Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: I Do, I Do

I suspected from the start that the guy (who I thought was the CEO, but maybe I got that wrong) was behind it.  It become obvious when he made that comment to the 'reporters' about the woman having gone through 4 assistants in 18 months.  Why would he say something like that to a reporter??

• Love 1
On 17/07/2016 at 7:22 PM, Canada said:

I suspected from the start that the guy (who I thought was the CEO, but maybe I got that wrong) was behind it.  It become obvious when he made that comment to the 'reporters' about the woman having gone through 4 assistants in 18 months.  Why would he say something like that to a reporter??

Yeah that was odd but I wrote it off at the time to the writing not always being great at working exposition info into casual conversation. See also, Jules is blind.

Interesting to meet Shade's ex though surprised that minus the looks-based job she was not much of a trophy wife. Though maybe the idea was that she used to be a trophy wife but had grown up. And grew up before Matt did, as is often the case.

Misdemeanour battery: not an actual Canadian charge, we don't say misdemeanour and felony at least. Rather summary or indictable. Saying husband two had a peace bond for assault or uttering threats would have worked. We have constables not detectives, also! Why so many loving shots of TTC streetcars if afterwards you're just going to quote Law and Order.

Love Ennis Esmer but this episode sure showcased the downsides of having all the characters of colour ghettoised in police station scenes only. Not a single scene for either of the "detectives".

Enjoying this show despite lack of research, will try to remember to stop by and comment. If my internet doesn't keep f'ing up when I try to watch, as it did this week.