Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Chapter One: The Vanishing Of Will Byers

• Start Topic

On 11/7/2017 at 1:12 AM, CeeBeeGee said:

Re douchebag: I graduated HS in '85. In 8th or 9th grade I remember having a lengthy (and humorous) "passed note in study hall" discussion with my friend about who was a douchebag, who was a used douchebag, who was so defective (and therefore never even used) douchebag...yes, the term was around then ;) At that time I was living in New Hampshire, if that helps.

Yep, it absolutely existed as an insult. And I know this because I was born in 1980 and when I was 2 or 3, my mom made the questionable parenting decision to teach me to call the mean kid in daycare who kept pushing me off the rocking horse a douche bag. She started with "creep" but since I couldn't say my Rs she decided that the next appropriate insult to teach her toddler was douche bag. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Started a rewatch tonight and damn. I had forgotten how very, very good this show was even from the get-go. Even when I basically knew what was coming I was still tense.

Also (major spoilers for Season 4) -

Spoiler

when Will first sees the creature as he's riding his bike down the road, it looks more like Vecna than the demogorgon. I rewound it about 15 times to see if I could make it out better but it was too shadowy. Anyone else notice this during a rewatch?

• Love 2