Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

Does anyone know what Dayton is up to now? I really rooted for her to make the team in the previous seasons, & I know after last season, she said she wouldn’t be auditioning again. Last I saw, she was performing on a cruise ship. Anything new going on with her?

18 minutes ago, abigator said:

Does anyone know what Dayton is up to now? I really rooted for her to make the team in the previous seasons, & I know after last season, she said she wouldn’t be auditioning again. Last I saw, she was performing on a cruise ship. Anything new going on with her?

I think she's just enjoying life and has posted taking dance classes.

• Love 2

Does anyone know if the poms sold in the Dallas Cowboys store are the same ones used by the Cheerleaders?  I know the boots are but I'm not about to shell out over $500 for boots just yet (though I'm thinking about getting myself some for a future Christmas or birthday).

20 hours ago, TXElle said:

I got cut first round! The choreo was fast but it was a pretty short combo - honestly I just let my nerves get the best of me when I saw the judges’ panel and messed up. But it was great practice so I can be better prepared in the future! 

Good for you to have the guts to audition !! Any experience is good experience 🤗

• Love 5
10 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm sorry you got cut first round, but it's cool that you had the guts to go for it.  You learned several things (that nerves affect you and the choreography is ALWAYS faster than expected, both in learning it and performing it though there might be more).  Now you know what to work on for the future.  Good luck should you choose to audition in the future.

Thank you, and yes exactly it was a great learning experience! I knew I wasn’t truly ready this year but I thought I should go try it out so I would have a better idea of what to expect and make a plan for next year.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, TXElle said:

Thank you, and yes exactly it was a great learning experience! I knew I wasn’t truly ready this year but I thought I should go try it out so I would have a better idea of what to expect and make a plan for next year.

Well keep us updated 🙂 It will be so cool to follow your journey!! 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, go4luca said:

I think she's just enjoying life and has posted taking dance classes.

I'm watching season 13 and I think I forgot how much Dayton looks like her mom. Dayton is beautiful and she really looked perfect in that DCC uniform. I'm happy to see that she is still dancing and seems to be happy. 

• Love 8

I just accidentally hit the "paste" command on the keyboard while editing another post on here and was presented with the "like/love/neutral" post the board ate earlier so here it is:

Love: Bridget

Like: too many to mention

Neutral: Maddie

Not a Fan: Can't find anyone I don't like "something" about

Recent retirees missing the most: Lacey, Kash

TCCs I'm hoping make the team: Victoria

accidental duplicate post.  Is this board possessed tonight????

• Love 3

The cheerleader poms in the cowboys store are not like the ones the cheerleaders use. They are small....short...not ‘fluffy’ and are definitely for kids.( they don’t cover an adult hand) I bought them.......also instead of the boots🙄😁 

( mine were 12.99 each when I bought them)

they are very pretty but disappointing, even though I figured they wouldn’t be like what the cheerleaders use, I thought they might be somewhat close.  I actually ended up returning them. A sad day for my inner DCC.....😂😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Um. What. The. Eff. Are those things on her legs? 

I thought you said what the ELF and I totally snickered. Because you wouldn’t be wrong 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 6

I’m not which topic I’m supposed to post this link on, so if this is the wrong place, please point me to the topic I’m allowed to share this ⬇️

Also, I’m not sure if this has already been posted bc when I’ve searched to see if it has already been posted, I cannot find it. 

While I was digging around for pics of Jenn K’s weight gain I stumbled upon this video of the unedited 1996 finals: https://www.texasarchive.org/library/index.php/2013_04792

What I found most interesting was that a lot of these women were much heavier than the ladies who try out nowadays. 

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I have no idea; maybe leg warmers? They started wearing them when they changed the uniform from pants to shorts/skirts in the 2013-14season.

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, DCCFan79 said:

The cheerleader poms in the cowboys store are not like the ones the cheerleaders use. They are small....short...not ‘fluffy’ and are definitely for kids.( they don’t cover an adult hand) I bought them.......also instead of the boots🙄😁 

( mine were 12.99 each when I bought them)

they are very pretty but disappointing, even though I figured they wouldn’t be like what the cheerleaders use, I thought they might be somewhat close.  I actually ended up returning them. A sad day for my inner DCC.....😂😂

Check out the poms on Omni Cheer! They carry the Chasse brand. You can get the silver Training Camp poms and they also have two-color versions that are very close to the cheerleader poms (which I expect are custom).

3 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Ugh I don't know how I'm gonna properly keep up with this season since I can't be here when the episode originally airs (prior commitment).  All these posts are running together.... 

😥

Same here... from Europe so can only find the episodes after a few days. This is getting very confusing with 3 threads all mentioning episode details

This week started UIL High School Volleyball. The week reminds me of DCC camp. My daughter had three long days of team volleyball camp. Tears and heartache due to fears of being cut. Followed by two full days of try outs. At least they were told quickly if they made a team.  Wish the DCC would do the same for their candidates.

On 8/2/2019 at 1:05 PM, LincolnCentMe said:

I’m not which topic I’m supposed to post this link on, so if this is the wrong place, please point me to the topic I’m allowed to share this ⬇️

Also, I’m not sure if this has already been posted bc when I’ve searched to see if it has already been posted, I cannot find it. 

While I was digging around for pics of Jenn K’s weight gain I stumbled upon this video of the unedited 1996 finals: https://www.texasarchive.org/library/index.php/2013_04792

What I found most interesting was that a lot of these women were much heavier than the ladies who try out nowadays. 

Kelli herself would’ve been too big, Judy maybe too soft bc hard toned wasn’t the dancers goal then and don’t even need to address Kitty.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

Oh boy...Amy's flub in Fat Bottomed Girls has nothing on the Eagles cheerleaders!

Christ on a bike, this is BAD! They're out of time with each other, all giving different amounts of energy, some look like they'd rather be anywhere else, clearly they don't have any weight restrictions on their squad as many look out of shape. That's before the two stars at the front mess up! We thought the DCC choreo was flat sometimes but this was a total snoozefest.

52 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

That's before the two stars at the front mess up!

Did you see the HUGE flub at about 3:36 where the blonde in front doesn't realize she should have turned around & quickly does after she glances over at the others?  

If they want the publicity of having a 52 year old CPA on the squad I swear I will audition next year!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I saw the following Gatorade commercial and thought immediately of the whole Victoria situation (except the part at the end as I don't think she'll make anyone on the squad love or respect her unless she changes a LOT and grows up).

• Love 1

Can I just say how much I appreciate this board over the DCC Facebook page? I've given up on reading that page. The comments from some of the male fans are just awful! I don't see how TPTB can stand to let some of that stuff slide! *shudder*

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

Can I just say how much I appreciate this board over the DCC Facebook page? I've given up on reading that page. The comments from some of the male fans are just awful! I don't see how TPTB can stand to let some of that stuff slide! *shudder*

You must be on the page with no active moderator.  The other one is over-moderated, which is nice in some ways, especially when it comes to those comments you mention.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Was just cruising around the internet looking for Thunderstruck videos and found one on Facebook.  Took this screen shot (not sure what the timestamp is).  Is it me or is there a huge @$$ hole in the formation where I've drawn the square??

Untitled.png

It's probably this type of formation and the photographer is looking from this angle.

2019-08-04 (24).png

• Useful 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

It's probably this type of formation and the photographer is looking from this angle.

2019-08-04 (24).png

Thanks for your drawing :-).  Yeah probably ....it looks really bad though!  Did you watch the video I linked to? I might need to clean my glasses again lol.  Goodnight!

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added something.
23 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Thanks for your drawing :-).  Yeah probably ....it looks really bad though!  Did you watch the video I linked to?

Yes, it looks fine to me...it's just the angle.  If you looked at it from a higher point of view, you'd be able to see a pattern like I posted.

ETA: here it is with 36... when he pans to the left, you see 2 people that look like they are misplaced, but they are in formation,

2019-08-04 (27).png

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 1
On 8/2/2019 at 9:57 AM, KnyghtRyder said:

They're supposed to look like the green socks the guys wear at home games. I don't like them at all (and WTF at "Kennedye"...poor girl).

sstt.JPG

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Loodicrus said:

why spoilers in the NON-SHOW thread ?

Hi. If you saw where I posted this, I was referring to the Stars auditions where someone above mentioned a vet being cut, named Kennedye. I understand there are no spoilers, as I was not referring to DCC.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Dccfan73 said:

Hi. If you saw where I posted this, I was referring to the Stars auditions where someone above mentioned a vet being cut, named Kennedye. I understand there are no spoilers, as I was not referring to DCC.

oh cool - as soon as I saw this, I stopped reading 🙂 Didn't want my experience of the new series spoilt 🙂 

Thanks for pointing out my error 😎💃

• Love 1
3 hours ago, kylieanne said:

I have been watching past season but not all of them. I am curious does anyone know if Kelli's daughter Samantha has ever tried out or will? Just seeing some new legacies has me wondering.

Others more knowledgeable than I have said she isn't interested right now.  

5 hours ago, kylieanne said:

I have been watching past season but not all of them. I am curious does anyone know if Kelli's daughter Samantha has ever tried out or will? Just seeing some new legacies has me wondering.

2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Others more knowledgeable than I have said she isn't interested right now.  

She's interning with CMT

• Love 2