Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, loveaux said:

hoping everyone’s having a good day today/had a good day!

i’m being positive in light of the entire fall semester being moved online and looking at the brighter side of being home with family and getting to spend my 5th year anniversary with my sugar bun finally. take it easy y’all ❤️

Right back at you girl!

I've been making an effort to spend less time on SM and reading news of Covid and politics.  It is so draining and not healthy.  Time for some self care.  Do an in home facial y'all.  It's relaxing and your skin will thank you for it!

Cheers and enjoy your weekends everyone!  🙌 😍

• Love 5
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Time for some self care.  Do an in home facial y'all.  It's relaxing and your skin will thank you for it!

Cheers and enjoy your weekends everyone!  🙌 😍

I went with coloring my hair for self care today. Top layer is rose gold, underneath is dark blue denim/purple that should fade gorgeously.

Hubby, son, and I are headed to the zoo tomorrow should be nice. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Lona said:

I can HEAR this photo omgsh! Thanks for the laugh @ByTor !

So, Tara. She’s ..... GREAT. 

Thank god for character development. I think Gina's main issue in her first year was that she seemed just so focused on making the team and standing out with her dance that she forgot that she also needs to learn how to be part of a team. That's the problem with those who come from studio dancing, rather than high school/college dance teams.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 7/31/2020 at 5:33 PM, CailynA said:

I went with coloring my hair for self care today. Top layer is rose gold, underneath is dark blue denim/purple that should fade gorgeously.

Hubby, son, and I are headed to the zoo tomorrow should be nice. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

oh that sounds like a fun hair color and fun excursion to the zoo!! 🙂

• Love 1

We've been having drinks as neighbours during lockdown, all stood around socially distanced in the courtyard between our houses once a week which is lovely as a lot of us live alone. One of them is from Plano (we live in Scotland) and keeps trying to explain the geography of the area and I just have to stand there a smile, not blurt out "I know a lot of this because I'm obsessed with DCC"

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

We've been having drinks as neighbours during lockdown, all stood around socially distanced in the courtyard between our houses once a week which is lovely as a lot of us live alone. One of them is from Plano (we live in Scotland) and keeps trying to explain the geography of the area and I just have to stand there a smile, not blurt out "I know a lot of this because I'm obsessed with DCC"

That's a great conversation topic...blurt it on out...they may be closet watchers too...

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

How is it that I can watch CMT live TV on the website if I'm no longer subscribing to CMT on my cable system????  I just went to CMT.com and told it to "watch live" and it's letting me!?

Because everyone and their mother are dropping their expensive AF cable subscriptions, and they need someone to watch the ads.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Instagram question:  Is there a way to read newest comments first on a post, rather than keep pressing the + button over and over?

Excellent question.  I think things like Instagram work better when using the app as opposed to a laptop.

• Useful 2

I think I'm getting a taste of what it's like to be a DCC privacy wise...I just got hired at a local Dollar General store and decided to go through and check all my privacy settings to make sure only "friends" could see what I post on Facebook.  Can you guys go to https://www.facebook.com/l.scobee1 and tell me what's visible in each section of my profile to the general public? Thanks!

PS - Also did I properly get rid of the option to send me a friend request? Thanks!

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
1 minute ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I think I'm getting a taste of what it's like to be a DCC privacy wise...I just got hired at a local Dollar General store and decided to go through and check all my privacy settings to make sure only "friends" could see what I post on Facebook.  Can you guys go to https://www.facebook.com/l.scobee1 and tell me what's visible in each section of my profile to the general public? Thanks!

Mine is all set to private The Whole thing can’t see anything unless we are friends on there 

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Mine is all set to private The Whole thing can’t see anything unless we are friends on there 

Sounds good.  I think we were friends on there at one point but we're not now.  Pls PM me your real name if you wanna be friends again.

Just wondering.  Is the Lucchese DCC cowboy boot available in the DCC store and the Lucchese website the same one as the ones the DCC wear on the field?  From what I'm seeing on the websites and what I remember from the field, the ones they wear on the field seem to have a more flexible sole and seem more like a dancer-type boot rather then one to wear around outside.  Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to point their toes or do anything else that resembles dancing, unless it's line dancing.  If it's simply an "inspired by" type of thing and NOT the actual boots they would wear on the field, then there is NO way I would consider spending $550 (from the Cowboys store) or $595 (from the Lucchese website) to buy them. 

Edited by EricaShadows
8 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

Putting this in Small Talk. I see that Ashlee got a calendar cover. Good for her! Savannah, Gina, Rachel W and Tess got the other ones.

IMG_20200823_184544.jpg

Love it!

.  Ashlee is on fire!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Just wondering.  Is the Lucchese DCC cowboy boot available in the DCC store and the Lucchese website the same one as the ones the DCC wear on the field?  From what I'm seeing on the websites and what I remember from the field, the ones they wear on the field seem to have a more flexible sole and seem more like a dancer-type boot rather then one to wear around outside.  Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to point their toes or do anything else that resembles dancing, unless it's line dancing.  If it's simply an "inspired by" type of thing and NOT the actual boots they would wear on the field, then there is NO way I would consider spending $550 (from the Cowboys store) or $595 (from the Lucchese website) to buy them. 

Cowboys or not that’s cheap for lucchese boots 😂

9 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Cowboys or not that’s cheap for lucchese boots 😂

I've seen some on the Lucchese website that were actually cheaper than this (as in under $500) but also some that were more expensive.  I guess Lucchese is a status symbol and the price is because the boots are handmade.  I certainly wouldn't buy a pair and then wear them out in the corral (and yes, I do and have worked with horses and other large, cranky animals).  Then again, I've never really followed fashion so I don't know what's so special about them.  I also don't really wear makeup so I would have to spend a LOT of time getting help from people who actually know what they're doing before I could be trusted to put on more than mascara and lip gloss.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I've seen some on the Lucchese website that were actually cheaper than this (as in under $500) but also some that were more expensive.  I guess Lucchese is a status symbol and the price is because the boots are handmade.  I certainly wouldn't buy a pair and then wear them out in the corral (and yes, I do and have worked with horses and other large, cranky animals).  Then again, I've never really followed fashion so I don't know what's so special about them.  I also don't really wear makeup so I would have to spend a LOT of time getting help from people who actually know what they're doing before I could be trusted to put on more than mascara and lip gloss.

I started working for a shoe company this year and for a real leather long boot i've so far seen $410 AUD being the most expensive but I wouldn't be surprised if some have been closer to the $500 mark in the past. I think with Luccese seeming to be a pretty famous brand and them being directly correlated with the DCC $550 - $595 isn't a hard stretch. Obviously if someone just wants them for a costume or something then not worth it. But if taken care of properly they would last years so for someone wanting them for consistent/regular use the investment could be worth it.

9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I’m with you on the make up! They are not “regular” boots, they are made from exotic leathers, goat, python, ostrich, Crocodile, etc. 

they last a lifetime and are high quality boots. By far the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned and worth every penny. 

I will not disclose how many I have 🤣. But I’m a Texan so when you’re a boot wearer you can spot someone wearing luccheses just from the hide on the vamp.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, BulaKitty said:

I started working for a shoe company this year and for a real leather long boot i've so far seen $410 AUD being the most expensive but I wouldn't be surprised if some have been closer to the $500 mark in the past. I think with Luccese seeming to be a pretty famous brand and them being directly correlated with the DCC $550 - $595 isn't a hard stretch. Obviously if someone just wants them for a costume or something then not worth it. But if taken care of properly they would last years so for someone wanting them for consistent/regular use the investment could be worth it.

Good footwear is ALWAYS a smart investment, especially if you're on your feet all day.  However, I get your point.  Price tends to scare me away from a LOT of things unless I need to replace something I already own and know I'd be wearing them constantly.  Sadly, I have several pairs of good boots (not cowboy) for work that haven't been worn because I'm currently work from home and am not going into the office.  Where I work, people would get weird looks for wearing cowboy boots since we're at a desk all day and not in a part of the country where that would be normal footwear unless on a working ranch or something similar.

1 hour ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I’m with you on the make up! They are not “regular” boots, they are made from exotic leathers, goat, python, ostrich, Crocodile, etc. 

they last a lifetime and are high quality boots. By far the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned and worth every penny. 

I will not disclose how many I have 🤣. But I’m a Texan so when you’re a boot wearer you can spot someone wearing luccheses just from the hide on the vamp.  

At least you won't get looked at funny for wearing cowboy boots where you're at.  In my little corner of the world, I would get weird looks as that's not normal footwear around here unless on a working ranch or something similar.  I guess Lucchese would be be considered "dress" boots as most people wouldn't wear them to work in unless it was a horse show or something similar.  Mucking out stalls or feeding animals in a muddy/mucky corral with everything ankle deep and more rain/sleet/wet coming down from above?  Not likely though please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

28 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Good footwear is ALWAYS a smart investment, especially if you're on your feet all day.  However, I get your point.  Price tends to scare me away from a LOT of things unless I need to replace something I already own and know I'd be wearing them constantly.  Sadly, I have several pairs of good boots (not cowboy) for work that haven't been worn because I'm currently work from home and am not going into the office.  Where I work, people would get weird looks for wearing cowboy boots since we're at a desk all day and not in a part of the country where that would be normal footwear unless on a working ranch or something similar.

At least you won't get looked at funny for wearing cowboy boots where you're at.  In my little corner of the world, I would get weird looks as that's not normal footwear around here unless on a working ranch or something similar.  I guess Lucchese would be be considered "dress" boots as most people wouldn't wear them to work in unless it was a horse show or something similar.  Mucking out stalls or feeding animals in a muddy/mucky corral with everything ankle deep and more rain/sleet/wet coming down from above?  Not likely though please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

So I just had a look at the lucchese website and the description specifically says "inspired by" so wouldn't say they're the actual ones. However being a dancer I can say that most dance shoes are not overly comfortable and don't provide a lot of support. So if these are being made for the general public they probably would need to be a slightly different make so they are comfortable to wear.

4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

It just depends on the person, my goats are my “work boots” but I wouldn’t wear the ostrich in the mud. But I do wear them anytime I have jeans on (even with a T-Shirt) anywhere I go. 

My dad will wear any pair anywhere and only wears boots when he’s out of the house. 

and yes! That is a perk of being in Texas, boots and hats are just normal wear even if you’re not on a ranch/farm. 

It is a breathe of fresh air to sometimes go in and ignore another poster.  This time every year, we tend to get "plants" that are just annoying and divisive.  I am not here to fight; I am here for fun, info and entertainment! 

If you are new and don't know how to ignore, hover over a poster's name and select "ignore user".  It makes reading so much more pleasurable.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Opine said:

It is a breathe of fresh air to sometimes go in and ignore another poster.  This time every year, we tend to get "plants" that are just annoying and divisive.  I am not here to fight; I am here for fun, info and entertainment! 

If you are new and don't know how to ignore, hover over a poster's name and select "ignore user".  It makes reading so much more pleasurable.

Wow, didn't know this was possible. Thank you very very much. 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, DaphJin said:

Wow, didn't know this was possible. Thank you very very much. 😁

The ignore feature is literally a sanity saver.  I use it often.  😉

Edited by go4luca
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

Believing that the Bible is the Word of God, and the Bible does state that homosexuality is not what God intended, does not necessarily make one homophobic. Homophobia is fear of and lack of acceptance of, discrimination toward gays . It's easy to assign labels to people without really knowing them or understanding their convictions. People were ready to put Chick-Fil-A out of business because the founder said that he believed that the Bible states marriage should be between a man and a woman. But that doesn't mean that one is intolerant of of abusive toward homosexuals. The chain doesn't refuse to serve anyone based on their beliefs, race, religion what have you.  I find it frustrating and hypocritical for folks to want to vilify Christians for their beliefs because they think they're intolerant, judging, etc. when those folks are doing the same thing toward Christians. In this country we are supposed to be allowed to think and say what we want. We should not be punished for our thoughts, only our actions. If you behave hatefully toward anyone for any reason, that behavior should be judged. The very folks that compare conservatives to Nazis are the ones who want to obliterate everyone that doesn't believe exactly as they do. I believe that God intended marriage to be between a man and a woman, but I did theatre for years and have many gay friends, several of whom are married. My beliefs don't keep me from wishing them well in their relationships, congratulating them on anniversaries and such and wanting them to be happy. And it does not ever cross my mind to confront them or suggest what they're doing is wrong in God's eyes. We don't get to decide what choices anyone else makes. Live and let live. Treat others as you would want to be treated. Agree to disagree sometimes without letting it affect a relationship. Human beings are the sum of all of their personalities, strengths, weaknesses, beliefs, talents, emotions,desires. Any one of those things does not define them. It's the whole package that does. If one finds they can't tolerate someone based on their beliefs, behaviors, whatever, so be it. You can't like everybody. But that doesn't mean one should label that person and seek to undermine their worth in the eyes of others. 

The family that owns Chick-Fil-A supported organizations that perform psychological torture (so-called "conversion therapy"), and lobby groups that were trying to prevent marriage equality. I don't care what philosophy they hold to justify these actions, but they're certainly not "living and let live." And no, being gay isn't a choice.

https://www.mic.com/articles/12219/all-the-anti-gay-companies-you-fund-when-you-spend-5-25-on-a-chick-fil-a-sandwich

• Love 8

I’ve been super curious recently, is there anyone on here who’s kinda younger and a dancer and would/has seriously considered trying out for DCC? It’s not something on the cards for me right now having just started uni on the other side of the world but I’ve honestly thought about trying out in a couple years time just to see what it’s like and how far I could get. Haven’t really heard anything ever about people from the forums trying out so thought I’d ask what you guys think 🙂 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mvdb said:

I’ve been super curious recently, is there anyone on here who’s kinda younger and a dancer and would/has seriously considered trying out for DCC? It’s not something on the cards for me right now having just started uni on the other side of the world but I’ve honestly thought about trying out in a couple years time just to see what it’s like and how far I could get. Haven’t really heard anything ever about people from the forums trying out so thought I’d ask what you guys think 🙂 

I'd love to know this too. Also on the other side of the world so not a likely possibility for me. Honestly it's a bit of a dream but whilst the kickline and jump split are still a thing, it ain't gonna happen as my flexibility is terrible.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/9/2020 at 9:20 AM, MaryWebGirl said:

The family that owns Chick-Fil-A supported organizations that perform psychological torture (so-called "conversion therapy"), and lobby groups that were trying to prevent marriage equality. I don't care what philosophy they hold to justify these actions, but they're certainly not "living and let live." And no, being gay isn't a choice.

https://www.mic.com/articles/12219/all-the-anti-gay-companies-you-fund-when-you-spend-5-25-on-a-chick-fil-a-sandwich

I don't understand the Chick-Fil-A love.  I went there one time back in 2011 and was wholly unimpressed with their products.  I wonder if the religious aspect of their business is the draw more than the food, because it's an easy drop for me in light of their support for entities that are unaccepting of our LGBTQ citizens.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
Deleted info
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mvdb said:

I had considered it a couple of years ago when a friend moved to Dallas. I looked into visas and everything but it bogged my mind too much! I’m probably too old now (28) and need to improve on my fitness/flexibility but if I’d have known about 5 years ago instead of a couple, I’d have thought about it more seriously.

I think the main problem with international candidates other than the visa is sports team experience. Angela, Jinelle and Yuko all danced for pro sports teams but in the U.K., where I live, there aren’t any! I did join one team but it wasn’t mostly full of 14-18 year olds (I was 25 at the time!) 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I had considered it a couple of years ago when a friend moved to Dallas. I looked into visas and everything but it bogged my mind too much! I’m probably too old now (28) and need to improve on my fitness/flexibility but if I’d have known about 5 years ago instead of a couple, I’d have thought about it more seriously.

I think the main problem with international candidates other than the visa is sports team experience. Angela, Jinelle and Yuko all danced for pro sports teams but in the U.K., where I live, there aren’t any! I did join one team but it wasn’t mostly full of 14-18 year olds (I was 25 at the time!) 

ahh that makes it hard!! (lack of pro teams). Never really thought about how big cheer is in the UK. I’m quite lucky really, I’m from Australia and planning to audition for the same team Angela came from for next year.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Mvdb said:

ahh that makes it hard!! (lack of pro teams). Never really thought about how big cheer is in the UK. I’m quite lucky really, I’m from Australia and planning to audition for the same team Angela came from for next year.

Manly? Their uniform is cute! I follw them on IG. Their coach obviously has good connections with DCC too. I'm a big rugby league fan but our UK teams aren't that great!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Manly? Their uniform is cute! I follw them on IG. Their coach obviously has good connections with DCC too. I'm a big rugby league fan but our UK teams aren't that great!

Yeah Manly! The coach is very clearly DCC obsessed (so many of their moves are knockoff DCC choreo but that’s okay bc it’s the closest i’ll probably ever get lol)

Are there any cheer teams for the rugby in the uk? I know soccer (football) is big there too but I never saw any cheer teams for them either

25 minutes ago, Mvdb said:

Yeah Manly! The coach is very clearly DCC obsessed (so many of their moves are knockoff DCC choreo but that’s okay bc it’s the closest i’ll probably ever get lol)

Are there any cheer teams for the rugby in the uk? I know soccer (football) is big there too but I never saw any cheer teams for them either

Good luck with Manly! If it doesn't work out you should look into if your uni has a cheer/dance club that competes through AASCF and/or does uni sports. I've competed whilst i've been at uni and still would be if it wasn't for covid. You can get more pom experience although most likely a different style to DCC.

• Love 2
On 9/11/2020 at 1:37 PM, TXElle said:

Anyone know if AAIA are holding auditions soon? They usually wait until after DCC training camp right? 

Curious to see how many of the other dance teams in Dallas come back this year considering COVID.

I haven't seen anything on social media about auditions for the AA Ice Angels, DS Ice Girls, or Texas Legends Dancers. The Dallas Sidekicks announced their dance team last month.

6 hours ago, BulaKitty said:

Good luck with Manly! If it doesn't work out you should look into if your uni has a cheer/dance club that competes through AASCF and/or does uni sports. I've competed whilst i've been at uni and still would be if it wasn't for covid. You can get more pom experience although most likely a different style to DCC.

My thoughts exactly! I joined my uni dance team this year, we still competed for AASCF states though (filmed for online comp yesterday)

10 hours ago, Mvdb said:

I never realised how similar the manly uniforms look to the DCC uniforms.  Is uniforms the right word? Having flashbacks to Tashas panel interview when she tells the story about how her daughter loves their costumes  🤣

• LOL 2
On 9/13/2020 at 5:38 PM, onthebubble said:

I never realised how similar the manly uniforms look to the DCC uniforms.  Is uniforms the right word? Having flashbacks to Tashas panel interview when she tells the story about how her daughter loves their costumes  🤣

Do they still wear those chunky silver platform boots?