Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Do they still wear those chunky silver platform boots?

No they changed them! Can’t tell if the boots are still silver or white now bc there are photos in both but they held a little party to celebrate getting rid of the chunky ones

• LOL 1

That’s aggressively sexy 😂😂 I have a hot stick bedazzler that I bought for $15 on amazon and could sparkle the hell out of that vest. Bless whoever can make those “shorts” work tho. White panties aren’t forgiving. Lmao. 

Edited by kalibean
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/21/2020 at 4:39 AM, Cowboysfan16 said:

If anyone was looking to be a DCC for Halloween this year, look no further! 😂

honestly tempted for the boots and the blouse!!! i really want to make my own costume for this year but boots are almost impossible to find and the blouse isn’t easy either (and i don’t think my sewing ability is quite there lol)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mvdb said:

honestly tempted for the boots and the blouse!!! i really want to make my own costume for this year but boots are almost impossible to find and the blouse isn’t easy either (and i don’t think my sewing ability is quite there lol)

Just make sure they're not boot covers.  A few years ago my daughter got a much more authentic costume than this and the boots basically  lightweight rain boots without soles.   

3 hours ago, Hildegard802 said:

Just make sure they're not boot covers.  A few years ago my daughter got a much more authentic costume than this and the boots basically  lightweight rain boots without soles.   

Perhaps get a pair of used boots from a thrift store and some 'nurse-mate' shoe polish (if they still make it!) and paint them white...and the heel black

• Love 1
On 9/2/2020 at 11:54 AM, Opine said:

It is a breathe of fresh air to sometimes go in and ignore another poster.  This time every year, we tend to get "plants" that are just annoying and divisive.  I am not here to fight; I am here for fun, info and entertainment! 

If you are new and don't know how to ignore, hover over a poster's name and select "ignore user".  It makes reading so much more pleasurable.

OMG I just came in here to see if I could vent about someone LOL or ask about ignoring. 

Also, I don't get why the FB groups think we're horrible over here. I think everyone for the most part is respectful in their opinions.

(you guys don't know me at all but I'm a major lurker and therefore feel like I know everyone - one of the downfalls of being a lurker!)

• Love 3
On 9/20/2020 at 1:39 PM, Cowboysfan16 said:

If anyone was looking to be a DCC for Halloween this year, look no further! 😂

The model looks like Kim Kardashian and the shorts look like a girdle.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:36 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Putting this here as I'm not sure where else it might belong.  Looks like Jalyn is no longer on Kelli's shit list if she's teaching a class:

Not at all fat shaming believe me i'd love to be DCC "fat" but is that Rachel behind Jalyn? I'm surprised Kelli allowed her on the field with that 'thut' and I LOATHE that term just feeling like some girls get rotten treatment for these things & others are simply overlooked... 

8 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Not at all fat shaming believe me i'd love to be DCC "fat" but is that Rachel behind Jalyn? I'm surprised Kelli allowed her on the field with that 'thut' and I LOATHE that term just feeling like some girls get rotten treatment for these things & others are simply overlooked... 

She IS between super thin Jaylyn & Amy, though.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, hypeman said:

https://www.allure.com/story/nfl-black-cheerleaders-hair-discrimination

Interesting article featuring Jacie.

What the article says about the judging panel, ownership, and the black girls competing with each other for the "diversity" spots, are all spot on.

That is a great article. Strange that it's been written by a white woman though!

As soon as I saw the name Alex as a current cheerleader using a different name, I immediately thought it could be Ashlee. I know it doesn't specify a team but it was just my thinking! 

This might have burned some bridges for Jacie though, doubt she'll be invited back for alumini workshops or show group auditions now! However, she put across her opinions eloquently and as subtley as possible. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Not sure where to put this so hope this is the right place.  I don't wish an injury like this on anyone. 

Can't imagine how painful this felt on so many levels.

Just in it’s a compound fracture and a dislocation of right ankle 

52 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Not sure where to put this so hope this is the right place.  I don't wish an injury like this on anyone. 

Can't imagine how painful this felt on so many levels.

47 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Just in it’s a compound fracture and a dislocation of right ankle 

Was just coming here to ask about this.  Was the game televised? I never could find it.

On 9/25/2020 at 4:41 AM, Beckabby said:

OMG I just came in here to see if I could vent about someone LOL or ask about ignoring. 

Also, I don't get why the FB groups think we're horrible over here. I think everyone for the most part is respectful in their opinions.

(you guys don't know me at all but I'm a major lurker and therefore feel like I know everyone - one of the downfalls of being a lurker!)

omg story of my life 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Really random question, but I remember that, at one point, it was mentioned that the girls are required to get the Victoria's Secret Bombshell bra (in DCC blue of course).  I was wondering if that was still true and, if so, are they special ordered (likely) or can the girls walk into the store and just buy them?

On 9/24/2020 at 1:41 PM, Beckabby said:

I think they're jealous because some posters here have inside info and they don't.  If you don't like a particular girl (ex: Julia or Victoria) they jump all over you or kick you out. JMHO.

• Love 2
On 9/24/2020 at 11:41 AM, Beckabby said:

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I think they're jealous because some posters here have inside info and they don't.  If you don't like a particular girl (ex: Julia or Victoria) they jump all over you or kick you out. JMHO.

I think if you watch the show as it happens and read these forums, you will pick up a lot more background info and gain a different perspective on some of the girls or situations.  If you repeat it on FB, some are like "well that makes sense...thank you."  And some get mad and ask "how do you know that?!" 

I also think that if you have watched since the 2 hour special or the earlier seasons, and participated on the CMT boards, TWOP, PreviouslyTV and now, Primetimer, then you will have also gained knowledge and perspective about different things.  Again, some respect that and some get a bit rude about it.

• Love 5

Thanks to y’all that have the patience for the FB groups and bring back any interesting and relevant info here. Maybe it’s just the OG Mighty Big TV in me, but I can’t function in chaotic forums and am VERY thankful for the ignore option too. 

Lackluster day in football for me, as Seahawks have a bye and both the Cowboys and Chiefs play tomorrow. I needed to pick up a QB for fantasy since Seahawks have a bye, and I waffled between Minchew and Dalton for way too long. I felt so guilty as a TCU grad! Hoping he does well, and I wonder his mind set in picking Dallas. Dak has never missed a game, so is he psyched for playing time? Bummed his partial retirement is over? Backup QBs can be such a great mentor ship position, ie Smith/Mahomes, tho I don’t think Dak really needed that. 

Edited by kalibean
12 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think if you watch the show as it happens and read these forums, you will pick up a lot more background info and gain a different perspective on some of the girls or situations.  If you repeat it on FB, some are like "well that makes sense...thank you."  And some get mad and ask "how do you know that?!" 

I also think that if you have watched since the 2 hour special or the earlier seasons, and participated on the CMT boards, TWOP, PreviouslyTV and now, Primetimer, then you will have also gained knowledge and perspective about different things.  Again, some respect that and some get a bit rude about it.

I feel like sometimes new posters come here under the impression that this forum is a DCC fan site, lavishing constant praise and adoration. And they get a bit of a shock when they realize it *really* isn’t. It’s a site to discuss the show CMT:MTT, which is either forgotten, ignored, or not entirely understood. Sometimes that discussion is praise. Sometimes it’s criticism.  

It’s been awhile since we’ve needed a reminder from the Mods regarding the forums Golden Rule: “say whatever you want about the show and the characters, not other posters.”  I had a difficult time with that at first, going all the way back to the Television Without Pity days: even though this is a reality show, these are still real people, who are trying to achieve real dreams. Not some characters on Big Brother or whatever iteration of Real Housewives is airing. But considering this site grew out of the TWOP forums - which were BRUTAL - I think mostly everyone here has understood and tried to follow that Golden Rule. It just takes time to get to used to it. 

• Love 11

I think it can still get pretty nasty and personal...but one of the major differences is that having DCC employees, former DCC and others insiders post as well helps keep the focus on the storyline/tv show versus downright nastiness about the cast, so to speak. Tho some days better than others for sure. And that’s when we can liberally employ the “ignore.”

Social media really helps tear down that fourth wall, too, so for those of us that have been around since MBTV/TWoP days, lots of change in how the forums flow as well as the rules (alas, no having to read at least a handful of pages before posting repetitive questions. 😬)  

Edited by kalibean
Grammar
  • Love 6

Well I have to tell someone what happened this weekend.  I'll preface it by saying, every night I take hubby's supper on a tray to his spot in front of the TV.  It's just something I've always done and it's much easier than having him in the kitchen.  (P.S. he washes the dishes.)

I went to a dog show Thursday morning.  Came home about dark Saturday.  He told me on the phone I could stop somewhere and bring supper home, so I did.  I got home and said "Do you want me to fix the plates and turn the TV off and us sit at the dining room table?"  I actually thought we'd talk about the dog show and our dogs that went and the big adventure of it.

He said "Why?  Do you have something to tell me?"

I told him to go sit down and I'd bring him his tray.

• LOL 8

Hahaha I relate to this so hard! I had been dating the sweetest guy for a couple years, and he’d be like hey what do you want to watch during dinner? Me: NOTHING. You’re gonna look at me and talk to me 😂

He’s just someone that always wants background noise, plus a shotgun style house that has no dining area. He took the tv part of using TV trays quite literally. 

well friends. covid has officially taken my senior cheer season and school year from me. 

got word today from my coach that the conference decided to do a bubble with our basketball teams, and effectively, cheerleaders will not be allowed to be present, as well as no fans in the stands. they've cancelled spring football and all other spring and winter sports until 'further notice'.

i want to stay positive but it just feels like everything is just going completely downhill :/ not to mention the mess i'm going through in my senior paper class.

on the upside, my old man of a dog went to the vet and got a clean bill of health! <3

31 minutes ago, loveaux said:

well friends. covid has officially taken my senior cheer season and school year from me. 

got word today from my coach that the conference decided to do a bubble with our basketball teams, and effectively, cheerleaders will not be allowed to be present, as well as no fans in the stands. they've cancelled spring football and all other spring and winter sports until 'further notice'.

i want to stay positive but it just feels like everything is just going completely downhill 😕 not to mention the mess i'm going through in my senior paper class.

on the upside, my old man of a dog went to the vet and got a clean bill of health! ❤️

I am glad about your dog, but sad to hear about your senior year:(  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I am glad about your dog, but sad to hear about your senior year:(  

i kind of expected it and was trying to prepare myself, but it still stung a lot because a lot of the teams in my conference had been talking about getting together. i also really miss my teammates and my coaches and being on campus. it still stings and i've been pretty bummed out about it all day, but i'm trying to stay positive!

• Love 3

You know it's bad when something NFL related makes the "news" in Australia

https://www.news.com.au/sport/american-sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys-couple-becomes-sad-meme-after-cardinals-loss/news-story/9b00c3b9901f9dfaf2be0da62b5d3c45 

On 10/20/2020 at 2:34 PM, loveaux said:

i want to stay positive but it just feels like everything is just going completely downhill 😕 not to mention the mess i'm going through in my senior paper class.

on the upside, my old man of a dog went to the vet and got a clean bill of health! ❤️

So sorry to hear 😞 But very good news about your dog! 

Edited by onthebubble
edited to link the article!
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BulaKitty said:

I hadn't seen this, but I did just see that Australian Idol is coming back and now I don't know how to feel.

I feel the same! 🤣🤣 Although I did love me some Rob Mills back in the day 😂😂😂 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

I feel the same! 🤣🤣 Although I did love me some Rob Mills back in the day 😂😂😂 

Haha yeah I was a big fan of the show.. .Interesting to see how it goes having no teams battles etc. Kinda like the idea of a more simple format.

Didn't believe it when I first read the news (and am STILL hoping it isn't true), but evidently Sean Connery just passed away.  He was 90 years old.  He was James Bond, Professor Henry Jones, Ramirez (Highlander), and so many other memorable roles.

Pluto has some really interesting programs.   Every now and then I see what season pops up for the DCC channel after I go to bed at night and if I decide I don't want to waste my time on it I scroll around.  

If you want to go to sleep there's that train ride station.  And then there's the Joy of Painting show.   I remember him on PBS when there were just 3 TV channels.   Now I'm amazed at what he could do in 30 minutes.  And it relaxes me enough to drift off.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Pluto has some really interesting programs.   Every now and then I see what season pops up for the DCC channel after I go to bed at night and if I decide I don't want to waste my time on it I scroll around.  

If you want to go to sleep there's that train ride station.  And then there's the Joy of Painting show.   I remember him on PBS when there were just 3 TV channels.   Now I'm amazed at what he could do in 30 minutes.  And it relaxes me enough to drift off.  

Same! When I've had a very bad day and can't sleep I put on Bob Ross and never make it to the end of the episode 😅

• Love 1
6 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

What's the train ride station? I could definitely use a break from falling asleep to DCC 🙂

3 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

What's the train ride station? I could definitely use a break from falling asleep to DCC 🙂

Slow TV--channel 696.  It's very restful.

I looked up Bob Ross and his bio is amazing.  He was a master sergeant in the Army and said when he got out he would never raise his voice again and that was why he talked so softly.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Got them all but founding year! And they’re my number three team. I’ve clearly watched this show for too long. That said, the first question is already out of date. Gucci Danucci FTW! Or whatever the cowboys are doing right now. Sigh. 

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Got them all but founding year! And they’re my number three team. I’ve clearly watched this show for too long. That said, the first question is already out of date. Gucci Danucci FTW! Or whatever the cowboys are doing right now. Sigh. 

Ugh I can't even get every other question right

There is a show called My Feet Are Killing Me.  At times the feet are so bad it's hard to watch.   Right now it's only zoom meetings but hopefully they'll be back to showing the actual surgery and recovery episodes.

Last week it was a professional ballet dancer's feet.  Oh my gosh.  Her toes were so horribly affected and deformed by dancing.  She said the pain was now unbearable and it was obvious from the video.

The doc said he saw a lot of dancers since he lived close to Broadway.

3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

There is a show called My Feet Are Killing Me.  At times the feet are so bad it's hard to watch.   Right now it's only zoom meetings but hopefully they'll be back to showing the actual surgery and recovery episodes.

Last week it was a professional ballet dancer's feet.  Oh my gosh.  Her toes were so horribly affected and deformed by dancing.  She said the pain was now unbearable and it was obvious from the video.

The doc said he saw a lot of dancers since he lived close to Broadway.

As a former dancer (haven't taken regular classes for over 12 years now), my feet are still a mess from years of pointework. That's why I never wear sandals! They're not exactly broken but I still have scars from bruising and squishing into pointe shoes. Sorry for the TMI there!

I also have a fear of feet so no chance I'd be watching that show. I don't even like looking at my own!

• Love 1