maybe Ezra never came back from "vague location in Central America" and is actually that Holden kid with the heart condition wearing an Ezra mask. Maybe Rollins was Wren wearing an Archer Dunhill mask while pretending to be 72 year old Dr. Elliott Rollins who occasionally wore Detective Wilden's face. We can't even trust a character's face to be their real face. 

Anyway....I kind of want to know what was in Aria’s “welcome home from the mental institution” casserole. 

Sara’s still mad at the liars because she electrocuted herself and burnt her hands while trying to murder them all, right? 

• Love 8
(edited)

Was Aria wearing a steel-belted radial tire as a belt ?

Emily says that Aria can't tell Ezra about the phone call -- except that the call would be in the call log on his iPhone.
The other thing is that someone would still have to be paying Nicole's bill -- since Nicole has been dead for a long time.  Yet somehow that never crossed anyone's mind. Emily's story about her dad's phone was just stupid -- they didn't cancel his phone after he died.  WTF ?

Last time I checked if an iPad is recording in landscape mode, it doesn't auto-convert to portrait mode on an iPhone by automatically removing 2/3 of the video.

"the burner apartment" -- no matter how much you keep saying it, it's just not a thing.

What the hell were those pants that barista girl was wearing when just happened to run into Emily and Aria on the street ? On the other hand, you had to like Emily's skin-tight pleather pants.

I hate it when Alison plays the pronoun game with Mary Drake -- He took it.  Where is it ?  You know what he did.  Who writes this crap ?

I just don't see Shower Harvey drinking a John Collins -- that seems a little old-timey for the millennial crowd.  Why did Shower need to help Jenna to the bar stool -- she made it all that way into the bar without any problem ?

Marco Furi -- seriously, that's his name ?  Was Lance Strong already taken ?  That sounds like a made up name, and in Rosewood it generally means he's working for A/A.D./UberA/EmojiA/Whatever.

15 hours ago, SadieT said:

Anyway....I kind of want to know what was in Aria’s “welcome home from the mental institution” casserole. 

Sara’s still mad at the liars because she electrocuted herself and burnt her hands while trying to murder them all, right? 

Heaping doses of bitter tears and buyer's remorse, and pasta noodles.

How come Shower doesn't seem to take any personal responsibility for her own stupidity that lead to her burning herself ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
ETA: Because 'stell' isn't a word
  • Love 5

Noel Kahn! Man, this show knew I was getting ready to quit. (Who am I kidding? I lasted this long. I'm with this to the bitter end.)

Listen, I get why Jason isn't there (the actor not being available or whatever) but his absence in this whole thing is glaring (to me at least.)

How long have they been back in town because I'm sure not that much time has passed since Ezra was drunkenly mourning Nicole and aren't they even writing this book about her? Don't answer that I don't really care.

Bitchy Alison is the best Ali.

Although romantic relationships have always been the worst part of this show, the one thing this show had above all others was that it never did the love triangle thing. Now it seems like every conversation Spencer and Hanna are going to have will involve Caleb which...no. Caleb kissed his ex girlfriend and he's the one that needs space? Of course he does! I wasn't a big fan of him in the past and I'm definitely not a fan of his now.

How many times is the show going to pull random hookup inevitably leads to meeting the guy in a very awkward and/or inappropriate way later move?

The actress playing Sara Harvey is terrible and now it looks like I have to sit through her acting just to enjoy Jenna and the very pretty Noel Kahn? Can we at least get Jason back too?

• Love 2
(edited)

Was also giggling at Marco Fury. We already have a cop who looks like that. The one who Ali was dating. I'm sure he made a post time-jump appearance. Bring back him instead of this new character.  The dynamics between him and Ali could have been interesting.

The plot was all rubbish and nonsense. I sort of like the effort they put into that creepy room and the Emily/Aria scenes. Sitting on the bed was kinda gross.  I think I'm starting to love Officer Toby scenes - hilarious!

I can't believe Emaria? Arily? just dismissed a call from Nicole's phone.  At minimum, you'd think her parents might want to find out her fate in 'South America'. It might suck not knowing what happened to her. A call is significant, even if it's from a thief. A little compassion girls.  They are such pretty (dim) little liars.  I feel sorry for the waitress with Emily being so hot and cold (in pleather).

Ezzzzzzzzria sigh! Ali's disgust at the timing was gold.

The candles were creepy I thought. Aria looked like she was gonna puke. Maybe I'm projecting (projectiling).

Is Noelkahn one name?

Edited by insubordination

After finding out that Caleb did pack all of his stuff up and bail, I realize that I don't want him with Hanna anymore and Spencer is welcome to him.  Seriously, what kind of grown man acts like this?  First he was angry that Hanna wouldn't just leave her job and go with him that night to go to Europe, so he packed up and left and now Spencer doesn't talk to him when he wants her to and he packs up and leaves again.  

Now Spencer's all worried about him and trying to chase him down and I'm disgusted by the whole drama.  Why would she want to be with someone this immature and emotionally manipulative?  And the speech Toby gave to Spencer that "Caleb needs some time" made me laugh--like he's somehow the wronged party was stunning.

I did like that Spencer attempted to be a friend by asking what Hanna was working on and then she had another great friendship moment when Hanna left the room to be sick--these girls do care for each other, they just have to let the Caleb crap go and focus on their friendships and ending the A crap.

Sara Harvey is just obnoxious--she hates the girls why again?  Because she got injured through her own stupidity and culpability to a crime?  And now Jenna's joined forces with her and Noel Kahn--are we supposed to be worried?

I hope Aria says no to Ezra--watching this manchild trying not to cry would make my day :):)

• Love 2

NOEL KAHHHHHHHHHHHHN! I totally want a Noel/Mona/Jenna team up. Make it happen, show. Their first activity can be getting Shower Harvey the hell out of Rosewood.

I love that Mona was creeping around after Wrollins because she loves Hanna. Heh, I also love that Mona is helping the PLLs but Aria still can't bring herself to be civil to Mona.

OF COURSE the guy that Spencer almost boned in the elevator is not only a cop but he's also Toby's new boss. Marco Fury totally sounds like a porn name.

Aria is so much better (aka not totally useless) whenever Ezra goes Out of Town like all the other adults. As annoying as it was for her to run straight to Ezra's place just because he texted her, that was almost worth the gag-worthy proposal just to see the disgusted look on Ali's face. Join the club, girl. Is it wrong that when she started wandering through the Brew and no one was there, I was hoping that she would find Ezra's dead body? I know it would be too much like Giles finding Jenny's body on Buffy but I could live with that if it meant no more Ezria.

On the flip side, I totally cracked up when Alison said that with all the lies she's told, you'd think she would have seen Elliott coming a mile away. The looks on Emily's and Aria's faces was hilarious.

Last week, I was so glad that Spencer whipped out some wipes to have Emily get her fingerprints off Elliott's (non-burner) phone. This week I was totally annoyed that Emily and Aria just waltzed into Elliott's other apartment and just touched everything. Seriously, you guys? Why are your cars and purses not fully stocked with gloves? Considering that they break into other people's place, crime scenes, cars, etc. all the time you'd think that they would be at least minimally prepared to snoop without leaving fingerprints.

11 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I almost died laughing when Ezra said it didn’t feel right keeping something from Aria.  It bothered him that much that he went to see Nicole’s parents without telling her first but he had no problem stalking her and writing a book about her for years. Classic.

Hahaha, I KNOW! When he said that I was like wait, have you conveniently forgotten that you deliberately started dating an underage high school girl for the purpose of writing a tawdry book about her missing friend and then stalked said underage high school girlfriend and her friends? CHICKPEAS.

9 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

During this episode, my mind wandered and I realized that the three kids who were the DiLaurentis siblings are actually a half brother, a half sister, and a cousin. Of them, Ali is the only one whose parents were actually Jessica and Kenneth.

7 hours ago, Astapasta said:

And how dumb was Emily's "of course she's dead, they had a funeral for her". Emily, you guys alone have gone to 1000 funerals for dead people who came back from the dead. Wtf are you talking about?

When Emily said that, I just shook my head. HELLO, let's remember that you went to a funeral for Ali yet you are now covering up her husband's murder so you might want to keep in mind that when a person disappears but the body isn't found, a funeral doesn't prove that they're actually dead.

• Love 4

The return of Noel Khan made sitting through this worth it.  I must say, Brant Daughtery looks even hotter with his millennial-scruffy look.  I'm not sure why he's meeting up with Jenna and Shower though.  Maybe they're forming a "We Blame the PLLs even though our maiming was caused by other parties or ourselves" support group and Noel is there for moral support.

There was a fan theory back in season 4/5 that explained why Noel was helping Ali with her shenanigans:  Ali said "Noel has secrets too".  The theory was that he was closeted, Ali knew and was blackmailing him into helping (driving the girls to NYC, getting the fake passport that CeCe used, faking the attack on Ali in Hanna's kitchen, etc.)  I hope they confirm that with some throwaway dialog, like Noel mentioning a boyfriend back in Philly.

Emily and Aria are so stupid for not at least wearing gloves.  Wasn't Aria the one who, just last episode, got all the protective gear for her and Hanna when they were going to torch Lucas's car?  It's not just the bad writing that bugs me; it's the inconsistent writing.  One day they act intelligently, the next day they're back to being as dumb as a box of hair (with glass in it).

5 hours ago, RachelKM said:

This actually sparked a thought/concern that the man they buried will turn out to be NotArcher (Narcher if you will) in an Warcher mask.  It would explain the bit about Wacher apparently not actually taking Ali to be harmed, but rather taking her to be save (look at that, I remembered another thing - though I wasn't paying attention to how they deduced that).  The theory is that someone donned a Warcher mask to break Ali out and the girls accidentally killed Narcher and buried him.

They concluded that Warcher was trying to rescue Ali because he had sent a text on his burner phone to someone unknown that said "Alison didn't kill Charlotte".  They jumped to that conclusion without a lot of support and with evidence to the contrary - If Warcher was trying to rescue her, why was he driving her to a lake in the middle of the night?  It's more likely that he was cleaning up loose ends and faking her suicide so he could abscond with her money more easily.

• Love 2
(edited)

How in the world can this show have so many inconceivable and unbelievable things happen to these girls yet they make so many rookie mistakes.  If you're going to do something you shouldn't, in a place where you shouldn't be and where people can't know you've been, you DON'T touch anything without gloves on!

The end was puke worthy. I hope she says no. Even if she does, she'll probably have some sort of commitment to him by the time the series ends.

Had to laugh at Emily talking about Nicole's death as if her funeral was ultimate proof. Shouldn't Emily know better with the amount of 'risen from the dead' moments that she and her friends have witnessed? lol. I can only assume that Nicole was normal and removed from the craziness of their tortured lives and in the normal world, a funeral with a body is usually great evidence that someone died.

Seeing Spencer and Hannah discussing where Caleb could be had me really annoyed with Caleb. When it gets  tough, he bails? HE is the one that hurt Spencer. That night before he left, Spencer told him she needed time. She didn't cuss him out or call him names. She was hurting and asked for space. Everything she said indicated someone who wanted to forgive and wanted time before she had a real discussion with him about what his actions meant to their relationship. Why hide from her so that she can't find you when she's ready to actually talk?

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 4

Ugh, I hate how unforgiving these forums are with quote boxes since the update.

Ali just straight up gagging at the sheer Ezria of it all was EVERYTHING.

Anyone else kinda shipping Shower and Jenna just a little? No? K.

I just want to point out, for the record, that my "S7 Caleb is post-op transgender Shower in a Caleb mask" theory is totally still in effect. Hiding in plain sight, indeed. 

I have no idea what any of the sentences of the talking during the "he stole my Carrissimi cash so now I will trash this room" scene were trying to be. What an awful scene. Mary Drake was great though - "He double crossed me!" Damn, girl, keep it real. 

Wasn't Nicole's body never found? Meh. Either way she's undead, so it's whatever. Stop dragging this out, show. 

Why did they need to cast a porn star in the role of Lorenzo? Is it because of that Instagram kerfuffle last year?

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Spencer was looking for Caleb and asked both Hanna and Toby for assistance which makes sense on the one hand and felt odd on the other.

I was a little surprised Caleb actually told Toby he was leaving. I guess it was a bro-code thing but ya gotta wonder how Caleb spun his version of events seeing as how Toby didn't seem pissed at Caleb. If anything, he seemed understanding. Me thinks Caleb twisted things to make himself look like a victim. Me also thinks Caleb didn't add before plowing out of town, "And hey man, don't look at Spencer in any sexy dresses while I'm gone either."

3 hours ago, insubordination said:

I can't believe Emaria? Arily? just dismissed a call from Nicole's phone.  At minimum, you'd think her parents might want to find out her fate in 'South America'. It might suck not knowing what happened to her. A call is significant, even if it's from a thief. A little compassion girls.  They are such pretty (dim) little liars.  I feel sorry for the waitress with Emily being so hot and cold (in pleather).

THIS!  Bugged me to no end. How self centered, rude, and inconsiderate. As teens I gave them some leeway but as college graduate adults I have nothing but disgust when they pull stuff like this.  And I also felt bad for Emily's girl. It's clear the Liars are still not mature enough to be in adult relationships. They just keep digging themselves deeper (literally) further into this A mess when it's past time to let the police and lawyers handle it and go on with your life.

Speaking of things that bugged me in this episode...Allie's cat sweatshirt. My god, what was that!? So unflattering, immature, and utterly distracting. If only her students could see her. "Look, it's crazy cat lady, Mrs. Rowlins!"

And Allie's over 18; why couldn't any other competent adult (aside from her crazy aunt) simply stay with her for a set time upon her release to make sure she's okay??? Oh wait, there are NO competent adults in Rosewood.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lii said:

Ugh, I hate how unforgiving these forums are with quote boxes since the update.

If the problem is text being entered right to left after editing inside a quote box, then I've found that I can enter a little backwards text, move the cursor to the right end of the text, and manually Backspace it away. After that text will enter left to right again.