Type keyword(s) to search

Artistic Gymnastics: Stick the Landing!

Taking a moment to complain about the live feed.  I'm having trouble getting the apparatus feeds to load so I'm stuck with the general one.  They aren't showing as many of the gymnasts as they did earlier.  They haven't shown hardly any Laurie so far, they skipped Aly's vault, and have only shown a couple Dutch women and the one New Zealand gymnast.  It's only slightly better than primetime and I want more!

ETA: and then they randomly cut to table tennis which I DID NOT WANT

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Damn Simone! Killed that second vault!

She's now qualified first on both vault and floor. There's no one else coming up that will be able to match those scores. She beats Raismaon's floor score by over 0.5.

Am I right that so far Laurie has gotten higher scores than Gabby? Could that affect the lineup for finals when it's three up three count? It definitely looks like Simone and Aly will be in the AA and possibly most of the event finals as well.

NBC can suck it, they should have known the audience numbers would be tremendously higher for women's gymnastics and been prepared for it. My feed keeps freezing and it started randomly having announcers for the floor routines cut in while the US women were competing on vault.

• Love 3

Unless Simone has some type of catastrophe on one of the other apparatus' she's a shoe in for AA. Aly is ahead of Gabby right now for AA, but there are still the bars and the dreaded beam. So...we'll see.

6 minutes ago, fireice13 said:

Am I right that so far Laurie has gotten higher scores than Gabby? Could that affect the lineup for finals when it's three up three count? It definitely looks like Simone and Aly will be in the AA and possibly most of the event finals as well.

I think it will. Gabby was never going to go up on Floor finals.

6 minutes ago, fireice13 said:

I think it will. Gabby was never going to go up on Floor finals.

Just now, emma675 said:

NBC can suck it, they should have known the audience numbers would be tremendously higher for women's gymnastics and been prepared for it. My feed keeps freezing and it started randomly having announcers for the floor routines cut in while the US women were competing on vault.

In addition to that, their site is just over stuffed with all sorts of links, graphics and irritating pop-ups. It takes twice as long as it should to navigate the site. None of their links are intuitive.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

If you have it as an option, I'm watching on Apple TV through the NBC Sports app and there are no problems there.

Ironically, Apple TV keeps kicking me out to the main menu, but I can watch perfectly on the NBC Sports app. This would all be so much easier if NBC would just show this on one of the 12 channels broadcasting the events. People who like gymnastics would watch again in prime time anyway.

• Love 2

I know that bars is Simone's weakest event but I love that she's still really good at it.  Other than the form breaks she's top notch.  It's just that she's SO DAMN GOOD on floor, vault and beam so it seems like a bad event in comparison.

• Love 3

I just gave up and switched to the NBC app on my phone--the bars video completely disappeared from the NBC site on my laptop. Aly looked great and I thought Simone did well but she didn't look thrilled after she walked away. I'm interested to see Madison, finally.

And, boom, there's the Gabby Douglas I remember!

Edited by emma675d
2 minutes ago, Enero said:

3 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

15.766 on bars for Gabby.

3 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Gabby's score was 15.766

Thank you all!  :)

Holy bejeezus these ladies.  Madison and Gabby were awesome on bars.  Can't wait for finals for both teams.

Im pushing for Aly over Gabby in AA but I'm perfectly happy for either.  I know next to nothing about Laurie but she's doing great.   Hope we see her in Tokyo.